• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

At first, Karma did not bother saying anything. He was going to say something insensitive like, 'It's a lot better than being a demon', but decided against it. "Thinking as a human isn't completely terrible," Karma said with another glasses adjustment. Even though he had a habit of belittling humans, he would have much rather to be born as one. He would love his problems to be simple, such as paying bills or getting a stable career in medicine. But now that his cover has been blown, there was no point in pretending to be one. His job including putting his life on the line regularly, and his stress lied in keeping Xander's presence hidden from his superior angels. "It's probably better if you keep that line of thinking," says Karma with a small sigh. "At least your morals are still intact that way."

"Some things you can't speed up without forcing it, Xander," the angel says with a quick scratch at his head. He knew that remembering his past was something very important to him, but he did not want the other to have another mental breakdown if all of his memories flushed him at once. Sure, there was a decent chance that Xander would be able to take it just fine, but there was still a decent chance that he would not. "I do think that you should let everything play out naturally, but I will look for a good magic user that can help you," he promised. Even if he wanted Xander to take it slow, he had no right to dictate how he had went about it. These were XANDER'S memories, not his. The most he could do was support him in anyway he could. "There's a warlock that I heard of that is pretty good in terms of healing. I'm sure he can help you with regaining your memories. He is an American, though. So I'll have to see if he wouldn't mind coming to us. As we already have enough on our plate."

Karma had definitely wished he could just vanish in thin air right about now. He was so embarrassed that he was surprised that he was not blushing. When he heard Xander laugh and comment on how 'adorable' he was, his first thought was 'Is that what it's called? Complimenting?' If he had kept this line of mistakes going, he might accidentally professed his feelings within the next thirty minutes. So, he kept himself from doing so by keeping his mouth shut. The last thing he needed was to humiliate himself even further. That was until Xander placed his hand on his thigh. He felt his ears turn red hot, and was praying that his cheeks would not do the same.

"Eh-Yes, it is extremely uncomfortable," Karma blurted out as a way to put his mind onto something else. "It feels as if someone has grabbed my arms and pulled them behind my back with a tight rope and knotted it with a rubber band." He did not realize how brutally honest he had sounded, and began regretting saying it in such a manner. It was probably better if he would have filtered himself, as he did not want Xander to worry too much about him. "Most angels, or any winged creature in general, are grown up in environments where they can keep their wings out at all times. But since I grew up with a human family, I couldn't necessarily do that. The longer I keep them hidden, the more I risk my skin tearing open like it had when my wings had first came out."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

"I Don't think my Morals changed." He said bluntly. Even when i was recently... I keep thinking Banished, I still didn't want to go crazy and kill everything. I was more focused on... staying alive, Making sure Xander didn't die, while expecting his soul to come back. And when there wasn't an iminant danger of Death, I felt no need to just... cause chaos and mayhem, to fuck people over and corrupt people. I didn't see a reason to, I just realise dhtat Xanders Soul woul dnever come back and so I took on the Role AS Xander. While I technically re-grew up thinking like a Human, My morals didn't change. At least, I don't think so. I wonder..." he stopped, his vocie becoming smaller "I wonder if I was broken. Or considered broken, for a Demon." He muttered, the thought causing a swirl of emotions unknown to him to swell up. Raw emotion, that he couldn't pinpoint, and it made him uneasy.

"I... I would rather remember sooner, rather than later. I-You know me. I prefer to know stuff, especially since like, I had a Past, People knew me. I'd rather know them, know who they are, and know If i should... interract, if I can trust them, or not." He explained. The offer of a Healing warlock in America he hummed. "The American healthcare is a nightmare, but it might help. If he's okay with coming over, then sure, but ther eisn't a need. I'm sure I'll find the right triggers eventually, Its just a case of figuring out which ones which." He chuckled, awkwardly. There are some phrases which... do trigger some things. But a lot of it is just... emotions. Adn its very complicated and muddled, so i have to determined if its a good memory or a Bad one and while Id like to remembe reither way, I'm less keen on the memories that make me angry or upset." He rambled a bit. I keep... getting flashes of my brother, of mother, and I feel like those two were the only people I cared about. Before Iw as forced on the mortal plane and met you, mum and dad. I wouldn't trade you guys for the world." He grinned.

Xander was smiling, amused and endeared by his friend, shy enough to not know how to properly compliment someone. but as he looked more at his friend, he noticed something. He squinted, before gasping, moving closer to look at Karma closer. "Are you!? Blushing!?" He asked, excitedly. This was Rare! A Rare moment that even he, Karmas best and closest friend since they were kids, rarely got to see. Other than forced-blushing that came from external reasons such as the hot weather, Karma didn't blush. and even in the hot weather, he was always able to keep himself neutral and never heated up enough. A Blushing karma? Rarer than anything on the earth, he was sure. "God, you're Priceless." He smiled, in awe at the lightly-blushing Karma, meaning every word.

"Oh shit. Well, when we get home, you can take your top off and keep your wings out while we're at home. I'll move anything breakable out of range." He said, instantly worried. "If rather you have your wings out if you can, I don't want something bad happening to you because you kept them in too long. I think the reasons why mine dont come out of my skin is because I'm still Possessing the human Body." He said, looking at his own hands. "We can just a top and rip the back open for you to wear." He suggested. "Or I can grab one of my older tops I have and we can use that. Saves a bit of money, and you'd be wearing in the house anyway." He shrugged. He didn't mind. Besides, Karma in His tops? where they were more colourful and outgoing compared to what Karma normally wears? He'd sacrifice a Shirt for the sight.

care_less care_less (If this is chaotic and a mess, I appologise, I wrote this out of order and my brain died half-way through.)

"Maybe..." Karma mumbled at the suggestion that Xander was "broken". It would make sense if Xander (or more specifically his demon) was born with decent morals, and was thrown out of Hell because of it. Perhaps him and his family had a falling out, and as punishment erased portions of his memory. If that was the case, Karma felt much more at ease. He would hate to see Xander transform into some terrible being that he had believed demons were. Maybe if he talked with Michael about his theory, he could convince him to not send anyone to smite or kidnap his friend. It had given him hope, and because he was having a hard time finding something to keep him determined, he had held onto it desperately. "You're probably right," Karma admitted as he gave out a sigh of relief. "You've been morally grounded for years. I'm sorry for doubting that."

When Xander had listened to the other explain, he had thought for a moment. If the demon wanted to find a quicker way, he did know of someone within their town that could have done the job better. That would mean conversing with someone who Karma was not very fond of. His thoughts went back to his sister, who was a very talented healer and well-known amongst the angels. But her powers were only great because she had fallen ages ago, and used dark magic that demonic creatures lived on. Karma wanted nothing to do with her. If Xander really needed to, Karma would drop his personal connections with her and ask her for her help. That was only if Xander was in a life or death situations. The two had time to figure out Xander's past. He had remembered the panic in Xander's eyes when he had witnessed him filled with anger. Karma preferred that he did not see that side of him again.

"I'll contact him tonight, and see when he is available to come by."

The heat from the rushing blood had spread to his cheeks and across the bridge of his nose. Karma was just as surprised as Xander. After all these years of embarrass situations, NOW was the time his body couldn't take it. "Huh? I'm not blushing!" Karma defended as his mind rushed for an excuse. "It's just hot in here. This is just a homeostasis reaction." Like Xander had said the night before, Karma was a terrible liar. He had tried to hide his face by turning it the opposite way, as if he were distracted by another car on the road.

"I rather not destroy anymore shirts," Karma says flatly. He did agree with Xander. He had definitely needed to let his wings out whenever the two were at any private setting, but he did not see the point of cutting up more shirts. To him, that was a waste of perfectly good material that someone else could use later. "Being shirtless will do just fine." Karma had no problem being shirtless, or exposing any skin in front of Xander. The thought of the other looking at any part of his bare body had never bothered him. The human body (even if they were not human) was completely natural. So why should he stress about it?

Just as he had finished talking, Karma had drove into the parking lot of an outlet mall. It was not a massive one, but it did have a good amount of familiar clothing shops inside. He parked his car on the more bare side of the lot, which meant lots of walking before they could actually make it to the stores. Karma had always been a rather cautious person. So whenever he had entered a parking lot, he would strive to find a spot away from as many people as possible. That way he could lower the chances of anyone scratching up his car or worse. "This should only take ten minutes," Karma assured Xander as he turned the car off by pulling out his key. Then unlocked the doors so both of them could exit the vehicle.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (it's all good ;p)

"Nah, this whole situation is probably new to you too, so its all good." He smiled, relaxed. "If it was reveresed, I'd probably be in a lot more of a panicked frenzie trying to figure everything out, so you're doing good Karma." He grinned. Hells knew that he over-thought when he was under pressure. He'd probably put himself into a too-paniced-to-think state and just never get anything done. "So I'd say you're doing pretty well, for an Angel brought up to Kill Demons." He smiled, shoulder bumping the Angel.

He smiled and nodded, relaxing a bit. He wasn't worried, there wasn't a need to rush it. He knew that. He just rather would rather know now, sooner than later. Besides, he wasn't scared of having headaches or anything, they were new memories just relearning them. it was a case of time and petience but if anyone knew him they knew he wasn't very good at just sitting still. "Thanks, again. I know we have time, and I shouldn't rush it, but I prefer to know than not. its not like we can just find my brother or Mother and ask them." He said, jokingly. Wouldn't it be ironic if he Jinxed them? 2 demons, an Angel and a Demon in a Human Flesh suit.

