• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy GoH - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Birdsie Birdsie I apologize fully. I am new to rp forums and I had no intention of ruining the rp. I just don't know where to start or how to start.
If you look under the page counter, you'll see the Character area. Go there and fill out the Character Sheet. Once I see it and deem it satisfactory, I will give it a Like as a sign of accepting it into the RP. After that, you can post.

The post you wrote, by itself, was of good quality, though.

Alright, there's an issue. The details, or rather, lack of thereof. Let's go through your character together and write everything down as we go, shall we?

BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Sir Tybalt
Aliases: Tybalt the Honorable
Race: Human
Class: Knight

Everything in the "Basic Information" section is acceptable. Problems begin in the "Personal" section. There are several issues, which I will go through, one by one.

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Normal
High Concept: Stoic, not afraid to get in a fight,
Character Alignment: Lawful good
Organizations\Affiliations: Affiliated with no one
Personality: One of the most bravest men in the world. Does not care for sexual desires. THE ONLY THING THIS MAN LIVES FOR IS FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS! He is overly risky in fights and will fight for the good of others, no matter the cost or what he is up against.

Backstory: At a young age he was taught good morals by his father, trained to wield a sword as well as a shield, His father trained him to be a soldier but when he realized that the problems weren't on the border they were inside this kingdom he set out to purge the land of evil as a self proclaimed knight.

Pretty sure that depending on your worldview, there are tens of sexualities that can be considered normal. What I was expecting was something along the lines of "Heterosexual," or "Bisexual," or "Homosexual." Hell, writing in: "Straight," or "Gay," would be fine.

The High Concept isn't really as much a High Concept, as it is a summary of his personality. Try something like: "Knight aspiring to be the bravest of them all."

Character Alignment is acceptable, and so are organizations.

Personality is... curt, too short. While I wanted players to stay on-topic and relevance, if your character's behavioral quirks can be easily described in four sentences and require no further analysis, it's not as much of a character, as it is a third-stage dummy.

Backstory could use a bit more detail too. Who was his father? A knight? A nobleman? Why didn't he join the Guild at the first occasion he had, seeing it has the same goal as him?

PHYSICAL
Appearance
:
30177-jpg.450802

Weapons & Armor: He uses a simple sword and shield along with heavy armor.
Items & Personal Belongings: He carries what he fights with, no more no less.
Skills & Abilities: Has fighting abilities that almost no man has reached before.
Spells & Magic: Tybalt the Honorable has never had magic skills due to him thinking it is dishonorable.
Weaknesses: He wears heavy armor which slows him down. He can at most jog since his armor weighs him down. He thinks magic does not need true skill and that the way of the sword is better.

Almost everything in the "Physical" section is fine, except for two things.

If he only carries what he fights with, how does he survive? Where does he get rations for the road? Does he have no money? No horse? No clothing for when its cold? You very explicitly said "no more, no less" so I take it literally.

The next issue is that "Has fighting abilities that almost no man has reached before" is extremely vague. Can you give some examples? How much can he lift? How fast can he run? What sorts of opponents, magical beasts or creatures can he beat that one would say this about him?

Other than those issues, everything about the CS is fine.

Pending.

Birdsie Birdsie So I must fix it?
Yes.

Hey, listen. I'm really happy that you're interested in joining the RP. Please, if I sounded harsh in my analysis, forgive me. I'm aware you're a new player, and these things can be really, really annoying. Everyone here was in your shoes once upon a time, and we're all aware that it really sucks to have your sheet judged this way, but trust me that everyone in the RP is more than ready to welcome you.

I wasn't lying when I said your post in IC was of high quality. The CS just needs a few tweaks, then you can jump in.

Pure Calcium Pure Calcium Firstly, just gonna say I'm not the GM, but I saw you posted another CS and I can't say I personally see any difference between the two. As just a friendly suggestion, take a look at the accepted characters and see how they've broken down the information in the character sheet. Maybe take a look at a good 'ol DnD equipment and items sheet like this one; D&D Beyond for things to put into your character's 'inventory.'

Skills and Abilities would also be something you can look into DnD for. Is your character a brute? What weapons or fighting styles is the proficient with? Swords, shield, axes? What skills does he have outside of combat? Is he one to play chess and does so quite well? Perhaps he is a very good dancer? How is his alcohol tolerance (if he drinks)?

You don't need to create a very expansive list, but with...
His bravery as well as strength is above average and when he fails to protect someone he goes into a fury, doubling his strength.

It's very basic and doesn't express his skills really beyond his strength. Is that all he has in the end, just strength alone?

If he uses a weapon, state it as an item. Then also list the proficiency with the weapon under the skills. ;3

Fable Fable
Pure Calcium Pure Calcium Firstly, just gonna say I'm not the GM, but I saw you posted another CS and I can't say I personally see any difference between the two. As just a friendly suggestion, take a look at the accepted characters and see how they've broken down the information in the character sheet. Maybe take a look at a good 'ol DnD equipment and items sheet like this one; D&D Beyond for things to put into your character's 'inventory.'

