• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

“Well that’s very true, and you always have my attention,” Jax says.

Kenzie nods. “My lips are sealed,” she says.

Morena’s smile wavers but she leads the way to the staff room that was more like a staff hall, in a restricted area of the compound. Morena gives Azlyn permission to go in there.

Kai said, "Will I have your attention later tonight?" He smirked.

Aaron thanked her again and went to his room and took the medicine as prescribed, then put it in his nightstand drawer.

Erik walked into the infirmary with a cut in his forearm. He said to Kenzie, "I figured you would want me here for this."

Kenzie immediately grabed his good arm and dragged him to a chair. "Yes, I would!"

Azlyn looked around. There were nurses, kitchen staff, and guards all on their breaks. The way that some of the guards and kitchen staff looked at her made Azlyn look away from them. She didn't blame them for not liking that she was around them. It made her uncomfortable being there where she evidently really wasnt wanted, but she tried not to show it. The nurses gave her kind smiles, and that was sonewhat reassuring.

Jax rolls his eyes. “Do you have no shame?” Jax asks, but he slides his hand over Kais thigh. “The short answer is yes.”

Leo is training at the gym and sends Aaron a text asking if he wants to shower with him or if he should stay sweaty and gross.

“Is it bad?” Erik asks, not really able to gauge the injury for himself.

Morena gets coffee for herself then waits for Azlyn to get some so thy could sit down.

"Fantastic," Kai said.

Aaron replied, "shower," and closed the nightstand drawer, hoping Leo wouldnt find the pills.

"Yes, it's pretty bad. You cut yourself pretty deeply here, and it isnt a good place to get cut." She looked at him for a few seconds, surprised by how calm he was. "How did you do this?" She asked as she got the bandaging and stitching materials.

Azlyn got coffee, then sat down at the table, a bit uncomfortabke because she felt like she could feel the glares of the non-metahumans there, even if most of them weren't actively glaring at her.

Jax chuckles. Some people say hello to Jax and Jax responds without standing to greet them or anything, keeping his hand on Kais thigh.

“Okay I’ll come to your room to shower” Leo responds and goes up to the room.

“I was practicing fighting knives and moved a little too fast.” Erik was evidently pretty clumsy.

“So how do you like your job here?” Morena asks.

Kai smiled and just watched the interactions, always focusing on Jaxon.

Aaron was waiting for Leo, and let him in when he got there. The new meds hadnt kicked in yet, so he was still feeling the withdrawal, as was evident from his fidgeting hands. "Hey there."

"Well you're very lucky you didn't hit something important!" Kenzie said. "This needs stitches. Do you want me to give you a shot to numb the area first?" She had a theory for why the pain didn't seem to bother him.

"It's good enough. I mean I wish I didn't have to fight, but it's a good cause, you know? I'm helpful in a way only I can be. And I like working with my friends." Azlyn was being mostly honest.

As the night comes to an end, Jax says goodbye to a lot of the guests and allows staff to start cleaning up.

Leo takes Aaron’s fidgeting hands and pecks his lips. “Hi handsome,” Leo hums.

Erik shakes his head. “That’s not necessary,” he says evenly, not even flinching when she starts disinfecting.

“You consider them your friends?” Morena muses, then adds, “What about that witch that supposedly lives inside you? Does she like this work?”

Kai put his arm around Jax's waist and said,"This was wonderful, thank you for having me."

Aaron smiled softly and said, "Hi love." He leaned down and kissed Leo's forehead.

"Do you not feel it?" Kenzie worked on cleaning it, then stitching it.

Azlyn froze. She knew that Morena knew about it, but didnt like talking about it. "I don't know. I don't think she likes it, but she doesn't like anything I do. She doesnt even like me. She likes hurting people, so I don't think she would like this at all."

“It was my pleasure, thank you for coming,” Jax says and kisses Kais head.

“How are you feeling?” Leo asks.

Erik shakes his head. “Not at all. I have no sense of pain in my arms.”

“I see,” she says evenly, sipping her coffee.

"Are you kidding? I got to see you, eat great food, and piss off rich people. It was great!"

"Really? That explains a bit. You'll have to be extra careful, because you could have an injury and not know it, or it can get infected and you wouldn't know. Do you know how you lost feeling in your arms, or why?"

Azlyn looked away, over at one of the nurses. She was uncomfortable now, for certain.

