• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Interested in making a character, are you going to give me a class first or do you want me to make the cs first?

You make the CS and distribute your stats. After that, Class and Gear are randomly generated. Be sure to specify if you want to have one weapon or two weapons as well.

What's the pacing like typically? Do you find some time to get together for some live writing for a few hours or is it normal for a player to write one post a day, or two, or three?

cokemonster cokemonster Omg, you have the face claim of Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon 's summon XD. The pacing is just whenever people post. They're allowed once every 7 days, and if it's been seven days and it hasn't moved, I tell people to move forward. Portal dungeons and GM events have a posting order. It's normal for players to post once a day (although certain ones may post two times usually when interacting with the GM). But if players are busy with work or college, then they'll post when they can. We have a good pace that people find perfect. It doesn't move too fast and it doesn't stagnate.

I'm not surprised. This fox-cat-bun thing is a devilish critter. That pace is something I can keep up easily barring typical RP-halting holiday season. I'll write something and see if I fit. Thanks for the reply.

I'm not surprised. This fox-cat-bun thing is a devilish critter. That pace is something I can keep up easily barring typical RP-halting holiday season. I'll write something and see if I fit. Thanks for the reply.

I almost used him as a poster child for The System entity, but The System makes players nervous enough XD. Seeing him would probably make them freak out (for those who've seen the anime).

Basic Information
white.jpg

Character Name: Sophia Hughes
Nickname(s): Soph
Height: 5'6
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair Color: ivory white
Eye Color: vermilion
Aura Color and Appearance: Black and white waves pulsating rhytmically.

Job Class: This will be given to you randomly by the GM. Remember, if you don't like the job class, then tailor your character toward the job class you want when you receive points.

General Appearance: Sophia has a lithe build due to her being sick until recently. She has a tattoo of stylized eight arrows going into different directions on her left shoulder.
81-815966_chaos-star.jpg

Personality: Sophia is a solemn and enthusiastic person. Having been hospitalized for the majority of her life make her curious about many things and she's quite zealous about her intention of leveling up.

Current Story: Sophia was born from a couple of foreigner living in Korea as businessman. Unfortunately she's born with immune deficiency and in need of constant medical support almost all the time, this made her unable to live a normal life as she can't afford to interact with many people. This confined life style of her continued until the day the portal opened in the sky. For many people the wave simply grants them more ability or allow them to fulfill their fantasy of becoming superhero but for Sophia the wave opened the world for her, it cured her. She now can walk around the cities, board a plane and travel the world or simply try some street foods with questionable hygiene procedure without her dropping into a three days fever. Even when the world fell into chaos trying to repel the monsters coming out of the portal, her family celebrated it instead. Later her father convinced her to join a newly formed international organization called Evologist. It's a cult that believes The Portal is God's way to push humanity to their next level of evolution and all members are encouraged to increase their power level. Hence why Sophia is now trying to become a hunter.
Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM.
Type:
GM will randomize a weapon between E or C rank. Good luck. May the Dice Lords be with you.
Material: Basically, what the weapon is comprised of.
Bonus(es): This will depend on the class. You will get all of this information when the GM gives you job class and weapon rank.

Weapon 2
Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM. Your character may dual wield or have an off-handed weapon such as a dagger or shield. They may have a sword and a bow. You're allowed up to two weapons or a weapon and a shield.
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):
Same as above. Wait for your job class and armor rank.

Accessory 1:
Description: You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
Type:

Accessory 2:
Description: You will not get these starting out. These can be acquired in a portal dungeon.
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
HP: 50
MP: 100
Defense: 50
P. Attack: 50
M. Attack: 50
Accuracy:
1d100+(Your Agility Pts)

Vitality: 40
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 5
Agility: 5
Sense: 5
Fatigue: 0/100
XP: 0/10

Skills
GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character's perform can earn you skills.

Magic
Except for the magician class, all other classes must learn magic from cracking open rune stones that fall from powerful enemies.

Inventory
Keep a log of every item you acquire in the game including money. Gold can only be spent in the System Store. Some materials you earn in the portal dungeon can earn your character IRL money. Korean money is called "won."

