• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes of Today: God's Territory

An Unexpected Video
Unfortunately for anyone who was looking through the smartwatch, they'd find the revelation of the contents to be rather surprising. The watch vibrated, and then it opened a prompt screen. The prompt screen actually turned out to be a video feed, and it was an interesting video feed indeed. Clearly, it was some form of subliminal that was intended to make the onlooker feel strange inside.

Welcome to Kendrickson Institution of Scientific Study.

KISS welcomes you with open arms....

"LEMME GO!" A white-haired child with glowing red eyes found himself pinned against the wall. As the security guard pushed his face deeper into the metal, the metal melted around his vision and fell to the ground, scarring the guard's foot. Whoever was holding the camera had a very peculiar voice, one that was almost familiarly calming.

"Here at Kendrickson, we try to allow everyone to fulfill their potential. Nah, I'm just kidding, that's all boolshiet! We all go by cool nicknames and stuff! That broham over there who's burning the wall with his face is Accentor. His power is really spooky. Something about replicating test results of other subjects in a cooperative corpus. But clearly, he isn't that cooperative!" (This is technical talk for Power Mimicry.)

The camera turned around to face the holder of the camera. It was another male with white hair, and red eyes. It's as if the pigment was visibly drained from Accentor's and the camera holder's face. However, unlike Accentor, the camera holder had a very interested look on his face. "They call me Unknown, by the way I act and talk and do things. Check THIS out!"

*Static*

-Video Cut-

As the subliminal video cut, the audio didn't. A sound that could only be described as space-time warping could be heard through the watch. Clearly, this watch was somewhat advanced seeing as it supported video and audio together as well as enabled itself to handle so much trouble.

The video returned to the scene of a dark battlefield. There was a video of the same camera holding male, but instead he was standing across from what looked like a girl surrounded by a distorting aura. The most interesting feature of this video was that the male, Unknown, was actually at least six years older than the previous video on the watch. The girl, very obviously an esper of some sort, raised two rocks and tossed them at Unknown.

Unknown took a step back and the rocks simply reflected off of some invisible barrier inches from his skin. "Hahaha! Can't you tell already?! All it takes is the right number to knock something back exactly in your general direction."
"What are you going to do now that you blocked my attack? It's a stale mate."
"WRONG! All I have to do is touch your body, and-"

*STATIC*

The video began to shake and vibrate, before the camera died.

The camera came back to life, moments later, as Unknown picked it up. The hand that picked up the camera had a watch on its wrist. Unknown smiled at the camera before removing his smart watch and throwing it on the ground, crushing it with his foot. The same smart watch that the video was being watched on. The entire street behind him was demolished, even a sign that was labeled "Sett" fell to the ground and crumbled.

*STATIC*

The only other video that the smart watch cut to was hospital feed. Obviously, whoever programmed the smart watch, wanted whoever was viewing to enjoy the gory days of KISS. As the camera was about to shut down for the night, a strange numeral hovered around the hospital camera, shattering it immediately.

Back in the real world, the smart watch had returned to its home screen. It was a regular smart watch, save for a strange video that played upon opening it. It belonged to "Unknown Numerals."

258126 Sett Street: KISS Laboratories

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

As Eryn was about to leave his father's line of sight by entering the building, his father used his power to force a song to play in Eryn's head.
Oh God no

Of all possible songs, why did it have to be THAT one? Now he'd have this in his head no matter what until the song ended.

He was now walking through the hallways, partially distracted by the obnoxious music in his head. It was at this point he bumped into Victoria, causing him to step back and rapidly blink in disorientation. After a moment, he was able to focus on her and her apology for bumping into him.

"Huh...oh, no! That was my fault, I shouldn't have be--"
Eryn, what the hell are you doing? She doesn't know about the music forcefully playing in your head and you're not wearing any earphones. This won't make sense to anyone. Quick, change the subject before you look like even more of a socially-awkward fool than you already are!

"Wait, aren't you in my art class?" Good boy. Granted, he couldn't actually hear what the narrator was saying as that would be metagaming, but he did as requested anyway. He didn't really pay attention to the other students in his class, mostly knowing them only by face.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Hanah Solo
transparent lie transparent lie

Hanah looked to Aiwass, her plates was shrinking.
"Is it done?"

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu

"Hey, Soleil! Could you scratch behind my ear?"
Fayette's tail whipped more happily.
"I am from HoT, i am Neko C-rank Superhero."

Rachel Oliver
Black Matter
"Yeah, he's gone now. Let's go finish those errands."

Rachel walked towards supermarket, waiting to get her hands on some food or something. "Anything you like to eat in particular?"

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo

Hanah shaked her head. little horns formed back to her head, as other plates taked longer time to shrink.
"I am sorry from your clothes that you loaned."
There was holes again at her clothes, at spots where bone come out.​

Rachel Oliver
Black Matter
"Its okay. We can buy you new clothes but please cover up." Rachel raised a hand to cover it. However she came up with a better idea so she took off her jacket and put it over Hanah. "There, much better!"

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Rachel Oliver
Black Matter
"Let's get moving." Rachel walked to the shopping place with Hanah. "So, how exactly did you find those guys? I can't imagine being homeless is fun, so do you normally have run-ins with powered strangers?"

