• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hotel California

Sam wandered down to the eating area with her earphones hanging around her neck, at the ready if she felt like a small boost of music. Her eyes flittered around the room and at the different people who were scattered around. She thought it interesting at the number of people who had come to the hotel that she had only heard about through a radio broadcasting late the previous night. Her stomach grumbled at the smell of waffles, and so she grabbed a plate.

Kira makes her way from her room to the restaurant to get herself breakfast. She was wearing a blue maxi skirt and a white tank top over her bathing suit, deciding to spend some time at the pool. The only thing she wished this hotel had was a beach, then it'd be perfect. She gets herself some pancakes and a mimosa, the perfect combination for a hang over. Food to soak it up and a little hair of the dog to combat the headache. She glances around as she ate, noticing even more people arrived at the hotel. I wonder if everyone got a free room. Even if they were performing an experiment, they'd be losing a lot of money by now. A couple people is understandable.... maybe it was only offered to a few of us

Ari looked up at the buffet, her stomach growling. She decided to get some pancakes. She got off her feet and walked towards the buffet. She sighed, picking up the tongs. Her head still hurt a ton but she decided food would help. As she was placing the pancakes on her plate she bumped the person next to her, causing her to drop the waffle that was being transferred to her plate.

"Hey!" Sam said, more surprised than angry. She took a quick glance at her waffle now squashed on the tiled floor, then looked up at the stranger that had bumped into her. The stranger was strikingly beautiful with long dark hair cascading over her shoulders, and she had three unusal teardrop tatoos right below her left eye. She was about to say something, but then decided against it, and reached for another waffle to put on her plate.

Ari looked at her. "Sorry." She said sheepishly. She grabbed her plate and piled fruit on it before turning to her. "Sorry again." She said, lifting her gaze to the stranger. 'Your face is new. Did you arrive today?" Ari asked, smiling at the girl in front of her. She seemed nice, but Ari could never tell when someone was mad.

"Yeah, I came here late last night." Sam looked a little closer at the stranger. "Do I know you?" She asked. For some reason, the stranger looked awfully familiar. She tried thinking back to where she may have seen her. "Did we go to the same school or something? A summer camp?" Sam thought that she would recognize someone who looked like the stranger she was now talking to, but she just couldn't think of where she could have met her.

Ari smiled at her. "No, I don't think so. My name's Ari." She said. She liked meeting new people but most people were frightened by her. You know, the whole "Don't touch me or I will beat you up" thing. She rubbed her temple as another wave of pain came over her head. "Stupid alcohol." She muttered, squishing her features together.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked. "Tough hangover? You're first time?" Sam added. "My name's Sam by the way." She added, thinking it was only customary to introduce herself to the first person that she held a conversation with at the hotel. She put down her plate and ushered her to a nearby table.

Ari sat down. "Yep. I might have drunk a glass to much." She said, still rubbing her temple. It was official, she hated hangovers. She grumbled as the pain died down a bit as she looked up at her plate. She cut her first pancake and shoved a piece in her face, the warm pancake melting in her mouth.

"So, when did you come here?" Sam asked as she took a bite out of a waffle that she just got from the buffet. It was delicious. Sam wasn't so sure about Ari yet, but she wanted to get to know her a little better. "And what made you come here?" She was curious about the other people at the hotel, and Ari seemed pretty knowlegable about the place.

Ari smiled at her. "I came here yesterday and I came here because i got lost." Ari said, rubbing her head. She sighed as the headache came back. "I decided drinking with a handsome almost stranger was a good idea. It was not as good of an idea as I thought." She said, rubbing her temple. She hated this stupid head ache.

The Colonel marched through the entrance as he finished his latest bid. Ayumi followed with the luggage after removing the parachute from her back.

The Colonel checked them in with the staff managing the front desk. They both signed their respective forms and, after the Colonel received their room key, the two made their way to their room on the top floor.

"By the way darling," the Colonel said "I could've easily gotten you your own room. Mine is more than large enough, but I'd thought you'd want some privacy."

"It's no problem at all sir," Ayumi replied with a bit too much satisfaction "we work best as a team right?"

"Don't know if that applies to living conditions," the Colonel said before shrugging "but I guess it's fine."

Ayumi shivered in delight.

The Colonel entered a room and grew a curious smirk "Well, seems like I've forgotten where the elevators are." He scratched his head "seems like I'm not as young as I used to be."

Instead of an elevator, the two stepped into a restaurant.

"Oh sir, it's okay." Ayumi started as she shifted the suitcases in her arms "we can-"

"-ask for directions!" Concluded the Colonel

"What, why!?!" Ayumi gave a panicked look.

