• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

“Fine, I won’t push it. But the offer is always open if you change your mind,” he says gently and becomes visible again. “I’m leaving for real now,” he says and heads to the door.

Jaxon was hosting a large event at a formal ballroom. A number of investors, potential investors, and even competitors were there. Since he got easily bored at these events, he chose to bring Kai as his plus one. Jax, being the host, had had to be there very early, so he told Kai to not bother arriving until it had officially started. When Jax got a text from Kai, he went to the doors to walk Kai in.

Kai was very happy to be received, as he felt rather out of his element, especially since he was in a tux. He whispered to Jaxon, "Is this thing on right?" He didn't want to embarrass Jax.

Aaron was pacing his room. Every few seconds, he'd itch the back of his neck, or his arm, or his head. He couldn't stop moving at all. His withdrawal was awful.

Jackie and Aaron had worked with Azlyn to find an older mage who could tutor her a bit. While she believed she didn't need it, because it really wouldn't help with the witch, she figured it might help her practice gesture-less casting. The new mage would not fight, and insisted she would only train Azlyn. She also insisted that they had to be alone. The first day of her new training, Azlyn arrived wearing her gauntlets Jax gave her, which her tutor, Morena, did not like. The first day after practice, Azlyn had gone right to Mathias's room and flopped on the bed in exhaustion, so he was rather worried for her. The next day, it was right back to that same intense training, which to Azlyn didn't seem very useful. She was reading and translating texts, then practicing a few shields and throwing magic at Morena, who would block it, and that was about it. There wasn't the training in focus or new magics like she had expected.

Jax laughs. “Yes, it’s fine. You look great,” Jax says and looks Kai up and down. “Really good, actually. Come in,” Jax says and moves aside to let Kai in.

Leo comes into Aaron’s room. “Hey baby~” Leo hums.

Mathias was sitting on the bed and looks over at Azlyn. “Uhh... hey. Everything okay?” He asks.

Kai walked in and looked around. "Wow, there's so many people. Like a concert, but way less fun," he chuckled.

"Hi," Aaron said quickly and didn't look at Leo.

"Tired," Azlyn mumbled into the pillows. She curled up on her side. "Morena seems wise and all, but I don't know, she's strict. I don't think magic should be strict, mom always said it was part of nature, and should be flowing and chaotic a nature tends to be. But whatever."

Jax laughs. “That’s very, very true and very sad. But it’s for a good cause so don’t complain. Go grab a drink, I’ll meet up with you in a minute after I greet some more people,” Jax says. His hand was on the small of Kais back.

“What’s up?” Leo asks and walks over to Aaron, hugging him so he stops pacing.

“Have you tried telling her that? Or asking to do something different?” Mathias asks and brushes her hair out of her face.

Kai smiled and nodded. He had fihlgured he wouldnt be by Jaxon for the whole night, it just wasnt practical. So he went and got himself a drink from the bar.

Aaron hugged him back for a few seconds, then pulled away so he could keep fidgeting. "Withdrawal. Bad."

Azlyn smiled when he pushed his hair out of her face. "I've mentioned different techniques but she kind of insinuated we would get to those eventually. And when I said that I found a different form of training more efficient, she just had me do it her way longer and harder. But it's only the second day."

The bartender that Jax hired looks Kai up and down, then serves him whatever drink he ordered. Some people around the bar area look at Kai with surprise, not thinking someone so severely pierced and tattooed would be at such a fancy event.

Leo pouts. “Hmm... how can I distract you? Or turn your twitches and fidgets into positive ones?” Leo asks slyly and tilts his head, hoping Aaron catches his drift.

“That’s true, don’t be disappointed yet. You have time,” Mathias assured her. “And if you still don’t like her weeks from now, Aaron can get rid of her.” That is, if he’s sane by then.

Kai was used to getting weird looks,so he didn't even notice them, he just waited for Jaxon to get back to him.

Aaron looked at him for a few seconds, then shook his head. "No, Leo, I don't want to use you as a distraction, then every time it gets bad I'll want to... Well, uh, bother you. I'm not going to do that."

"Yeah," Azlyn said with a sigh. She took his hand in both of hers and slowly smiled. "Remember when my hands were still healing, and all I wanted was to hold your hand? Now here we are...."

A few minutes later, Jax comes over to Kai and sits next to him. “Is your drink any good?” Jax asks, wanting to know if he hired a good bartender.

“But I want you to use me. Yeah, it’ll get bad, but then it’ll get better and you won’t need to use me anymore,” Leo says.

Mathias smiles. “You got through that and get to hold my hand any time you want.”

Kai nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty good. You really went all out for this event."

Aaron hesitated, then pulled Leo in for another hug. "No, Leo, I don't want to risk ever looking at you like that. I don't want to use you. You aren't just a distraction, I love you."

"Exactly. If I can get through that... I can probably get through this, too."