"You've been in a hotter area and kept the same blank pale face. You're not very good at lying Karma, not to me at least." He smiled, grinning from eat to ear. Karma was blushing, and he was getting more and more red by the second. "Oh you're so cute. Please, never blush in front of anyone ever. I'm not sure if the world is ready for how cute you look." He cooed. How weird must it be, for a Demon to coo over an Angel blushing? Seeing somethign to rare, so precious, Made Xander feel thinggs. Possessive perhaps? Protective? He really didn't want anyone else seeing this, not to the point of killing them, but he would rather keep this all to himself. Was that possibly the demon part of him talking? Wanting to be selfish and keep Karma from the world? Possibly. But he wouldn't act on any of the impulses or desires. Wouldn't even think on them. I cared too much.

As a male who was very interested in other men, he saw no issue in letting Karma walk around shirtless, That was perfectly find on his end. "If you're sure. just letting you know that if you don't want to be topless, I'm very willing to sacrifice a top." He said, offering still. He wasn't going to fight Karma on being shirtless, but he was oging to make sur ethe other knew the offer stood, just in case the other wanted to wear something. What if he got cold? He hummed to himself as Karma parked the car and nodded, getting out, breathing in the fresh air. "Well thats good. I'll still come with you though, I'd rather walk around than stay in the Car bored." He ginned. He knew that if he saw any snack-stores he would end up going into them, but they were better than clothing stores that was for sure.

care_less care_less

Karma had disagreed quietly at Xander's compliment to how adjusted he was. He knew that deep down he had still felt uneasy at the idea that Xander was his natural enemy. No matter how much he had tried to convince himself that Xander would mean no harm, his conditioning from the angels had kept him suspicious. He had seen what demons were capable of. His elder angels had indoctrinated his mind with how horrific and deadly these spawns of hell, that it had kept him from completely trusting Xander. 'Maybe it needs time,' he told himself. 'Just be patient.'
"Sounds like a setup to a bad punchline," Karma says with the corners of his mouth turning upwards slightly. It was an extremely soft smile that would take a serious stare in order to recognize, but a smile nonetheless. "I just pray that they won't kill me onsite. It would be a shame to die before holding a decent conversation."

Karma wanted to hide his face away for the rest of his life at the other calling him "cute". He was glad that Xander could not hear his thoughts, for all he could think was 'did he really just call me cute?'' and had a miniature mental break. As cold as he was, he was still a teenage boy. And being told by his crush (which he had noticed was weird to think of his best friend as) that he was on some level of attractiveness was a bit overwhelming. "Yeah, I don't plan on it," Karma says quickly in response to 'never blushing in front of anyone else'. A part of him was glad that he still could blush. He was beginning to worry that his own morals and emotions had been fading away over the years. He would much rather feel embarrassed than to feel nothing.

He was glad to hear that Xander was going to join him. Although he was used to doing things by his lonesome (which he could thank his parents for), it was always nice to have someone accompanying him. More specifically having his best friend by his side. Once he had locked his car doors, he began walking with Xander to the outlet mall. He had guided Xander to a Levi's clothing store, and glanced behind him to make sure his friend was still there. He had barely realized that he had bumped into two customers coming out of the store. "Oh-My apologi-" his voice stopped when he had felt his shoulder burn from where he had touched them. He had felt it more with the female. Who was much taller now that he had a better look of her. Part of it was threatening. He could not pinpoint why, but the two had made him feel uneasy. They were demons no doubt.

Once they were inside, Karma had tried to play it out as if the demons did not startle him. He had pretended to look through the jeans on the shelves, and once he had felt that the two had been in the clear, spoke to Xander in a low, quiet voice. "Are you able to sense other demons?"

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (sorry this was a wonky response :( i'll try to make a better one next go around)

At the possibility of someone, even his own demonic family, possibly hurting or even killing his best friend he felt ready to stab someone. "I can guarrentee that I wont let you die. I don't care that they were family, I wont let them hurt you." He said, sounding serious. And he meant every word. He would not hesitate to kill someone, or at the very least stab someone in the throat, if they tried to hurt his friend. When his friend agreed to never show his cute blushing face to anyone, he smiled in contentment. It woudn't do to for anyone else to see how cute his friend could be, someone might fall for him like that. Okay, he had to stop himself there. That sounded too possessive. He stopped that train of thought. "You should try to emote a bit more, even smiling, but that soft smile? Nah, you'll kill normal humans with a smile like that." He warned, joking. He patted the other on the knee, letting the other take them to the Mall without issue.

Xander wasn't really paying attention, he was trying to figure out his phone and why spotify wasn't working, before he remembered that he needed internet to use the free version. He grumbled, completely missing who Karma had bumped into, and naturally following the Angel instride. He perked up, feeling a shiver down his spine when Karma spoke in a lower tone voice. He really needed to get a hold of himself. He focused on the question with a thoughtful look. "I can give it a shot." He said, unsure. He felt like he should, you would have thought he would be able to. He let out a sigh, focusing on the area around them. The presence of people around them, Karma being a lot more significant than everyone else, and two others. Focusing, he felt what he could only explain was an energy. He compared it to Karma and the others around and... well it wasn't an Angel and it certainly wasn't a Human.

"I can sort of... feel? Energies? How in the hell I didn't notice you were an Angel before I have no clue, you're very obviously different compared to humans. There are two others here, strong energies but not like you. I'd-I can't put a feel to it? More like... colours? Everything is grey, you're a warm beige. They're... like a matte Bugundy." He described. "I can't tell what my energy is, but they're not human and they're not an Angel, thats for sure." He said, looking around. he saw two figures walking away, and he gestured to them. "Those two-" He stopped, his heart beating a little bit faster. "Oh." his voice was soft and quiet as he breathed out. That, was for sure his mother and one of his brothers. Brothers? Well, he shouldn't be surprised.

He inhaled, nervously, before reaching for Karmas wrist as a support, accidentally grabbing the Angels hand. He walked bravely up to the two, taking a closer look at the figures. Business get-up, large hat, and looking as poised and as regal she she should should, being the Queen of Hell. The male, who was much smaller in comparidon, considering the lady towered over them by by quite a few inches wearing heels, was shorter than both Karma and Xander. Fluffy red-brown hair, almost like Xanders, donning a dirty-green hoodie. "Excuse me." He blurted out, earning both of them to look at him. He just realised he hasn't prepared anything, he doesn't even remember his own damned name. With the pair looking at him, he smiled, knowing that it was, indeed his mother and youngest brother.

"I-uh, Wow this is awkward!" He laughed. "Did not expect this today, I had to jinx everything! Hehehe" He ranbled slightly. "Uh, Fuck, I... don't remember the name you gave me, but I know the nickname Moraz gave me." He said, looking at Moraz who looked at him, eyes wide and green eyes sparkling. He looked like a smaller, younger version of him. Using his free hand he pointed at himself, sheepishly. "Its vikky." He said, and that seemed to snap Moraz out of it before he yelled out, almost sobbing. "THELVIK!" And all of a sudden he had his arms full of a sobbing younger brother, who he naturally comforted, letting go of Karma's hand to pet the hair with a gentle smile. "Ah, so thats my name. Still got a lot to learn." He chuckled, sheepishly. His mother looked guarded the entire time, but her face showed confusion and concern.

"Perhaps... we should take this to a more... private area. And you can explain why you were holding the hand of an Angel." She said, her voice calm and collected, but a strange undertone, as though she was holding an emotion back. She stolled off, and Moraz looked up from Xanders chest, eyes already puffy. "M-Mother-I-L-lets go! Y-You're uh, y-your boyfriend can come. I'm sure it;ll be okay!" He said, tugging shyly on Xanders arm. Xander felt his heart melt at the cute sight, imidiatly hugging the poor booy who squeaked in confusion. "AH You're too cute! right, lets follow her. And uh, thats my best friend, I can explain later." He added, looking back at Karma awkwardly, but looking relieved. "Success? And, I'll protect you, don't worry." He said, offering an arm out for a one-armed hug or for the other to take his hand. Both would work. Moraz tugged his jacket and he followed, but kept looking back at Karma. "We can shop later, I promise!" He pleaded.

care_less care_less (Don't worry dude, i just advanced the plot xD)

Xander did not need to tell him twice for Karma to believe him. He gave the demon a gentle nod as his own stare turned serious. Or rather, more serious than he had usually looked. At this point in the game, Karma had to trust him. This was his best friend. Demon or not, he knew that Xander would never intentionally let anything harm him. Hearing the other comment about displaying more emotions made him think for a moment (which was a good way to get him away from his embarrassment). He had thought that the past few days he was showing feelings other than boredom, or at the very least expressing gratification for Xander's patience with him. But, Karma was not a slow learner. Now that he had understood that he was not exactly emoting, he tried a bit harder by cracking a light smile. It was gentle, which complimented his soft palish-green eyes well. The angel had the type of eyes that could look kind or apathetic when he wanted to. Ones that were capable of stabbing daggers into another's soul with just a simple stare, yet could bring comfort on a separate occasion.

