• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

"Well just give me a minute," Mathias grumbled. He got Leo to the car with ease and shoved him in,and climbed in after him, then pulled him into a tight grip again.

Leo groans and tries to smack Mathias away. "I'm already in here. I won't be jumping out of the car, so don't touch me." He was irritated but figured he could talk his way out of anything later.

Mathias growled and said, "I don't trust you," But he let Leo go anyway.

Azlyn climbed into the car and said, "I can make a shield if he tries to run. But it really is best if you come with us peacefully."

Leo doesn't reply, biting his tongue so something offensive doesn't slip out. Eventually, they get back to the building they started in and go back inside. The government agent from before is standing there, waiting for them.

"I see you were successful," Aaron says.

"Yeah, but now we're curious. He said no and you sent us to fetch him. What if any of us had said no?" Mathias asked roughly. He felt rather like the spokesman of the group, in honesty. Especially since he was the one who had taken the risks in capturing Leo. Jaxon had just stayed in the background. And Azlyn, well, at least she had helped minorly.

Azlyn stood towards the back with her arms crossed. Maybe there was a good explanation? She hoped there was.

"Well, I know enough about you all to predict who will say yes or no. Let's just put it that way. But if by some chance you had said no, our men would have come to... convince you otherwise." Aaron sits down in a chair in the warehouse-like area. "But you're all here now, just like we thought. I assume you want an explanation for why you were all brought together in the first place?"

"What do you mean, you know enough about us? How fucking long have you been stalking us?" Mathias raised his voice slightly - the thought of having been stalked and basically manipulated agitated him greatly. He wasn't one to connect with people, so it wasn't like anyone was really at risk for associating with him, but he still didn't like the idea. However, if he killed this guy now, he'd lose out on a constant, decent stream of income....

Azlyn said for the others, before Mathias could continue, "Yes, that would be nice."

Aaron turns to Azlyn, not wanting to deal with Miles whining. "I'm sure you've all heard about the series of criminal acts done by a handful of people around the country. The government wants to stop these superhuman criminals as effectively as possible. Of course, it's not easy for us normal humans. That's where you guys come in." Aaron stands up. "Each of you has an above average ability to do unique things. So much so that you, too, are superhumans. I'm sure you catch my drift by now."

Aaron looks over and motions for some people who were standing in the shadows to come over. They do. "These kind people will be putting you through training courses for the next few weeks, so you can better your skills."

"No. No, I'm not doing this," Leo suddenly butts in. Aaron looks at him. "I'm not superhuman and I'm sure as hell not some hero who takes down bad guys."

Mathias growled at the approaching people. He didn't need help, he wanted to get out, preferably before they knew of his flame ability. He was starting to feel like he was being used as a bit of a tool, but then again, hadn't he always been a tool for someone? He turned in bounties for the cops, and he had been used for some damned experiment years and years before. Why not be a tool for a bit longer?

Azlyn looked over at Leo and softly said, "Maybe we can figure this out." To Aaron she said, "Why is he here? You must have figured he'd say no."

"Well, Leo here is very talented. Very valuable. We can't let him keep working in those run down trailers. We couldn't let him stick with his 'no' answer." Aaron shows some sign of emotion for the first time. He smiles a sickeningly sweet smile. "His endurance is incomparable, and his healing time would make him perfect for reconnoissance and being at the head of a group. His shooting is on point, too."

Leo furrows his eyebrows. How the hell did he know all of that? Leo has been suppressing those abilities for years. He doesn't even know what to say.

Aaron speaks again, now straight faced. "Now will you stop lying to everyone? Because we all know what you're capable of. Unless you want us to demonstrate."

Leo snarls. He lost. "Shut the hell up."

Azlyn quietly said, "Leo, surely this is a shock and all, but it's only all of us who know - and you know we're like you, so what are we going to do, tell everyone? It's okay - you can use your ability for good and make some decent pay." Ever the mediator, she just wanted him to not be upset.

