• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Holy or Unholy, either way they're idiots

Xander laughed at the thought of Demons having trouble with a human child. He was quiet as Karma called this mother, focusing on driving, ready to reach out and give some pain relief to Karma the moment he needed it. He listened to Karma talk, half seven? he pulled out a phone at a stop-light to look at the time. 'Barely past 1pm? This morning surely has been a ride.' he thought to himself. A few more minutes and they should be home. Other than cutting the others hair, he wondered what they could do to pass the time, since the Angel is still wounded, even if it is for a few hours. He wondered if his top has come in yet, he hoped it had, it would be fun to tease Karma with it.

At the order to keep one alive, he rose an eyebrow. He wasn't sure how he was going to keep a Demon alive but also incapacitate it. He'd have to get his mother to re-teach himall the spells he needed. Or have Moraz give all the spells over text. If... that worked? either way, a binding spell would probably work in his favour. "What do you need them alive for anyways?" He aksed, curious. "Wouldn't it be better to kill them, make it look like one of them freaked out and killed everyone before killing themselves?" he asked. that was hs train of thought at least. Kill the brother, kill the mother and father, plant the knife in brothers hand, make the scene look as natural as possible, and done. Should be easy to keep any evidence or DNA of his own out of it, and the police will note it off as a murder-suicide. Out of the blue, but it normally is isn't it? If he had to keep one alive, he's try and keep the brother alive. Since he knew that the brother was Possessed, having run into the bastard last night.

He chuckled, nudging the other gently with his elbow. "Don't think you can get rid of me that easy, dude. if you disapear and I can't find you on Earth, I'm marching up into heaven to find you, then march into hell if you're not up there. I will not hesitate." He said, a mix of serious and joking. To say he would willingly move mountains, the Ocean and the sky for Karma wasn't an exageration. He felt confident in keeping anything that would prevent them from staying together away from them.

he turned the corner and like that, they were pulling into their street. he drove down the road, parking the car into his drive. Karma wasn't going to be staying with his family afterall. He wasn't sure, but it was almost like he was showing off that Karma was actually staying with him. He smile dat Karma. "We're home." He smiled, getting out and making his way to the front door. He threw the other his car keys, as he unlocked the door, letting the Angel in. "Remember to take your top off before you let your wings out. " he reminded. He then saw a package, innocently to the side of the door. He grabbed it, thankful that the weather was kind enough not to rain on said package. "Huh, it did come early." He hummed in interest. He grinned, lifting the box up in the air slightly to motion to it. "Be in my room quickly, gunna do something." He warned, a wink before escaping. "I'll do your hair in a bit" He called out.

In his room, he opened tha package and lo and behold the skimpy top was there. He grabbed it and the fabric felt soft and non-scratchy against his skin. Worth it. He dressed leaving only the top and his boxers. He grinned, knowing he looked good. There was no way he would be able to stop his fits of laughter as he'd try and 'be sexy'. The top was long enough that it came just below his boxers and hid them from view, but a small movement of his leg and everything would be on show. Luckily, he wouldn't be showing anything off. He knew he looked good and liekd to show off, but he wasn't that much of an exhibitionist. He laughed to himself as he left his room and called for Karma.

"Hey, What do you think?" He asked.

care_less care_less (this is nothing more than Xander being a tease, I fully expect him to be decked for this, he's just having a laugh, he's a demon and knows he's good looking x'D)

"I need to gather intel on it first," Karma said as he returned his eyes back to the road in front of them. As much as he wanted to get rid of the demons as soon as possible, it would have been a waste if they had already called out for help, or have other demons watching Bella. Karma was not one for surprises. So he needed to know as much as he could to avoid anything popping up. "Just injure one of them enough to keep them in place." His main problem focused on what the authorities would want to do with Bella and himself. He was sure that if it were to get investigated (which he was ninety percent sure that it would), he knew that he would be questioned about the topic. Usually that would be no problem for anyone else. Simply just lie about what happened and act according to the evidence. But Karma was an angel, which meant that he was forbidden to lie. Whenever something had came up, Karma had always found a way to dance around the topic. However, if they had asked if his brother had been suspicious, he would have no choice but to tell the truth.

"After everything, I'll have to lay low for a while," he thought aloud. Switching out of his mindscape, he turned his attention back to Xander. "When the police come, I'll drop Bella off at my grandmother's house. We'll make it seem like she walked over there on her own to keep her from becoming a missing person. I will stay in Heaven during the daytime after that until the authorities are bored of the case and move on. But I'll be sure to visit you and Bella at night to make sure you're alright."

Feeling the other nudge his elbow, he rolled his eyes and moved his arm. Though he still could not hide the sly smile he had. He knew well enough that Xander would be willing to crack open the Earth if that's what it took to find him, and Karma was willing to do the same. It was comforting to know that someone was always supporting you. As they arrived back to Xander's home, he grabbed his keys and followed him inside. Karma did not need to be told twice to let his wings spread out. Keeping them hidden was something he should have been used to by now, but it did not irritate him any less. As soon as the front door was closed, he removed his shirt and allowed his white feathered wings to unfold. God, did it feel good.

He stretched his wings out for a few moments, to which caused a feather or two to fall. He hadn't noticed his small mess until he removed his shoes, and reached to pick them up from the floor. "I'm sorry if you find these anywhere," he apologized as he threw them out. He did not want to admit it, but his wings had molted like birds do. His time to shed and have strange spots in his wings were coming up in a few days, and he was embarrassed to make the connection. Hearing Xander, he nodded and moved over to the living room. Karma sat patiently on the edge of the couch and waited. Much like a dog would do when waiting for it's owner. Once Xander finally made it downstairs, Karma turned around quickly to see what he wanted to share. His eyes shot to the demon's bare legs, then up at the top, then back to his legs. He noticed that he was staring for too long, and turned away. He tried to act unfazed, but the reality was that his heart was now pounding against his chest and his head was a chaotic mess.

"Was that what you were trying to make me wear?" he asked in a monotone voice. He was glad that his wings were big enough to cover his face, for his expression might have given away how flustered the other made him feel.

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

"Tell me the questions and I'll ask. It saves trying to get you to the house, and it would give you an alibi so they would have no reason to think of you. For the investigation that'll happen, Bella can live with your grandma, or can stay with us, because I can just offer you to stay over." He suggested. He supposed he was thinking a more 'human' way of going about it, afterall a Demon would simply just leave the whole place messy intentionally, while he had an Idea to make it seem like Karmas brother just went off the deep end out of nowhere. "Besides, if I were to keep any of them alive, it would be the one in your brother, seeing as he was the one who I saw a few days ago. and I plan on killing him first so he doesn't tip of your parents." He explained. "So that would mean you getting back before your parents without tipping bella off, and honestly that just seems more complicated than its worth." he sighed.

when Karma said he'd 'lay low' and 'stay in heaven' he barked out a laugh. "Ha! you think I'm just going to let you disapear up there? Not a chance buddy." He grinned. IT was half a joke, he was more likely to bug Karma to stay during the day, rather than try and keep the angel against his will. Ah, the good old days, when all he had to do was say 'please' and give Karma the puppydog eyes and the other caved. The Angel was too used to him, so no way it would work. "Not to mention, one of the few people who could have done this, since you wouldn't have Bella as an alibi, and he's just not around? Even more sus." He aded as an after thought.

Before he left to his room, Xander did watch the other in amusement, the wings out, malting like a bird. He wasn't sure why, but he found it both hilarilous and adorable. He claimed not to be bird like, but his wingd followed along to a T. He kept the tease about him bring a bird he wanted to whip out, since getting changed was a bit more important right now. "Nah, you're fine, its kind of cute." He teased, before heading upstairs. It did make him think, if his wings malted like a bird, how bird like were they? Was it like birds where if you touched a specific area it would basically blue-ball them? Did they have the oil-glands that would keep them waterproof? Or was that just ducks? No matter, He'll tease the other about his wings later.

When he came back, he noticed the very obvious stare at his legs. He never understood the interest in legs, his own being pretty standard, so he found it more amusing that the others sight went straight to his legs. He supposed this whole thing did basically show them off and make them the center of attention. He was worried the other was going to start dooling, before he turned away and hid behind his wings. How cute. At the question he grinned. "Basically." he said, walking over to Karma to get closer, and showed hm the back. "The amount of space allowed is perfect for wings, its why I suggested it. Not to mention hoe soft it feels, c'mere." He said, grabbing the others hand and brought it to the side and lef the other feel the material. "The place I got it makes it out of super soft fabrics, so it doesn't scratch. Its so nice. Wanna try it?" He asked.

At this point he was standing in front of the Angel, meaning that the Angel had no choice but to look at him. It was devious, but this thing obviously effected Karma, even if it was just making him flustered. "There areother kinds, but most of them are more.... for sex I suppose. like you have ones that are more for men but they show off the nipples, which is thing, so I went for the standard. Ooh, I can even do this." He said, before tirning the top around. the only thing stopping if from turning around was his arms, so he quickly ended up showing his entire chest off, the bottom showing his boxers and would be just enough to hide everything if he didn't have boxers on. "Not sure why you'd wear it like this, but I think its kidn of funny." He grinned, turning back round the right way. "Offer still stands if you wanna try it out." He offered once again.

care_less care_less

He was about to look at Xander strangely when he remembered that he was still unaware of all of his abilities. So he let out an airy, small laugh. "Demons and angels can teleport. In fact, I'm almost positive that anyone that isn't human can teleport." Karma adjusted his glasses with his uninjured hand in a very matter-of-fact matter. He had wings, so seventy-five percent of the time he had flew if he had ever needed to. But he was guilty of appearing from thin air whenever he was late to a certain function, or to surprise an enemy while he was on a mission. He moved much like how Michael had when he had noticed Xander the light before. His body disintegrate into white sand when he disappeared, and appear in an area of bright light. However, most people did not see neither, for he would usually appear behind someone or in an area that was out of sight. So the majority of the time it seemed like he had just appeared out of nowhere. "If you called me, I can appear behind you momentarily. No trouble in it."

Hearing the other's treat to drag him out of Heaven, he only rolled his eyes before looking away. Karma was a very literal person, and was not good at picking up sarcasm unless told afterwards that it was a joke. "You cannot get into Heaven without your flesh burning a single layer at a time and your eyes disintegrating out of your skull," he said in a factual manner, when in reality it only made him sound more dumb. "Besides," he continued, "I'm sure the police will come here often within the next few days, knowing that you will be the last person to see me. I will only be gone until they stop bothering you. It shouldn't be too long. I'm sure you can survive a mere twelve hours without my presence."

