• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

Xander waited for Karma to make his move. He did all he could, he had no Idea how Demons operated, if you could tell if they were possessing someone or not. so he hoped that being open and honest was was enough. he felt himself relax when Karma stoped glaring at him with such hatret, Anxiety taking over instead. At the Snap, Xander flinched, and closed his eyes, unsur ewhat to even expect. the sound of a sword hitting the floor make him jolt, and he looked up as Karma got up and off of him only to pace the room. His head and heart were both pounding in anxiety, fear, and relief. He simply laid down on the bed, not moving as Karma continued, anxiety building up in the Angel.

He started to sit up, but as the angel continued to pace, his wings kept knocking things over, and he flinched at every loud noise that was made. the Loud 'Fuck' at the end made him want to curl into a ball. This was probably just a panic attack, he's fine. He was just overwhelmed. He tried to breath, but the pressing feeling in his chest was preventing him from actually feeling like he could. Yep, panic attack. he gripped his bedsheets with one hand, gripping his top with his other as he tried to force himself to breathe evenly. He tried to remember what his mother said, regulating your breathing, focusing on something and trying to calm down was what he needed to do. But actually doing that was hard, and he felt tears prick up again. This time, they spilled over without his consent. Damn emotions to hell. He didn't mind crying, he just didn't like crying when having a panic attack, he felt way more drained after, and it always took him the day to recover.

When Karma finally looked at him and appologised, he smiled, shakily, Panic slightly abating but still overwhelmed. "It's okay. Sort of expected you to kill me or use holy water on me, so the fact that you aint using both is a positive in my book." He said, simply just trying to get the words out. "Uhh, still overwheling though. I'll be okay." He got out, letting the fact that Karma wasn't going to hurt him help calm him down. He knew Karma wouldn't hurt him, and he understanding that Karma was doing what he was taught, what he was brought up to do. Still didn't stop the minute fear that Karma was going to do something.

Once he felt sufficently calmed enough to properly contribute to the conversation, he shook his head. "He knows who I am, but I'm not sure about you. I didn't realise who you were but I'm a dumbass who had to literally see your wings." Xander chuckled awkwardly. He sat cross-legged on the bed. "You're not the only one who can do things, Karma. You're not the only one who can use a weapon." He said, summoning a sword. it was black with dark-red cracks through out it, as though it was coal casted into the shape of a sword. "I can also manifest my horns and wings but its easier in the Dark. I was able to physically manifest them last night which is new." He said, and he banished the sword. "Just so you know, I'm very willing in fighting another Demon. Not sure if thats normal, but two on one should be easy enough, right?" He asked, awkwardly.

"Besides, I don't think I was that big before I bacame me. I have no Idea how demons work or opperate, but if I was someone big, I'd already have people on my door-stop right?" he asked, and logically, that made sense to him. If he was higher-ranked, he was either banished nad thus wanted dead. Or he left, but he remembered feeling upset? So he didn't think he'd leave on purpose. He could be wrong though.

care_less care_less

Karma had been so caught up in his own fears that he had almost completely forgotten about Xander himself. His head turned sharply at the sound of the other's cries, and he felt his own heart sink. What was he doing? How could he be so reckless to be ignorant on how his break in character could affect Xander? He was being selfish in worrying was would happen to himself. Who cares if it would inconvenient to the angel? Xander was his world now, and he could not have him in any sort of pain. Especially if Karma was the one who hurt him. "Hey, it's okay," he says as he lowered his voice. Xander's flinching and tears made his heart ache, so he tried to calm the other down by making himself seem softer. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I'm not mad at you, I just acted out is all." Karma did not know what to do. He was never good with any emotional situations. Usually Xander was the one grounding him with this sort of thing, not the other way around. He thought for a moment, and tried to think back to what Xander would do.

That's when the memory of last night came to mind.

Remembering how much his hug had calmed him down (though he hated to admit it), he decided to do the same. Crouching down in front of the male, he placed his right hand on the posterior of Xander's head and guided it to the crook of his neck. Using his other arm to wrap around his waist and into a hug. "It's okay," he says peacefully. "I'm here, okay? I'm not going anywhere." He waited patiently for the demon to come down from his hysteria. Not breaking their hug for even a second until Xander was stable enough to start talking again. When he spoke, he gave him a small smile as he placed his hand on top of the other's head. "Hey man, it's alright. Take a moment to just breathe, you hear? As far as I know, no one's tearing us apart right now. Again, I just overreacted. I should have woken you up first and talked to you civilly. That was my fault." Karma's guilt leaked through when he gave him a weak smile. He felt terrible for being so brash towards him. It was not something he would have done if he would have just allowed himself to experience emotions for what they were like Xander had warned him, and not push them away like he had done. "I'm sorry, Xander. I won't let that happen again."

Hearing Xander say that the demon next door did not yet know about Karma gave the angel a small bit of relief. It was good to have the upper hand in that perspective, but he still did not like the idea of Xander to exterminate the demon just yet. Karma doubted that Eric's demon was the only demon in the area, and having either Xander or himself kill it off would only make the other surrounding demons know that there was threat among them. He did not want the information of their partnership or guardianship of Bella to spread amongst the enemy. "I believe you, which is why we can't kill him yet." Karma said, his pointer finger curled over his upper lip as his thumb held up his chin. "That demon cannot be the only one. I'm guessing that if Eric was just recently possessed, it's because someone knew that I had left the house, which leaves Bella temporarily unguarded. So I'm eighty percent sure that either one, or both of my parents are also being possessed. My father was angry last night, which left him vulnerable to other demons. I suspect he is the one controlling the whole thing. We just need a plan to get Bella out of there without kidnapping her, or getting other humans or demons involved."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

As much as he hated himself for doing it, invoulentarily, he flinched when Karma came closer, but let himself be pulled into a hug. A Hug! From Karma! Willingly! He was frozen for a moment, until Karma started talking, and he slowly moved, hugging back. he let himself cry, not holding back. He wasn't a loud crier, an ugly crier yes, but he wasn't loud. He was actually rather quiet, the only sounds he made were sniffles and very quiet choked sounds where the back of his throat would refuse to make noise. He did finally calm down, feeling drained, exhausted and just tired, but a lot better. It was a scary situation, he was allowed to be scared and cry. He hummed at the hand on his head, and listened to Karmas voice. He sounded calm and stable, and he latched onto that. "No, I understand why you did what you did. You were brought up in a really tight situation, living with your human parents, and being taught by Angels. So I'm not suprrised you did what you did, its just... kind of a shock. Ya know?" He asked, unsure if he explained it correctly.

at the appology, Xander laughed, although is was a small one, not the loud, boistrous laugh he's normally did. "You better not. You had this look of... absolute hatred and disgust. I've seen you angry, and Angry Karma is scary. but I know you don't hate me, you're just upset. But... for a moment, you truely looked like you hated me... and that scared me. I don't think I could live in a world if Karma hated me." He said, looking down. He leaned back onto Karma's shoulder, taking in the comfort of knowing his best friend didn't hate him. He would rather die than have Karma hate him, full stop. Which was why he was willing to let Karma kill him, because then at least it was by Karma's hands.

Despite his breakdown, they still had a situation on their hands, and that required mental capacity. He inhaled and exhaled, steeling himself. He didn't leave the comfort of Karma's hug, taking in the hug for as long as possible, until Karma deigned that he wanted to stop. His brain through of many quick or easily-done situations that could work, but would also either make it very complictaed or bring about more attention. Which meant they had to play the long-con, the 'wait patiently' game. And fuck did he hate that game. "Getting Bella out of there without getting anyone involved is goign to be basically impossible, because unless she runs away, she isn't getting out of that house." He said, and then an Idea sparked. "Oh, I still have the key to your house, which is how I got in by the way. I can go back, leave a note in her bedroom while everyone is out, and basically tell her that if it gets too much, just to come over. It gets her out of the house and you can say you're busy with work while I look after her. Or I can take care of whoever while you look after her. " He suggested.

Granted, it wasn't the best plan, but it was the start of one. It was better than nothing, and while he wouldn't break into a house normally, he didn't mind using a key he's had for 5 or so years to go into a house at night to leave his pseudo-sister a note. And if he was able to meet the demon again? Well, he'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

care_less care_less

He tried his best not to rush him. Karma could only imagine how traumatic this whole thing was for him. He was supposed to be someone Xander could trust, and he nearly broke it by threatening his life. This was going to eat away at probably the two of them for a while, but Karma was willing to work through it. They had been friends for almost their (or more like Karma's) entire lives. There was no way Karma was going to risk anything cut between them. Even if it meant killing one of his brother or sister angels and caused him to fall from heaven. As he hugged Xander in silence, he swore that this was the last time he would let anything hurt him again. He knew that Xander was completely capable of looking out for himself, but he did not ever want Xander to get this upset ever again. Even if it was the last thing he did. "That does not make it an excuse," he murmured back to Xander. Playing with his amber hair while they hugged, just as Xander had done the day before.

'I won't let it happen again. I promise."

