• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

nesss

Welcome, fellow Shameless-obsessors!

For awhile now I've been itching to write within the series and I'm looking for someone to play Lip Gallagher, as well as share the other characters in the show. However we split them, be it assigned roles or open responsibility is fine with me, we can discuss that later! I actually have an OC that I'd love to bring into the story, Jannie, who I ship with Lip -- and likewise, I am willing to double-ship! I will note that I am a tad uneasy with canon characters so my comfort is a bit selective, but I'm definitely willing to hash things out to assure that the roleplay is enjoyable for the both of us!

I'm really hoping to find somebody who will not only help bring the story to life, but will also cherish both original and canon characters. Development and depth is super important to me and is what initially drew me to Shameless, so my goal is to recreate that same atmosphere of growth and realism. Another key factor is properly portraying a character's personality, an example being Lip's sharp, sarcastic quips and sometimes cruel remarks, but also capturing the essence of his deep-rooted reflections and thought process. But, I'll digress for now and delve into the details!
Personally, I'm literate, my replies are multi-para(+), and I use third person. I'm looking for a partner(18+) who can match my writing, someone who will immerse themselves in the story alongside me and share my eagerness for the plot. I have a tendency of fangirling into the night and would love for a partner who'll join my little bubble of dwindling sanity!

Now, Jannie.
First and foremost I want to make it clear that she can be quite the heavy character. Shameless is home to many real-life tragedies even if they're often only portrayed briefly, and Jannie has a lot of similar baggage that may be triggering to some - but again, we can discuss that later if you have any concerns. She is a very dear character to me, I absolutely adore her. A vital part of her development is reeling back from her headstrong nature and facing her traumas head-on, ideally with the gradually-gained support of varying members of the Shameless crew. As of right now I've wiggled her into mid 3rd-4th season, but if you have any preferences please speak up as it's plenty possible to work out her entrance elsewhere! I have also moved a few things around, and in plotting would like to discuss the direction of the story, so I'm looking for someone who has finished the 4th season or is actively watching the show! Of course, either way I'll be careful with spoilers, just let me know!

Continuing, Janan Abrielle Bien-Aimés.
Jannie is the embodiment of tragedy, armed with a bite that you might want to get checked out. Despite the sweet beginnings that escape her now, she is burdened by the weight of too many numbed traumas and in turn enjoys burdening others. She survives by favors, continuing to run herself rampant as she struggles to keep her 'family' of five afloat. With the distress of her consistent misfortune, Jannie's cruel behavior is not a façade. She has completely gouged out her core -- and with it any remnants of humanity and hope, all that's left now is her sarcastic jabs, vile temper, and the vertigo she can never escape. She is but a scattered shell of who she once was. "In order to relieve the rot, she buried the blossom."

I encourage you to reach out -- Jannie might bite, but I don't!
I've had quite a few unsuccessful attempts at finding writers interested in the fandom, so hopefully you're the one!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back