Karma rolled his eyes once again at Xander's mention of being "adorable." It was beginning to become his least favorite word. He was supposed to be a warrior of God. A threatening weapon that could wipe out any form of evil in his path. So being called "cute" did hurt his ego a bit. Not just because Xander had called him such, but his sister and colleagues growing up did as well. He did not protest however, and instead plopped himself onto the couch with his arms crossed. Much like a child would if they were grounded. which only provided his label as "adorable" to only be more correct.

When Xander moved in front of him. Karma felt himself begin to panic. He had to give it to him. Today has been Xander's lucky day in terms of flustering the seemingly cold-hearten boy. He felt his face grow hot once more and his heart pound against his chest. He had to be careful now. One more flirty mood from Xander and he could confess to the demon about his strong, concealed feelings. "A-Ah, I'm fine thank you," he said nervously in response to Xander's final question as he stood himself up. Without saying another word, he hurried into the kitchen. He was trying to make it look as if he was preoccupied, but in reality he was only trying to escape Xander's persuasion. He needed a different topic, or maybe a large event to happen so he wouldn't expose himself more than he already had. "Are you going to cut my hair? I can't be waiting all day."

"We can?!" He aksed in surprise and shock, before leaning back in his seat and groaning. "That would be so nice to learn and figure out. That would be so useful to get around! and don't even get me started how you could use it for a fight." he gushed. You could teleport behind someone and do a sneaky attack. It would be so nice to know some things. Maybe he could even Teleport back into hell? Where would he end up anyway? Thoughts for another day, He wondered if the Sand-thing was teleporting and if he would do that too. If so, thatw as very weird looking. He would much prefer an after image effect that would disapear when people looked away. its a bit more lowkey and less dramatic, since he is trying to keep a low profile around the humans atfer all. He blinked and huffed. "If you're sure then. The Timing is going to be wild because we gotta do it before your parents come home and thats who knows." He said with a sigh. "But if you're that determined to interrogate him yourself and you can teleport, I have no reason to go against you there." He sighed, shrugging.

He blinked at the Karma-level of bluntness and obliviousness, before raising an amused eyebrow. "First of all, ow. Second of all, I was joking. I'm well aware that I can't really touch anything thats holy, let alone go into a holy place." He said, and chuckled. "I'm dumb, but I'm not that brain-dead." He chuckled again, shaking his head. He then blinked at the 'survive without my presence' line unamused. "I will have you know" he started, looking at the road properly, and tone serious "that you were the literal highlight of my day when I was at work. I work full days 3 days a week, so thats 7am to 4pm. Thats 9 hours. if it wasn't for you coming in at the half-way point every day, I'd go insane, it its not because of the customers." He said. Okay, sure, he was playing it off a little bit, he was sue he could probably survive 12 hours without Karma, but let him be clingy damn it.

Xander watched in amusement as Karma seemed to fight with himself, trying so hard to not show his very obvious embarrassment. He couldn't help but want to tease the other even more until the other finally broke or told him off. Both would be a cae he won either way. "Are you sure? Your loss." He shrugged, moving the top back roundto how it should be. He let his own Wings manifest, as he tailed after the Angel to the Kitchen. He lit up at the mention of hair, knowing that the other was trying to distract him or change the topic, snapping his fingers in rememberance. "Right! Almost forgot about that. Okay, grab a chair from the dining table, I'll get mums hair-clippers." He said, pointing in the direction of the dining table. He knew what draw his mum put the supplies in, it was a case of grabbing them.

She was a tiny woman living in a house of taller men, and as such, everything she needed or wanted to keep away from her husband of child, she would put closer to the floor, which meant he had to get onto his hands and knees and look inside the cupboard to grab them. the movement of getting onto the floor, grabbing the suplies and getting back up caused his shirt to ride up without him realising, showing off his plain black boxers. Its not like Karma hasn't seen him in his boxers before, but the guy almost freaked out over seeing his legs. He sorted out all the tools he needed, closing the cupboard with his hip, and finally looked back at Karma who was already back with the chair. "Okay so I have a question." He said, wondering how to phrase this. "So I know you like looking at my legs, but I'm curious to the interest. Whya re legs so fascinating?" He asked. it wasn't a tease of a flirt, it was a genuine and curious question.

care_less care_less

Xander's shock had earned a short chuckle from the angel. He was glad he could still surprise the other with information such as that, for he knew that once Xander had regained all of his memory he would probably see Karma as the childish one. He was sure that if that happened. Xander wouldn't think of Karma as someone below him, but he could not help but to worry. Age was a large status to uphold in the supernatural world. Even if Karma was in equal power to Xander, many people who were above the age two-hundred saw people younger than them as children. Which was why he hated the world "adorable" so much. It was always used for newer angels or demons that had not reached age 100 yet. "I can show you how to do it later tonight. I was already supposed to show you how to fly, remember?" he says with another small laugh. When Xander had told him about his timing, he nodded as his expression became serious again. "My timing is always perfect." He was correct in a sense. Whenever Xander had needed him, Karma had always showed up at a coincidentally at the same time. He did not tell Xander this, but whenever an angel was being needed, prayed for, or summoned, they felt a strong pull towards that said person. It became more difficult for more famous angels like Michael or Gabriel, for millions of people a day would pray for their arrival. But for Karma, it was easy to only be called for by Xander.

Hearing that the other was only joking, he gave out a small "Ah," before growing quiet. Apologizing was never his strong suit, so his version of saying "I'm sorry" included an awkward silence as he rubbed the back of his neck. Once again, social interaction was not what he was known for for a reason. But when Xander began explaining how much his presence had meant to him, he felt the need to apologize aloud. He never realized how his sarcastic remarks and empty stares had actually brightened up Xander's day. Karma would have been more than upset if Xander had told him that he would be away half of each day, so he should at least be more empathetic for him. Now that he thought of it, showing empathy was something he seemed to struggle with. It was ironic, as angels were rumored to be gentle and caring creatures. Yet here he was planning his parents' murder and not giving his best friend the time of day. "I'll try to visit you when I can," he said with a sigh. "I'll be all yours when night falls, yeah?"

"Ah, yes I'm quite sure," his voice cracked when questioned if he was sure that he did not want the lingerie. Karma was beyond glad that Xander was willing to change the subject, and quickly began to follow his instruction. He grabbed the black, metal dining chair and carried it into the living room. Just as Xander expected, Karma had already been sitting on the chair patiently. His eyes were focused on his phone until his friend had returned, then brought his head up so it would be easier for his hair to get cut. At the question, he felt his heart stop for half a second. He was incapable of lying, but how would he tell his friend that he was not actually looking at his legs? He couldn't necessarily say 'Oh yeah, I was waiting for your boxers to slip off at just the right angle because of how short your sweater is.' He needed to think of a way to move around the subject, QUICK!

"I uhm...was admiring your um..."

A text message notification buzzed up onto his phone. 'Thank you, God,' he thought as he opened up his phone screen again, 'I owe you for this big time.' He read the message and was surprised to see that it was from Michael. He was surprised, for he did not think that the arc angel knew how to use a phone other than for its calling feature. Karma read the message quickly before shaking his head. "One of my colleagues is supposed to pass us a message," he says as he turned off his phone and placed it into his lap. Doing the same to his glasses so it would be easier for Xander to comb through his hair. "Michael did not tell me who, but he said that they would be coming soon."

When Karma told him he can teach Xander how to teleport along with flying made him brighten up. That would be very useful. He wondered if he could teleport while flying? That would be interesting. "That would be great if you could!" He agreed. He knew that he was just going to practice while in his own home. He could tell that Karma felt bad the rubbing of the others neck showed that he was feeling awkward or guilty about something. Oh, those were dangerous words. "All mine?" he asked, almost amused. If he was any lesser demon, he'd take Karma up on his offer, but as he had some human decency, he would take it how the Angel meant it. He sighed and looked up thinking. "Once the Police showup to ask me questions and to make sure I'm not hiding you, it should be safe for you to just stay over at mine. You wont be able to leave the house until it blows over, but I can do the shopping runs." He said, an almost last ditch effort to keep Karma all to himself. Having Karma all to himself for the night was temping, so very tempting. Damn innocent Angels saying things that could be taken a totally different way.

Xander wtched as Karma almost blanched at his question, stuttering and unsure how to reply. And it just confused him even more. he put his hands on his hips, raising an eyebrow confused and almost concerned for his friend. His friend seemed to take the phone as a distraction and he remembered that Angels didn't lie. So whatever he was thinking was the truth and he was trying to not blurt it out because it was probably too embarrassing. Oh, the sweet, sweet angel. He sighed, shaking his head, an amused smile on his face. He'll let it slide, Karma was his friend after all. He had teased the other too much today, he'll ease up on it, if only a small bit. He'll tease, but he wont ask teasing questions.

"I see. Well should I make some tea for when they arrive or no?" He asked, brushing through the hair with his fingers, before picking up a brush and brushing out any knots that might have existed in the hair. once sufficently combed he grabbed the sissors and tightly, but not painfully, gripping the back of Karmas hairand started slowly tripping it. He didn't want to cut it all off, since Karma would look great with long hair, but he did so because his friend asked him to. Slowly but surely, gripping the roots gently and trimmin ghte ends, the hair looked a lot shorter than it did. it wasn't hair-dresser perfect, but it wasn't bad or looked like a child had cut it. Xander even left some longer strands at the front. "If your parents ask why these parts are long just tell them to ask me." He said, tightly tugging the small locks of hair. they were the longest part of the hair and come for a reason, to frame the angels face. they were out of the waay that they wouldn't get iin his face, but were before the ears and would frame the face nicely.

That and he wanted some hair to play with, okay? One last sweep over the rest of the others hair, and other than a few longer strands that he missed and trimmed down to size, that was that. He nodded, satisfied with his work. "I still think you should keep your hair long. You'd look good with it. My hair physically wont grow out correctly, so I can't even if I wanted to." He sighed. He hasn't cut his hair in over half a year now, and it still looked short, just really poofy. It was just really, really fluffy and curly. And he didn't trust himself with straighteners enough to try and straighten his hair. His mum suspects that he took after his dad, who doesn't have the issue but the rest of his family did. He basically got the more annoying of the genes from his dad. It was annoying but he could be worse.

