• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Highschool Bites [Official RP]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Jabo0ody

WE. ARE. VENOM.
1539487261140.png

"Ay," ,a man dressed in black combat clothes started, "you think this'll be easier than last night's job?". He was referring to the slaughter fest that he and his fellow hunters had been assigned yesterday. The team had been assembled to eliminate a growing wolf pack in the county. Thirty hunters had approached the pack territory, armed to the teeth with weapons to kill every single wolf. 28 hunters came out alive, and the pack was decimated entirely, including the pups.

The same 28 hunters from the previous job now stood around a large table. Weapons—ranging from Kriss Vectors to a series of handheld devices—lay, and each hunter was equipping themselves for the incoming battle. One of the hunters, considerably the largest and the 'leader', was loading his weapon when he answered the question.

"No way. Yesterday was a challenge, I'll admit, but this? A simple child could pull this job off.", he scoffed.

The rest of the men began to chuckle, seeing their biggest, baddest member brush tonight's job off. In a flash, the door to the armory room had burst open and the two figures' outlines pierced the dimly lit room. An elderly man, dark in complexion, was bound to a wheelchair. And assisting him was a middle-aged woman, her legs and feet covered by dark clothing. All 28 hunters perked up, and trained their eyes on the elderly man. They were all stricken with a chilling gut feeling.

"Monsieur Verre." , the bulkiest man bowed his head out of respect.

"S'il vous plaît, appelez-moi verre. Et tu avais raison. Ce soir est un jeu d'enfant.", a smirk began to tug at the old man's mouth.

>:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:<
Please excuse the possible improper French. I do not speak French in any way. I take Spanish, not French. Thankfully, I have Google. So if the translation is wrong, please blame Google.
(This intro is just filler for the hunters and what they'll be like, plus who their true leader is.)

annie5.jpg
Annie bounced her leg as she leaned in to look closer at her textbook, honestly though she had been looking at the words for so long that they were starting to blend together. Taking another sip of her Latte she looked out of the small coffee shop she had holed up in at the rest of the mall, it was starting to die down but stragglers were still milling about looking for last minute sales. Her phone sat on the table in front of her singing a siren song of procrastination, she could always text someone to take her mind off of the assignment until her brain cooled down. But then the question would be who, most of her classmates would be working on their own homework or doing their own thing.

The idea of going home wafted through her head before it was quickly waved down, her parents were even more on edge than usual and she didn't want an impromptu training spar. Or what it more accurately was, an excuse for her parents to beat her to the ground for 'strengthening'. She could have sworn she heard her mother mention something about hunters wiping a den out, even the young ones, though Annie had tuned out when her mother sang praises for 'those brave souls willing to do what it takes.' She somberly took another drink as she tried not to imagine children being slaughtered.

0d7e029ba4bfd8477975ad93aba66ffa.jpg Dylan Evergreen
Interaction: Open
Mentioned: N/A

With one hand in her pocket, the other raised to about her mid chest so she could see her phone screen, she rocked back and forth ever so slightly on her heels as she waited for her milkshake and fired mottzeralla sticks. She may have looked a little drunk, with her movements and the fact she had her reflective sunglasses on, the others waiting for their orders stayed away from the teen in dark clothing. Dylan was scrolling through Instagram, looking at memes as the youth tended to do. See, typically she would be watching over her cousins, or drowning in a pile of chores, but her family were all out of town for the moment, costing a relative on her aunts side that Dylan had never met. Nor wanted to meet based one some of the stuff she had heard about her. Anyway, she looked up a split second before her order was called out, slipping her phone onto her jacket pocket (since she was wearing a skirt at the moment) so she could grab the small bag and milkshake.

Taking a sip as she stepped away, she smiled softly at the pleasant taste, having chose her favorite combination that tasted like birthday cake. But, Sheetz didn't have a birthday cake flavor, so her milkshake was vanilla, white sprinkles, white chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. If her cousins were there, there would have been a lot more chocolate. Anyway, she headed outside, taking a seat at one of the uncomfortable metal picnic tables, clearing off someone trash first, before she sat down to enjoy her snack.

As she ate, began going through the notes she had taken in her phone for her AP European History class, since there was a test on Wensday, a d while she probably didn't need to review, it was a good idea. She almost never got the chance otherwise. Though it's a wonder how she could see her screen with it on the lowest brightness setting, and she still hadn't taken off those sunglasses.

1539519440885.png
Location: Mall's Coffee Shop | Interactions: Moka-chan Moka-chan
Isabella's restless eyes scanned the words in her calculus textbook, her mind trying to make sense of what she was reading. School and higher education had never taken a significant role in her incredibly long life. The last time she even remembered going to school being back in the 1920's, where she was taught basic math, French, science and domestic skills. French public schools were good for the time being, and gave her useful skills she was able to use after leaving school at the age of 12, but nothing she learned back then compared to the advanced level schools expected from students nowadays, especially when it came to High School and teenagers. That, combined with the other subjects, hiding her vampire identity from her new human foster parents, and trying to adapt to a new town. She didn't want to admit defeat, but at least she acknowledged the very possible fact that going back to school might very well be the hardest task of her life.

