Howlin' at the moon (OOC thread) [Lunar Fury]

Didn't mean to sound stodgy, it's turning into a new game, where it was is not where it is going.

Speaking of where it is going in regards to my character. I would like to hold off a bit until I know the direction of the campaign. What is actually going on usually plays a big part in where I am from and what I want, and to an extent how I do it. I am thinking a Changing Moon right now. I really hate the sound of it, but James Bond Lunar. Sly and sexy, stealthy and slick. I have no idea what kinda of animal totem they would have though.

Also flirted with the idea of casteless but with silver pact people running around that just makes things odd, the RP opportunities seem kinda flat to me.

Also flirted with the idea of keeping old Prying Eyes depending. Would just need to update him finally. At least he isn't as far ahead as the other two, they have a chapter at least head start.

I'm open-minded to keeping old characters around if the newbies were, to say, receive three-quarters of the XP? That way we're within the league of them, but still younger.

You can completely disregard anything I say if you wish, however.

Dude, James Bond? Totem = Fox, man! A black fox, too, with a white stripe down the middle of his chest where the Tux ends and you see his shirt.

And make him have the Sean Connery drawl/accent and his Charisma maxed and his Appearance like 4, his Prescence 5 and a specialty in Wooing or Witty Banter.

Can't give him much in Ride, though, cuz Bond never could drive that well >.< Sail would be fine, though, James loved sailing...

I was wanting to 're-do' my old character anyway; she ended up trying to keep up with the Full Moons in combat, rather than be the tricksy li'l scamp she was supposed to be.

OOoooh, Casteless! I have a GREAT idea for a Casteless character that I completely forgot about!

She was an NPC and the original background was that she was an old Chimera in her last life who found her Solar mate and reconnecting with him allayed some of her crazy, with the help of some Taboos. But the Lunars that were with the Circle convinced him that she was a lost cause and he killed her. The Exaltation got reformatted in Yu-Shan, and given to a commoner girl fighting in the Realm civil war going on. As it happens (or was going to but the game ended) she was going to meet her mate again and start remembering her last life, be fit to kill him and then realize that the Solar had done the right thing, then go back to fighting the good fight.

Going with Sherwood's version of events, she would have been a commoner mixed up with one side or another in the Realm civil war, then probably have run off to the front lines of the second Fair Folk invasion. Since then she's maybe gotten swept up by the Silver Pact, and is maybe considering them just another corrupt oligarchy. If she's still with the Pact she's not done with her Trials, and anyway no one's had a chance to Tattoo her yet.

So fhgwdads05, want to have put down your chimera Lunar mate before the craziness in Sherwood's timeline happened? If not I can just drop that bit.

Braydz said:
I was wanting to 're-do' my old character anyway; she ended up trying to keep up with the Full Moons in combat, rather than be the tricksy li'l scamp she was supposed to be.
OOoooh, Casteless! I have a GREAT idea for a Casteless character that I completely forgot about!

She was an NPC and the original background was that she was an old Chimera in her last life who found her Solar mate and reconnecting with him allayed some of her crazy, with the help of some Taboos. But the Lunars that were with the Circle convinced him that she was a lost cause and he killed her. The Exaltation got reformatted in Yu-Shan, and given to a commoner girl fighting in the Realm civil war going on. As it happens (or was going to but the game ended) she was going to meet her mate again and start remembering her last life, be fit to kill him and then realize that the Solar had done the right thing, then go back to fighting the good fight.

Going with Sherwood's version of events, she would have been a commoner mixed up with one side or another in the Realm civil war, then probably have run off to the front lines of the second Fair Folk invasion. Since then she's maybe gotten swept up by the Silver Pact, and is maybe considering them just another corrupt oligarchy. If she's still with the Pact she's not done with her Trials, and anyway no one's had a chance to Tattoo her yet.

So fhgwdads05, want to have put down your chimera Lunar mate before the craziness in Sherwood's timeline happened? If not I can just drop that bit.
Hrm... possible.. I'm just not sure if Keene would have been experienced enough. Though maybe he did that and went out and found the Exaltation's next host afterward. Keene isn't very compassionate, so it'd be difficult to say that he felt any actual remorse for the first event. That does make it a little tough to support an event like that, but...

