• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Highschool Bites [Official RP]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rodrick Adalgis Bosch

6df3a1a3fe87d2e8788d2d0cbb390ce9.jpg
Interaction: Colelovesrp Colelovesrp
A kick connected with Rodrick’s ribs and the force of it sent him flying into a nearby tree where a loud thudding noise emanated as his back hit the trunk hard enough to knock the wind out of his lungs.

“Do not go easy on me brother! A hunter never would, so neither should you. It's disrespectful and stupid to fight half-hearted, so stop holding back!” his brother said with half a growl. Of course, Rodrick already knew the man felt horrible for hitting Rodrick so hard, he always did. But tough love was Eric’s way and he would hide his pain from Rodrick if it was for his well being.

Also, this was what Eric understood as sparring. In his everlasting quest to keep Rodrick alive Eric sometimes took things slightly far, but it was for their survival so Rodrick put up with the occasional sparring session from hell. Besides Rodrick wasn’t weak, there were times where he actually won against his Viking of a brother, it wasn’t too often but still, it happened.

As he quickly stood up again, still smelling the moss covering the ground and the damp smell of the forest. His brother sighed and shook his head “let's just call it a day.”

Rodrick sighed in relief just as his phone let him know he had a text message. Smiling a half smile he took his phone and looked at his brother “well I am off anyway, Nick says there is a new vamp in town” he said with a smile his brother knew too well so Eric gave him a look of warning “don’t cause trouble again and grab a blood bag before you go so you won't attack someone out of hunger”

Rodrick chuckled before rolling his eyes “seriously? Okay mother I will be a good boy” he said before using his speed to get to their house, get ready and go to the mall to meet with Nick. It was a short run for one of his kind so it didn’t take him long before he arrived at Nicks table and greeted the other male.

Mars

Interactions: Jabo0ody Jabo0ody
Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden

She came to a compromise, draining a small animal to sate her hunger and moving the corpse onto the edge of a busy road. Roadkill. Nobody would question further than that. Her thumb reached up to wipe a spot of blood from the corner of her mouth as she wandered down the side of the road. Now that evening had set in, the street lights soaked her in a yellow light. She wandered alongside the passing cars, knowing she was in no danger.

Licking the drop of blood from her thumb, she wondered about the girl. Silly, silly girl to be out here alone- she hoped she made it home safe. Young women always won her sympathy because she saw herself in them.

She found herself drifting away from the road and into the gas station. She wasn't sure what drew her there- she had never driven. Her parents hadn't allowed it when she was alive and she definitely didn't have the legal documents to learn now. As she approached Sheetz, the strong smell of wet dog repulsed her. It made her visibly gag, pausing to cover her mouth with her hand. Much stronger than the smell of the dogs on the nature preserve. She kept her hand clamped over her nose and mouth as she passed by a girl filling up her car. She barely spared her a glance as she hurried inside.

Something about the lighting and the music crackling over the speakers comforted her as her feigned a cough before letting her hand fall back to her side. Gas stations were one of those things that didn't seem to change much, regardless of the year. Her father had worked at one during the 70s. She'd always pleaded to be allowed to play with the cash register.

A different sense of familiarity struck her as she approached the counter and ordered black coffee, more out of habit than anything else. She slipped back to wait next to the other vampire, "Hey, Chapelle. August, right? And that's your brother waiting out front. Damian, right? I keep my tabs."

She knew of them, as opposed to actually knowing them; they might have exchanged fleeting looks of recognition in public before, as vampires often did, "It slips my memory if we've ever been officially introduced before so it's lucky I ran into you. You can call me Mars."

1539610531553.png
Location: Mall's Coffee Shop | Interactions: Moka-chan Moka-chan sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer

Isabelle merely responded with a chuckle as the new girl asked about her nationality, despite the fact the girl's question confusing her. She didn't have a clear concept of what transfer students were, or how the system worked, for that matter. All she could make out from the context was it had to be connected to her clearly being a foreigner. "Erm, no. I'm not a transfer. To be honest I don't really know what that is," she admitted. "But I am French. I moved in a few weeks ago. With the Clarkes? You probably don't know them. Anyways, they work with foster children, I'm not sure they've got anything to do with transfers, though."

