• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
Gate

fantasy-art-black-holes-cgi-apocalyptic-wallpaper-preview.jpg
Synopsis: A role play inspired by Solo-Leveling. You do not have to have read the manhwa to participate for this RP is its own thing.

On 1 January 2021, the ball dropped and humanity was never the same. An immense portal opened in the sky that could be seen from anywhere around the world. A great blue light descended in a pillar and upon crashing into the Earth it sent out a wave of energy in all directions. The blue energy enveloped the entire planet and faded, and everyone thought nothing had happened until humanity started to demonstrate supernatural powers. Some human beings were stronger and sturdier than others. Some had the powers to manifest the elements. Some were quick and others had heightened senses. Many thought it was a miracle at first. Everyone’s secret dream to become super heroes had finally come true, but the true purpose behind the powers was not for humanity to be saved. The same portals as the Master Portal in the sky started to appear all over the world. No one dared to venture inside of them out of fear. The governments cordoned the vicinity around the portals to keep people from venturing within. After seven days, monsters came out and started to destroy the planet. It took all with powers granted by the Master Portal to fight back the monsters. Some monsters were on a level that many believed to be god-like. Others were as weak as insects. Similarly, there were some humans who had varying strengths and could go toe-to-toe with the god-like monsters, but never alone.

When the monsters were all slain, the portals vanished, but more later appeared. The governments started to create special units comprised of the strongest fighters to enter the portals and fight the threat head-on, but they learned through research that not all portals were the same. Some portals had stronger monsters than other portals. Time flowed differently inside them. A week inside the portal could be a mere three hours real time. Those who died in the portal could not be recovered unless their bodies were physically removed before the final boss was killed.

In order to make a profit, a new occupation was created called a Hunter. Hunters were registered and licensed in a planetary database and given a rank of E thru S based on their power level. In order to survive, Hunters had to create a party of at least ten members and venture inside a portal to beat the boss. Sometimes, there were valuable materials inside the portal that could be sold for real world money. Greed was often a killer. Some groups were formed to use the weak to fulfill an objective at their expense.

In the world of Gate only the strong survive and the weak are either abused or perish. You must level and grow stronger maybe not just for you, but for your loved ones. Whatever the reason, eat or be eaten; and discover the secrets of the portals.

GM Role: Welcome to Gate. My role as the GM is to play God. Not literally God, but I will be the mysterious force that gives your characters XP, titles, and even your roles as you go through the game. I will not have a player character in this game, but I will have NPCs as necessary. I give you rewards for completing dungeons and you can do whatever with those rewards and points. Tailor your character into a completely custom job class. If you plan to join this game, then your mind must be open to this mechanic. If you're not open to it, then this isn't the game for you.

Your Role: All players who join this game will be human. Your human wears everyday clothes just as you do IRL. While there is RPG-style armor, weapons, etc. in this game. They must be acquired from the portal. However, characters are allowed to start with a basic starting weapon. All players are E rank. You do not choose your class. The GM will give you a randomly generated job class. Do not be upset. This is because the Master Portal gave you this class starting out, but as you receive XP and points, you use those points to build your character into an ideal class that matches your style. At a certain point in the game, your character will receive a job change.

Your role is also to write with others and build on your story. The reason why the GM controls the gains is so that players aren’t senselessly grinding and not adding anything to the story. The GM decides when a portal opens. The GM runs the portal environment and grants each player unique items. Not all players may get the same thing. Some may receive items unique to them or resulting from their actions.

Portals: As already mentioned, the GM will open the portals. The portal rank may be higher than your character, and so it’ll take some strategy for you to decide if you want to go in with “x” amount of people. The more people you enter a portal with, the higher your chance of survival. Portals can only be closed if the portal boss or dungeon boss is defeated.

Loot: All enemies killed in the portal drop loot whether it be useful or rubbish. The loot uses the same rank as the Hunter rank system: E-S, where S is legendary. The GM will use a random generator to determine what player gets what, but don’t expect S-class items from an E rank monster. Can players steal loot from other players? Yes. Who has to deal with the consequences? Everyone IC. I don’t expect all characters to be good natured. Can players share or trade loot with other players? Yes, they can. Can players kill other player characters? Yes, but it must be brought up to the GM and both parties must agree to the death battle. This world is whatever you guys make of it. As long as you keep the drama IC, then I don’t care.

Setting: The primary location for our characters will be Seoul, Korea. It is different from the usual Japan themes prevalent on this site. If you don't know anything about Korean culture, welp, Google is right there. Your character can be from anywhere around the world. You just need to justify why they're in Korea.

Character Sheet:

Post your character sheet in this Interest Check. It keeps the Interest Check active, and it allows prospective players to see what kinds of characters are joining. Only finished and approved sheets will be allowed in the Character Thread.