And as of now, his eyes were cool and caring. "I'll try to be more open," he says before turning his head. The smile vanishing as quickly as it had arrived as his expression became numb again.

He had to admit, Karma was impressed with how easy it came to Xander to read the entire store's individual energies. Karma was still getting used to his own developing powers, and could only read someone's energy within a short distance. Perhaps fifteen meters at best. But for Xander to be able to gather information on who is and is not human in an entire store after just getting his memory was interesting to observe. If he was not careful, Karma would have confessed his love to him on the spot. What had caught him by surprise was the sudden hand grab. His poor brain had barely enough time to process what Xander was doing until he was guided to the two demons.

'This is what I get for having an impatient friend.'

Karma could not help but to feel awkward and on edge when he was brought in front of Xander's family. More particularly his mother, who he had felt very much threatened by. It was not necessarily her height (though it did not make him feel any better), but a certain sense of dread he felt wash over him by simply standing in her presence. But he was conditioned too well to show any signs of fear. However he did notice the peering eyes of other humans staring at the brothers' reunion, and was just about to mention moving before Xander's mother had beat him to it. When she had mentioned Xander holding his hand, he had quickly released it. Karma did not even notice that his fingers were still locked in his. It was so comforting that when he did release him, Karma felt cold and a bit lonely.

Although it was a embarrassing to hear his brother mistaken him as Xander's boyfriend, he did not show that it had affected him. Instead, he kept his emotions dissociated completely. It was clear (more so to Xander than anyone else) that Karma had put his wall back up to keep himself guarded. He did not know these demons like Xander did. He still could not completely trust them. "I'm fine," Karma stated plainly at Xander's statement to protect him. Even though he did appreciate knowing that Xander was by his side, he did not want to become fully reliant on him. After all, how much good can it be for a demon to lug around a weeping angel? Instead of taking his hand, he kept his attention on the mother (for he did not find Moraz to be any sort of threat) as he followed them out of the store. Keeping his mouth shut so he would give Xander the opportunity to bond with his long-lost family.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (alrighty cool. this feels a lot better ;p)

Xander was relived when Karma followed them, and he let Moraz drag him to a much secluded area wher ehis Mother was already waiting. She eyed him, and eyes Karma even harder. He hoped he wouldn't have to fight. "First of all, Thelvik, why are you with an Angel? And holding his hand, no less?" she asked, and he chukcled, awkwardly. "Well, Since I was in a human body, I had to grow up as a human. I grew up with this guy, and neither realised what the other was, until... last night and this morning? I found out he was an Angel last night, he found out I was a Demon this morning, and neither of us are dead?" He said and she looked... what one would say unimpressed, but a gut instict said that she was more amused. "I see. And the holding hands?" She inquired and he chuckled awkwardly.

"Karma is kind of my-my rock? He's calming, and walking up to two people you recognised but barely knew is kind of nerve wracking." He chuckled awkwarly. Moraz looked at him with curious eyes which then darted over to Karma. "Huh. Well, even if you did Date an angel, its not as though an Angel and a Demon havn't been together before. Mother and-and Father, for example. Although that doesn't nessissarily work since Father is a Fallen. Oh, is he also fallen? He looks too..." he trailed off, making a pensive face unsure on how to say the words. "White?" he asked confused, his mother piping up. "Divine is the word your looking for dear." Moraz nodded in understanding and Xander sighed. "Welp, that clears up any miscommunications on who I am. It explains the wings." He said, a shrug.

"Why are you still using a human body?" Moraz asked and he chuckled awkwardly. "Well, when I left Hell-" his mother cut with "Banished. You were Banished by your Father." to which he nodded. "Well, when I was banished, I was going to die, and a child almost died in front of me so I thought to hold-up in him but then realised he didn't have a soul, and I needed a body because I didn't have one of my own. I'm basically controlling a human meatsuit because I don't have a tangible body of my own and if I did, I'm pretty sure the human body would die as soon as I left and I'd rather not risk it." He explained, and moraz blinked. "You look very similar to when you were a Demon, so perhaps your merging." He suggested and Xander shrugged. "I'm rolling witht he punches honestly." he confessed.

"How much do you remember? You kept mentioning that you didn't know us." His mother asked, frowning slightly. He sighed. "I... knew that I was a demon, I knew what I was, but I wasn't-I didn't know anything else. I had to re-learn everything. the human mind can only take so much knowledge and at the age of 6, its under developed. And I was focusing on survival rather than remembering who I was. Its only recently I started trying to remember in case I needed to. I know I was pretty good at fighting, I remember being goo dat spells but i don't know them all, I'm confident in my abilities, but what they are I don't know. And I've recently been able to make my more demonic atributes manifest, so Horns, tail and wings. Speaking of!" He continued, almost rambling. "Karmas wings are super pretty, I've touched them and they hurt, but they didn't hurt Xander me, they hurted the demonic me." He rambled on. His mother nodded. "Thats to be expected, the only time a Demon can touch an angels wings is if they're fallen, and other than a fallen Angel, I'm not sure what the Demon would have to be for a proper angel to touch a demons wings. Theory would state that banishment and being half Angel yourself would give you a high chance, but, seeing how the Banishment was over something I consider petty, It probably was only a temporary banishment, and your father just didn't want you to come back for a long time." His mother explained. He saw where he got his talkative side from he supposed.

"Why was I banished?" He asked, curious. His mother frowned, sighing and opened her mouth to respond but Moraz beat him to the punch. "You took the blame off of me." Maraz said quietly. "I... I helped a soul that was in one of the lower dungeons. they didn't deserve it, but Father is ruthless. He got Angry, and you stood up to him. And because you stood up to him, Father really didn't like that and Banished you." He said, quietly, wringing his hands together. Xander blinked and shashes of a thrown room, shouting, and glaring into dark red eyes that glared back. His mother joined in. "As I've said, it was a petty squabble, and you are his first born after all. Why would he permanantly banish his own son after something as small as that?" She asked rhetorically and the next words came out of him without him meaning to "Cause he's a Dick who thinks he's bigger than life.". either way it caused Moraz to double over in giggled, and got an amused eyebrow raise from his mother.

"You really haven't changed. You're more... open, but your humour and confidence hasn't left you. Truely are my son." She smiled, cupping his head and rubbing her thumb over his cheek, gently and lovingly. her face didn't show a thing, but her actions gave away her intent. a Mothers care. He smiled, feeling a small sense of pride. "I'd do it again. I barely remember Moraz, but I'd get banished permanantly if it meant keeping him safe." he said, making Moraz tear up. "Vikky..." he sniffed.

care_less care_less (Speed running through the Plot, Don't mind me XD If Karma says something, Just imagine there was a pause for him to talk somewhere xD)

Once the group was finally in a private area, Karma tried to let himself relax. But his mind made it terrible difficult. Throughout his friend's interaction with his family, the angel remained quiet. He felt his mind zone out. Or, perhaps hyper-focusing was the correct term for it. He had completely forgotten where he was once he was deep into thought. Karma could barely move his own body. He felt as if he was playing a video game, much like the ones Xander would play late at night with him. He could see his body as if it were a character, but did not have the remote to control himself. 'Maybe this isn't hyper-focusing,' he thought to himself. 'If not, then what is this?'

Although it confused him, this was not the first time he had lost himself. He can recall a few instances before Eric became as abusive as he was, and even more times afterwards. Of course, he had never noticed it himself. The first person to bring it up to him was Michael when he was about five. He could not remember much of that day. Only that it was extremely dark, and his head had ached terribly. "It is lucky of you to have that ability," he could remember him saying. "It keeps you from experiencing pain." Karma had no idea what he was talking about then, and was still unsure of it now. But he did know that it occured again when his wings were developing. He had only remembered a ripping pain from his back and his blood covering his hands before everything went blank. He couldn't hear his own screams. Everything became one motion, which kept him from being too traumatized. Like Michael had said, he was lucky to 'zone out'.

But by the time Karma was eight and good friends with Xander, his friend had told him a numerous times when he had zoned out in the middle of speaking or in class. His brother and his friends had given him so much hell throughout the rest of his schooling that his brain became confused on when and when not to zone out. His entire face would turn blank as his eyes stared lifelessly on the floor. He would be unresponsive for a good thirty seconds before Xander would snap him out of it. Usually with a hug, pat on the head, or shaking his shoulders. Then he would spring back up, and ask Xander where they were or what had happened.

That was exactly how Karma was standing now. His eyes stared off at a distant wall with no signs of life or attentiveness. He was lucky that Moraz or Xander's mother had not asked him any questions directly, for he would have not heard them.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (whoop, i tried to make it as long as i could)

Xander smiled, his little brother hugging him once again. He chuckled, and looked over to Karma and he instantly recognised the issue. he patted Moraz, a gentle push on the shoulder had the younger detatching himself in confusion. Both his mother and younger brother watched as he focused on his friend. Xander gently took Karmas hand, rubbing the back of the Angels hand with his thumb, his voice going quiet enough for jus tthem to listen. He used his height to block the angel from sight as much as possible. "Hey, stop floating away." He teased gently, a soft smile and gentle eyes as he brought the Anegl back to earth. This wasn't uncommon, the Angel dissasociated sometimes and all Karma needed was a gentle touch, a small nudge to bring him back. He was being gentle this time, instead of doing what he normally did and trying to play it off. He felt... defensive? like he didn't want his family to see? He wasn't sure what the feeling was, but he didn't think it was bad. protective over your friend, right?

when Karma did finally come back, he greeted the other with a smile. "Welcome back to earth, Honey. Why'd you float away this time? Was there a trigger? Its okay if there wasn't." He said, smiling gentle and soft, voice still low. "is it cause of my family? We can leave, I don't mind." He smiled, earnestly. Truthfully, while he would love nothing more than to talk more to his precious baby brother and a Mother who he already had some respect for, but if it got too much for his friend, then he'd drop it all. "you remember where we are right? The Mall, wefound my family, we were oigng to get you some new clothes." he added softly. Moraz peeked over, concerned.