After Laney had taken her seat, the girls began talking about school. With Annie asking Laney for advice to survive junior year. Isabelle knew of the conversation's importance. Laney seemed to know what she was talking about, and Isabelle needed all the help she could get if she wanted to pass as a normal high school student. However, as much as she wanted to be invested in the conversation, her attention was somewhere else. In that moment, she sensed the unmistakable presence of another vampire. Her head quickly turned to face the other man, watching him as he sat on another table and as he greeted his friend; one who appeared to be another vampire. Isabelle couldn't believe it. She knew there were other vampires in the world, but they weren't exactly common to come by. It was incredibly surprising to find another vampire, let alone two, in the same place and the same time.

"Hey, those guys seem to be about our age, right? Do they go to the school too?" Isabelle asked, finally turning away from the other vampires. Even if their presence was odd, she wanted to take advantage of their encounter. It wasn't every day she met another vampire, after all. She wanted to get to know them, not only because she wanted to know what made the town such a hotspot for vampires, but because she simply wanted their friendship. While she had no problem lying, in fact, she downright enjoyed it sometimes, it often got tiring to hide her true identity around humans all the time. Befriending another vampire could give her the sense of freedom she longed for, the ability to truly be herself without having to fear prosecution. Besides, she wanted hunting buddies. Stalking innocent civilians to drain them of their blood wasn't the most entertaining activity in the world, after all.

Isabelle was well aware she already had the vampire's attention, judging by the way the first one to arrive had been looking at them ever since he entered the coffee shop. She knew they could tell she was a vampire, and there was a high chance they could be using their heightened sense of hearing to eavesdrop their conversation (an act she was all-too-guilty of herself). Having them join their table shouldn't be a hard task. "I think I saw one of them looking our way. Maybe they should join, don't you think?" She asked, hoping the other vampires would hear and accept her cryptic invitation.

"As for senior advice, all I can say is not to fall under pressure," Isabelle commented, almost as if it were an after thought. "I know adults like to go on and on about the importance of college or high grades to get a good job, but it's really not that hard. Especially if you want a career that doesn't have to do with academics. I mean, I only graduated elementary school and I was still able to find steady jobs and pay the rent. So, just try to have fun your last year. The world wont end with one bad grade or a bad exam."

Last edited:
Laney.jpg
Madeleine Larson
Location: Mall Coffee Shop | Interacts: Moka-chan Moka-chan fancries1 fancries1 Colelovesrp Colelovesrp
Laney listened intently and marveled at Isabelle's contribution to the conversation. Laney could sort of recall the Clarkes, but only through reputation. Laney was good with names and faces, but none came to mind. "It's still cool to have you around." Laney didn't want to pry into the foster home situation, or at least before they got to know each other better. She nodded with Isabella's words, finishing the last of her spiced apple cider, noting Isabelle's truths in having to graduate elementary school and get a job. Isabelle had Laney's respect for sure.

"If only it were so easy," she chuckled. "It's crunch time, unfortunately, will college applications and maintaining my GPA until graduation." She sighed, feeling the weight drop in her chest a little. "But that stuff's boring. Let's help each other make more new friends instead." she chirped up.

Laney turned around in her chair, aimed and sunk her empty cup into a trashcan. Off in the distance behind it, Laney caught sight of the two guys Isabelle had mentioned earlier. Laney gave them a wan smile and waved them over.

1539621502558.png
-Cherilyn Nichols-
Interactions: none
------
The scene around Cherilyn was buzzing, but the vampire tried desperately to ignore it. Here she was, Cleora. A new city,
a new school, and most of all, a new start. She had wandered absent-mindedly into the mall and quickly entered the cafe,
assuming that it would be quiet. That seemed to be the opposite, however, but now that she had bought herself a cup of
extremely bitter and dark coffee, she couldn't leave without seeming rude. She leaned her head against the window
and pulled her long coat around her.