At the knock at the door, he looked up. "I'll get that." He said, making his way to the door and opening it, ready to duck out of the way in case it was an attack. "Hello, can I help you?" he asked innocently.

care_less care_less

Karma realized that he probably should have chosen his words more carefully, for he had forgotten that saying that he was all Xander's might have been a dangerous idea. But he did not take his words back, for he had meant them. He had still felt terrible to nearly killing him that morning, so he knew that he should try a little harder to make Xander's life a little easier. Maybe this was all too much for him? Just twenty four hours ago they had been eating spicy rolls together, thinking that the other was human and did not need to stress over what their demonic or angelic sides. He shouldn't be so cold towards Xander, he told himself. 'He's going through as much as you are.' "Then I'll come back as soon as they leave," he promised with a smile. His pale green eyes glimmering with a soft emotion that he did not often let through. It was warm and caring, which was an expression most angels were expected to have. "Just think of me and I'll show up."

His kindness was very short lived. For when Xander asked if he should get tea ready for their unexpected guest, he rolled his eyes. His instinct was to shake his head, but he did not want to mess up Xander cutting his hair. "No. They won't be staying long enough," he says harshly. Even with people of his same species, Karma did not like socializing, and did not intend to upholding a conversation with anyone but Xander. He closed his eyes for a moment when Xander had ran his fingers through his hair. Karma was not the type to love physical contact, but boy did he enjoy something combing through his hair. It was probably the only form of touching the angel would not mind. He had sat patiently as he waited for the other to finish. When he did, Karma used the camera on his phone to look over his hair. He was not a perfectionist in terms of his looks, so he had thought that the cut was perfectly fine. "I'm seventy-five percent sure that they will like it as long as it's not long," he says before running his fingers through his hair a few times.

When he heard the knocking at the door, he instinctively forced his wings into his back. Leaving the long scars as the only sign of his wings. He allowed Xander to get the door, but kept a watchful eye on the angel that stood at the door. The girl had looked ordinary, just as Karma and Xander had all of their lives. However unlike Karma, she was not a stick in the mud. In fact, she gave Xander a cheerful smile when she was greeted. "Oh! I wasn't expectin' to see you so soon!" She was American, and it was clear by her tone alone. It was Southern for sure, which made it even easier to distinguish. "You're Thalvik, right? Oh, well I suppose you go by Alexander now, don't you." Her attitude was very bubbly just from her introduction alone. She had glowing dark skin with freckles decorated across the bridge of her nose. She was young, but was no younger than twenty. Or so she appeared.

Karma did not take too long to arrive at the door. His glasses were still off, but he now had a t-shirt to cover himself. His eyes glared at her with annoyance, to which the girl responded, "Ah! Karma! Long time no see! How are your eyes?" It had sounded like a random question, but it seemed to bother Karma enough not to respond.

"You have a message?"
"I sure do! But aren't you gonna invite me inside?"
"Stop stalling and spit it out."
"Fine fine, don't get ahead of yourself."

The female reached into a tan bag that hung from her shoulder and pulled out a beige scroll. She unraveled it and read it briefly, before reading it to the pair aloud.

"Dearest Karamatt,

It is my regret to inform you that you have committed a number of crimes against Heaven, and your case has been studied carefully by the Garrison. Your acts of rebellion include:
1.) Disregarding your given orders to keep your true identity hidden
2.) Conspiring against Heaven with the alliance of a demon
3.) Conspiring to murder humans without clearance from the Garrison
4.) Attempted assault towards a fellow angel

In most cases, we would consider your ranking, classification type, and severeness of crime to result in your punishment. We have decided that because of your high potential, you will be sentenced to four weeks of persuasion, and your accomplice, Thelvik Ag'dronniz, will be sentenced to 57 years of imprisonment. However, it has come to our attention that Mr. Ag'dronniz has not posed as any threat, despite his abilities and wisdom that was gifted to him as a son of Lucifer himself. We have taken into consideration of his usefulness, along with the situation given in your mission. Because of this, we will offer you, Karamatt, a mission that is to be carried out until given otherwise. Your current assignment is to interrogate Mr. Ag'dronniz to receive any information regarding Lucifer, protect his person, and keep the demon from re-entering Hell. Failure will result in our former punishment.

I hope you choose wisely, my son.
-Michael"

When Karma promised that he'd come back once the Police leave, he grinned. He had to resist hugging Karma and almost choking him in a vice-like hug. Instead he whooped, pumping a fit into the air before hugging him a lot more gently from behind as the other was sitting in front of him. "Okay~ Thank you!" He thanked, pressing his cheek to the others cheek, one of his more weirder ways of showing his effection. He wasn't sure why he felt so clingy all of a sudden, although it had been bubbling up over the entire day. He just wanted to pick Karma up and cuddle him for the rest of the night and not let him go. He wondered if he was having withdrawls from not having physical touch as often? His mum often gave him a big hug almost daily, and his dad didn't hesitate to be physically affectionate. Its only been a month since they've gone, he thought he was doing okay. He did pull back to focus on the hair in front of him though. He huffed, with an eyeroll when Karma was so cold to his Angel Coworker. It was only polite, at least that was mums excuse. He tried to follow in her footsteps more often than not, and perhaps all Angels were just people who didn't like others? They all trapped their own emotions and stuffed them away. Poor guys.

Xander opened the door to the Young-looking female Angel, and was taken aback by her chiper personality and thick accent. knowing Karma, having 2 angels attack him, he had the feeling that Most angels just did not care about anything, which was weird considering they're supposed to care for humanity. Suffice to say that he was imediatly endeared by the Angel. "Its pronounced 'Thelvik' and please, just call me Xander." He smiled kindly. He liked her already, and he hoped that she was harmless and not here to fight. He felt Karma appear next to him and smiled opeing the door wider. He was planning on letting her in, but Karma seemed to simply close off. It wasn't the first time. a Gentle hand through the others freshly cut hair he murmured a 'play nice Karma'. He sometimes did this or things like that, if he felt Karma being too agressive or rude when interracting with people, it didn't always work but it sometimes make Karma softer towards others, normally made Karma relax a little bit too, which was still a plus in his eyes.

When the female angel, who in his opinion was rather nice seeing how she didn't try to kill him on sight, started reading out the message, he was quiet as she read it out. He wanted to speak up multiple times, but he held himself back. By the end of the reading, his body posture looked as though he was insulted but his face showed that he was going to laugh at any given moment. When the Angel finsihed reading, he put his hand up. "Okay, uhhh, I have... so many questions, and fuck is that a lot of shit out of context." He chuckled, the situation becoming more and more bizzare. "First and formost, his identity. what am I supposed to think when he bamfs his wings out in fromt of Micheal himself, who disapears into sand in front of me?" He asked, looking unamused. "Against heaven? since when?" He called out. "If they're going to listen in on our conversations, they may as well listen in on all of them. Murdering humans, sure, but that also needs context. We're trying to protect the kid he's supposed to protect from a damned demon tyring to fuck her mental health over, and we can't exactly get her out the legal way." He rambled. "Wasn't aware we needed clearence from someone in the first place anyway." He added. "And when did you attack an Angel? If it was the thing today, that was me. because they tried to attack me and you got hurt instead. Then Mother got super angry at them, I hope they're okay..." He wondered looking worried. he crossed his still bare legs, uncaring that they were exposed to the light breeze.

"57 years, cute, but try explaining that to my human parents." He continued. "I like that I'm not a threat, is that because they don't know who I am or because of my amnesia?" He asked, slightly amused. He hummed. "information on Lucifer? Easily given, couldn't give more of a shit of the fucker. No need to keep me from hell, I don't want to go back, and I don't think I could actively get back if I wanted to anyway." He scoffed before lighting up and looking at Karma. "Does this mean you're my bodyguard? That means you're not allowed to leave me now!" He turned to Karma, grinning deviously before jump-hugging him, and practically giggling in glee. He looked to the Angel that was still there, uncaring about the amount of affection he showed in front of her. "Question, is Heaven always listening or do they just hear keywords and assume? Because when you assume, you're making an Ass out of everyone including yourself." He claimed. He ruffled his hair before looking up concerned. "What if I'm dragged back into hell without my consent? I wouldn't put it above Lucifer to try and kid-nap his son." He said worried, but then he tilted his head. "But-no, he'd have to send someone thats on par with him and mother to get me back... and that wont be easy..." He murmured to himself, lost in thought. He doesn't remember his brothers being any good at fighting. Meeting Mother really unlocked a lot of memories.

"Also, what the fuck do we do about Demon-Next-Door? I was going to kill him, but if Heaven if heaven is listening in and is saying no, then what?" He asked, kind of annoyed. there was a lot of questions he wanted answered. He wasn't angry at the Angel delivering the message, in fact he liked her. She seemed interesting. The 'hgiher ups' though... he wanted to punch or stab one of them in the face.

care_less care_less

"Ah of course!" the girl said with an apologetic smile Running his hand through his hair had definitely calmed the angel down. Perhaps it was because someone had done the same thing when he was younger, but he couldn't remember exactly who. Now that he thought about it, his entire childhood was all a blur up until he was about ten. Karma couldn't even recall how he had met Xander in the first place. It was strange, considering that he was well-known amongst the other angels to have an excellent memory. Maybe that was something to bring up to Xander once everything had calmed down. Their world was in a frenzy at the moment, and adding another problem that wasn't life-threatening to the mix would just overwhelm him. So he kept his spiraling thought-thread to himself as he continued to glare at the other angel. After what had happened to the two just an hour ago, he did not trust a single angel to be near Xander. So he kept his guard up just in case this was a setup to attack his friend again.

Karma had listened to the letter carefully. He hated to admit it, but part of the message terrified him. He knew that Xander was unaware of the severity of the punishment, even if he knew that his charges were over-dramatized. In reality, it did not matter the charges. The garrison had made up their minds, and fighting it would only prove their points about his instability. He was sure that if Xander was imprisoned, he'd be able to find a way out. The prisons of Heaven were not strong enough to contain a person of demonic energy for such a long period of time. Xander wasn't braindead. He would be able to figure that out probably at the same time Karma would be released of his punishment. What scared him the most was the persuasion. Heaven had already caused the boy enough pain as it is, and being brainwashed and manipulated to Heaven's will was not on his to-do list.

When the girl had finished reading, she had wrapped the scroll back up and handed it to Xander. It was originally meant for Karma, but Xander was the closest so she decided to go with him. "So many questions!" she said with a laugh, which made Karma roll his eyes. "She's no help," Karma said bitterly. "She's a Messenger Angel. Her only purpose is to deliver messages from Heaven. She knows nothing about the actual message. She's has the basic skill of a parrot, and nothing more." The angel giggled at Karma's hostility. "Blunt as ever, ain't you?" she asked as her body swayed back and forth from shifting the weight in her feet. She did not seem bothered in the slightest. "I can answer a few! I've heard today that there was a dispute between two of my men just a while ago, right? Even though they had attacked first, it is Karma's job to finish any battle an angel starts! Choosing not to is equivalent to fighting them back. At least, that's what the Garrison believes. No worries though! Even though there was quite a number done to them already, I gave those men a good talking to."