"Vikky? Is your friend okay? Do Angels do that often?" He asked, and he smiled. "Karma has a habit of floating into space sometimes, I doubt its to do with him being an Angel." He said, not giving much away. His mother gestured for moraz to come to her. "Let the be, Moraz. They have a Bond you see." She explained and he looked confused before looking over and then smiling. "Oooh, I see!" He nodded. Xander looked at the confused, raising an eyebrow. Why did the word 'bond' sound like it had a double meaning? His mother smirked at him, and he remembered the feeling. His mother perposely not telling him something, challenging his knowledge, giving him a drive to find something out. Moraz was smiling looking between to the demons before looking at the Angel and stage-whispering. "Are you okay?" He asked, concern and curiosity shining in his eyes.

Moraz was a curious case. He was a demon, but his demonic powers were weaker than most lower-leveled imps, and he had a gentle nature that made him concerned for others around him. One could almost mistake him for a kind-natured human, if it wasn't for his demonic heritage. He looked at the floor shyly, before looking back up at the Angel, almost like a little kid. "What are Angels like? Father says they're a bunch of 'winged dicks' but he's always angry and people say the meanest things when they're angry." He shrugged. Xander sniggered at the 'winged dicks' comment. "Isn't he an Angel though? Fallen, but still an Angel." He asked amused. His mother simply rolled her green eyes, as though she's heard this multiple times before. He wouldn't be surprised if it has.

care_less care_less (Lore-dump is over! :D)

Karma had took a few seconds before he could snap out of his trance. His eyes darted back between Xander, his mother and Moraz before he could remember what they were doing. He did not know how long his mind was away, but bowed his head politely. "I apologize for my lack of attentiveness," he said formally. Even if they were demons, Karma wanted to be respectful. Especially to someone of higher power as the queen and prince of Hell themselves. Hearing Xander's calming words, he gave him a small smile and shook his head. "It's fine, Xander. I don't even remember what happened," he says in a soft voice. "This is the first time you have seen your family in nearly two decades. It would be illogical to leave so soon." The last thing Karma had wanted was for Xander to drop everything just because of something he saw was so minor. With how hectic their lives had turned within the last thirty six hours, he could not predict whether or not Xander would get this opportunity again. It would be a shame if he would abandon it over a small space out.

Hearing Moraz's questioning if all angels acted the same, Karma could not help but to give a silent chuckle. With how much older Moraz was compared to himself, he was taken back with how little he knew about angels. 'Maybe he was protected from them,' Karma thought to himself, which was highly probable. Seeing how low his demonic power was compared to his mother, he would not be surprised if he was forbidden to see an angel. If any angel were to stand before him, he would have been killed within seconds. That was assuming that his power was not hidden. After all, Xander had given off the energy of a normal human. He could throw off any demon or angel from suspecting what he truly was.

The angel was slightly confused at what Xander's mother had meant when she had mentioned the pair sharing a "bond". Part of him had an idea, but it was too embarrassing for him to completely believe it. Karma had cared deeply for Xander, and because of it he did not know if the other would feel uncomfortable sharing such a bond. 'Maybe she's referring to a friendship bond,' he thought to himself, but wished for it not to be true. He would love to be more than that. Either way, he had pretended ignore it.

To Moraz's second question, he brought his head down slightly and pushed up his glasses. He had figured Xander had a similar question in mind, since the only other angel he had seen was Michael. And that was only for a few seconds before he had vanished. "They are very determined," he said simply, which was a massive understatement. All angels were trained to serve Heaven and it's will unconditionally. They were taught to die for their comrades, and to complete missions no matter what it took. Even if it meant killing innocents or sacrificing themselves for "the greater good". "They will do whatever it takes to do what is needed to be done. I'm sure Lucifer can attest to that." He held no emotion in his words, but it was clear that there was a certain edge to them. Karma had grown up to hating Satan, and saw nothing wrong with throwing a small throw in his direction every now and then. "I am curious as to why you both are in a high-angel-activity area. Especially out in the middle of the day. You can easily get caught."

Xanders mother looked pleasently surprised at the apology, obviously she wasn't expecting one. Not from an Angel at least. "He at least knows how to respect his elders, thats for sure." She muttered aprovingly. She smiled to herself, he was on her good side already, and so she wouldn't object he he was to get with her son. Xander on the other hand frowned. "dude..." He sighed "fine, but if it gets too much, tell me, okay? We'll leave ASAP. I can probably find them later." he said, confidently. "Besides, I would much rather you be comfortable than force you to be far out of your comfort zone." He said. and it was true. He would drop everything to make sure that Karma was happy and safe, that includes his family that be barely remembers. He wouldn't voice it then an there, but if he did never talk to his family, it wouldn't be too much strain on him seeing how be barely remembered them.

Xander watched as Karma answered his little brother's question, almost amused, and he felt himself relax knwong that Karma wasn't going to simply be a stick in the mud or attack his brother. If they started fighting, he wasn't sure what he'd do. At the question though, His mother chuckled, amused. "Let them catch us. We're not harming anyone, we're simply interested in their wares. think of it as... I think humans call it 'Tourism'?" She said and Xander chuckled. "Yep." He nodded. He tried to think. Bonds... Why did that sound familiar? Maraz poked his hip bone and he hummed. "What kind of Bonds exist?" Moraz asked and he gasped. That was a trigger. It seems Moraz knows exactly how to help to juggle his memory. "Hah" He grinned, ruffling the youngers hair. "There are 3 types of bonds, Romantic, platonic, and hatred. You can have romantic, platonic or both at the same time, but neither with Hatred. Platonic is often family, even if you're not related. Romantic can be seen as a Soulmate, with a romantic bond you're more likely to die than split. with both, It means that your bond is unbreakable. Its the strength of family and soulmates combined, and its unbreakable. Hatred is an easily formed bond, but its also easily breakable. But its strong and powerful while its formed. Thos ewith Hatred bonds mutually hate eachothers entire existance, and its considered that every Angel and Demon have a Hatred bond." He rambled off. He blinked.

"Its scary how I know stuff I didn't even know, did anyone understand what I just said?" He asked, much to Moraz's amusement and giggles. "Vikky has alwasy had an afinity for absorbing knowledge, so its no surpsie he rememberes something he forgot." He chuckled, and his mother spoke up. "Bonds are what some humans call 'the string of fate'. it effects everyone and everything, it exists but we can not see it. Its something you come to understand after knowing yourself to the point you can feel the bond between those you know. Before Thalvik was banished, he was learning how to center himself, a way to not only one of the best ways keep his head in a fight, but it also helps you come to understand yourself." His mother explained. Xander winced. "Ah, yeah, I... don't center myself often. Suppose I should learn." He chuckled, his mother nodded. "I'll forgive you since you are having memory issues, but every night, you are to meditate for 5 minutes undisrupted. In fact, with how behind you are, make it 15 minutes." She said and he naturally felt himself bow his head. "Yes mother." He he muttered, and he knew that if he didn't his mother might actually come and discipline him.

Xander then remembered, looking up. "Oh, do you guys have phone numbers?" He asked, much to Moraz's excitement. "Yes! they only work on the human world, but we have them!" He said, shoving his phone into Xanders hands. It was simple looking phone, nothing major. "It can play music and games, and it keeps me quiet so mother doesn't have to deal with me talking all the time." He said almost rambly and Xander laughed. "Thats great!" he grinned, imputing his phone number into the phone and memorising his brothers number for later, before givign the phone back. "There, my numbers in there. Call any time." He smiled, and Moraz cheered. He took his own phone and typed in Morazes number, saving it as 'LilBro'. "I wonder how much more I know without knowing." He wondered, much to both his mother and brothers amusement. "A fair amount. You read through almost the whole library back at home." Mother chuckled and Moaraz nodded. "I'm a slow reader, but I'm trying to catch up! Mum says that If I get to where you were at the end of the century, then I have a chance of being able to defend myself!" He said, and his mother nodded. "Knowledge is more dangerous than a sword after all." She smiled, almost knowingly.

care_less care_less

Karma felt slightly more relieved to see that Xander's mother did not instantly hate his guts. The last thing he needed keeping him up at night was the thought of the queen of Hell stabbing him in his sleep. He did however, sigh at Xander's persistence. Although he did appreciate his concern, he had wished that the other would not worry so much. In all fairness, his "spacing out" was probably not normal, even for an angel. But he hated to be a bother to Xander nonetheless. "I'm fine, really," Karma assured him. He was telling the truth, though he understood that it had sounded unbelievable. Maybe deep down he was lying, but it was so deep within himself that he did not even notice it. "We can talk about it later. You should catch up, first. This is much more important," he said in a quieter tone, almost like a whisper.