It was stupid of her to buy the coffee, she knew, since she couldn't really drink it. It didn't even taste nice, and
it was slightly painful for her to chug down the black liquid just to keep the pretence of being normal. She coughed loudly as
the hot water hit the back of her throat. She coughed again. The coffee was having an instant effect, which wasn't a good
thing at all. Her chest burned and she doubled over, retching, as a cupful of coffee came up through her throat. She
closed her eyes in pain as she heaved, desperately willing her fangs not to bare.​

annie5.jpg
Mentions: fancries1 fancries1 sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Colelovesrp Colelovesrp
Annie nodded gratefully as her companions gave her advice, the only other person she could ask would be her brother Remy but he failed almost all of his classes. "Thank you guys so much. It's nice to hear that the world won't end if I don't get all A's." She couldn't help but notice Isabelle's confusion over what a transfer student was but once again pushed her questions away, she had made new friends and refused to become wary of them. She also resonded that maybe Isabelle had just been out of the school system for a really long time, and while that didn't answer everything it was enough to satiate her.

When Isabelle showed intrest in Nikoli, Annie looked over and smiled. "Oh yeah, he's in a bunch of my classes. He seems really nice and I think we once a project together but it was way at the start of the year. Can't really remember his name, Nicky maybe?" Annie watched as his companion joined him and also waved the boys over, "let's make this party bigger." If she was remembering correctly Nickoli wasn't having nearly as much difficulty with his classes as she was, and it would be nice to get another Junior in the group.

She had wanted to actually talk with him for a while but things always got in the way, but he seemed nice and like he would be a good friend. That and Juniors needed to stick together, College applications would need to be written and it would be easier to do with an agony aunt who knew the pain.

[IMG='width:450px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/41/c8/d3/41c8d3ae6fca4e05b76e27839398b670.jpg[/IMG]
Nickoli Syr
Interaction: None
Mentioned: sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra fancries1 fancries1 Moka-chan Moka-chan Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer

Leaning back on his chair Nick continued to listen to the girl's thoughts and conversation. It seemed Isabelle would be attending their school also, he would find out what classes she was taking later on. Hearing Rodrick's thoughts before he entered the cafe, he grinned at his friend as he sat in front of him "Sparring with Eric I assume?" he said referring to the reason as to why he took slightly longer than he'd expected of him. He caught note of the vamps thoughts, smiling to himself, he'd once wondered why supernaturals were drawn to Cleora but over the years he'd grown to love and accept it. Isabelle would love it also, and as for a friend to hunt with she would prefer Rodrick, Nick had stopped drinking from humans decades ago. But he definitely would be able to offer his friendship to her, he heard her words nodding that he would join them.

He also heard Annie's words realizing that they did have several classes together, and had done a project earlier in the year. He should make an effort to help the girl as she was struggling in English and some other classes. He almost choked when she called him Nicky, grimacing, he'd definitely heard several people call him that in their thoughts. He would have to fix that, didn't need other people calling him Nicky too. Standing up from his seat he nudged Rodrick to get up, "Let's say hello to the girls, make some friends. Be nice!" he thought to his friend, not wanting the vampire to hear.

Walking over to the girls he smiled at them, "Hello, sorry for staring rudely I thought I recognized Annie from English class, and Laney I think you have several classes with my older brothers. But sadly I don't think I've seen you around town or in school." He said to Isabelle smiling kindly at her taking a seat. Placing his cup of Hot chocolate on the table "I'm Nickoli by the way or Nick".

1539642440731.png
Location: Mall's Coffee Shop | Mentions: Moka-chan Moka-chan sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer thegirlwhohadnoname thegirlwhohadnoname
Relieved that the other girls were open to open their circle for the newcomers, Isabelle joined Laney in waving at the boys to come over. This seemed to catch their attention and, to her relief, they finally made their way towards the table. "Isabelle Leclair, pleasure to meet you," she replied as Nickoli introduced himself to the group. "I'm new. I just moved in with the Clarkes a few weeks ago. Lucky me, right? I'm starting to understand why everyone and their mother told me how special the town was. I don't see people like myself very often," she commented. Playfully winking at Nickoli and the other vampire who had yet to introduce himself.