Code:
[divide][/divide]
[Size=7][b]Basic Information[/b][/size]
[divide][/divide]
[b]Character Name:[/b] First and Last Name please.
[b]Nickname(s):[/b] If relevant. If you can't think of anything, then some may be given to you in game.
[b]Rank:[/b] E
[b]Age:[/b] 16-25
[b]Gender:
Height:[/b] Nothing below 5'0 and nothing above 6'4"
[b]Weight:[/b] Believable weight please.
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Can be any color. This is based on a webtoon.
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Any color. It's based on a webtoon.
[b]Aura Color and Appearance:[/b] Describe your character's aura.

[b]Occupation:[/b] This is a role your character has when not being a Hunter. This can be high school student, college student, grocer, work at a coffee shop, bartender, etc.
[b]Job Class:[/b] This will be given to you randomly by the GM. Remember, if you don't like the job class, then tailor your character toward the job class you want when you receive points.

[b]General Appearance:[/b] Describe what your character looks like that isn't presented in the imagery you choose. This goes into extra details such as accessories, tattoos, distinct scars, etc. Please don't give you character all of these things because you feel you have to. I would like for anime or digital art to be used for imagery of your character. You can put the pictures anywhere in this CS or jazz up this CS however you like.

[b]Personality:[/b] Write enough here so that it looks like you tried.

[b]Current Story:[/b] What is your character's occupation? What are they hoping to achieve? Do they have family members? Do they live alone? Do they have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Are they wanting a boyfriend/girlfriend?
[divide][/divide]
[SIZE=7][b]Equipment & Stats[/b][/SIZE]
[divide][/divide]
[b][u]Equipped[/u]

Weapon 1[/b]
[i]Weapon Name:[/i] Wait until you receive your job class from the GM.
[i]Type:
Rank:[/i] GM will randomize a weapon between E or C rank. Good luck. May the Dice Lords be with you.
[i]Material:[/i] Basically, what the weapon is comprised of.
[i]Bonus(es):[/i] This will depend on the class. You will get all of this information when the GM gives you job class and weapon rank.

[b]Weapon 2[/b]
[i]Weapon Name:[/i] Wait until you receive your job class from the GM. Your character may dual wield or have an off-handed weapon such as a dagger or shield. They may have a sword and a bow. You're allowed up to two weapons or a weapon and a shield.
[i]Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):[/i]

[b]Armor[/b]
[i]Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):[/i] Same as above. Wait for your job class and armor rank.

[b]Accessory 1:[/b]
[i]Description:[/i] You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
[i]Type:

[b]Accessory 2:[/b]
[i]Description:[/i] You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
[i]Type:

[b]Accessory 3:[/b]
[i]Type:

[b]Rank:[/b] E
[b]Title:
Level:[/b] 1/10
[b]HP:[/b] 50
[b]MP:[/b] 100
[b]Defense: 50
P. Attack: 50
M. Attack: 50
Accuracy:[/b] 1d100+(Your Agility Pts)

[b]Vitality:
Intelligence:
Strength:
Agility:
Sense:
Fatigue:[/b] 0/100
[b]XP:[/b] 0/10

[b]Skills[/b]
[i]GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character's perform can earn you skills.[/i]

[b]Magic[/b]
[i]Except for the magician class, all other classes must learn magic from cracking open rune stones that fall from powerful enemies.[/i]

[b]Inventory[/b]
[i]Keep a log of every item you acquire in the game including money. Gold can only be spent in the System Store. Some materials you earn in the portal dungeon can earn your character IRL money. Korean money is called "won."[/i]

Example CS

Basic Information
5b37a0dce5f54ab785023add339e5ed3.jpg
Character Name: Sun-Young Gwan
Nickname(s): Sun
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair Color: Dyed Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Aura Color and Appearance: Bright, pink wisps that swirl in a tornado around her.

Job Class: Mage

General Appearance: Sun-Young is considered one of the beautiful girls in school despite her nerdy glasses. While she doesn't mean to appear to be stereotype, she actually is very smart. She dyed her hair blonde to add something different since most girls in Korea have somber-hair colors. She is very thin with little curves with bright blue eyes and natural pink lips. She likes to wear comfortable baggy shirts and sweaters with ripped jeans when she isn't in her school uniform.

Personality: Sun-Young takes her studies seriously and is often disliked for not knowing when to take a break. Her peers often think she's constantly trying to compete with them in school and doesn't want to be one of the cool kids and go to parties. Other girls call her a dork and harass her, mainly jealous because she tends to attract the guys they're interested in. It's not like she asks them to come over and talk to her! Sun just doesn't want to rely on becoming a Hunter to pay for her college, so if she can get into college on a scholarship then that will help her with money so that she won't have to run portal dungeons so much. She doesn't really like being a Hunter, but just like with most people she finds the easy money tempting. She can enter a portal dungeon and stand in the back while the high rankers do all the work. She doesn't mind carrying their bags and staying in the background. Some people consider her to be a weak personality because of this. While she tries not to let the ridicule from others bother her, deep down she does feel alone.