"There are some lower-level angels that will kill first and ask questions later when it comes to demons," Karma said in a darker tone. He was not worried that those angels would harm the two, for he knew that they were very capable of protecting themselves. But he had a good feeling that if the angels would attack them, that either of them would severely injure or kill them to keep themselves alive (more than likely Xander's mother than anyone else). And that would attract higher-class angels to hunt the two down as an act of revenge. "If attention is drawn to you, then attention will be drawn towards Xander," he says as he gave Xander a quick, yet serious glance. "I am sure he is a good fighter, but I will not risk him being in harm's way. I apologize if that sounds brash of me." His protectiveness had only proved more that the pair had shared a rather strong bond. Whether it was romantic or platonic, it was strong enough for both Xander and Karma to want to fight the entire world off it it meant protecting the other.

Karma was fairly familiar with the basic idea of bonds, for he was sure he had one with someone else. Of course, it was not platonic or romantic since he was not as friendly as he was to Xander or Bella to anyone else. But he had never thought that he could share one with Xander. He had assumed that Moraz and his mother were referring to their relationship to be platonic (for he could not tell that it was obvious the two had feelings for each other), and could not agree more. In fact, the thought that they had shared a bond of fate was reassuring. It meant that, as cheesy as it sounded, they were meant to be together.

When Moraz had asked for their number, Karma gave him a small nod as he happily pulled out his phone. Or, as happily as he could with a flat expression. He looked over Xander's shoulder when he typed in Moraz's number, and copied it into his phone book. Then, he sent his a text that stated very briefly:

[This is Karma.]

He then shoved his phone back into his pant pockets as he continued to listen to his friend's family.

Xander frown deepened. "We'll talk about this later, but You're just as important, if not more so, than my family." Xander said, a similar quiet tone but firm and refusing to take an awnswer that might disagree with what he just said. As such, Xander decided to stay near Karma a lot more, rather than flitting between all 3. Karma was more important to him, he'd follow the other to Heaven if he had to. And that might kill him, considering he was a Demon. Or part-demon, part-fallen Angel. And how that worked he had no idea. doesn't stop his point that he would find a way to get to heaven if it came down to it. He was pretty sure this was because of the Bond, but what kind of bond was it? He'd love for it to be a romanic bond, given his own interests, but he would be happy even if it was a platonic Bond, feelings be damned. If it was both, that would be great, since it'd be nigh unbreakable. He wasn't sure if there was a way to break normal bonds other than... time away from eachother to simply weaken the bonds, but for two bonds at once, he wasn't entirely sure.

"No, you're quite right. If Attention was drawn to me and Moraz, they would wonder if Moraz's brothers were here and would go looking." She said, nodding. "And please, you're simply protecting you friend, you two feel the same way towards eachother, so its only natural to be protective no?" She asked, much to Moraz's confusion. Moraz had to look from Karma and Xander back to his mother a few times before realization dawned on him and didn't say anything. Simply smiling. "Oh! Xander is a really good fighter! The only one he's ever lost to was Father, and that was because Father played dirty. In a way it taught Xander to play dirty, so it only made Xander stronger!" Moraz gushed. He loved talking about his brother and how good he was. "Oh! You should see him when he's fighting against someone who's as strong as him! He's normally so happy and smily, but in a fight he looks really serious and cool, and predicts everything out in his head! He's so cool!" He Gushed, and the whole time, Xander was getting more and more red in embarrassment while Moraz's eyes sparkled more and more.

"M-Moraz, thats enough." He said, awkwardly, rubbing his neck. "You're going to give Karma a bad impression. I can't remember how to fight." He said and his mother rolled his eyes with a light. "You don't need to know, I drilled everything you need know into you're very being. A fight should juggle some memories if you're truely worried." She said, looking almost annoyed that he talked down about himself. "You wouldn't be my son if you couldn't win a fight or two." She said, and Moraz nodded. "Yeah! Cause the Ag'dronniz family line is down to be proficent fighters! I'm... not great at fighting, but I can defend myself! And I'm learning! And it doesn't have to be a physical fight." He said, and his mother nodded, proud. She took pride in her family heritige, and was determined to make sure at least one of her sons could embrace the heritage. Her other two sons didn't care too much, they knew how to fight, but looked up to their father way too much. While Moraz and Thelvik were different. She wasn't sure what she did with her eldest and youngest that was different to her middle sons, but something was different.

But no matter, she was reunited with her eldest, even if he couldn't come back home. It was like he moved house. She could always visit, Angels be damned.

Moraz looked at his phone when Karma had messgaed him and he looked scared for a moment before inhaling and calming himself down. "Please, I beg of you, never say that again. I expected soemthing to come make me pay for doing something bad for a moment." He said and Xander raised an eye, looking over to the phone before laughing. "Oh, right , yeah, forgot than normal poeple who don't know Karma as a person, knows karma as the 'what goes around comes around'. Okay, thats funny." He laughedmuch to the dismay of his little brother. "Vikky!" He whined. Xander simply chuckled. "I'm too used to Karma to even really notice. But I can see why someone would think 'oh no' when they see somethign like 'This is Karma' and not think its from Karma, this guy." Xander grinned, nudging the Angel lightly.The younger Demon saved the number under 'Karma-VikBF', but made sure that Xander didn't notice.

"You know this is going to be awkward, since I now go by two names." He commented amused. "Thelvik and Xander." He hummed. "What does the name mean? Xander?" Moraz asked, and Xander grinned. "It just a shortened version of the full name 'Alexander' but the full name normally means I'm in trouble or its serious time, and 'Alex' is so boring. So Xander." He explained. "Does Thelvik mean anything?" He asked, legitimately curious. "Your father wanted to call you 'Zunith' or 'First born', but I put my foot down and said 'No' so we comprimised and called you 'Thelvik' a slightly butched version of Threl'vikk meaning 'Conqueror'" His mother explained and he blinked. "Alexander means 'to ward off, keep off, turn away, defend, protect' so no matter what, I'm either fighting or defending. I think I'm more of a Lover than a fighter, won't lie." He grinned.

care_less care_less

Karma did not know how to feel at the mention of being more important than Xander's own family. It was a bold statement, to say the least. He felt as if he should convince him otherwise. That his family should always prioritize over a friend such as himself. But he couldn't bring himself to do it, for it would have been hypocritical. Karma would have chosen Xander over his human and angel family within milliseconds, so there was no point in convincing his friend to not think the same. Xander had meant the world to him, so he was glad that his mother had understood why he was so protective of him. He did not downplay Moraz's comment on Xander's fighting ability, for he did not doubt it one bit. However, it did not make him change his mind. After all, stubbornness was a common trait between the pair.

The angel gave out a short, silent chuckle at Xander's small bit of embarrassment. He had figured that it would only take Xander a little push to get his muscle memory jogging again. Hence why he had brought up a training-like-fight earlier, so Xander could get a feel for his old self. Nor did it surprise him that his family was apart of a line full of fighters. Lucifer was a man of power. Of course he would be attracted to a demon line who supplied him of just that. He did however, feel a bit bad for Moraz. Even he could tell that he was naturally not a fighter. Sure he could probably defend himself, but Karma doubted that he would have been able to kill an enemy if it came to it. But he tried not to judge too harshly. He has only knew Moraz for five minutes. There could be an entirely different side to him that he knew nothing of.

As intelligent as Karma was, social situations were definitely not his strong suit. So he was completely oblivious when he had sent Moraz a text using only his nickname. When he had noticed his mistake in sending his accidental-threatening message, Karma had attempted to fix it by sending him another message:

[*Karamat ]

He was not used to giving out his first name, but he had allowed Moraz to be the exception. It was not that he had disliked his name, for he had always thought of it as a powerful one. It was a Muslim name meaning dignity and honor, and part of him wished to use it more often. But throughout his childhood, both teachers and his peers had a difficult time remembering it, and had always asked him for an alternative name to call him by. Thus, the name 'Karma' was born.

Karma was just beginning to relax when he felt something in the atmosphere suddenly switch. He couldn't tell if Xander or his family had felt it, but it had put him back on protective mode. He felt his eyes turn warm as his irises glowed a bright emerald green. "We should leave soon," he said in a low voice. He had figured that the lower-ranked angels would have at least waited for Xander and him to leave, seeing as they had still believed that his friend was a human. Or so he thought. He felt something incoming and before he could think, he stretched his hand out and grabbed at the air right behind Xander's neck. His eyes shifted over to see the he had caught an arrow made of pure light. The point was much too close to Xander's skin for comfort. In fact, he had noticed that the tip of the arrow had knicked the back of his neck. He could only tell this from the droplet of blood rising to the surface. If he was a millisecond too late, would Xander still be standing there? Would he have moved? Would his instincts kick in and save him?

"Are you okay?"

As cool as catching an arrow might have seen, it had burned his hand terribly. Touching pure holy light was like placing a hand in a blazing fire. The arrow itself felt like he was holding a piping hot metal rod. Holding it for only a few seconds made the smell of his cooking flesh flow into the air. Karma felt it burning through his epidermis, and dropped the arrow quickly. He covered his hand with his shirt and squeezed his wrist tightly as a way to mask the pain of his new wound.