She soon came to realise, however, the weight her words carried. She'd been so caught with shock over meeting another vampire, she'd almost forgotten the other two very human girls right next to them. Most humans wouldn't suspect anything odd or supernatural at first, but people in this town already proved to be different than the people she'd met in the bigger cities. It was more likely vampires and other supernatural creatures would keep their identity a secret, even in a place with a relatively high supernatural population, but Isabelle didn't want to take her chances. There was always the chance they'd heard or seen vampires before. In the worst case scenario, they could be involved with those supernatural hunters her mentor back in the 20's had warned her about after her transformation. Any hotspot for supernaturals could only mean a hotspot for ambitious hunters.

"I mean teenagers, you know? There weren't a lot of them in my old job. It's... refreshing to talk to someone who wont go on and on about their kid's smallpox or their divorce," the lies rolled from her tongue with ease as she managed to keep a calm demeanour. "Speaking of, I've been meaning to ask you. What do you guys do out here for fun? Are there any other activities around town that don't involve shopping malls and coffee?" She asked. Shorty before another girl caught her attention. She quickly noticed she was another vampire, something she was almost accustomed to at this point, practically vomiting the contents of her stomach. Isabelle grimaced, and noticed her cup on the floor. "Poor girl," she muttered, "guess she didn't like her coffee."

Annie smiled back at Nikoli and gave a small wave, "it's fine, it's only creepy if you start drooling. Nice to see you." She made a mental note not to call him Nicky to his face, though in her mind was a bit of a different story. She couldn't help but notice Isabelle's comment and quick wink, it also felt slightly that her explanation was a bit forced. But she dismissed it as her imagination considering the calm tone that came with the explination. "Yeah, it's nice having friends your own age. They know your struggles and can really help out in a bind, not to mention they keep you from going crazy." She took another sip of her now luke warm coffee, and turned at the sound of a girl hacking. She saw the fallen cup and glaring barista and felt a pang of pity, "I hope she's ok."

At the question of what there was to do here Annie thought for a moment before raising her hands to list off the activities. "Ok well barring the mall and this place, there's the theater which shows some pretty good stuff. They also do student discounts if you have your student I.D. so you should defiantly get one of those. The forest preserve, it's really pretty and fun to hike but dangerous to go alone or at night. Some people talk about feeling creeped out when around there and there were a few missing persons years back but don't let that freak you out. Umm, a dance club and a nightclub which is pretty self explanatory. But be careful for adults, sometimes they camp out and if they recognize you they call your parents. A gym to pump some iron, but looking at you guys I don't think it's necessary. A gas station, not exactly a place to hang out but they have some nice goodies. They also have some of the best slushies known to man kind. There are also some stray hiking paths and lakes but those are the top ones, I think I got everything." She looked to the others to make sure.

[IMG='align:right;width:496px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/41/c8/d3/41c8d3ae6fca4e05b76e27839398b670.jpg[/IMG]
Smiling Nick shook his head "No I can definitely assure you that I was not drolling" he said to Annie, chuckling softly at her thoughts. She would be able to call him Nicky in her thoughts, because to her the idea of him being able to read her thoughts would be absurd. Turning to Isabelle he offered her a kind smile, "Great save, you'll fit right in" he said inside her head while saying "Nice to meet you Isabelle, and I completely understood what you mean." out loud. He normally wouldn't reveal his powers to outsiders, meaning those who weren't close friends or family. But he believed that he would be able to trust the girl. Playing with the rim of his cup he listened to Annie nodding along as she listed off places teenagers could hang.

"There's also the Cleora Forest Preserve which you can hunt in if that your thing", he said directing the sentence mainly towards Isabelle. "There are also lots of beautiful landmarks to run through and explore, I personally enjoy going for runs early in the morning or late at night. There's a waterfall my brothers and I go to, to swim when we're bored. Honestly, I believe you'll enjoy it, and I could take you exploring sometime if you'd like. We could all go if you girls don't mind the long hike to the waterfall." He said leaning back slightly on his chair, taking notice of the girl coughing up her lungs. Grimacing he caught notice of the fact that she too was a vampire and also new in town, "Seems all the vamps are coming to Cleora" he thought to himself, staring over at the girl to see if she would need help.