Current Story: Sun-Young is studying hard in school, hoping to obtain high enough grades to apply for any college she wants. She wants to receive a scholarship so that college is mostly paid for, and she doesn't have to rely so much on Hunter salary. She lives in Hongdae in an apartment with her mother, Ha-Joon, her father Sung-ho, and kid brother Ji-Hoon, who unlike her, dreams of becoming the best hunter in Korea. He wants to join one of the elite guilds. They often argue about Hunter work for Ji-Hoon can't believe his sister isn't taking it more seriously. Sun-Young doesn't trust the Master Portal and doesn't believe its existence was meant to benefit them in any way. In college, she hopes to enter a major that allows her to study these portals to learn more about them. Perhaps she can one day find a way to close the Master Portal.
Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Weapon Name: Rift Rod
Type: Rod
Material: Wood
Bonus(es): +10 Intelligence, +10 Agility

Weapon 2
Weapon Name: Arcane Tome
Type: Tome
Material: Paper
Bonus(es): +15 Intelligence, +2 Mana Regen per Turn

Armor
Armor Name: Apprentice Cowl
Description: A cowl worn by a student of the arcane arts.
Material: Cloth
Bonus(es): +15 Intelligence, +10 Vitality

Accessory 1:
Description: You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
Type:

Accessory 2:
Description: You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 65
MP: 160
Defense: 60
P. Attack: 60
M. Attack: 120
Accuracy: 1d100+(25)

Vitality: 15
Intelligence: 15 (+40) 55
Strength: 10
Agility: 15 (+10) 25
Sense: 5
Fatigue: 0/100
XP: 0/10

Skills
GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character's perform can earn you skills.

Magic
Except for the magician class, all other classes must learn magic from cracking open rune stones that fall from powerful enemies.

Inventory
Keep a log of every item you acquire in the game including money. Gold can only be spent in the System Store. Some materials you earn in the portal dungeon can earn your character IRL money. Korean money is called "won."

Rules

1. Read my Game. Fight the urge to rush. Fight the urge to not pay attention. Read this game so you don't ask obvious questions. I didn't write this for me. I wrote this for you so please read it. Use the "Game Mechanics" thread to help you fill out the character sheet.
2. GM Rules. This game is very GM heavy. There are a lot of things I do for your characters that you may not be used to. The reason I do this is to allow you to psychologically know how it feels in-game. There's a mysterious Lovecraftian portal above Seoul. You don't know what's going to happen. You're always wondering what's going to happen. It is a purposeful affect in this game and it also maintains the peace to an extent. Some people try to come for the grind than the story. Well, those types cannot do that here. If you're not here for the story, look elsewhere. If you don't like the GM having so much power, look elsewhere.
3. Drama. I don't have time for it so please don't start it. I will ask you to leave the game and if you refuse, then I'll just simply report you. Do not waste my time.
4. Suggestions. You may notice something that could be written better. If you notice a section that can be clarified, then 1) identify the problem, and 2) offer a solution. If you are only identifying problems, and offering no solutions, then you are complaining. Constant complaining will become drama. So please use the technique I am mentioning. Again, 1) Identify the problem, and 2) offer a solution. Some of you are argumentative. Like you get off on arguing. I am not one of those types of people. I will dismiss you from the game if it becomes a recurring problem. The best way to not be considered argumentative is to follow that method. 1) Identify a problem, and 2) Offer a solution. If this doesn't work, then you may just be unhappy with the game, and you may just need to leave before you make it a toxic environment. Nobody likes that. We're here to have fun.
5. No half-ass character sheets. If your CS looks like a skeleton and you expect me to approve it, you're mad. If you give me lazy work, then I will lazily not bother to read it. I will just deny you.
6. Log your gains. Use your character sheet as a log. How you log your gains is up to you. But please log them. It'll help you.
7. Game SMEs. If you find yourself loving this game and become a subject matter expert (SME), meaning you just have the combat, stat system, and everything down, you can ask to become a Co-GM. I also ask that you help any new players who come to the game and are trying to figure out the system. I don't expect people to grasp it easily. I know I worked hard to make it simple, but systems are systems. They often take practice to get used to and you will be given the practice without penalty.
8. Have fun, enjoy the story, and add to the story. The GM is the supernatural entity in the game known as The System. There is a lot of stuff you won't know and you may not be able to anticipate everything I plan to do. Have faith in me. I am not here to screw you over. I am here to present a story that not only moves as you do, but you should be bringing an interesting character to the game to add to this awesome world. Please have fun and be willing to write with others.
9. Discord: Yay or Nay? Let me know if you want a discord. I know not everyone uses it. Majority vote will ultimately decide. This game uses Discord.

Links

Game Mechanics

Game Lore

Character Thread (Only approved CSes go here. Do not post here if the GM did not give you permission.)

Post all character sheets in this recruitment thread. The GM will come by to review them and give you your character's starting gear if the CS is good to go.

Last edited:
Bumping this game. We have seven active players so far, and we're hoping to get more. Please do not post any character sheets into the character thread. You instead post them here in this recruitment so I can review them and issue you gear. Only completed and approved CSes will go into that thread. :closedeyessmile:

The Black Knight The Black Knight

Some questions I have

1. In the lore you mention S Rank hunters but there's no mention of National Ranks. Are national ranks nonexistent in this world or are you planning to implement them in the future for story purposes? I also assume in such a case the rank is locked, I'm not asking because I'm interested in aiming for such a rank I'm just curious from a lore perspective is all.

