• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Kai smiled smugly, and put his hand on Jaxon's arm. "Hush, we should be silent for the auction."

"Okay," Aaron said impassively. He really could not make himself seem to care either way.

Azlyn looked at Morena and glared. "Excuse you, I'm not dependent on him at all. And if I am, it is in no way that stifles my magic. And if I'm distracted, it's because I'm thinking of ten ways I would prefer to learn what you claim to teach me." She wouldn't let Morena insult Mathias. Sure, Azlyn would admit she was a bit dependent on him, but it didn't affect her magic, right? Without another word, she walked out the door and headed to the cafeteria, where Mathias was waiting.

"You're too good, I wanna raise a fuss," Jax says and slides his hand to lace with Kai's.

Leo narrows his eyes. "I'll punch you."

Mathias looks over as she comes, smiles, then frowns when he realizes something's up. "What's wrong?" He asks and meets her halfway, gently sliding his hands around her waist.

"Afterwards, darling," Kai said softly.

"Please don't," Aaron said with a tired smile.

Azlyn smiled and gave him a hug. "Nothing. Morena didn't want to let me leave, she was saying how you're a distraction to me,and that I haven't progressed because I'm dependent on you, oh, and that I'm pathetic. As I left, I threw some strong words at her." She paused for a few moments. "Maybe I can get Jackie to fire her."

Jax smiles and watches the auction, actually bidding on some art pieces, but a couple times when he gets outbid, Kai fidgets because he thought the art was pretty and would make good decoration. Jax starts paying attention to Kai out of the corner of his eye and bids whenever Kai's eyes light up or his posture straightens even microscopically. Jax uses this method to win every single art or furniture piece that Kai seems interested in, but he doesn't say anything about that to Kai.

"I will," Leo very softly punches Aaron in the stomach, then goes to Aaron's closet to grab a t shirt to change into.

Mathias frowns, some sort of wave of rage running through his body for an instant. "Yes. Tell her Morena is upsetting you. Talk to Aaron, too."

Kai looked over at Jax at the end of the auction, then said, "What, are you Aaron now, with mind reading powers? All of those pieces you chose are amazing."

"Rude," Aaron said jokingly as he changed into his own training clothes.

Azlyn looked up at him, having instinctually known he'd get a bit upset, even if he would hide it. She said, "Well, I won't bother Aaron right now, he can't do anything. I do need a tutor, but... I just don't think she's very effective."

Jax smiles innocently at Kai. "I guess I have good taste," he says.

Leo heads to the gym with Aaron, immediately going to the elliptical to work on cardio.

"Don't go anymore. She can't force you to train with her," Mathias says.

Kai looked at Jax suspiciously, then said, "Indeed you do...."

Aaron wasn't sure what to do, so he got onto another elliptical next to Leo and went at a walking pace, not feeling up to anything more.

"Exactly. After lunch, I'm gonna go see Jackie and tell her I refuse to work with Morena anymore." Azlyn said. It was disappointing - she had hoped to find someone to relate to, and to learn something new, but this was not what she had expected.

Jax smiles and watches the auction finish up, then tells the people running it to just put his stuff to the side.

Mathias nods in approval. "I really like that idea, she's been making you nothing but miserable."

Kai kissed Jaxon's cheek, and ignored the scoff coming from one older woman.

"Yeah. Anyway, let's get lunch, then I can go." Their lunch was quick and pleasant, then Azlyn headed toward Jackie's office.

“You hungry?” Jax asks.

Jackie is sitting in her office, eating some lunch. “Oh hi Azlyn, everything okay?” She was rather surprised to see Azlyn there.

"Yeah," Kai said quickly. He hoped Jax wouldn't tell at anyone for giving Kai glances, so he wanted to keep Jax's focus.

"No, not really," Azlyn said quietly. "To be blunt, please fire Morena. She is rude and generally unhelpful."

Jax holds Kai’s hand and gets up to go to the buffet type tables, giving Kai a plate to fill.

Jackie looks surprised. “Unfortunately I’m not the one in charge of hiring and firing, but I’ll make sure to tell Aaron. Did something happen, or you just don’t like her?”