Last edited:
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 1: C

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 2: N/A

Randomizing for Armor Rank: D

d-day-stencil.regular.png

fa4cac74976d438807c87bd0088b3f23.jpg

Tact Blades
Type:
Dual Swords
Material: Steel
Bonus(es): 25+ Strength, +15 Agility, Passive - Steel Tornado - every two turns, the wielder can attack twice for double the physical damage. The second attack does not cost fatigue.

bf4c7a0ab0292e277a975d6cec2ef11d.png

Light Yoroi
The uniform of a kunoichi.
Material: Cloth
Bonus(es): +15 Vitality, +10 Agility

Your CS is good to go. Feel free to post it in the character thread and familiarize yourself with the links. A discord link will be sent to you shortly.​

I will certainly be making a CS for this but before I do, just wanted to ask- could I hypothetically put ALL 60 of my starting points into sense? Just curious

I will certainly be making a CS for this but before I do, just wanted to ask- could I hypothetically put ALL 60 of my starting points into sense? Just curious

No. You distribute your points in increments of five. At least five points would have to be in the attributes. So the most you could put in Sense is 40.

Basic Information

be35ff946fb7698f6f51dd3b5da751c5.jpgCharacter Name: Evdokia Vladyslavivna Pashchenko
Nickname(s): Eva, Grand Darling of The Pashchenko Circus Trope.
Height:
5'3"
Weight: 126 lb
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Aura Color and Appearance: Bright and shimmering. The sparkling effect of this aura glows a constant pale yellow and is dotted with small red and blue dancing lights that loosely resemble the various cards suits.

Job Class: TBD

General Appearance: Refer to picture.

Personality: Evdokia Vladyslavivna Pashchenko, or Eva for short, is an eccentric character to say the least. She carries about her a certain candor cheeriness that seems to light up a room. She puts one hundred percent effort into everything she does and keeps a smile on her face as she does it. Her upbringing as a showman has put her directly in the spotlight many-a-times, and as a member of a circus trope, she is no stranger to death defying stunts. She is ready at all times to put it all on the line and give it her all. No matter the situation she sets up the pieces, she pumps up the drama, she plays to the crowd, then at the end of it all she sweeps them off their feet with grandeur and beauty, no matter the cost. She is enjoying herself the most when she is wowing someone, leaving them starry eyed, and even in the worst of situations she keeps her head held high.

It is easy to interpret the loud, boisterous girl as annoying, ditzy, and reckless but she is none of these things. Magic is all about diversion and distraction after all, and her loud grandeur personality masks a masterfully crafty and resourceful young girl. Eva thinks on her feet, and what she lacks in strength she makes up for in cunning.

Current Story: Evodokia is the ringleader of Budynok Mahiyi, a barely afloat magic trope. Owning a small tent on the outskirts of seoul, Eva spends most of her time stressed and overworked as she tries to fulfill her life dream by keeping the remainder of the family business alive while doing some minor shows on the side. Recently, she has picked up hunter work on the side to fund some of the bigger projects that would put her trope back in the spotlight
Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Type:
GM will randomize a weapon between E or C rank. Good luck. May the Dice Lords be with you.
Bonus(es): This will depend on the class. You will get all of this information when the GM gives you job class and weapon rank.

Weapon 2
Weapon Name: Wait until you receive your job class from the GM. Your character may dual wield or have an off-handed weapon such as a dagger or shield. They may have a sword and a bow. You're allowed up to two weapons or a weapon and a shield.
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
Accuracy:
1d100+25

Vitality: 5
Intelligence: 5
Strength:5
Agility: 25
Sense: 20
Fatigue:
0/100

Skills
GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character's perform can earn you skills.

Magic
Except for the magician class, all other classes must learn magic from cracking open rune stones that fall from powerful enemies.

Inventory
Keep a log of every item you acquire in the game including money. Gold can only be spent in the System Store. Some materials you earn in the portal dungeon can earn your character IRL money. Korean money is called "won."

The Black Knight The Black Knight IT IS DONE....ish

Last edited:
Firelie Firelie I don't think the circus idea will work because it is temporarily in Korea, and it would force you to keep having to make excuses for why it would stay longer than it should since the setting of this game is Seoul, Korea. Also, the performers wouldn't be alive if they tried to use creatures from the gates in their act. Those creatures kill humans.

o
Firelie Firelie I don't think the circus idea will work because it is temporarily in Korea, and it would force you to keep having to make excuses for why it would stay longer than it should since the setting of this game is Seoul, Korea. Also, the performers wouldn't be alive if they tried to use creatures from the gates in their act. Those creatures kill humans.
i mean, I can change the reason. Thats really not hard. And as for the creatures thats kind of the point. They arent dumb, they can handle it. I can change it if you really want me to but I didnt think it was a stretch for two A rank hunters to use various monsters in a show

I reread this and realized i sounf like an asshole. I am currently operating on zero hours of sleep and apologize for any assholeness. That said, what I am trying to ask is that do you think my backstory idea doesn’t work because of these two issues or do you simply think I should go with something else for a backstory.