2. Upon awakening will the PC get a unique title to match their job change?

3. If one awakens at a lower or at the same level can they naturally progress through levelling to the next rank or are they soft capped by the second awakening? For example, if an e rank awakens at d and then reawakens at d or c will they be locked into top tier c rank or can they still progress to the next rank by means of hitting level 10?

4. Will runes also grant unique passives and titles or just magical spells and effects?

5. If there's anything you want me to change in my cs please don't hesitate to ask!

The Black Knight The Black Knight

Some questions I have

1. In the lore you mention S Rank hunters but there's no mention of National Ranks. Are national ranks nonexistent in this world or are you planning to implement them in the future for story purposes? I also assume in such a case the rank is locked, I'm not asking because I'm interested in aiming for such a rank I'm just curious from a lore perspective is all.

National Rank Hunters are not a thing in the story. At this time, I don't know if I even want to make them a thing. Until I actually see a character get anywhere close to national rank in this game, it is not an achievable rank.

2. Upon awakening will the PC get a unique title to match their job change?

No. Titles are given to players by the GM based on things they do in the story.

3. If one awakens at a lower or at the same level can they naturally progress through levelling to the next rank or are they soft capped by the second awakening? For example, if an e rank awakens at d and then reawakens at d or c will they be locked into top tier c rank or can they still progress to the next rank by means of hitting level 10?

Player characters are the only beings in the game capable of progressing. NPCs cannot. They stay the same rank and thus, most of the NPCs obsess over having better gear to compensate for their rank's weakness. PCs and NPCs cannot awaken at a rank lower than what they are, but they can awaken as the rank they are currently. Example, C rank awakens and unfortunately, gets C rank.

4. Will runes also grant unique passives and titles or just magical spells and effects?

No item grants titles. A character is given a title by The System (GM) based on their actions in game. Runes can grant spells, but lately, I've just been giving people spells and skills based on actions and progress they make in the story. Those skills and spells received can wind up being anything. I use a randomizer for almost everything I do in this game.

5. If there's anything you want me to change in my cs please don't hesitate to ask!

I wrote my comments in bold. I have to go to work, so I'll give you your character's gear when I return. I would like to know before you receive your gear is whether your character will use one weapon or two weapons?

I wrote my comments in bold. I have to go to work, so I'll give you your character's gear when I return. I would like to know before you receive your gear is whether your character will use one weapon or two weapons?
I intend for her to use a single weapon but as she grows this may change

Uasal Uasal

Randomizing for Job Class: Warrior

Randomizing for Weapon Rank: D

Randomizing for Armor Rank: C

d-day-stencil.regular.png

greatswordepicred.jpg

Tempered Greatsword
Type:
Greatsword
Material: Iron
Bonus(es): +15 Strength, +10 Agility

29ab656b3fb05d0bfbd0f19d92fa85de.jpg

Squall
Enchanted armor; one feels the wind beneath their feet.
Material: Steel
Bonus(es): +20 Vitality, +15 Agility, Passive: Gale Skip - avoid one enemy attack of any type every three turns and automatically counter with a basic attack of your own. Counter attack requires no accuracy roll.

Your CS is good to go. Feel free to add it to the character link and familiarize yourself with all the links. A discord link will be sent to you shortly.​

We're always going to be accepting folks. We got a dedicated cast of writers. If you like action, adventure, and trying to solve a mystery, then this is the story for you. :3D:

Basic Information
IMG-20220321-132254.jpg
Character Name: Bo-Bae Byun
Nickname(s): BB, Bo
Height: 5'3
Weight: 107 lbs/48 kg
Hair Color: Black with red streaks running through it.
Eye Color: Blue
Aura Color and Appearance: Her aura is silver in colour wrapped around her in the appearance of mist.

She owns and helps run a small hotel along with her twin brother and father. She handles mostly the money side of the business.

Job Class: This will be given to you randomly by the GM. Remember, if you don't like the job class, then tailor your character toward the job class you want when you receive points.

General Appearance:
Bo-Bae stands 5'3 and has a skinny, yet deceptively lean frame, making her slightly taller than the average female Korean. She has a prim and proper demeanour, despite the fact that her hair, which is cut to just below her neck and is naturally brown in colour, has been dyed black and tinted with red streaks, breaking away from her prim and proper demeanour. Her clothing is mostly dark in colour and consists of a dress shirt, tie, and either shorts, a skirt, or some dress pants. She prefers to dress in a very business casual manner, and if she is missing a tie, you know it's a bad day. She often carries a strong tobacco odour with her stemming from hears of smoking.

