• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hotel California

Mila gently turned the knob and opened cautiously, peeking into her room with a sense of breathlessness. It was classy and nice, much nicer than she had expected. She rolled her suitcase to a stop inside against the wall; however, the jutting of the carpet against the wall caused a bump that caused her unzipped bag of sheet music to topple over. The sheet music spilled out, fluttering to the ground. The different notes and foreign names on the papers jumbled together. The young woman yelped in surprise and bit back a curse, setting her violin aside and going on the ground to sweep it all back up in a messy pile in her arms, the door to her room still left ajar. She would have to take some time to sort them all out; she regretted not taking that extra foreign language class in highschool to help her distinguish between the names.

She was wearing black shorts and a creamy blouse with a rounded collar. She wore a black leather jacket over it; nights were a bit cool sometimes and one could never be too sure. Her soft, long black hair was tied up in a practical ponytail, her bangs brushing her forehead with a few loose strands framing her face. Her sharp, calculating green eyes stood out abruptly against her petite figure and small features.

She wasn't sure how to organize her strewn sheet music, though decided that she should just put them in a disorganized neat pile. She took her open music bag and began to put the papers into it. Her door was still left open, unbeknownst to her.

[Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone that I'm going to quit this RP. I don't have the time to keep up, and there are so many people playing this one... I'm very new to RPing, and this is kind of overwelming. I'll delete my character sheet. Sorry if any of you were looking forward to my playing or anything--not that I think I gave anyone a reason to feel that way.]

Jack made his way towards the bar, winking at a few women who seemed to be staring. Sitting at a stool next to Ari he grinned, "Nice dress. Its making me feel a bit underdressed." He chuckled looking down at his outfit. "Anything with vodka, and lots of it." He said to the bartender before turning to Ari. "What do you want? I'll pay." He said with a smile.

"Pick something." Ari said. 'This should be interesting.' She thought, looking at the alcohol. She had never had a drink before, so this was probably going to end up with her drunk, but hey, don't hate it till you try it. She smiled. This guy really was nice, even if he had a strange friend. She just hoped she wouldn't get carried away when she was drunk, if she did get drunk.

"A glass of rosé for the lady, as well." Tai smiled, putting the money on the table as the man brought the two drinks to them. Tai's was simply vanilla cream with quite a bit of vodka, and Ari's the pink champagne. "So, tell me a little about yourself." He said, taking a gulp of his drink. He had experience with drinking, so he knew it would take a few of these before he was drunk, but once he was, he knew he'd be getting crazy.

Ari sipped her drink. It was pleasant. She smiled. "Well, I don't like super flirts and jerks, so its a miracle that I'm here." Ari laughed. She took another sip, staying calm so far. She hoped she would last longer than a few drinks but that had yet to be proven. But she did feel lighter. The drink was also a pretty color.

Tai put on a look of hurt, pressing a hand to his chest. "Are you calling me a jerk?" He gasped, only really feeling a slight twinge of hurt. He knew he was a super flirt, but not a jerk. "I mean, I get the flirt part, but how am I a jerk?" He asked, taking another gulp of his drink.

Ari laughed. "No. You are quite the opposite actually." Ari said. She took another sip and looked at him. "Your actually quite nice despite your appearance." Ari said. She was beginning to feel a bit lighter. Her stomach was feeling kind of bubbly. She felt like laughing a lot but she didn't wasn't to embarrass herself.

"Well thank you, I'm glad you think so." Tai chuckled with a wink. "You seem quite pleasant yourself." He took another drink, of course the alcohol had yet to get to to him "So, do you drink? I hadn't thought to ask before I invited you." He asked with a small laugh. "I forget sometimes that other people don't just spend their time partying like myself." He tossed his black hair, keeping up his usual charm as he drank.

Ari smiled. "Nope, this is my first time!" Ari said very excitedly. Normally she wouldn't have stated that but the alcohol was starting to get to her. She felt a laugh bubble up from her stomach as she started laughing. She smiled. He was Purdy. Or at the least that's what she thought. She smiled and took a swig of her drink.

Tai laughed at Ari's obvious inebriation and carefully slid the glass away from her. "I can tell it is." He took another swig of his own drink. "You might want to slow down a little bit, I think it's going straight to your head." He laughed again, it was unusual to be around someone so new to drinking.