Leo doesn't say anything. He doesn't want to admit defeat.

"Alright, so we all know the deal now. Will we be able to go home tonight?" Jaxon asks, crossing his arms.

"No. Not until your training is over. There are clothes and necessities in the building we're taking you to. If you need any belongings from home, you can request someone to drive you to get them," Aaron says.

"What about our jobs?" Leo asks, sounded defeated still from earlier.

Aaron looks at Leo. "We already sent out letters saying none of you will be able to return to work."

Leo pales. The pay from the government better be a decent enough amount to cover his rent and car payments...

Mathias didn't like the idea of being kept like a rat in a cage, being taught tricks or the like. Maybe if he proved that he knew what he was doing, he would be allowed out early. The very thought of not being free made him agitated.

Azlyn stayed quiet. She hoped the letter from the FBI was good enough for her job - she felt bad for suddenly, and rather unwittingly, leaving them.

Jaxon shakes his head. "No, that's not going to work for me. I own a company. You damn well better let me keep it." It was his turn to be annoyed.

Aaron looks at Jax. "Since you're a special case and you need your technology to do what you do, we wrote that you'd be on a temporary leave. Your assistant should be able to handle things for a little while. She seems trustworthy."

Jaxon relaxes a bit, though he's still stressed.

Mathias grunted, "This is basically what I did before, anyway. I won't complain." Now, the trainers, them he might complain about.

Azlyn just stood back and watched everyone. Knowing this information now might come in handy later - who they were, what they did, how they acted.

"Good. Then, anyone want to go get belongings from home? If not I'll show you to your rooms," Aaron says.

Leo didn't have any belongings he'd care to pick up, so he just sheepishly shakes his head.

"I wouldn't mind going home for a minute," Jax says. He left most of his equipment there anyway.

"I've got quite a bit in my apartment," Azlyn spoke up. Some of it was sentimental, and some was her magic equipment. While she was wearing her jacket and pendants, there was more than she didn't have with her.

"I need to stop by my apartment too," Mathias said. He had a number of weapons there that ought to be with him if they were training.

"Alright. I'll get the three of you separate drivers." Aaron says, then looks at Leo.

Leo, forever frowning, says, "Just take me to the rooms you have here."

Leo orders three drivers to guide Jax, Mathias, and Azlyn out of the warehouse. He personally guides Leo through a door in the warehouse into a brightly lit, white lobby area. They go up the elevator and down a hallway, stopping at the end. Aaron hands Leo keys and opens the door to a very large suite with a whole glass wall looking out onto the city.

Mathias simply picked up two hatchets, some brass knuckles, boot knives, monkey fists, batons, and a pistol, then went back to the warehouse.

Azlyn picked up a blue masquerade mask, her fighting staff, some books, and left. She returned about the time Mathias did, and waited with him to be shown to their rooms.

After everyone had been shown to their rooms, they individually got dinner and went to bed because they had nothing better to do. In the morning, everyone was woken up by one of their trainers barging into their rooms.

"Rise and shine, robot boy." Jaxon's trainer sets down a tray of breakfast on his bed.

Jaxon groans tiredly and rolls over in bed, which causes him to literally be pulled up into a sitting position. "Eat," the trainer demands.

Jaxon, intimidated by the muscular man in his room, raises an eyebrow and begins to eat.

Everyone gets woken up in a similar fashion. Each of the four is provided food and a uniform, is shown to a bathroom, and is lead down to a training facility.

Mathias had woken at the sound of his door opening, and had pulled a fighting knife out from under his pillow. The trainer had to thoroughly explain why he was there before he was allowed into the room - his having a tray of food helped. Good food, too, bacon being the highlight. Mathias was terribly fond of meat, and he was even capable of eating it raw, though he didn't like to. The uniform, though, Mathias wasn't willing to wear. To be nice he went as far as trying the shirt, but it was simply too restrictive for him, a sensation he couldn't stand. Anything restraining or in any way caging, he couldn't stand it. It upset him deep down, almost until he was scared, but he never showed it. He ripped the shirt up and put on a black T-shirt, the uniform pants, and his boots. His belt of weapons went with hit, and the knives in his boots.