Skills and Abilities would also be something you can look into DnD for. Is your character a brute? What weapons or fighting styles is the proficient with? Swords, shield, axes? What skills does he have outside of combat? Is he one to play chess and does so quite well? Perhaps he is a very good dancer? How is his alcohol tolerance (if he drinks)?

You don't need to create a very expansive list, but with...

It's very basic and doesn't express his skills really beyond his strength. Is that all he has in the end, just strength alone?

If he uses a weapon, state it as an item. Then also list the proficiency with the weapon under the skills. ;3

Fair enough.

Birdsie Birdsie I believe my sheet is fixed so I shall enter the rp, I apologize for my actions. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT But I cannot wait any longer. This is my fault for being impatient but I shall only post an opening message and not dwell too deep into the rp.

Birdsie Birdsie I believe my sheet is fixed so I shall enter the rp, I apologize for my actions. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT But I cannot wait any longer. This is my fault for being impatient but I shall only post an opening message and not dwell too deep into the rp.
Please don't D: We want you to join us, but Birsdie lives in another country and is probably asleep. Please just be patient. X3

Last edited:

Hold your horses there buddy!
Ya gotta wait for Birdsie Birdsie to accept the CS first before you jump in! And that may take some time cause he's asleep.

Listen I know you're excited to jump in but you can't act on your impatience and start posting even if it's an opening post. First off it's frowned upon here in this Rp forum to jump in without having your character accepted, that's a big Nono and many GMs do not take kindly to that.

2nd thing to note is that you don't have to post your CS multiple times for edits, you can edit them by clicking the edit button at the bottom of the post and that's where you can change whatever, just know you have to press save changes in order for your edits to save.

3rd is to be patient when dealing with being accepted by the GM, don't be too impatient and demand an answer, often that path does not end well for you.

Just giving you friendly advice.
Pure Calcium Pure Calcium

Archdemon Archdemon I have deleted my new post and I am aware that it needs to be reviewed but you must understand my impatience, I have been trying to get in since yesterday trying to find the CS page and this morning spending 40 minutes on a CS sheet but then having it turned down which I understood so later in the afternoon once I was done errands I immediately got onto my new character sheet and I finished it but it looked like I made two so I deleted one and I thought that the other one was deleted as well only to have it on another page so I restarted it and I went to the right page only to see two of my CS's and I figured out I did not need to do another one so I deleted one and now I have been waiting for 5 hours (Not blaming Birdsie).

AGAIN THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON BIRDSIE!

Overall I have spent about 7-8 hours trying to get into this roleplay forum.

Archdemon Archdemon I know that it is frowned upon and I did not demand an answer.

No one is accusing you. I understand your frustration, it has happened to me far too many times.

Sorry if what I said came off wrong.

Just trying to help you get used to how things work, it's better to be teached than to figure things out on your own. Now I can help you out in terms of what to do and how the site works and how to do a CS properly, it's not the best but it's far from the worst and I'm only here to help. I can send a Pm of you want to discuss this more privately and to not spam the OOC.

Archdemon Archdemon I have deleted my new post and I am aware that it needs to be reviewed but you must understand my impatience, I have been trying to get in since yesterday trying to find the CS page and this morning spending 40 minutes on a CS sheet but then having it turned down which I understood so later in the afternoon once I was done errands I immediately got onto my new character sheet and I finished it but it looked like I made two so I deleted one and I thought that the other one was deleted as well only to have it on another page so I restarted it and I went to the right page only to see two of my CS's and I figured out I did not need to do another one so I deleted one and now I have been waiting for 5 hours (Not blaming Birdsie).

Archdemon Archdemon I know that it is frowned upon and I did not demand an answer.
It can take time to get into an established RP because of various factors, like living in different timezones is a big one. I'm sure Birdsie likes your eagerness to join, but patience is kinda a requirement for forum-based RPs. We all understand the time and effort it takes to make a character sheet, and with you being new to the community it's a bit of a learn-on-the-run kinda trial, but you shouldn't stress too much about getting into the RP as quickly as possible. Heck, I spend hours on a character sheet... but I also use BBCode to make it overly fancy which eats up a ton of time. X3 Just, don't feel you need to rush, your character can jump in at any time once Birdsie reviews and accepts your character.

Nothing crazy story wise is going on right now exactly, just our characters getting some interaction time after a battle and preparing for the next arc.

As it has already been said, if you want help, we are willing to help you and show you the general way the site works. I'm a moderator here and I always suggest reading the FAQ because it covers quite a bit of information behind how the site is organized and functions. The community here is fairly friendly and open to answering questions from new members, as are the site staff like myself.

While you wait for Birdsie to (wake up and) get on (whenever that will be) and review your newest CS, explore the site and see if any other RPs catch your eye, or even create your own RP search. :3

Don't worry about the pm thing. You have to have like 20-25 posts before you can pm. I find that weird but that's the system and how it works around here.
It's 10+ posts and 24hr after account creation. Spammers man, the spammers. -twitch-

I don't mean to be a prick but why is 50% of the people on this thread pansexual, bisexual or asexual? I am not criticizing anyone's roleplay. I just want to know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back