• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Leo skillfully shoots at the moving targets. They get increasingly more difficult to hit because they start darting around, but Leo is still hitting them perfectly in the center.

Jaxon, bored with his task, starts doing flips and tricks in his metal suit while dodging incoming attacks... until one of them hits his metal arm. He gets irritated and starts blasting the debris into ashes as they fly towards him.

Mathias suddenly stopped, holding half of a robot in each hand. Where had the enemies gone? He'd had some left.... Slowly he looked around. There was nothing left for him to fight. On one hand, he felt disappointed, and on the other, he was a bit distressed by the fact that he'd honed in on fighting and the enjoyment of it so much that he had completely lost track of his enemy.

Azlyn let the sword dissipate and sighed heavily. While that was one of her favorite weapons to summon, it took its toll on her body. Hopefully, the trainer wouldn't be too rough with her.

When everyone finishes the first trial, their trainers meet them individually and go into their rooms.

The trainers begin teaching them defensive moves, that seeming to be the focus for all four of them. Aaron paces around, watching the rooms and finding himself lingering by one. He watches the person in there bob and weave so skillfully that it's mesmerizing. However, when eye contact is made, Aaron quickly returns to walking past.

Mathias was doing very well with the defensive moves for hand-to-hand. He blocked punches, causally leanes away from attacks, and side-stepped any attempts at a tackle. But when it comes to dodging or blocking kicks, he began to struggle. He wasn't used to fighting people skilled in hand-to-hand, who could do more than just fight in a blind frenzy of panicked punches. Repeatedly, he would focus on the punches being thrown his way, and miss blocking a kick. Finally at one point he blocked a punch with his right hand, and dropped the shield from his forearm to his hand in a quick movement and held it low to block a kick. His trainer stood up straight and grinned. "Well, even if you're using tools, it's a start," he said. Mathias nodded and looked at the shield. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to keep around.

Azlyn's trainer's problem was keeping up with her. With every block, Azlyn would step back progressively, forcing her trainer to move with her. Azlyn was just too jumpy to hold still, but at least she was fast. There was no real strategy to her defense, just "Move before you get hit"

Azlyn's trainer throws a rapid one-two punch that Azlyn just barely blocks it. The trainer steps out for a second and calls in one of the extra trainers. The two both start attacking Azlyn, and her moving fast isn't enough anymore. The trainer stops and explains to Azlyn that it would be better to bob and weave, not jump out of the way no matter how effective it would be half the time.

Leo dodges every punch that comes to him. He's even able to push the trainer back with his forearm block a few times. The flaw in Leo's fighting was that he didn't give himself enough room to attack back if it was needed.

Jaxon is too tall and inexperienced to defend many lower body attacks, so his trainer has him practice blocking low.

Azlyn slowly dissipated the shield she'd summoned around herself. "I'm afraid it's difficult to break habits, but I'm willing to learn."

Mathias and his trainer agreed to take a short break and left the room. Mathias walked around and looked in on the others. He noted that Leo was fantastic dodging, but probably lacked hand-to-hand fighting skills. Jaxon, well, practice made perfect. The girl, though, Azlyn, she was definitely trying not to flinch too badly., he had to give her credit for that. Amused, he watched her working until his trainer returned and they went back to the room.

After around three hours with only short water breaks, Aaron stops the session. Everyone leaves their rooms. "Alright, I think that's enough for right now. You all must be tired. Go take a short rest and there will be lunch served in the cafeteria upstairs. It's not hard to find," Aaron is assertive, and even though there were many complaints about how long they were in there, all of them were ignored.

As they walked upstairs, Mathias casually said to Azlyn, "I saw you dodging. They'll have to put rocks in your shoes to make you hold still," he said with a chuckle. His voice was low and gravelly, but rather friendly. "Not that it's a bad thing, of course. Flinching is a good thing, if you're looking at evolution. And you being a magic girl and all, well, hopefully it will never come down to hand-to-hand."

Azlyn looked up at him and smiled kindly. "Hopefully you're right. I'm not too much of a hand-to-hand, I can either run away or take the offensive, not much in between."

"That's still a good skill to have. If the four of us really become a team after all this, you'll be an awesome asset," Mathias says.

As Leo leaves the large room and passes Aaron, he says, "I saw you staring at me. Don't do that again, it's weird." Then walks out and up the stairs to the cafeteria.

"Well, my long-range stuff is what's good, and that's about it besides my healing skills," Azlyn said lightly, like it was all no big deal.

Aaron opened his mouth to reply, but decided against it, seeing as how Leo had already left.

