• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Highland Academy for Powered Individuals [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Claude Allcrest

Ookurikara.full.1954610.jpg
Nearby: Everyone
@Tags: the whole gang (I'm laaaazzyyy)
Claude shook his head when Victoria ignored his royal friend, shrugging as she walked away. "Impressions aside, it's a bad idea. Not only do we not have our King and Queen pass, her arms would heal at a speed that would make it more of a bore than anything. I didn't expect her to blow you off like that though." He turned to her again and smirked, leaning on his desk. He laughed softly at her trademark deduction, glancing about as she pointed them out in turn. He also used the opportunity to take in the confrontation between Min and Wen, a common sight, but an interesting one. He was secretly glad he didn't have to excercise his powers as new member of the disciplinary committee; apprehension of the two would almost surely cause him to expend a great deal of effort. He pulled on his golden and recently bejeweled necklace of die, rolling it in his hands before letting it rest on his chest again. But it solved himself, and Claude stifled a silent laugh and smirked at Min's ever so enjoyable mean girl attitude. Something he noticed the Russian transfer enjoyed as well. Interesting.

"Ever the detective, Hare. You're definitely on the right track. In order of who've you called out, I'm interacting with you because.... well it's you of course. Can't ignore my Queen, even if we aren't royalty anymore. My assistant is someone who I became pretty close friends with because I find interesting and entertaining, and the slivered hair girl you see over there is Min. She's one of my best friends, which was initially hard to believe considering the first time we met she threw food on one of my coats and I would've riddled her with holes if not for the fact i was entertaining company. The comment is likely a jab at the fact I was just talking to two attractive girls, and as usual, I'm...well I'm me." She knew how easy he could wrap someone around his finger and his popularity with the opposite sex, and he complimented it with a sigh as he showed her his screen and made a single scroll through his vast unopened messages before setting his phone on his desk.

He winced a bit on the topic of Izzy, letting out a heavy sigh. "That's a particularly interesting story. Long story short, I became friends with benefits with Min, without knowing that her and Izzy, Izzy being that girl who wont look at me and used to be one of my close friends, were secretly dating. I understand why she doesn't like me, but I had no clue." He cleared his head and smiled again, tilting his head as he looked at her. "Moving on, what about you? I doubt you'd let me monopolize your time, given this is the opportune time for greetings. Tell me who's got your interest and I'll introduce you."

Victoria looked at scales in Nao’s hand in amazement “that would be really cool! I love snakes!” Gently shaking Nao’s hand before letting go “I think it would be a short conversation, are they the type to cuddle?” Victoria reaches into her top and pulled out a pen, offering it to Nao. “Um.....Would it....be okay if I touch your tail?” Blushing as she reached out slowly with her free hand. Victoria was starting to enjoy social interactions, and Nao seemed to be quite interesting and quite nice. Victoria had subconsciously formed cat ears and a tail again, the tail was swaying behind her and Victoria’s ears were standing up on her head.
Hibiscus Hibiscus

Min Johannas
1586306619904.png
Min smiled, glad that Nat wasn't taken aback by her less bubbly nature. She couldn't be nice to everyone and those who treat her poorly don't provide her with much motivation to try. Given Wen's power and personality matching what she was taught were the types of empowered who deserved to be lobotomized didn't help. Min's prejudice was confirmed in meeting Wen, and she wasn't one to change something so deeply ingrained in her.

Listening to Nat, Min looked at her a bit concerned. Lowering the bubbly attitude a bit Min smiled "If you'd like, I can help you catch up! If you're used to private tutors I don't mind being one to help you. Of course there's loads of other smart student who can help as well. Izzy, Claude, and Leon are all very studious and smart, Alaric and Victoria are very talented in athletics, and Haruo and Naoto are very talented." Min offered softly, as she looked at Nat. It was nice to have someone like Nat with her, it reminded her of spending time with Ren.

Not that she knew much about him, but she had a feeling given his personality as a kid he'd turn out similar to Nat, only a bit more hyper. Min smiled and bounced slightly, happy with her company, she almost forgot about her troubles. However from the corner of her eyes she noticed Claude and Hare again. Trying he best to not look she didn't really know why she cared so much. They were just friends and nothing more. I don't know how many friends buy houses for one another, but then again I havent' had any friends besides the ones here, Min thought to herself.

With a deep breath she was just going to push all those feelings she had deep deep down into herself. Hearing Mr. Tate start class Min smiled over at Nat and sat down at the seat and began the class.

After ClassFeeling warm and full Min felt enough confidence and comfort to meet Harriet. Subconsciously working out a plan of attack in her mind. Min looked over to Nat and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Natalia, let me introduce you to one of the guys here, I really like." Min said as she sat up and went over to Claude. Finally changing back to english Min called out to him. "Claude! I'd like for you to meet a friend of mine!" Min said as she stepped over to show Natalia. "This is Natalia, she's Victoria's roommate from Russia like myself!"

Looking over from Claude to Harriette Min tilted her head and smiled over to Hare. "You must be Harriet, Claude's friend from his previous school in New York. It's nice to meet you." Min mused sweetly, but in her head new connections were being mede as she began to spiral over their relationship. Keeping her smile on her face as she thought about it all. "What brings you to transfer to Highland?"

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet

Harriet Collins

Nearby:
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
latest

"Of course. You need highly honed instincts and observational skills to be a reporter" she said proudly. Harriet glanced around the room, ignoring the other transfers for the time being. The assembled group of students was definitely an interesting lot, and she thought she recognized a couple of them from emails. The blonde kid talking to the wraith-like Mortem was probably Leon, the kid who pulled a draw with Claude during the opening festival fights. The guy who rushed off after making the Harem comment was most likely Alaric, her friend's roommate. Now she could put a face to the names of Izzy and Min, and the sordid love triangle was an interesting tidbit.

"I dunno. I can think of worse ways to spend my first day than with you. How about after classes and clubs and whatnot you introduce me to whoever you think are the..." she paused for a moment, thinking. "The three most interesting students you know, not including anyone that introduces themselves to me today."
After ClassHarriet smiled contentedly, her stomach full and her mind awake. Her ears open for any good gossip, her attention was snapped to Min as she called out to Claude. If she's sleeping with Claude, I wonder what she thinks of how close I am with him. I could ply that... she bit her tongue to snap herself back to to the reality. Play nice, you're new. Plenty of time to go and be yourself. Besides, won't make many friends like that and you don't have your title anymore to make people listen to you she chided herself mentally as Min walked over. Standing up she smoothed out her skirt. She gave a small wave at Nat at she was introduced, something in her telling her this girl was too well put together. It spoke of secrets. Extending her hand to the silver haired girl she gave a bright smile. "I am! Harriet Collins, but most people tend to call me Hare. And you must be Min right? It's nice to finally put a face to the name, and such a nice face at that."

Harriet shook Min's hand and scratched at her cheek with her free hand at the question. "Oh a whole host of reasons. The message the school is trying to send is awesome not to mention the job placement program they offer to the seniors, its proximity to Heartland as well as International Waters was a major draw too. Although I'd be lying if I said the fact that Balto" she motioned at Claude "was here wasn't a big reason. People tend to keep their distance from me, so having someone that actually likes having me around is pretty nice."

Claude Allcrest

original (1) (1).jpg
Nearby: Everyone
@Tags: the whole gang (I'm laaaazzyyy)
"Alright then, 3 people? I can do that. The freshman class has a few intriguing people, but the upper years are where you get the more interesting pool. " Claude agreed, and as class started he pulled his phone up to ignore the lesson entirely, only really bothering to interact with his fellow students in a friendly manner.

Having ignored the lesson until he was forced to actually attempt to cook, Claude looked on at the lack of anything produced and the small mess of unused pots and pans he put up to people couldn't say he didn't do anything. he made had made a mess, yes, but he was definitely not going to touch it anymore. Well, someone would clean it up, just not him. He could always smile at one of the more bland students here and ask them to do it. He smirked and stretched in his seat, looking over as a familiar voice called his name. He smiled at Min as she came over and introduced her newest Russian friend. At least now he had a name to match the face. He probably shouldn't try to analyze the transfer in the middle of class, but he could probably get away with notes. He gave Natalia a small smile and turned to face her, nodding slightly. "Natalia, a pleasure to meet you. Claude Allcrest." He greeted warmly, and whilst keeping Min and Hare's conversation in discreet earshot, continued. "Min said you came from Russia as well, correct? I dont visit the country often save for business, but I will say that I think in some areas it's quite beautiful. What's your power level?"

Alexander Jackson
C1F83EEB-7D6C-4CE9-A7FC-2EAD82E01B86.jpeg The Prophet The Prophet
Home Economics Class

Alex jogged down the hallway, consulting his map every few seconds. It was here somewhere, he thought to himself. He’d gotten himself lost, and hadn’t even been here long. Damn. This was a problem. Then he had a realization.

I’m reading the map wrong.

Stay calm, and take a breath,
he thought to himself. Don’t get worked up over something so simple. Alexander turned, and within a few minutes found the class.

Alexander opened the door as quietly as possible and walked to his space, internally wincing.

“Hello everyone, I’m Alexander Jackson. Nice to meet you,” he said as quickly as possible. With that, he found a seat and sat down. Alexander seemed to shrink from all the eyes on him. He knew they were staring, and whispering. Now he’d need to ask someone what was happening. He really didn’t want to, but... he needed to. Then they’d either be disgusted by his scars, or worst, pity him. He couldn’t stand pity.

