• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ๐“–๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ฎ - ๐“˜๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ด

specters

ash and flame

INTRODUCTION

Thousands of years ago the first Grimoire was discovered, a strange but amazing source of power. At first glance it appeared to be nothing but a dusty old book - a cracked spine, worn pages, but within those pages lied magic. With a Grimoire, the weakest person could become mighty, a peasant could become a king. Wars were won on the backs of Grimoire holders and nations built with the magic they possessed.

For the longest time, Grimoire holders stood unopposed and were considered the most powerful beings on Earth. Eventually, however, a group of people rose to prominence that sought to depose the Grimoire holders, they came to be known as Witch Hunters. Over a span of years the Witch Hunters grew exceptionally proficient in killing Grimoire holders, so much so that they were almost hunted to extinction. The Witch Hunters collected the Grimoires of the fallen holders and destroyed them, their creed being that no person should hold that sort of power.

The few Grimoire holders that survived the hunts scattered and went into hiding, keeping their precious Grimoires close at all times, passing them down through their family lines until eventually they were lost to the world. Hundreds and hundreds of years went by with no magic to be mentioned, no Grimoires discovered, and eventually the age of magic forgotten. The world moved on, and the lost Grimoires stayed that way, until now.

ABOUT

Hello! I've always wanted to host a RP dealing with magic, but I've never been able to get anything up and running either because of life getting in the way or inspiration fleeing me, but we're here now and I'm hoping this will be a long and successful RP.

Grimoire is a modern RP with high-fantasy elements, mostly in the form of different types of magics. As stated in the introduction, the magic in this world comes from Grimoires, books filled with spells and invocations, each of which hosts different powers and abilities. There is no Grimoire that is like another, each follows its own theme and sticks to it, meaning that there isn't any Grimoire that dips into the same powers another one has.

The RP starts with each character finding their Grimoire and then progresses through the discovery of the Grimoire's abilities and spells. By some mystical chance, all of the Grimoires have found their way to a small town in North Carolina, where our protagonists live. Upon the initial discovery of their Grimoires, each character is approached by Witch Hunters and attacked, being forced to run. All of the new Grimoire holders run into each other and realize they're all being chased by the same people. Upon this realization they decide to work together to escape, and while in hiding they meet another Grimoire holder who helps to hide them and helps them to discover the abilities of their Grimoires.

Rules

(1.) All of RPNation's rules apply, of course.
(2.) This a mature RP and will have mature elements, i.e. violence, drugs, alcohol, profanity, etc. If you are uncomfortable with any of these things then I recommend staying away from this RP
(3.) While this is a mature RP, any violence that is deemed too extreme is prohibited, as is any sexual content. This is both in accordance with RPNation's rules and my own.
(4.) This is meant to be a casual RP, so I don't expect daily posts, but I will be requiring at least one post per week.
(5.) I would like this to be an at least semi-advanced RP, so while I won't be requiring 5 paragraphs per post, I will not be accepting any one liners, as they do nothing to move the RP forward.
(6.) Be respectful to one another, there should be no OOC drama, and if there is, please bring it to my attention and if needed, I will bring it to staff's attention.
(7.) Most of the OOC discussion will take place on Discord
(8.) This is not first come first serve, and will be on an application basis - Once enough interest is stated I will send Discord invites and will post the Character Sheet.

ROSTER

GRIMOIRE HOLDERS (4/6)
These are the new Grimoire holders, they have recently discovered their Grimoires and must learn to harness the Grimoire's power.

GRIMOIRE MENTOR (NPC)
The identity of this person is yet to be revealed, though what is known is that their purpose is to help the new Grimoire holders learn the secrets of their Grimoires and to help them evade the Witch Hunters

WITCH HUNTER LIEUTENANT (1/1)
A higher up member of the Witch Hunter organization. This character is currently in charge of tracking and putting down the new Grimoire holders, as well as the Mentor.

WITCH HUNTERS (0/4)

This is an association who's sole purpose is to hunt Grimoire holders and destroy their Grimoires. Foot soldiers of the Organization, they act on the orders of their superiors and are the primary force used to hunt Grimoire Holders.

Last edited:
definitely interested! I love the concept

Y E S
i am very interested!
<3

Very interested! Mostly about the possibility to play a Witch Hunter, but either way I'm interested. Are you thinking about opening those spots based on suitability or is it in case of overwhelming interest?

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze XpurpleXfire XpurpleXfire Shagranoz Shagranoz ThatGummyKnows ThatGummyKnows SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow coeur coeur Feyrie Feyrie Ayama Ayama Danidify Danidify

Thank you all for the interest! I'll be sending all of you invites to the Discord here soon and I will hopefully have the character sheet finished by tomorrow. if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask! Don't be shy!

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze My thoughts were that I would open it up under the circumstance that there was a lot of interest, as it would open up more slots for roleplayers to fill. However, if you have something in mind, or you'd like to plot something specific, feel free to shoot me a message on here or on the Discord once you receive an invite and we can see what we can work out

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze XpurpleXfire XpurpleXfire Shagranoz Shagranoz ThatGummyKnows ThatGummyKnows SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow coeur coeur Feyrie Feyrie Ayama Ayama Danidify Danidify

Thank you all for the interest! I'll be sending all of you invites to the Discord here soon and I will hopefully have the character sheet finished by tomorrow. if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask! Don't be shy!

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze My thoughts were that I would open it up under the circumstance that there was a lot of interest, as it would open up more slots for roleplayers to fill. However, if you have something in mind, or you'd like to plot something specific, feel free to shoot me a message on here or on the Discord once you receive an invite and we can see what we can work out
I'll hit you up on discord

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 If you had specific questions about the plot you could message me? I didn't post too much concerning the story in this interest check bc I don't want to give too much away for potential players.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 If you had specific questions about the plot you could message me? I didn't post too much concerning the story in this interest check bc I don't want to give too much away for potential players.
just looked at my line up... would rather not bother you now.. since im a little to back up with rps atm and id rather leave a spot open for someone with time

have a good one hope it works well for ya :D

Bumping this up, this is still open! Grimoire holder slots are filling up but if I have enough interest and applications are doing well then Iโ€™ll be opening up Witch Hunter slots!

Bumping this up, this is still open! Grimoire holder slots are filling up but if I have enough interest and applications are doing well then Iโ€™ll be opening up Witch Hunter slots!
im interested~!

Hi hello, I'm interested in this really interesting plot! I'm cool with either a witch hunter or Grimoire holder as well (if there are still spots available).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back