• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

Xander was definitely right. Being human did come with the unbearing amount of emotions and mental blockages. He wouldn't be able to truly experience this now, but he was already getting a small understanding of it. When he had first realized that he had liked Xander, he remembered only getting slightly nervous around him. He could only recall a few times when he would hide himself or feel his heart pound, but that was only when Xander was purposely trying to do so. Right now, Xander was barely even looking at him while they were DATING, and Karma was become anxious again. His heart was pounding, his body becoming hot. He looked down to his hands to see that they were even shaking. He had never gotten like that since he was at most ten. Were all humans like this? Did they get almost sick when they were around someone they truly liked? Did they sweat over nervousness like he was? "Yeah...I suppose I judged humans too harshly," he says as he recalled every time he rolled his eyes and complained to Xander of the human behavior.

"I just..." his sentence trailed off as he tried to find the right words. He was starting to experience empathy. All those times Xander was pushed off coldly whenever he craved such affection was starting to get to him. Did he make him feel lonely? Did he make him upset? Almost instantly he felt a tinge of panic. It was unreasonable for sure. His brain was moving too fast. But he couldn't see reason. Not with his doubts in the way. "I'm sorry...for all the times I pushed you away." He looked down at his lap sadly. "Whenever you just...you know...wanted a hug or to talk something out, and I just ignored you. I wish I could better understand how to let you in." He found it difficult now to meet his gaze, but forced himself to. He adjusted his glasses again, this time with a shaky hand, then smiled softly at him. "I do love you, Xander. A lot. I suppose I just have a difficult time telling you that."

When Xander had insisted on using the car radio, Karma laughed softly before waving away the option. He had never cared much for music. Unlike many people, listening to anything other than silence made it difficult for Karma to think. He would much prefer the quiet than anything else. "I'm fine. I'm sure I'm going to fall asleep, anyways," he says shortly after a yawn. It was barely thirty minutes of being a human, and the male was already in need of a nap. He listened to his boyfriend list off the different activities the amusement park had in-stored for them. It was difficult not to smile at how excited Xander sounded. Unlike Xander, Karma had never visited any exciting attractions as a child. He was from a family of introverts who all prefered staying inside rather than attend a noisy, crowded park. "You're the expert, Xander. It's probably best if I followed your lead." Things like roller coasters or water rides never really fascinated him. After all, he could fly higher and faster than any of those rides combined. But now with his wings gone, he wouldn't flex his lost ability. Plus, he didn't want to bum Xander down by declining all of his ideas.

The moment Xander apologized for speaking too much, Karma waved him off again as another yawn slipped. He loved to hear the other speak. After all, Karma was more of a listener than a speaker. He reclined in his seat and got himself comfortable. He could feel the urge to fall asleep overtake him. His eyes beginning to droop, his limbs becoming heavy. But he wanted to speak to Xander just a little bit more before he finally slipped into his dreamland. "Don't apologize. I love hearing your voice," he said in almost a dreamy fashion. "It's relaxing to hear you speak. Makes me feel safe." His last two sentences were most likely from the result of a tired mind. For on any other occasion, he wouldn't have admitted that. He closed his eye as he gave out a long sigh. He wished he could hold Xander's hand. So he lifted his heavy eyelid slightly to see where Xander's free hand was. Once he spotted it, Karma moved his fingers in between Xander's and locked their hand. Satisfied, he closed his eye again. "Go on," he insisted in a murmur. "Keep talking."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

To say Xander expected the apology would be a lie. Xander was expecting Karma to complain or be confused over the roll of emotions he was feeling, not appologise for brushing him off when they were younger. Be blinked, thankful they they had stopped at a light so he could really look at Karma in almost confusion, before he smiled. "Kamra, I've known you for around 15 years. If I didn't know exactly what I was walking into when I both had a crush, and fell in love with you, I could be considered legally dead because I'd be too dumb to survive." He said, grinning in amusement. "I knew that you were.... emotionally challenged, to say the least, so I wasn't surprised or offended when you brushed me off. Besides, I knew that you did genuinely care for me, otherwise you'd have left me alone and let me flounder with my studies, or not both when I got too heated over something. At least let this be an experience to remember, yeah?" He offered, a gentle smile to encourage the other.