Looking at the people nearest him, he picked out Claude. Hopefully he knew what was going on, because he sure as hell didn’t.

“Excuse me, what did I miss? I got in late. Also, sorry for interrupting,” Alexander whispered.

Last edited:
Min Johannas: After Class
1586306619904.png

Looking over to Claude and Nat introduce each other, and turned back to Hare. Min didn’t want to shake Hare‘a hand but she’s resigned herself to being used to doing such things. Shaking her hand Min bashfully tilted her head at the compliment. Not sure how she felt about such a odd mention Min replied with a smile. Min tugged at her hair and "Ah, thank you! You're not too bad yourself." Min replied.

Min listened to her reasoning for coming to Highland and nodded giving Claude a sly smile as she picked up Hare's pet name for him. "Balto, huh?" Min turned back to Hare. As she mentioned others keeping away from her Min looked perplexed. She had a idea of what the reason may be, but dumb was something she was very good at playing. “Why would people want to keep their distance? If you don’t mind me saying you seem like a warm and friendly girl. One, I for one would love to get to know you better." Min cooed with a honey tongue before adding, "maybe over brunch or tea?”

"If you're interested please let me know when you're available."
Min had her own reasons in inviting Hare to tea, but she'd let it lie under her pleasant facade. "Maybe you can even tell me the story of Balto." She added with a gentle giggle before sighing and sizing Hare up. Min didn't trust Hare and already had her on her radar, but as her aunt used to tell her; 'befriend your enemies, learn their secrets, gain their trust. Then the won't see you stab them in the back.' The woman wasn't a world conquerer for nothing and Min had her own ambitions.

Nearby: Natalia, Claude, Hare
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

242524_pCv3m1xb.png
║ Wen ║

Wen's anger slowly subsided during class, going back to the quiet student she was during any educational period that didn't involve any opinions. Halfway through she began to slouch down, yawning, her head rolling from side to side. This continued on for a few minutes until she struggled to stay conscious even when prompted with activity and conversation. Every so often she would mumble out loud, where only the people beside her could hear something on the lines of-

"I hate all of you."
"Just let me go home."
"God doesn't exist."

Some of the phrasings in English, and others, not so much. After class, her slouching slowly subsided but her eyes stayed even smaller than usual; her face in a permanently scrunched up expression. She stayed near Haruo and apologized after class when Min wasn't around. Naoto too.

"Sorry, she just makes me really angry. Then I get really tired. Cycle of life. Maybe I shouldn't be staying up all night? That's up to you though." She turned her head to Haruo, her face slowly relaxing as her mood began to even out.

"Though since Min insists on not sleeping in the dorm, I suppose I can just push the two twin beds together, you know? Make a big bed. Then Naoto won't have to be as tired as me during classes." Wen didn't mention how she was questioning where Haruo got his vigor, but she thought it was best she didn't bring it up.

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Verite Verite

Combat EventsThe Monster in the Forests(Ana, Leon, )
The first unsupervised mission for the young heroes was right in their very own campus. Deep along the student named “weird” forest behind their school, a new inhabitant has taken root and is growing closer to campus. From past encounters with the bet it was described to be a big hulking figure with long strong tendrils piercing green eyes, sharp fangs and an earthshaking roar. Feral and dangerous the Garden Club could no longer stand to have the beast around. Not only was it bad for their cafe’s business but the plant life around the area had begun to shift and change. They were losing their power over it, as if the beast was overpowering their connection to the plant life.

Climbing up the long and steep path to the Garden House Cafe the volunteered students finally arrived at their destination.

"You're here. Good." Senior Civilian student Tony, more popularly known as “the Lorax” said. He looked at the ragged group of kids and raised an unimpressed brow. He knew the trail to the garden hose cafe was hard but these kids...some of them looked dead. Letting out a displeased click of his fingers, he crossed his arms and shifted his weight. “There’s no time for rest. The beast has been getting closer to this area.” He walked towards the forest talking to the group as he did. “Stay close. This forest is growing more dangerous by the day. If you spot the beast charge as a group it will see you as a predator pack.” Tony added as he moved some sharp vines out of the way for the group with his power.

Ana had made sure to wear some skin tight clothing for this mission underneath her regular outfit, the last thing she wanted was to end up in the nude after dealing with some sort of dangerous beast. A light sheen of sweat had formed on her brow as she hiked along behind the man known as The Lorax. She was tired, she wasn’t used to the physical exertion on her human body, but didn’t want to transform unless she had to. She figured being with the group would be better than flitting about. “Uhm. Lorax? Has anyone figured out what this thing is exactly?”

Leon was faring far better than his companions. The training he went through with his Uncle Ren put him in better condition than most. He wasn’t sweating or even breathing hard. He was a pace behind the guy known as The Lorax. He looked back at the new girl. “Does it matter? The goal is to get rid of it one way or another right?”

1588791480815.png
Combat Rules
  • Posts to defeat Villain= #of players x 10 - #of players
  • Villain Combat rolls= 1 die x #of players* 5
  • Player Combat rolls= 1 die x Highest stat
  • Player Combat rolls are added against villain. Recommended to work together

All rolls in Discord
"The boy has the right idea." The Lorax said, "whatever this beast is it is affecting the fauna and that is making this forest dangerous for the students and animals." Lifting a fallen log he let the students pass before lowering it again. "Stay cautious we're entering its territory." A few steps in, the entire aura of the forest shifted and the plants seemed to be watching them.

A loud howl erupted out from the vast forest and the Lorax frowned. "Keep moving."

As the walked the trees and greenery shimmered and shook with energy. Tony was on edge as he looked around. Ahead of the group was a large bush that emanated a dangerous presence. "Stop. Get ready." He tensed as he moved closer to the bush, “On three. One” he reached out to the bush. “Two” feeling something wrong he motioned the students to stay back as his robotic eye glowed. “Th-Three” he stammered taken aback by the beast snarling visage.

The beast burst out from the bushes and slapped Tony far off into the forest. His laser eye shooting off and cutting the treetops in half. The beast hulked over the students standing at nine almost ten feet tall and snarling. Its arms were wrapped in sturdy wood the deep wolf head roared and went for the students.

Before it could attack the cut treetops fell onto the beast and Tony called out. "Stay on guard!" The beast lifted the trees with his powers and swung it's sharp talons towards Leon.

The Hit List(Harriet, Mortem, Claude*)
A new mission on the freshman mission board brought the group of heros down to Terminal 9. The central hub for the empowered schools and Seacoast Technical School to regulate mission outings, repairs, research and the medical ward, Terminal 9 was a location they were growing comfortable being in. Exiting the elevators the group followed the flashing light to the lobby area where the ever present voice began to speak out the loudspeakers. “You all have arrived. Excellent. I will get down to business. We’ve recently solved some encrypted data from an arrested assassin guild gopher.” A hologram of the goose I question appeared, surprisingly it was an actual gopher.

“The assassin guild has been using reanimated creatures to carry messages from member to member. Under their skin is a code to send the never to a site for their hit list. This gopher was the first we were able to catch and decipher.” The hologram held up a list of twenty four names with the first sixteen crossed off. “ These people are from all over the world. However, the next person on this list lives right here in Oregon. He is a mid level thief who enjoys spending time at the Lucky Casino and Gilded Way, Lucio L. Lawlwett.” An image of the man drinking and partying with a bunch of escorts came up on screen. “Your job is to stop the assassin before they take out Mr. Lawlwett and get them to the police. We'll have officers around the area. However given the clientele that stays in this area there they cannot be too nearby to assist you.”

“Given the previous victims the attacker is likely to stroke outside of a populated area in an alley or street. And they prefer to kill with a blunt object.” The voice added to give an idea of the attacker. “You have your mission. Good luck.” The teleporter shined behind them ready to send them to the extravagant Gilded Way.

Teleported to the utopian high class sidewalk of the Gilded Way living area behind them, across the river, was the towering lotus blossom skyscrapers of the Lotus Hotels and between the two. The giant red twenty three story skyscraper of a casino, Lucky Casino. Run by the demented as they are beautiful Luck Sisters.

(Mortem)

The suit wearing skeleton stood walked along at full height, standing out horribly amongst the crowd within 'The 9th Terminal'. At least that's what he thought about why it was shortened to 'Terminal 9' as slang. If it was that way.

Mortem's head turned to excessive angles as he surveyed the building and the people within, staring at them as they did the same.

"What a lovely place." He said to no one in particular as he took incredible strides towards the point where they were to meet.

He noticed he was the very last one there, but the concept of time was meaningless to the long dead. Mortem was not bothered by it in the slightest.

The intercom began to speak, and he he began to concentrate on the Intel and orders, his eye closed and he lost his shape, becoming an intangible mass of dark smoke the size of a compact car.

Mortem remained silent, but the smoke shifted size and shape until he was once again solid, sitting on a chair with his legs crossed, his chin laid across the backs of his fingers.

"I have a question. Is this place called The Ninth terminal, and terminal Nine as slang, or is it just called Terminal Nine? I understood the orders, but did not understand the naming of this place."

“It is just called terminal 9. There are 47 terminals around the world. This is the ninth one established. Hence why you may hear others call it the ninth terminal.” The voice replied in its usual tone.

When his question was answered, he bowed towards the intercom. "Gratia."

