• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Mathias had walked into a police station, one where he was rather well-known, and slapped a flyer on the desk. The flyer had a contract to capture a drug dealer with a bounty on his head. In a rough, gravelly voice, Mathias said, "He's in Mercy Hospital, room 403, intensive care." The officer behind the desk simply nodded and held out a check and a note. "Straight from the feds. They asked that we attach that note, though. Nobody read it, like they asked. Probably another bounty." Curious, Mathias opened the note and read it once, twice, then smirked. They were offering money and potentially an unlimited supply of jobs - who would he be to deny?

Azlyn was doing her usual rounds, dispersing food from the food pantry as she was paid to do. Well, she was actually paid to help the financial department, but they typically sent her to help hand out food to the homeless, since she only worked twenty hours a week anyway. The walk that fall day had been particularly tiring, and as she returned to her small cubicle, she found a letter waiting for her... from the federal government? Interesting. She opened it and read it over a few times, then smiled. They offered her a far better pay than what she had now, and an opportunity to help people more than she already did. Why would she ever deny?

Early October

Mathias walked into a warehouse slowly; he was careful to survey everywhere in case it was a trap. A table and five chairs sat in the center of the warehouse, and as he'd expected, he was the first to arrive. He wore a brown longsleeve shirt, worn black jeans, and steel-toed work boots. The warehouse was old, worn-down, and seemed abandoned from the outside, but inside was surprisingly clean and the electricity seemed to be running just fine. Assuming there was no trap, he walked to the table and sat down, putting his boots up on the edge of the table in a rather territorial act, though he wasn't conscious that that was what it was - it was just instinct to him.

Azlyn arrived five minutes later and slowly walked into the building. She wore a grey longsleeve shirt, dark blue jeans, boots, and a sleeveless leather jacket that appeared very worn. The letter had told them to wore their "hero" attire, so she did. Her jacket helped her focus her healing ability and provided some minor protection. Seeing Mathias made her rather hesitant, but she held her head high and approached the table with ease. If nothing else, she'd show him that she wasn't scared, so she took the seat next to him. Before she could say anything, the next person arrived.

Jaxon was sitting in his home, finishing up his latest project and tying up loose ends. Just as he started trying his new suit on, the room started to speak. "The mail is here, Mr. Sayer." Jax looked up at the screen in the top corner of the room. "Thanks, Ellia." Jax said. "You're welcome, Mr. Sayer," the feminine voice replied. He reminded himself to change his name to Jaxon in the program. Jax took off the suit without even trying it out and goes to the mailbox just outside of his door. He flipped through the mail and found a letter from the government. After reading it over, Jax goes back inside and tells Ellia to remind him of a certain date and time.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." Leo says goodbye to his coworkers and heads off to clock out. When he gets to the wall with time cards, he sees a note behind his. He takes out the note and reads it. The mention of money interested him but only for a moment. The government wanted to use him? No, that wouldn't fly. Part of him thought this was some kind of weird joke pulled on him. The other part was paranoid the government found out he was different. So, Leo rips up the note, throws it out, clocks out, and goes home.

Early October

Jaxon's shoes click and echo through the warehouse. He comes to two people sitting there, staring at him. "Wow, didn't know we'd be having a party. I would've brought champagne," Jax says. He is dressed in dress shoes, dress pants, a black t shirt, and a jacket that was a cross between a plain bomber and armor. A bomber made out of silver metal. He sees two more empty chairs and sits next to the woman.

Mathias took careful stock of both Azlyn and Jaxon. The girl, he figured, had to be some kind of long-distance fighter, she wasn't big enough to be close-combat. And the other guy? Mathias felt fairly sure he could throw him across the warehouse with ease. Jaxon looked too rich - where his merit lie, therefore, Mathias didn't know, nor did he care. To him, it seemed like he would have to take the initiative in the fights for the most part.

Azlyn looked over at Jaxon and took stock of him. He seemed like a well-off guy, looking at his clothes and his casual confidence. The other man seemed much more... rough. A different kind of confident. Whether he was just quiet or didn't like company, she didn't know, and she didn't want to break the silence. Luckily, she didn't have to.