"As for how they knew about the charges, well, Karma should've told ya this!" she says with another laugh. "He's Heaven's weapon! We can't afford him dying or getting into trouble before he has fulfilled his purpose yet! Look at him! He's already gotten in enough trouble in the span of two days for some angels to get in for a lifetime! There are a couple o'angels who watch Karma's activity at all hours of the day. If any serious threats appeared and Karma was on the verge of dying, the angels would swoop in an save him! Ain't that a nice luxury!" her cheerful nature annoyed the male terribly, and did not change his emotionless expression for a moment. Not even to Xander, who was trying to cheer him up when he brought up his new bodyguard job and surprised-hugged him (which did shock him enough for him to stumble back). "Oh! And for your final question," the messenger continued. "I think the Garrison knows that the probability of you returning to Hell is pretty low. If you really were dying to go there, you would have most likely already went. That's why they are assigning to protect you from other forced trying to drag you back.

"Because of your new mission, you're duties to protect the human girl are no longer required," she said, which made Karma's eyes snap from Xander and onto her.
"But what about the prophecy?" he asked. "There are now three demons in that home. I need more time to-"
"Don't worry 'bout that! There will be another angel assigned to the case and remove the girl from the home. It's one less stress from you, isn't it?"

Karma had grown quiet. He was going to leave his sister into someone else's hands, and he could not deal with it. Xander was the only other person he trusted to protect her. So when neither of them were permitted to help her, he was frustrated. "Aww, don't tell me you've emotionally attached yourself to the girl," she teased. It was the first law for all angels to follow when they are first assigned a task. Never become attached to a case. Karma was a good example of why. Now that he had formed a strong connection to Bella, it was difficult for him to move on. He knew that this day would happen eventually, but now that it was here, it was difficult for him to let go.

He looked to Karma who insulted the still smiling girl. Wow, thick skin. He had respect for that. if you could just smile and not blink at insult, you must either be used to it or you didn't care, and honestly, he respected that. Xander quinted at the explanation of what he heard was 'finishing others fights for them', and felt the urge to punch someone. Luckily he had self control and simply crosses his arms, almost offended. "So you're saying that some Angels are so incompetent that they can't even finish the fights they started in the first place? And then they have to force that same battle on an unwilling participent? What the fuck happened to consent?" He asked, almost as though he was the offended one. in which he did feel offended, because apparently consent doesn't matter to Angels and that makes him a lot angrier than it has any right to.

But then he frowned at Karma being called 'heavens weapon' and felt the sarcasm and sassiness rise up. Well that explains Karmas fragil mental health and closed off attitude. And he thought iw as because of shitty Demon parents, but no, it was just the Angels trying to fuck him over. "Ah, I see. Well that explained everything." He rolled his eyes "No shits given for his mental, emotional, or psychological stability or well being. Why should they? He's a weapon! He isn't a living, breathing creature with thougths, feelings and emotions or anything!" He said, sarcasm dripping off of his words like bitter honey. He shook his head "Angels have no idea how the fucking brain works do they? Or are they that old they're own brains dont' work and they forgot that young Angels arn't as dead inside as they are?" He asked. "Seriously, he's not even 20. Compared to other angels who probably have possibly 2 centuries in the bag if not more, he hasn't even gotten through 2 decades." He said, bluntly. He was well aware he was also rather old himself, so the old fucks had even less ground to stand on.

When the Angel explained that he was being protected so he wasn't going to be dragged back, he nodded in understanding. Made sense. Since Karma was so strong he could be seen as 'Heavens weapon' and with his own fighting ability, he doubted there would be anyone close who could kidnap him forcefully. Honestly he doubted there would be much trouble from hell unless his Fatehr wanted him back. And he didn't see that happening anytime soon seeing how he's the one who banished him. His mother could just up and visit with Moraz, he had no qualms as long as his human parents wern't here. That would be hard to explain without lying. Regardless, if Hell wanted him back, they'd have to send someone who was strong enough to fight and subdue him, which he hoped would never happen because that fight would be messy.

When the Angel mentioned that Bella would be removed, he did feel some relief. "Oh thank fuck for that. We would have done that if we had the ability to, but we couldn't so we went with an alternate method." he sighed. at the tease of Karma being 'emotionally attached' Xander frowned. "Well he's had to pretend he was a human and grow up like one since he was more or less born. He's been living with creatures where its normal to have attachments. Hell, I'm here and I was trying to get Karma to get more attached to things. Yeah, no shit he's going to get some kind of attachment. Not to mention, Bella is a sweetheart and anyone would get attachment to her given enough time." He rolled his eyes. In a mocked tone he said "'Angels arn't supposed to become attached' yeah I call bullshit. You have feelings, you'll get attached. You don't have feelings well you're dead inside and then you're just a machine. And if you want a machine, then build them without feelings rather than beating the feeling out of someone who does." he scoffed. "The Angels watching can take note of that, or you can take that as a message to whoever." He grouched. It was obvious at this point that he wasn't happy. Not at the Angels in front of him, but more at heaven itself.

"Oh, just so I clarify, I'm not angry at you, you've done nothing wrong but explain stuff which is great." He clarified. He didn't want the Messenger Angel to get the wrong idea or get upset. He sighed, ruffling his hair and gently tugging it in a way to keep him grounded and not to give into his anger. His dads words rung in his head, 'others don't deserve your Anger', which was true. No one deserved to be on the forefront of a Demons anger in the first place, but he thought that was was just trying to remind him to stay calm. He wasn't often easily angered, he was more getting angry on someones behalf, mostly Karma's. He never got angry for himself, since he didn't care about people trying to make him angry or taunting him when he was younger.

care_less care_less

The messenger only smiled and shrugged her shoulders. She either knew the answer and decided to keep it to herself, or she honestly did not know how to respond. Karma had worked with her a few times when he was younger, and knew that she was not oblivious. She was Alicia. She did not look it, but she was one of the oldest messenger angels to still be alive. Most messenger angels die within their mid-fifties because of how often they are in the line of fire. They were also the first angels on the line for wars or large battles against Hell, for their class held the majority population of Heaven. But she had lived since the Black Plague. So Karma knew that she had known more information than what she was letting on. But he let her go off easy. There was no point in forcing out a straight-forward answer. All she would do is laugh and smile, regardless of how much he threatened her.

"I think that's my cue to leave! I'm sure Karma here can tell you more if you asked him! I hear he loves over-explaining everything," she teased, which made him roll his eyes out of annoyance. "It was nice meeting you Xander! I hope I can see you again with better news." With that, she turned herself around and moved down the walkway. He made sure that Alicia had made a good distance away before closing the door. Since she had not answered any of Xander's questions before, he thought it would only be fair if he did it himself. The angel pulled off his shirt again and released his wings. Then, he got onto the floor and sprawled his body out. "She's technically incorrect. I'm not the weapon of Heaven yet. And my role isn't to finish other angels' fights. It's to protect them during combat, and to carry out Heaven's will. It is considered traitorous to side with a demon, so when I protected you they saw that as an attack on them, even if I did not physically hurt them.

"She, like many other angels, do not feel emotions," he explained with a long sigh. "Think of angels as robots. Their only purpose is to do as they're told, and nothing more. They don't have a reason to care much about anything else. It keeps them loyal to Heaven without needing to question who is in power." He stopped for a moment. This was not an easy topic to talk about, for it involved bringing up his sister. It was difficult, but he knew that he could trust Xander to pour his heart out a little. After all, this was his best friend he was talking to. "But, like some robots, there are glitches found in their programming. It is rare, but not entirely uncommon for angels to develop emotions once they developed a strong bond with another person. Much like your mother was saying earlier. I became one of those cases before I even learned to walk..." His voice trailed off there. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Why was this so hard? "Most angels who show emotions act out against Heaven and end up falling. Which is how fallen angels become to be. Luckily, I was 'chosen' to become a weapon of Heaven at an early age so I continue to serve alongside other angels until I become more trouble than my worth."

Karma opened his eyes slowly and looked up at Xander. He realized that this was the most he had opened up to the other in a while, and he had to admit that it felt pretty good. It was a small weight lifted off his chest, but a weight nonetheless. "That's why I struggle emoting, I guess. I had an older sister before I was fully adopted by my human parents. I don't know if I ever told you this, but when up until I met you my human parents only had partial guardianship over me. On weekends, I lived with my birth family and on weekdays with my adopted one. I was the youngest with a large age gap, much like Bella is. I had an older brother name Ambrose, who was fifteen years older and my sister Rosemary, who is ten years older. Like my human family, my birth family neglected me. So the only one who cared for me was Rosemary. She was more like a mother to me than both my birth and adopted mother combined. During the week, she would teleport into my room and read stories, make my meals since neither set of parents really done that without either set of brothers intervening, and helped me with my school work. When I went over to be with her during the weekend, she would usually take us out somewhere just to get out of the house.

"When I was seven, I was brought up to Heaven by Michael into a blank white room. I don't remember a whole lot. I think I might've passed out, because when I woke up my entire body was in pain like I fell too hard. But when I woke up, Michael told me that my birth mother, father and brother were killed by Rosemary in a fit of rage. I was seven, so even if they had treated me poorly I still loved them. And to think of the one person who I trusted the most would just-" Karma stopped himself when he realized that he had raised his voice, and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. "I've learned to hide my emotions ever since. Especially after I met you." Karma sat himself back up and brought his eyes to look up at him. His expression serious, yet soft. As if the boy might break within any second. "Xander I love you with every fiber of my being. I wanted to protect you from all of this shit since the day I've met you. I've been so afraid of being intact with my emotions that I would lash out just like my sister did. I've lost enough people as it is. I didn't want to lose you too."

At the lack of answered questions and the Angel poining him at Karma, he sighed, a half-hearted smile and wave before she left, letting Karma close the door. When Kamra started talking, probably explaining his unanswered questions, he listened. He frowned at the explanations briefly given, trying to make sense of it. "That... doesn't make sense. I can understand who siding with a Demon is traitorous, but protecting someone Angels are attacking is considered attacking htem? Thats stupid. if they said 'fighting back' okay sure, maybe if you wanted to look at it in the most awkwardest eay possible, but still." He shook his head. When Karma Explained that she didn't feel emotions like other Angels, he stopped. Wait, hold the train, he wasn't aware of htis information. He listened, interested and curious.