Rodrick Bosch
6df3a1a3fe87d2e8788d2d0cbb390ce9.jpg
Interaction: Colelovesrp Colelovesrp fancries1 fancries1 sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Moka-chan Moka-chan
Rodrick raised an eyebrow at his friend “spying on peoples minds again I see.” he whispered in a barely audible whisper only they would hear before smiling.

He might prefer if his friend stayed out of his head yet as they got to know each other he had gotten used to it. Besides if Rodrick had a power like that… he shook his head, no better he didn’t go there.

“Yes we were sparring again, I am suspecting it's because he’s going out of town for a couple of days and wanted to make sure I am in control of myself, but enough of that, yes let's go meet the new girl” he said and stood up to follow his friend.

He stopped at the table the girls were sitting at and waited for Nick to introduce himself. He looked at each of the girls and noticed that he had seen most of them in or around the school.

Rodrick chuckled at the slip up Isabelle had made about people like them and after their introduction slipped in his “I am Rodrick Bosch” short and simple, especially since the conversation was already starting.

While he stood and listened to the people around him talk he couldn’t help but chuckle on the inside at the question of what else they did for fun. There was no possible way for him to answer that in its entirety while in the presence of humans so he decided that for once it might be better not to open his big mouth.

What people considered fun and what vampires did in many cases ended up being different things. Especially if you were a rather free one instead of a vampire fearing his own nature or even resenting it. Rodrick wasn’t one of them, despite his lack of control he liked being what he was.

Evelynn Sanders
Interactions: None

Evie sighed, slipping back into the kitchen and giving a tired but happy smile to her boss. She made sure she had turned in all payments and receipts before removing her apron and hanging it on the wall peg. "You headed out Ev?" Her boss asked from across the kitchen. "Yup, the customers are all set and I cleaned up the counters." Evie replied with a smile. She pulled the tip envelope from her apron and tucked it into her pocket before pulling her hoodie on. "Why don't you stay for a coffee and pie, hun? Relax a little before you go back to school tomorrow. I'll have it on counter in 5." Evie smiled at her bosses 'no room for negotiating' tone and nodded. "Thank you, that'd be nice." She said before heading into the dining area to wait for the treat. She sat at the counter and hummed lightly, appreciating the time opportunity to rest.​

Hanah Solo
streets
Open (help needed)

Hanah noticed time from one of shops that she walked past. Her mother's work shift had ended, so she started walking towards alley where they often meeted before heading home.

As Hanah started getting closer towards meeting place, she heard short scream and then howling. She didn't know what was that, was someone watching movies close by with open window? She turned to alley that was dark still. She knew that lights would switch on any minute, she must have come early as they hadn't turned on yet. She saw movement at ground where her mother would stay waiting her normally.
"Mum?"
Movement stopped and Hanah walked closer.
"Mum ale you okay?"
Suddenly lights turned on and Hanah saw huge dog top of her mother's torn body. She let out loud scream, turned around and tried to run away, only to stumble over to ground.​

Last edited:
0d7e029ba4bfd8477975ad93aba66ffa.jpg Dylan Evergreen
Interaction: Veltsu VI Veltsu VI
Mentioned: N/A

After she had finished filling up her car, she got in and drove off, beginning her short commute home. She and her family didn't live too far from the gas station, maybe about 15 minutes, but as she passed a small series of streets, she heard a scream. Pulling over, she turned her music down, listening for it this time. There, another scream, this time someone screaming out for their mom. She almost immdeiatly turned her car off and got out, smelling the air. The result caused her to growl. Someone had just been attacked on her territory.

