• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sisceal gasped and tucked away to the wall quickly to avoid the bolt headed their way. "Heads up!" He called back to Glen, thinking he was only right behind him in the chase. Soon as it was past he took off again. Forcing himself to go faster until he was right at the runner's heels. He could feel a burning pain in his chest from pushing himself so hard but pressed on still.

When he was finally within an arm's length he reached out and snatched the back of the man's shirt. Balling his fist up firmly full of cloth and tackling him to the ground roughly. "y.....y....you're...You're not going......anywhheeere." Sisceal wheezed. Coughing painfully as his lungs screamed in agony.

There was a time in Glen’s childhood where he stuck a finger in an open wall socket and got a boo-boo. This was a lot like that time, except now an actual bolt of lightning shot straight towards him. It struck in front of him, right where his foot was going to land.

Swerving to dodge, the officer lost his balance and ended up eating a mouthful of cement. Peeling himself off of the ground, he looked up to see that his superior had already apprehended the suspect.

Now that he got a better look at the guy, Glen wondered how he didn’t notice him at first. That tacky suit could be seen from miles away.

Shaking his head, he scanned the area, but couldn’t find a trace of the creatures they were after. “Got away,” he muttered, gritting his teeth. “They all got away.”

'Bishhiiing' A large silvery blade lowered at the wave of a trainer's hand.
"I know. Zey got lucky zis time." A mysterious man peered around the corner at the two officers now bolting fast as they could the other way. What a a lucky fate that that tacky petty theif happened to be in the same area. Commiting a crime even and bolting. What luck indeed. "We shall let them go for now. Zis is merely an accident today. Zey are not after us as far as I can tell but they came far too close for comfort. Zhey saw nothing of importance. You and your subjects did good today" He recalled a bisharp back into it's pokeball. "But this will not happen next time."

The only win here for him was the successful cushioning of his fall, which meant protecting his valuable facial assets but scraping the skin off hands rocketing into the pavement. The collision wasn’t what worried him, though. It was the geezer on his back. “Oh, gross, get off!” His face twisted at the sight of a coughing old cop, but it quickly softened upon seeing the train-wreck they left behind.

Vincent couldn’t stifle a giggle, instead he laughed hysterically, an odd gesture for any apprehended crook. The sight of a cop munching rocks was too good to not enjoy wholeheartedly. He was all about once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, of course. “Heh, heh—Hey! Look at your buddy, he needs more attendin’ to than I do.” The man squirmed while he jeered, both expressing his satisfaction with his entire body and trying to keep his suit from tangling with rough cement.

Oh well,” he spent the rest of his time contemplating sartorial choices as his face hovered two inches above a crawling ant, “I was in need of new threads anyway. Black and white stripes are so last season.

"Lucky for you I can manage both checkin on him.....wheeze... and dealing with you." He frowned. Gross? He knew he needed a shower and sleep but gross? The nerve of this guy. "Gleeeeeen??" Sisceal called back to him. He was standing, suppose that was good after nearly taking some thunder right to the face.

Haning tight onto the man as he forced him back up to standing and into a pair of cuffs. Wheezing the entire way but nevertheless holding on tight. "You're not worming out way out of this one pal.....you're coming in for questioning....buddy. Glen! Little help please? I need to catch my breath, maybe have Charlie find me some inhaler.....ugh. I haven't ran like that in forever."

A scraped chin didn’t sting nearly as bad as his pride. Glen stuffed the gun back into its holster. No need for it anymore, now that their suspects escaped.

His teeth ground together. They were so close. They could’ve put a killer behind bars, made the streets a little bit safer. But he wasn’t good enough.

Trying his best to ignore the barrage of insults flung his way, the officer staggered forward. He latched onto the handcuffed man, his hands creating a second pair of shackles. “Sir,” Glen began, trying to keep his voice even. “We’re running out of time. Let’s head back.”

He only rolled his eyes at the chit-chat. He’d be out soon, he assured himself, it’s just a stupid run-in with the cops. A quick glance at his shiny designer shoes plastered a smug grin onto a bruised but persistently pallid face. There’s no way they’ll be able to find any dirt on him, nor will they be able to find any of the other outplayed suckers he’d escaped. No evidence, no standing around behind black bars for a month—simple.

“You dimwits don’t even have reasonable cause to haul me over to wherever the hell you’re taking me!” The overgrown hair on his head was a stringy mess, the nest extending over his eyes and nose to fully paint the picture of a street rat in cuffs. It pissed him off further.

“OK, you know what,” he squeaked in staccato, “I’m gonna sue. You heard that? I’m gonna call my lawyer and you KNUCKLEHEADS are gonna lose ya jobs. Now, take these handcuffs off, before I make the two of you work at the PokeMart for the rest of your lives!”