Perhaps he's purposely lying to himself. Perhaps he really does feel bad that he didn't have enough skill to remove the taint of the Wyld from his mate, and he's just forced that into his subconscious mind because it doesn't fit with the egotistical personality he defines himself with. This would be a really interesting twist for him, and it's something I was kind of lacking beforehand for his backstory. I think it will work well, go for it.

I'd kind of like it, actually, if they met for the first time this incarnation in-game.

So there's a chimera that scraps with Keene or his people or something, and then this feral young woman, girl really, with a host of Wyld mutations shows up and follows him around like a hurt puppy. So that I have an idea what would have happened, for 'flashback' purposes, what would Keene have done about it before his contacts in the Silver Pact convinced him she needed to be put down? They would have done it happily, so why did he do it?

Braydz said:
I'd kind of like it, actually, if they met for the first time this incarnation in-game.
So there's a chimera that scraps with Keene or his people or something, and then this feral young woman, girl really, with a host of Wyld mutations shows up and follows him around like a hurt puppy. So that I have an idea what would have happened, for 'flashback' purposes, what would Keene have done about it before his contacts in the Silver Pact convinced him she needed to be put down? They would have done it happily, so why did he do it?
Well, I was actually thinking that he met a few Lunars of the Silver Pact around the same time he met your character. This would have been his first link with the Silver Pact, and the events that took place with your character's last incarnation would help cement that alliance. I have in mind one Seneschal and at least one Sword of Luna (the two factions most likely to work with Solars, as well) - the Seneschal would have favored bringing your character's last incarnation and Keene together by fixing her up, and the Sword of Luna would have been wary. When it became clear the Tattoos didn't help things, the Sword(s) would have probably attempted to convince the Seneschal to put her down (who would have been against it, but perhaps did it because of the situation).

I imagine Keene would have been outwardly reticent - he hates the Wyld with a fervor that the Swords appreciate well, but he would probably feel somewhat against killing someone who came to him seemingly innocent. No doubt he would go with it (he's not really a social character, so convincing him would be plausible if difficult only from him ignoring the calls for action at first), and he'd quietly regret it later. I'm not sure if he would take direct action in the actual murder, but I can definitely see him standing close by with a grim expression while just observing.

Cool. I just realized I didn't really answer your question too well, but you got the idea. Basically, Keene wouldn't do much, if anything about it. Perhaps she started following him around just before he met the Silver Pact members - after meeting them, he would've definitely brought her to their attention, and the events would have played out as given. But as far as his actions, well, after a couple of small clashes between them, he would have probably realized that she didn't mean to harm him and would have "played along" with her following, so to speak. I imagine meeting other Lunars would have been a sort of godsend for him - perhaps an opportunity to fix her up in a way he didn't know how, or what have you.

Well if he has a thing about 'fixing' things, she was definitely broken and I'm pretty sure that there's absolutely nothing he could have done about fixing her. And then the Lunars come along and say, "Yes she's one of ours, and yes we're old and powerful, but no there's not a damn thing we can do about her but put her to death."

To add a sense of immediacy to the situation, let's say that she almost killed someone after Keene and whoever he associated with decided that she was pretty-much innocent. She had Permanent Limit 7, and the third night of the full moon she had a Limit Break and took an otherwise innocuous Virtue Flaw too far.

Braydz said:
Well if he has a thing about 'fixing' things, she was definitely broken and I'm pretty sure that there's absolutely nothing he could have done about fixing her. And then the Lunars come along and say, "Yes she's one of ours, and yes we're old and powerful, but no there's not a damn thing we can do about her but put her to death."
To add a sense of immediacy to the situation, let's say that she almost killed someone after Keene and whoever he associated with decided that she was pretty-much innocent. She had Permanent Limit 7, and the third night of the full moon she had a Limit Break and took an otherwise innocuous Virtue Flaw too far.
Actually, he's not about fixing things unless it's beneficial to him - but fixing her would be. I agree about the Lunar bit, but I kind of liked the prospect of having her Tattooed first and afterwards thinking "Oh shit, why did we do that? She's too far gone." Still, your call.

