Other How often do you cry?

Captain_Sheriarty

Consulting Criminal
Okay so i'm doing a thing for school... no im bored... but how often do you cry and what's the reason.

I mostly cry at night and I don't know why soooooo

Whenever I see something that tears my heart out.
Or, alternatively, a terrible injury.
Other than that, I don't usually cry at anything.

When I Cry:
  • Happy/sad ending of a movie/book/anime
  • Character death in movie/book/anime/etc
  • When I was just having a crap day in general
  • When I feel extremely embarrassed and can't handle the pressure
  • When one of my friends is hurt and I hurt with them
  • Sometimes when I yawn, but briefly
  • When I hear a song that's either really sad or evokes a strong emotional reaction in me
  • When I go through something emotionally traumatic like a break up
  • When I feel as if the situation of the world is so freaking helpless and there's nothing we're going to be able to do to fix it
  • When a celebrity I really liked dies (notably, Williams and Rickman)

every day and every night, my heart breaks and the eyeliner tears never end... at this point i don't even get angry, i just cry alone and try not to hurt anyone.

I used to cry about 3 times a year. Now, I don't cry anymore. I have no reason to. I live in paradise, in my mom's home, paid by the government of the United States because I have a disability.

All I do is play video games and watch anime...

I used to be a badass guy who lived in downtown, barhopping and getting into fights. That changed when I converted to Christianity.

Eh, i'm so numb that I can't even cry anymore! I have a disconnection from reality because of everything that has transpired in my life but not everything is considered to be so upsetting because sometimes you'll find things in life that'll distract you away from the horrible and stressful things in life but unfortunately i've had those distractions take over the way that I tend to live.

Because it was safe, I was so worried about the future and to be honest, I still am. Past experiences prevented me from doing the things that I loved and I was so scared of being lost in this world because I grew up as a sheltered introvert that lived with two parents that had serious troubles of their own, i'd wish they'd pay more attention to their child instead of argue when they were drunk and get into physical altercations, i'd write a novel of all the things i've went through and it would be an essay.

(I'd write about all of my problems and how i'm dealing with them to inspire those that have similar issues but i'm dreading the idea of someone figuring out who I am because of privacy.)

I'm afraid of moving forward because I believe this world would consume me because of the way I was raised, i've sucked in a lot of my fears to do the things that i've done but in the end I still wind up being brought to step one but i'm thankful that has changed. Now it's time to start actually enjoying life and being who I am, even though that'll be hard to regain feelings that I once had because of how my psychological state was being used as a tennis ball.

Anyway, i'm trying to find the humor in the previous misery that I once had and i'm still attempting to go forward in life despite a majority of the things going up against me right now. To be honest, I laugh more than cry now because of how i'm still trying to push myself..

Maybe i'm just really optimistic, or maybe i've just completely lost it.

Nah, in all honesty i'm doing pretty good right now! :closed eyes open smile: Don't let previous problems in life distract you from what good things await you in the future and any obstacles that come, just know that there's always a way to overcome them. Nonetheless, it's always good to cry once and a while even though I can't.

Last edited:
It's usually a span of several months, with how my life is going so far. I'm not usually moved to tears often, and it's a rare occurrence for me to start to tear up - even more so to start bawling. Even when I had severe bouts of depression, I never really cried myself to sleep, like how some people do.

I've always just bottled it up and act like everything's alright. I let the silence do all the "crying" for me. When I can't take it anymore, that's when the waterworks come. And as I said, it's a build-up of several months before it happens.

Not that often. Maybe twice a year, somewhere around there? I can't really account for sudden tragedies or loss and frankly I'd rather not try to. That's about all that brings me to that and it has to be some heavy stuff.

Not trying to make myself sound tough because that's pretty far from the truth. It's just that I know myself well. Crying doesn't change anything so if there's a problem I'd rather spend all of my energy challenging it. When I'm really feeling terrible I'm far more prone to bouts of apathy, doubt, and exhaustion than tears.

Pretty much only when I'm very drunk and I think about how small insects are and how I can't hug them.

Last edited:
I don't. Hardly ever. I have to watch a really sad movie or read a good book to be able to work up some tears. Even then, during moments where I should, I don't? It used to be a bit concerning to be honest.

But I do think crying can be good for you!

Only when there's a tragic death in JoJo's bizarre adventure, like this:

I cry whenever I'm stuck on the toilet bowl and my butthole hurts really bad. Any other situation isn't worthy of my eye squirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back