"Well take a nap if you're tired. The themepark will be... exciting to say the least, so you'll need your energy." He chuckled. He planned a few rides, but he'll have to re-adjust his ideas if Kamra is so sleepy. Perhaps its his lack of sleep getting to him? Karma often overworked himself, so Xander wouldn't be surprised if his now-human body just decided to take a nap then and there. Hell, He'd probably encourage it. Xander liked sleeping, so why wouldnt't he want someone eto enjoy sleeping as well?

Safe? He looked at Karma only to notice how tired the other was. Well, he supposed that an Angel would never feel the human limits and would therefore become tired. that and there was the dealing with pain, loss of an eye, and stress and Karma's human body simply wasn't used to it. Oh boy. He smiled, Letting Karma hold his hand even though he needed both for driving safely. He managed to park to the side of a road, and watched Karma sleep. Or at least slowly fall into dreamland. "Alright then." He grinned, and proceeded to talk about his previous experience in brean. The rides he went on, the shenanigans he got up to, the weird friendships he had made with people he'd never meet again, almost like he was a child again.He kept talking until he could hear the quiet snores that wern't quite snores coming from his boyfriend.

Some would get angry or annoyed, if their significant other fell asleep while you were talking, but Xander could only feel his heart melt. Karma was untrusting, always on edge. So for Karma to fall asleep in your presence? Even as a very tired human, that still made Xander feel a flurry of emotions in his chest. He leaned over and gave a gentle kiss to Karmas forehead, whispering sweet dreams, before pulling away. As much as he didn't want to, he had to pull his hand free, which was a struggle to do on the account that Karma had a tight grip, He didn't want to wake Karma up, and he didn't want to let go of Karma's hand anyway. Finally free, and making sure that his boyfriend was strapping in correctly, he continued the drive to the park. Not a long drive, but it was getting close to evening when the arrived. He parked in a car-space, and now offically free from driving duty, he took Karma's hand back, and deciding to watch Karma sleep. Okay so, a little bit creepy, but when your boyfriend is as cute and hot as Karma was, you'd want to apreciate it as much as you could too.

care_less care_less

At the comment of being "emotionally challenged", Karma let out a short snort. Xander wasn't wrong, but his phrasing made it sound more insulting than simply stating. Emotionally challenged, huh? Perhaps he could use that to insult someone else later. He was glad to hear that Xander had not held any grudges against his inability to emote. He didn't really expect him to. After all, Xander wasn't necessarily good at keeping his feelings to himself. If he was upset at Karma, he was sure that it would've been obvious. But it was reassuring to hear so straight from the horse's mouth. "Thank you. Let's just hope this will be a good experience to remember," he mumbled. So far, being human wasn't too terrible. But Karma reminded himself that the pair still had a long ways to go. After all, they were humans for only twenty minutes now.

As Karma drifted off to his dreamland, his grip on Xander's hand loosened. So it wouldn't be too difficult to slid his hand away. Plus, it turned out that human Karma was a heavy sleeper. As an angel, he could wake up easily and at any moment (unless Xander placed a light spell on him). Although his body needed sleep, it was still well below the average a regular human required. Karma could sleep for five hours, work tiredlessly for four days, then collapse and repeat the cycle. It wasn't ideal, but it was how most of his weeks went. But as a human, he felt as if he could sleep for days on end. The only reason he had woken up now was from the sudden growl of his stomach. Humans can become hungry while they napped? How strange. Waking up was a different experience as well. Karma has fallen asleep multiple times in a car as a child, but he has never had aches in his body the way he did now. His neck and left ribcage felt sore, and he had a headache that pounded against his skull. As if someone had shoved a massive, beating heart into his head. His eye fluttered open. He did not feel graceful in the slightest, especially so when he realized that Xander had been staring at him. "Where are we?" he asked groggily. Karma moved his hand to push up his glasses, only to realize that the frame was crooked. "Shit," he cursed as he removed them from his face. He must've slept too hard on a one side, and bent it out of place.