Aarons Harvey, a federal agent with an interesting task. To gather a group of meta-humans, mostly, to form a team. He walked into the warehouse about a minute after Jaxon, and was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone had arrived before him; even the bounty hunter. He cleared his throat and said, "Welcome, gentleman, and lady. Your letter explained what we're here for. However, one of our number hasn't arrived. He may need some convincing. Therefore, our first mission is to retrieve him... starting now."

Mathias actually laughed, thoigh it was a joyless laugh. "You could have just commissioned me before. Unless he spits acid or something, I'd have merely retrieved him myself."

Aaron looks at Mathias. "The point isn't to just grab the man. The point now is to see how well you guys can accomplish a task together. I'm leaving everything up to you, I'll just be waiting here for your return. I'll get a van to take you all to his workplace. In the meantime, introduce yourselves." Aaron takes out his phone and types something in.

Jaxon looks around at the others. Seemed like he'd have to be the first one to speak. "Well, looks like we don't really have any other choice but to go on this mission thing. I'm Jaxon Sayer, president of Ode Tech." He pats the metal sleeve on his arm. "This is my suit. It helps me fly. Plus do other stuff," Jax smirks.

Mathias looked Jaxon over and still couldn't help but think how much easier it would be for him to do it himself. Now they needed introductions? Ridiculous. "I'm Mathias. Bounty hunter." They didn't need to know his abilities - if they wanted to know, they could ask nicely.

Azlyn was slightly impressed by Jaxon armor, and interested in Mathias's abilities that he didn't mention. But if the guy didn't want to talk, she wouldn't make him. "I'm Azlyn. I'm a healer." She also knew some parkour and hand-to-hand, but she wouldn't brag. Not when a guy twice her size sat next to her.

Jaxon nods and looks up at Aaron just as he says something.

"Follow me," Aaron says. The three follow him out of the warehouse and into the bright outside. A large car drives up soon after. "Get into that car, it'll take you where you need to go. The conditions include no violence, no destruction of property, and try not to make a big scene."

"What kind of person is this that you're giving us these rules? Are they stubborn or something?" Jaxon asks.

"That's part of it. He also carries a gun in his left boot. And his aim is very, very good. So again, try not to make a big scene." Aaron gives Jaxon an emotionless smile. "Off you go."

Mathias did not want to get into that damn car. He wanted to get into his truck and do the job on his own. But if this was required for him to get pay.... well, he could sit next to the girl and not the fancy robot-boy, at least. He got into the car first, so he was on the far side.

Azlyn followed Mathias into the car. She didn't quite know what to make of their new job, but so far, she didn't like it. The most she could do was try to talk to this target of theirs....

The group gets driven half an hour out to an area by a factory with a bunch of trailer offices. The car stops in the parking lot of the area. "Boss said he's in trailer A3," the driver says, sounding bored.

Jax raises an eyebrow and presses something on his jacket that makes it look just shiny and black instead of obnoxiously silver. It looked more normal. Jax is the first one to get out of the car because he's closest to where they had to go. "I'm not ready to get shot by some sorry middle-aged guy working in a bunch of trailers," Jax says, already making judgements.

Mathias was going to make a quip about Jaxon being a spoiled brat, but Azlyn cut in before he could.

"Guys," she said, "Now that we're away from them, do you realize our job? We're basically kidnapping a guy who would have been one of us but decided for his own reasons not to join. What would they have done if we hadn't joined? Did we even really have a choice?"

Mathias looked at Azlyn in silence. She was actually right in a way, and he didn't like being bossed around, so perhaps that fed back at the warehouse needed a stern... talking to.

"I don't think it was an option from the get-go. I think this country's military is getting desperate and wants to outdo its enemies. And if we refuse to help, we become the enemies." Jax crosses his arms. Now that he was thinking about it, he didn't really like the sound of it either. "Let's just get this guy and bitch out the fed later."