Mortem bowed to the man teleporting him, and repeated his thanks before he was sent off.

Immediately the reserved, polite, naive wraith was assaulted with bright lights, chaotic ambiance, and, judging by the souls he could see, tinged with sin.

His lengthy arm reached out and his hand delicately rested on Harriet's shoulder as his neck once more began to rotate to observe this… unpleasant place.

"Ms. Collins, where are we? It's… distasteful."

(Harriet)
Harriet shuddered at the ghost's touch. Why did I get the spook. Ghosts freak me out she thought to herself. Resigning herself that he was as much her partner in this as Claude was she smiled. “This Mortem is the epitome of human existence. Where those with nothing to lose mingle with those with nothing better to do but lose. Where the thrill of chance intersects the cold hard facts of mathematics. This is a place where you can see people be their true selves, particularly after being plied with alcohol. Where the naive and pious looking for company can become devout sinners.This is a grand casino in what amounts to little more than an upscale red light district.” Raising her camera she took several photos of the surrounding area, taking note of any who shied away from having their pictures taken.

1588791534014.png
Combat Rules

All rolls in Discord
The bright neon lights of the casino shimmered and shined with the glamours rich shimmered in and the miserable poor hid on the side. From the exiting wealthy was their target the smooth talking Lucio Lawlwett. A handsome blonde man with shining silver eyes. He laughed and smiled with lovely ladies draped across his arms. Having as per usual using his powers to win against the house Lucio was going home to his fiancee a big spender.

As the shutter flashed on the entrance of the Casino, Hare would notice in the far left under the lights of a streetlight a shady figure in a yellow dirty raincoat. The unlucky always seemed to look dirty and upset but the strange bloody weapon the shadowy figure was unsettling. Sulking back into the shadows the assassin was going to wait for their target.

Lucio laughed and made his way towards the shady figure in the alleyway unaware that soon he was going to be the next victim of this dangerous Hit List.

The Half off Special(Al, Izzy,)
Ushered into the Student Council President’s large personal office Ty stood there waiting for the last stragglers to arrive. The stern frown on his face he didn't approve of freshmen going on such a dangerous and gory mission. However this was a personal request from the headmaster and approved by the DC head and leader of the intelligence division, so it was out of his hands. Once the last member was here Zak stepped forward and spoke. “You are all here today because you accepted a very important mission.” He began, his voice booming with confidence and leadership. “We have been reached out by a member of our state’s government that an attempt on our governor's life will be made in the next 24 hours. We will not let this happen.” He looked at them all sternly. “This attempt, was made through the assassin guild. Apparently they are having a half off special and people are making hits all around.” He grumbled annoyed that there was such an overflow that they were getting these missions.

“Luckily for you all the assassin assigned is a show boat. He prefers to live stream his hits. So you will know where he is at all times, but do not take this lightly this man is a trained killer and a speedster at that. Plan properly and if you are injured use the personal teleporters she have implanted in your suits Pinky and thumb pad to escape. It is one press and you are directly in the medical ward. I will not lose any of you all on this mission. I am allowing any force necessary to stop this assasin, as long as it does not result in civilian loss of life.” He looked at the group, “any questions?”

(Alaric)

Al listened to Zak quietly, taking mental notes and nodding when Zak mentioned Livestreams. He had seen one of them, back at home on his father's untraceable darknet. It was a horrid show, and that was coming from someone who liked bloody movies and gory manga. Knowing it was the same guy put an awful taste in his mouth, but a bit of pleasure at the chance to end this guy, one way or the other.

However, something Zak had said bothered him. Known speedster. If this was Ahren, then Al was actually going to have to go big brother for once. He sighed, and stuck his hand up and asked, and Al knew Zak knew what he was asking about.

"Do we know the identity or any other details about this killer?"

Al's mind hammered with this thought, 'Please don't be Ahren,' over and over until Zak answered.

Zak knew why the question was posed and he wished he could give him some certainty. However, he did not have that luxury. His eyes softened as Zak replied, “unfortunately we don’t know the identity the assassin guild is very skilled in keeping their members concealed. Even those who see one and live have trouble identifying them.” Zak said, trying his best to give him the information he wanted but in the end Zak wasn’t sure.

His eyes sharpened, “however he is a dangerous killer regardless of who he is. Do not hesitate. Because he won’t.” Zak said. “If you all cannot handle it get out. We have other precautions in hand. Do not throw away your lives for this.”

(Alaric)

With a sigh, he nodded his crimson head in understanding. "I will do what I must either way." After running a hand through his hair as Zak spoke, he nodded again.

"I've seen one of this guy's videos. I can attest to what Zak says. Dude is textbook kill-for-pleasure. Anything else we should know, Mr. President?"

Zak nodded, internally proud of the kid's growth. It was going to be a close election Sophomore year, he was looking forward to hearing how it will end. "You have full access to the governors estate. The east area is under renovation so it is blocked off. You have access to it, but it is dangerous."

He looked over at the others. "I cannot stress this enough. Do not underestimate this assassin. They have more skill and experience in their field then you. If you get in trouble or injured, leave." Zak iterated again sternly. He truly hated sending these untrained freshmen to the governor's house to fight a professional assassin.

Izzy sat in contemplation. She didn't normally sign up for missions like this, but given the brief description on the job board she knew she had to do something. Bringing up her list of gear she looked through to see what she might want to bring. As she did she asked, without taking her eyes off her screen, "Can we get a set of gloves with the same personal teleporter and programmable coordinates made up for the governor? If, worst case, we can't stop him from getting to the governor, so long as we have a way for him to get out we should be ok. I can program a few sets that it will cycle through at random. The fewer people who know the better right? This way our team, should the assassin try to pry the information out of us, can't reasonably give it to him."

She highlighted a few pieces, making notes of how to modify it to suit what she was thinking. At least if he live streams I can track him. And depending on his weapon, I might be able to stop him from using it if I can see him. We just need the governor to stay inside.

Zak looked over at Izzy and had a slight smile on his face, proud of her idea. Giving a polite nod he replied, "That is an excellent idea. We will provide you with the necessary materials to set that up." He paused and his eyes grew strenly, "however, if you are caught by him, or in the position where you need to give up information do so. Your safety is more important in this mission. We have other failsafes in place for the governor that we won't divulge for his safety. So if the assassin asks you tell him what you know. Do not risk your lives."

View attachment 707641

She was quiet most of the conversation, pushing up her glasses further up her nose to make an attempt to show she was listening. She really wasn't. She was hardly recognizable in a presentable school outfit paired with glasses and a medical mask, which was still common where she came from. Air pollution never really can go away in poor areas if no one does anything.

She stood with a piercing and judging gaze at everyone, her stern frown hidden by the mask. She would be one of the few who would constantly put their life on the line just to be the hero. Not anyone else's of course.

Why such a disguise though? She planned on going in her normal superhero uniform, tearing up shit left and right--But with the recent, or not so recent event of some villain taking interest in Haruo she thought it would be best to lay low. Even though most of the villains with half a brain wouldn't remember her face.

She was ready to dispatch.

"With everything cleared your mission starts in 4 hours. Be at the governor’s estate. From there you can branch out as you see fit.” Zak said coldly. He wasn’t showing it but he was deeply concerned for them. It didn’t hoe accurate Blood’s future vision was, sending these kids out was a bad call. He gave them all one last look hoping he wouldn’t have to stoop to reviving them from this mission. “You’re all dismissed. Ms. Reed Megan will have that teleport device for you outside.”

The estate was huge the large mansion stood in the center of a small business district. gate was protected by a gate and a force field to prevent empowered attacks. Security was inside the mansion but outside was scarce. That’s what the empowered kids were for.There was a quiet distrust between the security and staff towards the empowered kids and kept their responses short and cold.

On the tablets and their watches they signed into the RiverStyx to view RedMissions, assassins killing videos. Most were posted, one was live-streamed under the simple user name Killer. The livestream came on with a high view of the city skyline. From the position he was near the Ferris wheel. “Good evening my sick fucks! Your killer is here to provide you with your gory kicks and snuff fetishes. Tonight’s target is a fun treat. There’s certainly going to be some collateral damage. Hehehehehehehahahahahaha!” The raspy voice broke into a broken and manic laugh as the camera tilted back giving a good look at the sky. Only to snap back to the city scape once again. “Well ladies and gentlemen, let’s begin. Don’t forget to donate if you like what you see.” With that he jumped off the building and ran down the side building up speed as he moved like a rocket toward the governor’s estate.

Moving irrationally it wasn’t sure how he’d be coming in from but as he grew closer it was likely the west side.

Given his speed, he’ll be there in 4 minutes.

Izzy had passed off the gloves and a barrier orb to the governor, whom they had opted to stash in the east wing specifically because it was treacherous footing, and was looking at the schematics of the estate nearby him. Izzy had asked Wen to make a pseudo shelter out of debris for them. Even if he got passed them, and even with speed, it would take a moment or two for him to get through it. That would allow the governor to escape. She wasn't much of a fighter, so she had chosen to stay near the target if for no other reason than to get him out. A notification went off on her scroll. Looking at both the live stream and a live map of wind currents she could see his path. She called over comms "Showtime everyone. 4 minutes until arrival. Alaric, he looks like he's coming from the west side but given he's a speedster nothing is guaranteed. Be ready to meet him there, Wen stay central. If he changes direction staying in the center of the estate gives you the fastest access to everywhere. I'll call a direction if he changes."

