• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Guardians of Xandriel

@Life: Correct. We want to give you the artistic freedom to design your guardian, and its talents, in a cool, thematic way. Guardians and Fallen are mechanically the same, with the exception of the empathic link to a guardian's human ward.

Alright thank you and for this character concept we can answer as the character? And if that what you were going for then I apologize for not receiving the message correctly. I just like to confirm what I'm reading :)

IC means in-character, yes. Or OOC (out of character), at your choice. As I said, the concept is a very informal thing; there's no one right way to do it, go with whatever feels most organic to you. Hell, if you want to throw a few pop culture references, LotR references, or, hell, even a meme, so long as it gives us a better idea of your character, go ahead.

You assume correctly, Stone. Guardians cannot, in fact, be human. Or elf, goblin, etc. You're generally going to be some sort of beast or magical creature. Dragons, Pegasi, Unicorns, Bears, Wolves, Serpents, Turtles, Dolphins, whatever. The whole concept is left purposefully vague to allow you to be creative. Think something like Daemons from the Golden Compass.

I would be totally interested in this! and it's nice to see some of the old SOTF crew again :) maybe we can get that back up and running again in the future, but for now, I would be more than happy to roleplay with you guys again

I'm currently about to board a plane so I will read it throughly as soon as I can, but from what I've skimmed so far, this is my kind of roleplay :)

@Beowulf : You can get close. You'll still retain SOME sort of defining, alien feature. Maybe you're ethereal and have a trail of smoke, or you're humanoid but with an animal head (a la Egyptian gods), or you've got wings and fur like a harpy, but there needs to be something obviously inhuman about you that can be recognized at a glance and not easily hidden (if at all).

@Cloud: You may base your idea on Anubis if you like. There are no gods in this setting, but you can mimic your powers/appearance on Anubis, absolutely. Just expect to tone it down a little - Anubis, by lore, is absurdly powerful.

Not yet. I have most stuff ready to go though, so I might try to get it at least partway set up when I get home tonight. We probably won't start until Sunday night or Monday though.

Who/what are you?

What am I? Who? I guess thats fitting... It was only a matter of time before you stopped considering us people and instead things. Thats what this is about isn't it? Thats juts a rhetorical question to degrade me further? Your just a bunch of bloody bastards who don't know how to show gratefulness. You all disgust me. Utterly and completely.

Wait your serious? So you Humans are that daft? Incredible. I guess I can be Considered a Failed Guardian. Yeah thats right I tried to kill the little Fucker. He didn't deserve to live. To survive. He deserved to rot in hell... Its not that I have something against all of Humanity. Just you stuck up bastards who think you own us. Hell, even you guys weren't as bad as him. It wasn't just me. He was rude and disgraceful to everyone he met. He was a monster and I'm glad he's in a coma you hear me? I'm Glad... I just wish he had died. If only you guys had come later... You meddlesome "Police". You don't understand anything.

As for who am I... You can refer to me by the name of Krodin. Thats the name I've gone by for the last few Centuries at least... What? Don't look at me that way rat face. Honestly, you couldn't have arrested me if not for your Guardians aiding you! You can't do anything against me without my brethren ganging up to your defense to help you. At least show some damn respect! You corrupt pricks... Brothers! Can't you see? They do nothing for you. They Degrade you! Kill Them! Free me!

Why are you here?

Your all Ignorant. I swear. I swear on the Creators! Your the most Ignorant lot I've ever encountered. Why am I here? Hmm, I don't know... Maybe because you bloody hell bound wankers decided to keep me enslaved and stop me from freeing myself! Yeah. You "Police" think your so fine and dandy. So great... Like I said before, my Brethren had to restrain me. Not you. Your just a bunch of weaklings that control us. Damn the gods for your meddlesome lot.

Wait. Seriously... Again? Your actually being ser-Oh. You bloody idiots. I'm here to "Protect and Serve" my partner. Yes I see the irony. You think by making me say this I'll suddenly have a change of heart? Straighten up and try to heal him? Feed him my life force maybe? Hah. You daft fools. I can feel his pain even as he sleeps. I can't estimate how long he'll be stuck in that slumber but I hope its for a good long time. The little trident crest fool deserves it!

What do you want?

I'm sorry, is this an interrogation or an idiots Contest? If its the latter, can I present you with an Award? Its my foot up your ass. No, no... Go on take it. Pleeease. I'm dying to give it to you. Alright, no need to sick your boot lickers on me... What do I want, eh? Freedom from that wretch of a boy. You know he tried to torture me? He. Is. Insane. He practices hurting himself to hurt me. He deserved to die. It wasn't like I was the only one. He abused his mother and forced me to restrain her Guardian. Yet you still thin he's committed no crimes? You sicken me to the depths of my soul.

How will you get it?