"Because I wouldn't want my Number 1 assistant to over exert herself " he said before approaching the nearest table and draining the rest of his wine glass.

"Bu-bu-but-!" She stuttered as she followed

The Colonel approached two girls who seemed to be in deep conversation.

"Excuse me ladies, but I'm trying to find an elevator and it's been a long time since my last stay here. Would either of you be kind enough to point me in the right direction?"

"Yikes! What possessed you to do that?" Sam asked. "And what made him an 'almost stranger'?" she added. She took another bite of her waffle, and added a deliberate amount of syrup to it, just as a man and a lady approached their table, asking for directions to an elevator. "Sorry, it's my first real day here. I'm not really sure how I came here myself." Sam said with a shrug.

Ari looked up at the newcomers. "The elevators are that way." She said, gesturing over to the right. She turned back to Sam. "The reason I went is because he is not a half bad guy and the fact that I met him yesterday." She said, rubbing her temple. She sighed. "This sucks." She said. She looked around fro Tai.

Tskuni continued his zombie-like trudge until he made it to the buffet of food. He piled a plate with a ridiculous amount of food and looked around for a table. Too tired to look for Ari, he found a table and sat by himself. He took Bubbles off his head, set him on the table and began to devour his food. In a better mood, he took Bubbles and his plate back up to the buffet line and get another large plate of food.

Ari finished her pancakes and walked up to Tskuni. She smiled and picked up another pancake. "Hey Tskumi." She said, smiling at him. She spotted Bubbles on his head. 'Hey Bubbles." She said. She laughed and then bent over again. "Stupid alcohol." She muttered, rubbing her temple. She hated the effects of that sweet pink drink.

The Colonel's smile deepened at the girl's words, he turned to his assistant

"You hear that Chi-" he stopped upon seeing the glares she was casting the girls

"Darling," the Colonel said as he patted Ayumi on the head "we've got some unpacking to do."

Ayumi immediately began shuddering at the touch before regaining control and nodding.

To her sadness, the Colonel turned and began making his way in the direction of the elevator.

Ayumi got her breaths to slow, and gulped nervously before following after the Colonel.

She got to him just after he called for the elevator. The two made their way to their room from there.

Laughing, Tskuni took Bubbles off his head and looked up at Ari."I heard about that. You're a real light weight, huh?" He chuckled before shoveling more food in his mouth. "Tai didn't flirt with you too much, did he?" He asked around a mouthful of bacon. "I know he wouldn't take advantage of drunk women, but before that?"

"No, well I don't really remember." Ari said. "All I remember is that he helped me when I got sick afterwards." She said. She rubbed her temple. "I think he even tried to stop me." She said. "But I had to drink the rest of it." She muttered. She sighed. "I hate that stupid stuff." She said. She picked up some bacon and ate it.

"Wow, a glass of rosé makes you that wasted?" Tskuni asked, withholding a laugh. "Get yourself a bloody mary or a mimosa." He said, kicking his feet as he continued to shovel food into his mouth. "Tai tells me that if you sip it slowly, it'll take away the headache and not get you drunk." He gulped down some orange juice. "He teaches me this stuff for when I'm a party animal like him."

Ari laughed. "Well I have surge gotten myself into a pickle with you guys." She said, looking at him. She ordered a mimosa and drank it. She sighed as her head ache went away slowly. 'Ahh, much better." She said. She smiled. "Thanks bud." She said as she looked at him. She grabbed another piece of bacon. 'Speaking of Tai, where is he?" She asked.

Kit violently shook her head to clear the fog that was building an empire in her head, 'damn it, I overslept.'

She couldn't remember how she'd gotten back to her room, the last thing she remembered was sitting at the bar with a vodka coke. 'Okay fine... several vodka cokes', she admitted to herself.

Frantically, Kit looked towards her bedside table. The digital clock was flashing 12:00 AM, but the gleam of sunlight peeking through the curtains told her otherwise. She quested through her backpack for her phone, making a mess as she rapidly flung t-shirts halfway across the room. Finally, she grasped her cell phone and held in the air, trying her best suppress a fit of relieved giggles. The time on her phone read 9:50 AM.

Without hesitation, Kit tucked her cellphone into her bra annoyed by the fact that her pajamas weren't made with pockets, and sprinted out of her room towards the elevator.

'I will NOT miss breakfast! I will NOT miss breakfast! I will NOT miss breakfast!' she repeated determinedly to herself.