Victoria crammed her chips back into her cargo pants pocket after Izzy gave the announcement on the assassins ETA. “Izzy, what if he’s delaying his stream? Even doing so by a minute could throw our reaction time off” Victoria had thought of the idea during the briefing or shortly there after. But was too nervous to mention it earlier. With her being Claude’s bodyguard she couldn’t very well let the assassin get to the governor, it wouldn’t look good on him.

Before the mission however she had put on her Level 4A plates, which were designed to stop multiple shots from .308 and were lighter than the the level three with her stab plate under her t-shirt. For a sidearm she had chosen a .357 version of the desert eagle and a keltec shotgun with 24 shells loaded between the two tubes for close combat. After she had finished picking her gear out she had spent the remaining three hours eating so she could heal whatever she needed to.
View attachment 708957
Adjusting her vest before racking the shotgun and putting a round into the chamber to prepare herself as best she could. “Not that I doubt you didn’t think of that, but.....” taking a deep breath and starting to scan the area, the shotgun pulled into her shoulder with her finger on the trigger “do we know about how fast the guy can move? I’m doing to have to lead my shots if I’m even going to try and hit him” As far as survivability went on this mission if needed Victoria would use herself as bait so the others could get the Governor put safely.

Combat Rules

All rolls in Discord
First Combat4 minutes were gone in a instant.

"Time for some fun! Ready for a fight?" The wild eyes of the assassin were visible down the street as he barreled towards the estate. Laughing manically, he pulled out his blades he snickered as he ran straight through the barrier, his body vibrating against the plasma. Breaking through the barrier he shot off like a bullet straight towards his first obstacle. Some red haired kid, Red, my favorite color, Killer thought to himself.

From the camera Killer ran quickly through the city street the camera moving like blur at times as in a instant Alaric was right in the view. Killer's wild eyes shined as he laughed like a maniac as he barreled right for Alaric he head right for his chest. His blades dove right for Al's legs stabbing frantically at immeasurable speed with a evil laugh. Whether he hit or not wasn't up for him he kept moving forward as if attempting to barrel through Alaric.

(Alaric)

Alaric remained mostly silent for the duration of the meeting. His mind prayed that it wasn't Ahren. Al really didn't feel like destroying his brother. Yet.

He was a lot more confident in his ability to fight Ahren, but Al wanted to find his brother some form of redemption, if possible. If Killer was Ahren, then that was out the window.

He gave Zak an affirmative nod and headed off to begin.

- - -

Alaric stood next to the governor, double checking his uniform. Izzy had finished his uniform just days before, and he hadn't had the chance to test it before today.

Izzy had delivered. This uniform was exactly what he needed to fully utilize himself. Although costuming wasn't his thing, Al could tell, just by standing around in his costume, that it was much more durable than his old uniform. This mission would go very differently than his last one.

"Thanks again Izzy, I'll keep in contact."

He dashed off to his appointed place, doing ten second laps around the estate, keeping watch around the perimeter.

As he finished another lap, his instincts warned him before ever saw Killer. His legs danced gracefully around Killer's piercing blades before he even fully knew he was under attack. However it didn't take long for the martially trained Alaric to respond in kind, a wicked grin growing across his face.

"If you wanted to get up in my guts, you could've gotten me drunk. Like a gentleman."

Alaric shrank down as he adopted his speed form, losing a little height and several pounds, his normally beefy form becoming lithe and disturbingly ripped. His eyes glowed bright orange and locked on to Killer's.

His wicked smile grew a bit as he registered that this was not Ahren.

"I really hope you're not going to surrender. Yet."

He threw an elbow around toward's Killer's face, activating his communicator and calling out to his teammates, "I've got him. West gate."

Letting the elbow connect with his face Killer's nose exploded with blood as he laughed and it snapped hard as swayed on his feet. Rubbing the blood he twirled his blade and looked over at Alaric his yellow and blue eyes shining. He gave a broken smile as laughter shook his body. "Another speedster eh? Well this will be loads of fun. What about your little friends kid? We'll I guess I'll find out." Licking his blood he smiled he puckered his lips for a kiss and laughed. "Come and get me loverboy."

Killer laughed as he ran off towards the center or the grounds towards the main mansion. Noticing the girl standing there Killer laughed and changed straight for her. Stopping right at her face he kissed her. His blood smearing across her face.

"Howdy."

With a laugh he slammed his blade towards Wen's side.

View attachment 715649

Wen™

Wen was standing there, listening to the chatter of the communication lines as she thought about what she would eat afterwards. Probably something softer. Eating hard meals after a big battle usually wasn't very healthy or tasty, texture wise.

Then--West gate was called out.

She stayed on her guard as her ears tuned out the sounds of the outside and instead were susceptible to the sounds of clatter, combat, arguing or anything of the sort that is inherently hostile by nature. She heart the dashing footsteps, the sound traveling to her ear before he could reach her, but not before she could react.

She knew she was going to have a problem with such a fast target, except--This one was fucking stupid. He got close enough to her, and stopped. And then angered her with a sexually abrasive gesture.

She grabbed the blade like it was any other object, her hand crushing it with ease. This didn't come without some repercussion on the angry girl's part though, her hand filled with sharp shards of the blade as it bled onto the ground. Instead of whining about it, she used the same hand to punch the fucker in the gut, breaking whatever bones her hand came into contact with, and piercing skin with the remnants of his own weapon.

He probably should've attacked someone else.

Combat Rules

All rolls in Discord
Nine More Combat posts till DefeatKiller raised a brow as the kid broke his blade, the girl was going to be feeling the after affects of the toxin pretty soon. However his small victory was soon stopped by the powerful fist that slammed through Killer's stomach. His organs exploded out from the other side of his body and expanded.

"This one is strong huh?" Killer asked with a laugh as he cocked his head. "Too bad you don't have strong skin too." Killer said as he looked over at her hand. "Don't worry I'm faster than poison."

Standing in front of Wen with a visible open chest Killer swayed and went to slash Wen's throat with his super speed.

Brinni Brinni SoftSmile SoftSmile @Ceat6 Verite Verite The Prophet The Prophet Elysium Elysium Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus gorgeousss gorgeousss Selee-01 Selee-01

234517_67TumA7q.png

Wēnhé Róuruǎn

A few drops of light crimson flew into the air as Wen has leaned backwards as soon as he showed signs of recuperating from her blow. Her momentum continued after she scarcely dodged his blade, her form continued into a more improvised back hand spring, as soon as her hands touched the ground within the second, her feet were up into the killers jaw, crushing whatever she managed to hit with inhuman force.

When she was back on her feet, she made sure to land a piercing blow with her fist to the killer's already injured torso while he was recovering, even with someone without super speed, she moved with a determination along with such deadly precision. Again, she wasn't judging him, he knew he was a villain, but man, did he make such terrible life choices when he chose to attack her.

She then spoke into her communicator. "Hey, speedy boy is over by me, if someone wants to join the party. Or not, I can handle it." After her communicator was no longer broadcasting, she cracked her knuckles and neck in unison and looked over to the villain.

"Come on pretty boy, somebody break that sexually assaulting face of yours?"

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Elysium Elysium Brinni Brinni Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Seven More Combat posts till Defeat"What can I say? It's a off day." Killer said with a laugh. Blood splattering out of his mangled face as he spoke. Killer still found a way to stand perfectly upright even after that punch. Nor was he down for the count.

Immortality was a fickle bitch, some people healed instantly, while others had to die to come back. Him, he had to reach the point of death and from years of experimentation that point had been pushed back.

Pointing to his chest he smiled. "But your aim sucks girlie. Ain't dead yet. Ammature." Killer said with a laugh. "The audience is waiting!" He said moving to attack one more time.

On Izzy's screen the camera showed the Gore and blood splattering of Killer Asher friends beat him down. Only for the screen to split and the visage of another attacker making their way into the house. Hearing the Maniacal laugh of Killer the voices we're almost exactly the same. With a test they were exactly the same. The image was from the east wing roof. Looking over it was an identical Killer on the roof. "Seems you all get to see some real fun tonight you sick fuckers. I know you love the blood no matter where it comes from so today we'll give you twice the show."

Breaking into the east wing window the second Killer began to slaughter the nearby guards with ease. Making sure the viewers had a good show, the copy Killer went for the arteries.

SoftSmile SoftSmile Elysium Elysium Brinni Brinni Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Last edited:
Leon and AnaLeon's mind blanked and he didn't have time to react as the claws came towards him. He was sure he would have been bisected if a mass of fur and muscle hadn't knocked him out of the way. As it was there were only deep scratches and torn clothing. Leon looked down, "I liked this shirt" he said, a little bit in shock.

Ana for her part had moved quicker. Bones cracking and fabric tearing as she swelled into a gorilla she body checked Leon out of the way. Turning to face the beast she roared a challenge and swung both of her powerful arms, fingers locked, at the side of this creature.

IzzyAs the second Killer breached the perimeter, Izzy was immediately on Comms. "Victoria, emergency. Second intruder, our information didn't mention a partner. This one is in the East Wing, and closing on us fast. The Simul-dolls have slowed him some, but it won't take long for a professional to figure out they aren't real people." Many of the guardsman had been replaced with robotic replicas per Izzy's orders, but there were still some humans among them.