Personality:
In a nutshell, Bo-Bae is a cold, stoic, and no-nonsense type of person. Others frequently label her as cruel or harsh, but in reality she simply expresses herself without regard for what others think or how her words may affect them. She holds herself in the highest regard, lavishing herself with compliments and refusing to let anyone speak down to her without retaliation; she has a mean narcissistic streak and considers herself to be better than most people. Bo-Bae is a woman of few emotions; she does her best to maintain an attitude of nothing bothering her and maintains a stoic expression on her face most of the time, even during the most trying times. She's not afraid to seek her mind to anyone no matter what status they hold. While Bo-Bae is usually cold and unfeeling, she can be understanding of other people's feelings, but whether she'll do anything to help them is a different story; it all depends on how she feels about you.

Underneath it all is a woman who is just trying to make her way in the world, who has been forced into a career path she didn't want to take, and who has begun to find the world dull and boring in general. Being a hunter has recently helped to change that; she is starting to enjoy the world again, and while it is a brutal job full of hardships, she wouldn't trade it for anything.

Current Story:
Bo-Bae Byun was born in Insadong to a humble family who has owned a hotel in the area for four generations. Because Insadong is a popular tourist destination, the hotel has thrived since its inception. If you were born into the Byun family, you were expected to work at the hotel, and Bo-Bae was no exception. She has been helping out at the hotel in any way she can since she was able to walk and talk. School passed in the blink of an eye, and Bo-Bae excelled to the point where the family thought it would be a good idea to enroll her in a business university so she could help the family in ways other than just being another number.

The course lasted three years, and Bo-Bae hated every minute of it. Nobody in her family had ever asked her what she wanted to do, and business was the last thing she wanted to do, but not wanting to disappoint her parents, she simply nodded and agreed to everything they said, but Bo-Bae simply wanted to paint. Bo-Bae had been painting her entire life, and while her family saw it as a hobby, she aspired to make a career out of it, but she knew that even bringing it up would backfire. University, like school, flew by in the blink of an eye.

Bo-Bae wanted out, she wanted out of the hotel and out of the business altogether, but she didn't have the money to do so. It wasn't until she was twenty-one that things began to change for her. On a fateful day, she was unexpectedly caught up in a portal incident, and while she was terrified at first, her nerves and fear quickly subsided as hunters poured in and quickly made short work of the incident. It piqued her interest, and for the first time in a long time, she felt something, even if it was fear, and it was then that she decided what she wanted to do. She intended to become a hunter. While continuing in her accounting role at the hotel, she has been solely attempting to amass funds in order to move away from her family; she's had enough of them controlling her life and finally wanted to do what she wanted, even if it meant working in a job where death lurked around every corner. For the past year, she has been watching and learning everything she can about hunters, learning how they fight, how they act, and just gathering information in order to increase her chances to survive. Equipment & Stats

Equipped
Weapon 1
Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM.
Type:
GM will randomize a weapon between E or C rank. Good luck. May the Dice Lords be with you.
Material: Basically, what the weapon is comprised of.
Bonus(es): This will depend on the class. You will get all of this information when the GM gives you job class and weapon rank.

Weapon 2
Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM. Your character may dual wield or have an off-handed weapon such as a dagger or shield. They may have a sword and a bow. You're allowed up to two weapons or a weapon and a shield.
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor:
Description:
Material:

Bonus(es): Same as above. Wait for your job class and armor rank.

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

E
Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 55
MP: 120
M. Attack: 75
Accuracy: 1d100+(15)

Vitality: 5
Intelligence: 20
Agility: 15
Sense: 10

Skills:
GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character's perform can earn you skills.

Magic:
Except for the magician class, all other classes must learn magic from cracking open rune stones that fall from powerful enemies.

Inventory:
Keep a log of every item you acquire in the game including money. Gold can only be spent in the System Store. Some materials you earn in the portal dungeon can earn your character IRL money. Korean money is called "won."

Last edited:
FloozyMcDoozy FloozyMcDoozy

Randomizing for Job Class: Thief

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 1: C

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 2: C

Randomizing for Armor Rank: D

fa82e8d8cec0aa2d42f14bb50bc5e8e2.jpg

Death Fingers
Type:
Dual Katars
Bonus(es): +20 Strength, +10 Agility, Passive: Blades can be opened and closed in a scissor-like motion to automatically inflict basic attack damage on an enemy twice per attack attempt. Second infliction of basic attack damage does not require dice roll and does not cost fatigue. However, the basic attack must succeed with accuracy the first time.

the-scifi-art-of-nicolas-ferrand-21.jpg

Devil's Tail
Type:
Grappling Hook
Bonus(es): +20 Strength, +10 Agility, Passive: While the hook can be used to slash or stab enemies, it can also be used as a grappling hook to ascend to higher levels, avoid an enemy attack, or draw a single enemy toward you. Grapple must succeed accuracy rolls for either ascending, avoiding, or snagging enemies.

c5a203081421969f8900feb9661a8891.jpg

Brigand's Leathers
Armor of a mugger.
Material: Leather
Bonus(es): +15 Vitality, +10 Agility

Your CS is good to go. Feel free to add it to the character link and familiarize yourself with all the links. A discord link will be sent to you shortly.​

1648085427847.png
Basic Information
Character Name: Minseo Moon
Nickname(s): 'Little Moon' , 'Minnie'
Height:
5'1
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair Color: Black with purple undertone.
Eye Color: Indigo
Aura Color and Appearance: Very meager and thin black aura that is rarely noticed.