Ari pouted. "But I don't wana." She wined. She grabbed the glass back from him. She smiled and downed the rest of it. She smiled evilly hiccupping. She giggled, which spiraled into laughter. "This is fun~!" She exclaimed. The world was starting to sway so she tried to fix it by swaying back and forth. "Funny vision." She mumbled.

Tai chugged down the rest of his drink and grabbed onto Ari, "Alright, you're cut off darling." He laughed, helping her out of her seat. "Let's get you up to your room and but you in bed." He began to walk her to the elevator. "You're going to be feeling this in the morning." Chuckling, he tried to keep her up straight, and got more than a couple odd looks.

Ari giggled, falling on his shoulder. "Whee!~ ROLLERCOASTER!" She screamed as they got to the elevator. Her vision was swaying back and forth as she walked. "You shur are nice, and purrrrrrrdy." She said as she stumbled. She felt funny. She started laughing again, still swaying. "Weee!" She said.

Tai

"Whoah, you gotta relax there, darling." Tai chuckled, grabbing her shoulders to stop her from falling. "Sounds like the alcohol really got to you. What happened to 'I don't like big flirts or jerks'?" He asked with a laugh. Finally they made it to the 8th floor, and he turned towards Ari, "Which room is yours? If you can remember that is." He said, still amused by how little alcohol could get her drunk.

Ari pointed a lazy finger at the door down the hall. "Tshat on~!" She said. Her vision was all fuzzy and everything was tilting back and forth. "I thought we got off the roller coaster?" She said, still tilting. She smiled and giggled again. "You look fuuunnyyie~!" She said, staring at him. She was glad she wasn't wearing high heels at the moment.

Jack

Jack half carried Ari down the hall to her room. "Don't hurl on me, I've already had plenty of women do that after drinking." He said, almost worried that she would. He had plenty of experience with that, and didn't want to spend the night cleaning champagne off his shoes. Eventually, he got her into her room and sat her on the bed. "Just sit down for a minute, darling. I'll make some coffee to sober you up just a tad." He started towards the coffee maker, tossing his hair. "Otherwise you'll be hungover all tomorrow, and trust me, that is not at all fun." He said, making coffee for the two of them.

"Oh shthaaaaaak yu~" Ari slurred as she fell onto the bed. A few moments later, she bolted upright and said "Oh shoot" and ran into the bathroom. The unattractive sounds that tend to be the result of drinking too much were soon heard from the area that she currently inhabited. She groaned, trying not to look at the gruesome result of her champagne.

Tai

"Crap." Tai grumbled, hearing Ari as she felt the results of drinking too much, too fast for her first time. He rushed into the bathroom, pulling Ari's hair out of her face and wetting a washcloth to help wash her face. "I told you to slow down." He said, withholding a chuckle as he clicked his tongue. He grabbed another washcloth with cold water on it and pressed it to the back of her neck to cool her down. "Is it all out of your stomach, or is there more?"

"Nope." Ari said, grumbling. "That's it. I vouch never to drink again! Or at least for the next few days." Ari said, sitting on the floor. She had a massive headache and felt sleep tugging on her. She groaned and shook her head. "I am so tired." She said. She grimaced and walked toward the bed. She flopped onto the comforter and fell asleep dreaming of pancakes.

Tai & Tskuni

Laughing about the events of the night, Tai went back to the bar and bought himself another one of his drinks before going to his own room. "Tskuni, I'm back." He called out into the room and sighed when he saw that Tskuni was awake. "And why are you awake?" He said, pursing his lips and crossing his arms.

"I wasn't tired yet. Plus, you're back earlier than I expected." Tskuni said, picking up Bubbles off the bed and putting her back in the habitat. "What was all that noise, by the way?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Our new friend got a little too drunk. It was her first time." Tai laughed, chugging down his own drink. "Now, it's time to go to bed." He said, putting Tskuni in the pull-out couch bed and ruffled his hair. "Night Tskuni." He said, going to his own bed and passing out.

Ari woke up the next morning with a headache. She really couldn't remember much of what happened the previous night - everything was a big blur - but for some reason she had a good feeling about the previous night. Her throat burned and her mouth had a sour and crude taste about it. Her head thumped with a dull shocking ache as she dressed herself and walked down the hallway to her breakfast outside.