I'm a bit confused on "whoever he associated with." Did you mean the Silver Pact Lunars by that, or the people Keene was native to, or something else? :?

fhgwdads05 said:
Actually, he's not about fixing things unless it's beneficial to him - but fixing her would be. I agree about the Lunar bit, but I kind of liked the prospect of having her Tattooed first and afterwards thinking "Oh shit, why did we do that? She's too far gone." Still, your call.
Tattoos first works just fine. Let's go with that.

fhgwdads05 said:
I'm a bit confused on "whoever he associated with." Did you mean the Silver Pact Lunars by that, or the people Keene was native to, or something else? :?
Well I was figuring that he didn't exist in a vacuum, and for some reason I keep thinking of him as having followers or a protectorate or something. I wasn't thinking the Silver Pact Lunars, but if she saw one of them as a threat that could work too.

Cool.

And no, he doesn't live in a vacuum :P . He would be with his native people (who also happen to worship him >_>) until he met up with the Silver Pact members, at which point he would most likely leave with them.

I'm still working out the later portions of the backstory, but working these things out is definitely helping.

So his native people (and there-by Keene because he's their hero and what-not) had a run-in with Chimera X, or maybe Chimera X was a long-standing problem. Either way Keene had an encounter with her and she escaped. A few days later a feral but passive Wyld mutant wandered into town and latched onto Keene. She was very protective of him but did what he told her to, and eventually learned to be protective of Keene's people and land too. The Silver Pact comes along (as you please) and addresses Keene's 'pet.' They Tattoo her, but on the Full Moon she takes something someone does the wrong way and attacks them. Keene's commands don't work so they have to subdue her. The Tattooing, it was decided, was a valiant attempt but in the end futile and the Sword puts her down as Keene watches.

Or something like that.

Probably just a run-in. But yeah, that sounds good. If you'll need to know, Keene's native people are called the Danuen. They're semi-nomadic, have a culture that's rife with the occult, and revere nature above all else (well, until Keene saved them - now it's a bit hard to say >_>). They wander the lands around a long-forgotten Sidereal Manse that's been in the Bordermarches since the Balorian Crusade.

I was kinda avoiding fox because I have a really bad mental block against fox lunars. It's because they are the archetypal and most rampant type of furries (sorry Juk). This isn't furry hating, just fox furry hating. If you are gonna be a fetishist at least be an inspired one.

YAY LAUNDREU! Now this is the Lunar Fury I remember.

Also, I may stick with old Prying Eyes if allowed. I have gotten past my mental block I had with him. I will just have to make sure I don't compete with the Twilight Sorcerer.

I personally don't care if I have to do a new chargen or revive Kahak.

I like Kahak (and Boreal) very much, but if we're doing another story with no or very few links with the old one, it might be better to start with a new guy.

St's call in the end. :)

I must confess a certain fondness for the options available to me with Boreal, since one of the story options is to stick it to Walker in Darkness, and she has a major hate for the undead.

So, Oh Fearless Leader, what is our setup going to be, particularly in relationship to everything that was going on when the first Chronicle ended?

Sherwood said:
I must confess a certain fondness for the options available to me with Boreal, since one of the story options is to stick it to Walker in Darkness, and she has a major hate for the undead.
And she can try to take control of Kahak :mrgreen:

Even though I like the idea of Prying Eyes coming back from the wyld, hardened and aged but still with that gentle core (while typing that I was reminded of when the kid came back in Reboot, a hardass). I don't think he would necessarily fit in, or go with a new group. He was rather attached to his old one. Granted if Knife is involved he might be there.

I will start stewing over my smooth talking back stabbing Changing moon in context of the Walker. Also, I decided he would be a venomous serpent. More fitting, and I don't have to worry about foxy bits. I am thinking slave emancipator, but just thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back