"So you mean to tell me that having emotions is not normal for Angels? Then how do you have emotions?" He asked, confused. there were 4 Angels he's met, 6 if you count Lucifer that he doesn't even remember, 3 if you discount lucifer and the two Angels that attacked them that day. The only angels he remember meeting was the smiling, 'emotionless' Messenger angel, Micheal who he met for like 2 seconds and Karma who strugged with emotions. In his eyes, he saw it that Angels tried to squish emotions down, but if Angels never had emotions in the first place, that would actually make sense. Karma continued and he listened, willingly quiet and trying to understand in any capacity, to maybe understand his friend a little bit more. Karma finsihed explaining and he blinked. Maybe it was just him being a Demon, or maybe it was him having a more human mindset, but if being a 'fallen Angel' meant having emotions... that wasn't so bad in his eyes. He didn't voice his thoughts, he knew that it would only cause a bit of conflict there, and he didn't feel like causig that. Later.

He did frown at the mention of Karma being chosen to be the Weapon of Heaven at an early age, and he felt his protective instincts rise up. "They chose an Angel with emotions who was too young to understand the situation as their 'weapon'? Do they not realise how that can backfire? 'ah, Angels with emotion tend to rebel, lets make the Weapon of Heven an angel with emotions, this can't go wrong' Are they stupid?" He asked, disbleif and practically facepalming. "They can get a prophecy for a random child but not for their own weapon, priorities" He shook his head. "Ahh, I'm not sure if its me being a Demon or if its me with my human brain." He complained. He sighed, shaking his head before smiling back at Xander. "Ah, well you're stcuk with me now, so whatever happens happens." He shrugged, a small smile on his face.

Xander listened with the patience of a saint, letting Karma get the words and out and explain his thoughts. He loved it when Karma got into these explaining moods where he'd just ramble everythign and explain every detail, because it helped paint a picture in Xanders mind. He couldnow take into consideration that Angels were built without emotions. And whats why they fall, because of emotions. It made sense why Karma stuggled to emote. He listened, comfortingly placing a hand on Karmas hand while he talked. He knew that talking about the past can be hard, especially if your past was a hard one. if Karma had decided to Dip at any time, Xander would berate or begrudge him at all, he'd undertsnad how hard this must be for him. He listened to Karma talk about his birth and adopted family, wondering how Micheal was Karma's father if he had a birth family. A spike of anger went through him when he mentioned that his birth family also neglected him, and he just wanted to give Karma all the love and attention he never got to experience before.

When Karma explained that his sister killed the family, Xander could only expect that she had become a fallen. He gripped Karma frmer, letting the other break if he needed, silently letting the other knwo that if he needed to break down, Xander would hold him up. Xander had to admit, he'd think he'd like this 'Rosemary', seeing as she was also probably very protective of Karma. it was something they could bond over at least. He wondered if Karma was going to continue, planning on talking his piece and maybe help Karma see a possibility why Rosemary did what she did, but Kamra continued and he didn't say a word, nor utter a sound. He blinked when Karma admitted to hiding his emotions especially after meeting him, confused. he was always trying to get Karma to show his emotions, trying to get the other to Emote properly. Was he too hard or forceful on the other?

They locked eyes and Karma confessed, and Xanders eyes widened in confusion, before softening into a sweet and gentle smile. "Karma..." He muttered out, gently cupping the others cheek. "You have no reason to be afraid anymore. I'm here, and I'll always be here, so you'll never lose me. I love you too." he confessed a happy grin coming over his face. "I didn't think you'd ever feel the same, if I knew you liked me I'd have confessed sooner." He confessed, a light chuckle. "But that doesn't matter now." he grabbed Karma's hand and linking it with his own. "does this mean we're dating now? Because I'd really, really like to kiss you. You have no idea how I've had to hold back from simply kissing you silly." He chuckled bashfully.

care_less care_less

Karma chuckled silently at Xander's protectiveness. It was comforting to know that at least someone had actually cared for his well-being. Often times he tried to convince himself that Heaven had cared for him, but deep down he knew that to be untrue. They had only cared if he was alive. They would care less if his mental state was rotting in the corner of his mind. "They didn't know I had emotions until earlier today when I protected you. Any other angel would have let you died because you're a demon. I was rather good at hiding them," he said in a softer voice. He did not expect the other to be completely be on bored with the angels. He knew that if he had told the other more, Xander would most likely go on a rampage to kill anyone who had harmed him to begin with. So he stopped his narration there. Including the fact that the angels continued to run experiments on him, and was due for a check-up later on that week. That would have to wait for another day.

The poor angel did not even realize his own confession until Xander gently held his face. At first, the male was terrified. Did he just mess up his one shot with Xander? Would he tell him that he did not feel the same? Was their friendship ruined? Karma's heart was pounding hard against his chest. He felt so overwhelmed that he was afraid his heart might come out of his throat. He felt it pound in his head, which made his skull ache with anxiety. 'God, can he hear my heartbeat?' he thought childishly. His brain went out the window as his stared up into the demon's eyes. He had never realized how difficult it was to pull his own eyes away from them. His heart did not catch up to his head when he heard the other accept his confession, for his body was still engulfed with his nervousness. He was more than relieved. But there was still one more thing he needed to do before he could allow himself to calm down. When he heard Xander ask for permission to kiss him, he did not waste another moment.

"You have no idea, either."

He leaned himself in gently pressed his lips against Xander's. The worry that he had never kissed anyone before did not occur to him, nor did the thought that Xander would half to lean over his entire body in order to properly kiss him. All his brain thought was how wonderful this had felt. Every worry, fear, anxiety, and doubt that was trapped in his mind had all faded away. His body felt light, as if he would float up with Xander into the darkening sky. He had never felt this before, and he never wanted it to go away. He closed his eyes to take the kiss in better. His lips moving in sync with Xander's . He hadn't noticed how much he needed this until a single hot tear rolled down his cheek. His arms wrapped around Xander's neck to keep him from moving away, as if afraid that this was all a dream and he would fade away at any moment.

"Well then I hope they continue to levae you alone then. You're still under mothers protection until she denounces it, and knowing the woman she wont, so Angels can't do shit to you without her getting involved." He chuckled, impihly grinning. "How does it feel to have the Queen of Hell itself interested in your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing?" he asked, amused. Granted, his Mother only have to take interest in Karma's physical wellbeing, but he knew that despite the womans cold and sharp exterior, she was rather sweet and motherly when she actually cared. PErks of havng emotions, he supposed. "You don't have to hide your emotions any more either, so we can actually work on you bottling emotions in." He grinned. "Or rather, how to stop bottling emotions." He chuckled. They might actually make progress.

He realised that they were still loitering at the door, so he gently guided Karma to the Sofa, so they could continue to talk sitting down and didn't have to worry about possibly collapsing in case someone got weak knees or so emotionally they had to sit down. He was sure the other barely noticed, too focused on his story, too focused on everything else but his surroundings, as he normlly did, so once again it was up to Xander to look after him. He didn't mind of course, he liked having someone to rely on him for small little things like this.

Xander let out a gentle, surprised noise at the sudden kiss, chuckling slightly as he manouvoured them so that it wouldn't be as uncomfortable while kissing. He tilted his head to the side, letting the kiss deepen and he closed his eyes. He had kissed others before, experimenting and simply curious, but it never felt like this. he never felt complete with a Kiss before, like he had found something that was missing. He felt like he could keep kissing Karma forever and never get tired of it. he noticed the tear, the tear falling onto his hand cupping the angels cheeks, so he used this thumb to brush it away gently. He chuckled when Karma wrapped his arms around his neck, almost trapping him. seeing as they were situatied on the sofa, he lightly tugged the Angel so that it wasn't as uncomfortable for him to hold on, repositioning so that Karma was now in his lap.

Unable to help himself, he gently opened his mouth to whisper against Karma's lips. "you're not getting away now" he chuckled, smiling, never really leaving the lips that were firmly attached to his own. He rested one of his own hands on Karmas hips as he kissed back, closing his eyes, the other still cupping Karmas face, althought it was slowly starting to migrate to the back of Karma's neck and head, as though to support the Angel. He honestly wasn't sure why his hand migrated there, his hand moved on its own, but he couldn't really find it inhimelf to care, much too preocupied with the Angel now in his lap and attached to him like a leach. He attempted to deepen the kiss, slightly opening his mouth and closing it, not wanting to scare away the still innocent and probably shy Angel on his lap.

care_less care_less

Karma did not mind being stuck with the other, even if it had meant they would be together for the rest of their lives. The angel waited too long for this. He was wishing it could last forever. He was just about to go in deeper. That was until he heard his phone alarm ringing from his back pocket. Disappointed, he pulled his lips away from Xander along with his left arm. His eyes slowly opened, but had first stared at the demon's lips. He was considering to ignore his phone and lean back into another kiss, but decided against it. The alarm was a reminder for him to start getting ready for dinner, and he knew that it would irresponsible to push it off just to make-out with Xander (no matter how tempting it was). After all, if they were given anymore time just now, it would have most likely escalated into something more than kissing.

"That's my cue," he said in a low voice before moving up from the sofa. His mind was still trying to wrap around what just happened. He just made out with his best friend, so what did that make them? A couple? Friends with benefits? He knew he was late now to Xander's earlier question, for he had interrupted him by leaning in for the kiss, but he decided to comment on it anyways. "I'll promise to be more open to you, Xander, but we'll have to keep this as private," he said sternly, as if he did not feel like his head was in the clouds. "I know you can protect yourself, but I still need to uphold my orders given by Heaven. I'm sure someone will take advantage of us sooner or later if it is out that Heaven's weapon and Lucifer's son are in a relationship. They'd see us as each other's weaknesses." His wings retreated into his back the moment he finished his sentence. Then, he turned around to look at Xander. "I'll uphold my promise to continue being upfront with my emotions if you promise to keep our relationship confidential."

With that, he walked himself upstairs, gathered some fresh clothes, than made his way into the bathroom. He stared at the shower for a moment, the glanced behind him at his wings. He knew that they needed to be cleaned, but Xander's shower was too narrow for his wings to even fit. 'Maybe I should just use a hose,' he thought to himself. It wasn't ideal, but he had to do what was needed to be done. That would have to be another time, so he folded his wings back, undressed, then hopped into the shower. It took him a good fifteen minutes for him to finish his shower, dress himself, brush his teeth, then brush his hair. He did not wear anything fancy, for he dressed the way his parents used to do when he was growing up. He wore yet another pair of khakis and a white collared shirt. When he came back down to the living room, he grabbed his thin glasses left on the counter top in the kitchen.

"Did you want me to make you something before I'm off?" he offered as he slid on his glasses.