She was an Alpha, and as far as she knew, the only one there in Cleora with any sort of holding. So, yeah, this was her fucking territory. Taking her jacket and sunglasses off, she tossed them both into her car, before running off in the direction of the screams and smell of blood. Upon arriving at the scene, she saw the body, the girl, and the wolf. Not one she knew, so probably one just passing through, or perhaps it was just a normal canine. Either way, it would work in her favor. She ran past the girl who had just tripped, putting herself between the redhead and the dog, wolf, thing. Her eyes would change color, a show of dominance, but that's also what happened when she was she was basically telling the dog thing to fuck off. And it did, it growled, but turned and ran off. Dylan turned back to the girl, her eyes back to normal. "You're going to need to call 911."

Hanah Solo
streets
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Hanah cried and sobbed answer.
"No phone."
Only phones they had have where Hanah's father's mobile phone, that he had taken with him and landline that had been cutted when they couldn't pay bills.

Hanah didn't make move to get up, as her ankle hurted, she had injured it at falling. She also had couple days old bruises around her body and broken rib from school and outside, as her bullies had pushed, hitted, kicked and tripped her.​

Dylan seemed to wince. She could hear the broken rib, the girls elevated heartbeat, and the absences of the woman's who had been attacked. Whether she was truly gone or not though was up in the air. Squatting down next to the girl, as Dylan saw no point in checking the older one. She very gently touched the girls ankle, coming to the conclusion that it was probably sprained. "You can't walk, can you?" She muttered, "Can I carry you? My car is up the street, my phone's inside. I don't feel right leaving you alone like this." She wasn't lying, and she wasn't sure if that dog she had scared off would actually stay gone, so if she could at least keep this girl safe.

Hanah Solo
streets
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Hanah shaked her head to question about walking and nodded to carrying.
"Mom?"
Hanah asked with soft voice. Her stomach growled bit.

Hanah's mother has couple 100 dollars from working oldest work in history. Most of that money was going to get saved to pay rent and collected to pay bit of depth and rest to food.​

Dylan made sure to pick the girl up on the side without a broken rib, since she could hear the slight movements of the bone. "I'll check on her in a minute, but, look, I don't wanna sound blunt, but she probably doesn't have long." Dylan said this quietly as she carried the girl to her car, managing to open the passenger side door, an set the girl down so she could call 911.

She stood a bit away from her car as she talked to the dispatcher, telling her the situation, their location, etc. After she had, she walked back over to her car. "The ambulance is on the way," Dylan said, "Can you tell me what happened?"

Hanah Solo
streets
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Hanah started crying again when hearing about her mother and continued crying when her rescuer talked at phone. When Dylan walked back to Hanah, she stopped crying.
"We meet hele evely day, when Mom's wolk shift is ovel. Mom has only key to home, dad taked othel when he left."
Hanah's tone switched from soft to scared when mentioning her father, before going back to soft.
"I came ealy and it was dalk. I saw movement whele Mom stands nolmally. When lights tulned on thele was dog."
Hanah started crying again and her body started panicking.

Last edited:
{August - outfit} [IMG='width:400px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/ac/29/11ac294cba91ea9cbbc18de3d78a3812.png[/IMG] [IMG='width:600px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/3c/b2/cf3cb236f4755a50a9a657f5743f4f1a.jpg[/IMG] {Damian - outfit}

Interactions: jinkx jinkx

Mentions: N/A​

When August walked into the gas station, the prominent smell of coffee and candy had struck his sense of smell. And, despite his hate for tasting sweets, he did relish the smell of sweets and, especially, coffee beans. And sweets was exactly what August was in search of. Well, not exactly. August just wanted to get some snacks for him and his brother, since consuming human food was a fine way to 'blend in' with the general population. Plus, even though August is undead, he still appreciates the taste of modern snacks. Especially Cheez-Its—which he considers to be the best of all human snacks so far.

August casually walked over to the snack-pack aisle and proceeded to walk down it. He came across his Cheez-Its, grabbing three small bags, and next to his snacks were the Combos that his brother wanted, conveniently. Since Damian had not specified how many he'd like, August assumed that two bags would suffice. If not, oh well, he should have come in with Auggie then. But nothing completes a snack more than a nice drink to wash it all down with. So, August wandered over towards the cold drinks section. Faced with so many options, August couldn't decide on what he was in the mood for. A hurried decision led to August grabbing a bottle of Unsweetened ice tea.