Hearing the demon describe Karma's behavior made him feel crummy, and almost disgusted by himself. It was another taught behavior from his training with the other angels. Angels themselves were not emotional creatures. Despite common beliefs, they were quick to act, and were numb to any action that might make themselves seem terrible if it meant completing the job. Karma had let that side show. He was not a very happy person when it came to fighting an enemy, or being away from Xander in general. He was cold and austere, especially when it meant threatening someone else's life. It was a tactic used to struck fear into the enemy, but he had never meant to use it towards his best friend. "I can never hate you," he said as he pulled himself away, just so he could look the other straight in the eye to show him how serious he was. "You can annoy me sometimes, sure, but I could never hate you. I thought something else was inside of you, and I thought it could hurt you. Most demons don't necessarily care about what they do to the host, and I was afraid that something was there to torment you or put you in pain. I hated the thought of that. That's why I was angry. It was never targeted towards you."

His mind moved quickly as he thought of the best way the two could protect Bella. If he were a computer, you would probably be able to hear fans blowing quickly onto the motor from how hard his brain was working. That's when he had an idea. Or, at least, multiple ideas. "What if I just tell her the truth? She still believes unicorns and pixies are real. It shouldn't take much for us to convince her to come with us. Then, while I take her out, you can kill the demons and fake the family's death. I can make a fake body for Bella and I so it looks like we were all murdered, so it can get rid of any human suspicion when we leave?" he suggested. However when he said it aloud, he realized how complicated it had sounded, and rubbed the back of his neck. "That would mean that if either of my human parents are not possessed, either you are me would have to kill them in order to make the story work." Karma spoke with little to no empathy. He did not seem the slightest bit bothered to kill off his family if it meant keeping the mission in order.

As Karma hugged him, Xander could feel the tension seep out of him. And he could read Karma's bodylanguage, that he truely felt bad. A darker, probably his more demonic, side of him had the thought that he was easily manipulated like this, but the logical side of him that actually felt feelings shut that thought down. Never in a million years would he manipulate his friend. Unless there was a good reason, he refused to follow through with that thought. He might be a Demon but he was a Demon with standards and a best friend he wasn't going to take advangate of. As Karma hugged him and promised that this wont happen again, Xander couldn't help but smile. "I know. You always keep your promises. I trust you." He said murmured back, a hand reaching up and around to cup the back of the others neck.

He trusted Karma with his life after all, and he's pretty sure he showed that in his willing-ness to die if it was by Karma.

Xander felt himself be pushed away from the hug, but the steady eyecontact prevented him from complaining. At the explanation, he felt himself tear up, but he had a smile on his face. "Thank you for caring, Karma." He said, lifting a hand to Karmas cheek, smiling softly. "I believe you whole-heartedly. So all is forgiven, yeah?" He asked, eyes soft and full of adoration. Karma needed assurance as much as he did right now, and he was determined to give it. Karma hated something that he thought was in him, not actually him. He hated the Demon he thought he was, not the Demon he knew wasn't a Demon. The knowledge did calm him way down, and he now just felt tired. Oh how he wished he could just kiss his best friend. Ruin their friendship and be something much better in his opinion. but he cared more for the friendship he had with the Angel to do anything.

"While thats not a bad Idea, that requires moving house. And that means getting my parents involved because what the hell as I going to do with this one. it also means Bella leaving everythign else behind, and you two changing your whole Identities since you're supposed to be dead." Xander said, pointing out some flaws in the idea. "Again, not a bad Idea. We can even branch off of the idea of it, but maybe not completely. I wouldn't mind moving house, but I'm looking after the house for my parents and they wont be back for another month. I can call them to get them back quicker, but they're having fun and I'd rather not interrupt that." Xander added. "I do like the thought of explaining the whole thing to Bella, since this does concern her. Maybe we can take what bella thinks into account. We can think ahead more in depth when all the characters are together, rather than apart." Xander suggested. Bella was playing a big role in this, whether she wanted to or not, so he didn't like the idea of planning so much without her imput. Children arn't as stupid as adults are led to believe, and can come up with soem amazing Ideas.

"Wont lie, willing to apsolutely murder your father and brother. I'd rather not kill your mum, she's a nice lady, but I wont hesitate." He shrugged. "Never killedd anyone before, but I Morals were always ambiguous at best so I'm down." He said, surprisingly calm with the thought of murdering his friends family. Eric was always a dick, even when they were younger, and he only got worse with time. And Karmas Father was always the angry one, upset over the smallest thing. Karmas mother was a lot nicer, he noticed that no mattter what abuse the Father gave, she tried to even it out with kindness. She wouldn't fight or stand up against him, but she wasn't a bad person.

care_less care_less

Although Karma was more than relieved to hear that Xander had forgiven him, he did not feel any better. The look of fear on his face when he had grabbed his neck and pressed the blade against his throat replayed in the back of his mind. It reminded him that he had failed Xander in protecting him. In all honesty, a part of him wanted to kill him. For he knew that if any other angel had found out that Xander was indeed, not human, they would not be as merciful as Karma was. It probably would have been better to kill his friend before someone else down the line would make him suffer. But Karma tried to pretend as if that was not a thought of his at all. It was shameful to think of doing something so horrible. So he tried to focus on Xander calming down, and out of his mind.

Karma listened to Xander carefully. He knew that it was easy for him to change his identity. He did not mind changing the color of his hair back to its natural brown color, get rid of his glasses and switch them for the contacts, and adapt a completely new clothing style to keep himself hidden. Yet, he had forgotten about how difficult it would be for Bella. She was still a child, who needed to grow up in a stable environment. Being on the run constantly during her development years was unhealthy, and would probably make her more likely to become demented and troubled as a young adult. "Yeah, you're right," he muttered. He was glad to have Xander around for a situation like this. Karma was much too calculative when he came up with solutions. He tended to overlook smaller details, which would have been detrimental in the end. "Well," he started out as he tried to think around it, seeing that he would doubt Bella being able to think of a safe, and good idea within mere seconds. "If she does not come up with anything, I can find an apartment downtown and rent it until we can find somewhere shielded and secure home for her to live as a child again."

The angel gave out a short laugh at Xander's comment about his mother. He had always thought of her in a completely different angle. Growing up, his father was never physically abusive. Karma knew that if he ever did, his mom would have reported it to the police immediately, and take him and his brother out of the house before Bella would have ever been born. But his dad had been beat the boy up with words almost all of his life. It was so common of him, that Eric had picked up the behavior himself, and gave Karma plenty of emotional abuse to make him into the self-conscious male he was today. His mother had heard it plenty of times, and was sitting in the same room as it happened on most occasions. And not a single time did she speak. She did not stand up for young Karma once, and ignored his cries when he would ask her why the rest of his family was so harsh to him. She would turn her head, or hurry off to the next room. It made Karma dislike his mother as much as he disliked his brother and father. To him, she was just as evil as the rest of them. "Like I said, it is best if we left no witnesses," he responded coldly. His eyes had another flash of anger as he thought back of how she had failed to protect him.

But it vanished as quickly as it arrived when he turned back to look at Xander. He stood himself back up again, and stretched his legs. He still needed to go out on his daily run, and planned to go out to the shops downtown to get himself more clothing. So it was best if he started to begin going on his way so the two could get ready for later. "We should act on this tonight. Doing it in the middle of the day could draw unwanted attention towards us from the human neighbors. I'll make you flapjacks and coffee when I get back, if you're hungry," Karma offered as he walked out of the bedroom. Moving himself back downstairs to retrieve his shirt and pull it back on.

Xander smiled as Karma actually took his suggestion and reminder of Bella into account. Always single-minded, straight and narrow. He nodded and smiled. "Getting Bella out of that house is going to be tricky no matter what. So how about this. You take bella out some-day. A treat or something. I can kill everyone, probably even kill the Demon, I'd have no choice but I'm sure I can deal with him. That means you'd be the only one left to look after Bella and we don't scar her too much. Ooh! Mum and dad can adopt you both! Then we really would be like brothers!" He grinned, the idea coming off random. He chuckled. "That'd be kind of funny, being a brother to a human and an Angel." He grinned. He always liked the idea of having siblings, being an only child. a thought occured. "Oh, we probably shouldn't talk about killing in front of her. Keep it... Safe for kids. Also, how do you explain that I'm a nice Demon? I get that I'm a special case, but explaining that is going to be awkward." he chuckled awkward,ly, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Xander hummed in acceptance. He knew that Karma didn't care for his human parents. He didn't really blame him honestly. From his experience, she was always nice to him, and assumed she gave the same to Karma but from his reaction he assumed not. In which case, no hesitation on her life then. "You are going to have to lie to my parents though. I'm not allowed to lie to them, just as they arn't allowed to lie to me. They don't know I'm a demon yet, I think they wouldn't mind all too much, but I haven't given them a reason to ask. And I can't explain whats going on without lying so..." He trailed off, awkward. "I sort of... made a contract with them? If I lie, they know about it, if they lie, I know about it, and the whole thing is off as soon as one of us tells a Lie. I hid it as a pinky-promise, and made them both to 'promise' to never tell a lie, and I wouldn't either. And I'd rather not be the one to break the promise." He explained. He should probably tell Karma now, because who knows when they have time alone next?