Xander felt the change before he even recognised what was going on. Somethign was wrong, he looked to his mtoher who was already on guard, but Moraz was as obvious as he wouldbe. His senses wasn't as honed as his or his mother. His mother often like to attack him to keep him on his toes. Never to kill, but enough to shock him. But the fact that despite not remembering until the situation hit him, he knew that he was under attack, and was already looking around, ready to summon the sword if nessissary. It seemed Karma was just as intune, since the other wanted to leave. He didn't even get the chance to reply when he instantly felt himself move without prompting, already moving sword out as he naturally disapeared in reflex. Holy Light. That would have killed him, even if he was human. He heard his mother growl protectivly and he heard Moraz squeak, doing the same as him. Instantly he narrowed down, his mind already sharpening.

He was, however caught out of it when Karma asked if he was okay, and Xander looked at the Angel bewildered, comign out of his stealth-mode. "You caught an Arrow for me, and you ask if I'm okay? I don't care what you say, you saved my life right there, you're getting some kind of reward for that." He said. He'd cook something. He'd try and make a healthy meal for them, something nice. Maybe even sit next to him like a normal person, instead of leaning against the other as space-invasive as he was. But that was for later. He looked up, already knowing where the arrow came from. His sword morphed into a crossbow, and he was already taking a shot. An Arrow of pure demonic Energy launched at his attackers at full speed. His mother was already trying to tend to Karma, looking more concerned one should think the queen of hell should have for an Anegl. But she didn't give any kind of damn, this Angel hurt himself to protect and save her sons life. She took his hand gently, wincing at the risidual energy. She didn't know any Angel-friendly healing spells, but she can still help.

A Mutter of words and she casted a spell. It shouldn't effect the Angel what-so ever, as it was a simple pain-numbing spell that wasn't even made by Demons, but rather a witch who simply tried to create healing spells. It slowed the process of what was happening, which would help aliviate pain until they could fix what was wrong. "Its the best we can do for now, I don't want to risk hurting you with Demonic Magic. That simple spell shouldn't effect you. " She said concerned. She looked up at the Angels, her eyes going dark, and showing the more Demonic side of her. Humans wouldn't be able to see the apendages that grew from her back, her wings being skeletal, and attached with what looked like thin leather. It looked worn in some areas, and some areas had scars, but they were intact and she looked Rightfully Dangerous.

"These three are under my protection, who dares attempt on their lives? If you wish to be spared, come out. Thelvik, Moraz, Karma, behind me. *Now*" She comanded, her voice not allowing anyone to say anythign against her, as she stood tall and proud, protective and ready to fight. Xander obediently moved behind her. He instantly took Karmas hand that hurt him. "Shit, that doesn't look good." He said, and he couldn't contain the growl. Anger. Karma got hurt because of some Angels attemping his life. Someone hurt Karma trying to hurt him. the thought made him see red, but he used Karma to keep him grounded. He raised the hand, gently kissing the lightly blistering skin. Childish, probably wouldn't work, but he felt himself doing what his mother would do when he was hurt. "I don't ever want you getting hurt becuase of me again." He said, almost darkly. "If whoever comes out, I want to fight the one who tried to kill me. Those who try assassination from far away are cowards. If they're gunning for a fight, they should face their death with some dignaty." He growled out, Karma being the only thing keeping him from going into a rage and tracking down whoever tried to hurt the one he loved.

"Vikky? uh, Xander? Per-perhaps you should try and stay calm. Center youself." Moraz reminded and he inhaled, rocking back slightly, and while he still looked livid and ready to end someone, he didn't look like he was going to go nuts. "Your right. Getting angry will just cause a bloody mess." He said, and a dark smile stretched across his face. "I need to stay calm to make someone feel the pain they've inflicted ten times over." He said, bluntly. Moraz came out of his invisibility looking worried almost scared. "You're scary when you get protective." He whined and Xander sighed, trying to quell the anger in his chest. "Sorry, kiddo. I forgot you're sensitive like that." he appologised, ruffling the smallers hair. Being called scary seemed to drag him out of his Anger-haze.

care_less care_less

The pain of his blistering hand made his world go numb for a moment. In a time like this, he would have spread out his wings and fly up to get the upper ground. But he was still somewhat in public, and was not wanting his wings to rip open his shirt and sweater. Walking around half way naked was not on his list to do. He had reached his other hand behind his head and pulled out a roll of white bandages from thin air. Which was done in a similar manner as he had done his dagger that same morning. He knew that it was probably best to have it cleaned out first, but Karma didn't have time for that now. What he could tell was that there were two angels above them trying to strike down his best friend. He needed to wrap himself up as best as he could to keep it from happening again. Karma did not waste time to wrap the bandage around his hand. He would have to ignore the pain for now.

Karma had been halfway finished with wrapping the wound when Xander's mother had grabbed his hand. He took in a shaky breath as he felt the bandages press against the burn, and tried to stop himself from making a noise by biting on the inside of his cheek. Luckily for him, he did not have to endure it for too long. The pain from his burn had slowly began to melt away. He would have thought of it as strange on how quick the pain had left, but it was not his first time using such a spell. He also knew that it was temporary, so he gave the queen an affirmative nod before finishing up his wrapping.

Not wasting a second, Karma followed her command and moved behind her. He knew that he could handle himself, but now wasn't the time for him to get overly confident. He would not hear the end of it if he had tried to defend themselves from the angels. He hadn't noticed until Xander had grabbed it that his hand was shaking. This was definitely not his worst injury, but it was the first one he had in a while. Karma shook off his concern as he moved his hand to keep him from worrying. "I'm fine. We should go," he insisted. As much as he wanted to help Xander's mother, he had a good feeling that she could carry herself just fine. "If she kills or severely injures one of them, I have no choice but to come after her and I'm 95 percent sure she'll completely ruin me," he says as he watched the two male angels land in front of her. Both holding identical silver daggers, and moving forward as if ready to strike.

"If you want, you can stay here," Karma says while adjusting his glasses. "But I need to leave before this fight escalates any further."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (whoop just made this shortttttttt)

Kelixa stared the Angels down, unflinchingly, as she summoned her sweapon, a long elegent Rapier. "If I'm not mistaken, Angels should be killing Demons who try and distrup the peace. Tell me, are you going to try and kill us who are doing no harm? And do you think you can even win? Assassination is crude and inaffective against those who have the instincts to avoid it. Explain yourselves, before I get angry." She said. The Rapier being out was simply a responce to the knives. "You should be thankful I haven't killed you on the spot for trying to kill my son and hurting my sons friend." She warned. "But you are testing my patience." She warned. "As a warning, I do not reccomend fighting me. I fight until you surrender, so if you want to leave this place with your lives intact, I suggest you got the more peaceful route." She suggested. She wasn't being hostile, defensive sure, but not hostile. She was ready to fight back, but wasn't planning to attack. Anyone with any common sense would know she wasn't an active threat.

Xander nodded, agreeing instantly. "Lets go. Moraz, you have my number, stay quiet." He said ot the younger Demon who disapeared, probably sue to the nerves and tense situation. Xander grabbed Karma's unhurt hand hoping that his invisibility spell wasn't demonic enough to effect the Angel. "We can go shopping some other time." He said quietly, holding the other's hand tightly as he let his magic pass over the pair of them as he escaped with the Angel. "Don't let go, we're both invisible." He mentioned. "I'd fly but I don't think right now is a good test for my wings." He chuckled. He looked back at his Mother who was glaring with the heat of a thousand suns, Rapier in hand looking ready to fight. He knew that his mother wouldn't try to kill the Angels, probably only keep them away from Moraz. He chuckled at the '95 percent'.

"She'd rip you to shreds without any hesitation if it'd come down to it. I don't remember much, but I'm damn sure that even I wouldn't want to fight her." He chuckled. "lets... Lets go home. We can order clothes online." He asked. they were far enough away from the scene, but he didn't really feel comfortable shopping when an Angel had tried to kill him if it wasn't for Karma. "Would Demonic healing help? Since its Divine? I know Demonic magic will hurt Angels, but would it even out the divine?" He asked, unsure. He wasn't sure if it would work, and he didn't want to risk it without Karma's permission. If one looked at it as a set of numbers, Divine being +1 and Demonic being -1, if Divine magic meant to do harm was a bunch of +1's wouldn't healing Demonic Magic be a bunch of -1's and even it out? "I can just re-cast the spell mum used. I know that one, and I might know a more powerful one, but I can't remember it off the top of my head." He said. "I can drive, I don't want you using your hand if we can help it. I promise I wont break the car." He chuckled.

They were still invisible, still holding hands, but he was gently tugging the other to the parking lot. If the Angel was still willing to shap, that was fine, but he would much rather leave. BEsides, he wasn't sure if he could hold himself back if he saw the Angel who hurt Karma.

care_less care_less

Luckily for the both of them, Xander's invisibility power had not harmed the angel. So the pair were able to slip away from the fight scene without anymore difficulties. He would have offered to fly the two home, but it was probably safer if they had drove back instead. They were trying to stay hidden from both angels', demons', and humans' line of sight. Flying in the middle of the say would to have helped either of them. Plus, how would Karma be able to bring Xander along with an injured hand. Sure, the angel had some supernatural strength to him, but not enough to carry Xander home with only one hand. "It's fine. You're doing enough," he assured him, for it was the truth. Once they had arrived to Karma's car, he had released his hand so he could hand Xander his keys. He had felt bad for allowing Xander to drive them, but knew that he shouldn't push past his limits and worsen his injury.