Colonel Maxwell stared out the window next to him while slowly shaking a glass of wine, he was currently riding in a rented plane that was currently traveling over what appeared to be open sand.

His grin only grew as his pilot's voice came from the cockpit "We'll be at the designated drop in under three minutes sir!"

The Colonel chuckled as he slid his tall form from his seat and walked over to his assistant.

Ayumi was standing next to the large sliding door on the side of the plane, having already strapped their suitcases and a parachute on.

She visibly brightened as the Colonel approached.

"Here Darling, Hold this for me." the Colonel said as he handed Ayumi his wine and went to strap his parachute on over his suit.

Ayumi held it with pride, even though she was nearly painfully weighed down by the luggage.

"Colonel," she said slowly as she sniffed the glass "couldn't we have just gone to New York again? You really liked the Empire State building."

"Eh, I already sailed down it." the Colonel stated casually "I set fire to a floor, got kicked out several times, broke in and wrote graffiti all over a large portion of the windows and so on. So no, I think it's been used well past its entertainment."

Ayumi sighed as she traced the edge of the glass with a finger, "Um, we could always go back to the island together" she started "just you and me for a while. I can honestly say that I would love-"

"We're currently flying over the designated drop zone!"

The Colonel shot up and took his glass of wine back "You heard the man Chi-Chi," he said with another trademark smirk before whipping open the door and straight up pushing his assistant out into the air.

The Colonel waited a few seconds while sipping his wine "Damn, I love life." he stated before tossing his glass out and swan diving after it.

Ayumi struggled to keep herself proportioned in the wind what with all the suitcases, but she eventually got herself in a proper sky diving form.

She couldn't say that she wasn't wholly terrified as the ground grew closer.

"Come here you delicious little thing." came the Colonel's voice

Ayumi immediately forgot that she was miles above ground and spun to find the sweet voice. She spotted a shiny object that sped past her, and saw the Colonel pass by after it.

"Don't think I plan on walking without a treat now!" The Colonel said as he focused on the falling glass. He reached out a slender arm towards it and strained.

The second his fingers closed around it the Colonel pulled back and admired the glass, "Still as clean as whistle, you just have to love Latin's underground Glass blowers." he grinned before looking down "Oh look, the ground."

He pulled the chord on his pack and the parachute shot out and expanded, bringing his decent to a slow and steady pace.

Ayumi struggled to get to her chord through the suitcases, but soon found herself floating down towards the ground as well. She turned her head to find the Colonel calmly pouring himself a drink from a flask as he floated.

At first she sighed at knowing he was okay, but that turned to a gasp as she realized how romantic their situation seemed.

"Sir?"

"What is it Chi-Chi?" the Colonel asked as he focused on not spilling a drop of his fine wine.

"Well, it's just that I've been trying to tell you something for a while now" she started hesitantly "and I think now would be a good-"

The landing caught her off guard, and she quickly tripped on her parachute.

The Colonel walked steadily as soon as his feet touched the sand, letting his Parachute trail behind him.

He tossed away the flask and drank his whine soothingly as he stared at the hotel with a smirk.

Ayumi got to her wobbly feet and sighed in disappointment.

"We'll be there in a couple minutes," he stated before turning back to his Assistant "Need any help?"

Ayumi shook her head before pulling the Suitcases from herself and tossing them onto the parachute, which she used like a sled.

"Well then, to commemorate our stay," the Colonel said "allow me to sing some deeply harmonious Italian Opera."

And sing he did, as they walked the rest of the way to the Hotel.

Ayumi pulled the parachute and suitcases along with almost unthinkable ease for a girl of her stature.

The Colonel sang all the way up until they reached the entrance of the hotel.

Just before breakfast was going to end, Tskuni trudged out of his room somewhat like a zombie with Bubbles perched on his head. He earned more than a couple odd glances, after all it wasn't everyday that people saw such a small child carrying such a large arachnid. Especially when the child didn't seem to have any adults around. However, he didn't seem to be interested in anything but food at the moment.

Ari lazily ate her piece of toast. Her head felt like she was balancing a ton of bricks. She rubbed her temple, taking another bite of toast. She sighed. "Never again...." She muttered, gnawing on the toasted bread. She looked around and saw Tskuni. She smiled at him before bending over again, rubbing her temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back