Forgetting that he did not have access to holy magic, he tried fixing them by pressing his fingers firmly onto the frame. When he removed his fingers, he was disappointed to see that his glasses were still broken. "Being human so far has not been enjoyable," he said plainly. With an achy body, a blind right eye and a blurry left eye, it was safe to say that this would be a long journey for the poor angel. He turned to look over Xander with a sigh. At least Xander seemed happy. "I suppose we should check out a room," he mumbled. Then again, he felt his stomach grumble. Although this time, he was sure that it was loud enough for Xander to hear. "...and maybe get dinner."

Karma left the vehicle and instantly stretched. Why did all of his muscles ache? Why are humans so easily uncomfortable? He looked up at the park in the distance. Its roller coasters and building lights twinkling against the darkening sky. It was beautiful. Karma was surprised by his own awe. Was he actually caring about his environment? Once Xander was out of the car too, he couldn't help but to give him a warm smile. It was small and shy, but it was enough to know that Karma was happy. "You know...this was a good choice to spend our human vacation," he mentioned to Xander. He opened the trunk to gather half of their belongings, while Xander grabbed the other half. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep while you were talking earlier. Did you mention where you wanted to visit first?" he asked as he made his way to the hotel. "We don't need to do everything tonight, but it would be nice to do something besides staying trapped in our room."

Watching Karma wake up, obviously confused and not used to what its like sleeping and waking up, was entertaining to watch. As someone who had to possess and thus, feel, every ache in every nook and cranny for the past 15 years, he knew exactly how the Angel was feeling. "At the park, my love." He awnswered the question and he couldn't help but chuckle at the comment about being human not being enjoyable. "Humans are fragile. Being human sucks, but it does come with its own benefits. You'll see soon enough~" He grinned, gently taking the glasses. He saw his dad do this before, so he gently but firmly tried to bend them back into shape. It wasn't perfect, but they should last until they got their powers back. "We can get them fixed later. Don't worry, I'll protect you. I'm you're eyes today." He grinned. "Worst comes to worst, I just sweep you off your feet, kiss you senseless and take you home." He shrugged. Not a bad Idea, but he wanted to go experience this with Karma properly.

He nodded to Karma's suggestion, also getting out. "Probably a good idea. We can check in and go to a restraunt. Theres one nearby. Unless you want to just get takeout again, which is also just as good. Might as well pack on what fat we can get before we get our original forms back." He grinned. He looked to Karma who was in awe of the sight, and he could feel his heart stop when Karma looked to him, looked at him and smiled. God Karma was gorgeous it should be illegal. He was stunned, barely comprehending that Karma was saying something until Karma moved to get their stuff, Xander grabbing the rest without complaint. Okay so... he was in love, but to the point that a simple smile made him feel as though he was going to combust? He never had feelings this strong before. He wasn't going to complain, wait no, that was a lie. He wasn't going to fight the feelings, but still, what the heck.

"Don't worry about falling asleep, lord knows you need it." Xander waved off the appolgy. "Besides, I talked about the time we went on that trip, but I do have some idea on what I wanna go on." Xander shrugged. "I'm not sure what they are, but they're this chair that you sit in, and it spins, but the chairs are connected by this rope, so its safe." he talked to thereception, and booking a room, paying the price which wasn't too bad, getting the room key, and going back to Karma. "I'd be able to tell you what it is when I see it, I just don't know the name. Its fun, a little boring but its fun ofr a starter. I would like to try the biggest coaster, but perhaps after food settles down, yeah? Anyway, lets put our stuff in our room and get some food. Anything you wanted specifically?" He asked, taking Karma's hand and linking their fingers together as he lead Karma to their shared room. One room, One bed, because why waste money on getting a second bed when they slept together on one just fine?

As they walked in, Xander shut the door and wrapped his arms around Karma, his head resting on Karma's shoulder. "We could, however, get really distracted in more ways than one." Xander suggested, insinuation obvious, the arms moving from hugging the Angel to having his hands on the Angels hips. "But, I have to admit, I'm rather hungry myself, so as much as I'd love to devour you here, I don't think either of us should forgo eating." Xander grinned, moving to kiss Karma on the cheek, and another kiss ever so slightly lower for a slight tease of where he could go. "So, we have... the family restraunt, the two typical fast food chains, the cafe thats here for... some reason, and other small time buisiness shops. So, up to you love." Xander hummed, willing to go whereever Karma went.