Fingers flying over the holographic keyboard she was attempting to hack into the broadcasting network in order to kill the feed. Anything to slow them down she thought to herself grimly. It wouldn't stop them from trying to carry out the hit, but buying her team even 30 seconds where the killer didn't get the satisfaction of live-streaming could help. She looked back towards the Governor. "Sir, I'd be ready to use those gloves if I was you."

The beast growled with a raging roar in pain as Anastasia large form crushed the wooden trunks of the beast. Snapping of wood could be heard as he howled. Looking at her he snarled and opened his jaw. Biting down hard on the girl's thick neck digging in, drawing blood. Twitching in the crushing pain the beast lifted its arms and dug its sharpened claws into her sides and snarled.

Tony's laser eye focused and shot out towards the beast's head only to be blocked by a large vine. "Aim for his head!" Tony called out as he began to charge towards the beast only for the plants to grab at his body and drag back him.

Growling with Ana's throat in its mouth the beast wasn't going to let go without a fight.

Brinni Brinni

Five More Combat posts till Defeat The second Killer laughed as they barrel through the halls towards the governor's room. Slashing through every obstacle in his way with a wild smile.

The governor sighed and gave a nod to the girl before looking over at a photo of his family. Picking up a class of scotch he grumbled as he drank. "Never get married young lady. You can't trust anyone who says they love you." He only hoped the second team would be able to negotiate in time. He would rather not have to live his life being hunted by an immortal maniac.

He watched the young girl work. In earnest he hated the empowered community. They were a scourge on the world let alone this city. Only knowing that this one didn't have any wild powers is why she was so close.

He sighed, resigning himself to being killed by his wife. "Using my money to kill me. What a load of shit." The angry drunk of the governor, a large contrast to the usual smiling bright family man that he portrayed.

Last edited:
286278_8uoMDq0z.png

"Hey man, we all have our off days, especially when tons of people are watching. Lot's of anxiety you know. Then you suddenly fucking sexually assault someone and they beat your ass. No biggie. But--" She laughed in between. "I know you can't be killed to I'm just gonna leave you writing on the ground, sound good? Good." With another swift kick to the head and cracks heard beneath her boot the assassin fell.

"Yeah, no one can really go toe to toe with me. Bad move man." That's when she spoke into her walkie, "Izzy, coming to you to help out. Be there in a second." While she waas speaking into the walkie, she haphazardly turned her back, getting the idea that she had knocked out her opponent stone cold. A miscalculation on her part, but she never had too much brain to begin with.

And like the bad bitch karma was, after she put her walkie down and sighed out into the crisp air, she sensed dangere for a split second before she was forced back into combat again, this time with a disadvantage.

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Brinni Brinni

Meanwhile in Terminal 9's meeting room"Please it was a mistake! Please take it back." The governor's wife pleaded with the beautiful red head in a tight dress.The woman was in tears as she begged to remove the hit from her husband. The screen of Killer's feed playing in the center of the room.

The woman looked at her nails and sighed, "it was in the fine print, our assassins always finish our jobs. There are no cancellations or 'take backs'" She said with a disgusted tone. This whole situation was something she'd never be in. If it wasn't for Elias she wouldn't be here to even consider this. Looking at Elias she tilted her head, "you know this, love. Why would you even think I'd consider breaking such a sacred agreement." The woman asked with a cold smile.

Elias smirked, she always seemed to find a way to get under his distant demeanor. Maybe it was because they were once close, maybe they still are. "Well Fion, because I know that you care about money more. Double." He said calmly.

"I care about a lot of things." She began.

"Quadruple." Elias said.

Fion stopped for a moment and contemplated it. "No, thank you. I do have our honor to uphold." Elias gave her a look and Fion's smile widened. "Come now don't give me that look. It's just business. You know this better than anyone. Unless we moved beyond business."

"Is that so?" Elias said a bit annoyed.

The governor's wife looked between the two. "Am I missing something? Headmaster you said you could help me."

"Very well. This will be beyond business." Elias said.

"Excellent. I'll make the call." She mused gently before making a call.

Defeat There was a sickening crack as her foot connected and a layer of brain matter splattered out onto the ground, the assassin lifeless. Wen had won against a trained assassin, his death a triumphant success.

If only for a moment.

Killer got his second wind as his body was energized only to feel it sapped again as the second version of himself regained it's power. This is bullshit. Killer thought to himself, he heard something in his ear as he was about to get up. "Roger." Closing his eyes he played dead as the feed on Killer vanished.

The second Killer's hand changed from flesh to black then back to flesh again. He reached the door and slammed against ti with a blade. Vibrating through it the second Killer smiled. "Well how easy this is." Killer tossed his blade right at the governor. impaling him against the chair with a loud cry. The governor slumped down, dead.

The Monster in the ForestsLetting out a howl in pain the beast took its first step back. Then another as its body began to tremble and the wood encompassing it began to shift. Clutching his head the beast panted and snarled as shocks of memory came back. His form vibrates and slowly begins to sink smaller in form. The hair on his body began to recede and the bark on his limbs began to fade to reveal skin. The wild green eyes of the raging beast turned gentle as he returned to a human form. After a minute of watching the beast shrink back into its original form there knelt a gentle human man. Brown hair, tall with a slim build and with the most gentle green eyes.

Regaining his focus as he blinked and looked at his hands before over to the children. Squinting at them he reached into the stretched hooded cloak and pulled out a pair of glasses. Placing them on his face he looked back at the children and blushed in embarrassment. Attempting to speak he let out a horse cough before trying again. “I...ahem….H-Hello. I’m so sorry for the trouble I’ve caused.” He said scratching his head, slowly making it to his feet. His cloak changed to fit his new size.

Tony gave him a stern look. “It was a lot of trouble.”

The man nodded, “y-yes, yes, I came across this unusual plant. It was so fascinating the yellow petals were…”

“What are you doing here?” Tony interrupted.

“Oh… y-yes right I was invited.” He began as he rustled in his cloak trying to find smothering before pulling out a worn letter. “By the headmaster. He was inquiring about a new t-teacher.”

Tony took the letter and raised a brow. “This is five years old.”

“Really? Oh well…” the man said nervously not sure what to do now.

Tony let out a sigh and placed a hand on the mans shoulder. “I’ll take you to the headmaster.” He looked at the kids, “You all did good. Rest up.” Leading the man away, a moment later the notification of their mission cafe up on their watch.

Mission Success!! 10/10
The Hit ListMaking his way around the corner Lucio noticed the figure and glared. “Back off!” Lucio said sternly at the hooded figure.

The figure hissed and crawled down the brick wall. The yellow raincoat twitching and rustling inhumanly before looking at each of the students. Letting out a sharp shriek to each of them the Pooka slithered back. The coat slowly deflating, leaving the deflated hood behind before it shimmered away.

Last edited:
Timeskip February 9th-10thMin made her way down the halls of the school happily chatting with her friends about class and the upcoming events. It was a free period for the freshmen. The chemistry teacher had gotten drunk and wastoo hungover in her child form to teach. Deciding instead to give them a free period to 'self study' as Ms. Blank put it. Though the moment the teacher's head hit the deck most of the students were out of the classroom. There's was a lot going on during free periods and the perfect time to catch up with other students. Making her way to the cafeteria to grab some of the schools famous desert plates Min looked out down the hallway and stopped. Terror washed over her as she saw the tall visage reflected back.

“Min.” A cold stern voice said as a tall woman with long platinum blonde hair and burning red eyes stood in the hallway. The air around the halls began to stagnate and grow heavy, physically pushing down on everyone’s shoulders and chests. A shimmering eagle stretched out it's wings and landed on the woman's shoulder as time seemingly felt slower with every breath.

Min paled, “m-mother.” Turning back to her friends she spoke sternly to them. "Wait here. Don't go near her okay?" Not having time to hear their response, she made her way over to her mother. Standing in front of her it was clear that there was almost a three foot difference between the two. Hesitantly raising her hands she spoke softly. “Mother I can explain. Please...”

A flash of something caught her mother off guard and without hesitation she raised her hand and smacked Min across the face. The force behind it so powerful she sent Min flying through the wall and into the series of desks of the math classroom. The sickening sounds of snapping bones emanated from Min’s limp body before she slammed to a halt against the pile of desks.

Min let out a sharp intake of pain and knew a lot of things were broken. Her body felt like it was on fire she couldn't focus. Forcing herself to breathe Min could feel the pool of blood begin to sleep into one of her lungs. Her body overhauling on adrenaline to keep her through the shock.

Mins mother hand shook for a second before she clenched it into a fist and she looked over to Min. Her voice stayed a stern cold tone, “Stand or I will make you stand.”

Min tried to move but the strain was too great coughinh up a dark dribble of blood. Her left leg bending in the opposite direction and bone sticking out of her thigh and ankle. Her eyesight growing red by the pool of blood blocking her vision from a cracked skull.

Her mother sighed and tilted her head. Turning away from Min and her back to the others. Wires piercing through Min's body, Min only let out a wimped in pain, knowing what was going to happen. Her body was forced up to her feet and she was puppeted to walk to her mother. The blood being stopped by the wires as they pushed the bones and muscles back into place. The pain causing her to cry as she dmade her way to her mother's side. Min looked at her mother and uttered a soft, "I'm sorry." Before opening a portal for them both, walkinge beging her mother, unable to look back at her friends as the portal closed.