The last inquired item was a frozen drink, for his brother. August, with his hands already full, shuffled his way past the MTO line and to the Kiosk where you place your order. Knowing precisely what his brother likes in his drink, August ordered the drink and grabbed the printed receipt, now making his way towards the cashier. The cashier scanned through the items like it was nothing and gave August his total. A little taken back at such working speed for an elderly lady, August slowly pulled out his wallet and paid for the items.

"If there was a competition for scanning items, she'd definitely win.", his thought echoed.

The old cashier bagged his treats and shooed him off, as if he was a pestering fly. August grabbed the bag from the counter and scurried off to wait in line for his order. But the line hadn't moved a bit since he last saw it. The workers were still busy preparing a lady's large order, but that was all-in-part because of the five children gleefully skipping around the store.

And while it may have seemed like August was waiting patiently on the outside, he was drowning with agitation on the inside. Every thought was focused on why he should have just skipped getting his brother the drink, but, August was good guy. A nice guy. And nice guys are always taken advantage of. But an odd feeling had whipped August out of his thoughts. Someone was approaching him, and they were certainly a vampire—since he couldn't hear their heartbeat. By the way they walked, and the scent they carried, August could tell it was a female.

Before August could describe the woman any further, however, she began to strike a conversation with him. And when she spoke, August knew he heard her voice before.

"Uh, yeah. I'm August and he's Damian.", she knew them, but August couldn't remember her name for the life of him, "I'm sorry, but do I know you?"​

Laney.jpg
Madeleine Larson
Location: Mall Coffee Shop | Interacts: Moka-chan Moka-chan fancries1 fancries1 Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer thegirlwhohadnoname thegirlwhohadnoname

The group had become a gathering as more familiar yet new faces populated the table. The guys seemed relatively friendly, already beginning banter easily with one another. Laney had seen some of Nickoli before, but he was right that she saw more of his brothers instead. Laney hadn't met Rodrick before, but he seemed mellow and cool. However, both were welcoming. Maybe a bit over welcoming. Laney saw the familiarity Isabelle had with the two despite never having met one another. She felt like she was eavesdropping on old friends for some reason, though they were just talking about normal "new-in-town" subjects, like things to do. It's not like something wasn't right, it just felt too right. They all just bumped into each other and were getting to know each other in an easy instant. It was too weird, but Laney just tried to shake the doubts out of her head, scolding herself for suspecting anything other than ordinary. She just guessed she wasn't used to this sort of luck.

Laney was just about to chime in again about hiking in the Preserve, something she loved, but as Nickoli was inviting them on a hike to the waterfall, a girl not far away caught her attention. The girl was hunched over hacking and heaving.

"I'd love to, just one sec." Laney excused herself and trotted over to the girl hacking on her coffee.

Laney asked tapped on the girl's shoulder, looking for responsiveness. Whether it was something lodged in her throat or a respiratory condition, Laney was ready to administer the Heimlich or CPR.

"Hi, are you alright?"

Annie couldn’t help but feel he hairs on the back of her neck stand, something odd was at play here and not even she could ignore it. Something deep down began to rear its ugly head and whisper that she should run or fight. Instead she mentally berated herself and forced a smile, “I’d love to go hiking. A good hike always helps me sleep.”

She pushed away any new concerns she had over the rest of the group, she knew Nikolai well enough to know he wouldn’t kill her or Madeline. Annie also got the vibe from Isabelle that she wouldn’t do anything, and Roderick seemed friendly enough. With that she was finally able to dismiss the uncertainty that had clouded her mind, she wasn’t about to go burning bridges because of paranoia.

She watched as Madeline got up and went over to the choking girl and raised as well, her hand going to her phone incase an ambulance was needed. “Everything ok?”

Mars

Interactions: Jabo0ody Jabo0ody

He seemed almost confused by her presence, as if he hadn't expected her to speak to him. She sized him up, curiously; Mars had a little sympathy for those who would never have the chance to grow up. It was much harder for them to be independent in society and they didn't have much choice than to play the role of the child, of the adolescent, of the highschooler. She wasn't sure how old August Chapelle was exactly but she could estimate and she almost pitied him for being trapped as a teenager. Endless high school. Mars hadn't stepped foot in a high school since 1966 and she didn't intend to ever do so again.