Job Class:

General Appearance: Minseo is a small, pale and fragile looking girl. She is almost frighteningly skinny and overall small, her hands and feet often getting comedic remarks from her doctors that they resemble one of toddlers. While this is hyperbole, it's not far from the truth. She is normally wearing preppy clothing, usually resembling uniforms. These clothes are always top of the line and considered expensive and tasteful. Usually, these uniforms will include the color purple more often than not, usually accompanied by purple wristbands or bracelets that she made while travelling.

Personality: Minseo is a demure girl, seeming quiet and shy. She often keeps to herself, not wanting to burden anyone by speaking to them. She seems happy to play whatever role her father needs without much hassle. She is used to not being in the spotlight, and has a hard time really vocalizing her emotions and thoughts to others. She isn't nervous, but cautious of others, despite this it is in her nature to blindly follow and trust those who she deems trustworthy, having a hard time thinking for herself, much less stand up for herself.
However, there are a few moments when her composure slips and she is filled with too much emotion to bear. She is so used to bottling everything up that when it explodes, she isn't sure on how to handle it and makes bad decisions.

Current Story: The Moon family made it's debut over 50 years ago as a private security company, dominating the Japanese market and expanded to China 10 years prior to the portal opening. Only a few months afterwards did the Moon company go Worldwide, with small stations across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Private security has never been more needed, and with money and power came powerful hunters, which only increased their effectiveness and sales. Recently, Korea is their new expansion project, hoping to make a few billion won before the years end. The Moon company is a family run business, the current owners, Fuyou and Toyo Moon currently have two daughters; Minji and Minseo Moon. Minji is currently 21, and is a successful A rank hunter. Her mother and father are not hunters, but employ a gaggle of them.

Despite being from a wealthy and successful family, Minseo is what people would refer to as a black sheep. She wasn't able to do the things her sister was, and was silently resented for it. Now she is simply left to her own devices, her family embracing the philosophy that if you ignore something long enough, it will go away. Because of this Minseo mostly spends her time online, even while doing her schoolwork. Despite being knowingly awakened as a hunter, she feared going out into the world, scared that she would disappoint her family even further if she died in a low level dungeon like some street rat.

But oh was it exhilarating to bash a monster's skull in.

She might have experienced a dungeon or two, going along just to fill in the required people needed. Maybe she killed a single monster and then realized that she had so much hate in her that she could tear apart a low level beast with her bear hands as a replacement for therapy. Nobody had to know that she was from the Moon family, she would just be another high school student that needed money so they took up hunting. Sure. That's a good cover story, right?

Right?
Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Type:
GM will randomize a weapon between E or C rank. Good luck. May the Dice Lords be with you.
Bonus(es): This will depend on the class. You will get all of this information when the GM gives you job class and weapon rank.

Weapon 2
Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM. Your character may dual wield or have an off-handed weapon such as a dagger or shield. They may have a sword and a bow. You're allowed up to two weapons or a weapon and a shield.
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):
Same as above. Wait for your job class and armor rank.

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 55
MP: 105
M. Attack: 55
Accuracy:
1d100+(15)

Vitality: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 15
Sense: 25
Fatigue:
0/100

Skills

Magic

Inventory

Randomizing for Weapon Rank: C

Randomizing for Armor Rank: C

dc0cb59481afe8fce6733556548d7366--fantasy-weapons-wands.jpg

Dragon Staff
Type:
Staff
Material: Heartwood
Bonus(es): +30 Intelligence, +15 Agility, Passive: Basic attacks are imbued with fire. 40% chance (roll 40 or less) to inflict Burn on an enemy. Burn causes 5 bonus damage for 3 turns. Burn damage stacks for each successful accuracy roll.

7b8052acd97b9096dd3f45f0e329721e.jpg

Twin Destiny
A magical and refreshing garb woven in red and white magic.
Material: Cloth
Bonus(es): +20 Vitality, +10 Agility, Passive: Regenerates Mana by 5 every turn.

Basic Information
cf941e33e762c52503d3af497a8bb850.jpg
Character Name: Su-bin [meaning "luxuriant, beautiful, elegant, outstanding" combined with "refined"] Noe [meaning "thunder"]
Nickname(s): Subi (soo-bee)
Height: 177.8 cm (5'10)
Weight: 78 kg (172 lbs)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Left: White (current); Dark Brown (former), Right: Dark Brown (current)
Aura Color and Appearance: A pale gold shimmer that seems to circulate around him like plant vines and falling leaves, sometimes aura shaped flowers "bloom" from around his ankles

Occupation: Olympic Archer (former; 3 gold, 1 silver); Archery Instructor for a private university (Current)
Job Class: This will be given to you randomly by the GM. Remember, if you don't like the job class, then tailor your character toward the job class you want when you receive points.