Kai shamelessly piled his plate high with food, and got water to go with it, since he didn't want to be drunk and hed already had one strong drink.

"Well, I didn't like her at first because she doesnt really teach me anything, and shes stupid strict, but then today I was going to leave to get lunch with Mathias and she demanded that I not go, and she started saying how he was a distraction, how I depended on him and that's why my hands are still like this - you know, not the fact that someone took a sledgehammer to them. And she called me pathetic and all this other stuff so I told her the truth, that Mathias encourages me, and if I seemed distracted, it was because her teaching was useless," she explained.

Jax gets some sparkling wine and a lot of food, then goes to sit at a table with Kai and nobody else.

Jackie looks surprised. “Okay. I’ll see if I can speak with her, and I’ll send Aaron a message so we can talk about this. Thank you for telling me that you’re upset.”

"Being antisocial in your own party?" Kai chuckled.

"Yeah, thanks for listening. She really isn't a god tutor at all. I'm gonna train hand to hand with Mathias in the mean time." Azlyn left and went right to training with Mathias. Jackie and Morena showed up a half an hour later, and Azlyn looked at Jackie questioningly.

“Always,” Jax says shamelessly with a smirk and starts eating.

“Azlyn, Morena and I spoke a bit and I think she has something to say to you,” Jackie says and looks at Morena, who appears genuine as she says, “I apologize for getting out of line earlier. It really was uncalled for and I’m sorry I spoke to you like that. During our next session, I’ll let you pick what we work on. Anything you want, I’ll help you with.”

Jackie smiles, satisfied. “I really think you should give Morena another chance,” she says.

Kai playfully stole some food off of Jacob's plate every once in a while.

Azlyn looked between Morena and Jackie a few times, then said to Morena, "Okay. But if you go back on anything you just said, it's over."

Jax catches Kai’s wrist after the fourth time. “Excuse me, There’s a buffet for a reason,” Jax says, lifting Kais wrist to kiss his knuckles.

“That’s perfectly fair,” Morena says, nodding.

Kai smiled and said, "True. Thank you, my dear prince."

"Good. We can start again tomorrow, then," Azlyn said.

The very next day, Azlyn was back to training with Morena. She got to choose the topic of focus, this being shields, and worked with a few different techniques. She was still exhausted by the time they were done, but she was content and rather looking forward to the next day's training.

"Gotcha," Kai chuckled, then stole another piece of food.

Aaron went to the medical bay when he knew Kenzie was working. He found her and said, "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for my behavior the other day. That I lied to you, and then I think I scared you when Leo - yeah. Sorry."

Azlyn nodded. "Much. Thank you, ma'am." Morena was starting to earn Azlyn' respect back, but it didn't mean much so far.

Jax smacks Kai’s hand. “Hey!” He says.

Kenzie shakes her head. “No it’s okay, it’s not your fault, it’s the drugs.”

“You’re welcome. I’m going to get some coffee, if you want to join me?” She asks.

"Sorry, I just want attention," Kai said with a laugh.

"It's not okay but it was definitely the drugs. Speaking of, do you know anything about weaning off of this? It's painful," Aaron said.

Azlyn was still wary of Morena, but she said, "Sure, I have some time. Though, if you're going off base, I can't go with."

“You always do. That’s why you strive to look out of place,” Jax says.

“Umm..” Kenzie thinks a bit, then goes to a shelf and picks out two medicines. She turns back to Aaron and holds them out. “You can try one of these. They’re non-addictive and should help your withdrawal,” she says.

“No, I was just going to go to the staff room,” she says, though none of the heroes (except Jax, of course) were ever aware there was a specific staff room. Morena assumed that and wanted to use that to make Azlyn feel annoyed by it.

"No, actually. And I meant I want your attention. I look the way I do because I like it and I wear it well." Kai was confident in the way he looked, and didn't care who knew.

"Oh my god, thank you so much," he said. "You're a life saver, Kenzie. But don't tell Leo, okay? He doesn't want me on any medicines at all."

"Oh, we have one? Cool, lead the way," Azlyn said. She didn't much care that Morena knew something she didn't. After all, if the metahumans had their own space in the compound, everyone else had to too, right? Then again, did the other metahumans know about it....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back