• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hotel California

"Ah, thank you sir, but it is against policy to accept tips." Xavier held up his hands in a 'no thank you' gesture. "Knowing that you are enjoying your stay is quite enough reward." Of course, he still remembered when he used to accept tips. Back when he was new to the job, before he realized that money was useless to him. "And I assure you, as I have before, that your stay and all the hotel's amenities are entirely free of charge. However, if anything ever does become an issue, I will be the first to let you know." Xavier's left eye flashed gold for a fraction of a second, not long enough to provide any certainty as to whether it was real. "Anything else you needed?"

Dante squinted at him... did his eye just....

"Uh.. no thank you Mr. X.... think im ok now." Dante said. He wasnt getting anything out of this guy. He probably never would too...

He nodded to him as X walked away and stared at his wine in thought

Ava sniffled and looked up and the man at the end of the bar. "Oh I'm sorry I-I didn't notice you there." If Ava would've known someone else was here with her at the bar she wouldn't of cried. She never cried in front of anyone besides her twin brother Aiden. She blushed and turned to her drink "I feel kind of silly now." She whipped the tears and the running mascara from her face with the napkin the bar tender gave her. She sighed and took a drink from her coffee.

"Dont feel that why..." Dante said smiling at her. "You just checked in. Youre boyfriends not here. So it must be something like that. I get it." Dante said sipping his wine.

Ava spit alittle the mans remark. "W-what did you just say?" Ava was in shock. No one had ever referred to Aiden as her boyfriend. Everyone could tell that they were twins. But that was when they were growing up. Did they really look that different now? Ava regained her composer and cleared her throat. She chuckled alittle bit as she spoke "Aiden isn't my boyfriend, He's my twin brother." She smiled at the man as she drank her coffee

"Aahhhhh..." Dante felt stupid. He was usually so analytic when it came to people. He could figure them out. However he could never tell if similiar looking people were related or worse sometimes he mixed up totally different looking siblings. His dad had a twin and he would always call his dad Tio.

"I see." Dante laughed a bit. "Youre brother made you cry? You guys havent grown out of that?"

As he headed for the employee's elevator, Xavier felt thankful once again for having gotten the eye thing under control. It was among the strangest and most inconvenient of his acquisitions since becoming the manager. Questions like Dante's were much more difficult to avoid with an obviously unusual attribute such as changing eye color. It was very messy; fewer guests, more problems, the like. At least nobody seemed to notice much anymore and Celeste did a very good job of maintaining her pleasant attitude and iris hue. Himself, Xavier had no more of the ability in his right eye and it remained an enigmatic brown regardless of his mood. That was a tad strange in itself, however, as Xavier could've sworn his eyes were green when he took the job...

Shaking his head, Xavier pressed the top button of the elevator. It glided smoothly upward, playing some curious new-age mixed music. Huh, Xavier thought, I don't remember changing the music. Must've been one of the staff. He shook his head in slight disapproval and knocked softly on the elevator wall behind him. The music faded out and Canon in D began playing in its place. Xavier smiled with a slight nod at his own good taste.

Eventually, the elevator opened at the top floor with a ding and he stepped out. His mystery guest hadn't filled out the info card, but she would eventually. Besides, Xavier knew exactly which room she was in. He knelt down and placed her chosen room's key in front of the door, along with a small note written on an otherwise blank card: No need to steal. Signed simply with his first initial, X. A bit cheesy, perhaps, but it would incite her to be unafraid to venture out of her room. If she was clever enough to break into a hotel room unsuspected by anyone else, then she was certainly smart enough to figure out what the X stood for when Xavier introduced himself. And Xavier would be remiss to lose the chance to properly introduce himself.

Having set the note, he stood and straightened his suit. Xavier re-entered the elevator, allowing his eye shift into a golden hue on the way back down. Why not? There was nobody here to see.