When Karma got up and suggested doing it at night, he nodded. during the day would be awkward and would invite witnesses. He smiled and got up and also stretched. "Nah I can make my own food while your out. I'm not totally hopeless." He grinned. He wasn't, he can cook. He just didn't like doing it. "In fact, I can have something for you when you get back." He suggested, before yawning. "Although, maybe I might just go back to bed. But at the same time, I'm not going to back to sleep. Ugh, too many things to doo." He complained. He wanted to practice his abilities, mostly just see if he can manifest his demonic addons in daylight, rather than just shadows.

"I have a few questions though, on how stuff works in general, when you come back. Like, how does... I guess magic you'd call it? work? I have all this stuff I know I can do but i have no Idea how to do any of it. I have intuition and sometimes my body just... does it with out thinking, but I can't just rely on that. and I don't want to be a burden on you to protect the pair of us the three of us when we have Balla with us, I'd rather help out if I can." He said, looking at his own hands in interest. "But you go and have your morning run and get more toned then you already are. I shall... figure something out." He said, looking almost lost in what to do. He could try and take a nap, he did have a panic attack and cried during it so he felt exhausted. but at the same time, he needed to figure stuff out, and he didn't just want to lay in bed when there was a good chance he wouldn't even fall asleep in the first place. that'd be wasting time.

care_less care_less

Once again, Karma was surprised that he had actually liked Xander's idea. It almost made him feel bad, for he felt like his friend was beginning to steal his thunder. "Yeah, we can try that," the male says thoughtfully. It would be much easier for him to get Bella out if he had suggested to take her out to her favorite pizza joint. The only problem was gathering her things out of the house so they can move away after the deeds were done. But Karma figured that he would be able to solve that problem later. Right now, all he cared about was getting her out of there safe and sound. "My parents work a late shift tomorrow, and I doubt Eric is going to watch her. I can fake an apology tonight. I'll make it sound emotional so I can sound in 'character', that way they will let me pick her up tomorrow before their shift. When I leaver with her, you can take out Eric first, then wait for my parents to come back and take them out too."

He could not help but to chuckle lightly at Xander's comment about explaining their situation to Bella. Karma did plan on telling his younger sister eventually, just not immediately after their dealings with the demon. "I am planning on not saying anything unless I have to. If we go with this plan, we might not even need to explain what we are," he says with a small sigh. "It's like you said. She is still a kid, so I don't want to burden her with anymore information than what's needed."

When Karma heard that he would have to lie to Xander's parents, he laughed again. Now that he knew that they were technically not his parents, it made him curious. "Lying is not my strong suit, but I can bend the truth. But, I want to know why," he says as he looked at Xander sideways. "They aren't your real parents, right? I understand that you have a contract with them, but it's not your job to care, yeah? So what does it matter?" It was something that he had been wondering, now that he had found out that his friend was a demon, he did not understand exactly how the other worked. Karma had always thought that demons were heartless creatures, incapable of love and empathy. Yet, Xander had more love and empathy than even himself. He simply could not understand what made Xander different.

Once he had moved back through the kitchen, he slipped on his running shoes before brushing his hair back with his fingers. "If you insist. I shouldn't be more than thirty minutes," he says before giving him a small wave, then exited out the front door.

And, just like he had said, he was back in the house around thirty minutes later. With sweat dripping down his face and panting heavily, Karma slowly took off his shoes again and moved slowly through the kitchen. Usually, he would ask before he grabbed a cup for himself to get water. But at the moment, all his mind screamed was for water. So he hurried through the cupboards and grabbed a glass. Then moved to the sink to fill up the glass, and took a few deep chugs.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (sorry if this was short, I'll try to make longer next go around :p)

Xander smiled when Karma listened and even seemed to like his idea. See, he wasn't a hopeless case after all! He had a brain and could use it too! He just didn't like using it... he listened to Karmas idea and got slightyl worried. "Are you sure?" I know it'll be for a while, but you'd have to be with them. You'd have to suck up to them, and I'd rather not put you through that. Instead, when your parents leave, you can go over and talk to eric. say that you can take Bella out of the house and look after her for a while. Eric will either be lazy and agree or fight you, but knowing Eric and seeing how he seems to hate everything, He'll probably be more that willing to let Bella go with you." He suggested. He'd rather avoid Karma having to deal with his parents at all possible. This even gives him time to even make sure the Demon agees, and could influence Eric. He'd just have to scare him. He seemed to scare the other last night, he was sure he could do it again. "But yeah, I can work with that. The Demon might be annoying to deal with so taking him out first would probably be a good Idea."

Xander nodded in agreement. "Yeah thats fair. If we don't have to tell her, why bother?" He asked rhetorically. It makes sense after all. If they don't need to tell her, they wont. It'll be like living with his parents, where he can't be out in the open when practicing anything demonic. Annoying, but he was used to it since he lived with his parents most of his life. Well, remembered life at least.

Xander listened to Karmas questions, and he could understand the confusion. With how Demons are supposed to act, what Demon would care? "Well, they raised me. Simply put, I'm a Demon without their memory of Being a Demon. They raised me, they're all I know and all I remember. They're taken care of me, raised me, and loved me, even though I wasn't actually their son, and their original son is dead. I... well, I guess a simple way to put it is... I have a bond with them. I see them as my family. Just like with you and Bella, and I think that is why I care. I care for those who I have strong relations for." Xander explained, his throught process a little bit jumbled but the core of the explanation was there none the less. "I guess... I don't want to hurt them. I care for them, so I don't want to lose their faith and trust in me." He added. and that would really suck. He spent years making sure that his parents trusted him, and had faith in him, and he's rather not loose that.

Xander waved Karma goodbye and looked at his bed. the covers were open and there was no chance there was any warmth under that. He'd have to re-make the warmth from scratch. And with the sun, there was no way he was getting back to sleep. With a solumn sigh, he got dressed into something where in case he'd have to run out, he could easy just leave instead of being in his pajamas. Karma was always spot-on time, and so he decided to practice manifesting his demonic apendages while thinking of something ot eat, so he took his top off. He wasn't muscled or anything, he was lean and thin compared to Karma's tones form, but he rarely did anything so it wasn't unexpected. Eventually he decided on using what his mum refers to as the 'toastie-maker' because she used it to make cheese toasties. They came out nice as well. He made his own, the whole thing only taking 5 minutes, and Karmas finished as soon as he ran through the door. Hows that for timing? He didn't even realise that his wings and horns were out and manifested, focusing on making the toasties for him and his friend.

"Welcome back, Karma. Made ham and cheese toasties, fresh from the toastie-maker." He chuckled, offering Karma's two toasties to the male who was downing water like no tomorrow.He sighed, shaking his head. "Buy a water-bottle man. That way you're not dying of thirst when you come back." he chided gently, a mental note to buy the other a water bottle seeing how the other refused to get himself stuff that could actually help him.

care_less care_less (dude your fine! Don't push yourself! :D)

Karma waved off Xander's worry of the angel forcing himself to apologize. He honestly did not think of it as something too terrible. It was not like it was his first time he had to apologize for something his parents had started. Plus, it was not like it was going to matter in the end. They would not be alive long enough to rub off his "mistake" in his face. "It's nothing, really," he assured Xander. "I have to forgive them, anyways. I cannot hold a grudge against them for too long. According to the other angels, choosing not to forgive someone puts me on a path to damnation. I can't have them thinking that I am becoming rogue." Being a symbol of purity placed a lot of limitations on Karma. He was constantly on a tight leash, especially because he was so young compared to his brothers and sisters. To them, he was still seen as a child. So if he had accidentally broken a rule set in place by Heaven, they would severally punish him, or make him fall from Heaven. Which was the very last thing Karma had wanted to worry about.

The male had listened to Xander's explanation closely. It was very much fascinating to him, especially because Karma could not disagree more. Unlike Xander, Karma had never had that connection to his human parents. In fact, he could care less if his entire family had fell off the edge of the Earth tomorrow morning. All he cared about was keeping God's world in perfect balance. He could not tell whether it was because he was brought up with that mindset, or if he had truly lacked empathy, but Karma did not care. It was ironic in a way, how an angel known for its love lacked warm emotions, and a demon known for hatred carried so much love. The thought of it alone had almost made Karma laugh.

When Karma had came back into the house, the boy had frozen for a few seconds. Seeing Xander in his more natural demonic form kicked on the angel's instinct. If he had no self-control, Karma would have mistakenly summoned a sword and try to smite the demon. But he had reminded himself that it was only Xander, and acted as though his horns and wings were normal. As Karma gulped down his water, he placed the empty glass on the counter. He had completely missed on what Xander was saying, for his mind was hyper-focused on Xander's wings. They were not like the typical leathery wings he was used to seeing on other demons. Instead they were a lot like his own, except his feather were black. Like a dark shadow had completely engulfed his wings. It was the sign that Xander was a more higher-up demon than what Karma had expected.

"Have you ever seen another demon's wings?" Karma asked suddenly, which made his question seem random after Xander's offering of toasties. "Did you ever notice that your wings look a bit like mine, versus some random demon?"