Last edited:
Basic Information
Character Name: Sameer Vadlamani
Nickname(s): Sam (for ease of pronunciation)
Height:
6'2"
Weight: 62.5 Kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Steel Grey
Aura Color and Appearance: Bluestone blue with wisps of royal purple and black.

College student studying physics.
Job Class:

General Appearance:

1635477989893.png
Growing up without a lot of sunlight left Sameer without the typical permanently tanned look most Indians have. He has a small scar on his left eyebrow due to an (extremely) stupid mistake of his. He is an avid swimmer and so has a toned body.

Personality: Sameer can come off as sullen and rude, but once you get to know him, is a pretty fun guy. He tends to prefer the morbid and dark side of humor and tends to make jokes that sometimes make people uncomfortable. He is shy and introverted and does not like to interact with a lot of people. Once he makes friends, however, he remains loyal to them and will do his best to help them. He also speaks 5 languages (English, Korean, German, French, and Hindi).

Current Story: Offered a full scholarship at Seoul National University, Sameer chose to accept it and moved to Seoul for his studies. He loves reading sci-fi and fantasy stories and is a frequent peruser of litrpg stories. He also loves music and plays the Violin as well as the Bass guitar. He wants to visit his family back in India and so decided to work as a hunter to earn the money required without the help of his parents. He aims to solve the mysteries of the gates and how they seem to defy the very laws of physics.

Equipment & Stats
Equipped

Weapon 1

Type:

Weapon 2
Type:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Armor
Armor Name:
Description:
Material:
Bonus(es):

Accessory 1:
Type:

Accessory 2:
Type:

Accessory 3:
Type:

Title:
Level:
1/10
Accuracy:
1d100+(Your Agility Pts)

Vitality:10
Intelligence: 25
Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Sense:5
Fatigue:
0/100

Skills
GM will give you these randomly. Certain actions your character performs can earn you skills.

Magic

Inventory

o

i mean, I can change the reason. Thats really not hard. And as for the creatures thats kind of the point. They arent dumb, they can handle it. I can change it if you really want me to but I didnt think it was a stretch for two A rank hunters to use various monsters in a show

I reread this and realized i sounf like an asshole. I am currently operating on zero hours of sleep and apologize for any assholeness. That said, what I am trying to ask is that do you think my backstory idea doesn’t work because of these two issues or do you simply think I should go with something else for a backstory.

I apologize for the delayed response. I had an IRL emergency. Yes; I highly recommend changing the backstory for the reasons I mentioned. Those monsters aren't anything anyone would find entertaining. They are killing humans and they try to destroy the planet when they invade.

Dhruv_The _Quiet Dhruv_The _Quiet

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 1: D

Randomizing for Weapon Rank 2: C

Randomizing for Armor Rank: C

d-day-stencil.regular.png

07d91f2b56cd0d44a74b47b88f7015e3ee2c8815.png

Shield Knuckle
Type: Gloves
Bonus(es): +15 Strength, +10 Agility

tasset_and_greaves_preview_11_480x.jpg

Lion Greaves
Type: Boots
Bonus(es): +20 Strength, +15 Agility, Passive: Mauling Strike - grants the wearer up to four kicks in one turn without risk of expending extra fatigue. This translates into four physical strikes that can be made once every three turns.

anime-anime-super-fan-24211957-186-271.jpg

Devoted Robes
The robes of an adept practicioner of martial arts.
Material: Cloth
Bonus(es): +20 Vitality, +15 Agility, Passive: Stone Skin - the less clothes you wear, the stronger you become! Defense +15

Your CS is good to go. Feel free to place it in the character thread. Familiarize yourself with all the links and pages. A discord link will be sent to you shortly.

I apologize for the delayed response. I had an IRL emergency. Yes; I highly recommend changing the backstory for the reasons I mentioned. Those monsters aren't anything anyone would find entertaining. They are killing humans and they try to destroy the planet when they invade.
Its fine. Ill change it, I had another idea. Still a circus trope, just struggling and kind of weak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back