She sighed as she closed her textbook, knowing she wouldn't be able to get much work done without anyone else to help her. She'd only recently moved in with her new caretakers, and had been allowed to take a week off to get used to the town before going to High School for the first time. As a result, she was slightly late in the semester and new absolutely no one in her school. This usually wouldn't be a problem for her, as she was a very social and charismatic person. Isabelle wanted to get to know someone, to at least have an ally before the weekend ended and she was forced to go to school all on her own. That was what had lead her to the shopping mall so late at night- everyone knew it was a popular hangout spot for people her age.

It seemed to Isabelle that she had chosen the perfect place, for she spotted a blonde girl, just a couple of tables away from her, busy reading what seemed to be another textbook. The girl looked about her age, and if her expression told her anything, was that she was as stuck with schoolwork as she was. Wonderful. They already had something in common. The vampire grabbed her purse from the floor, took her closed textbook on the other hand, and walked towards the girl's table with her warmest, most welcoming smile.

"Hey," she said, waving her hand at the blonde girl. "Mind if I sit? I couldn't help watching you die over this textbook. Homework's a bitch, am I right?" Isabelle took her seat as she commented, not waiting for the girl's response or consent. "The name's Isabelle. Isabelle Leclair, but my friends call me Lizzy. What are your working on? Maybe I could help. Don't tell anyone, but I'm kind of a wiz in anything not involving numbers or natural sciences. So, you know, about two subjects."

Hanah Solo
streets

Hanah was walking at streets, waiting for when her mother's work would end so there would be meal before they would go sleep. She really didn't like to be at home now when her father had left and wasn't forcing her to stay inside. Hanah had her schoolbag with her as she had earlier visited at library to do some of her homeworks. Luckily her bullies hadn't been there when she left.​

ADE2238D-1DE5-45F6-9AC7-8ED0CB08533B.jpeg
Mentions: Isabella fancries1 fancries1
Annie hadn’t heard the other girl walk up and when Isabelle spoke she had to fight jumping in her seat. A small part of her could only imagine her parents dismay at her poor skills, but she pushed that away. Looking over the other girl one word came in to mind; stylish.

“Huh? Oh yes of course!” She supposed she took to long because the girl sat before the words left her mouth and she quickly cleared away the table. “I’m Ana-Maria Desmarias. But I’m begging you, just call me Annie. And hey, if you can help me out with honors English then I’ll keep any secret you have. I’m trying to do an essay on Beowulf and appearently saying they fought naked becuase he was trying to show off doesn’t cut it.” She finished with a smile and held up her English textbook as proof.

Last edited:
21azcbl.jpg
Emmeline Hawkins

Interactions: Open

“I’m absolutely going to lose my mind if I don’t get out of this house,” Emmeline mumbled to herself as she tightened the laces on her sneakers. Boredom had set in hours ago, and she was fairly certain it would kill her if she didn’t do something, and come hell or high water she wasn’t studying anymore. She ran down her stairs, taking a quick look around to see who was home. When her gaze didn’t land on anyone, she yelled out into the house, “I’m taking the boys out! I’ll be home later!” Announcing her comings and goings wasn’t an uncommon practice in Em’s house. She had too many siblings and her parents were busy folks, so it was just easier to shout where you were going and assume someone had heard you.

The dogs were already a bit riled up from Em running down the stairs and moving swiftly through her house, so they were more then ready to go when she put their leashes on. Fall has set in and the air was cool and crisp as Emmeline lead her three large dogs down the driveway. She set on her way towards the nature preserve. Even though evening had set in, the walking trails weren’t unfamiliar to Em. She took the same trail every time with the boys and she didn’t have a lot of difficultly navigating it. Just to aire on the side of caution, she did keep her phone’s flashlight on, just so she didn’t trip on a surprise tree branch.​

Last edited:
Mars

Interactions: rbk4373 rbk4373

There's a reason that some cultures classify vampires as being nightwalkers. Their tendency to lurk in the dark and, to the same extent, to come out as night was one of the classic traits that so many stories had picked up on. Vampires were used as a cautionary tale, the reason to keep your doors and windows locked tightly at night. A warning for fools who go out after dark. Beware the vampire who wanders the night, looking for victims.

As much as Mars disliked the stereotype, she couldn't help playing the role herself. There was just something about being able to wander at night now that gave her a sense of freedom she had never felt as a human. And it was easier to hunt at night, although she rarely prayed on the vulnerable. Especially women and girls. God knows they have enough to contend with when they go out at night without adding vampires to the list.

Tonight, Mars elected to wander the nature preserve. For one, it was beautiful. And for two, although animal blood wasn't something she enjoyed the taste of, it was rarely questioned if an animal turned up dead of blood loss. Some other animal, higher up on the food chain, must have gotten to it. Higher up on the food chain, she exhibited a wry smile- at least she could credit herself with that. As she traipsed along the path, enjoying herself for the most part, Mars found her attention drawn by something nearby.