At he fact that Karma had to forgive the horrid humans he had to call parents, he frowned. both out of concern and confusion. "Why should you forgive those who have wronged you? why should you forgive your torturer? that doesn't seem right. I can understand beign civil, I can understand being polite, but forgiving them? What the fresh hell?" He asked confused. It was probably an Angel thing, and maybe it was him being a Demon, or a more probable answer would be that he had too-big of a heart, but he really didn't understand it. And it probably was because he was a Demon, that he didn't agree with the weird rules that they set on his friend. He wouldn't ever say it aloud, but as he was a Demon who was probably kicked out of Hell, Karma being kicked out of Heaven wasn't bad in his opinion if he could continue living with Karma. He put a hand on Karmas shoulder, a comforting squeeze. "Only if you're sure." He said. He wasn't going to fight Karma on it, but he wanted Karma to be sure on what he was going to do

"Huh? No? I don't remember ever meeting another Demon, let alone the wings. I probably have before, but I don't remember." he said, and then looked at his own, almost-skeletal-like feathered wings. "I-I thought it was normal? Your wings were white so I thought my black wings was normal. Since Demons were the opposites to Angels." He said, looking at his wings worridly. He brightened up a bit. "I don't think it looks bad though, I like the almost skeletal-look they have." He grinned, letting them ruffle themselves. "What do normal demon wings look like? I mean, I have the horns, I think the Ram-horns almost suit me." He said, grabbing his own horns on his head. it was... weird. it was like pulling on bone that was afixed and wouldn't budge. They wern't even sensitive, just a weird sensation. He flexed a wing out. "Wanna feel? Wait, your wing hurt me well, not really but like, hte demonc side of me. Will touching my wings hurt me or you?" He asked, curious. He was willing on letting the other touch his wing if it hurt him, instead of Karma. He realised that his thoughts were all over the place and looked down, frowning at himself.

"Huh, guess I'm still tired. Might take a nap sometime throughout the day." He mused, going back to look at his wings. He supposed it didn't help with the miriad of questions running through his head. What kind of Demon was he? What types of Demon were there? How does magic work? What was it called so he didn't have to call it 'magic'? would be be able to sense it? so many questions and he had no idea where to start. He didn't really get to see what his wings really looked like, only seeing them recently, so the look interested him quite a bit. The wings looked almost like a void of colour and light. Similart to the angels wings being pure white and almost glowing with light, his seemed to absorb it in a way. Xander thought it was fascinating, having so many questions. He grabbed his plate of food, grabbing Karmas and gently pressing it into the others chest, silently telling him to take the plate, and when the other did he silently made his way to to sofa and sat down.

He moved the wings around, and he had complete control of them. Like they were extentions of him that were always there, just hidden from sight. He tilted his head to the side before louding complaining. "This is just really weird!" He groaned. He liked the wings, but wasn't sure how to feel about them. They were... currently mostly for decoration, no use at all. sure he could probably fly with them, did he know how? No. They felt like two extra arms and since he was brought up as a human, it was a bit weird. "Are they meant to feel like exta arms?" He asked, unsure.

care_less care_less

Karma honestly did not like the idea, either. There were many rules set upon him that he did not like, but knew that he had to comply with them regardless. Falling out of Heaven was viewed as a punishment worse than death. Plus, he could not even begin to know how to live a life without following strict orders. It was the only thing he knew how to do. "Choosing not to forgive builds up anger. Anger leads into hatred, which leads to wrath. Many emotions leads into committing sins, intentional or not. That's why angels are taught to avoid using them. Being disconnected from emotions makes it easier to stay pure. I am not the way I am just because of how my human parents had raised me. I avoid emotion because I quite literally have to." He did give Xander a small smile at the demon comforting him. Even if it was a bit forced, he did appreciate his help. Karma could not even begin to think of what he would do without the other keeping him grounded.

He listened to Xander with another smile. The angel was having a hard time cracking the demon. He had never heard of any type of demon who no longer had their memories of life before possessing a body. Perhaps the other was cursed into not remembering, or had been kicked out of Hell for helping Heaven. It was interesting to say nonetheless, and was something that Karma would have to look into on another day. "No, most demons have leathery and thin wings. Almost like a bat," he says as he took a step closer towards Xander. His eyes closely examining his dark wings as his brain began to work. "Unless you were a Satan spawn, that is. Lucifer is a fallen arc angel, which means that all of his spawns would have the same characteristics. Including angel wings." He took a step back to grab his glasses he had left on the kitchen counter. He slipped them on so he could look Xander over better."Huh, this is fascinating," he says, more towards himself than to Xander. His eyes did no move from the demon's wings when he asked to feel them, to which Karma gave him a small shake of his head. "I can't. Just like my wings had probably burned you, your wings and horns will burn me. Except it will literally leave burn marks on my skin that will not heal for a few weeks," he said simply before finally looking over at Xander. He felt the plate press against his chest, and grabbed it quietly. The angel moved silently into the dining room to sit down and began eating his food.

Taking a few more bites of his sandwich, he hurried to swallow his food so he could speak. "A demon's ability depends on their rank. Most of them are weaker than angels except for Satan spawns. Angels and Satan spawns are equal in ability. So if you are actually a spawn of Satan, you would be able to kill me right now because I am off of my guard." He was not worried with mentioning that information, for he felt perfectly safe with Xander. He knew that he would never intentionally try to harm him, let alone try to kill him. "You can do everything I can do, except the energy you use is dark, while mine is light." Karma stopped for a moment to take another bite of his food. He had to admit, Xander had a gift for cooking. Eating the small meal his friend had cooked for him made Karma wish that Xander could cook for him all of the time. But he knew that the other did not always have the time to do so, and thus tried to enjoy it while he could eat it.

By the time Xander had spoken again, Karma had finished his toastie and brought the plate back into the kitchen. His mission was to now clean off his plate so he could go upstairs to shower, then get dressed for the day. "Yes. I can teach you how to fly with them later, if you're interested," he offered as he placed his now clean plate to the side for it to dry.

At the links Karma explained how not forgiving someone leads to wrath, a sin if he wasn't mistaken, tilted his head to the side, pondering. At the 'emotions leads to Sins' where Angels are taught to Avoid emotion to stay 'pure'. He felt angry. "So, In essence, to stay 'pure' you have to not care for others. An unfeeling machine. Then whats the point? I'm not sure if Its because of my human-upbringing or because I'm actually a Demon, but... whats the point in staying pure if it means that you can't make meaningful connections with others? Caring for others, that'll 'Lead to Wrath' one way or another, and if getting angry when someone hurts someone you care about, how is that even wrong? Its having a heart, its showing you care. Having a heart and havign feelings... sounds more appealing to being emotionless and uncaring, but 'pure'." He rambled. Sure, he was probably adverse to 'pure' base Ideals due to his nature, he still thought it was wrong. Not caring about others... being detached... that sounds more like hell to him. "Besides, what was the point in being 'pure', what goal is there? To Rank higher? I can't think of a reason to stay 'pure' other that pride." He said, his brows furrowing.

"Really? Wow." He said in genuine surprise, his wing flexing out at bit letting Karma examine them. He listened to Karma, and chuckled a tthe suggestion that he was possible Licifers child. "I doubt I'm 'satan spawn'. Why would he kick out his own son?" He asked, curious. He smiled as Karma looked even closer using his glasses, the glasses making him look dorky, but in a cute way. He pouted, almost upset that Karma could properly examine him. "Awh. I'd love for you to get physical to examine me." He said, giving Karma a cheeky, flirtatious grin and a wink. "But if its going to hurt you, I'd rather you not touch them then." He said, a firm nod and a more comfortable, and far less flirty smile. He wondered. Lucifers kid. If Lucifer was the king of hell, He'd be a prince. A small voice in the back of his head, a name. he tried focusing on it, but his thorughts were cut when Karma started speaking again. He blinked, the voice gone and he wanted to groan in annoyance. It'd be nice to at least know his old name. but 'Prince of hell' was definatly a title he felt something towards. Acceptance? Contempt? Anger? Sorrow? There was a mix of emotions to the words, and he ignored it all to focus back on Karma.

"Woah really? Huh." He said, interested. "Makes sense why I can summon a sword then." He said, summoning said sword. "Not sure how to even use it, but thats interesting." He said, desummoning it. Mostly just dropping it and as soon as it left his grip, it seemingly fell to Ash. "I remmber doing that a lot when I first realised I could do it. it just looks really cool." He said, chuckling shyly. he hummed at the 'anything I can do' and he tilted his head to the side. "Well I know I can leave intentional curses and lock them onto an area. I may or may not have gotten anrgy at your family and cursed your parents and Eric's room. Nothing bad! Just... nightmares. When they kicked you out." He said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "I think Bella almost saw me, almost but I'm pretty sure she didn't. I wanted to get back at them in any way, even if it was petty. I can take the curses off tonight?2 He suggested, hoping the Angel wouldn't be too mad a him.