Xander whined when Karma pulled away, but didn't force the other to continue. He pouted as the other started to pull away to grab at his phone, while Xander decided he wanted to bury his face into the Angels neck, before the Angel started moving away. "Already?" He asked, whining. He didn't try to keep the Angel on his lap, no matter how much he wanted to keep the Angel there. He sighed, but let the Angel leave his lap, looking up at the Angel as he commented what he wasasking about before. He smiled at Karma's attempt to keep a level head, even though it was obvious he was still reeling from the kiss. Well, obvious to him at least. To anyone else he'd look normal, if a bit softer than normal. At the worry, Xander simply sighed both endeared and amused by the worry. "Karma..." He shook his head. "Alright. I'm going to agree not for my saftey but for yours. I have no Idea what Heaven might do if they knew." He said, moving so he was still sitting ont he sofa but a bit more comfortable and relaxed.

"But okay, I promise to keep our relationship our dirty little secret if you agree to not try and bottle your emotions as much and talk to me about them more." He smiled. "Speaking of our relationship.. he trailed off, curious. "Are we dating? I love you, you love me, we kissed. I'd assume we're dating but if you don't want that... well, what do you want? I'm open to anything with you." He offered, a gentle but slightly mischivious smile as the other walked away. He chuckled to himself, letting the other stew in his thoughts. He hummed, thinking about the kiss with a dopey grin. Karma obviously wanted to do more, kiss more probably. The Angel was no doubtedly touch starved and in need of major amounts og TLC and affection, something he was willing to give. He did wonder if their plan was going to continue. He did know that is the family stressed the Angel out in any way shape or form he wouldn't hesitate to absolutely go nuts on them. Karma was now his... boyfriend? He hoped they were boyfriends. Either way, Karma was his, just as he was Karma's. He wouldn't hesitate to be extra protective and vicious. Heaven best be on its best behaviour, because he wouldn't hesitate.

He stretched on the sofa, unsure if he wanted to move or make something to eat. He let his wings manifest, feeling a wierd prickling sensation as they formed. Frowning, he took his top off and tried to look back, as though he'd be able to see what was going on. they were at the base of his wings, or where it felt like his wings originated. but they wern't ripping out of his back. concerned and confused, he grabbed his phone and started to quickly text Moraz.

[Hey Bro, no clue if you're still in the Human world or what happened, but I need you to get Mother if you can. My wings might be trying to physically manifest out of my human body and I'm not sure what I should do if thats the case.]

He sent and almost instantly a [...] apeared at the bottom, bu the knew that Moraz wasn't quick on phones, so he made his way to the kitchen. he was debating what to make for dinner, thinking about having something simple and easy to make. his phone Dinged with a responce.

[Vikky! uhh, I can ask! Uh, Mother says that your human host and your Demon self are probably merging and the more they merge the more demonic your human vessel becomes. so when you try manifesting your demonic qualities, they'll come out of your human host almost like a weird egg. Mother said that because its more possession, and its a slow process, it'll be more uncomfortable for a long period of time.]

Xander blinked at the explanation. but there was more it seemed after a moment or two.

[Mother also mentions that you should try to keep your wings out as much as possible to help speed up the process. There might be blood at the start since its going through flesh and connecting bones. Lets just be thankful that its a process that takes a few months because of possession. Mother suggests that its only happening now because your human vessel got used to your Demonic self and thus merged. Idk if that makes sense tho.]

He chuckled, smiling a tthe addition. IT was Moraz attempting to explain what his mother told him, whild also probably not understand why things were happening. Moraz was so adorable.

[Thanks Moraz, thats good to know. And it does to me, don't worry bout it. i suppose I'm just a special case :P]

He chuckled, expecting that to be the end of the convosation, maybe an amused respoonce as he raided his half-stocked cabinets for what he could whip up. He opened the messenger when another responce from Moraz came through and he felt a suge of anger mixing with a chill of cold blood.

[Oh! Mother says that you can, techncially, touch a fallen Angels wings? With you being banished from Hell and being part Angel yourself, a Fallen Angel wont have such a strong Divine energy so you can touch their wings and vice versa, in case youw anted to make your Angel friend fall.]

He typed, trying to keep his cool.

[Please kindly tell mother that I have no desire to make Karma fall. He's my friend I wont try and tempt him into falling. while its good to know, I'm sure if it ever came to that, we would figure that out by ourselves. Please, never mention Karma falling to me again, or I will get angry.]

After that he had to put the phone down, and take a breather, his wings slightly ruffled in agitation. The audacity, assuming he was going to try and make his friend fall from heaven. he ignored the ping of his brother, not wanting to get himself anymore worked up than he already was. He barely even noticed Karma coming back and he smiled. He'll tell Karma about his wings and 'merging' later. The Angel had enough on his plate and he didn't want to overwhelm the Angel, not when the angel was going to be dealing with his Adoptive family. "Nah, I'm good. I can make something later." He smiled, moving over to Karma and giving the other a peck on the lips. In private, he was very qilling and quick to give Karma all the attention he wanted or needed.

The demon's quick and curious questions made Karma smile. He had to admit, Xander's excitement over their relationship was pretty adorable. It reminded him a lot of how Bella acted when he would bring her out to the town. The type of childish wonder that had fit Xander all too well. In his point of view, their relationship didn't change much. Karma would still have a stick up his ass seventy-five percent of the time, while Xander would try to attack him with hugs and cuddles. The only real difference was that Karma would allow the other to do as he pleased. There was no reason for him to push away physical contact, for he was no longer embarrassed or worried of Xander finding out how he truly felt. "We can be whatever you want us to be," he said with a light chuckle. Now that he thought about it, this would be his first romantic relationship. He tried not to overthink it, for he knew that if he did he would just become flustered again.

Hearing Xander's response, he turned his head to glance over him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something about the other seemed off. Was he worried over something? His thoughts were quickly thrown off once the demon had kissed him again, and cracked a small smile. He was sure that if something was wrong, Xander would tell him. And if he didn't, he would make sure to check up on him later that night. "Are you sure?" he asked in a softer voice, for he did not want to yell directly in the other's face. "I can make you some spaghetti when I get back? I doubt I'll eat much over there, anyways," says Karma just before he heard yet another knock on the door. This time, it was gentle and light. As if someone was just barely knocking with little to no might. Rolling his eyes, Karma walked over to the door to answer, and was pleasantly surprised.

"Karma!"

Soon enough, his younger sister was there and now hugging Karma's waist. The angel smiled at the girl before ruffling her hair. All of this mess was for her, and she had just reminded him that it would all be worth it. "Whoa Bella! It's been so long! How old are you now, thirty-eight?" he teased, which made Bella giggle as she shook her head. "Nooo, I'm still eight silly!"
"Ah, of course. Well, don't be rude! You forgot to greet Xander."
Bella hadn't even noticed that Xander was there, for she was so focused on her brother that she had forgotten whose house she was visiting. Not wanting to be impolite, the girl ran over and gave Xander a hug as well. "Hi Xan-Xan! Did you have fun with Karma during your sleepover? What'd you do? Did you stay up all night and eat popcorn like we did last weekend?" the girl asked excitedly, while referring to the weekend before while Karma and Xander had stayed up with her to watch movies. Similar to that of a puppy, Bella's attention shifted back towards Karma with a pout. "I missed you a lot last night. After dinner I asked Mum and Dad to help me with my math homework, but both of them got confused and gave up. Then when I asked Eric he yelled at me and flicked paper clips at me. No one wanted to read me stories or help me with my schoolwork or tucked me to bed..."

Bella began to sniffle as she recalled the lonely events of last night. Karma sighed as he knelt down to her eye-level. He had felt terrible for leaving her by her lonesome. He knew that he was the only one who nurtured her, so for a child her age to be left alone like that made the angel's heart ache. "Hey, it's okay. I won't leave again, I promise. Maybe tonight I can convince Mum and Dad to let you stay over here for a slumber party, yeah? You don't have school tomorrow, so Xander and I can take you out to the town and pick out a new toy for you. Does that sound okay?" He knew that he should've asked Xander first if this was alright, since this was not his home. But he couldn't let Bella suffer another second in that household. Rubbing her tears away, she sniffled again before speaking in a shaky voice, "You mean it?"

"Absolutely. But first, you'll have to ask Xander if it's okay."

Bella turned herself around and looked up to Xander. Her watery eyes making her pull off the perfect begging face as she spoke, "Xan-Xan? Can I please have a slumber party with you?"

When Karma said that he could chose the relationship, he couldn't help but grin. "Boyfriends then. Or lovers, partners, whatever you call it." He grinned, happy and excited. His first real boyfriend, and it was Karma! he had 'dated' people in the past, but they were so young could it even be considered dating? and even as a Demon, he was technically courted by other Demons, but he never really had any interest in any of them. The fact that he remembered it was a surprise with how little he cared about it. But he supposed anything with mother in the memory would come back sooner or later, seeing his strong connection to his Mother and Brother. He smiled when Karma started worrying over him, reaching up to play with the freshly cut hair around the back of the others head. "Karma, It'll be fine. I can wait until you come home and then I can make you something to eat. My treat, okay? It wont be anything fancy, but I can make a mean Omlette." he chuckled, kising the other on the nose.

He let Karma go to the door, despite his desire to just pull the angel back and tackle him to the couch, demanding hugs and attention. But, he had restraint.

He did light up when it turned out to be bella at the door, smiling as she reunited with her brother. It was only a night, and yet they're acting as though he was gone for a month. It was so wholesome to watch. he chuckled when Bella had to be reminded that she was at his house and that he was existing still, legging the 8 year old run up and tackle-hug him, easily lifting the little girl up and into his arms for a proper cuddle. He laughed good naturedly at the questions, nodding. "It was... quite a eventful night, I'd say. We've even had an eventful day as well. Watched movies, then he studied while I played games, and went to bed." He said, leaving out the surprise that happened last night. "He had a bit of an oopsie this morning, Karma burnt his hand so we had to take him to the hospital. He's good, he just has to be careful with his hand." He mentioned. Lay out some groundworks for the excuse of the morning. and the burn.

When bella recounted her the lonely events and started crying, Xander put her down so that Karma could properly comfort her. Xander also knelt down, petting the girls head just like his human mum would do when trying to comfort him. He smiled at the 'slumber party' suggestion. Way to make plans without asking him! Well, he would have said yes anyway but that wasn't the issue! He smiled at Bella, who started trying to beg him, and gently pinched her cheeks that still held the youthful child fat. "Hmm, I don't know. A slumber party with my two favourite people in the world? Oooh, is that a good Idea?" He said, jokingly.