Her senses picked up first on the sound of leaves and ground crunching underfoot, alerting her that she was not alone, and then on the smell. In disgust, she wrinkled her nose. The smell of dog was striking to her and for a moment, she suspected werewolves. She only half-relaxed when she spotted a torch shining up ahead, light peeling through the dark and assaulting her eyes. A human- she recognised the heart beat now, as they grew closer to her. And dogs. She didn't like dogs much either; she was grateful to see that the human, a girl, had them on a leash.

"You should be careful out here at this time of day," Mars was now close enough for the dogs to bark at her, (as they often do when a member of the undead stands in front of them), and strain against their leads to try to reach her which made her cringe back involuntarily, "Somebody else has probably already warned you against going out at night, right? I don't want to sound like your mother," She laughed, breaking the tension, "Your mother probably told you not to talk to strangers too. My mother always did. But even the safest places can be trouble after dark. I don't like to think what might have happened if you'd come across somebody a lot more dangerous than me."

21azcbl.jpg
Emmeline Hawkins

Interactions: Mars jinkx jinkx

Emmeline’s dogs started barking and pulling at the leashes, something uncommon for them. “Jesus guys, would ya-“ her sentence was cut off once she realized what they were making such a fuss about. A girl stood a few feet in front of her, and called Em out of being out alone at night. She made an attempt to pull her dogs closer to her, but they’re large breeds so if they were going to pull, there wasn’t a whole lot she could do about it. ”I know my away around these woods well enough. My mom doesn’t seem to mind,” Em jostled with the leashes, slightly unnerved by the interaction, “besides I got my boys incase someone wants to give me any trouble.” After some attempts to control her dogs, Emmeline finally got them all to sit quietly at her feet. “If you’re concerned about talking with strangers and being out alone at night, what are you doing here?”

1539558185286-png.492607

Beowulf. Finally a subject she knew about. While Isabelle wasn't a very active reader - she was quite the opposite actually, never been one for books even back when they were the only source of entertainment. She had, however, spent 30 years married to one, and had picked up a thing or two about classic literature. She remembered reading the book, probably sometime around the 1970's or 80's, yet the details were not entirely clear. Still, she hoped she would at least be able to help Annie with her essay.

"Beowulf, huh? Good to know the American school system hasn't changed it's English reading list since the 70's. Can't resist the classics, can they?" Isabelle joked, reaching out for the girl's textbook. "I knew someone who would've killed to write this essay for you. Hell, she probably would've paid you to do your homework," a smirk crossed her lips as she remembered, but it quickly faded as she realised she was trailing off. "Anyways, I'm no expert in classic literature- if you ask me I much prefer early 20th century books. But I do know a thing or two about this book. Your original thesis might help us too. You say he fought naked because of his pride, right? I'm not sure I remember him fighting naked, but you could take that as your lead for a better subject. Maybe the pride that came with being a gladiator during those times, or male pride coming from masculinity, if you want to get controversial."

Truth be told, Isabelle didn't know how schools in the United States expected students to write their essays. Maybe they expected something simpler, or nothing not too complicated, but being in an honors English class had to come with advanced expectations, right? "Maybe I'm not the best person for essay help," Isabelle mused. "I'm new to the school. Well, I'm rather new to schools in general. I don't really know what you Americans like in your essays, or homework. But hey, you live and you learn, right?"

Attachments

• 1539558185286.png
    1539558185286.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 255
Evelynn Sanders

Evie smiled politely at a guest as she refilled his coffee. "Just call if you need anything." She said sweetly before walking away. Back in the kitchen, she sighed and rolled her shoulders. She was nearing the end of her shift and her muscles were starting to ache. Hearing the door open, she pasted a smile back on her face and headed into the cafe's eating area. "Welcome to Corner Cafe, can I get you a coffee or something to eat?" She asked the gentlemen politely as they took a seat by the counter. "Black coffee, miss, thank you." "Coming right up." Evie smiled and headed behind the counter to poor the man a cup.​

Mars

Interactions: rbk4373 rbk4373

The girl seemed very uncomfortable about the whole interaction and Mars realised that she must have come off a lot more unnerving than she intended. Perhaps if she had opened with "hi" or "lovely evening we're having", the girl wouldn't be so unsettled by her presence. She had been too serious.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Mars amended, her expression growing more tender and (despite her claims that she didn't wish to come across motherly) almost maternal, "I've just..." She tilted her head slightly, considering her phrasing, "I wanted to warn you about the dangers. Maybe it's not my place to do so. It's only early evening after all. Still... I like to get back before it gets too dark."

She was skilled at avoiding questions, almost an artist at it, and successfully deflected the girl's queries about why she was out here as well. Gingerly, she stepped around the dogs, (who thankfully had settled), and now stood behind the girl. Out of habit more than anything, her eyes lingered on the girl's neck before her eyes rose again to bear into the girl. She found that eye contact made it easier to compell humans- even if it didn't work every time.

