• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

Charlie felt all the color drain from his face when they said tumor and chemo. He took a deep breath shaking his head some looking at Carmen worriedly "Its okay....I'm sure...I'm sure its not cancerous." He murmured

Max gave a small nod and turned to look at him "Jeff we'll figure this out okay? Maybe she just isn't used to not being spoiled anymore." She whispered

She frowned and gave his hand a tight squeeze. “Charlie... whatever it is... it’s gonna be okay, I’m gonna do everything to get better and we’ll be back to normal before you know it.... for now... one ... day at... a time.” She mumbled rubbing out of energy towards the end and just leaned into him. “I love you... I’m gonna be okay.” She said softly.

Jeff sighed heavily and rubbed his face. “What do you mean spoiled? You think I fuckin spoilt her?” He muttered just feeling irritable now and the thing he hated most was people questioning his parenting abilities.

Charlie gave a small nod and sighed heavily kissing her forehead gently before cuddling her close "You'll be alright." Hw whispered before he started to fall asleep with her

Max frowned and pulled away stepping back from him "No Jeff, I know you are a good father. Before I came though you gave her everything she wanted, don't deny it. Maybe she is having a hard time adapting to you not doijg it anymore."

She managed to sleep all the way through to the late evening and woke up to see Charlie bringing a bag of food in. “Ooh what did you get?” She mumbled tiredly, smiling at him some.

Jeff frowned and muttered under his breath before walking off again and leaving her to finish dinner, kicking himself in his study.

Max sighed heavily shaking her head some and finishing up dinner quickly. She got the table set and made her way to Lana's room knocking on the door as she opened it "Hey there, dinner is ready." She murmured

Charlie smiled happily handing her the food he had got them "Panera, something light for the two of us." He said softly to her

She smiled some and got a pillow behind her back so she could eat, just watching him. “How you coping?” She murmured to him, watching his fingers twitching some and getting fiddly.

Lana frowned looking over at her. “I’m not hungry.” She grumbled crossing her arms over her chest.

Charlie took deep breaths shaking his head some "I'm....I'm okay just...scared. I don't know what I'd do without you." He murmured

Max frowned some shaking her head a bit "No you need to come eat Lana. NOW." she said sternly to her

Carmen frowned some, reaching for his hand carefully and gave it a tight squeeze after hearing the crack in his voice. "Baby... I don't want you thinking about that." She murmured, watching him some. "We are gonna get through this.... by going one day at a time." She murmured, squeezing his hand again and watching him, "You aren't allowed to stay tonight but until 9pm, I want your bubble butt next to me, we're gonna watch Star Wars." She smiled, trying everything to cheer him up.

Jeff came back in and frowned hearing more yelling and headed up the stairs frowning some, "Hey, hey! What the hell is going on?" He snapped at them both, having had enough of the yelling and screaming. He was exhausted at home, he was exhausted at work and he was at his wit's end at the moment.

Max frowned as Jeffrey came into the room shaking her head some "If she doesn't want to eat then fine! She can starve!" She spat before leaving the room and going to sit at the table and eat

Charlie nodded kissing the top of her head repeatedly while he sat with her "Mmmm I do love Star Wars." He murmured

"I know, but we're watching Rogue One so I can stare at Diego Luna's face." She winked at him some, glancing down at her sandwich. She had the appetite, just not the strength in her after all the complications the past 24 hours to finish eating it but she didn't want to worry Charlie anymore.

Jeff frowned looking at Max then back to Lana, "Hey, what just happened?" He asked her, a little softer seeing she was crying but not like she was having a tantrum, like she was scared and upset.