Then all of a sudden he lifted bella up and into his arms. "And then! Spending a day with them in town? Why I must be insane to refuse such an offer!" He said dramatically. he booped Bella on the nose, a gentle smile full of endearment. "always ask if you're going to sleep over someones house, but for the Chase household you don't need to ask. We're always open to you and Karma whenever. Any day or night. Mum and Dad would reiterate that in a heart beat believe me." He grinned, winking at Karma. And its true. His mum and dad always said that Karma and Bella were allowed over whenever. The only time they had to let them know was if it was before dinner, so they knew to make extra food for them.

He wont lie, not being able to have the night to himself and Karma was... slightly annoying, but it wasn't the end of the world. "Aaah, but I don't know if my bed can handle all three of us! Bella is so big now!" He complained. It was barley big enough for him and Karma last night. "I suppose I could call mum and ask if we can use their bed. their bed is the biggest afterall." He wondered. They had a queen-sized bed while his was a large single. He needed a bigger bed. "I'll call them while you're having dinner. I'msure it'll be fine." He grinned. Sleeping in his parents bed would be awkward as shit, but he'd make do.

care_less care_less

Karma gave out a short snort at Xander's enthusiasm. He was wishing the other would say that they were now boyfriends. Despite not liking labels, it did feel awfully good to say that he now had a partner. The angel had always been grateful to have the demon as a close friend, but knowing for certain that the other had shared the same feelings as him made Karma feel less lonely. He could not exactly explain why, but it was comforting. 'Let's just hope it stays that way,' he reminded himself. When Xander insisted that he was fine, Karma nodded and kept himself silent. Part of him felt embarrassed for asking. He always had a strong need to do everything. Maybe it was Heaven's fault for burdening him with such a large responsibility, or maintaining an entire household since a young age. He would spread himself too thin without noticing, so having Xander there to remind him that he wasn't alone was still something he was not used to. Especially if he would start living with him.

When Bella had heard Xander's summary of their "slumber party", the girl frowned. She never liked the idea of her brother getting hurt, so she turned her body around and looked at Karma's bandaged hand. "Oh no!" she gasped as she gently grabbed his hand. Observing the bandage closely with her bright green eyes, her fingers gently touched where the wound was. "Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?" Karma ruffled the girl's hair and smiled. "I'm fine. Xander took care of me." Karma had completely forgotten about his wound till now. His skin had healed over by now, so he figured that the burn had only left a scar and closed up. Of course, he didn't plan on unwrapping his hand until tomorrow. He had told his mother over the phone that he was injured, and did not want to appear that he was lying. Bella let out a relieved sigh and smiled at Xander. "I'm happy then! Mummy used to say that guardian angels watch over us to make sure we're safe. Maybe Xan-Xan is your's!" she said excitedly, which make Karma snort.

'A bit ironic, huh?'
"That's a way to put it..."

Hearing Xander accept her request, she squealed and clapped her hands in excitement. It was obvious that her moods had changed rather quickly, for she had pushed away her sadness abruptly with her newfound joy. "Yay! Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!!" Bella said loudly as she hugged Xander's waist again. "She can take my spot," Karma offered when Xander mentioned the lack of space on the bed. "I can set up a spot on the floor." Karma figured that Xander was planning on latching himself onto him the moment they were in bed together, but it was his second nature to sacrifice his comfort. It's what he was made to do, quite literally. "Alright Bella, we should head off. Don't want to keep everyone waiting," he says, which earned a firm nod from Bella as she skipped to the front door. "Okay then! See you later Xan-Xan!"

Karma followed his sister out to the front door, but stopped at the door frame once he was sure the girl was away from earshot. "Our plan for tomorrow still stands," he said in a cold voice. He could not afford to keep Bella in that house alone with three demons for another night. It made his stomach turn just from the thought of it alone. "I'll take her out to my grandmother's house in the morning. Keep one alive, and call me when you're ready." With that, he closed the door behind him and returned to his childhood home.

Being called Karma's Guardian angel made Xander laugh. More like over-protective demonic guard dog, but he wouldn't disagree with Bella of all people. "You're not supposed to see guardian Angels Bella. When they protect you, they protect you from the shadows, unseen. And I'm pretty sure you can see me." He smiled, poking bella's soft cheek. "but, like a guardian Angel wouldn't hesitate to protect the pair of you so, you're not that far off I suppose." He grinned, ruffling Bella's hair. with how small Bella wass compared to him, it was easy and natural to mess with bella's hair, ruffling, petting, etc. how Bella hasn't gotten annoyed over it he doesn't know. Technically he was part Angel being Lucifers blood-related child, but he was birthed by a Demon and not created as like an Angel so he did have that going against him.

He chuckled at the abrupt change of topic and mood, petting bella's hair softly only to look up at Karma with a frown. "No. No no no, You're the guest by all accounts, I'll take the floor if anything." he said. let Karma sleep on the floor while he was all nice and warm? Hell was more likely to freeze over then Xander letting that happen. He'll figure something out before they got back. He watched as the young girl skipped away, and he smiled, waving goodbye. "See you later Bella!" He called out, only to look at Karma in surprise. His eyes visibly widened at Karma's afirmation of the plan. But wasn't that going against heavens judgement? He rose an eyebrow, but huffed out a smile and shaking his head. "What a rebel. They're telling you to back down and you don't." He smiled, walking up to Karma. "Thats fine. I have my own grivences with them anyway. See you later, honey." He smiled, soft and gentle, low enough that Bella couldn't hear.

He closed the door and sighed. He knew why Karma was doing it, he wanted to keep Bella away from the Demons. That was understandable. He knew at least 1 was possessed, he wasn't sure about the Mother and Father but he wouldn't be surprised if they were. Besides, Even if heaven did get upset over this, he can claim that he did it because he wanted to get rid of what wanted to hurt that he considered either under his protection (Bella) or what he considered his (Karma). Karma was his just as much as he was Karma's, so of course he wanted to get revenge. He called his mum, the phone picking up so a happily surprised, albeit tired sounding voice. "Xander! Hi darling! Is everything okay?" She asked and he chuckled. "Yeah everythings fine, things happened but nothing to worry about. uh, Karma and Bella are having a sleep over, do we have anything that we can use as a make-shift matress on the floor? I'd rather not use your guy's bed." He asked. It wasn't a lie, there wasn't anything that his parents had anything to worry about. His mother hummed.

"I think we have a bunch of old duvets in the big cupbored. The one you said a Ghost lived in?" She chuckled. There was a ghost who lived in the closet, but he had gotten rid of it year ago. He chuckled. "there should be a few up at the top, we always have a lot of spares just in case. Although I know that the Sofa can be stretched out to become a bed, you can have your party downstairs." His mother suggested and he nodded, even though she can't see him do so. "Understood loud and clear. I'll let you go back to sleep, its, what, 4am?" He asked and his mother chuckled. "Oh no need to worry, I've done woken up earlier and stayed up later. Have fun! Love you lots!" He smiled. "Love you too mum." and like that, they ended the call and sighed. Time to find those duvets.

it didn't take much time, his height made it easy to grab things from the higher shelves and he had no issue with weight. he kept his shirt off and his wings out, hoping to help this 'merging process' he was apparently undergoing. He decided that the slumberparty should be held in the living room, since it was more space, the TV was bigger and they could use the sofa's if they wanted. The Sofa, per to mums suggestion, did come out with a bit of coaxing. it should be big enough to house 3 people. as such he stole pillows from his parents closet and his own room, putting the duvet on the make-shift bed. It was actually one of mums better idea's, he liked the idea of everyone being able to sleep on the same bed. with that done, he started mixing some eggs, in prepreations of making his special omellets.

care_less care_less

Karma was glad that he was used to hiding his emotions, because he felt overwhelming nervous throughout the entirety of the dinner. His visit started out completely normal. His mother greeted him at the door with a hug, his father waited in the living room reading a newspaper, and his brother was yelling in his room upstairs. Most likely from a first-person shooter video game that consumed his attention for the majority of his days. Of course, his father had been expecting an apology so Karma willingly gave it to him. It was easy for the angel to fake his guilt, especially if this would be his last time. Thankfully, his father accepted his apology, so they were able to move onto dinner.

It was not until his family had sat down did he realize that everyone except for Bella had been possessed. Like previously mentioned, Karma had grown up in a very religious home. So it was to no surprise that there was a wooden cross hanging on the wall in nearly every room, including the dining room. Karma remembered that his dining room had always been the most decorated, for it was where the majority of their guests stayed in. There the walls held framed photographs of nature (usually trees) with biblical quotes and a large painting of The Last Supper. But when he entered the room, Karma noticed that they were all torn down. The boy looked around the room in shock. His parents loved those frames and their wooden cross. Why else would they tear them down unless something inside of them hated the thought of God himself? "What happened to all the decor?" Karma asked as they sat down at the dinner table, to which his mother responded with a shrug. "We thought that it would look more welcoming without it," his father said.

"What about the cross Gran gave us? Mum you loved that cross," Karma insisted. She turned slowly to him with an empty smile.
"Why don't we just start eating, Karamatt."

He glanced to Bella, who had shrunk in her seat. She knew that something was off. "Mummy, you're scaring me..." she whined, to which Karma interrupted and shook his head. "You're right. Let's just start eating." First, Karma held out his hands. It was a tradition his family had to always say Grace before every meal, so he was simply following routine. Bella had done so as well, and grabbed Karma's right hand as the two waited for their parents to take their empty ones. But instead, his parents and Eric dug into their food. "Aren't we going to say Grace first?" he asked, to which his father waved him off. Bella looked up to her brother with fear. He tried to calm her down by smiling at her gently, and spoke in a reassuring voice. "It's okay. I'll say them with you." He bowed his head with her and begun, "Bless us, O Lord, for these thy gift-"

"What the fuck did he say, dimwit?" Eric spat venomously as the three of them dropped their forks in unison. Karma snapped his head up and stopped immediately, He had no doubt in his mind now. They were all possessed. His father dismissed Eric's behavior, and they had proceeded with their meal. Somehow, Karma had maintained his composure throughout the tense dinner, and was able to keep their suspicions of his true identity low. Once they were done, Karma asked if Bella could spend the night with him and Xander, his parents agreed and allowed the girl to pack up her bag for the night. When they returned to Xander's home, Bella kept a tight grip on Karma's shirt. "What's wrong with Mummy and Daddy?" she asked once they were inside. "Nothing sweetheart. They just had a long day at work. Go ahead upstairs and start getting your night clothes on." Nodding quickly, she ran past Xander and did as she was told. Leaving Xander and Karma alone once more.

The angel gave out a long sigh. He was used to locking up his feelings in a box, but he was much more exhausted now that he had to contain his fear and nervousness for so long. "They are all definitely possessed," he said as his eyes drifted to the floor. The reality that he had lost his parents to the very thing he was made to destroy was beginning to get to him. Even if they had hurt him, he wasn't able to protect his family. And soon they would be killed because of it.

