• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

She jjst nodded slowly. “If that would put your mind at ease... we should do that.” She murmured, pecking his cheek and got up to go get changed into something that didn’t smell of horses, making it halfway up the stairs before another dizzy spell hit and she sat down quickly so she didn’t fall, burying her head between her knees. “Charlie!” She called for him.

“you sneaky little minx. Thinking if you ask me when I’m half asleep I’m gonna give you the answer. It’s staying a surprise I told you that.” He chuckled quietly and pulled her towards him. “nuce try.” He laughed.

Charlie gave a small nod and continued to eat the humus she brought in while he looked over the script again. He shot up and ran out to her when he heard her yell quickly getting up the stairs to her "Whats wrong?!" He asked worriedly

Max laughed lightly and smiled some "Oh fine! I hate waiting though." She said giving him a small pout and puppy dog eyes "Can't I get a little hint?"

He chuckled and looked over at her again shaking his head, "You'll need a suitcase.... But you don't get to pack it." He mumbled, kissing her temple, "You gonna nap with me or go downstairs?" He asked her quietly.

:She whimpered a little and looked at him, scared this time. "I can't... I can't breathe." She managed to gasp out, gripping at his arms as he got to her, "My chest .... Hurts so bad." She whimpered. She'd been fine until just a few seconds ago.

Max gave a small smile and nodded softly "Mmmm okay fine." She said kissing him gently "I'm gonna go down and look over the animals okay?" She said softly going downstairs and looking after the animals smiling softly when she got to her favorite Donkey "Hey there my beautiful boy." She murmured

Charlie frowned more and pulled out his phone calling 911 immediately "Carmen try to calm down okay? Deep breaths." He said telling her exactly what the woman on the line was telling him

She gripped at his free hand as much as she could as they carefully moved to be back down the bottom of the stairs just watching him and trying her best to follow his instructions. Her grip started loosening a little and by the EMTs arrived she was out cold.

Lana got off her school bus and went straight through to the back after hearing Max’s voice, making her way over to her and frowned. “I can’t get in the house.”

Charlie frowned and stayed by her the entire time he could "Babe? Carmen?!" He asked looking at the EMT "Is she okay?!" He asked worriedly

Max frowned some "I'm sorry sweetheart, I locked the door and your dad is asleep." She said smiling some "You okay?"

“sir you’re gonna have to stay back.” One of them told him firmly, getting her out of there and into the ambulance as quickly as possible, letting him ride in the back so he could answer any questions they had. She was in and out of consciousness the whole way there, still struggling to breathe. The next time she woke up was a few hours later, frowning a little at the sounds of monitors and looking over at Charlie sitting in a chair by her bed, not quite sure what was going on. “What’s going on?” She croaked our, reaching for his hand.

She frowned some and crossed her arms. “He is always sleeping.” She muttered, grumpy about it. “He used to sleep lots with mommy too and before she got sick they did lots of yelling about it.” She muttered frowning.

Charlie frowned more holding her close hand tight as he looked at her sighing in relief when he saw her wake up "We're at the hospital babe...god I thought I lost you." He murmured kissing her head gently "They're thinking heart attack."

Max frowned sighing heavily "Well sweetheart his job tires him out alot is okay though. He'll be up soon enough." He murmured pushing some hair from her face "Whats been going on sweetheart? You've been mad at him a lot lately."

Carmen frowned looking at him a little in shock and just shook her head, "No I.... a heart attack? Charlie I've never even.... That's not fair." She mumbled, swallowing back tears. She had always looked after herself and kept fit and healthy and now she was finally beginning to crack with how little she was able to do. Ending up in the hospital was just the final straw for her and she couldn't help the tears anymore, just holding onto him tighter.

Lana looked up at her and frowned, "He made mommy sick." She told her. In reality she was just mad that he wasn't letting her get away with everything anymore but she wanted Max gone because when it was just her and her Dad, he had spoilt her rotten and she wanted that again "It's his fault she gone." She told her

Max frowned more looking at Lana in a bit of shock "Lana what are you talking about?" She asked getting worried and a bit scared as well as to what it could mean.

Charlie held her close and sighed heavily kissing the top of her head repeatedly "Shhh shhh its okay babe, theyre running more tests to check everything out and make sure you're okay alright? We'll figure this out."

She just leaned into him and frowned more, "I just wanna be back to me again." She told him quietly, sniffling a little once she calmed down and held onto him tighter. "Can I have some water?" She asked him quietly, wiping at her eyes and reached for the cup when he brought it over, her hands still shaking.

She frowned and looked up at her again "They had lots of arguments and he always yelling at her and she always crying cause he hurt her all the time." She told her.

Charlie nodded softly and handed her a cup of water kissing her cheek gently "I love you so much babe." He murmured holding her close to him making sure she felt safe

Max frowned more shaking her head some "Lana go inside and do your homework." She murmured

She leaned into him a little and frowned, "I'm sorry... I'm just scared." She mumbled to him tiredly, her energy all going back out the window as she lay with him, watching out the door into the hallway, just appreciating at least that he'd helped her get insurance when they first got together. It wasn't long before she was asleep again, leaned up into his arms.

She just nodded and trudged inside, heading to the kitchen to do her spellings, seeing her dad come down a bit later and he stepped over, kissing her head and smiling "School go good today?" He asked her quietly, going to get a drink out the fridge and leaned against the counter, watching her some.