"I'd advise you get back soon too," She said, slowly; her tone was practiced, her words dripping like honey off her tongue, and she hoped that her powers of compulsion might mean the girl would take her advice to heart. For a brief second, her eyes flashed a molten gold colour but it disappeared when she blinked. It could easily be rationalised as a trick of the light. Returning to her usual tone, Mars added cheerfully, "Enjoy your walk. It's beautiful out here in the evenings, huh?"

She turned away from the girl then, intending to either walk far enough to put distance between them before returning to skulking around or just calling it a night and finding somewhere else to go. She wasn't entirely decided yet.

B3D60295-7DBC-4573-8C45-3ABFFB99078A.jpeg
Annie smiles at the fond tone the other had while reminiscing, “she sounds amazing.” However when Isabelle pointed out that Annie’s original idea was wrong she looked back at the text and groaned, “you’re right. I must have thought of the movie version, I swear I read the thing but I also just watched the movie and it got mixed around in my head. I hope you don’t mind but I might have to steal that idea about Beowulf doing this becuase his masculinity is at stake. There’s a difference between not wanting to endanger your friends and then theirs showing off and he is definitely showing off.”

Closing the textbook and putting it back in her bag she gave the other her full attention, “but I’m going to do that later because if I write one more word my hand might actually fall off. Hope you don’t mind just chatting for a bit?” She could push a essay off for a bit longer, especially now that she had an actual idea on what to do with it. Besides she was more than a little curious about Isabelle and would never turn down an opportunity to make a new friend.

“Also did I hear you right in saying your new to American schools? You’re from France originaly correct? Sorry if I heard wrong, or miss judged the accent. My family is actually French, or well we were, or I guess my parents were but still.”

21azcbl.jpg
Emmeline Hawkins

Interactions: Mars jinkx jinkx

The dogs started to get agitated as the girl passed behind Emmeline. As the stranger spoke to her, Em could have sworn that she saw that girls eyes change color. ’What in the-‘. She shook her head a bit trying to clear the thought away in disbelief. Her dogs are pulling at their leash and barking loudly enough to snap Em out of her thoughts. ”Umm- yeah. It is a nice night...” Emmeline watched the girl turn and walk away. She was a bit shaken by the encounter. There was something about the girl that had put her over the edge. She stood perfectly still for a moment, her legs feeling like they were cemented into the forest floor. She remained like this for a few moments before her dog Virchow pulled a bit too hard, causing Em to stumble forward. Still with an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach, Em decided to cut the walk short. She jogged alongside her pets, out of the forest preserve unable to shake a feeling of dread.

She didn’t stop jogging until she reached the sidewalk on the edge of the forest that was bathed in a pale yellow glow from the street lamp. She walked the animals through a quiet neighborhood, occasionally glancing over her shoulder, replaying the earlier encounter over and over in her mind.​

1539563594840.png
"I get it," Isabelle replied with a tiny, almost unrecognisable frown, ignoring Annie's comments about her girlfriend. She often found herself so lost in thought and her own memories, that she forgot the idea behind coming to the United States in the first place was to forget about her. Or at least to distance herself from her memory in order to escape from the grief of loosing the person she loved. She briefly looked at the ground before softly shaking her head and looking back up at Annie with a grin. "I'm more of a movie person myself too. Honestly, if films were one hundred percent accurate, I wouldn't even bother with reading books at all. The screen holds a certain... je ne sais quoi, you know? Much more entertaining than staring at a bunch of words for hours on end."

While she was certainly proud and flattered that the girl had taken her suggestion into account and valued it enough to include it in her work, she was glad she wasn't planning on writing the essay in that moment. It was much more fun to talk when schoolwork wasn't involved, and Isabelle did want to get to know the girl better. Annie seemed sweet, and a good friendship was exactly what she needed. "Aw, you think I'm more interesting than dear old Beowulf! I'm charmed, really."

What came as an even better surprise was the girl's next comment. The correct guess about her nationality make Isabelle's undead heart flutter and start beating faster than ever. "Yes! Yes I am!" Isabelle responded excitedly, lightly tapping her long, red fingernails on the table. She hadn't been to her home country since the end of the war back in 1945, and she missed it quite dearly. However, her English classes and acting jobs kept her away from returning back to France. Nevertheless, she loved to hear about it. And meeting a fellow French woman, or at least one with French parents, was like music to her ears.

"Oh, that is so wonderful. Your parents are very lucky. France is a beautiful country, it's always been. Have you ever been there? If you haven't, you must insist that your parents take you. Trust me, it's impossible not to fall in love," her speech faltered a bit as she spoke. Her excitement making her speak faster than usual and making her accent much more pronounced. "Granted, I haven't been there in what feels like centuries. I used to live in France with my family, but I moved to Canada to learn English a few years ago. Online schools only, the only schools where you wont get detention if you skip a couple of classes. Or rather, all of them. This is my first time coming to a real school since I was twelve. But, hey, you're American, right? Are the schools really as bad as they say they are? All I know is from movies and, going from that, it sounds like you people go to Hell and back every day."