Lana whimpered some and looked at him "She yelled at me Daddy! Told me I had to go eat I said no and she said she was not going to listen to me no more! She spanked me!" She sobbed holding him tight

Charlie frowned some and kissed her cheek seeing she wasn't eating but he heard her stomach growl. He sighed heavily and pulled it up smiling some "Here babe, eat." He murmured holding it to her mouth

She glanced up at him, "You're a star." She mumbled, munching away quietly and stayed snuggled up to him until his phone rang, "Ooh it's your Mom, tell her I say hi." She told him around her mouthful. She'd met his mom twice now and they were getting on super well "Oh and tell her thank you for the peach crumble recipe." She got in quickly as he finally answered the phone and she leaned back into his arms a little, finishing her sandwich and started drifting off to sleep

"Charlie sweetheart, how are you?" His Mom smiled down the phone. "It's been pouring down with rain here in England, how is everything with you and Carmen out in the states?" She asked him

Jeff frowned and just rocked her gently, "Shhh, it's alright... come on, let's get you snuggled up in my old room, I'll be there in a few minutes okay? Here..." He put some cartoons on for her and kissed her head as he tucked her into the bed him and Janet used to share before heading downstairs and glaring at Max, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He spat at her.

Max frowned looking at him some "What are you talking about?! I got onto her because she is acting like a spoilt brat and I'm tired of it!!" She yelled taking a deep breath as she stood up from the table

Charlie got up when she got to sleep and stepped out of the room taking a deep breath "They found a tumor mom..." he said quietly his voice cracking before he broke down

Jeff scoffed, "You're not her goddamn mother!" He snapped at her, "You're the one telling me to take it easier on her cause theres clealry something else going on and then you lay a hand! On my child?!" He yelled at her, "I will not have you in my fucking house if that's how you're gonna be with my little girl!" He spat at her.

She frowned and put the TV on mute, "What are you talking about? With you? Or Carmen?" She asked him, frowning when she eventually heard Carmen's name and she sighed heavily "Oh Charles... I'm so sorry darling, is there anything I can do?" She asked him frowning. "You give her a big hug from me okay? Neither of you deserve this at all."

Max looked at him in shock taking a deep breath "Oh?! So you allow her to call me Mom just for the hell of it?! I never fucking touched her! Did I threaten to spank her yes was it maybe a little too far but damn it Jeff! She is just acting like a spoiled brat right now!" She yelled taking a deep breath letting a few tears fall shaking her head some "You wanna talk about hurting someone?! How about your fucking wife huh?!"

Charlie cried some taking a deep breath "I will mum...I'll talk with you later." He whispered before hanging up and going back Carmen sighing heavily when he saw the time

"That's not what I mean and I think you know it" He muttered, rubbing at his face in frustration, "You should never be threatening to touch a fucking hair on her head Max! Since when have I made you think that was okay?!" He snapped back, glaring at her, "What the fuck are you talking about? Don't you fucking dare bring Janet into this, this has nothing to do with my wife! I never knew she was that bad! She never let on to me or anyone around her what was really going on in her head, if I knew I would have stopped it all to make sure she was okay! You know what, get your stuff and get the fuck out of my house."

Carmen woke up a little, uncomfortable in the position she'd got stuck in after Charlie clumbed out and she'd slipped down a bit, looking over at him, "You gotta go huh? C'mere, you gotta tuck me in." She giggled tiredly, yawning some and reaching for cuddles from him.

Max glared at him and shook her head more "Fine! It was never going to work anyways! Until she is dead you were never going to love me as anything more than a body to keep your bed warm!" She screamed taking her purse and taking Dex with her before she left and went to find a motel to stay in

Charlie sighed softly giving a small nod "I'm afraid so darlin, I'll be back in the morning though okay?" He murmured smiling softly hugging her gently before kissing the top of her head

She shook her head and pulled him in closer. “Mmm, you behave for me okay? I’ll se you tomorrow if you come down, I love you.” She murmured, peck his lips then let him go and lay down to get some sleep again while the nurses were coming round and turning lights off.

He sighed heavily, going up to Lana once she had left and picked her up. “Come here pumpkin. Let’s go get dinner downstairs.... max has gone away for a little bit okay?” He murmured to her and rocked her gently.