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo

"They helped me before i turned to monster. I was attacked by 3 mens who..."

Hanah couldn't continue, she started shaking and her spikes slowly form again.
(Still only bumps, so they don't go through Rachel's jacket yet.)

Rachel Oliver
Black Matter
"You don't have to continue. Let's just get on with our stuff. First thing is that we need to buy you some new clothes. You can't just wear that jacket all the time."

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo

Hanah followed Rachel to shop, little uneasy by fact that she felt that she would be on depth to Rachel and she didn't know how to pay back.
"Are you going to help me to choose clothes?"
Hanah asked, blushing.​

Last edited:
Rachel Oliver
Black Matter
"Sure, I guess. What kind of things would fit you..." Rachel began pacing around Hanah, looking at every inch of her body to determine what would be fine for her to wear. She finally settled on the idea of giving Hanah a pair of jeans and a black tank.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Hanah Solo

Hanah blussed when Rachel looked her body in fitting room. After shopping she switched to new tank and jeans, before leaving whit extra pairs that Hanah carried in bag.
"Are you sure that it's ok that you pay? I have bad feeling from these clothes."

Leaving the hospital was a relatively quiet affair. The clothes she came in with were no longer fit to wear, whether because they were too shredded or had soaked too much blood without her noticing, so she was allowed to keep the scrubs. It was a little weird, walking around in public with just those, but that was what shopping was for. She probably had enough in her backpack for a few sets, one for herself and then a couple for Eko with more than enough left over for food.

At the bus stop outside the hospital, she pulled a map out of the little bin left by the benches before stuffing it into her backpack and standing to look at the map plastered onto the back of the booth. There was a shopping center only a few stops away, so they might just be able to walk there. The next bus didn't show up for a good while yet and she didn't want to wait. Vicky glanced at Eko. They'd walk, and then if the kid wasn't feeling up to it they could just stop for a bit somewhere.

"Alright, there's a place to get clothes a few blocks away. Think about what you might like on the way over. No matter what you say I highly doubt you have more than a few days worth of clothes in that bag."

Vicky started towards their destination, taking in the morning. The city was done no justice from behind a window. The sky was clear after last night's downpour and the damp streets created a fresh atmosphere. The difference between the south and north side was only made more apparent to her. It would be good to move up here, closer to respectable establishments, not to mention much safer, especially for a younger kid. When they settled in Vicky'd have to find out what Eko's power was.

When they arrived at the factory store Vicky quickly picked out a t-shirt and jeans for herself.

"Go pick out whatever you want."

_Line 213 _Line 213

Norm Hall and Soleil Celeste

"Wait, you're from Heroes of Today?" Norm asked "My parents are in there too! My dad is an X-class and my mom is a V-class. You should go get to meet them sometime."

"Nyuu..." Soleil says before she proceeds to scratch behind Fayette's ear.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Eko glanced up at Vicky as they entered the store, before looking about at what might as well have amounted to a forest full of clothes. In his mind, he wouldn't really need more than a few day's worth, but at the same time, perhaps this wasn't the best time to argue, seeing as the two of them were still shaking off the morning's grogginess.

Quietly shifting through the aisles and racks, Eko glanced back and forth at the many available choices, frowning at the sheer assortment of what there was. He didn't even know how many he should be taking, let alone what he wanted to take in the first place. At a loss, Eko simply pulled two sets of loose shirts with abstract patterning free from the racks, and one set of pants. It would be best not to be a burden, after all.

Satisfied, Eko nodded to himself, before hurting through the aisles in search for Vicky, visible eye darting back and forth in search for the familiar set of mismatched scrubs. Searching for Vicky in the large store took Eko more time than it took him to pick his clothes in the first place, yet he eventually returned quietly, his modest selection in hand.

"...I don't need much," he said softly as he returned, the items bundled and slightly ruffled in his arms. Perhaps strangely, the boy declined to say exactly why that was the case; then again, he had not yet mentioned what he was doing alone in such a big city anyway.

Interaction: Mega Mega

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu

Fayette purred when Soleil scratched behind her ear.
"I think i will join to school, after i find where my Big sister is."

Norm Hall

"You're sister?" Norm asked, but then he remembered about that girl who had bones coming out from her body. "You mean...Hanah?" He added, hoping for a confirmation about it.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu

Fayette stopped scratching and stared Norm.
"You know my sister? You know what happened to her? Yesterday when i get to our Motor home, she wasn't there."

Norm Hall

"Well, about her..." Norm begins to feel uneasy as he would begin to explain the current situation of Fayette's sister "Hanah got attacked, and we somewhat saved her. She got a bleeding head, and so we took her to the hospital and a few minutes later, she came out with spikes growing out of her body. She's currently with someone else now."

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu
Fayette looked Norm suspiciously.
"Sis doesn't have powers. I have grew up with her, i know she doesn't have powers. And with who she did go? She doesn't like men."

Norm Hall

"Trust me Faytte, your sister has powers now. I'm getting a suspicious feeling about the doctor who treated her, and I need to know what he has done to give her that. And don't worry, the person she is with is a woman. Is she some sort of feminist or something?" The question alone wouldbe enough to trigger Fayette.

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu

"Sis, saw how men killed our mother and she's attracted to girls."
Fayette felt sad as started remember her adoptive mother, her tail dropped down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back