• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Guardians of Xandriel

Lithia

You can't save a damsel if she loves her distress

Guardians of Xandriel

Welcome to the land of Xandriel, a realm full of magic and turmoil. Here you will find humans and their guardian protectors as well as Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, and other creatures of legend. Xandriel is made up of seven lands with Askor being the one in power. In the past many wars were fought but now the lands are at peace with each other. They will need to band together and be strong because a new threat is rising, one set on righting ancient wrongs.

In the beginning humans were weak, they were nothing compared to the vast world around them and they stood no chance of survival. It was the ancient gods who took pity on them and created a new race of guardian protectors to defend their very survival. Somewhere along the passage of time the ancient sacrifice and heroism of the guardians has been forgotten. Now that humans have conquered many lands it is not necessary for the guardians to serve the same purpose as they once did. They have become servants to their human's will, however not all are willing to stand for this.

The rp starts out in the small fishing village of Saffron where a girl (my character) and her guardian live peacefully. The girl is a princess though she was not raised as one, having older brothers in line for the throne she was sent to the village as a commitment to both land's continued peace and alliance.

My friend's character will be a fallen guardian, the first one to complete the ritual to separate from his human. (He will be my co-gm.)

Your characters can be from the small town of Saffron or any other human city (I have a world map drawn up that I will post in the actual rp.) Together we will explore the many different stories to be told in the world of Xandriel. I really hope there is some interest in this rp!

This is a partner rp (unless you take on the role of a fallen guardian.) Every human has a guardian protector tied to their soul.

- In this rp you will take on the role of a guardian, fallen guardian, or a human.

- The rp will be somewhere between casual and detailed. At least one good paragraph will be required.

- You will be allowed two characters max and they have to be from different categories.

- Ideally you will have someone other than yourself as your companion.

- I do not have a set plot, rather a few different directions this could go in.

- If your chosen character is a guardian or fallen guardian, you may choose your characters powers. Be very careful not to make your character too op though or I may ask that you revise before accepting. (Acceptable powers are things such as; shifting into an animal, elemental powers, increased strength, healing/regeneration, etc.)

• Bound to their human's soul Guardians spend their existence protecting and serving their Humans. Most Guardians prefer to always have their Humans in sight but it's not necessary for they can sense their Human's emotions and feel any pain inflicted on their Human. Being close by however is beneficial to stop any pain or negative feelings their Human might be experiencing. All Guardians have unique powers to aid them in their protecting skills, but they are not unlimited or without consequence. If over used they become weak and might not be able to protect their Human. Because they feel all their Human's pain a Guardian may experience a painful death more than once in their life. When their Human dies the guardian is still attached to their soul and must follow it when the soul is born again into someone new. If a Guardian fails to protect their Human they feel great remorse that can often cause them to become vastly over protective of their Human in the Human's next life. Sometimes they even punish themselves by inflicting pain or leaving a scar on their body as a reminder of their failure.

Guardians are ageless and will live forever unless they are killed, which is extremely difficult to accomplish. They can change their age appearance and often reflect their human's age in appearance. Sometimes Guardians become friends with their human however they can never speak of the other lives the human's soul has experienced. On rare occasion a Guardian may fall in love with their human but it is frowned upon because the soul lives so many lives and is different in every life, a Guardian may go insane with the unrequited love that often results in the soul's other lives. Even more rare is that a human may fall in love with the Guardian, they view their companion as a servant or protector and friend at most. The human who falls in love with their Guardian would be regarded as foolish and unnatural by fellow humans.

In a lot of cases Guardians enjoy their role in the world and work together with their Human in peace. They find comfort and satisfaction in protecting and aiding their human. It is not always the case though. Some Guardians feel captive to their Human. They don't speak out against their human or attempt to escape for fear of punishment or pain being inflicted upon them. Many accept their fate as lesser beings, regarding their Human masters as someone to fear and serve.

eZ88b6w.jpg

Ah Bonjour Lithia, how are you doing? Been a while, sad that the survival of the fittest thing stalled. But this. ohohooho looks like so much fun, count me interested

Thank you for the interest! I'll probably set up the rp on Monday or Tuesday and I'll be sure to tag those who commented here :)

Hey Jarkov! It's good to see you :) I'd love to have you join this rp!

Last edited by a moderator:
Id be honored to join, partner system right? Well then looks like once said Rp has started I had best make friends eh?

MoltenLightning said:
I'm gonna need to find a partner now.... Hmmm... Maybe I ll find someone during sign ups. :3
Molten I wouldn't mind partnering up...I don't bite too hard :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back