@MoonChild

Sawyer Celen

Sawyer's eyes widened as Celeste opened the door. She really is something! He noticed her hair being slightly wet as she came to the door in a bikini. "Hey! You must be Celeste." The words came out purposefully sensual. Seeing Celeste, he definitely wanted to spend some time with her. "I'm Sawyer. I was just on my way to find some water but then this name plate caught my eye. You wouldn't happen to know somewhere to relax here would you?" His arms were folded together on his bare chest. He was of course in his speedo with nothing else but a towel over his arm and some sandals. From his view, all he could see was a normal room with steam coming from behind what seemed to be room dividers. As long as he found some way to spend some time with her, he was down for it. He remembered seeing another older guy walk in like nothing. If the two were together, he really wouldn't mind. He seemed like an attractive guy with a mysterious air to him. Sawyer wouldn't mind spending some time with him either. Everyone in this hotel is so interesting. The smile he was famous for was of course on his face accompanied by his blue eyes.

@suzumiya42 @gilwaybetternow

Sighing, Kieran entered the elevator and clicked as many buttons as possible. Maybe all of them. He didn't mind the idea of it getting stuck or suddenly dying in an elevator. The thought amused him though it shouldn't have. He inwardly scolded himself. Note to self: Try to keep thoughts to self. He hummed along with the elevator music as he noticed that despite all the stops he made, he finally made it to the top floor.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he looked around with wonder. It was a pretty place, much like the rest of the hotel. But again he didn't exactly feel comfortable in it, that was Kieran being himself.

"Where to..." he murmured as he looked around whilst he searched. The idea was a bad idea to begin with, he didn't know what suddenly made him want to string along with it.

He sighed as peered through a window. What a beautiful scenery. Where was his camera when he needed it?

Her unpacking was interrupted when she heard footsteps echoing off the hotel walls, pushing her belongings aside, she tiptoed to the door. She pressed her ear to the gelid surface of the door and listened to the tapping of shoes drift down the hallway. 'Good, they're walking away from "my room!"'

By the time she finished unpacking, her stomach was practically devouring itself. She grabbed the grey sweatshirt off the kitchenette counter and prepared herself for more sneaking around. As she exited the room, a golden flicker on the ground practically saved her from a "tragic" fall, she was too preoccupied with not being seen that she almost tripped over the rug. Angrily, Kit kicked the rug, sending it, and the key, down the hallway. Somewhere in the process of beating up the rug for making her trip and scrambling to find the key in the hallway, she had injured her ankle. 'Cursing, she crawled on the floor and hurriedly searched for the key. Why am I freaking out? It's just a key. Wait, why would someone give me a key!? Ugh.'

Finally, her fingers stroked the ridged edges of the key. There was a note attached to the base of the key, she hesitated only for a moment before unfolding the note; "No need to steal. -X"

'Great, now i'm going to have a reputation for stealing.'
She carefully tucked the note into her pocket and headed down to the lobby in search of food. It was a relief to not stress about being seen, things were certainly a lot easier now.

When she reached the lobby, she noticed ,with slight anxiety, that there were a few people hanging around the bar. She quickly tugged the hood of her jacket over her head, this was kind of an odd gesture for her. Shyness wasn't exactly her thing, but something about the atmosphere made her paranoid. 'Ha, maybe it's the fact that someone in this hotel knew exactly were I freaking was!' She knew she wasn't exactly discreet with her entrance, but she was certain that no one saw her enter her room.

She approached the front desk and dangled the note in front of the the golden eyed employee, with her eyebrows raised in wonder.

@Cookie

Xavier blinked once before looking up. His eye reverted back to its original color and he cursed himself for forgetting to manage it after stepping off the elevator. Nonetheless, he resumed a calm demeanor.

Ah, so this was the mystery guest. It was nice to finally get an up-close look. Of course, she wouldn't be hard to miss what with the pink hair. She held her new keys up in front of him quizzically. Xavier cleared his throat. "Problem with the keys, miss? I can check if we have a spare." He was playing innocent; she would figure that out soon enough. As long as she didn't make a scene about it, there wouldn't be a problem. And if the hooded jacket made any distinction on her appearance it was that she wanted to go unnoticed.