General Appearance: Despite being a tall and leanly muscled man, Su-bin holds himself as if he were smaller. His shoulders tend to curl inward to make himself look less threatening to others and tends to keep his torso covered in oversized sweaters to hide his toned upper body -built specifically from the many years of archery training. He has been told in the past that he has a "pretty" face, ideally oval shaped with small features, but after his accident, his appearance was permanently marred. A large scar curves around his left pelvis that has given him a stiff limping walk, at one point needing a cane to get around. Su-bin's left eye was once a warm chocolate brown like his right eye but has since turned stark white -a pale vertical scar running over it- and while some vision remains, it is not as good as it once was. Another scar mars the right side of his lips and his right eyebrow.

Personality: Su-bin has had to build himself up not once -like most people- but twice. Before his accident, strangers and friends equally saw him as charming and amiable. He could easily charm people into his circle, often being a person to hold his hand out to others first and boasting a contagious smile. It was hard for anyone to resist being around him. As a sociable person, Su-bin loved to participate in any events he could find and hang out with his friends at any chance he had. His genuine friendly nature also came with a good heart to stand up to bullies and negativity. He tended to think was heart first before his head. As an intelligent and well-educated man, his words are his biggest weapon against others and he is careful to articulate his words. He isn't an aggressive person nor does his lack patience. In fact, he could be considered a very patient person but Sub-bin has been called stubborn on many occasions. Much of the joy and laughter he brought to the people around him has faded after his accident. Su-bin can no longer smile as easily as he once did and struggles to open up well. He still has a certain charm to him, able to make small talk with others and chuckle at jokes but most of it is just cordial. Su-bin has become more withdrawn and shy to social interaction though the skills are still there and he is still very stubborn if not more so. Even though he was hurt, he still has a big and kind heart for the people around him.

Current Story: Su-bin was born to the wealthy Noe family, who boast a rich history of famous archers. Being the youngest of five, he grew up coddled by his grandparents, parents and siblings. The wealth they had allowed him to grow up without hardships or struggles but his parents were firm in reminding them that money was not forever and one should be aware of others. When he began learning archery at six, his grandfather remarked how he "must have been born with a bow" because he had a natural talent for it. His siblings were also proficient bow users but he was special. Su-bin was favored by his grandfather for his skills but also for taking to his words the best. A fond memory he recalls is every Sunday, him and his grandfather would go volunteer at the animal shelter or homeless shelter, the feeling of helping others a warm presence in his heart.

It was a heavy blow to his heart at twelve when his grandfather passed. Su-bin continued archery, honing his skills with repeated practice and diligent studies, but he made time for his family and volunteering every Sunday. His school life was a happy one, making a lot of friends he stayed in touch with after graduation and dominating the archery tournaments like no other student. At sixeen, he was scouted for the summer Olympics for men's individual and men's team archery. That year was his debut into the professional world, bringing home two gold medals for South Korea. It made him so proud and celebrated with his family after his wins. Life was going very well for him but it was ruined just after his nineteenth birthday. On his back from a get-together with several of his friends, a drunk driver swerved onto the sidewalk and ran them down.

He woke up in the hospital, reeling from the aftermath. Two of his friends died, the other in a coma and he was the "lucky" one. Su-bin struggled in his early recovery, with the loss of his friends and physical self, and relearned how to walk late. It was through his older sister ,a Hunter, that he managed to get on the right track to recovery. He lived off her stories of dungeons to keep people safe, not for the money or glory, but just to protect. She suddenly passed from a dungeon raid and she became his reason for finishing his recovery. At twenty-two, Su-bin made his surprise recovery debut at the Paralympics once again and managed to bring home a gold and silver that he dedicated to his deceased sister. He retired right afterwards to take time to learn about Hunters so he could go through the awakening. Currently, Su-bin lives alone after fully completing rehab with his family and got a job teaching at a privately-funded university. Before he had scars, he had been popular men and women alike but afterwards, he hasn't thought much about dating and instead adopted a German Shepherd named Yoona for companionship.
Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Type:

Weapon 2
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 50 + 15 = 55
MP: 100
Defense: 50 + 5 = 55
P. Attack: 50 + 5 = 55
M. Attack: 50 + 5 = 55
Accuracy: 1d100+(25)

Vitality: 15
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 5
Agility: 25
Sense: 10

Skills

Magic

Inventory

Last edited:
.titania .titania

The GM will look at your cs tomorrow due to time zone restrictions. Also leave your vitality at 15 and put the equation into your HP section. You don't add 50 vitality into vitality, that's your base HP. Also if you would like, pick if you want one weapon or two.

.titania .titania

The GM will look at your cs tomorrow due to time zone restrictions. Also leave your vitality at 15 and put the equation into your HP section. You don't add 50 vitality into vitality, that's your base HP. Also if you would like, pick if you want one weapon or two.
Thank you for letting me know! Meant to do that :) One will be just fine.

