• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

"Yeah, I just thought since you were the owner and all, you would have to stay," Kai said.

"Mhm." Azlyn finished her coffee, then said, "Tomorrow we work on shields again?"

“Nah, they’ve got it,” Jax says and opens the door for Kai. They get into the car.

“We can do that, yes,” Morena says.

"Okay. Back to your place, right?" Kai asked with a wink.

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow, then," Azlyn said as she stood up. She threw out her coffee cup, then went to her room to shower. It seemed to her like Morena understood her place better than previously.

"I was just going to show you a fun time,but if you want to think of it as payment, go ahead," Kai chuckled.

Over the next two weeks, Azlyn showed improvement in her shields and some of her casting. She rejoined the other heroes in group training, while also working with Morena for fewer hours. One day, the heroes were training, and Morena had just left. Mathias and Azlyn were working on hand to hand alone. When Morena walked into their room, Azlyn was a bit confused.

Morena had gone to a door with little security, and brought in a small horde of cultists. The illusion spells made it easy for them to get to the training rooms undetected. Once there, Morena had entered Mathias and Azlyn's training room and the illusion spells fell.

Immediately, Azlyn knew they would need backup, so she put up a shield around herself and Mathias and used a bit of telekinesis to hit the emergency button that was designed for if someone should get horribly injured in training. Alarms sounded in the neighboring training rooms.

Morena, naturally, had closed the door, and cast a spell to make it impossible to open. Knowing that damage to Azlyn's shields made her weaker, she and her followers started throwing spell after spell at her shields.

Azlyn cpuld only cast a few minor spells - any of her spells that would help wereimpossible to perform with her shield.

The other heroes heard the alarms and ran out of their rooms, noticing quickly that it was Azlyn’s room that was under attack. Aaron, being basically completely better from his withdrawal, immediately runs to the door but can’t get it open.

“Silvio! Get in there, open it from the inside if you can! Help them!” Aaron orders. Silvio doesn’t hesitate and turns invisible, but moments later they hear him say, “i can’t get through, they cast some kind of spell.”

Being in the hand-to-hand room, there really were no weapons available to them. A loud crack was heard, even from outside the room, and Azlyn fell to her knees in pain. With Mathias's help she got back up, and in a quick movement, she dissipated her shield, and used her dark sword spell to send shards of darkness into the group. However, Morena was practiced with dark magic, and dissipated most of the attack, though some of the cultists were hit. With all the dark magic being thrown around, Azlyn could feel herself weakening to the witch, and one eye became blue, but Azlyn was still a bit more in control.

Mathias stands in front of Azlyn and his hands get hot. “What is the meaning of this, Morena? I knew there was something wrong with you. Leave Azlyn alone and I won’t kill you,” Mathias says.

"My, won't that statement make this ironic," Morena said. She made a gesture, and the shadows in the room formed into a long spear, and shot forward, toward the center of Mathias's chest.

The witch had gotten control only a few seconds before the attack, and had caught the spear, then dissipated it. "What do you think you are doing?" She sounded bored and mildly annoyed as if she spoke to a child.

Morena said, "Getting rid of anything that would help Azlyn."

The witch hadnt noticed one of the other cultists cast the same attack from the side, so this time, she didn't catch the spear. When she heard it hit Mathias behind her, she turned to him and screamed at Morena, "How dare you?!" She caught Mathias and helped lower him to get ground. Unlike Azlyn, she could not do any healing. She looked horribly concerned and even scared for Mathias.

Mathias gasps for breath and clutches his chest as he stands up in front of Azlyn-or rather, the witch. He spreads his arms and his body starts flaming, touching Azlyn slightly.

One of the cultists shoots magic at Mathias again, hitting him in the stomach so he curls over, but he straightens up as much as he can and let’s out a yell as he channels fire at the cultists, who have no choice but to take the shields off the room and run out, most of them burning, some quickly dying. Mathias collapses and the flames go away from him as he looses blood.

Morena had put up a shield over herslef and a few of the other cultists. Morena scowled, and focused on the witch. "We came here to free you, yet clearly you side with him."