February 10thClass started just like any other day. The school bell rang everyone woke up, got ready and made their way to school. The first class for the freshmen was cooking class as always the scent of warm fluffy pancakes with syrup, fresh fruit and coffee overtook the classroom as Mr. Tate watched the others file in.

Next to the coffee machine stood Min her silver hair down hiding the long silver coil of her astral form. Her hand moving through the cup as she seemed to stare out a million miles away. An empty look on her face as she wondered what she was doing here. Everything seemed pointless to her now. She knew she had a finite amount of time before she was taken home, now she was holding on to something she knew she couldn't keep. Just like this cup. Only to stop as she heard the others come in and put a smile on her face. Waving to them as they came in. "Good morning! Is everyone excited for Valentine's day? It's coming up soon!"

speed.

Brinni Brinni Brinni Brinni SoftSmile SoftSmile SoftSmile SoftSmile @Ceat6 Verite Verite Verite Verite The Prophet The Prophet The Prophet The Prophet Elysium Elysium Elysium Elysium Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus Hibiscus Hibiscus gorgeousss gorgeousss gorgeousss gorgeousss Selee-01 Selee-01 Selee-01 Selee-01

Haruo Higuchi and Naoto Tsukino - School Days
Mentions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye SoftSmile SoftSmile

The days went by as they ever did. Halcyon in the making, even if they'd never know it. You never think of the good old days as good until they're old, after all. That was what Haruo was musing about in his own thoughts of course, though he wondered if such a thing would ever happen for these days. The days were, in fact, not very good. He was still internally agonizing over what had just transpired earlier with Min; it was amazing how much he found himself having to be near her, not even taking into account the club activities. Sometimes, it really did feel like she occupied a large portion of his life, even in moments like these.

Naoto, of course, did not share such a quandary. They maintained their degree of neutrality so well it almost came off as insulting to Haruo, though the boy sometimes wondered if it was extreme naivety or charisma that kept him from thinking too badly of his roommate. In other words, did he want to think of them as being too oblivious for their own good, or in fact the opposite? Knowing how to play both sides?

Probably the latter, to be blunt, but then again, there he was, highlighting the more unsavory aspects in a person.

In any case, it was that which occupied his thoughts, and rendered him oblivious to the plight of Min herself, at least before she'd turned that frown upside down. Though he didn't respond, the mention of Valentine's Day did admittedly cause his heart to flutter a bit. With Wen by his side, this year would mark the first time he wouldn't be alone for the holiday... and that meant he was probably expected to do something. Not that he wasn't more than happy to do so, but with inexperience came doubt. Would whatever he thought of be quite good enough? Oh god, or maybe the problem would be he'd need to be creative? God forbid.

"You're overthinking it," Naoto suddenly said, snapping Haruo out of his pensive stupor.

"Huh?" The boy blinked, confused as to what they were exactly talking about.

"You have that dumb look on your face again," Naoto said playfully with an easy-going smirk, taking a sip of their iced coffee. "You're stressed about something. Valentine's Day, is it?"

"And just what would you know about that?" He responded brusquely, furrowing his brow. At this point, this was just normal banter between the two of them, but that didn't mean Haruo loved this sort of impish patronizing from Naoto, who always seemed two steps ahead of him.

"Plenty! But if you don't want my help picking out a gift, then so be it!" Naoto exclaimed with a catlike smirk, turning away. Haruo only silently rolled his eyes; he probably could have used honest help from Naoto, but this was his own problem...​

♥.png
☻ Wen ☻

She was walking slowly to class, as she tended to do after her horrific loss on the battlefield. Her anger had only grown, pure hate for villains and her inability to defeat them. Her headphones were secured in her ears, blocking out all other noise except the rhythmic tunes of her creepily upbeat and depressing music. She fidgeted with her hands in her pockets, wishing she had gotten like tiny rubix cube, it's like her hands were in constant need of attention. Her whole body felt that way sometimes, unable to stop herself from shaking, tapping, and fidgeting.

She had arrived a little bit after everyone else, but was quick enough to hear the screeching of the white-headed banshee. She rolled her eyes at the annoying voice that seemed to have a selective talent for being able to get through her blaring music. "We are ready for Valentine's day." She wanted to elaborate, to mock Min, but decided to just shoot her an angry glare before going to sit beside of Haruo.

"What kind of sweets do you like?" She asked Haruo as soon as she sat down, making sure to remember his answer. "Do you like stuffed toys and stuff? Big or small? Many or one or two?" After he was done answering her barrage of questions, she just nodded her head silently like she had the exact idea in mind for his gift for the holiday.

"What about you, Naoto? I might spend my entire college fund on Haruo's present, but I guess if I have a few bucks left over you know, I could get you one of those mini boxes with like ten tiny chocolates in it. I guess."

Wen's constant talking distracted from the big elephant in the room, or the elephant beside the two roomates. Wen looked like she smashed her face into a meaty fist, or an opened palm. Maybe a blunt weapon? With the increased anger that defeat brought her, she'd been getting into an increasing number of scuffles, and no one would put it past her to fight right before class started as a casual past time.

Verite Verite The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Haruo Higuchi and Naoto Tsukino - Fast Times
Interactions: SoftSmile SoftSmile

"Ah--" Haruo blinked as Wen suddenly appeared in the exchange. Speak of the devil and all that. The boy had a bit of a habit of responding to inquiries directed at him in a punctual manner; one could say it was something drilled into him from childhood. Speak when spoken to, and all that, except for with strangers. With that, he was able to respond to each of Wen's rapid-fire inquiries, his mouth moving faster than his mind realized. "Chocolates, bears, small, one," he said like a bullet point list, answering each question in sequential order.

In no time though, he gave a blink and shook his head, holding a hand up. "W-Wait, you don't have to get me that stuff. I mean, unless we're gonna do White Day next month. Do we do that here?" Haruo stammered awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"Get him coconut. That's his favorite," Naoto grinned cheekily from the side.

"Do not do that. Coconut is the devil."

The shapeshifter let out a mischievous snicker, before clasping their hands together in delight like they oft did. "Anyway, that's sweet, Wen, but you don't need to do that! In fact, you should probably save your college fund, ahaha," they said in their usual jocular manner.

As a lull in the conversation came for just the briefest of seconds, Haruo blinked as he blankly stared at Wen's face. It was almost like he got lost in her features for a second, and while that happened a bit more often than he liked to admit, there was just something a little... different about h--

"Hey, wait a minute!" Haruo suddenly exclaimed, suddenly urgently grabbing Wen's hand and looking intently at her. "What happened to you?! Is this why I couldn't get a hold of you yesterday?! What were you doing?!" He said almost like a stern mother reprimanding her child for getting into a fight, evidently having only taken notice of the state of Wen's face once they'd stopped talking for a moment. "Does it still hurt? Do you need to go to the nurse or anything?" He asked, much more animated now than when he was talking about himself.​

231587_RLzfEatf.png
☻ Wen ☻

"No coconut. Got it. Maybe one. I'm sure my wallet can handle it, I can make a lot of bank lifting up stuff even machines can't." She then looked back to Haruo after bragging to Naoto, confused. "Something wr-"

That's when she was grabbed, a surprise expression flashing on her face before going deadpanned as her boyfriend began to splurge out his words. "Haruo." He kept talking. "Haruo." And on. "Haruo."

She finally got his attention and assured him, "I'm fine, I can handle a bit of pain. Most of this was from this morning when some dude brought up the sewer water incident. The one where the fucking water bender blew me into the forest? Yeah. I stole the mother fucker's knee caps. I believe I still have them in my bag." She dug around in her bag before lifting a middle finger up to him.

She just laughed. "Sorry, sorry, yeah. Yesterday I got a bit carried away with boxing at the gym and had to clean up the mess in return. Also some of that 'bank' I am makinf went into the repairs for the building...Haha..."

She then puckered up her lips, kneeling down a bit towards Haruo's face. "Don't grab me like that if you aren't going to kiss me love." That's when she practically jumped on him, grabbing him and sitting down in her seat and positioning him so he was sitting on her lap. She then made irritating kissing noises as she kissed his cheeks. "Oh who's a worried baby? Mwah Mwah Mwah! You are!"

She would do anything to make sure he wasn't worried about her health, the scared expressions he always made were kind of cute, but she preferred the embarrassed blushing ones.

Verite Verite

Time Skip: Meet your other (better) selvesWhere was the serial killer called Data?

The killer of hundreds of thousands. Who traversed through technology to slice open the throats of his prey. Man or machine they question when he reached a thousand deaths in a day. But as quickly as he killed he vanished. Hired for a taste to protect the data of the most dangerous of criminals. Now awoken once again by the sharp blade of prying hackers.

Once freed from the bonds of his service by a group of hackers hired by Alaric. Data had left after his first cyber attack on the hackers. Surprised that they were able to evade it he realized much had changed since his time across the vast world wide web. Letting them live for now he informed his employer and went off to learn what he had missed these past twenty seven years.

In a week he'd caught up with the world and turned his attention to something interesting in Knight Technologies research lab. Extraterrestrial in nature and bloodthirsty. Weaving through the security system was hard but never impossible for Data. He found a lab one of many of their kind researching the strange black figures. He sat and watched how some were released. Taken for torture and testing some coming back with missing parts and new scars. He watched them be placed to sleep over and over again only able to let out the faintest of words before falling back asleep.

Reading their language took some time but eventually the words were clear.

‘We will kill.’