Charlie nodded softly and kissed her gently "I love you too beautiful." He murmured before he went home for the night barely sleeping at all

Lana clung onto him a buried her face in his neck smiling some but made sure he didn't see it "Okay daddy.." she whispered cuddling him closer

She woke up earlier than planned in the morning and looked over at the doorway just waiting patiently for Charlie to get there and sighed to herself a little, trying to keep distracted with magazines, smiling when he finally walked in. “How many kids do you want?” She asked him smiling.

Jeff got her dinner and got her to bed, getting up in the morning and got himself downstairs to set up to work from home sighing heavily.

Charlie came in the next morning wuth a thing of flowers and breakfast for the two of them. He smiled some at her as he walked in but went a bit wide eyed at her sudden question "Huh? Oh umm....well I'm not fully sure. I was never one to have a huge family but 2 sounded good to me, unless the person I was with wanted more. I'd be open to talking further." He explained sitting down next to her bed "Why are you asking so early in the morning?"

Lana woke up the next morning and yawned going downstairs and frowning when she saw breakfast wasn't ready yet and her dad was asleep on the couch still. She frowned and made some cereal but went to Jeff to get help with the milk. Usually Max would have already had her breakfast made and outfit picked out for the day plus her school bag ready.

She smiled at him and shrugged. “I was just reading an article about some couple with fifteen kids.... and no I don’t want fifteen children.... I always thought one or two.” She smiled at him. “I got told off yesterday for eating food from outside last night so they’re gonna tell me off about the breakfast.” She pointed out. “Doctor said I should be able to come home by this afternoon, they wanna do the first round of chemo this morning and then I just gotta wait in case of an adverse resction... then we can go home.” She smiled at him.

Jeff groaned when he felt Lana shaking him "What? What? Oh... Lana sweetheart what is it?" He asked her quietly, rubbing at hsi face exhaustedly, "You get yourself any cereal yet?" He asked her, getting up and heading to the kitchen to help her root through cupboards for some breakfast of some kind.

Last edited:
Lana frowned some and watched him scurry "Daddy I made cereal, I just need milk." She said softly rubbing the sleep from her eyes "Daddy you gotta pick me up from school today. I have afterschool recital practice." She said wanting to remind him because Max would usually be the one to pick her up

Charlie chuckled some and went a bit wide eyed "Fifteen?! Good lord thats a lot of babies." He said kissing her forhead gently pulling the bag away "More for me then."

Carmen smiled some, "You need to eat anyway." She murmured, leaning into his side a little, "How you doing today?" She asked him quietly, still more focused on him than herself. She was scared he was going to slip back to alcohol if this got bad and she didn't want him ruining all his hard work.

Jeff groaned some and shook his head, "Lana, sweetheart you gotta take the bus, Daddy has meetings all day, you can miss one practice." He told her quietly, pecking her cheek and got her some milk in her cereal

-6 Months-

Max walked through the store sighing softly as she thought over her new interview for a photography studio coming up. She had been a wreck since Jeff had ended things between the two of them. She had lost a lot of weight was barely eating and hadn't slept much either. She constantly worried about Lana and Jeff hoping everything was going okay and that he was taking care of the two of them properly. She took a deep breath and gasped when she collided with another cart "Oh jeez I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." she said softly gulping some when she saw Jeffrey standing across from her "Oh um...hey.." she said softly taking a deep breath as she took him in. He looked just about as bad as she did and it worried her even more.

Charlie sat at home smiling happily as he put the finishing touches on a chapter for his book. He got up afterwards and made his way to look for Carmen smiling happily when he saw her out in the yard with Maple. He went to get Herbie and caught up to her "Hey beautiful, you feeling good?" he asked watching her some. She had recovered so well and he was starting to worry less about her health. He was so happy to have her back to just about 100% now. Though this made him realize just how much he wanted her to always be in his life, he just hoped she felt the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back