He looked up and smiled, nodding. "I'd apreciate it. I'd like to know the basics in case we ever have to fly to coop." He chuckled. Finishing his own plate he clean it up as well, drying it and KArmas manually and putting them away almost on autopilot. He was used to just helping out and making sure that there wasn't anything that was cluttered. The mess always annoyed him. He let his wings and Horns disapear, so he could be closer to Karma without worry of accidentally hurting the other. "It feels more normal to have away, but I can still feel them. He turned to show Karma his back. "Is there anything on my back like yours?" He asked, and there were two areas on the lower end of his back, the skin didn't look punctured, but the skin was significantly more red than the rest of his back.

care_less care_less

Karma almost smiled hearing how upset Xander was. He had every right to be, for if he was not an angel, he would have easily broken those rules just so he could live a somewhat normal life. Maybe then he would feel more content with himself, and even confess his true feelings towards Xander. But, he was an angel, so he had no other choice but to follow. "I was not made to love or care for anyone, including myself," he responded harshly. It was starting to become evident that this was beginning to hit a soft spot for Xander. He knew that if Xander had pushed enough, he could convince Karma to rebel against Heaven just so he could live a better life. Xander was definitely his weak spot. The boy could tell Karma to kill someone and he would obey willingly. So he tried to cut the conversation short, just in case he was at risking of losing his halo and grace. "My sole purpose is to follow God's orders. If he had wanted me to live freely, he would have made me human." Then, he grew quiet. His pale eyes moving away from Xander as he turned his back towards him. As looking his friend in his eyes was much too difficult for him.

The angel looked up at Xander with a silent death stare once he heard the boy flirting again. If he was honest with himself, he would have loved to get physical with the demon as well. Except for the whole 'burning himself' part, anyways. "I highly doubt the King of Hell would care if you were his son or not. In fact, I'd imagine he would only be more tough on you if you broke a rule," he said, his voice sound monotone and flat, making him sound more serious than he had intended. "That would make it more interesting. If you are, let's just hope that no other angel finds out what you are." Now that he had thought about it, he was hoping that Michael did not notice that Xander was in actually demon from their encounter last night. He was hoping that he did not, considering that he had left in a hurry. If he did notice, he could not imagine how much trouble they would be stuck in.

Karma had watched the demon summon his sword again silently. He was not in terrible shock, since he had the same ability (as was shown that very morning when he had used his dagger to threaten Xander's life with). But he did find it interesting that the only thing he could pull out was a sword. To his knowledge, the first weapon an angel or demon can summon is usually their go to, or main, weapon. Karma was an instinctual long-range fighter, so his go to weapon had always been a bow and arrow. He had never needed to bring this up to Xander, but he had naturally very precise when it came to hitting targets. It was rare for him to miss, and only did when he was terribly distracted or was cursed with a foggy brain for the day. "I can help you learn how to fight as well, if you need it. Though, I've been told I'm awful with short-range fighting, I can help you with enough basics to hopefully get your memory running a bit."

The angel did not mind much that Xander had cursed his parents and brother. If Xander did not already reveal his presence to them, he most likely would have smacked him on the side of his head for giving away what was against them. But now was a different story, and all Karma had gave him was a shrug. "Perhaps that will make them easier to kill, if their hosts are already exhausted from their nightmares," he thought aloud as he began to head upstairs. But the moment Xander had asked him if his back had similar scars, he stopped midway to turn around. His eyes scanned the other's bare back quickly, and had barely even noticed the reddening skin at all. "No. I think that if you did, you would be crying on the floor right now with your skin ripped down to the muscle with blood dripping down your entire back," he said flatly, before turning himself back around. "You're distracting me from taking a shower," he called out as he continued his way up the stairs. Now heading into Xander's bedroom to gather his soap and clothes before moving to the bathroom.

Listening to the angel, his frown only deepened, more worry and concern for his friend. No love for himself? Sole purpose? "God didn't Make you though. Micheal did." He said, not sure if that helped at all, but he wanted to point that out at least. "If anything, even if you couldn't care for others... you should at least care for yourself. At the very minimum." He said. It was probably his demonic side, wanting to tempt the Angel away from where he stood in his grace, but Xander wasn't going to force the Angel. In this situation, Karma had to come to him. And he was allowed to help, but not force the other, into making his way to him. He wasn't going to fight the mater, he was going to stay by his friend no matter what.

"What is it with anything going 'I brought you to existance, but even though I created you I hold no love for you.' Does love not exist in beings that arn't mortal? Then what the fuck am I? An Enigma?" He asked, legitimatly confused. why create somethign you hold no love for? what was the point? Why create it if you don't want it? at the suggestionthat they'd be in trouble if another Angel were to find out, well, He felt sure that he could at least look after himself. He wasn't sure where his confidence was that he could fight, but he had a feeling he knew how. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he could probably hold his own, even if he forgot how to use a weapon. The feeling of being confident in abilities that he didn't even know he had was certainly a big indicator.

He looked up to Karma who offered to teach him with a grin. "I have a feeling... that I already know how to use the sword. But its a case of remembering. So a reminder would probably go a long way." He said, grinning. A Memory flashed, a fight, or even a duel. Him, knocking someone down, laughing, cocky and relaxed, clapping. everything was at ease, no tension. Practice probably? black hair? Similar green eyes looking up at him. Younger brother? He looked young. sounds young. He can't hear the words, but he remembers the tone, in awe, happy. a Smoother, gentle and feminine voice behind him. Glowing red eyes, silver hair. Long. Tall and elegant. She's praising him, she's amused, interested, impressed? He wasn't sure how long he was watching the memory for, but it felt like hours had gone by, when it was barely even a minute. He brought the sword back out, looking at it. It hold memories, probably has stuck people, other living beings, down. He sees himself swinging it around, bored, but precise in his movement. Used to using it, he probably still could do it, out of simple muscle memory.

Xander was glad that Karma wasn't upset at him. He would be pretty upset if someone cursed his parents, but, his parents are actual nice people so his anger would be justified. At the gorey description of what could be at his back, he winced. Not out of 'oh, thats gorey' but 'that must have been what Karma had to suffer through'. He looked up as Karma said he was going to have a shower, and the words flew out of his mouth before he could even stop them. "Ooh, can I join~?" He asked, suave and flirtatious, almost seductive in a way, before chuckling. "I joke, Go take your shower." He waved off, amused. he simply summoned his sword again once the other left and went through the motions. Summoning it and desummoning it was almost instant, a split second and boom, its there in his hand. He could choose to have is disapear dramatically, or vanish in an instant. He liked having the choice. He swung his sword around, fluidly, and almost artfully until Karma came out of the shower. His wings interested him, sure, but the Sword was connecting to a memory all of a sudden.

care_less care_less

He had been trying to hold it, back he had finally allowed his irritation to show. Karma was a relatively patient person. But when it had gotten so into conversation that he had began to question himself, his brain did whatever it could to put up a wall. His pale eyes began to glow again as they pierced through Xander. It was not quite the level of anger he had felt when he had first discovered that his friend was a demon. There was no disgust or hatred to be found. It was the type of anger you would see in a wild dog, whose life was being threatened. It was a reaction out of fear. A fear Karma did not recognize. "Drop it," he commanded harshly. It was bad as it was that Karma had already questioned his true purpose, so Xander's continuous questions were not helping. He knew that Xander did not deserve to be the one in the heat, so had told himself mentally to think of a way to make it up to him later. "You are not convincing me to question Heaven. I do what I'm told. End of story." With that, he took in a deep breath to calm himself down. It was growing more difficult to keep himself balanced from repetitively pushing away his emotions, so he had also noted to take a moment later and rant to himself. Maybe then he would feel less unsure of himself.

He had simply ignored Xander's flirting when he walked up the stairs. It had took him no more than ten minutes for him to shower, get dressed, and get his hair ready for the day. Karma knew that he had said it before, but he had really needed a haircut. Originally, he was thinking about growing it out just so he could experiment with a new hairstyle. However, he quickly discovered how annoying it was to not only maintain, but to keep his hair out of his face. So he had finally decided that he would have to find a barber, or ask Xander to cut it. Karma was going to try out his second option first. Considering that asking a friend was much cheaper, he returned back downstairs to look for his friend. His outfit was nothing extraordinary. All he wore was a long-sleeved white collared shirt with a beige sweater vest on top, khaki pants, and a beige beanie with his white sticking out of the front. With his circular glasses, he had definitely fit the soft aesthetic easily. All the boy needed was a coffee shop setting and a latte in hand to complete it. "Xander?" Karma called out as he looked around. Only to find his friend practicing with the sword, which made him chuckle a bit.

"Ah," he started out as he moved closer. "Seems like you won't be needing lessons, aye?"

Part of Karma was glad that Xander already gotten a feel for the sword again. He had truly thought that he was a rubbish swordsman, which was why he stuck with his bow and arrows. He was not in the mood to embarrass himself in front of Xander by re-teaching him, so he could not help but to feel relieved. "You remember how to fly then?" he asked. Karma did not realize that he came off as if he was mimicking him, which was not his intention at all. He was genuinely curious to see if anymore of his memories had popped up while he was gone. "If it is becoming too difficult to remember, perhaps we should try asking a witch or a warlock of some sort. Maybe they can help you understand who you are. Or...more accurately, who you were."

Xander saw and understood the moment he fucked up, when Karma's mood changed. The whole thing was probably sensitive to him, being an angel and all. He sighed. "Sorry for having my own personal doubts and seeing if they can be answered." He said, cold in his own tone. Not matching Karma's Anger exactly, he didn't feel so scared of now that he's seen Karma who looked at him with Hatred and disgust, but for him who was normally pretty warm it would be obvious that he wasn't happy. He did, however, drop the conversation. Even if none of his questions got answeres. He'd have to find an angel that wasn't Karma that wasn't going to kill him on sight. That was going to be dificult, but he would like answers. And he wasn't trying to get Karma to question heaven, he was personally questioning heaven.