"Well that's one hell of a skill, little lady. You can keep us in good condition and still keep yourself safe. Don't act like it's nothing," Mathias says.

Leo and Jaxon walk into the cafeteria together and head straight for the food. Leo grabs as much as he can fit on his plate and immediately goes to eat as if he hadn't eaten a good meal in months. Which was almost true.

Azlyn shrugged. "From what I've read, it's really not. I'm a minor mage - hell, I'm not even a mage, I'm just a caster really. Just from the level one practice I'm exhausted. I'll need some sugar water just to keep putting up shields at this rate." She shook her head. "What about you? Super strength, speed, durability, you can probably just bulldoze through enemies." Azlyn looked at the selection of foods and just takes a wrap, a cookie, and gets a glass of tea and many, many packets of sugar to pour into it.

Mathias takes a decently sized lunch consisting of mostly meat and a tiny side of mashed potatoes. He sits with Azlyn. He smirks at her comment. "Well, I could in theory, but apparently that's not enough. I have to take into account whether or not they're skilled in hand to hand combat. My old work never trained me for that."

Jaxon and Leo sit together but don't talk much. Leo is busy scarfing down his food and Jaxon is eating slowly but also trying to adjust something on his suit's wrist receiver.

Azlyn nodded. "Also have to figure that they could be like us - well, me. Ranged powers and the like." She looked over at the other table and quietly said, "I don't even know what Leo can do - I didn't watch him during the training.

Mathias glances over at Leo. "I heard gunshots, I assumed that was him. I was too busy focusing on my training. I wonder how good he can shoot... I saw him doing defense moves, though, and he's good at it. But it's obvious he's not as skilled in hand to hand combat, at least with professionals."

Azlyn shrugged. "Seemed not too many of us were. At one point I just put a shield and covered my head." Slowly, she began the meticulous job of carefully ripping off a little bit of a sugar packet, pouring all the sugar into her drink for every single packet, then folding each of the many packets into little origami frogs that jumped when pressed down.

"Well, you gotta use what you have." Mathias pauses. "Why are you folding them?" He asks, thinking it's a complete waste of time.

Azlyn looked from the frogs up to him. "Because why not? They only take a second, and I like them. Especially since I could cast magic on them to make them jump in their own if I wanted. Not that I will, I've burned too much mana." She stirred the tea some more, then took a sip, and found it satisfactorily sweet. "If taking a few seconds makes someone happy, then why not?"

"That's a good way to look at things." He was curious what the frogs would look like all jumping around at once, but kept quiet.

Within a week, Aaron called them all into a plain room with the table of weapons to the side. "There is no doubt that there's been improvement among all of you. However, there no chance that you are all ready - but we have no choice. Our intelligence has led us to believe that there is a street gang led by a meta-human, and they recently got ahold of a lot of highly illegal drugs. We need to get those before they're distributed, and remove anyone we can in the process. I'll be going with you to help."

Jaxon raises an eyebrow. He didn't even think Aaron had any training for fighting. He always dressed like some high-up man who just made orders. Besides, he doesn't even have any powers. "You are going to help us? How?"

"You're not even any kind of superhuman," Leo adds. Evidently some of the group was a bit skeptical. However, Aaron took note that Leo finally accepted himself as being superhuman.

Mathias stays quiet, already thinking of all the ways they'll have to protect Aaron during the mission.

Aaron looked over the men, then said nonchalantly, "I can hold my own. And remember, Jaxon has no physical power either. Just listen to what I say as we go through this and we should all survive."

Azlyn main thought was how much she would have to heal people - and how she would deflect bullets. Her shields weren't strong enough to deflect bullets, she was not powerful enough....

Jaxon figures he wouldn't mind much if Aaron got hurt and disappeared, so he doesn't push it.

"Okay... so when are we going? Now?" Jaxon asks.

Aaron nodded. "Ten minutes, meet in the warehouse. You may use what you like from the tools you've been practicing with. You're also all provided with bulletproof vests and helmets if you want them."

Azlyn sighed with relief. She would most certainly be taking the vest and helmet.

Everyone disperses and grabs equipment. Everyone except Jaxon grabs vests and helmets, then meets in the warehouse.

Leo two guns strapped to his hips, two on his thigh, and ammunition on his hips too. He wasn't planning on being underprepared.

Jaxon has on his trusty armor jacket and nothing else.

Mathias brought a shield and had some knives strapped to his body.

Aaron is in there first, having only 2 guns strapped to his body. He has daggers, too. He has on only a short sleeve black t shirt under his bulletproof vest. He opts out of the helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back