"Like I said, I keep my tabs," She replied, "I've been to some particularly nasty places before where vampire on vampire crime is far from uncommon. It didn't take me long to figure out that things work differently around here. But it doesn't hurt to be aware of others of my kind. Though, it's difficult in places like this- Cleora seems to draw in people like ourselves."

And it wasn't just vampires, she was referring to. There seemed to be a plethora of supernatural activity in Cleora, which she found to be both rather charming and rather unsettling. Humans are social creatures and although she had been long dead, the human need for others of her own kind had not vanished. She enjoyed the knowing glances she exchanged with others in public- like she was part of something bigger. But there was danger too. Sure, a lot of supernatural beings had settled into human society, but some were restless, bitter. Trouble always seemed to have a way of finding her.

"I moved here last year," Mars added, for his benefit, "I'm certain we've met before but I'm not sure we've ever truly struck up conversation."

Her coffee was finished and she picked it up from the counter, flashing the barista one of her dazzling smiles. Nursing her coffee, Mars returned to the side of the other vampire. She supposed that now she could walk out of the door and disappear, if she wanted to, but something about that sense of familiarity drew her back. Meeting another of her kind was like being into a foreign country and running into a stranger from home.

"I get the impression that your brother is the boss of you," She said, taking a sip of her drink, "Judging by the fact that he gets to wait in the car while you're in here. Am I right?"

1539828757916.png
Location: Mall's Coffee Shop | Mentions: Moka-chan Moka-chan sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Retro Dreamer Retro Dreamer thegirlwhohadnoname thegirlwhohadnoname

Isabelle tried her hardest to maintain her calm as she heard Nickoli voice inside of her head. She knew some vampires had special abilities, other than the ones she possessed. This, however, didn't make it any less of an odd experience. She'd only come in contact with a handful of vampires, none of which had been able to invade her mind in the way Nickoli did. She made a mental note to ask him to refrain from entering her mind ever again. There was no knowing of what his powers allowed him to see, and Isabelle didn't want him learning things he wasn't supposed to know- vampire or not.

"Yes, well, that's good to know," she replied nervously, still trying to make sense of the situation. After taking a quick, deep breath, she was able to properly focus on the conversation. "Well, I do enjoy movie theatres," she commented, despite the fact it wasn't the location that truly caught her attention. That distinction went to the forest and natural preserves. She yearned for a good hunt, to feel the adrenaline coursing through her veins and the undistinguishable feeling of being alive. A sensation an undead person didn't get to experience often. "I'd like that. There's nothing like a good hike, especially during the night. I can't stand the sun, sunburns are such a pain in the ass."

"Hey, why don't we go there now?" Isabella blurted out, rather selfishly ignoring the choking vampire behind her. "The night is still young, and we all said we like hiking. Why don't we drive to the forest and go to the waterfall Nick was telling us about? Don't tell me it doesn't sound better than hanging out at a coffee shop like every other teenager in town," she explained. Truth was, she was simply thirsty. If she was lucky, she would be able to spend more time with the other vampires, maybe learn some of the techniques for hunting in the forest. Isabella was used to hunting in large cities, hunting her victims in dark alleys or abandoned buildings, never in such a freeing, natural location.

She nodded, glancing over her shoulder. "Damn ferals just need to stay out of town," Dylan muttered quietly, before looking back to the girl. "I don't think that was a dog. To big, and the dogs around here don't do... well, that." She was trying to kinda shift the attention away from how she may have known what it was, or her comment from before. "The thing that attacked your mother, have you seen it before? Around here, where you two meet up?" Honestly, Dylan should probably just stop asking questions, and just try to comfort this girl, but she wasn't the greatest when it came to that. Maybe she could do something to help her other than this. That through reminded her of the stomach growling she had heard earlier. "Hey, if you're hungry, I think there's some chips, or maybe a granola bar in the glovebox. You can have it if you want it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back