care_less care_less

So far, he couldn't imagine a whole lot of benefits that Xander could be referring to. It seemed the only one so far was his state of mind. He would have never noticed, but he felt as if a large wall was broken dowm in his mind. He didn't feel a pull or resistence whenever he thought of something not related to Heaven. He felt free and relieved. Karma allowed his partner to grab his glasses, but watched him curiosly as he did so. Watching the frame bend back into place, he looked over Xander, then back to the glasses. "Thanks," he murmured as he placed the glasses back onto his face. At the comment of being his eyes, Karma snickered. "Are you trying to get me killed?" he asked teasingly. "I doubt someone's going to attack me in the middle of a park. Much less with you around." He was going to mention something else. About how one of his many trainings, Michael had blinded him (and not with a blindfold) so he could survive and fight without sight. But he decided against it. Xander hates Michael enough. No need to get him rallied to the point of killing him. Plus, he was human now. He couldn't rely on his supernatural senses anyways.

Hearing the many options that Xander provided him, he was able to make his decision quickly. After all, humanity didn't rip away the boy's natural intelligence. "We should go around the park first. We can get a good idea what's around, and if there's any rides we want to try, we won't vomit what we ate," he says as he helped moved their luggage inside. "Plus, we'll get to see what closes at what times." He followed the other quietly to the receptionist once they were inside. Karma had this natural switch whenever he was in the presence of anyone besides Xander. His posture would straighten up, his smile disappeared, and his eyes became sharp like daggers. Once the couple were alone in their room, Karma let out a sigh. He felt his stomach grumbled again, but ignored it as he placed some of their luggage away.

Karma was just about to turn to see Xander when he felt the other embrace him from behind. Naturally, his body tensed up for a moment, just as he did with any form of physical contact, but relaxed soon after. He closed his eyes for a minute. How nice it was to be alone. Hearing Xander's slightly suggestive comment, Karma snorted before rolling his eyes. "Despite what you're probably assuming, I actually want to GO on the rides," he began as he turned himself around. He placed his pointer finger to the middle of Xander's forehead, and used it to gently push the other away. He didn't mind teasing him for a bit longer. He never realized how fun it was until he tried it. "At least one. We can try that 'chair' ride you were suggesting. It sounds easy enough. I don't know if my human body gets motion sickness easily, so it should be a good test."

Karma turned behind him to grab a white Nike hoodie from his luggage and slid it on. The sun was going down, so the male figured that the temperature would be dropping with it. He was making his way towards the door and held it open for Xander. Once his boyfriend had followrd him out, he closed the door and waited for him to lock it. As they walked away from their room, Karma tried to stay relatively close to Xander. There were a few times he accidentally bumped into Xander, for he was still getting accustomed to his new sense of balance. He had only gotten used to his blindspot once they had reached the actual park. But even then, he felt a little unsure. There was a lot of people moving past them. It didn't necessarily make him anxious, but extra paranoid of his movements. He didn't feel like accidentally encountering someone by bumping into them. So he grabbed Xander's hand to guide him. "Does anything jump out at you?" he asked Xander. "You're the expert."

"I doubt we'll get attacked too, especially with our invisible chaperones. But, we can never be too careful. And humans can be right assholes, for no reason too. Mother and Mum has always said to be prepared for any possibility." He shrugged then couldn't help but letting out a slight chuckle. "Funny how that works, Both maternal figures in my life had the same thought process." He chuckled. He listed to Karma's idea and nodded. It made sense. "I have to admit, while I've never been here, I doubt the rides are so extreme we'd puke our food instantly. Well, other than like, two, maby three rides that are extreme enough to make you feel queezy even on an empty stomach." He shrugged. "But, don't force yourself not to eat, we can stay for some time, and we're human now. we have to take care to actually eat." He reminded, aware that Karma liked to refuse to take care of himself properly.

Xander also couldn't help but relax into the hug, even if he was teasing Karma. What could he say, they were both somewhat touchstarved to a point, and Xander was much bigger on physical affection. And he couldn't stop the laugh from escaping when his boyfriend pushed him away, no surprise there. But, he didn't mind, he had a low drive anyway. He willingly followed Karma to the park, making sure to stand on the side where Karma had the bad eye. He decided to make life easier by wrapping an arm around Karma. He was a little bit taller, not by much, which made it easier for Xander to wrap an arm around Karma's shoulders. He looked around and it took a hot second, but he managed to spy the ride he was looking for! "I found the ride I told you about, Its no that far away." He grinned and then chuckled. "I'm no expert, I've just been to a themepark a few times. but compared to you with no experience, I might seem like one." He laughed good naturedly, before guiding his boyfriend to the ride.

