• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gone Against Gods - RPN's New Long-Term Crossover! (probably)

TruthHurts_22

Funtimes Salesman
Sentience begets fickleness.
Be it humans or androids or talking fish, anything that think can become bored. Indifferent. Wanting for more.
And when that sentience comes with unending power and unfathomable reach...
More than a few get caught in the crossfire.

~ ~ ~
Hello, welcome, please take a seat. This is going to be a long one.

To put it simply, Gone Against Gods is my try at making a big, interconnected crossover roleplay. There will be multiple threads under the same banner, each one offering a different experience, some more or some less connected to the ones that came before it, but all involving similar themes that I plan to include. Fun for the whole family!

But try not to get too excited too quickly, here. Because this isn't an interest check for the first thread in the GAG saga or whatever you want to call it. This is an interest check for GAG, period.

Why is that difference important? Because I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I've tried to get RPs off the ground before, failed, tried, failed. It's a whole thing. I don't want my impulsiveness to get the better of me this time, though, so this thread is to garner a following for the idea, refine it before I actually start working on it, and more importantly, attract collaborators & Co-GMs. People willing to listen to what I have to say and to help maintain and organize things as they happen. Y'know, things Co-GMs do and stuff.

So if at the end of this big spiel you have an interest in where this goes, pop a message in the thread and I'll keep you informed! And if it's such a tantalizing offer and you want to volunteer to help run it, send a PM and we'll work things out. I dunno why I'm saying all this, all of you definitely know to do this already, but... I like being wordy.

Now, onto the actual good stuff.

The Gist
Gone Against Gods, both as a roleplay and as a big whole thingy that I need to find a name for, will be about, well, Gods. Powerful, ancient gods, the kind that have made not just the universe, but dozens of universes. They're too esoteric to be recognized, too omnipresent to maintain any followers, their names never even etched into stone. And by Them, they're bored. With every solar system and every dust mite occurring as they have seen it happen, the Gods of everything are in a rut. That is, until they strike upon the amazing idea of cross contamination.

And that is what GAG will be about. Characters from different canon media toyed with like dolls in a vast toybox owned by omnipotent brats. The names will change, the settings will be different, and the genres will fluctuate, but this is the backbone of every RP under GAG's name.

And in an effort to keep things varied and fresh, every thread will have its own thing to set it apart from others. It won't just be "your characters are in a weird place, do X" - there will always be something new happening. Various heroes and villains pit against each other in gladiatorial combat? Everyone playing a different fictional detective? An extradimensional reality show? The sky's the limit and by golly do I want to hit it. For better or for worse.

The Deets
So then, this is all nice and dandy, but what about the nitty gritty details of how it's all going to work? Well... I don't quite have those yet. I know, I know, kinda dumb to be spewing all this nonsense out without a plan on how to use any of it. Like I said before, I don't really know how to pull this off myself, which is why I need people to help make this a reality. One that is not full of dumb ideas that don't work, and instead, full of good ideas that do! So, for the time being, the actual details for how the various connected threads will work is a big question mark.

Some things I can tell you, though: for one, when is it starting? Obviously, with Christmas almost on us, I doubt we'll be able to make the first true thread for a couple of weeks. If everything goes smoothly, and giving myself a bit of leeway, I would love to get the ball rolling sometime in late January, early February at the latest. That might be too long, I'm not good with time, but if it ends up working out earlier, then that's just good for everyone!

Also, to get this out of the way now: I want this to be purely a canon crossover. Some threads might bend the rules on it, but by and large, the characters people can join as will have to come from a canon course. OCs are out of the picture. Unless, uh, somebody manages to change my mind. Won't put it past me to second guess myself down the line.

Boy, this whole thing's pretty wishy-washy, huh? Not to worry, though! I promise to become less wishy and less washy as everything starts to come into place. Most details are still pretty tentative, and subject to change.

The End
Welp, that's... that. Hopefully the sorta slapdash nature of this and the gaps in, y'know, most things doesn't deter anybody from this! I have many ideas in mind for this, and good confidence in it being a success once it gets finetuned! As always, hope you have a great day regardless of how you feel about this IC, and a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

This is definitely interesting to me. I'm actually new but I'd love to get involved in this...thingy! Just to make sure I understand though, is the idea of this to have people writing for, let's say Iron Man, and they can then interact with another fandom character, like Harry Potter? Or whoever. Or is this more focused on the Gods themselves?

Good luck on this idea, OP! Grab some people you can plot stuff out with and run wild with the whole thing!

This is definitely interesting to me. I'm actually new but I'd love to get involved in this...thingy! Just to make sure I understand though, is the idea of this to have people writing for, let's say Iron Man, and they can then interact with another fandom character, like Harry Potter? Or whoever. Or is this more focused on the Gods themselves?
Yup, just like that! The players won't be playing the Gods of GAG, but pre-established fictional characters interacting with each other and whatever-the-heck stuff they're forced into doing.

This is a very interesting concept right ‘ere.., guess it’s time to become LEDGE-ndary and throw my hat into the ring

This sounds so interesting! I’d be down for the long run, and I would want to help in any way I can! But what fandoms would you most be wanting? Like Harry Potter, Merlin, SPN, etc? Or animated like Mob Psycho 100, HXH, Parasyte, etc?

This sounds so interesting! I’d be down for the long run, and I would want to help in any way I can! But what fandoms would you most be wanting? Like Harry Potter, Merlin, SPN, etc? Or animated like Mob Psycho 100, HXH, Parasyte, etc?
Any and all! Live Action, Animated, vidya games, books. Whatever characters people wanna play as. Of course, there might be limits depending on the nature of the different threads, but generally you're open to play as whoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back