He watched as a girl in a hoodie made her way nervously to the front desk, where mr.x stood. They exchanged words, but Dante couldnt tell what. But it seemed like by the way Mr. X was dangling those keys, it was really sarcastic. Probably a rude guest. Dante wanted to see the girls face but dammit the hoodie was in the way. He was pretty sure she had pink hair though... nice legs too.

He continued glancing over his shoulder, hoping not to seem rude to Ava

Kit huffed out a defeated sigh, deciding not to delve further into the topic. If he truly didn't know about her sneaking into the hotel, which she doubted, it was best that she not bring it up. Then something ignited in her memory; the letter had been signed by "X".

Putting on her most pleasant face, Kit pretended to be genuinely interested in this man. "May I ask what your name is?", she inquired, flashing her signature smile.

Xavier feigned a puzzled look at her sudden change of interest. She was quite pretty when smiling. "Oh, how rude of me. My name is Xavier." He smiled innocently, indicating his nametag. "I am the hotel's manager and you may come to me with any questions or concerns you have." He waited a moment before continuing, watching the girl's face for realization. "I don't believe I've received your guest form. If you have a free moment, would you please fill it out? It should be in your room, which I trust is to your liking?" Xavier gave a fleeting grin, amused by his own cleverness. Ah, stop messing around, he reminded himself, you don't want your eye to do something weird again. "And what might I call you in the meantime?"

Something about his smile made her feel like her interests were a little bit more genuine than she meant for them to be. Kit, realizing the information he'd just given her, broke out into a sly smile. 'Xavier starts with X and the letter was signed by X! I doubt there are to many other people in this hotel who's names start with X.' Suddenly flustered with herself, she realized how foolish she probably looked. She quickly shook the incredulous look off her face and regained her composure.

"Yes, I quite like my rooms." She said, not bothering to mask her hints of annoyance. "Oh, and you may address me by 'Your Majesty' in the mean time."

She left him a wink and headed over to the bar to order a drink before going back to her room.

@BrownBear1

@Cookie

Last edited by a moderator:
Xavier would have normally been annoyed by the snide comment, but he'd merited that one for sure. There were a dozen more practical ways to handle her entrance and yet he'd had his fun. It was important to relax once in a while; Xavier certainly didn't want to turn on someone needlessly because the stress of the job was getting to him. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. Her Majesty was certainly one to keep an eye on in the future, for better or for worse.

The fun was over now, though. Xavier replaced his glasses on his face and updated the guest register for hopefully the final time that night.

Dante looked over at Kit and smiled. She was very attractive. A good height for a girl. The pink hair matched. She had a wild look to her he liked. He smiled at her. "Howre ya doing tonight? Everything alright?" H asked

Kira gives the cat a quick scratch to the head before bidding Nick a goodnight and hopes he has a decent stay. She looks over at Kit curiously as she has a discussion with the hotel manager before continuing her way to the restaurant, seeing it closed she sighs a little frustratedly. It was pretty late so what was she expecting? She glances over towards the bar wondering if they had bar food, pretzels, peanuts, something along those lines. She knew she should've stopped at that gas station for chips, or at least rationed her snacks out better. She makes her way to the bar, giving a simple nod to Dante, but that was the only acknowledgement she gave other than that. She had her fun with him and wanted to see what else this hotel had to offer, not that she'd object to another rendezvous. She leans on a bar stool at on the other side of the bar as to where everyone else was. She gets the bar tender's attention and manages to score some pretzels and at learning the drinks were free, snags herself a vodka soda as well. She sinks down on the bar stool, deciding to people watch for the time being while she at her pretzels. Not ready to hole herself up in her room just yet. Her gaze falls on Ava, looking her over. She definitely seemed to be a rare beauty, dark hair and blue eyes wasn't a common find. Her face seemed slightly puffy and red, was she recently crying? It didn't seem like it'd be the alcohol since she was drinking a coffee. She realizes she let her gaze linger a little too long for a social norm and turns her attention back towards Kit as she made her way to the bar as well.