Jax laughs. “And you’re getting a bunch of cool free artwork,” he says.

“I think it was my powers fault. It was gradual. The more I used my arms, the less I felt. Frostbite, maybe?” Erik shrugs.

“Have you ever tried training with her?” Morena asks. “maybe we could try that.” She didn’t really understand how wild the witch was.

"What...?" Kai paused, then his eyes widened. "You got that stuff for me?!"

"Could be the repeated nerve damage from the cold, I suppose." Kenzie finished stitching him up, then wiped away the blood and put a thick gauze pad over the cut, then started bandaging the guaze in place. "Because of that, I'm gonna ask you to check in tomorrow, so I can make sure the stitches are nice and clean and not ripped."

Azlyn looked Morena dead in the eyes and said, completely deadpan, "No, and I never will. Last time the witch was out, she made me see the worst nightmares imaginable, took control, and nearly killed one of my friends. She murdered a random man in the street as she ran. She wants me dead, and has made it clear that she will stop at nothing to be the dominant personality in my body." Azlyn couldn't help but remember how the witch had said she would kill everyone Azlyn cared about, then once Az was mentally broken, there would be no competition. What she didn't know was that even the witch had some standards.

Jax nods. “Of course. Every single piece is for you,” Jax says and heads back to go see the art where it’s being held.

Erik nods. “Alright. I can do that,” he says.

Morenas ears perk slightly, she’s intrigued but it comes off as surprise. “That’s awful.” She had wanted to say “awesome” but figured that would dock her some likeness points.

Kai ran up and hugged Jaxon from behind. "Thank you! Thank you so much, oh my god, that's so much money, thank you!"

Kenzie smiled softly and said, "Thank you." With the bandaging finished, he was free to go.

"Mhm," Azlyn said as she drank more of her coffee. "So long story short, that's the main reason for the extra training with an actual tutor in magic. So I can get stronger and hopefully control the witch."

“You’re welcome,” Jax laughs. “It’s for two good causes, making you happy and charity donations,” he says.

“Thank you as well,” Erik says and gets up so he can leave.

“You think it’s possible to control her?” Morena asks, interested in the idea.

"That's so awesome of you, Oh my god, what do I do with this stuff now? Oh, my room at the compound can use a few of these, then my apartment, then, I don't know, maybe your room." Kai was overwhelmed and simultaneously delighted.

"Please be careful today so you don't rip the stitches," she said with evident care in her voice.

Azlyn thought for a second, then shook her head. "No. But keep her buried and locked away? Maybe. That's the hope, just to just not let her out so she has the chance to do anything."

Jax hugs Kai from behind. “You’re so cute. Do whatever you want with them, I’ll even buy you a separate apartment or art gallery for these if you want me to,” Jax says. “I’m always going to spoil you.”

“I will try,” Erik says, though he already knows he probably won’t notice if he rips any.

“I understand. That’s reasonable.” Why suppress power like that? It seemed insane to Morena in reality.

Kai tipped his head back so he could kiss Jaxon's cheek. "Thank you so much. I love you."

"Thank you," Kenzie said. Again she was thanking him for taking care of himself - she cared for the heroes that way, Erik more than any of them.

"Mhm." Azlyn sipped her coffee more. Because of what Morena had said before, Azlyn added, "Mathias helps keep me grounded. When it gets bad, when she gets loud, he helps me focus. He lets me hide in his room til I don't feel like a risk to the others, and the pain goes away."

Jax blushes slightly and says quietly, unsure of himself, “I love you too.”

Erik waves bye and leaves the medbay to get back to training.

“He helps suppress her?” That’s no good.

Kai smiled and turned aroumd to face Jaxon, and gave him a tender kiss.

"Yeah, he helps keep me as the dominant personality. She also physically cannot hurt him. Otherwise, I would not allow myself to be around him when it gets bad," Azlyn said.

Jax kisses him back and then suddenly dips him and continues kissing. “Alright, I’ll have these things taken to your apartment. Let’s go back to mine too,” he says.

“Why can’t she hurt him?” Morena asks.

Kai said, "You just leave all the waiters to clean?"

Azlyn nodded. She thought their relationship was quite a bit stronger than just dating, but Morena didn't need details like that.

“Of course. That’s their job, isn’t it?” Jax says as if it’s obvious.

All she thought was that it was inconvenient. “At least you have that.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back