• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hotel California

Laying on hot sand with torn clothes, Brandon lifted his sunburned hand to block the harsh sun so he could scour his memories for useful information. He remembers traveling with some friends to California for the summer. A vivid scene consumes his attention and reveals what had happened to him. In a dark alley of a strange town, he was beaten and abducting for witnessing a drug deal. Brandon was alone walking back from the grocery store to get some cheap ramen for him and his friends. The abductors beat him unconscious and dropped him in the middle of a desert. "Harsh" he rasped with his dry throat. Stumbling to his feet, Brandon looks to the horizons for a destination to limp to. A tall structure grabs at him from the far right. 'Strange' he thought in a daze. Putting aside the possibility of a mirage, he shuffled over to the hotel with all his strength.

Brandon had finally reached the door. Gasping for air, he kept inviting the hot and dry gases into his throat. 'As long as I get inside I can escape this hell' echoed in his head as his body fell against the door and collapsed on the lobby floor. A final thought occurred before he blacked out 'this floor is.. pristine.'

Tskuni

Giggling, Tskuni tossed his hair. "What can I say? Two charming men like us are hard to ignore." He chuckled, sounding quite a bit like Tai. 'Shoot, was I supposed to wake him up?' He thought, pursing his lips in thought for just a second. "Tai's still sleeping. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wake him up..." He said, sticking his tongue out slightly. "He chugged a glass of vodka and vanilla cream to make him fall asleep, so I don't think he's waking up soon. Should I go wake him up?" He said, tilting his head.

Ari looked at him. "Yes." She said. Even though it might hurt, it was 10. He needed to get up sometime. She looked at Tskuni. "Dump a bucket of ice water on his head. It works really well." She said, snickering a bit. She had done that to her siblings when she was put in charge because they said she had no authority. That changed the next morning.

Kira looks over at Dante as he sits down next to her, raising an eyebrow curiously as he scarfs down his food. She casually sips her mimosa. "And a good morning to you. Somebody's rather hungry this morning...." She says a small chuckle escaping her lips. She glances around as the restaurant started to gain more people. She noticed a few people who must of just arrived or who she just hadn't seen yet. She looks over at Dante's plate and uses her fork to steal a piece of fruit. off of it

Last edited by a moderator:
After settling into their large room, the Colonel and Ayumi made their way back to the eatery.

The Colonel slid in with a flourish, much to his own enjoyment, and gestured for Ayumi to procure snacks for them.

Ayumi nodded before going for the food, the Colonel smirked as his assistant did her job dutifully.

He then made his way to an empty table to wait for her, all the while taking pictures of random things with his golden phone.

Tired beyond belief, Romeo stumbled across his room and set aside his clothes. He hopped into the shower and then got ready for the day. Once he had slipped into his jacket, he proceeded out of the door, and down to his now favourite poolside restaurant. He sat himself down by the window again, and then signaled to the waitress. He ordered his breakfast and then sat in wait. He looked around, and saw many other guests socializing. He missed society. And friends. He felt lonely. He turned away, towards the pool, and looked at the families out for an early morning swim.

Dante looked up wildly with his mouth stuffed. It was the beautiful red head, Kira. Quickly he gulped down some water to wash down the food and sat up straight. He mustve looked like crap... or smelled like it at least. He wreally didnt want Kira to see him like this. He actually was very impressed, and liked her. "Umm....." Dante said standing up from his chair. "Excuse me... gonna wash up." Looking sandy, and grimy, Dante began walking to his room, of course not leaving his food behind. He needed to shower and brush. Plus he shouldnt be binging on food. Thats never good. He'll eat some trail mix and then go to the gym after getting clean.

Kira raises an eyebrow as he looked over at her. She was half hoping he'd share his story with her, it seemed like an interesting one, to be looking that rough. She watches as he made an exit and just shook her head, he seemed to be having a hell of a vacation. She finishes her mimosa before grabbing another and heads to the pool, deciding to enjoy the warm desert air. She also decided to avoid hang overs the duration of the vacation with mimosas and vodka, what else could I girl need? She sets herself up on a lounge chair under an umbrella, she had no intention of tanning, after all, she fried rather than tanned anyways. She slips on her sunglasses before opening her book that she brought with her, "The Fox and the Hound" reading it for the upteenth time.

Tskuni chuckled, "I think he'd kill me if I did. Plus, this hotel's really fancy." He picked up Bubbles from the table, where she had slowly started to crawl towards Ari. "Be right back!" He chirped, putting the fuzzy arachnid on his head and bouncing out of the restaurant. When he got to his room, he quietly put Bubbles in her habitat and ran to Tai's bed. He climbed onto the bed and began to jump around "WAKE UP TAI! IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST!" He shouted, bouncing on Tai.

"Ughh, you little turd, I was still sleeping!" Tai grumbled groggily as he sat up and tackled Tskun to the bed, pinning him down until he squealed 'uncle'. "What time is it?" He sighed, finally letting him up.

"Ten. Breakfast is going to be over soon." Tskuni said, rubbing his arm in resentment. "Ari said I should wake you up."

With a long sigh, Tai sat up and started towards the door. He didn't bother to change since he was still in the same clothes as yesterday. "Well, come on. Let's go to meet Ari." He said, taking Tskuni's hand after he had gotten Bubbles back out of her habitat.

Ari laughed as she saw Tai's face. He looked more like grumpy cat that a person. She continued laughing at him, bending over as she was attacked with the laughter plague. When she had finally regained her composure, she looked at him. "Morning sunshine. How did you sleep?" She asked. He looked like a disheveled father to his cheery kid.