1E4BA2AB-8FE8-41E9-9AE2-1DA0766D34F4.jpeg

Annie noticed how Isabelle avoided her comment on the mystery women and made a note to avoid that topic later. She wasn’t one to pry, especially in painful matters and she had a feeling this was a painful matter to the other. Besides she had her own painful memories she kept shielded from he world, it wouldn’t be right for her to dig into someone else’s. Annie couldn’t help but smile back at the other when Isabelle went on about movies. “Oui je suis d’accord. While I don’t dislike books movies can outright take you to bother world instead of you just trying to picture it.”

Annie laughed as well with the Beowulf comment, “I can already tell your leagues more interesting and way more entertaining.”

It made Annie truly happy when Isabelle got so excited when she guessed right about her being French, she had hoped it wouldn’t make the other upset but to see her so happy made her smile. “Yes I’ve been, but sadly only once and when I was young. Though what I can remember it was very beautiful, I wish I could visit one day but I’m worried it would cause problems.”

The last time she had been in France her parents had pleaded to be given back their titles and wealth, the response had been a threat that if they ever returned they would be shown no mercy. If Annie went, even as just a vacation and another higher family saw her she had little hope about what would happen.

“While I may have only been there briefly my family is very traditional and taught with the full intent of us moving there one day. As for American schools.” She pulled a face and drank some coffee, “it depends where, some are all right while others are almost prisons. Nothing is funded so the teachers aren’t either and there are so many different problems to be honest.”

Laney.jpg
Madeleine Larson
Location: Mall/Mall Coffee Shop | Interactions: Moka-chan Moka-chan fancries1 fancries1
Madeleine found herself setting into the Sunday night blues but quickly resolved not to waste her time dwelling on it for Sunday's sake. Pushing herself backwards from her desk piled with her homework she promised to finish later in her swivel chair, she closed her eyes and spun until the chair stopped. When she opened her eyes, the chair stopped spinning facing out the window, where she could see her car parked in the driveway. Out it is, she thought.

Throwing on a long wool cardigan and slipping her wallet into her back pocket, she swung out of her bedroom and knocked on the door adjacent to hers.

"Riley, I'm going out. Where should I go?" she called through the door. Her younger sister opened the door, all ready to leave as well in her windbreaker and satchel.

"The mall. I'm coming." Riley replied. "I need art supplies." Madeleine held out her hand, and with a huff, Riley slapped gas money into it.

"Art supplies, or 'art supplies'?" Madeleine inquired of her sister with air quotes, the both of them ambling down the stairs.

"Both." They reached bottom of the stairs and Madeleine plucked her keys off the hook.

"Do the thing," she told her little sister.

"DAD, LANEY'S TAKING ME TO THE MALL BECAUSE SHE HAS NO FRIENDS!" Riley called throughout the house. Laney nudged her little sister.

"Be back before 10." Their father emerged from the kitchen, with his fingers in his ears.

"Laney, be careful." they all said in unison; her father shook his head, Laney gave two tired thumbs up, and Riley just rolled her eyes.

"Okayloveyoubye." Riley replied while Laney waved and pushed Laney out the door to her car.

The both of them slid into Laney's hunter green Pinto, the splashes of fall leaves reflected in her windshield as she backed out the driveway and cruised down the road to the mall, blasting 80s music all the way to Riley's displeasure. Everybody wants to rule the world! Laney sang and danced along to make it worse.

"Meet me at the fountain at 9:30." Riley instructed, already striding off towards the crafts store as she was tired of her older sister's antics.

"Okay. Have fun." Laney replied. She sighed. I am such an enabler, she thought, smiling to herself.

Laney craved something warm, something to set her into the mood of spending a few hours at the mall.

This would be way more fun if I had some friends to do something with, Laney thought to herself, walking off with a cup of warm milled apple cider, with a bit of a cinnamon bite she noticed. The cafe was warm in general, a plus in Laney's book, and the ambiance was good enough for a book. something Laney regretted not bringing. The cafe was sort of getting a little congested as people were filing in after work hours, and Laney was having trouble finding a table, let alone trying to navigate through them. As she was trying to pass through a strait between two tables, she accidentally tipped a book over the side of a table. Picking it up, she recognized it immediately; Beowulf. She had to read it last year as a Junior. She flipped it open, and there it was on the insider cover of binding; her name and year, as well as her school.

"Sorry about that." Laney said, handing the book back to a familiar blonde haired girl she knew she had seen before; as for her company, she had never seen her at all. Laney was sure she would remember someone so stylish though. Both were deep in conversation before Laney had interrupted. "I remember having to read that last year." She pointed out her name on the lender's list. "We go to the same school right?"

Last edited:
{August}
1e77a5fb4f56a6468e753fa3026e11e2.png
[IMG='width:480px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/79/e5/8f79e5c3576eed611a1446c616c091bb.jpg[/IMG] {Damian}

Interactions: N/A

Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Is this Christmas music really necessary? We haven't even past Halloween yet!", an annoyed Damian squawked at his brother.

August just shook his head, smiling. His brother was annoyed by anything and everything that was cheerful, which complicated things here and there, but overall just made it fun to tease him. August reached his hand out, grabbing the volume dial, and turning it to the right just a hair. The Christmas music rose in volume, but not by much. It may not have seem like a big difference to a normal person, but to someone with super-hearing, the music was practically blaring by now.