Xander looked up and when he saw what Karma was wearing he smiled, holding back a laugh. It was adorable. The glasses and Beanie definitely helped set the theme of 'soft coffee boy aesthetic'. He grinned. "I mean, a few basic pointers wont hurt. I... remember some things, its like, quick flashes." He explained. "I don't remember what to do exactly, but.. I think I was good at it. Like, really good. Theres a lot of muscle memory and I seem to still have a lot of my reflexes." He added, throwing his sword into the air, walking forward a step before grabbing it behind his back and pointing the sword out and away at an invisible enemy. "But... I don't know how to actually fight. Its all... instinctive right now. If that makes any sense." He smiled, sheepishly, bringing the weapon down and shifting it back to his main hand. "I seem to be comfortable using the sword in either hand, so I must have trained for that." He mused. He was confident in his main hand, and felt like he could hold his own with his left. "There a lot of... feelings. Memories. Visions. Emotions. Theres a lot to try and figure out, especially since I don't rememeber anything, but... they're there?" He said, almost confused.

"Nah. Nothing with my wings really sparks any memories. The word has memories attached to them, my wings do not." He chuckled. He ignored the tone, he knew that Karma was possibly still upset over earler. He has a vauge recollection of laughter with the wind in his ears, so he obvious he knew how to fly, but as of right now, he didn't. As the suggesion he cocked his head ot the side. "They exist? Wow, thats cool. Well, if Demons and Angels exist, I suppose witches and warlocks would also exist. I keep thinking in 'this is what Humans know' brain." He chuckled. "Well, I remember stuff that are attached to memories, so the sword has a lot of memories attached to it. I recognise the people in the flashes I see. but thats it. So, if they can help, I don't see the issue." He shrugged. If someone called him by his original name, he would probably respond to it, but it was knowing that Name.

He stretched, sword disapearing into ashes once again, and sighed. "I know I have a brother and a Mother. I think my brother is younger than me. Black hair, green eyes, round face. My mother... Black hair, long and straight. Red eyes. She's graceful, and elegent. I was sparring with my brother, I beat him, he laughed, My mother praised me... thats... all i really get." He described. The memory... it felt distant. And he felt detatched from it. "Its like... The memory shouldn't be there. I don't know these people. Or, Demons I guess. But... I do know them. I know who they are. I would recognise them on the street. But... I don't feel... attached to it. Or them." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

care_less care_less

Karma had watched Xander quietly for a moment. He did seem to know what he was doing, or at the very least he could fool someone into believing that. His movements were flowing and elegant. Much like a river. So it had definitely reconfirmed Karma's theory that Xander was a demon of higher-class. Most commoner demons were a bit sloppy with their fighting, and acted purely on impulse rather than thinking about their next move thoroughly. From what Karma could tell, Xander was able to instinctively move with grace. Still, neither of them knew how Xander was in an actual fight. So he tried not to judge the demon's combat skills too much. "Perhaps we should try out a practice round first. We can fight each other with fake weapons to avoid wounding one another, and maybe jog some of that 'muscle memory' back up," Karma suggested as he walked over to Xander. His car keys jingling in his back pocket with each step he took.

A small smile crept onto his lips as he heard the other's shock. Karma could never stay upset with Xander for long, for the boy made it much too hard for him to do so. After all, he had secretly loved the demon. Who could stay mad at someone who they think of so fondly? "Yeah, a lot of things exist," he says rather broadly. Realizing that what he had said did not really help the conversation, the angel tried his best to explain it more thoroughly. "As far as I know, every single monster or mythical creature you can think of lived in this realm. Most of them have just either gone extinct, or in hiding," he commented as he began walking over to the front door. He was more than ready to leave the house, or more specifically, the neighborhood. As anti-social as Karma might have seem, he could never stay inside of a house for too long. Plus, he had wanted to get to the shops a little early just so he could find a decent parking spot, and would not need to deal with the rush of humans that flood the streets during the afternoon.

As he was pulling on his sneakers, he continued to listen Xander's description of his family. Unfortunately for the both of them, Karma could not think of a single demon he had encounter with those features. Usually, demons of higher class were strong enough to hold up their own form and kept their own bodies unless they had defied Lucifer. So he knew it would not have been too difficult to try and search for his mother and brother if Karma and Xander would have asked around a bit. "I can ask some of the older angels if they have encountered anyone of that description? Until then, we can try to look for both of them after Bella is safe. Maybe they can bring you back to your memories," he says with a slight bit of optimism. Deep down, Karma knew that there was a bit of anxiety and fear of possibly finding Xander's real family. Meeting a demon of that power and social class was out of his league. He was still a newbie, and only met demons of lower to mid-lower class. What if they tried to kill him right away? Was he skilled enough to defend himself? He could only pray that Xander's memories would come back in time to stop them if they did. But thinking of that made an even more terrifying question linger in his mind. Would Xander still be his friend if he remembered who he was?

"Are you coming with me?" Karma asked as he began to open the front door. He was secretively hoping that the demon would come with him, as he did enjoy being with him (as he had no one else to talk to). Yet he did not say anything of the sort. He did not want to admit that he had liked the other's company, for he could tell that more flirtatious comments would surely pour out afterwards.

At the suggestion of sword-practice, he smiled apreciative. "Yeah, that might word. I'd rather not accidentally hurt you with an actual sword that looks like it was forged in Magma and actual hellfire." He joked. The words that caem out of his mouth felt weird, and he wasn't sure why. He wasn't sure why he specified Hellfire, it just slipped out. Still he paid no mind to it, and continued on. "Where we goign to get practice swords from though? I assume wooden ones?" He asked, chuckling slightly. There was his younger brother, a flash of him, looking much younger, running around with a wooden sword. Smacked someone much taller than him, who simply ignored him. "I remember a lot about my brother. At least, when I think of memories, I remember my brother most vividly." He pointed out. "I think we were close. I might have been training him, even. He-"He stopped, preventing the words that came to mind to slip out. "I think he was the youngest. And... the first thought to come to mind was 'Runt of the litter' so.. he was probably the weakest of us. But I've.. I must have always been a caring person, and cared for him when no one else paid attention to him." He said. Good to know he had a heart even as a Demon.

"Woah.. really? Thats so cool! Sucks they're extinct or in hiding. makes sense, humans are terrifying. I'd run away too if I didn't have people to care about." He said, almost bluntly. And.. well the only people tying him down were his parents and Karma. He had a lot of respect towards the people who did their best to raise him, and then there was his crush on Karma that Xander was willing to live him for the rest of his life. He'd rather have Karma as his best friend forever until the end, then ruin the friendship and never having it recover because more-than-platonic-emotions got involved. He wasn't dumb, he knew that Karma tolerated him because they grew up together and so he was used to him. If they had never met until now, Karma wouldn't be able to tolderate him at all, flat out.n so he would much rather keep his friendship with the boy then possibly ruin it over feelings. He'll get over it eventually.

"Don't make yourself too suspicious by asking. I don't want to risk you getting in trouble because of me." Xander warned. he would rather not know anything if it meant keeping Karma safe. He smiled. "I would like that. I have positive feeling towards my brother and my Mother, so even if I was Banished, they'd probably still be willing to talk to me." He said optimistically. "Well, my brother most definitely. Mother... not 100% sure on." He said. He got warm feelings from when he thinks ofhis Demonic Mother, but here was the underlaying feeling of ice cold. "Back on topic though, I'd rather not find my old family, or know who I was if it meant getting you in trouble with Angels, since I'm not sure how punishment works up there, but I'd rather you be safe then hurt for my own benefit." He said, concern in his voice.

"hm? Oh sure, where are we going?" He asked, quickly slipping a top, grabbing a coat, and easily slipping into his own trainers. No fashion co-ordination, no theme other than comfy casual tha was hap-hazardly put together. He wasn't sure why the Angel was leaving, but he was willign to go anywhere for the Angel.

care_less care_less

Karma nodded in agreement to not wanting to hurt the other. Both of their weapons were made completely opposite material: Hellfire and Divine Light. If one of the two were to accidentally nick the other with their weapon, it would be twenty times as painful as a normal cut should have been. No matter the size of the wound. "Wooden should be fine. I have some of my older ones back up in heaven that I can bring down for use to practice with," Karma mentions with another push up of his glasses. He listened to the other describe his brother, and was relieved to hear that him and his younger brother seemed to be on good terms. Karma supposed that he had a similar relationship with Bella, but it was hard to tell. She was so young, so it was not as if he could completely open up to her about his problems. Perhaps it would get stronger as the two grew older. He honestly had no idea. He never had a healthy and strong relationship with any of his family. His brother bullied him from the day he was adopted, his real father treated him as his employee, and his blood sister-
Karma snapped his mind away from that thought. The closest blood family member he had was someone who Karma despised with a passion, and thus tried to ignore thinking of her whenever possible. "You don't seem to recall much of your father," Karma pointed out. "It's fine if you don't, but I am guessing that he was not apart of your life much."