With a hopeless sigh, Kit pulled off her hood and took a swig from the vodka coke she had ordered. That's when she noticed the stunning redhead that was approached the bar. She looked up just in time to see Kira nod in Dante's direction, she also noticed Kira's eyes lingering on Ava, who was seated on the other side of Dante. Kit rolled her eyes, 'Great, he seems to be pretty comfortable with the ladies.'

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just a little tired," She answered Dante. She nodded towards Kira, welcoming her to takeover the conversation.

Kira was admiring Kit's pink hair, it definitely suited her. Red hair was pointless to dye unless bleached first. She had been told several times it'd be a seen to dye her hair, especially since it may not come back the same shade afterwards. She tried the wash out stuff when she was younger but it just looks silly in red hair, so she never bothers with it. She's pretty low maintenance when it comes to her hair nowadays. She watches as Kit orders a vodka coke and couldn't help but smile a little, anyone who liked vodka was ok in her book. She raises an eyebrow towards Kit as she nods in her direction, she didn't really have any desire to speak but alas she had been most notably noticed. "Excellent choice in drink and nice hair" She calls to Kit, in no way was she being sarcastic, she meant it. She eats another pretzel before taking a sip of her vodka.

Dante aknowledged kira with a smile. He also simply smiled and nodded at Kit, now that kira was talking. He focused his attention on Ava once more, but keeping his ears on the women.

For most.... this would be an awkward situation. But Dante found that moments like these made for great stories. There was the beautiful red headed phoenix he interacted with earlier, He was about to let this angel vent on him, meanwhile he introduced himself to the pink haired Valkyrie, though not formally. He laughed to himself on the inside.

In a way these situations were like sticky situations he loved to get himself into sometimes. Just to see how he could pull it off. If he lost then he lost. Sometimes he had to be careful though. Some losses were fatal, as evidence when he first arrived here. He had to pull a bullet from his luggage bag. Plus he was extremely dirty, so he must have walked through the desert for sometime.

"Oh crap my car." He suddenly remembered something for the first time since his arrival. "I know where it is.... daaaamn...."

Walter raised his head towards the man joining him in the hot tub. He looked like a nice fellow, not the kind that would treat Walter harshly. Good, because he was already on his edge today. People were upsetting him for no reason at all, was there something on him that could just bring up the bad side on people. He chose not to think about that. The tub was surely relaxing, it was making wonders to him. Maybe he should talk to the guy next to him. Weird day, he was actually feeling like talking to somebody... Well, it must be healthier than what I'm doing now. He turned towards the blue eyed boy. "Hey... man. Liking the hotel so far?". God, he was awful at this.

@mauvexkitteh

Kit turned her head towards Dante, there was a quick flash of distress on his face before it turned back into it's usual unreadable structure. "What?" She asked, uninteresting. She only asked because it seemed like the humanly thing to do.

She turned back towards kit with a lazy grin on her face, "As to you. Your hair in captivating. Ah, and I see I've found a fellow vodka fanatic. Well, i'm assuming your a fanatic, because vodka is kinda easy to get hooked on."

It was becoming easy to fake interest in conversation with this girl, or maybe she wasn't faking it. Kit wasn't exactly used to having pleasant conversations, but she decided if it wasn't horribly uncomfortable, then she should just go with it.

"Nothing. Just forgot my car needed gas. I remembered a gas station on the way here is all." Dante lied smiling to her. He really didnt mean to say his thoughts out loud. He found it hard to be honest when it came to little details with people he noticed. But those details counted.

Kira eyes Dante curiously for a moment, not able to hear anything he was muttering about from across the bar. She turns her attention back to Kit and grabs her bowl of pretzels and drink and goes to sit next to her at the bar. She was here at a bar, she may as well be social right? Maybe it'd do her some good. "Pretzel?" She offers her bowl. "Thank you. That's one I've not heard, captivating" She pauses with a smile at that thought before speaking again about the vodka "It's about damn near the only thing drink, vodka and soda water. I see you prefer coke"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back