"Hey. My car, my music, my rules.", August asserted to his brother—in a serious, but joking tone.

Damian pursed his lips and pouted in response. The brothers were coming back from a hunt in the woods, since they had not satisfied their thirst in two days. The duo had caught and killed a lone buck, and had drained it dry of its blood. Satiated, the Chappelle brothers were now headed back home. August had to finish his homework and Damian, well, he just wanted to sleep and brood . . . as usual. They decided to take August's car because Damian didn't feel like driving, besides, August was low on gas too. Luckily, they were nearing a gas station, as both of them could smell the scent of petroleum; and the windows were down.

Damian, facing away from his brother out of annoyance, was reconsidering his decision to agree with his brother on taking August's car. Fortunately, Damian had the scenery of Cleora to help drown out the cheerful melody that bellowed from the car's stereo. Red, orange, and yellow, in various shades, glued to the branches of nature. And that Autumn air, it was cold and crisp, yet satisfying. So lost in thought at the beauty of Cleora, Damian was unaware that August had pulled in to a gas station, parking next to pump three.

"Alright, I'm going in to get a snack and pay for the gas,", August spoke, sending a last minute text to his friend, "you want anything?".

Damian, his train of thought now recollected, pondered about what he would want. And it didn't take long before he said, "Yeah. Can you get me a pack of those Combos and mocha?". Damian stared into the windows of the gas station.

"A mocha? Really?", August looked up from his phone and at his brother.

"Yes. A mocha.", Damian's tone had not shifted from before.

August flicked his eyebrows up and discretely shook his head; now he was the one who was irritated. August was finishing up his text and said, "Okay then.". He hit send, turned his phone off, and put it into the console of his BMW. Auggie opened the driver's side door and the car shut off, but the Christmas music continued to play. He shut the door and began his stride towards the entrance of the gas station.

Back in the car, Damian watched as his younger brother strode in to Sheetz. He observed his brother stroll through the aisles, looking for the snacks.

"Our cheeks are nice and rosy and comfy cozy are we. We're snuggled up together like two birds of a feather would be,"

"Alright, enough with the Christmas music.", Damian spoke to himself. He picked up his brother's phone from the console and turned it on. The lock screen was a picture of August and his ex-boyfriend, cuddled together on a couch. "Pitiful.", Damian sneered. The lock screen was flooded with Snapchat notifications and two text messages; but above all of those notifications were the controls for the music. Damian's finger slapped the pause button, and, instantly, the music came to a halt.

"Finally.", a relieved Damian sighed. He turned his brother's phone off and returned it to its original location. Damian's eyes, and attention, trailed back to the windows of Sheetz, where he found his brother waiting patiently at the MTO counter. August had followed his brother's demand for a mocha, and Damian found a little satisfaction out of that. And all of a sudden, the wafting scent of something odd had drifted into Damian's nostrils. His senses tingled and he followed the scent with his eyes. Across the lot was a girl, dressed in dark clothes. She sat by herself, eating her fried food and sipping on a sweet drink. But she had a strong, pungent scent to herself. One that Damian now recognized.

"Werewolf.", he mumbled.​

Last edited:
1539568110626.png
Location: Mall's Coffee Shop | Interactions: Moka-chan Moka-chan sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Isabella's previous frown returned, this time more pronounced than ever, as she heard Annie's story. She was curious as to why it was dangerous for her and her family to go to France, but she knew questioning the girl so suddenly after meeting her could turn her away. The best thing she could do, would be to bide her time and find out sometime later. While the intrigue was strong, Isabella wasn't worried about the girls secret. After all, compared to being a blood-sucking undead monster, her secret couldn't be so bad.

"I'm sorry," the girl said with upmost sincerity, "that must truly be horrible. I don't know what problems you're talking about, and you don't have to tell me, but if I've learned anything is that problems tend to be solved with time. Maybe not now, and not soon, but someday you might be able to go to France again," the girl commented solemnly. "Then again, at the end of the day, I really am just a teenager Granted, I am a very fun and interesting teenager. But still a seventeen year old, so what do I know?"

Relief flooded through her mind as Annie continued to talk about American schools, glad to leave the subject of France behind. She loved the country, but knew better than to talk about it when it seemed to upset the other girl. Her eyes were quickly drawn to Annie's coffee, briefly wondering if she should buy a coffee herself to maintain appearances. After all, it was weird for someone to hang around a coffee shop if they weren't going to order anything. Then again, it wasn't like the coffee would actually help her with anything, as she had gone hunting to the natural preserve just a few hours after the sun had set (not that coffee would be a good replacement for the delicious taste of human blood). Still, it didn't seem like anyone cared about what she ordered. "Really? Interesting. You would think they would try to fund their schools, considering the fate of the country kinda rests on the arms of the future generations, but oh well. To each their own," Isabelle replied with a shrug. "What can you tell me about the other students? Are they cool? Is there anything or anyone weird I should watch out for?"