Mathias was surprised to find himself agreeing with Jaxon. "We will indeed bitch out the fed later. For this moment, though...." Mathis walked into one of the trailers. He was looking for anyone with a boot tall or wide enough to hold a gun, and someone with a walking pattern that would indicate that. And low and behold, there was the young man, looking at him when nobody else was. He knew he was in trouble.

Azlyn walked in after Mathias to make sure he didn't accidentally kill their target.

Leo cursed everything for having to work alone today of all days. Why did he have to get ambushed while he was alone? Were these people here to collect debt? No, they were too mismatched for that. He'd better play it off. "Can I help you?" He asks with a charming smile. "You're not actually supposed to be in here, you know."

Jaxon figured he'd let Mathias take the lead.

"Yeah, you got a letter a while back. So did we. We're here to bring you back with us," Mathias said in no uncertain terms or tones. Hopefully he could just intimidate this one.... worst came to worst, there was a healer at his side, anyway.

Azlyn stepped in and said, "Hi, look, we don't need any trouble, but we're supposed to bring you back with us and everything can probably be sorted out from there, okay? We're all like you."

Leo goes tense. His face drops and turns serious. "Look, I don't want anything to do with the government. I'm not going to become a pet of theirs. I'm normal, I have a normal life and a normal job. Please, just leave me alone," Leo says. He almost sounds desperate.

Mathias opened his mouth to say something, but Azlyn stepped in between the two men and said, "I don't blame you for that, okay? Nobody here does. But we have to bring you back with us - if we walk away then they'll pester us too, and to deal with that alone is worse than as a group."

Mathias didn't want to admit it, but he agreed with the girl - they needed to talk to the fed guy, and as a group would be best. Maybe she was valuable as more than a healer.....

"Well, you have a group. Don't worry about me and just go back. They can't do anything bad to you guys if you're valuable. Blame everything on me, I don't care, but I don't want a part of this... group," Leo says. He shifts his left leg, ready to grab his gun if they try to take him by force.

Mathias moved forward to grab Leo, but Azlyn stepped in front of him and put her hand on his arm, then said to Leo, "Look, just please, come with us, and help us sort this out. Nobody has to know what you are. Otherwise we'll just have to come here again eventually. I promise we can get you out of it afterwards."

Mathias looked down at Azlyn for a few seconds, but stayed silent. He didn't think that her words would help anyone, but he would let her try. She had guts to try to stop him, after all.

Leo sets his jaw. He really doesn't want to go, but is getting irritated by the pestering. He sneers at Azlyn and reaches for his gun quickly, then points it at her. "I don't want to shoot, but I will. Leave. Me. Alone."

Mathias reacted and reached out to grab the gun and twist Leo's wrist so the gun was pointed up and away, and also couldn't move. Azlyn had showed her power for the first time, and summoned up a quick golden shield between herself and Leo. Seeing that Mathias had the gun, she backed off.

Still holding Leo's hand and the gun in it, Mathias moved to where Azlyn stood. "I can break your fucking wrist right now. Let go of the gun."

Almost immediately, Leo drops the gun. His face is expressionless, but his eyes have a hint of fear in them.

Jax finally speaks up. "Just grab him and lets go. You're wasting time trying to reason with a kid who doesn't want to be reasoned with." Jax moves to open the door for the group, expecting the frozen Leo to be carried out.

Azlyn quickly grabbed the gun and kept it in her hand. She wouldn't risk someone else getting hold of it.

Mathias growled and quietly said, "You can either walk out with us, or I will knock you out and carry you. Do not tempt me."

Last edited:
"Carry him out. We don't have time for this, we need to figure our what the hell that government guy is planning," Jax says.

Leo doesn't budge, making it evident that he'd have to either be forced out or he won't go at all.

Mathias punched Leo quick and hard, with enough force to knock most men he'd met out cold. He caught Leo and threw him over his shoulder. "Well let's go. He's gonna wake in about five minutes."

Leo's endurance and recovery time is above average. This is another reason he is a valuable item. Thus, within ten seconds, Leo is awake again. He tries pushing out of Mathias' arms but is not strong enough to break the iron grip.

"Five minutes? The kid's already up and we're not even to the car yet," Jax says, rather amazed that he recovered from that hit so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back