Howlin' at the moon (OOC thread) [Lunar Fury]

fhgwdads05 said:
Gryffon said:
Wow. This game certainly attracted a lot of attention.
...Would it help if I withdrew? I mean, a Jadeborn isn't terribly helpful. I like the character I had in mind, but I feel like I might be deadweight, especially with a group of players that are so integrated already. :(
Aww... And I was enjoying the prospect of making sweet artifacts with our characters.
Well, all the useful Charms for Artificing are waaaay up in the Artisan tree.

(Of course, once you hit the ~250 XP+ level, you can spit Orichalcum and blow your nose with Moonsilver, but that is a daunting distance)

I mean, I'd like to play but I also don't want to add more work to something if it's already going to be overtaxed.

You could definitely find some way to integrate. Actually, Braydz's character is supposed to have Exalted while getting caught up in the Realm Civil War (right?). That actually could provide your Jadeborn with a possibly good way (and reason) to come all the way out to the Scavenger Lands. >_>

So you were thinking Artisan, though?

Hey Gryff, wanna be pals? :)

The only one we have to worry about work for is Sherwood, and if he's still letting people in it means he can manage.

So no more of this quittin' stuff until Sherwood starts kicking people out.

Entaris said:
great, so I went through the trouble of joining PS to get "Rock falls, everyone dies"
I know the meme, but I don't know what you mean.

Also the Lunar juices aren't flowing (ew), I am going to have to bow out for now. I might ask to come back later if the story plants the character seed in my head (ew).

Well, Sherwood basically just said we were gonna be facing off against Walker, a Deathlord. AKA, We can't win unless someone randomly pulls Spirit Devouring Method from their Charm Tree or something. Not to mention who knows what kind of assistance one Deathlord could get from the others when it's apparent that the Children of the Incarnae are attacking. Hence "Rock falls, everyone dies" or, more appropriately, "Juggernaut sneezes, everyone dies"

Entaris said:
Well, Sherwood basically just said we were gonna be facing off against Walker, a Deathlord. AKA, We can't win unless someone randomly pulls Spirit Devouring Method from their Charm Tree or something. Not to mention who knows what kind of assistance one Deathlord could get from the others when it's apparent that the Children of the Incarnae are attacking. Hence "Rock falls, everyone dies" or, more appropriately, "Juggernaut sneezes, everyone dies"
Well I also think that he mentioned several plot-threads that we could grab onto. Going up against Walker in Darkness who may or may not have the sympathy of other Deathlords is probably only one of them.

So me, I'm hopeful. :)

Entaris said:
Deathlords assisting one another?

HA! :lol:

That's a good one.

If it's to destroy a sizeable group of Protectors, I think they might manage.

-sigh- I really don't care, when are we starting?

I should have my sheet up soon--Braydz, you should totally message me if you'd like to be teamed up/friends.

...Besides, I need a Celestial to walk around with or I start incurring the wrath of the Geas.

I'm just out the country and away from my copy of Fallen Races.

I will be posting up the initial story thread in a few days to give everyone some time to finalize their ideas.

Sheet mostly done, I just have to decide wether I stay armor free and make a custom artifact knife, or grab a short klave and a breastplate and roll with it... else I'm done.

Sherwood, what are your feelings on custom artifacts?

If nothing else, I've got more than enough Artifact dots to throw around.

Yeah about that...

Could we shift background dots for BP... in my case 5 BP would allow me to take a combo (FLB - 7SE - and scene long athletics charms) and boost wp, but I have to put some dots in artifacts with the 5 extra Background dots without really wanting to. :|

I took the background dots as being supposed to represent what you've gained during the time that would have given you the extra 50XP.... Allies, Influence, Resources, Backing, Followers, etc...

I certainly had no problems with that, in fact I almost wish I had a little more. But that might be also because I had to spend BP on Essence. >_<

Which technically is a poor choice considering the xp cost :wink:

7 BP vs rating x 8.

Let's say 1 BP = minimum 3xp (what it costs to take the 1st dot in any favored/caste ability or a background dot). You just throw minimum 21 xp out of the window for something that would cost exactly 16 xp (raising essence from 2 to 3). You loose 5 xp with this option.

1BP is actually much more useful spent differently, it can boost virtues, willpower and abilities beyond 3 with usually a lower cost than xp does... of course when you're dealing with a standard chargen with no xp it's going to be a hard choice (but come on... 2 BP to boost 1 wp and save 9/11 xp...).

But in the case of a chargen with xp... you're much better off spending xp on anything else than willpower, virtues and abilities higher than 3.

My two cents.

Oh, I totally agree. I had just originally wanted to get as many Spells as possible with my XP. Considering the basic Charms I think Keene will need to survive, it leaves me with very little room to move around in. -_-

Though... I just figured out if I lose one Spell I can do the whole Essence 3/Sorcery bit with XP alone. I'll have to see if it fits what I better had in mind, but it gives me more of an opportunity to beef his Willpower to where I think it should actually be. >_>

Well "saving" xp/bp on essence and willpower should allow you to buy more spells in the end.

I'd need a look at your build to verify that, but I faced this evident conclusion when I was doing Maleek's sheet.

So I got something rough up for my character. I've realized that I'm awful at character creation as far as having an at all effective character so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also don't know anything about Jadeborn or how the new game is starting, so I didn't include you, Gryff, or just what may have set up Kirakikka's being in a position to adventure with the party.

Congratulations, Braydz! Are you planning the wedding already? We're actually skipping a lot of the traditional wedding stuff: we'll be having the ceremony and the party in a park, no religious stuff, no big poofy gown, no aisle to walk down. We'd probably skip the cake, too, but... cake!

As to why the whole official commitment thing, it's a mix of making things easier regarding kids, taxes, joint property, etc., and also wanting to publicly acknowledge and celebrate the fact that we've decided to spend our lives together.

Also, now I need to make up a new character. Hmmmm.

Trust me, its better that way. My wife's best friend and our roommate is getting hitched in about six weeks, and the two of them have merged into a composite beast known as Bridezilla. Its a scary thing to watch

Huh... I had always assumed it was set in the Scavenger Lands/East like the last game, but I can't recall if Sherwood actually said that. >_>

It will be either in the East, or on the Blessed Isle. Depends on which plot line you guys want to get involved in. I'll be placing a summary/background post to get some motion in the game shortly.

Most likely the east for me less I rewrite the character... an escaped prisoner who killed the youngest son of a dynast setting foot in the Blessed Isle is a bit improbable !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back