After hearing Xander's comment about how shameful it was that many other creatures were stuck in hiding, Karma had simply nodded and agreed. "Well, you know how insensitive and self-absorbing humans are," he said with a huff of annoyance. "The moment they see something different than themselves, they want to tear it apart until they understand it. When they do, and realize that such a thing is more powerful than they are, they have the audacity to destroy it within the blink of an eye. It's annoying," he scoffed. His irritated tone did not hide the fact that Karma did not necessarily have a generally positive view point of humans. Which it made his current "human" profession only seem more ironic. "That also includes witches and warlocks now that I think about it. We might have to search for a good one. I can only think of a few, and all three of them are nowhere near here."

The angel was glad that Xander did not know much about the way Heaven had treated its soldiers. Most people had thought of angels to be gentle and caring creatures, since most of them were hand-created by God and made to protect the humans. But when it came to completing a said goal, they were the exact opposite. Especially if they were trying to get information on the opposing side, the demons. They would do anything to become the winning side, including injuring one of their own. There were special angels created to doing just this. Whenever an angel was beginning to fall out of line, withheld information, or was found to be working with a demon, they were brought to these special angels for "persuading". They had been known to tear off wings, burn them with Hellfire, chop off fingers and toes, the list could go on. Hence why Karma was paranoid about Xander's true species being known to others. He would hate to be the next angel being sent to Heaven for "persuading".

"I'll make sure to be careful," he assured Xander. He was good at obtaining information while covering his tracks, so he had planned on using that skill for this.

When Xander had offered to come with him, Karma opened the front door open for him and unlocked his car doors. "You don't remember?" he asked as he made his way over to his car. It was still parked at his human family's driveway, but he knew that everyone had been out at either school or work and did not worry about any awkward interactions. "I need to buy some more clothes. I'm in the midst of a belayed growth spurt, so I need new pants."

"Oh, nice. I hope I can actually use them." He chuckled, seeing they were from heaven. So they were probably sort of pure. Ah well, didn't matter. He still felt confident, and he wanted to re-learn something. even if he did already technically know it. At the suggestion of his Father, missing that Karma has blanked out for a moment, he blinked. "My Father?" He asked. He tied to think of 'father' and all he could think about was having to look down. "I... I remember ....something? ... I had to look down. When around him. Mother was always standing next to him. Those memories... are very cold. Like i wanted to be anywhere but there." He explained. there was almost a bubbling form of anger at the mention of his supposed Father, making him want to growl and spit fire, but he felt himself shut down the emotions and kick them to the side, out of mind. ignored. "I... don't think I was on good terms with him." He confessed. that kind of sucked, but to be honest, he didn't really care. He had his human parents who he cared about, and he knew they cared about him.

He smiled to himself, thinking of his parents. His parents would like Moraz, no matter how old the kid got, he'd never loose his sense of self. He blinked, looking up. "Moraz?" He said, the word coming out as though he's said it a thousand times. "Thats my brothers Name." He said, looking at Karma, unsure how to feel exactly. He felt.. happy that he remembered something, but... did he want to remember though? Obviously not good terms on his father made him not want to remember... but he would like to have a little brother at least.

"Yeah, humans are the worst. You get a good few Eggs, and not all of them are horrible, but some bad eggs ruin the whole basket." He sighed, agreeing with the Angel. You had Good humans, like his parents, like Bella, people who were naturally good. But they're rare and far between. Its not the humans fault, sometimes you were just born and brought up in a bad situation. At the mention of 'none of them near here' he looked up with a hum. "Well, you can teach me how to fly, and once I can become air-born, we can fly over to them. I'm... pretty decent at Illusions, enough to make myself invisible to most. Not the best but I've hid from normal people before." He suggested. It would give him good practice, and he could see how far he could get with his wings.

He nodded. "You better man." He said, concern but trust in his tone. He would trust in his friend, his friend knew what he was doing. Karma wasn't an idiot, he knew how to keep himself safe. Xander was still going to worry, but he had faith in his friend. "Remember, I've always got your back, okay?" He asked, wanting to make sure that his friend knew that he was still going to be supporting the other.

"Oh! Yeah, now I remember! Sorry, yeah, I remember." He grinned, remembering the conversation over the virgin killer top. He hopped in the car, phone out and ordering. He had forgetten everything from yesterday, due to hectic morning, so just remembered what he wanted to do. which was Order one of these virgin-killer tops. Purely for function and because of how soft it looks, of course. Totally wasn't going to try and embarrass Karma or anything. Same day delivery, and he was golden. He chose a Dark-red top that came with black tights. the Tights would just make his legs look nicer and he didn't really care about that, but he couldn't get it sepearate so no mind. "I hate clothes shopping." He pouted, not leaving the car. He truly did hate clothes shopping, because half of it all looked the same, and everythign else looked like a mess to a point where he wouldn't need to anounce that he was Gay. But, he was willing to put up with it for the sake of his friend at least. "Like, you get judged for not buying 'manly' or 'masculine' clothing as a guy, and it sucks, because I'm certain that I can pull off a top thats 'designed for a woman' better than a woman can. But can I wear it? No." He grumbled. Now he was just grumbling on the clothing restrictions humans had, and he's been through that song-and-dance before.

care_less care_less

"You'll be fine," Karma reassured after Xander's worries of using a weapon from Heaven. The training swords themselves were not from anything in Heaven, or made with a materials that would be considered as "holy". It was just an ordinary wooden oak. Made from the bark of an ordinary oak tree in an ordinary forest. The most of the sword would be able to do to Xander is give him a splinter if he was too reckless. Which might have been worse, depending on how Xander had looked at it. The angel listened to his friend talk about his father in detail. Or at least, as detailed as he could get with bits and pieces of his memory. 'Perhaps it's better if he didn't remember his father,' Karma thought to himself, but did not speak of it aloud. He knew how insensitive it would have sounded if he were to say it, and that was the last thing Xander had needed. Yet, the thought still lingered in the back of his mind. Karma's birth father was not exactly what you would label a 'model parent', and he could not imagine the struggles of having a demonic father. "Then I'll make sure not to bring him up again," Karma said in a simple and light voice. He did not want to be the cause for bringing up any bad memories. The last thing Karma wanted was for Xander to breakdown again.

'Moraz,' Karma's mind repeated after hearing his brother's name. Why did that sound familiar? He had heard it before, he knows that much. Yet his mind could not think of where. 'Maybe Michael has mentioned him before,' his brain thought, which did make a lot of sense to the other. Now the big question was why. Why would Michael bring up such a seemingly young demon? Unless, the demon was not young at all, and Xander was hundreds of years old. "Do you remember how old you are?" he asked, which seemed like a random question if you were not in Karma's head. "Not your host, but the age of your actual being?"

The angel had barely thought of the few good humans that he knew of. Now that he thought about it, Xander and Bella were the only two humans that Karma had actually liked. And seeing that he had just learned that Xander was not a mortal, Bella was now the only positive light he saw in humanity. Many of the other angels had often spoke of humans as if they were wild and uncivil animals. Just because angels were supposed to protect the human race did not make them like the humans anymore. Which was another component that was influencing Karma's opinion. "I can help you tonight, then," he suggested. "There will be less people out, so it should make it easier for you to get started." That was when a new question had came to mind. Karma adjusted his glasses by the rims of his lenses as he stared at Xander curiously. "Do you find it strange that you remember how to use your abilities, but not your complete memories?" he asked. His question sounding as if he was trying to press a point, or was suspicious of the other.

With a small smile plastered on his face, he gave Xander a small nod as he had confessed his trust. He truly did not want to fall or coward away, but if things were to get a bit tricky Karma was not afraid to back down. He was determined, but not suicidal. He knew what his limits were, and was not planning on pushing them if they were fatal. It did feel good to have someone supporting him. Karma had always knew that Xander was there for him, but he had never thought that it would include the craziness of being an angel. "I'll remember that," says the male with an affirmative nod, then quickly looked in the opposite direction.

When Karma had slid into the driver's seat, he was just in time to see the rather confusing grumbling of Xander's frustration. He placed his car key into the engine before turning it on, and kept the radio off as he backed out of his family's driveway. "What was that?" he asked as he drove the car onto the road. Thinking that his passive-aggressiveness on stereotypes and judgement was targeted towards him.

Xander smiled, nodding at the reasurance. If Karma was sure, then he'll take it. Karma knew a lot more than he did, being the brains in basically anything they did. Wisdom was his speciality, Inletigence no so much, much like Karma. Strong inteligence wise, not so hot on the wisdom. Well, 'wisdom' being any sort of interraction that required humans and experience in that field. He thought they balanced eachother out, so it worked. And that was why he trusted the Angel, because the other was often right, the rare cases on blue moons where he was actually wrong. When Karma said he wouldn't bring his 'father' up again, he shrugged. "It... doesn't really bother me? Not too much at least. He makes me Feel angry and upset, but its feelings I can ignore becuase thats all in the past." He shrugged again, awkward but relaxed. "But, yeah, maybe talking about him often isn't a good Idea." he chuckled, slightly sheepish.

At the sudden question he blinked. He raised an eyebrow, wondering if Karma has lost it for a moment until he clarified. "Oh! Haha, I thought you were asking for my human age, an dI was very confused for a moment." He laughed. "Uhh.... my first instinct was to say '9-something' but honestly, I couldn't say." He said, thinking. He tried thinking on birthdays, he tried to remember any kind of celebration, but nothing came to mind. He focused on his brother, Moraz, thinking on perhaps his brothers birthday... but nothing came to mind. He shook his head again. "Nothing comes to mind, birthday wise. Do Demons even celebrate Birthdays?" he asked, confused, because if they didn't it would explain why he couldn't remember any celebrations.