When the demon had brought up demonic healing, he had shook his head quickly as he slid into the passenger seat of his car. "No, that wouldn't work. I'll live, Xander," he insisted as he had already felt his burn wound begin to itch and throb again. Now that they were not outside and in an easily high infectious area, Karma had decided that it would be best to remove the bandages to let his skin breathe. He gritted his teeth in pain as he felt the fabric peel off of his skin. "We should stop off at a drug store," Karma breathed out as he stared down at the blistering, inflamed hand. "I need to treat this before this could get infected." He was trying his best to compose himself, and he was surprised at how well he was doing. His instinct was to scream and curl up into the seat as he begged for Xander's help, but he knew how unproductive that would be. Out of the two of them, Karma was the medical professional. As much as he trusted Xander, he had doubted that he would know what was needed to be done at the heat of the moment.

"When we get there, you need to buy Tylenol, a triple antibiotic cream, cold bottled water, and a cloth." Just as he had finished his list, he had felt his phone buzzing in his back pocket. He used his free hand to pull it out only to see that his mother was calling. "Bloody-" out of all the times, his mother had decided that now was the best time to call. Karma gave out a long, frustrated sigh. Then, he forced himself to perk up and answered the phone. "Mum? You wanted to talk?" He was trying to sound calm, though it was incredibly difficult when his entire right hand was in complete agony.

"A-Ah, would you mind if this waited...No, I understand...Yes, I already took all of my stuff...Come back?" Karma felt his pain level increase along with his stress. He tightened his unharmed hand into his fist and pressed it against his forehead. His leg was shaking, and he was having a hard time containing himself. "Can we talk about this later? I burnt myself on the stove and I'm on the way to the ER-no, you don't need to come with...okay, I'll talk to you later..." He hung up the phone and dropped it in his lap. His mother had just suggested for him to return home and apologize to his father, instead of admitting that both of them were in the wrong. He was stressed enough, and his human parents were not helping him.

Xander nodded at the instructions, going over them in his head while getting the Car going and driving away from the Mall. He knew that the cream would help, same with the water bottle and cloth, he'd get 3 bottles just to make sure. He wasn't familiar with Tylenol. He'd ask, but he could tell that Karma was in pain, and he knew the spell to help, but doing that and driving car at the same time was dificult. So he waited until he had to stop at a Red light, but when Karma's mother had called, so he was at a loss for a moment before thinking on his feet. He reached over and quickly took Karma's wrist on his burnt hand to pull it over closer to him before applying the Pain-relief spell. This one was silent, as was Xander's MO was to get every spell he knew non-verbal so he didn't have to worry about being heard.In this situation, the silent spell was useful to not be detected by phone and thus, Karma's mother. The Light turned green, and he wasted no time getting the Car back into motion. He wasn't speeding, Karma would actually try to hurt him if he did, but he wasn't being cautious or slow. As soon as the other dropped the phone call he spoke up.

"We really should take you to the ER first." He suggested. "The hospital isn't too far, and I can keep the pain at bay." He offered. He was still going to follow Karma's instructions of getting the medication. "I know you're a medical expert, and you can take care of yourself, but that really doesn't look good." He said, worried. he sighed and lighly grumbled. "What did your mother want? If you need to vent, go ahead, we're kind of stuck here together in the car for a while now anyway." He chuckled, knowing how stressful the others human parents were. Luckily the Angel wouldn't have to deal with them for too long. "And if you need the pain taken away, just let me know." He added. He knew the lightest pain-relief spell that only lasted a minute or two silently, but others he couldn't remember the actual words. "Its only going to last a few minutes, just so you're aware. I know I can do a stronger one, but I can't remember off the top of my head." He said.

He was starting to ramble, his nervous tick. It kept him calm, to voice his thoughts. But knew that it was stressful for his friend, and he wished he could help. Help take away the pain, help heal the burn, help the other with his parents, he wanted to help more. But he knew that he was already helping enough as it was, and that it was apreciated, but he couldn't help but want to help more. He just hated seeing Karma in pain or distressed, and this situation was not kind to him. He stopped at the superdrug store, turning to Karma, taking the hand and applying the pain-relief. It has been a few minuites since he had applied it after all. "That should last while I'm inside, I'll be as quick as I can, I promise." He promised, reaching up to run his fingers through Karmas hair soothingly before getting out of the car and popping into the store.

There, he grabbed the cloth and water bottle, as well as the antibiotic cream. A 16-year old was at the front and he smiled charmingly. "Hey, uhh, do you have Tylenol?" He asked and the kid sighed, checking. He looked like he didn't want to be there, but he checked anyway. "Ya, we have it. All of that will be..." he checked some things "15 quid." He said and Xander nodded, giving over the money, taking the items put into a pag and smiled. "Thank you!" He smiled, making his way out and jogging over to the car and hopping back in. "3 bottles of water, you never know, cloth, the antibiotic cream and the painkillers. I didn't realise Tylenol was a pain kiler, I'm sure I have some ibuprofen at home." He suggested. he was facing Karma, not having turned the car on just yet, anything I can help with?" He asked, concerned.

care_less care_less

He was grateful that Xander had his memory jogged enough to remember the numbing spell, for it had defitently helped him deal with the pain. Karma had a pretty high pain-tolerance. He had never cried or screamed whenever he had gotten injured, or barely made a noise at that. Even as a child, which was probably because the boy was not human. But that did not make his wound hurt any less. So it was a relief for the pain to slip away, even if it was only for a little while. His eyes tried to focus elsewhere, and found themselves on the car window. He hadn't noticed that his eyes were still glowing until he had saw his reflection. It did not worry him too much, for he had figured that if a human had saw him they would have guessed it to be contacts. He did force them off regardless, and returned to his normal pale green eyes.

At the mention of a hospital, Karma almost laughed as he shook his head. "The emergency room? No, that won't be necessary," he pushed off. He quickly realized that he shouldn't have spoken in that manner. He could tell that Xander was worried, and should not play it off as if he wasn't. Now that he thought about it, this was Xander's first time seeing him injured. Sure, he had a few bruises and scratch marks when his brother would beat him up, but it was never anything serious. He should have been more empathetic. "Angels heal quicker than humans. As long as it doesn't get infected, it shouldn't be more than a few hours before it will completely heal over," Karma assured him as he leaned his head back.

"She was asking if I could come over for dinner and apologize to my father," he muttered. He was still bitter of how he had acted the night before. Karma and Xander had brought up good points. Karma has never stepped out of line once, yet the moment he stood up for himself he had been punished and humiliated. It had hurt him more than he would have liked to admit, so it was difficult to forgive him so suddenly. Yet, he could not hold a grudge towards him forever. So he took a moment to breathe before coming to a conclusion. "They are supposed to be eating at five, so would you mind clipping my hair before I go over?" he asked with a sigh. It was better for him to get on his parents' good side while he could before tomorrow. Their plan for saving Bella was still on the table, and he did not want to risk it by allowing his feelings to get in the way.

When they had arrived to the market, the pain had begun to arise again. Luckily, Xander took no time to reapply the spell and thus kept him from being too uncomfortable. Karma did not respond to the other with anything else but a nod. Instead, he moved his eyes back towards his hand and kept them there until Xander left. That was until he had returned. "Go ahead and wet the cloth with the water. When you're ready start cleaning out the burn," he says as he opened one of the other bottled water and grabbed two of the pills from the pain-killer box. He popped the pills into his mouth, and swallowed it with some water. Hoping that it would work soon, as the pain was already rising again and did not want Xander wasting his energy by continuously giving him spells.

Xander relaxed when Karma said the Emergancy room wasn't nessissary, and relaxed more at the knowledge the Angels healed faster. It also explained a bit about himself. "Oh, so that explains why I heal faster." He said in understanding, his worries ebbing away. Don't get him wrong, he was still concerned and worried, but he didn't feel the need to be frantic as he originally felt. It was good that Karma wasn't in dire need of serious medical attention, other than the pain-numbing spell. He hummed in thought. He'd have to text Moraz and ask for the incantation that let the painkiller spell last longer than a few minutes. He was sure there was spells, they just were a lot more annoying or complex to cast. At the mention of Karmas Father he had to bit back a growl, a small noice making its way out of the back of his throat anyway indicating some slight annoyance.

"Apologise for what, wanting basic human decency?" He grumbled. "Do you want me to join? I don't mind barging in and making a fuss for you." He suggested. "gives me a reason to call him out for his toxic behaviour. Though to be fair, that is probably because of a possible demon being in the house effecting them. But still." He rambled slightly. At the mention of Karma's hair and cutting it he chuckled. "You know, I keep meaning to mention that, last night, this morning, but something has happened and It slipped my mind. Sure, but I think long hair would suit you though. You should think about growing it out." He suggested. He was thinking of maybe growing his own out, seeing his mothers long silver hair looks cool, but he liked his fluffy hair. It was like his human mother, who was gorgeous with her short but poofy chestnut brown hair. well, he can get a haircut sometime soon, he had no need for it right now.