Azlyn's trainer had planned on waking her up in a rough manner, yelling and dragging her out of bed if needed, but she found Azlyn so amiable and accommodating that she couldn't help but be kind to her. After a pleasant breakfast, the two women walked down to meet the others, though Azlyn insisted on being allowed to at least bring her jacket with her, for the safety of everyone, she explained. The trainer permitted it.

Leo, surprisingly, went calmly. He ate his whole breakfast, not being able to remember the last time he even ate breakfast. He had brought no equipment with him but his trainer assured him there would be guns.

Jax followed his trainer in silence. Despite being taller than the trainer, he was no match for the trainers muscles.

In the facility, Aaron was waiting with a few guards and two more trainers. Aaron was dressed in a gray button up with black dress pants and leather dress shoes. He never looked unclean or unprofessional. He stood with his arms crossed and greeted everyone as they came in. "Good morning, everyone. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Sadly, we don't have much time to chit chat. We have to start right away." Aaron uncrossed his arms and walks to the side, revealing a long stainless steel table with guns, swords, shields, and various technologies and things on it. "I have four programs set up in the four rooms on your right. You are not to go in anyone else's room, only your own, but you're welcome to watch the others." He motions to the four glass chambers with doors on them. There are four more chambers on the left wall, but since Aaron didn't mention them they seemed unimportant.

Mathias looked at the table for a few seconds, then approached and took a round shield. He chuckled and said, "A bit old-fashioned for me, but it being the first day, why not try something crazy?" He was typically completely offensive, not defensive, in his fighting style, but the shield was just silly enough, and yet functional enough, he figured he could try it. However, he didn't like surprises, so he decided to wait on the magic girl to see what would happen in her chamber - would she just spar with the trainer, or was it truly a program?

Azlyn's grey eyes danced over the weapons on the table, then looked at her trainer. "I think since it's the first day, I ought to just work with my actual power, if that's okay. If so, then I'm ready for whatever."

The trainer nods. "Then you can step into the chamber with your name on it. I'll join you as soon as you complete the first tier program."

Azlyn's program is designed for magic users. Her goal was to destroy the source of magic as it comes to her. Of course, the magic only mimics real magic. The fire balls are just orange clouds of smoke made to look realistic. There are metal arms moving and letting out bursts of "fire" and "lightning," etc.

Leo's program is a little bit more basic. His bulletproof glass room has a bunch of moving targets that he has to hit.

Jaxon is to go into his suit and dodge flying debris and magic up in the air. No attacking permitted.

Mathias is to take down dozens of robots coming at him. Weak robots, but offensive ones nonetheless.

Initially, Azlyn had rather panicked at the sight of the fireballs, but the lack of heat gave her some confidence, especially after she had quickly summoned a shield and the "fireball" had dissipated into smoke against it. How to defeat the thing...? She whispered, "claíomh dorcha," and what seemed like a sword made out of moving shadows appeared in her right hand. As the lighting and fire approached, she swung her sword and seemingly sent out shards of darkness, destroying the attacks. WIth the way clear for the moment, she sent the shards into the metal enemy, ripping it to shreds.

Mathias had watched the beginning of Azlyn's trial. Seeing the fire and lightning, he had stiffened and stared with wide eyes. They had started her off with something so lethal...? No, no, they were just smoke. What would they have for him? Once the entered his room and saw what it was, he grinned, and moved the shield up onto his forearm, took a fighting knife in one hand and a hatchet in his other, and charged. He moved between the enemies with surprising grace, cutting the joints expertly. The shield came in hands to deflect attacks while he dealt with multiple robots at a time. Robots were pleasant to fight - no blood, no screaming, no guilt. From enemy to enemy to enemy he moved quickly, and soon had dropped his weapons to work with his bare hands, ripping the robots apart. He was enjoying the fight a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back