A cruel glimmer shined in Data’s eyes, something so baselessly human not even Data could understand why he did what he did next. Reaching out into the labs system he gave the creatures their chance. Releasing the creatures and cutting the power to the lab Data watched through the security monitors of the Carnage he was promised.

The sealed pods that held the black figures opened with a hiss. Smoke seeping out and laughter vibrating across the glass.

The Centinals: AwakenedThe screams of the scientists were barely audible before they were quickly cut off. Bodies strewn about the laboratory floor as blood pooled and glistened underneath the eight humanoid figures. Their bodies were dark hardened material with sharp white eyes. Large antennas sticking out twitching amongst each other as they spoke to one another.

Slowly their hardened skin began to shift and change to a flesh color, their eyes turned a spectrum of hues and hair fell to their shoulders and neck. Stretching as they walked over the bodies they began to speak.

0bBCXFNSCATAsvidszqIcUmdTOEabDbTOFRyJ8-36jhBOe2beswql9wUVfM-vbe6kQkRGbT4aqaf6qeAUINFj7_jKo1OtzLpapxuhOA0gI2L-KCwHY-X1XI6dVlB5mkGHpj_DpFU
“Well this is new. I didn't think I'd ever get to wake up.” Their body shifted from female to a male and they looked over at the others. “Glad I got to kill these fuckers.”

Speeding like a blur through the lab the blonde boy gave everyone new clothing and changed himself. “Well they were certainly ready for us. Though…” He kicked the dead bodies. “Guess not too ready for us. Heh. Losers.”

“It's good to be fully awake.” A man with blue hair said as he ran his hand down his missing eye. “It's been awhile since I've been fully powered.” He gave a cruel grin. Electricity pulsing from his hand as he clenched it into a fist. “I'll make sure to incinerate all humans. For ruining my eye.”

A man with long violet hair and one eye laughed. “Oh yes the ruin of having one eye. Whatever shall one do brother?” The man sarcastically bemoaned. “I have some curiosities in the lab. I think I'll stay to look around.”

A glamorous woman with long pink hair stretched. “I can feel my other half. She's stronger than I, even now that I am awake. I will collect strength as she does.” She waved to the others and left the destroyed lab.

“I'll infiltrate the server from here and locate them for us.” The green haired girl said. Picking up the dead scientist’s glasses she rested them on her face and rolled over to the table. Opening up the computer she began to react hour through past missions and files.

Coughing a bit violently the blue haired girl looked down at her side. While changing she noticed a large surgery scar down her chest. Picking up a medical mask, she placed it over her face and nodded to the others. “Excellent. Once they are located we'll ki-”

“Make friends with them and work with them right boss?!” The blonde haired girl spoke up cheerful her antenna’s twitching happily.

“Quiet! You worthless pile of puss!” The female hissed over to the girl. Slamming her fist into her head siding the antenna's between the group to wriggle in pain. Recovering she continued. “No we're going to find our originals and kill them. It shouldn't be hard. Besides we're twice the being they are.”

The group gave an evil grin revealing their sharp pointed teeth. Adjusting their clothing and hair to hide their antennas, the group was ready. Leaving the ruins the initial five of the eight let out to cause a bit of chaos.

The Centinals: FreedStepping out into the world was easier than expected. The shutdown made most of the mechanical defenses null and void. Leaving the guards and staff to defend for themselves. Any empowered was quickly drained or copied, any weapon taken in a flash and every body incinerated. Leaving ashes in their wake the first five made it out onto the roof of the building. Drones surrounding them on all ends, missiles locked onto their targets.

Armed to the teeth with the weapons they picked up along the way the group smiled.

“Oh let me do it!” The blonde girl said as she bounced in front of the group and looked at the drones. Giving a wide grin she twirled on her heels. Flicking her wrist dice appeared in her hands and were tossed into the sky.

The drones were about to shoot but we're jammed by Data’s interference. Backtracking the source, Bran found data and executed a kill order on the living code. Data was forced to retreat but he'd given the girl just enough time.

The dice fell and rolled a ten. Leaping in excitement dual handguns appeared in her hands and she shot down the drones in a wave of fire, lighting, ice and rock leaving a large mess for the humans. “Yay! I did it! Did you see boss?!”

The blue haired girl sneered and tossed her head. Looking over the edge she noticed the rubble didn't fall to the ground but instead caught by a field. “Well this answers why others haven't arrived.”

The group received an incoming transmission from their green haired member. Listening as their hidden antennas twitched under hair and bows. “I've located our originals. They're apparently students at a school for empowered. We were created during a mission. Surgically removed from the original’s body and grown here.”

The brunette smirked and turned to a woman resting the machine gun on her shoulder. “Just mere children huh? This should be easy. Where's the school?”

“No. We’ll lure them out. Once they're dead we'll consume this world and bring chaos down on the humans.” The blue haired girl ordered.

“I'll transmit the location of the mission owner.” The green haired woman said. As their antennas began to quiver again.

The blonde boy ran down the length of the building and onto the force field. Running up the length till it stopped he noticed it was growing fast. The base's backup security system was starting up again now that Data was gone. “We need to leave before we’re trapped.” He said before blinking back beside the others.

Looking to the blue haired man, the man sighed and created a solid disk of electricity underneath them. The brunette woman turning into him to add to his powers. Rising off the ground they made their way to Apple City Market Street.

The Centinals: Attack!!An elderly man, his face wrinkled with age, body hunched against his cane he calmly made his way over to the group of wandering youngster. His body trembling with the exertion of movement, he still smiled at them as they landed. “H-hello...children. Is it Halloween already? Ho-old on I have some candy.”

“Ooooo candy!” The blonde girl said.

The brunette changed from the blue haired man back to their male self. “I wouldn't mind a treat. He pulled out a knife and licked it, bloodlust oozing from him.

The blue haired girl rolled her eyes and looked over the old man. “Call those heroes from your last mission. The one with the centipede monster. Now.”

The trebling old man looked up at the girl and grumbled something inaudible before saying. “Striped panties.”

The blue haired girl’s eyes narrowed and she snapped her fingers.

BOOM!! A large explosion erupted from the street. The blue haired man grinned as he blew up the old man’s house.

The blue haired girl stepped on the old man’s head. His body squished and deflated under the foot of the girl. “Call those heroes from your last mission.” Her eyes narrowed. “I’m not going to repeat myself again.”

The blue haired man swung his arm and a powerful bolt of electricity shot through the next two buildings, crumpling them to the ground. Scrams erupted from the busy marketplace. The people crushed underneath were likely dead, if not severely injured.

The old man nodded and bounced back into shape as the girl released her foot. The blonde girl’s eyes shined as she realized how bouncy the trembling man is. “Oh he's bouncy! Like a ball!” Kicking the old man up into the air as he dialed she began to juggle the old man with her feet as he called the HAPI mission office. Kicking him to the others they played a game as the old man asked for the heroes that came before to rescue him.

The dispatcher confused by the sounds of playful children in the background agreed and labeled it a beginner mission for freshman. A moment later the request was sent to class 2 for them to head to the Apple City Market Street.

New Mission!You have your mission heroes. Group up and head out to Apple City Market Street to meet the old man. He is in danger and must be rescued by a mysterious danger.
Threat Level: Beginner

The Battle
txfVEpW2_oTwQ1ALATEGWedSBrxnjjgUzIRJIgjhTJBK49JLpwccFDnRrCwd9ofOUl4X2NYjWRYK13ALhLhe5ay1hLxLuOaPKuJSzDS8zf-xjsAFVklBtVQG5RVawB96QZXA8Ljl
Cracks of lighting shot through Apple City Market Street. The place once a bustling town street had a large open area of rubble laid out. Ruined storefronts crushed the unlucky civilians still trapped underneath. Creating the perfect arena for the battle to come.

The blue haired man sat on the rubble of another destroyed building. Spending the time waiting picking off the leftover civilians as they tried to escape. Each crackle of lighting hitting its target with ease. He delighted in seeing the humans crumple to the ground. Even better when they crumble to dust.

“I'm surprised the authorities have yet to come.” The blue haired girl sent out to her brethren.

The green haired girl back in Knight Technologies replied. “This area is poorer than most. They rely on heroes rather than the local police. Since a formal mission request was issued the other heroes will back off. Just don't cause too much of a commotion till the rest of us arrive. We want some fun as well.”

“No promises” The blonde boy said with a coy laugh.

Watching as the beam of light erupted and the young group of HAPI students came out. The group slowed their play and looked over to them.

“It took you losers long enough.” The blonde boy said as he kicked the old man back to the blonde girl who continued to juggle him laughing and twirling. “That red head is supposed to be me? Fuck that he looks like a weakling. Even with all those chemicals.” The boy flipped Alaric off.

Looking over at her original she waved to Claude. “Hi! I'm you!” The blonde girl said cheerfully as she kicked the old man behind her and over to the brunette man. “You're gonna play with us right, Claude?!” The blonde girl asked, bouncing closer to him only to stop as she received orders through her antennas. Her bow twitched as she received them. “Aww ok.” Hopping back she waited, “We'll get to know one another soon! Maybe over coffee? Or tea? Oh! Boba Tea with almond milk sounds amazing!”

The blue haired girl rolled her eyes and looked out at the group of heroes. Slowly pulling off her gloves, “Greetings. You don't know us, but we certainly know you.” Extending her hand out she was kicked the old man and grabbed his face. Draining his powers from him she dropped the old man to the ground. The sound of his bones cracking as he hit the floor.