The witch was kneeling next to Mathias, and Morena cast a faniliar spell that made dark chains wrap around the witch. She growled, and with a word, the chains disappeared. Once again, one eye was blue and the other green, but this time both personalities were in sync. She put a shield up again, blocking the door, and summoned her dark sword. Any attack from Morena was instantly neutralized. When the cultists went to protect Morena, a mere gesture sent them writhing in agnoy and coughing up blood. Another gesture took Mathias's remaining flames, and made then into a wave that washed over them, finishing them off. When it was just Morena, the witch threw the whole sword, skewering her. With a word, the sword shattered, and the shards moved to all stab into Morena's body, killing her in seconds.

With the fight over, the witch knelt next to Mathias again and let the shield on the door go. "Get in here and help him!" She yelled at the heroes. The witch couldnt seem to find Azlyn's personality since their combined attacks. Thw witch thought to herself over and over, "He isn't dead. I want you gone, but not like this, come back and save him, please."

When she opened her eyes again, it was Azlyn, but she was drained, and immediately set to helping Mathias as much as she could with her magic. "He'll need a medic, I can't save him!" To Mathias, she softly said, "Please hold on, please don't leave me, I love you."

Mathias is gasping for any breath of air, and he looks at Azlyn. “I’m okay,” He croaks Out. Leo does absolutely nothing, standing on the side as some heroes run to get medics and the rest crowd around Mathias.

Azlyn looled up at the other heroes and said, "Give him space, please!" She had his head cradled in her lap and worked to heal him, but she had so little mana that very little happened. "Shh, don't strain yourself, please." Tears were already running down her face. Using her magic, she could feel him dying in her hands. "Just hold on." She could feel his blood pressure dripping lower and lower. He'd be dead before the medics got there. In the back of her mind, she heard the witch say, "Here." And suddenly she had just a little bit more mana, just enough to keep him alive until the medics showed up.

The medics rush in and immediately start working on him as they lift him into a cot, wheeling him to the hospital area. Leo can’t help but smile menacingly, rather happy that karma finally caught up to Azlyn. He hadn’t spoken to her since the incident with Aaron.

Azlyn got up to follow the medica, and saw Leo grinning. She looked at him in shock, then glared at him for a few seconds before running to catch up with the medics.

Leo goes back to training by himself for a bit, not bothering to follow the others to the medbay. Yeah, he liked Mathias, but all he felt was sheer satisfaction that Azlyn received what she induced.

All of the heroes were banned from following into the operating room, even Azlyn, who was wavering as she stood. But she refused to give up and argued that she might somehow be able to help. She still wasn't allowed in.

Kenzie came to speak to her and soothingly said, "Hey, he's gonna be okay, I promise, he's in good hands. You should rest so you have energy to heal him if needed."

Azlyn looked at Kenzie with big, scared eyes and nodded, allowing her to guide her to a medical bed, but Azlyn couldn't bring herself to lay down, she just sat on the edge of it.

Erik caught Aaron outside of the medical bay, and said, "What just happened? Is this like when you were hurt? I saw everything, it didn't seem like she did it."

“No, I don’t think it was her,” Aaron says. “Whoever was in that training room with them was with Morena. She must have had an ulterior motive when she was working with Azlyn. I’m positive Morena hurt him, and this was premeditated.”

Aaron hesitates because he knows how eager Erik is. “Yes. I’m sorry,” he says. He’s started to accept Erik more now. “If I can manage to get you and Silvio ready before Mathias heals, we may go earlier. But right now we have to wait until Mathias is healed.”

Erik nodded. "He's a big guy. I saw him keep going after he was skewered. He would be useful to have." He was trying to think of this tactically, but it was hard. This was one of the few times he showed any emotion.

“Yeah, it would.” Aaron sighs. “Just give it a couple weeks, okay? Kallon is the first thing on my list. And you’re safe here, I won’t let anyone leave the compound or give any clues as to where you might be until we attack them.” Save for Kai, who always had the freedom to leave if he needed.

Erik nodded. Kenzie walked past him and gave him a warm smile. He smiled just slightly, to be polite. To Aaron, he said, "Time to go clean up all the burned corpses, then?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back