• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

"It took a while," Kenzie said.
A few days later, Mathias woke up. Azlyn immediately calmed him, and the nurses came and undid most of the tubing and machinery, everything except for an IV. Azlyn felt tears running down her face. "It's okay now, I'm here," she said quietly.

Mathias stares at her, trying to forget that he’s momentarily confined to this small bed. “Okay,” He says hoarsely and reaches up to brush her tears away. “Don’t cry, love.”

It was nighttime, and Erik hadn’t been able to sleep for several weeks, and figured it wouldn’t be wrong of him to ask for sleeping pills now that he knew the nurses better. He heads to where the not busy nurses are and says, “Kenzie?” Quietly.

Azlyn smiled, then softly said, "They're tears of joy. The doctors weren't sure you'd pull through for a while there. But you did, and I couldn't be happier."

Kenzie immediatelylooked up from a patient report she was filling out, and smiled to him. "Yeah, what's up?"

“I’m not ready to leave you, I can’t die,” Mathias says and works hard to ignore the pain in his torso.

“Do you have any sleeping pills here?” He asks. “I didn’t mean to interrupt your work, I’m sorry.”

"You're sweet," Azlyn chuckled. She put her hand on his chest and used her minimal magic to ease his pain. "You should be able to get up and move around soon. I cant heal you much more than I have, but you shouldn't be stuck here long."

"No, you're not interrupting anything," Kenzie reassured him. "I can't give you anything prescription grade without a doctor's appointment. But I can give you weaker stuff if you can tell me your symptoms."

“I’ll be just fine, thank you for helping me,” Mathias says, tired from his super long nap.

“I think I have insomnia. I haven’t been sleeping more than a couple hours every night for weeks now,” Erik says.

"Don't thank me, it was my fault anyway. Then you just threw yourself in front of me... You shouldn't have," she said.

Kenzie nodded. "Okay. Now you don't have to answer these questions, but it can help me get you the best medicine for you. Have you always had difficulty sleeping?"

“I did what I had to do. I couldn’t bear seeing you get hurt,” he says quietly.

“Umm, Sometimes. It’s been an on and off thing for as long as I can remember,” Erik says.

Azlyn shook her head. "I would have been okay, love. But I don't want to argue." She leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Just relax, please."

"Okay. Do you have night terrors, or wake up frequently when you do sleep?"

Mathias nods. “Gladly,” He says

Erik frowned. These things were hitting somewhat close to home. “I wake up frequently, and have nightmares sometimes as of recently.”

Azlyn sat back down in her chair that was pulled up the his bedside, and crossed her arms on the bed. "If you want to sleep, you can, I'll still be here."

Kenzie nodded, then more gently asked, "Have you mentioned this to Jackie at all?"

“I don’t want to, I just slept for a long time,” He says.

Erik shakes his head. “I didn’t think it was important.”

Azlyn nodded. "Okay, we can talk or not talk or whatever you like," she said.

Kenzie nodded. "It is. I'll still give you something, though."

“I want to talk. Did the cultists go away?” Mathias asks. He didn’t care if they were dead or ran off, just that they were gone.

“Okay, thank you,” Erik says.

Azlyn said, "They died. You killed most of then, the witch got the rest." She wondered how well he remembered everything. Maybe he didn't recall the witch defending him, then getting upset when he was hurt.

Kenzie smiled slightly, then said, "Hey, you know that you can talk to me, right? If you don't want to talk to Jackie?"

“The witch... was she on our side?” Mathias asks, trying to remember.

Erik blinks at her. “Why would I do that? Isn’t Jackie the therapist?”

Azlyn nodded slowly.

"Yeah, but sometimes it's more comfortable to talk to a friend than a therapist." She made it clear in that statement that she considered then friends.

“Because of me?” Mathias asks. He figured it was good that she was on their side no matter the reason.

Erik finally shows an emotion- confusion. “I’m your friend? But that’s not... I can’t be.”

Azlyn nodded. "She has feelings for you. We spoke a bit since then, but she basically told me that as a reward for saving you, she would leave me alone for a bit."

"Why not?" Kenzie said innocently, secretly glad she broke his barriers even just slightly.

Mathias smiles slightly when he hears that. “That’s good. I’m glad.” He wasn’t sure about how he felt with the witch having feelings for him, but he was sure he was happy about her leaving Azlyn alone.

“Because I’m not a good person. Bad people cant be friends with good people,” Erik says.

Azlyn shrugged. "It's strange, but I'm nonetheless grateful to her. Without her, I would not have been able to handle Morena and the cultists. She somehow gave me more mana to heal you, also."

"I don't think you're a bad person, Erik, and the world isnt that black and-white," Kenzie said.

“Maybe she isn’t completely evil,” Mathias says.

“To me it is. Can I please have the pills?” Erik asks, getting uncomfortable and wanting to close off again.

Azlyn shrugged. "She's still pretty hellbent on getting rid of me and murdering everyone in the way of her getting power. But she really has very strong feelings for you. Probably because she's in my body, but.... It isn't a bad thing, I suppose."

Kenzie looked at him with pity. "Yes, you may. But they may not help you as well as you expect if you don't take care of yourself mentally as well." She turned to a cabinet and sorted through until she found a non-addictive sleep aid.

“I think it’s a very good thing. Especially if she can help you out like that because of it,” Mathias says.

“Okay,” Erik says simply and takes the bottle when it’s handed to him. “Thank you.”

"Well, I don't think she would be willing to help me if it werent for you being in danger. She still wants to be rid of me, she's made that abundantly clear. But shes useful. Maybe we can reach a compromise," Azlyn said.

"You're welcome. Just, please... My offer still stands, any time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back