Xander was getting ready to cook. the whole process should take a few minutes, and cooking should be only take 5. All the spices mesured out, greased the wok, and eggs beaten with the salt already mixed in. now it as a case of waiting and it wasn't long before he heard the door open. He made his wings disapear, the wings fading into a shadow before becoming non-existant. He grabbed a top and shimmied it on before left the kitchen. Making his way out to the front door, He saw bella head up to his room, leaving Karma and him alone. He looked at how exhausted Karma looked and sighed. The angel was bottling his emotions once again. "Karma... no need to bottle everything up now. I'm here, and you're safe." He said, opening his arms, letting the Angel come in for what Xander could only assume was a much-needed hug. He ran his hands through Karma's hair in a comforting manner. "I bet that whole thing was stressful. So now you can destress with me. And once Bella is safe, you can properly destress." He hummed. Keeping those wings must be annoying. he ran a hand over Karma's back, over his top of course. "Then you can properly relax. But for now, you can destress with the slumber-party." He smiled.

He gently tugged the Angel to the Pulled-out-sofa. "Sit, chose a tv program to watch, I'll make the omelettes. And No, you're not helping." He chuckled. He knew that Karma would probably want to help make food, but this was his treat. "Remember, my treat." He grinned, giving Karma a quick peck on the lips, before makign his way to the kitchen, seeing Bella come down the stairs. "Hey Bella. Karma's on the sofa, you hungry? I know you had dinner, but I thought I'd make a special omelette for you two. I heard that today wasn't a good day." He said, sympathetically, ruffling bella's hair. "Remember, I'm here to talk if you ever need an ear. And if you can't go to Karma." He smiled, before leaning in almost conspiracy-like. "I wouldn't ask him for love advice, the guys barely aware of his own feelings." He said before chuckling. "Don't tell him I said that though." he chuckled. He made sure Bella made her way to the sofa and he got to cooking.

He called to Karma. "Omellets should be done in 5 minutes!" He called. He decided to make one big omelette and just cut it up. it was eaiser that way. Small amounts of spice, not enough to bring the pain, but enough for a tangy aftertaste, hint of seasoning, garlic, chopped ham, and cheese. It sounded like a weird combination to put chese, hand and a bunch of spice into an omellete, but it wasn't bad. and it was easy to make, you just had to be careful with the amount of spice. too much and then you get an omellete with your spice. He smiled as he finsihed, plating it up. everyone had eaqual amounts, Bella having a smaller portion being a smaller girl and probably eaten. Worst comes to worst he eats what they can't or they re-heat it up later. He brought out the plates of food, sitting on the sofa.

"Slumber-party rules; eating on the sofa is a must." He called out, a grin. "So, dig in. What we watching?" He asked, happy-go-lucky and free, his normal way of going about a probably tense and sober situation. It difused the tension, and made people stop and think fo ra moment. He took of bite of his omelette with a hum. Not spicy, thats good. He didn't want to make something that was spicy, in case Bella wasn't good with it.

care_less care_less

This was the first time in years since Karma could emotionally open up to someone, so he was still taking time in understanding that it was okay to be vulnerable. He had completely missed Xander’s cue when he noticed him opening his arms. In fact, the poor angel assumed that he was stretching and turned away. Karma was an intelligent person, but social interaction and romance were not his strong suits. He waited to hear the bedroom door close upstairs before he began speaking in a low voice. “You make it sound so easy,” he muttered. It was always easier said than done, but he guessed that Xander had probably known that already. “I’m sorry if that came off as rude,” Karma quickly apologized. “I can relax once this whole thing blows over.” Part of him knew that not to be true. There was never a real time he has lived a moment in his life “stress-free”. Now that he thought about it, was there anyone who had a moment like that. He doubted anyone has.

Chills moved down his skin at the feeling of the other’s hand running down his back. If his wings were out, they would’ve twitched and tense up, then force a blush onto the angel’s face. He figured that Xander was thinking about his wings, and hoped that he wasn’t troubled too much. It was a discomfort that he was used to. If it was too much pain for him to handle, he would make it obvious by breathing heavily or tensing up his muscles. But he tried to comfort the other by giving him a small smile. “Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

Even though Xander had insisted on taking care of him, Karma couldn’t help but to feel bad. He felt as if it should have been the other way around, where Karma would be the one cooking as Xander had the night to relax. But he knew that both Bella and himself would need this “slumber party” to load themselves off. Might as well enjoy it while they could. “Y-Yeah, okay…” the boy said nervously. He followed Xander’s instructions and turned the T.V on, only to realize that he did not watch T.V much. His parents grew him up with limiting him and his siblings electronic access. That was until Eric had begged for a PC and multiple game consoles a few years ago. But even then, Karma and Bella's access to television was still limited. He clicked through the menu and found a random channel, which was only used for promoting furniture and products that would a 60 year old woman jump for joy. Karma did not really watch the show, however. Instead, he was watching Xander. He hadn't noticed that he was staring in awe for so long until Bella had returned in her pajamas. She looked between Xander, then her brother, then back at Xander again. "Why are you looking at Xander like that?" she asked in a giggle, which made Karma snap his head back towards the T.V. "I don't know what you're talking about," Karma mumbled, making the girl laugh again. "Yes you do! You looked at him like you look at a pretty pictur-"

"Why don't you pick out something to watch," Karma said quickly out of embarrassment. Bella laughed again, but did as she was told. She plopped herself onto the couch besides her brother, and flicked through the channels again. Seeing a family movie that she had heard her friends talking about in school, she clicked it and cuddled into Karma's side. When she say Xander return from the kitchen, she gave out a heavy sigh. She would have LOVED to eat one of Xander's legendary omelettes, but her dinner from earlier had made her full. "No thank you. Mummy's made a big dinner for us," she said politely. However, Karma had a different response. "I uhm...wouldn't mind one," he said shyly, which made his sister giggle. "Karma never gets full. Daddy used to tease him and says he's got a tape worm that makes him hungry all of the time!" Karma laughed with her, but it was another reaction out of embarrassment. Children never seemed to know when to not be honest. Karma was an angel forced to speak the truth, and even he knew when the dance around subjects.

Once he got his share of the food, he grabbed the plate and was just about to move to the floor. He was never allowed to eat on the furniture growing up, so he always had to adjust to Xander's house rules when he came to visit. So, he adjusted himself back onto the couch and tried to be as cautious eating the food as he could. He would feel absolutely terrible if he accidentally made a mess. When she heard Xander's question on the movie, Bella perked up and looked over the sofa to see him. "It's called Onward! Some of my friends at school said that they really liked it."

Xander huffed a small laugh when Karma turned away from the hug, and not letting the Angel escape, he gently dragged the Angel into a much-needed hug, even if it was just him gently hugging the other male. One day the Angel will get it, but its okay for now. Xander smiled, his grin getting wider at the apology. "I'm used to your thorny words by now, I know that you don't mean harm with them." Xander waved off. It was true. Back when they were both kids, Karma always had a sharp tongue. Being mentally older, the sharp tongue only amused him, but others wern't so used to it. "You mean take a day off when all this blows over." Xander corrected. "For now, while we're not dealing with stuff, you can afford to relax. And its not as though just anyone can walk into this house either." He shrugged. "so, allow yourself to relax. There is no danger here to worry about. Okay?" He asked, rubbing the Angels arms slightly, comfortingly.

He wasn't lying about the house though, the only ones who could walk into the house without his permission was creatures of a higher power and that meant his Mother, his Father, higher Angels and God himself. Or another Xander. Everyone else had to be allowed by Xander. This wasn't even Demonic magic as well, it was just a natural protection that he remembered learning about. But now that he's had time to actually remember things, he knew that his house could and could not defend against. He also found it funny that he knew more non-demonic spells than actual demonic spells. But, off topic of his house, he frowned, concerned when Karma mentioned his wing.

"Are you sure? You said that keeping them in is painful. When Bella leaves, you can have them out again." he smiled. "I want to do something to help aliviate the pain though." he hummed. a sneaky pain-aliviation spell he hoped that it would help if only a small amount. It did only help with pain, and not the constant pressure of something trying to rip itself out of your back. He wondered if he should mention his own wings, but decided that it would be bettwe to talk to Karma about it later. When there wasn't a young human who could come back at any point. Or when they had some privacy. Xander smiled as Karma agreed to sit still. His omelletes were special since they used a mix of spices that only he knew the ratios and amounts of. took him years of making omelettes to get the ratio perfect but if the price to make an omelette that actually tasted like something worth eating was time, well that was a price he was willing to pay. He took to called the omelletes the 'Devils Omellete' if only personally, since if you add a bit too much of one thing, it becomes a mess and it wont taste right. its easy to make but a right devil to make right. And then because people think that things tasting good is 'a devil' (see Devils chocolate cake), he thought the name fit. Regardless of what he thought or named it, He liked that people enjoyed it.

"Ah! I see! Well, we can leave yours to the side, and we can re-heat it up for you when you get hungry. Or me and Karma can share I suppose." He chuckled. "But Bella, never tease someone about eating, okay? Karma has what is called a 'high metabolism' which means that he can eat and eat and eat and not be full, or not feel full for long because they use up all the food too quickly. At least thats how I understand it at least." Xander chuckled. He made sure to give Karma his playe with a fork, and dug into his own with a small hum. Lightly spiced, more than he originally intended, would probably be uncomfortable for a child that wasnt' used to eating spiceor out-right disliked it. "I think I spiced it a bit too heavily today. Bella, how good are you with spice?" He asked, hoping that it wouldn't be too much of a concern. If she didn't like spice or couldn't handle it very well, then he and Karma could share it and he'll just make a milder one tomorrow. It would mean making two different omlettes but that wasn't here nor there. "I can make omelettes tomorrow if you want too for breakfast. If Karma doesn't beat me to the punch that is." He chuckled.

Xander made an 'Oooh' sound when bella explained what they're watching. he grabbed the remote and quickly pressed 'I' getting basic information on it. Synopsis was cute, rated U, all good. He nodded, taking the information box down. "I see I see, Well, seems liek it'll be a good movie. nice pick, Bella." He praised, patting the girl on the head. He was a bit out-of-touch with the animated movies lately, since he rarely ever used TV . His parents were the ones who used the TV often, and even then it was quiz shows, the news, or an old movie that aired like 10-20 years back, if not older. So it was nice to just sit down and watch a silly kids movie. he looked to Karma who was being careful with his food, and smiled. "If you make a mess, don't worry about it, I can clean it up later." He shrugged off.

care_less care_less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back