“I had to, I’m trying to reinvent myself. Needa start off on a great note,” Jax says.

“I love you too. So let me help you,” Leo says and pulls Aaron in for a kiss.

“Of course. There’s no doubt, you’re strong enough to power through this, love,” Mathias says and strokes her hair.

"Well it certainly seems to be going well," Kai said.

Aaron returned the kiss, but had to force himself away from Leo. "Really, Leo, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Thank you," Azlyn hummed. She closed her eyes and savored the sensation. "As long as I get to come back to cuddle with you every night, I can deal with Morena and this new training."

“Yeah, but the people here are so uppity. It pisses me off,” Jax says.

Leo sighs and nods. “Okay, Fine,” He says, but he doesn’t think Aaron pacing around and thinking about his withdrawal will help anything, so he goes right back to hugging him.

“I’m glad I can be your safe haven,” he says quietly.

"Yeah, well, they don't need to act nice when they're this rich," Kai said with a smirk.

Aaron smiled and hugged Leo tightly. "Thank you."

Azlyn felt her heart melt at his words, and the tone in which he said it. He was right, after all, and really they were each other's safe havens. "Thank you for that. I love you."

Last edited:
“That’s true. Maybe I should act like a douche too,” Jax says.

“But like, you should take your pants off. For me,” Leo half-jokes.

“You’re welcome. I love you too, darling.” He says and kisses her head.

"Please don't, then I can't like you anymore," Kai chuckled. "We've got a nice prince and pauper thing going, don't ruin it."

"Leo, hush," Aaron said with a sigh. "Maybe there's something what works to take the edge off? Like a different medicine."

Azlyn smiled. Then softly said, "You won't mind if I fall asleep early tonight, right? I mean like, right now?"

“I don’t like being called a prince but that’s fine,” he says with a laugh. Someone comes up and greets Jax, so he has to chat with them.

“No no, absolutely no more medicine of any kind,” Leo says sternly.

“I don’t mind. Go ahead and sleep,” He says gently.

Kai watched Jax go, and stood there sipping his drink and checking his phone.

"Okay," Aaron answered without any argument.

Azlyn smiled and quickly fell asleep. The next morning, she was back to working with Morena. When lunch time came, she stood up and headed for the door. "I'll be back after lunch, I told Mathias I would have lunch with him today." Morena did not like that.

People whispered about Kai, saying things like, "Why is he here? He doesn't look very charitable" and "You're kidding, there's no way Jax let him in here, much less was with him" and "Why would Jax invite someone like that?"

Leo pouts. "I miss my non-addicted boyfriend~ hurry up and get better."

"Who told you that was okay? You don't need distractions. Stay here and eat lunch with me. All Mathias does is distract you, you'll come back here without a work ethic later. Stay," Morena practically demands.

Kai heard them and rolled his eyes, then focused back on his phone. He didn't care, Jax evidently wanted him there, and that was what mattered, right?

"I swear to God, I am trying," Aaron said with a sigh.

Azlyn looked at Morena for a few seconds in surprise. "But it's just lunch, ma'am, I mean since we take a break anyway. he doesn't distract me, he encourages me." She hoped that last part would help.

After a good twenty minutes without Jax, something starts on the stage in the event room they were in. Jax was announcing an auction in which all of the proceeds are going to a charity. As everyone files to seats, a man passing by Kai says to him, "I think you're in the wrong place, the meeting for escaped convicts and hooligans is down the street." The man continues walking. The woman behind him says, "This is a charity event, you shouldn't be here."

"Let's go to the gym," Leo offers.

Morena shakes her head. "No such thing. You're staying here and that's final."

Kai, used to such comments and knowing that he wouldn't be kicked out, said to the man, "But with all the rich people, I thought the coke rehab meeting was here?" When the woman spoke he said, "But ma'am, don't you see, I'm a charity case. This is where I need to be." He liked taking their assumptions and running with them to the point of hilarious sarcasm. He took his seat toward the front, next to Jaxon's assigned chair.

"Okay," Aaron said half-heartedly.

Azlyn looked at Morena for a few moments, then said, "No, and you can't make me," and headed for the door.

They look extremely offended, and Jax comes to sit in his chair as the auction begins. He sees people staring at Kai in disgust or offense, and raises an eyebrow at them. "For such charitable, kind people, you sure are looking at my boyfriend with a lot of uncharacteristic hatred. I think you should stop before I get your old asses kicked out of here. Notice the younger investors and businessmen aren't glaring at him," Jax says, never having a filter even at a formal event.

Leo pouts at Aaron. "You'll sweat and feel better and then we can shower together and I'll feel better, too."

Morena scowls and almost uses her magic to keep the door shut, but doesn't want to raise alarm. "You haven't progressed because you depend on him. You're weak and trembling because you're distracted. It's pathetic. You're more powerful than this, and yet you let him stifle you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back