Howlin' at the moon (OOC thread) [Lunar Fury]

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Eh, we needed one.

I do hope we don't have to pull Social-Fu any time soon. None of our characters seem too able in that regard.

Heh. Well, your Mentor is a pig (seriously) with little social skills. The thing that keeps him from getting into fights with other Silver Pact members is that he is very intelligent, a gifted sorcerer of the Celestial level, and a skilled astrologer. He prefers to be left alone, and sometimes has trouble with the handful of 'kids' he's taken to training.

GET OFF MY LAWN! Er, I mean, ROCK! :lol:

Sherwood said:
Heh. Well, your Mentor is a pig (seriously) with little social skills. The thing that keeps him from getting into fights with other Silver Pact members is that he is very intelligent, a gifted sorcerer of the Celestial level, and a skilled astrologer. He prefers to be left alone, and sometimes has trouble with the handful of 'kids' he's taken to training.
So sorta like my guy in a few hundred years? 'Cept my guy'd probably have started work on his giant sky fortress by then...

Hey, I got some social-fu. Not just that, but like Dr. Doolittle, I can talk to the animals.

Of course, unlike him, I can do it from a much stronger position.

I like to think of my character as an adaptive survivor. If I get to a situation I can't survive without social skills I'll learn them. But so far all my problems have been solvable with a daiklaive.

How keen are you on making up new charms, etc? I was thinking of trying to focus on two weapon fighting and twin fang is handy but I kind of wanted to make up a few minor charms after. Like instead of making two and they count for onslaught make them coordinated instead, and other minor stuff.

Looks like all we need is Laundreu to put his character up and we are set.

Did already :-P

Also, how are we dealin' with the dice? Is Sherwood going to roll for us, do we roll and he trust us, do we use some sort of 3rd party system somewhere?

In the other PbP game, we've been using the Konkret Web Dice Roller. Then just copy and paste the roll to the bottom of your post.

Or, I can do your rolls for you. Post the die pool you are using and I'll post results for you. Whichever you prefer.

Sherwood said:
In the other PbP game, we've been using the Konkret Web Dice Roller. Then just copy and paste the roll to the bottom of your post.
Or, I can do your rolls for you. Post the die pool you are using and I'll post results for you. Whichever you prefer.
Is it okay if I just post my hand-rolled dice? My precious will get lonely if I don't roll them. :P

Fine. Just so long as its not all '10's' every time. :lol: Kidding.

Just a point of Lunar etiquette, staying in your DBT form all the time is a signal that you are ready for battle at any time. It can be a symbol of your martial ability, or, a well delivered insult to a host that you don't trust him/her to provide protection. One Tusk will give you occational jobs to do in human form, but overall does not care if you are in your DBT for most of the time, except in his tents. The mortals in the valley are quite used to being around Lunars, and form a small cult in support of One Tusk, so seeing you in your DBT may startle them the first few times as they wonder if there is some danger, but once they get used to it, seeing you in your war form won't raise an eyebrow.

Hmm... I'd forgotten about the ettiquette part. I'll just edit out the scaly part and say he's in Human form with Wings tacked on...

Hybrid Body Rearrangment is useful.

Curses! I shall sling rocks at you!

Sherwood, with the Hawk I have in my background and as an animal basically I don't care what stats you want to pick for it. I figure something big enough to carry a person or a small cow. I have the knack for huge shapes and there isn't any huge birds in canon with their own stats. I don't plan on fighting much in it though. Only for travel. A basic RP schtick of mine is only declaring the sacred hunt against worthy targets. No mice or grasshoppers for me, unless they have a poison that does 15A or something. Then they're worthy.

But my basic thoughts was 6/4/6 to reflect a good predator type animal of about great cat size. Tack on the claws, wings, and good vision of a bird and that's about it. Unless you don't mind a Tyrant Lizard sized Roc for 12/4/10! :)

I was going to use a version of the Strix on pg 350 of the core book. It is large enough to carry people.

Be careful throwing rocks at people flying in the air above you. Rocks have a tendancy to fall back to earth and thwack the thrower on the head!

I'd go with the Strix stats as well personally.

And besides, I have... wait, I haven't taken any dodge charms yet. Damn.

Oh, brilliant. I didn't see that creature. How did I miss that for 2 years? Must be the Tyrant Lizard next door.

Oh' date=' brilliant. I didn't see that creature. How did I miss that for 2 years? Must be the Tyrant Lizard next door.[/quote']
I know the feeling. It's like "bear, horse, owl... Ooh, I could mutate this into a dragon!".

Still waiting for Trowzilla and Laundreu to post.... If they don't put something fairly soon I'll keep going and let them catch up. Perhaps they were out of the valley when the airship crashed.

I'm just surprised I got 8 successes on a 7 dice pool! :) I'd better be reading the tail numbers off this jet as it crashes... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back