She could see her disheveled reflection in the elevator doors and this time she didn't bother to suppress her laughter. Her hair was piled on her head in a wild pink glob and last nights mascara had smudged in the corner of her eyes. 'Yeah,' thought Kit with a lingering smile, 'I'm a complete mess!'

When the elevator doors slid open she nearly tripped over her own feet trying to get to the restaurant.

Soon enough, she was balancing two plates piled high with food and dangling two extra bacon strips between her lips. She took the seat closest to her, not worrying how crazy she must look with her obsessive amount of food and Totoro pajama's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mila walked briskly towards the restaurant. After tiredly unpacking and settling in, along with roaming around the hotel for an hour, she had fallen into a sleep that was a few hours short of a coma. She had woken up at 9:30, groaned, and convinced herself to wake up for breakfast. She had hurriedly done the usual morning routine, and put on a high waisted navy blue skirt that clung to her mid-thighs and a yellow blouse (X). Her hair was tied in a practical ponytail, strands falling to frame her face. Her sharp green eyes were as piercing and calculating as ever. She had checked the time on her phone and put it into her skirt pocket before the elevator had opened precisely to the floor she wanted it to. 9:55 AM. She still had time.

The petite girl felt threatened by the people who were clustered in tables, the people who were way taller than she was.
This would be a good time to make a friend or two while I'm here, she reasoned. Besides, sitting by myself would be so boring. A hint of self assurance flickered in her eyes before she approached the person who she deemed most interesting. She disliked boring people, disliked people with dull ways of talking, which was sort of hypocritical since she wasn't exactly the most interesting.

A girl with pink hair, a mess with Totoro pajamas and a bunch of food was sitting at an empty table (Kit).
I like her, Mila concurred, amused. She approached her, not a hint of hesitation in her step. "Nice pajamas," Mila started. If someone else had said it, it might have seemed mean or mocking, but the petite girl had no intention of being sarcastic and her voice was completely innocently honest. "I tried to get a set off of Ebay, but couldn't find a decent seller." She paused for a moment, letting her eyes glance over to the empty table and chairs. "Mind if I sit with you?"

"Hu- hu-hu...."

Then sun was beating down viciously on the desert this morning. It was about 10 am now... was it? Dante checked his watch to make sure, while breathing through gasps. He was so thirsty.... his found had run out... but how? How long had he been out there? What happened? Why couldnt he remember? He just remembered that whenever he kept trying to walk away, the hotel was always near. It was some illusion or magic, dante didnt know but at this moment he's ready to submit and walk in the direction of the hotel entrance.

He smacked his parched, cracked lips. The sandy winds blew on his dry back, now no longer being able to sweat. He was on his knees, and looked at his shadow through his ray bans before struggling to get up. He was definitely more tan than he had been before that was a plus. He took a step over the curb that separated the desert from the narrow road and parking lot... As he trudged in slowly he sang... it had been playing his head non stop since entering the desert... "Come on down to the hotel california..."

He walked in for a couple steps but then stopped. He smelled it. Oh sweet holy nectar. Food! Breakfast! He quickly grabbed his case and rolled it at Kits table, forgetting his manners and heading directly to the buffet. He mustve looked insane. A big, tan cave man with a shirt hang over his head. He quickly requested 2 omelettes to be made as he stacked his plate with waffles, pancakes, fruits, potatoes, sausages, and bacon. He sat down next to Kira, not noticing mila, and breathed.... "Self control.... AARRRGHH" He began scarfing down his fooood.

With nothing to lose, Romeo ran at full pace, in order to flee his pursuers. In order to flee his past. He noticed a hotel as he was running by. Hotel California? he thought. Sure... Why not? He peeked in, well aware that his hunters had lost him, and looked around. He was confronted by a grand lobby, decorated with pillars, plants and a central stage. He strode over to the desk and explained his need for somewhere to stay. He was soon shown to his room, his overnight bag over his shoulder. When he got in, he cast a side his back and admired his surroundings in awe. He noticed a form on the couch, he skimmed through it, then turned to ask what it was but the man who had shown him up was gone. He filled out the questions, without giving too much away. Once he had completed this mysterious form, it got even weirder. He placed it down; back where it was, but when he looked back, it had disappeared.

Romeo unpacked his bag and fixed himself up. He had a shower and then got into his casual, yet smart, clothes; including his favourite jacket. Once he was sure that he was done, he pocketed his phone and pocket watch and advanced out of the door, locking it behind himself. He proceeded down the stairs, to the restaurant near the pool. When he got in, he noticed that there were quite a few other guests, even though the evening was still shy. He sat himself down at a table in the far corner of the restaurant, next to a window displaying the pool outside, and awaited the waitress to take his order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back