“Oh no.” The blonde girl said upset.

The blue haired girl looked at them. “Nine months ago you all fought a large centipede monster here. Some of you were unlucky enough to be pricked by its poisonous pin and had your eggs removed from your flesh. Allow me to introduce ourselves. We are the Centinals. We are extensions of you. Leon, Claude, Naoto, Alaric and Haruo.” She motioned to the Centinals as she spoke their names. The blue haired man, the blonde girl, the brunette woman/man, the blonde boy and herself, respectively. She tilted her head, her blue eyes shining with rage. “We're here to kill you.”

The brunette, Naoto's Centinal, pointed his machine gun at the group and shot at them.

The air around the blue haired man, Leon’s Centinal, crackled and burned as a storm of lightning surrounded him. Sweeping his arm lazily several bolts went after Haruo. “It’s a shame you’re immune to lightning” he said looking at Leon and leveling his pistol at him. “Now you’ll have to watch as I fry your friends from the inside out.”

Let the fight begin! Roll for Attacks Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint SoftSmile SoftSmile Verite Verite The Prophet The Prophet Elysium Elysium Hibiscus Hibiscus Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Selee-01 Selee-01 Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans

61925_lrhw6DD3.png
:angryfrown: Wen :angryfrown:

With her hair tied in tight buns, and her hands covered in brass knuckles she stepped into the beam with the rest of the class, ready to go have some lunch afterwards. She took a breathe as they spoke, analyzing them. She needed to be smarter this time, since she failed the last mission by being a cocky little shit. If that happened again she couldn't live with herself. She was confused at first, hiding her emotions with an expression of anger, but within time she understood most of the situation. Ugly duplicates, the only thing amazing about them is the power they copy. It would've been a lot better if she'd actually paid attention to what everyone's power was, rather than her close friend group. Again, her fault.

"Wait, nine months? So you're like infants? Or were you like born a bit after the egg was removed? Weird." She should probably shut up now, so she did, good thing too, because they announced their intent. Killing. Yeah, she figured as much, even with her limited deduction skills. Since she was beside Haruo, as per usual, she grabbed him up and kept him safe from the gunshots by jumping in the air, getting some distance on a building.

Then, bolts went after them, which Wen took the blast of instead of Haruo by turning her back to the bolts. She dizzily swayed around, almost toppling backwards as she put Haruo down. She was shot a few times, and her hair fizzed up with electric charge. "I'll be fine." She huffed. "I'm gonna need you to help me take care of them one at a time. You disable them, I'll destroy them."

Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Verite Verite The Prophet The Prophet Elysium Elysium Hibiscus Hibiscus Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Selee-01 Selee-01 Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans

1595893031375.pngThe Fight Begins"That's a good question! Are we infants?" The blonde girl said as she twirled the elemental gun in her hand. Thinking a bit too deeply on how or what they are. Looking over to their leader she wondered aloud. "What do you think boss?"

"It doesn't matter! Keep them back for now. And you go pick off the easy targets." The blue headed girl commanded to the others.

The blonde boy nodded and sped off throwing Raygen and Josh far off into the air.

"I'll catch them!" Min shot off to get them before they fell to the ground.

The boy instinctively turned to face his chemically altered original and smirked, "why not?" Charging Alaric he went to knee the guy in the gut before giving him a good solid punch to his eye.

Attack Roll to Alaric: 15

"I mean we were supposed to end up as perfect copies but being taken out we started to develop our own bodies. Hmmm" The blonde girl continued still deep in thought. Looking over to the students she called out to them, "Hey! What do you all think?"

1595892856830.png"Stop asking questions and get them!" The blue haired girl shouted.

"Ah! Okay! I mean, yes boss!" The blonde girl said jolting and running instinctively towards Claude and licked her gun. "Hi other me! Let's be friends! Okay!?" She pointed the elemental gun at him and shot a bullet of ice towards him and those nearby.

Attack Roll to Claude: 7

She stopped and tapped the cool gun against her head. "Though if I have to kill you we won't be friends. Hmm..." She looked back to the blue haired girl. "Hey boss do I have to kill him?"

"YES!" The blue haired girl shouted in anger before jumping back and snapping like rubber towards the direction Haruo and Wen went. Landing in front of them she gave a gruel twisted smile, "Well isn't this pathetic." She cocked her head, "Don't tell me, I have to go through you to get to him? Because you love him or some cliche like that." Giving a sigh, she laughed and clenched her fist, "fine. It'll be all too easy." She bounced back and rebounded right at Wen, ready to connect her fist with the girl's face.

Attack Roll to Wen: 7

"Mnmmmmm okay! Whatever you say boss!" She looked back to Claude and the others, "Sorry I guess I have to kill you. Please don't be mad!"

The blue haired man and brunette continued their assault of bullets and lighting raining down on those unlucky enough to be in the way.

Attack Roll to group: 17

395807_c7Elc2fU.png

:dead: Wen :dead:

Wen shook her head, trying to get all of the static out of her hair and clear her vision. A blue headed figure appeared in front of her and Haruo, and agitated her even more. "Yeah, that's fucking right! You fucking ruined my hair, guess you wouldn't know anything about that, with your bad weave job-" Before she could finish her insult, a fist hit her left cheek, sending her going backwards. She looked up to the girl, spitting out a bit of blood on the ground, wiping her lips afterwards. "Come on then, bitch."

A scuffle between the two began, Wen going in without thinking, feral growling and all. It lasted for a good few seconds, Wen being slowly sent backwards as Haruo was forced to the side or risk being destroyed by the powerful women. Wen had looked over to her boyfriend, making sure he was okay even though she was the one fighting, to find he had ended up in front of her with his back slightly turned due to the speed of the combat. Why did he have to wear such tight pants when they went out to battle? That's the final thought she had when she got hit square in the face, sending her off of the building.

This was it. She was going to fucking die because she looked at Haruo's ass for too long, was it worth it? Yes. Definitely. She smiled mid-fall, one of her hand's instinctively making an 'ok' gesture, making for a good laugh for anyone who found her sorry horny body. At least she would have 72 Haruo's in heaven.

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Verite Verite Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Elysium Elysium The Prophet The Prophet

Haruo Higuchi - Seeing Red
Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye SoftSmile SoftSmile

1596345945254.png
"Wha--?!"

Haruo gasped out as he could only bear witness to Wen doing the brunt of the work, easily tanking shots that would have put him down in an instant, and then clashing with one of the so-called Centinals. This talk of them being reflections of themselves mostly went over the boy's head, unable to really register that these kids -- whom he'd never seen before -- were supposed to be just like them. It certainly seemed to show in their powers at least, but Haruo could hardly think clearly before finding himself stumbling clumsily all around the place, his head spinning around the chaos of the fight.

Such was the case that Wen somehow ended up right behind him, while the blue-haired girl she was fighting bounced around to his side. In the stress of the fight, only then did he realize that she was supposed to have the same power as him, and that meant...

Wham!

... that Wen's strength was useless against her.

Haruo froze up again as he saw Wen be punched square in the face by the strange girl, only for that ice cold feeling of his heart sinking to be quickly replaced with something red and hot. He felt his blood boil inside quickly as he lay witness to Wen being hurt like that, a visceral reaction to such a horrific sight to him. This was his fault. She must have been too preoccupied with keeping him safe, from danger, and in the end, while he was uselessly in the way, she got hurt because of him. It was because of him. It was his fault.

No more of that.

Gritting his teeth, Haruo ran forward and clenched his fist, glaring daggers at the blue-haired girl right as she managed to deck Wen. If the girl was supposed to have the same power as him, that meant that they were more or less evenly matched. Two powers that were completely ineffectual against each other. In the end, it wasn't two superpowered figures clashing against each other. It was more like a clash between two normal high school students.

"Don't... fucking... touch... my... girl!!" Haruo yelled out toward the enemy, rushing forward with burning resolve as he threw his own fist right toward the blue-haired girl!

Attack Roll: 9

Naoto Tsukino - Hot Water
Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Others Present: Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet Elysium Elysium KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

"Y-Yikes!" Naoto, in female form, cried out, instinctively making a run for it in an attempt to evade the barrage of bullets and lightning coming their way. It was all-in-all a lose-lose situation from the looks of it from the moment they had the upper hand on them. When it became clear that evasion wasn't going to yield any results for longer, Naoto did the first thing that came to mind and activated their power. In the blink of an eye, they shifted into the form of Wen, making use of her power of super strength and durability to tank the enemy attacks as best as they could until eventually rolling behind a poor random car on the street for cover.

With a breath as they had just a moment (and little more) to take refuge, Naoto nonchalantly reverted back to their female form, clutching their side and clenching their eyes tightly as they reeled slightly from the pain of the bullets hitting them. Of course, Wen's borrowed durability was able to protect them from the worst of the impacts, though they still hurt like a bitch, leaving visible bruises on their form.

Lip quivering nervously, Naoto could only call out meekly from behind cover, calling for the Centinals. "H-Hey, wait! Can't we just talk this over?! If you're anything like us, you ought to know it doesn't have to end in violence, right?! Kiss and make up?!" Naoto called out to the enemies. Of course, this was admittedly a small ploy to stall for time while they thought of another plan, but undoubtedly it'd be great if they could call it quits too.

That was the rub though. Nothing nice ever happened in life, did it? Worth a shot though.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back