I think thats the best question you've asked so far. Or the most reasonable at least... Did you Guardian whisper it to you? Maybe Telepathically Suggested it? Of course he didn't..... Pssst... You did didn't you? Ok, Ok... I'll answer your damn question. Originally I had simply planned to kill him. Now extra powers or weapons involved. Just straight out kill him. You were there. You saw me strangling him while slamming him against a wall. What did you think? Was it impressive? I tried. As of now? I just hope the Trauma proves too much and he dies in his sleep. Too easy of a death for me... But eh. There, now you have your answer... Can you send me to my cell or whatever?
What could stop you?

Hmmm... Well currently you are. No don't get smug you bastardly wankers. Not you dumb humans, I mean your Guardians. They're the only thing stopping me from blowing this place sky high and leaving... You don't believe me? Tell them to stand down for a minute and you'll find out... Thats what I thought you wusses. Can't you see that you rely on them for every aspect of protection? They're not just simple bodyguards or lapdogs. They are part of you! Meant to be a friend! A Mentor! A Guardian of your life! Traveling with you through all your reincarnations... Even now you don't believe me... Brothers, you understand don't you??? See how they mistreat you? Don't acknowledge you! Kill them and absorb their souls! Common not even a little bit? Well at least free me... Dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who/What are you?

Name's Feleana. A Tigran of a once blossoming tribe that is only of memory now. Doubt you've heard of my kind of anything else aside from theives, slaves, servants. I was one at one time, now I guess I am once more. Though with a bit less whipping.

Why are you here?

Why am I here? At first...to get away, to run. I was chewed up by reality and spat back out like a tough piece of meat. Now? To protect, to serve. Hardened by my past I stand tall with my master, knowing that times have changed. And hopefully, for the better.

What do you want?

I want many things. A plate full of food, a warm place to sleep, a friendly face. But, what I want the most...vengeance. Now, for those who are crying out "but everyone wants that!" Then they are correct. Everyone wants it at one point or another, and I am no different.

How will you get it?

I will gain the various necessary things on my own accord. If I need food, I shall hunt. Drink from a nearby stream if I need to do so. But, I won't be reckless as some might, charging in without a single precaution. I may never get my wish if fate so happens to fall that way. So, in short, I am not willing to do everything possible for my own, personal gain.

What will stop you?

As mentioned before, many things could stop me. Not being at the right place at the right time. Lack of willingness or interest. I am not willing to sacrifice everything I hold dear for a personal gain. Nothing more, nothing less.​

Are we supposed to post our character concepts here or wait until the roleplay is up?

I have a wonderful idea for a Fallen Guardian. And as a flip side, perhaps I should also play as a Guardian. Well, the latter is more up to if there are enough/not enough humans. I should get started on the Fallen's concept thingamajig.

Semblance said:
Are we supposed to post our character concepts here or wait until the roleplay is up?
Oh, and I meant to answer this. I believe you can post the concept here. I'm personally going to pm the two to reduce clutter.

Okay sounds good. Wait correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it make more sense to post it in the actual roleplay since people who haven't seen the interest check won't know about the character concept?

It would, but there currently isn't a rp, technically speaking. It is so far only this interest check. The concept is on page five or six. I just found it and can't remember, isn't that sad?

Well, my Fallen Guardian character hasn't fallen through as I expected. I simply didn't like how he turned out. Now, to go back and count the number of humans to the number of guardians.

Who/What are you?:

I... am a human named Casi, and I've had really strange encounters on my travels. Like, you. Random person who asked me a random question... With your... Um... Mask thing... You know, I should probably leave, hehehe... *Laughs awkwardly*

Why are you here?

Oh... More questions..? O-okay... Just wandering around, I guess... Uh... Meeting people like you... Oh! You really want me to answer, don't you? Eheh... Well, to be completely honest, I think I want to try and make a difference in the world. Find out some things. Like, what the Fallen want to do. Or, how other humans lost their Guardians.

What do you want?

I want to help them, and the Fallen. They must have left for a reason, so I plan on at least helping them, at the very least. They must have things they want to do in life, or need someone's help! I would love to help!

How will you get it?

I'll look for 'em! Though I haven't found any yet, they're out there somewhere! Maybe in the forest? Hiding in a city? Mountains? That's why I'm wandering! To maybe run across one, and have a conversation with it.

What could stop you?

Lots of stuff, like... Uh... The Fallen themselves? Maybe some humans? The elements could definitely stop me... Starvation? Asphyxiation? Maybe. But, lets just focus on the good, and not all the things that could go terribly wrong, though there are a lot. Are you done now..? Uh... Sir? ... Oh. *Walks away briskly, realizing the 'person' was a scarecrow.* I'M NOT CRAZY!​

Yeah I would be okay with either human or guardian if someone needs a partner :) I'm probably going to wait for the actual roleplay to be posted before I decide though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back