Basic Information
b40fbf331f7c0d45e41aeaebcaf0f5a5--artwork-world.jpg

Character Name: Alec Carmichael
Nickname(s): Al
Height:
6'0”
Weight: 193lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Amber
Aura Color and Appearance: A pale golden hue which continuously trickles form his body

General Appearance: Standing an even 6ft with an average build doesn't exactly make Alec exceptional but outside of the Itaewon district its not very difficult to spot his foreign heritage. From under a shaggy mop of unkempt brown hair peer two cautious amber eyes emphasized as often as not by dark circles that come with a disregard for sleep. A bit of stubble along his chin rounds out a face that's quick to crack smile. Alec doesn't own much jewelry but wears a braided leather bracelet on his left wrist and an ouroboros tattoo winds around his right forearm. He favors simple clothing in subdued tones and most of his threads show signs of wear and tear.

Personality: Most would describe Alec as patient and quiet man which is partially true; partially because his imperfect command of the Korean language certainly plays into the silent routine. By nature he is a mellow spirit, considerate of his fellow man and more prone to smiling than frowning. He is not afraid to show his emotions openly and takes a bit of foolish pride in his accomplishments, fostering a perhaps misplaced confidence in his ability to see things through. Working along side him it quickly becomes obvious that Alec is a bit bull headed, dedicating himself to an endeavor with single minded focus and often burning the wick at both ends to achieve his goal, consequences be damned.

Current Story: Alec grew up in the united kingdom as the oldest of 3 brothers. Like most of the kids in his neighborhood he fell in with a rough crowd early, collecting several minor charges and seeing his education suffer for it. It took his younger brother getting seriously injured to snap Alec out of the destructive lifestyle and turn his attentions elsewhere.

Thanks to an infatuation with motor sports and dogged determination he was able to score a job with a local mechanic and began straightening out his life. Sadly the past is not so easily discarded and before he knew it old acquaintances began coming round, slowly roping him back in. A few small favors, a lucrative job that got him in hot water with local authorities, debts and favors long overdue.
Having learned his lesson Alec didn't need tragedy to strike again to realize he was heading back down the path he'd forsworn not too long ago. It was however, doubtful that the kind of people pressuring him to return would take rejection lightly. Before things got out of hand he decided to disappear, move to the ends of the world and start over.

In his case the ends of the world meant Korea, only because the one of the customers he'd met at the garage had reminisced about his own days wrenching in a garage back in Seoul. Initially the only jobs he could find were those that required a sturdy physique and the courage or desperation to put oneself in danger. Some years later and a handful of portal jobs with a collection team Alec has found employ at a local garage and discovered the resolve to become a hunter in his own right.

He still spends many nights going to classes to improve his Hangul but dreams of making it big as a hunter and being able to put enough aside to attend university.

Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Type:

Weapon 2
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 50 + 15 = 65
MP: 100 + 0 = 100
Defense: 50 +25 = 75
P. Attack: 50 +25 = 75
M. Attack: 50 + 5 = 55
Accuracy:
1d100 + 10

Vitality: +15
Intelligence: +5
Strength: +25
Agility: +10
Sense: +5
Fatigue:
0/100

Skills

Magic

Inventory

Considering how often it’s asked, one must wonder whether or not the CS template itself should just include the question in it.

Anyhow Fenris Fenris did you want one two-handed weapon or two one-handed weapons generated for ya from Black Knight?

Considering how often it’s asked, one must wonder whether or not the CS template itself should just include the question in it.

Anyhow Fenris Fenris did you want one two-handed weapon or two one-handed weapons generated for ya from Black Knight?
Don’t really have much of a preference so feel free to surprise me :) If i have to go on record I’ll say 2.

.titania .titania

Randomizing for Job Class: Warrior

Randomizing for Weapon Rank: C

Randomizing for Armor Rank: E

d6cb93034b590730dd36376bef54dede.png

Runic Axe
Type:
Greataxe
Material: Bronze
Bonus(es): +30 Strength, +15 Agility Passive: Phantom Ring - The runic axe unleashes a ring of destructive magical energy to strike either the same target after a basic attack, or a second target at range. If Phantom Ring isn't used this turn, it will remain charged within the axe until use. Phantom Ring does not use mana or fatigue, but requires accuracy success of wielder's basic attack.

dd659097927f9c343fb887db525c6c8d.jpg

Bear Armor
Worn armor wrapped in bear fur.
Material: Fur
Bonus(es): +10 Vitality, +10 Agility

Fenris Fenris

Your P. Attack is 80.

Randomizing for Job Class: Healer

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 1: E

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 2: E

Randomizing for Armor Rank: E

images

Earth Sprout
Type:
Magic Twig
Material: Wood

mike-smith-screenshot006.jpg

Ritual Dagger
Type:
Dagger
Material: Stone

ca61f754d9701b5b53a25490efd0416b--fantasy-rpg-to-meet.jpg

Nature's Clothes
These clothes look like they were woven from nature.
Material: Bark
Bonus(es): +10 Vitality, +10 Agility

This was the worst roll result in the game so far, but do not let it discourage. I do not know what it is, but the dice dislike our healers, but they persevere and do just fine. Again, sorry you got this roll. It won't affect your game play. Your CS is good to go. Feel free to add it to the character link and familiarize yourself with all the links. A discord link will be sent to you shortly.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back