Xander nodded at the instructions, wetting the cloth as best as he could. once sufficently dampened, he gently grabbed the burnt hand, casting the pain-relief spell to keep as much pain at bay as much as possible. Gently he started cleaning out the red areas. Some areas looked like they were going to blister, the red area around the edge of the hand looked more dry so obviously it probably healed quicker taking less damage. He tried his best to be gentle, and as soon as he picked up any discomfort from the other, he casted the pain-relief spell. Despite casting multiple spells, he didn't feel as drained as the Angel was expecting. He was subconciously aware of how much magic he had and how much he could use, and he was pretty confident he could keep going most of the day.

Once as cleaned as he possibly could he took the antibiotic cream, and put a small dolop on his finger. He remembered accidentally burning himself once, and his mum said that burns only needed a small amount of 'magic ointment' as she called it back then, for them to heal properly. So he followed his mums insrtuctions, gently spreading the ointment over the burned areas, It was looking more like a severe 1st degree burn rather than a 2nd degree burn, and he put that to the Angels healing abilities. he hummed in thought, cocking his head ot the side. "I'd say we should get bandages, but I'm sure we have some at home. It would be weird to show up to a house for dinner with a fine hand when you said you were going to the emergancy room with a burn." he hummed. "For now, though, I think untill those painkillers set in I can keep the pain away. We should get you a snack, painkillers work best with food." He hummed thoughtfully, getting ready to drive again.

care_less care_less

Xander seemed more upset by his parents' inanity actions than Karma was. He supposed it was reasonable. Karma could not see how terrible they had been to him, nor its effects on his mentality. But Xander did. As a child, he was never as serious as he was now. In fact, he was very much excitable and jovial. It was how him and Xander had became friends to begin with. That was until he grew older, and his cheerful self began to fade away. Sure, he was always a stickler for following the rules, but it was never to the point of becoming a bore. After all, the only thing Xander had needed to do was a long 'Please' and he was his. Maybe it was the stress of his human family that wore him down, or the responsibility of being a warrior of God? It did not matter, for it had drained the boy of all his wonder. The worst part about it was that he had not noticed his change at all.

"It's best if you didn't," he responded with a stern tone in his voice. The same one a father might give if he was scolding his child. "We need them to trust me again. This is for Bella, not me. I can manage a few hours of putting on a face." His eyes moved out towards the car window. Looking out towards the rushing buildings passing by as he gave out another sigh. Eventually closing his eyes to show a moment of exhaustion. He could not tell if it was from his energy spent to heal up his burn or from mental fatigue. Either way, he was tired. "They'll be dead soon, anyways." His head leaned against the window. He was tempted to lean into the demon's hand at the feeling of his fingers through his hair. It felt familiar and calming, but he did not bother to move. The angel stopped speaking until they had reached the drug store.

Karma new that feeling water on the wound would've burned, but that did not make it hurt any less. He silenced himself from making any noise by biting down onto his knuckle. He forced himself to look away and give himself a moment to breathe when Xander had created another pain-numbing spell. It had gave him space to relax and come back to his senses. At the mention of bandages, he remembered the roll he had summoned earlier and reached for his back pocket. Pulling out a thin roll of white bandages, he handed it to Xander. "That should be enough to wrap it," he says as he adjusted his round glasses with his other hand. "I'll take it off after my dinner with them. Even if my hand is completely healed by then, that should keep them from growing suspicious."

Once he was sure that his hand was taken care of, he hurried back into the passenger's seat. He buckled himself up, leaned back, and closed his eyes again. God, has this been a long day. Curiously, he opened his right eye and turned on his phone to check the time.

[13:10]

'Shit, it's barely past one,' he thought to himself as he plopped his hand back onto his lap. It was only the afternoon and Karma was ready to call it a night. He still had his meeting with Michael to attend, which he was definitely not looking forward to. He was not excited about explaining why his best friend was a demon, and could only imagine what he was going to say to him. That brought up a thought to mind. It made Karma open his eyes again and look to Xander. "What would we do if I have orders to kill you?" he asked suddenly. Usually that was a question he would allow to settle in the back of his mind to contemplate over. But this was a different situation, as it was highly plausible for it to happen. "Would we part ways?"

Xander frowned, but nodded anyway. "Alright. but Promise me. If it gets too much for you handle, do not hesitate to come home or call me. This is for Bella, but you shouldn't just ignore yourself for her sake either. Bella wouldn't want that." He said, almost upset. He knew that Bella wouldn't want her older brother upset or in pain for her sake. Bella was too kind and gentle to wish harm on others, in a way, it reminded him of Moraz. He wondered if Moraz would like to be a babysitter? Thoughts for a later day, or just later on in general. He realised after a moment of silence that the other wasn't going to give him an answer, which he didn't mind and even expected with Karma and his family. It just made him hate Karma's family bar Bella even more.

He took the bandages and nodded, gently wrapping the burns. Not tight enough to be uncomfortable on the burns, but firm enough that it wouldn't unravel at the lightest tug. "That was my thoughts exactly. We don't want them knowing anything is different until the last possible second. Still think you can take Bella out after dinner?" He asked, concerned. He knwe htat the Angel would probably say yes, that he was fine and he could do it. He just wished Karma could look after himself just a bit more. He internally sighed, knowing he had a lot of bad habits to kick out of Karma. What would it take to get the other to see reason? He could only hope nothing drastic. H pulled away from the Pharmacy and started the car and headed home. It was a 5 minute trip now to get home.

At the questions, he felt... he wasn't sure actually. He didn't feel as worried as his friend was because he knew that the other wouldn't kill him. But he refused to part ways with the angel after all this time. "Well, one of us can play dead. Pretend to die and hide away. It would suck but it would meant that we wouldn't have to part." He said. "But i don't think it would come to that, Just explain that I'm banished. What kind of Demon out to get humanity is banished from hell, willingly living with an Angel, tyring to help and save a human, and hasn't hurt a single person in 1 and a half decades?" he asked, feeling sort of confident. but, his dad did say that no one used his logic or way of thinking, so the posibility of the other Angels just not giving a shit and just going red over the word 'demon' is a high posibility. Which is stupid because you can't control yourself properly if you let way to your emotions, but he digressed.

"I wont lie though, I'm very willing to stab whoever thinks that they can just get us to split apart or even get one of us killed. Do not give a rats ass who it is, I've ben with you too long to just up and leave now. Besides, who'd take care of you when you have a mental breakdown? Bella is too young to know how to help you." he rationalised, serious. He didn't care if it was an Angel, an ArchAngel or God itself, he was very willing to stab whoever thought could pry Xander from Karma. The thought of being forced to leave Karma... made his blood boil almost. But he was rational, he wouldn't give into fury just like that. Turning the fury into fuel. Into determination. It would only make him stronger in the end.

If he could be strong enough to protect him and Karma? That was enough for him.

care_less care_less

Karma gave Xander a small nod in response, but no words. As much as he was on shaky grounds, the angel still had a leveled head on him. He was still the quick smart-ass that he had always been. Karma would never purposely put himself in danger just for the sake of doing so. How logical would that be? Sure, if there was a bullet aiming towards Xander or Bella, he would do anything in his power to protect them. But he wasn't going to run straight towards the gunman! He would more than likely distract or convince them out of shooting before he'd do that, for there was a better chance of his family surviving that way. The same rule had applied here. Karma wouldn't dare to put anyone around him at risk, including himself. After all, how useful would he be if he was gravely injured or dead?

He flexed his hand softly once his hand was wrapped just to make sure it was on tight enough. After confirming that Xander had done a decent enough job, he let out a sigh of relief. 'Good,' he thought to himself as he leaned back into his seat. 'That's one less thing to worry about.' Grabbing his cell phone from beneath him, Karma unlocked the screen and stared for a moment. His eyes focusing on his latest outgoing call labeled "Mum". "I'm not sure if they will let me take her out of the house if they are eating dinner at home. I'll convince them to let me take her out tomorrow for the day. I'm sure that after having a single day of actually taking care of her must be exhausting. Especially if they are demons. They should be more than happy for me to take her out of their hair." He took another breath before calling his mother up again. He brought the phone to his ear and waited for a moment, then spoke with a lighter tone.

"Hey, I'm sorry I left like that...Yeah, I'll be able to make it...Yes, I'll apologize to him...No, no Xander won't be coming...sure...alright, I'll show up at half past seven then...I'll talk to you soon."

When he hung up, he adjusted his glasses again. "Tomorrow, I want you to keep one alive," he says darkly. Just earlier Karma was a bit weary about killing his brother and parents, but after hearing the demon itself his perspective had shifted. "I don't care which one you pick. When you're ready, call me. I'll be there to finish up."

Xander's response had helped reassure himself that what they were doing was the right thing. As much as he had hated to admit it, a part of him had thought that it would be best to distance himself from him. Maybe that would keep him safer. But after listening to his friend, a grin crept onto Karma's lips. As long as they had each other's backs, they would be fine. Xander was the son of Lucifer. He could protect him, and vice versa. Karma had trained his entire life for this. If anything was going to happen to the other, they would not go down without a good fight. "Just making sure we were on the same page>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back