• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Heroes of the Sundering [Isekai]

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The world of Erodiel has been torn asunder. An invasion by beings from beyond the mortal plane has wreaked havoc across the land, with kingdoms and empires that had been built up over the course of centuries being utterly annihilated within days. What could only be described as demons emerged from hellish cracks in reality around the world, spewing from them to slaughter everything they could find. They came in great numbers through those hell gates, and so sudden was their appearance that even the most well-armed of nations barely had any time to react. Like a tide they came, washing over the lands and covering them in fire as they ransacked and slaughtered the population.

Those that survived the initial attack banded together to mount a brave resistance against the demonic invaders. Feuding kingdoms and warring clans put aside their differences for the sake of survival, and allied themselves under one banner. Together they battled the demons, fighting them back to whence they came. For a while, it seemed that victory was imminent, that the mortal inhabitants of Erodiel would triumph over the invaders.

Then came the counterattack with even greater force and numbers than before, a retaliation offensive. It is not truly known what happened then, if the allied armies had been lured into a trap, or if the demons that had initially participated in the invasion were nothing more than a scout force, or if there was a betrayal within the highest ranks of the alliance. What is known is that the allied resistance was practically wiped out, countless men all slaughtered in the ensuing chaos. The survivors fled to any refuge they could find, seeking shelter in the ruined cities and towns across the world as they hid from the demons and simply attempted to survive.

Five years have passed since that great defeat.

Underneath an ancient monastery the remnants of the Kingdom of Irdonia have uncovered what they believe could be their last hope against the invaders, their salvation from their doom. In the old archives they have discovered scrolls describing an ancient ritual that could only be activated in a time of great need, a ritual to summon heroes from another reality as their chosen to defeat the demons once and for all as their second chance in life. A final act against the Sundering.

They will be the Heroes of the Sundering, and they are our last, and only hope.

hots.png

----------------------------------
So, I'm finally getting back to hosting group RPs after over a year, and it's probably a little funny that the RP I've decided to do is basically a reboot of my old Heroes From Across Time. This RP follows much of the same concept, with a group of people from Earth being summoned to fight a great evil. Unlike that RP, however, they are a last ditch effort instead of merely being one of many, and Heroes of the Sundering will be a little darker and more plot-focused.

Like the original, your character can come from just about any timeframe, be it the time of ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, the Cold War, the modern present, or even the future. They don't even have to be from the same timeline, either. If you want them to come from an alternate timeline where Rome never fell or the Soviet Union won the Cold War, go for it. The only thing that must be the same is that they must be from Earth in some way. For instance, if your character was born on a colony world but conceived on Earth, that's fine. Unlike the original, however, your character has to have died in some way, given how saving this world will be their chance at a new life.

Your character will have whatever they had on them at the time of their summoning, mostly their clothes and belongings. Your character may have weapons on them when they appeared, such as swords and even guns. If your character has a gun, they arrive with it, but be warned: ammo is otherwise irreplaceable. However, they will also have a Treasured Possession that they will receive following the official introduction. This Possession is something that either means a lot to them, or will help them immensely on their journey. It can be something as simple as a family heirloom, or vital as a full kit of medical tools and equipment, or even a beloved pet. This Possession must be able to be carried around in some form, however, so no vehicles, please (except hoverboards I guess).

Of course, your character can also be a native of Erodiel. This of course means that your character can be a non-human race such as an orc, elf, dragonborn, or uwu catgirl if you wish. These natives will start off with knowledge of the land, along with belongings and magical abilities. Most of them will likely be battle-hardened given how they have been surviving in a world overrun by demons for years.

The setting of the RP, the world Erodiel, is pretty much a bog-standard D&D-type medieval fantasy world with dragons and orcs and elves and whatnot, except after the demon invasion has left it in a post-apocalyptic state.

I am hoping for at least six people before we can begin, with players having up to two characters, limited to one of each. OOC will be on Discord, and it is also where we will discuss plot and characters, so be sure to have an account.

DM me for the Discord.

Last edited:
Like the original, your character can come from just about any timeframe, be it the time of ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, the Cold War, the modern present, or even the future. They don't even have to be from the same timeline, either. If you want them to come from an alternate timeline where Rome never fell or the Soviet Union won the Cold War, go for it. The only thing that must be the same is that they must be from Earth in some way. For instance, if your character was born on a colony world but conceived on Earth, that's fine. Unlike the original, however, your character has to have died in some way, given how saving this world will be their chance at a new life.
Do they necessarily have to be from our, non-supernatural Earth? Or could like, a vampire from the medieval ages be summoned or something?

Potentially interested. Curious about ThatWhichShouldBe's question.

I'm interested and plan on using the same character as last time (a German spy for the Allies in WWII).

Do they necessarily have to be from our, non-supernatural Earth? Or could like, a vampire from the medieval ages be summoned or something?
Potentially interested. Curious about ThatWhichShouldBe's question.

I'd say that your character has to be human from a strictly non-magical Earth, with the only differences being divergent timelines.

Yup, your character has to be human, though you can DM me to further discuss what you have in mind.
Oh alrighty! I was just confused because you also said 'Of course, your character can also be a native of Erodiel. This of course means that your character can be a non-human race such as an orc, elf, dragonborn, or uwu catgirl if you wish.'

Clearing things up
Oh alrighty! I was just confused because you also said 'Of course, your character can also be a native of Erodiel. This of course means that your character can be a non-human race such as an orc, elf, dragonborn, or uwu catgirl if you wish.'

Oh, you're referring to that? Then yes, player characters are divided into two categories: Summoned Heroes and Erodiel Resistance. Heroes must be from Earth, while members of the Resistance can be mostly anything since they're from the fantasy world.

Oh, you're referring to that? Then yes, player characters are divided into two categories: Summoned Heroes and Erodiel Resistance. Heroes must be from Earth, while members of the Resistance can be mostly anything since they're from the fantasy world.
Ohhhh! So if my character isn't summoned and originally from Erodiel it can be anything? And it can't be a mix of the two, no?

Ask away. And please move this to DM to avoid excessive clutter.

I am very interested in joining if that's still possible! Am also brand new to this site...hopefully that is ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back