Before she got her answer, their conversation was interrupted by another girl who looked to be about their age, if not slightly older. From the few things she could gather about the girl, she could tell she wasn't a threat. Considering her friendly demeanour and the way she returned her book to Annie. "You go to Cleora District High School too?" Isabelle inquired, scanning the girl with a friendly smile. "You probably don't know me. I'm Isabelle Leclair, I'm supposed to be joining you guys tomorrow. And you are?"

9E3FA5CC-7035-48F1-98D9-6E175852391B.jpeg
Location: coffee shop. With: fancries1 fancries1 sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Annie appreciated that Isabelle wasn’t pushing her on the subject of her family and gave a grateful smile. At the woman telling her meters get better with time she nodded, “I hope so. My parents worry over it daily and I personally just want to visit again.” She picked up the way Isabelle kept stating she was a teenager and just 17, but refused to think about why the other was saying it so often.

She thought she saw Isabelle glance at her coffee but once again pushed away the question of why the other wouldn’t have her own drink or snack. Instead she focused on what the other was talking about and nodded with a sigh. “You would think they would care more about education for that very reason, but apparently not.”

After thinking a bit Annie was just about to answer when her textbook was lifted away and another girl asked about it, Annie could have sworn she had seen her around but couldn’t come up with a name. She was so distracted trying to remember she almost missed what was said, “huh? Oh yeah I go there, pretty sure I’ve seen you around. I’m Annie, you’re a senior right?”

Laney.jpg
Madeleine Larson
Mall Coffee Shop | Interacts: Moka-chan Moka-chan fancries1 fancries1

"Yeah, I'm graduating this year." Laney replied amicably. "It's nice to meet the both of you. I know it says Madeleine Larson in the book, but you can call me Laney. Laney Larson." Laney couldn't help guessing at Isabelle's accent. "Your accent, it's French right? Are you a transfer?"

Laney suddenly shook her head. "I'm so sorry, I keep intruding. I already interrupted conversation and now I'm apart of it." Laney chuckled. "I'm just good at bumping into people I guess. I knew I had seen you around before," Laney addressed Annie, "but I wasn't sure because I had never seen Isabelle before."

From behind her, someone had pulled out their chair into the back of Laney's legs, nearly making her fall forwards on Annie and Isabelle's table. A bit of her hot apple cider spilled over the side and dripped over her fingers. The cafe had gotten even more congested, without an open seat in sight, save for the one at Annie and Isabelle's table.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Laney asked them. "It might save me from getting trampled."

Last edited:
0d7e029ba4bfd8477975ad93aba66ffa.jpg Dylan Evergreen
Interaction: Jabo0ody Jabo0ody
Mentioned:

Dylan was starting to realize that this probably wasn't the best place to be hanging out. Especially for someone like her. The scent of gasoline was very prominent, almost to the point where it was overwhelming, and that mixed with soap and was from the car wash, and ciggerte smoke were just...well, it was making it pretty hard to enjoy her snack. However, perhaps put of sheer laziness, Dylan just sat there scrolling through her notes while slowly eating her last two cheese sticks. And that's when she heard it.

With the sound of another car pulling up, and the door opening, she had to her the fact that the very loud Christmas music had just pierced her eardrums like a festive icepick. She alsmot dropped her phone actually, but managed to hang onto it, and she very casually covered her hear closest to the car until the door shut, and the music was muffled. "It's not even the end of October yet, what the hell," She muttered, lowering her hand after another few moments. At first, she didn't realize who it was that pulled up, but through every other scent assaulting her from the parking lot, she picked up on that unmistakable stench of the undead.

"Vamps," She muttered to herelf, glancing over her shoulder at the newest car. That was one of the Chappelle brothers, if she remembered correctly. Her Uncle sometimes mentioned the older one for various reasons, non of which she had ever paid attention to. Out of curiosity she looked inside, and very briefly spotted August. "Guess they travel in pairs," She said with a light scoff, before standing up. She grabbed the bag, and now half empty milkshake, tossing the bag in the trash, before taking a long sip of her milkshake as she walked to her car. Which just so happened to be at pump two, right beside the vampire. When she noticed his eyes on her, Dylan reached up to raise her sunglasses a bit to reveal her eyes, and gave Damien a little wink, before opening her car door.

She put her milkshake in the cupholder, and pulled the little lever that released the door for her as tank, before she went around to start filling up her little red Nissan.

D6BBEF3D-CD05-490D-8BBC-D3FC129477B0.jpeg
Location: coffee shop with sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra fancries1 fancries1

“Nice to meet you Laney.” She watched as Laney fought against the crowd and nodded to the empty chair next to her. “Yeah go ahead and sit. also don’t apologize, you haven’t done anything wrong. Also yes beowulf, but I’m holding writing my essay to the side for now. Please don’t judge.”

Annie smiles at Laney, “so any tips you can give to a poor junior?” She had seen her enough around school to want to know more about her and now was what seemed like the perfect time.