Tai scowled at Ari and stuck out his tongue. "What are you laughing at?" He grumbled. "I slept like the dead, and was doing so when you told Tskuni to wake me up by jumping all over me." He said, taking a seat with a sigh. "You have a hangover?" He asked, remembering how sick a glass of pink champagne made her with a chuckle.

Meanwhile, Tskuni went to fill a plate with the last of the breakfast buffet. He grumbled about how much Tai had freaked about him waking him up. After all, he just wanted to make sure Tai would be able to have breakfast.

"Be happy that he only jumped on you. I told him to dump a bucket of ice water on your head." Ari said, smirking at him. She sipped her mimosa. "I do, but it's better." She said. She looked at him, still smirking. "People who have never even gotten close to alcohol would know that your first glass makes you drunk." She said.

Brandon's eyes fluttered and gradually adjusted to the light in the hotel. The cool air greeted his face and escaped out into the desert. He looked over his shoulder at his feet and saw that he had wedged his left ankle in the doorway. Brandon's stomach was still sore from the beating and the nap he just had didn't help. Propping himself up on his right elbow, he moved his foot out of the door's grip. 'I should see if I can stay for a night' Brandon thought as he stood up and walked over to the receptionist desk. The extravagant interior was hardly noticed by his weakened perception. He stopped at the desk and scanned the surroundings for the hotel's staff. After not seeing any staff, Brandon inquired "Hello?" and rang the small desk bell.

Sam looked around the restaurant. Ari had gotten up and was talking to two men, one of whom she assumed was Tai, the one she'd been talking about earlier. She looked around some more and saw two girls sitting with each other, one petite girl with a fairly preppy feeling about her, and another with crazy bright pink hair. She was about to put her headphones on and walk out when she saw a man by the pool. He looked tough, like he had a lot going on, but somehow, she thought she saw a glimpse of loneliness. She knew that feeling. Sam considered going up and saying a few words to him, but decided against it and simply put her dishes away and walked out of the restaurant with her music pulsing softly.

Dante was normal once again. He put on some blue, thigh length running shorts, a white tank, and running shoes. He only brought the shirt for weightlifting but if was his choice hed be shirtless the whoooole damn time. He made sure the door to his suit closed behind him and began walking down the hall. The gym was a couple doors down from the hotel restaurant so he noticed a cute blonde, Sam, walking out of it. She was listening to music though... through those big ass head phones too. Talk about anti social. He slowed his pace to keep peeking at her though before reaching the gym door.

After getting too hot, Kira set her book to the table beside her before making her way over to the pool. It was still relatively empty, just the way she liked it. She made her way over to the deep in, letting herself slowly submerge in the water. She thought about her trip here as she let herself float around, trying to decide when to leave. She had no desire to get back to "reality" anytime soon. Even if she wasn't very social, just this quiet time was ideal. She didn't want to have to go back just to worry about get a job and for whatever reason this place didn't feel like reality. Like some dream she was living in where time stopped, everything was almost too perfect about this hotel. But she had no reason to make a complaint about that, who complains about that kind of thing anyways?

After taking a stroll around the main areas of the hotel - or at least she thought they were the main parts (the hotel was so big it was sometimes hard to tell) - Sam returned to her room. On her way out of the restaurant, she'd noticed some guy attempting but failing horribly to sneak discreet glances at her, but she didn't turn around and give him a glance, the way she normally did when people looked at her when she wore her headphones. It just took too much energy, especially when there were other things to do, like figure out a layout for the hotel. As she took her headphones off and looked out the window, she was surprised at her view. She didn't think she would be able to see much, but her eyes met with the pool, part of the hotel entrance, what looked like a garden (in the middle of the desert?), and the beginnings of the dry desert. As she looked down at the pool, she could see a few guests and a girl with bright hair swimming. Sam wondered if she was the only one who thought that this hotel and what appeared to be the paradise surrounding it was a dream. Which, of course, made her feel slightly suspicious.

"I suppose you're right. I would've killed him if he poured water on me." Tai smirked, tossing his hair. Tskuni set down the plate that he had made for Tai, and sat quietly next to him, nodding at Tai's remark. "You can't blame it on me, I had tried to stop you." Tai chuckled, putting up his hands in defense. "But you would have none of it." He laughed, recalling the drunk Ari.

Ari huffed and crossed her arms. "Say's who?" She said. She raised and eyebrow at him. He was a weird kid, but he was also nice enough to not leave her drunk. She lowered her eyebrow and smiled at him. For once, she felt a bitt happier to be here. She didn't like the cop guy she had run into, he was a weirdo. She loved the food here too.

Ray,

Ray was sitting in the restaurant, while a girl was walking in. He tried to sneak some glances at her and of course he horribly failed and got caught. He wasn't a girls man anyways. She glanced back, took off her headphones and looked outside. He got up and walked towards her asking her if there still was a seat available for him.

@Silver Bell

Jossey set her bags on the soft bed, then pulled out her journal. She placed it inside the waist of her jeans, deciding to go look for something to eat. She was always hungry, especially at night. She grabbed her wallet from a carry on bag then turned to the doorway. As she opened the door to exit, her stomach growled. She chuckled at herself. Right, food. She started to hum to herself, not particularly watching her volume. She spotted an eating area with a few people scattered about. So it's not a ghost town. For a brief moment, she didn't want to walk into a place with people who had probably been there longer than she had. But it passed quickly, and she walked over to an open table. She set her journal down then looked around casually, taking in the people around her. Then she scanned the room quickly, observing the food from a distance. She'd hate to go up and end up not liking anything anyway. Maybe if you weren't so picky. She scolded herself many times for being a very picky eater. That may be the reason she's never gained too much weight. That and sweets repulsed her. Her eyes continued to wonder around the area for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back