It was a simple ride and he hoped Karma liked it. They stepped into a surpisingly small line and by the time the ride finished, they were able to snag tw of the last few seats. They got strapped in, it was single seats unfortunately, and Xander couldn't help but kick the air slightly as if he was an impatient child. He made sure Karma was also strapped in properly, and finally the ride started. Xander was used to it, having gone on this multiple times in other places, but there was always the slight minute panic of being lifted off the ground. Once sufficently far enough off the ground, the ride started to slow spin, and by the time it kicked into full speed, they were practically horizontal. Not exactly, but it felt like it! Xander loved it, and hoped Karma enjoyed it, even a little bit. Alas, as all rides do, it slowed down to a stop and gently put them back onto the floor. Xander got out and made his way to Karma, to make sure that the boy was okay. These rides could be disorientating afterall, and he wanted to be there for Karma in case he lost his balance.

Was he being overprotectice? Kind of, but you could never know with these things.

care_less care_less

Karma nodded slowly as Xander cautioned about some humans' tendencies. He knew first hand how terrible some humans can be, so he wasn't terribly concerned. After all, he grew up with a toxic human family. Though he did not bother to bring up his human experience, for he never truly had one. He was an angel pretending to be a human, so his perspective would not have mattered. "You're probably right. My knowledge of what the human body can take is limited. I don't really understand what is too much, if that makes sense." Angels and demons were naturally much stronger than humans, so Karma had grown up thinking of humans as gentle little twigs. That if you push one hard enough, it would fall over and break all of its weak little bones. Karma knew that this was an exaggeration, but he was paranoid about doing anything too extreme.

As the couple walked through the amusement park, Karma tried to stay as close to Xander as possible. So when Xander wrapped his arm around him, it made it easier for him to stay close. The male never even noticed how comfortable he had gotten with physical touch as of lately. Perhaps it was the new human in him or their "event" last night, but he didn't mind in the slightest. He was happy right now and that's all that mattered. The deeper into the park the two went, the more the young angel was mesmerized by their surroundings. The rides, the restaurants, the lights, it all starstruck Karma with how beautiful it was. Even if he had two functioning eyes, he doubted that he would've been able to fully taken in the moment. He would have stayed stuck in awe if Xander did not pick out a ride, and when he did Karma blinked himself out of his trance. "H-Huh? Oh, yeah. That one seems fine," he stumbled as he followed his boyfriend to the ride.

For Karma's first ride, he was lucky enough to dodge the normal line as there was only a few other people in front of them waiting to get on. He followed Xander like a lost duckling onto the ride and was almost constantly holding onto him as they found their seat. It was clear that Karma was weary on new things, so he was clingy to the only familar thing he had. Once the ride had gotten started, the male was slightly disappointed. He had expected something thrilling to happen, but never once did he feel his heart rate elevate or felt the rush he was expecting to feel. He has flown faster than this, and dropped farther than the roller coaster. But he took one glance at Xander and his heart fluttered in his chest. Seeing the other so happy made the ride worth it. When the experience was over, he scooted out of the seat and waited for Xander to join his side. "Did you like it?" he asked with a small smile.

When they had gathered their items, Karma moved back to the main park and began walking around. "I am surprised that the human body could withstand such speeds without feeling sick. I think my perception of what the average human can take is a bit off," he admitted as he continued gazing over the amusement park lights. "I've studied the human body for a while now, but it's difficult to truly understand without personally doubt experiencing it. Many of my peers in Heaven always tease humans for being so fragile, so I've always thought that even the slightest hit could injury a human. It's kind of foolish, now that I think about it, but I don't think I would've understood how durable this body is. It's probably why I was so cautious with you when I thought you were human." He turned his head towards Xander and shot him a crooked smile. Almost as if he was nervous or embarrassed. "I thought I would've broken you if I was too rough."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back