"Neat." He nodded, accepting the idea. it would suck, practicing at night, but it was better than doing it while Bella was around and her finding out in the worst way possible. And he had pretty good vision in the dark, when he used his demons eyes. He figured out he could toggle them, but he never really had a need for them unless he woke up in the middle of the night which was rare. So he was sure he'd be fine. At the almost suspicious question, he raised an eyebrow. "I don't remember. Its... the best way to describe it would be instinctual. I know how to do it, and I can do it, but I don't think about hwat I'm doing when I do it. Like, one time, I paniked really badly and needed to get away. I wanted to be invisible to the world for a while. And I went 'I know I can turn invisible' and I did the spell. I don't know how, I just did. Its... instinctual, or a reflex even." He explained, probably badly and awkwardly. He wasn't sure himself. Knowing how to do things. The sword thing was probably drilled into him, and he was fairly confident so he knew he had ot be good with a sword. the magic and ability thing? He just couldn't say. He was fairly sure he had more abilities, he just didn't know them until the time came to use them, in which it would be used as a responce, or a reflex. Not exactly on command until he knew he could do it.

"Hm? Oh, I'm just grumbling on how people try to confine others to specific clothing. It sucks and its why I hate clothes shopping, because anything thats vaugely my stle is 'feminine' or 'gay looking' and it makes me upset. Why can a guy not wear a skirt? Heels? A Girl can wear a dress and look sexy, to catch attention, a guy has to take of his top, and show off some abs to be seen as 'hot' and like? Thats shit? I wanna look good in clothing that doesn't look bland." He complained. "But thats just my grumbling, mum and dad have heard all of this before." He sighed, relaxing into his seat with a pout. "Like, some people fit the basic-looking aesthetic, cool tones and matt-colours, and thats fine. But thats not me. I need colour that isn't greyed out. Like, you fit the matt-colours, I don't. But a Man wearing naythign that isn't a button up, vest or hoodie that has more colour than a vaguely bright but kidn fo pale red? Blasphemy it seems." He grumbled out. And well, he wasn't wrong. He got looks for wearing colours. Some guys fit the soft-coloured aesthetic of greys, beiges and blues and browns. That wasn't him, and he could find 'men clothing' that wasn't bland and lifeless, or over-saturated vomit of colours. You had no inbetween and is made him so angry. Sue him for wanting to feel cute and knowing he looked good, okay?

"I'm willing to go shopping with you though." He added. "I hate shopping for clothes, but Its not so bad with people, especially when they know what they're getting." He smiled a bit. Its why he let his mum and dad pick clothes for him, because he's complain and never get it done otherwise.

care_less care_less

Karma nodded gently when Xander had explained his feelings towards his father. Or at least, tried to explain. He could not imagine how difficult it would be to lose his memory, and tried to not push too much onto Xander. He did not know why the demon had lost his memory in the first place. It could have been put up purposely to block out something traumatic or dangerous. It would not have been wise of the two to run head first towards something they do not yet understand. Although it was probably not a good idea to agree with Xander, for speaking about the past was much healthier than keeping it inside, he nodded along with him. He did not know the first thing about coming to terms with the past, for he had a hard time doing so himself. But he spoke nothing of it, and left the conversation there.

He had to admit, hearing that Xander's age was in the midst nine hundreds was threatening to him. Karma could not point out why exactly, but it had made him uneasy. If Xander did remember who he was and turned into something unpleasant, he was unsure if he could take him. Xander was a demon that was way out of his league. Sure, he could put up a good fight. But if Xander had really wanted to kill him, he could probably do it within a few minutes. 'You're thinking about Xander, remember?' Karma told himself as he casually ran his fingers through his platinum hair. 'He is the same as always. There's no reason to get anxious.' When he heard the demon ask about birthdays, he felt reassured of himself again and gave out a snort. He did not have enough time to hold back his laugh or keep a straight face. It was such an odd question. Then again, it was not unusual for Xander to ask odd questions such as this. "I don't believe so, no," Karma responded as he adjusted his sliding glasses. "That's the same with most non-human beings. They do not physically age. So once they've hit fifty or so, the days begin to mush together."

Like Xander, Karma had much prefer to train him during the night. However it was not for the same reasons. It was naturally hard to fly at night, so if Karma had trained him in the dark, he would naturally be a much better flyer. Karma did not factor in the possibility of Xander running into a building or pole because of the lack of vision. For he was much too focused on the finer details. That was a big weakness for Karma. Though the boy was intelligent, he also had a tendency to become hyper-focused on parts that did not need it. So he would often miss the bigger picture, or forget about certain consequences until it was too late.
Even with Xander's unorganized explanation, Karma was able to understand him perfectly. He had felt the same way about using his wings, or using his reflexes to catch anything that is thrown or falls. It was something he was taught to do since he was a child, and he had assumed that Xander was taught the same way. It was like riding a bike. Once you learn your first time it becomes instinctual. "Well, don't strain yourself," Karma warned. "No one is coming to kill us anytime soon. You'll have time to remember everything when it's time."

Karma had felt a bit guilty when he had heard the other vent. Although he knew that he could not control societal standards, he had wished he could make it easier for the other. He had it easier than Xander, for he had been conditioned to like and wear "masculine" clothing. He could not understand how Xander had felt, but he had tried his best to support him. "If it means anything, I think that you look good in anything that you wear." It took a few seconds for him to notice how flirtatious he had sounded, and cleared his throat out of nervous habit. Karma clearing his throat was equivalent to a person blushing. It showed that he was flustered and was trying to find his way out of an embarrassing situation. "As in, your complexion looks well enough to fit any color scheme."
'Dammit, that sounds even more.'
"I mean, your physical features like your eyes and hair can make any outfit look-"
'Dear Lord, you're making this worse.'
The angel forced himself to stop talking, and cleared his throat again. His brain now screaming at himself for talking too much as his eyes focused on the road.

Xander nodded, unaware of what was going through Karmas head. "That makes sense. Kind of sucks though." He shrugged. Perhaps thats why he liked the normal celebrations his parents held when his birthday came around, because he never experienced them before. "I kind of feel bad for them, wont lie. Living so long there isn't a reason to celebrate. Its Kind of sad, and dare you have relations with someone who isn't going to live as long as you..." He sighed, shaking his head. "Non-human beings have it rough." he said, almost pitying everything that had to live a long life. He was still talking through a human-perspective, which made sense since being a human was all he's ever known, but it might be weird for the Angel. "Ugh, it sucks not having memories, because even though I know I'm a Demon, I remember things, I'm so used to having a Normal Huan mind-set. Its so weird and annoying!" He complained.

"I know, it still sucks though. I think I need like... something to kick-start me. I guess. Like, throwing out suggestions, or something. I'm not sure though. I feel like I have a whole... arsenole of abilities I could use, that I know I can do. But its a case of... re-learning them, or at least knowing of their existance." He said with a light groan. "I wont strain myself, so don't worry. I'm just... do what I normally do but sped up. Trying to remember... everything but not foricing myself. I can take care of myself." He grinned. He might be a Demon without his memories, but he had some comon sense and logic. Trying to activly remember rather than just... letting memories come back to him was going to be a bit awkward thoug. But, it getting at least some of his memories back or even piecing bits and pieces of his background might help, he may as well. "If we find a someone who can like, I don't know, unlock my memories for me, that might be helpful." He said with a shrug. "Getting back my memories would mean that I'd be able to remember all the training and magic that I should know. although... I feel like it'd just make me more angry... remembering where I came from. Since well, I have a good feeling I didn't leave on good terms." He winced slightly.

At the borderline-flirty remark in a monotone voice, Xander looked at Karma, curious. He was about to give a cheeky-flirt back, before Karma spoke again after clearing his throat in what Xander assumed to be embarrassment. At the mention of his complexion he raised an eyebrow and let out a little huff of laughter, which only got worse as Karma continued for a third time. "Ahh, You're adorable when you're trying to compliment someone." He said, endearment and amusement in his eyes. "Who knew that the Mr-I-Don't-Show-Emotion-Karma could get embarrassed over complimenting his friend?" He teased. "But thank you. I get where your coming from, I do, so don't worry." He grinned, patting Karmas thigh in an ettempt to be comofrting while not distracting the other from his driving. And while a small part of him, a devious little part of him, wanted to sit on Karmas Lap and properly distract the Angel, he wasn't going to give into every small little urge to act upon his demonic heritige, not matter how amusing the outcome might be.

Besides, he actually cared about his friend and cared about the others friendship with him, so he wasn't just going to throw that away. He stretched in his seat and linked his hands behind the seat, open and trusting. "well, enough of me venting and complaining, off to the shops. We need to find you multiple tops, or find an open-back top that isn't inherently sexual for you to wear so you can have your wings out. Is having your wings in uncomfortable at all or no? like, are you more comfortable with your wings in or out?" He asked, curious. The wings still made him highly curious and he still wanted to touch them. But he didn't want to get the Angel in trouble by 'corrupting' the wings any more than he probably has, and the a pure wings still do hurt him.

care_less care_less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back