Laney.jpg
Madeleine Larson
Location: Mall Coffee Shop | Interacts: Moka-chan Moka-chan fancries1 fancries1
"Thank you so much," Laney exhaled in relief, making sure her chair was tucked in as far in as it could be to save herself from more unwanted turbulence. "I would've been roadkill." Annie pushed aside Beowulf , admitting the procrastination of her essay. Laney smiled knowingly and laughed to let her know it was alright, as she had been there, done that. As Laney settled into her seat, Annie asked her for some Junior year advice.

"Oh jeez, where do I start?" Laney chuckled, glancing at a lazy ceiling fan above them for ideas. "Um, well, whatever you think is hard, just keep going - it gets easier if you keep going at it, and only if you keep going at it. But that doesn't mean not to enjoy yourself. Make friends and ask them for help or for food, make jokes. That also makes things easier to get through. Add pizza and you're good to go. That's all I know in terms of serious stuff, I guess." Laney thought harder, remembering her Junior year with some melancholy nostalgia, but veered towards positive pragmatism. "Not that the other stuff isn't useful though. If you're ever looking for a place to nap, there's an old conference room in the library they use for storage, and it's got a bunch of old couches in it. The code to the any of the staff bathrooms, which are way more lavish than the student bathrooms, is 0104. And you can get free snacks from the vending machine if you kick it in this certain spot in the side; it takes a lot of skill to be able to kick it without making a sound, but I can always show you how. I think that's all I can tell you without having to show you," Laney finished. "You both look like you've got this, so you probably have nothing to worry about. I'm always around if you need me though."

Laney took a sip of her cider.

"So do you have any tips for me?" She coyly smiled from behind her cup.

[IMG='align:left;width:458px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/41/c8/d3/41c8d3ae6fca4e05b76e27839398b670.jpg[/IMG]
Nickoli Syr
Interaction: None
Mentioned: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra fancries1 fancries1 Moka-chan Moka-chan Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer

Nickoli was tired and annoyed with being trapped at home, he'd finish his homework on Friday, not one to procrastinate on assignments. Now it was Sunday and he'd done everything he planned for the weekend and gone through his fathers tortuous sparing lessons, done all of his chores, and gone hunting. He was ready for the new week, but staying home was getting to be boring. His brothers were playing in the game room so there was no way he could get that, his parents were in the living room so he couldn't watch TV. Sadly his father had a two Television policy, only two TVs could on at the same time in the house. Getting off his bed where he'd been brooding he grabbed his white long sleeve and blue jeans he'd placed on his chair earlier preferring to stay in his boxers when at home. Putting his clothes on, and shoving a pair of black vans on he grabbed his keys and wallet, double checking to make sure he had everything he stepped out of his room.

"I should probably invite Rodrick, see if he'd like to hang out at the mall", he thought to himself speeding down the stairs, he was certain his friend was just as bored as he was. Heading to the living room where his parents were he headed over to them "Hey mom, dad. I'm heading to the mall I'll probably meet up with Rodrick. We won't stay out too late so you don't need to worry." He said quickly before his father could make any compliments. "You better not be late Nick" his father thoughted knowing he would be listening, nodding Nickoli showed he'd heard the clear warning behind the words. "Alright love have fun and try not stay out too late it is a school night," his mom said out loud. Smiling at her he leaned down to kiss her cheek, bidding them goodbye once more before setting out for his car. He could his brothers thinking of ways they could cheat each other in the game they were playing. They would obviously find out that the other was cheating and a fight would break out, shaking his head Nick unlocked his car pulling out of the driveway and heading into town.

He would park at the cafe just outside the mall, grab something to 'eat' while he waits for Rodrick to meet him. The cafe also had lots of people around which gave him a chance to train his abilities and find out what the latest gossip of the town was. Making it to the cafe in less than 10 minutes due to his love for speeding he quickly found a parking spot and stepped out of his car. He walked to towards the entrance of the cafe listening to several people's conversation. An act his father found rude, stating that it was an invasion of peoples privacy. Nick had always stated that he could not shut it out, which in a way was a lie. He could turn it down, almost like a radio on low volume, the music still there but barely recognizable. But he found it comforting listening to others conversation, their minds often brought humour and silly stories. He also never went too far, shutting a person's voice off if they had something personal they clearly wanted no one to know. Listening in Nickoli heard the usual worry for the new week most people had. But what caught his attention was the voice of a new person in town, a girl who was also like himself, a vampire. She was sitting with two other girls who he knew off, they went to his school and he'd often read their thoughts. The girl Annie was in his English class and several other classes if he remembered correctly but wasn't exactly sure. They seemed to be discussing Beowulf, he'd not struggled on the assignment as Annie seems to be doing.

Buying a cup of hot chocolate and a cream cheese bagel Nick found a sit close to the girls but not too close that he'd seem like a freak. He was extremely interested in the girl who seemed like she was from France. He was intrigued by her. He found it comfortable knowing the number of vamps and werewolves in his town, and also the girl looked nice and would probably be in need of a friend, at least a supernatural one. He couldn't wait for Rodrick to get to the cafe, maybe they'd both say hello to her. "Get your ass here fast there's a new vamp in town", he texted his friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back