Lana nodded some "Yeah very good, Max is out with the animals still." She said finishimg up her work and grabbing a jucie box from the fridge "I want mcdonalds for dinner daddy."

Charlie held her close and sighed softly kissing the top of her head every so often "You are so beautiful you know that?" He said trying to cheer her up

She smiled a little at him, squeezing his hand gently “Love you.” She mumbled before she fell asleep again, getting a little rest until she was struggling to breathe again, waking up and gasping to try and get any air in, looking over to Charlie as the room quickly filled with people to try and get her relaxed again.

he frowned stretching a little. “No... Lana we already had pizza this week kiddo, we’re gonna do some chicken and mash. You want green beans or peas with it?” He asked her hoping if she made that decision there would be less tantrum.

Charlie shot up as she started having trouble breathing. He quickly pressed the call button as he alarms sounded off. He moved out of the way looking at her worriedly while the nurses looked at her

Lana frowned some and grumbled a bit at that "Green beans..." she muttered sighing heavily "Its not fair! Max chose pizza! Why can't I get to choose one time?!"

“Cause you chose last week, it’s my turn next week then it’s yours again, so when it’s yours if you still want McDonald’s we can go get McDonald’s.” He told her calmly while he got stuff out to start dinner.

they were soon moving him out of the room and told him to wait outside, trying to help hee but he wasn’t allowed to see her for several hours after until around four pm they came to collect him for her room. ‘She’s requested you be with her while they read out her test results‘ her nurse explained.

Lana frowned and threw her juice box at him hitting him right on the side of his head "I hate you! And I hate Max too! I wish you would go away!!" She screamed before running upstairs to her room.

Max heard yelling as she stepped inside and rushed to the kitchen looking at Jeff worriedly "Is everything okay?" She asked in a bit of a panicked tone

Charlie gave a small nod and made his way into the room taking her hand in his "Hey beautiful,you feelin okay?" He asked quietly holding her hand tight.

Carmen looked over at him and frowned some, propped up with a couple extra pillows so she could be sat up and just nodded, squeezing his hand, "Yeah... a little better." She mumbled, feeling well and truly tired out though, "They said they were gonna come give me results soon.... They weren't gonna let you in here." She mumbled frowning, seeing his fingers twitching and he was looking very fidgety, just reaching for his other hand and gave it a squeeze, "You doing okay?" She asked him quietly.

He frowned watching her go up the stairs and sighed heavily, picking the juice box up and going to wipe his face off, "Just fuckin' peachy." He muttered, "Why you out of breath?" He muttered, rubbing at his face and shrugged some, "Never mind, i'm gonna go for a walk, I'll do dinner when I get back." He mumbled, kissing her cheek and headed out with Dex following at his heels

Charlie did his best to smile at her but this was an all too familiar situation for him. Laura had been pretty sick and they ran tests, thats when they had found her cancer and she was gone within 6 months. He just prayed this wasn't happening to them as well "Yeah babe....I'm fine."

Max frowned some taking a deep breath to calm her heartrate. She had ran from the back of the house to make sure Lana was safe after the scream a bit scared Jeff might have hurt her. She didn't want to believe that Jeff was abusive but she also didn't think Lana would lie about such a thing

She smiled some at him, tiredly. "Liar." She mumbled, rubbing circles in his palm with her thumb lazily, "You've been fiddling with your chip for the last few weeks." She mused, seeing his free hand was at the chain around his neck that now held his sobriety chip.

He got back after an hour or so and went to finally make dinner, frowning some at how quiet Max was being, passing her a drink once he'd stuck the chicken in the oven and pulled her into his arms, "You okay beautiful?" He murmured softly to her.

Max tried not to tense as he pulled her close giving a small sigh "Yeah babe I'm fine just worried about Lana." She murmured kissing his cheek softly "You okay? That walk help you clear your head?"

Charlie gave a heavy sigh and looked at his chip biting his lip hard "Its just.....its like a cycle repeating itself. Maybe I'm just a bad luck charm for women." He whispered

She frowned some and watched him, shaking her head, "Don't be so silly, you? a bad luck charm? Charlie you've made me happier than I've ever been, you're an awful bad luck charm." She teased, still tracing circles in his palm and about to continue their convesation when her doctor walked in.

He frowned some but nodded, "I just don't understand where all this anger has come from. She has temper tantrums, I get it, she's barely seven.... but screaming at me, day in, day out? I don't.... What the hell do I do to stop this?" He sighed heavily, rubbing at his face

Charlie gave a heavy sigh kissing her forehead "I just.....Laura...she happened like this.." he whispered before shutting up when the doctor came in.

Max sighed heavily shaking her head some "I don't know babe I really don't know. I think she needs someone to talk to." She murmured giving a heavy sigh

“I know honey.” She murmured giving his hand another squeeze, looking up at the doctor expectantly.

‘Ms Sanchez... the good news is that we can give you an answer as to why you’ve been so dizzy and your breathing problems, the bad news is that it’s been caused by a tumour, restricting your airways as it’s gotten bigger. If they’d tested for thissix months ago when you first started showing symptoms it would have been a very quick fix, unfortunately now we’re gonna have to do a round of chemo before we even think about removing it. the results should be in tomorrow morning as to whether this is cancerous or not. For now, you should get some rest, once we know what we’re dealing with we’llsort you out a prescription and you can go home.’ He told her, giving them a minute before he left them to privacy finally.

he frowned some and sighed quietly. “I’ve been looking into it. I wanna make sure they’re decent first before I try it out.” He mumbled just feeling defeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back