He was breathless from the shouting match with no one but his own boundless anger. It was hard thinking his days of debauchery could come to an end so soon. Not now, not until he got his first wrinkle!

“Gosh, you couldn’t catch the real crook so you’re taking me as a consolation prize, eh? Yeah, I get it, I get it...”

Sisceal nodded and prodded at Vincent to start walking forward. It was either walk or be carried and he would be fine with either at this point. "Lots a bark and no bite there ya scrawny rat." He huffed. Happily taking an inhaler Charlie came back with. The little fellow had rushed back to the office to get it for him. "You ran the second we arrived an with a murder in the area that's reason enough to take you in right now ya hear?"

He didn't care if they knew for sure what this guy had done if he even had done anything yet. But it was their only possible lead right now. "Hope you don't mind walking....we don't have a car or money for a taxi..." He admitted as quietly as he possibly could. He then cleared his throat and continued on. "Whatever you say can and will be used against you in a court of law if we take you there yadda yadda yadda. You get the gist of it. If you resist I will not hesitate to use full force of my pokemon against you."

buzz buzz egghead egghead

His partner’s voice soon devolved into a background hum that barely registered as anything more than white noise. Glen might have been standing right next to the detective, but his mind was a million miles away and centuries in the past. He could still smell the blood.

The wail of sirens pierced his ears, knocking the officer out of his reverie. They sounded close. Legs dragging across the cement, he marched back the way they came, making sure to bring the weirdly-dressed wacko along for the ride. The guy might have had a potty mouth, but he was right. He really was their consolation prize.

The circus had arrived on the scene. Flashing lights, yellow tape, the whole shebang. Glen nervously glanced at his superior, not quite sure of what to do. “Do we...Do we tell someone?”

His eyes crashed to a close, the onslaught of police lights almost burning his retina, though he’d be thankful to not have to look at the men straddling him ever again.

“Hey! Get these crooks off me!” He tried to thrash his way out of their grip, but was only able to pull off a great impression of a wimpy worm. He groaned for the umpteenth time in the few minutes he’d been apprehended for. His walk of shame skid to an abrupt stop and he swung his head to whisper in the face of the one who was very obviously in charge. “OK, I give up. How much you guys want? I got a couple, uh, hundred…thousand bucks."

Last edited:
"Course we tell someone Glen. We're supposed to be professionals and my ass is on the line having a rookie in tow and doing something like this. Not that it wasn't beforehand but even more so now. We gotta report it." He grimaced. Leading the man into the streets. He waved to the over officers that he had this one and they were headed back to the station.

When the man spoke up again he raised an eyebrow at him. "Do you even have that much on or or at all there twinkie or are you trying to make a bargain you can't fulfill?" Sisceal kept a hard stare on the man. He'd heard that sort of bribery so many times but was curious to where this one was going to go with it.

egghead egghead buzz buzz

Glen glowered at the weasel, and cringed even more at what was being offered. No amount of money could buy his compliance. There was nothing lowlife scum deserved more than to rot behind bars. The world would be a much better place that way, Glen decided.

His grip on the man tightened. He wasn’t going to let another one slip away.

“This guy doesn’t have anything on him,” Glen sniffed, disgusted. “He wouldn’t be stealing if he did.”

He thought back to the shoes that were left behind. As much as he wanted to return them to the shop, there was no time. All the young officer could hope for was that they somehow found their way into the hands of a deserving owner.

Once again the alleyway filled with the sound of footsteps, as well as a pair of shadows. One belonged to a pokemon, while the other was unmistakably female.

Dainty fingers scooped up what looked to be some kind of shiny slipper. A snicker hissed out from red lips, a laugh only a snake could make.

“What do you think of these, Nikky?” The woman asked, showing off the find to her little companion.

In response, the Nickit turned its head, nose crinkled as if it were being presented a used tissue.

Cackling, the woman dumped the shoes back into the trash, likely where they belonged. “You have no taste,” she teased. “C’mon, let’s go. We got work to do.”

Last edited:
He moved like a pendulum between the bantering detectives, both of which didn’t play into his hands the way he wanted. “You guys piss me off! Fine, haul me off to some stinky cell. What do I care?”

His feet dragged along the concrete as his relatively burly captors tugged at every part of him that could move. It irked him, but whining about it didn’t seem to work this time. He didn’t stop squirming to somehow force their grips loose. His spirit was gone, but the effort remained. “Gentle on the satin, sirs. Gosh, this is a LONG walk. Wanna tell me a story so I don’t get bored?”

Charlie took one last glance into the alley. Thinking he heard something, but soon as a shadow in the darkness moved ever so slightly he rushed back to his master's side.

"Bitch all ya want, makes my day better." Sisceal scoffed. Picking the man up ever so slightly to keep his feet from dragging along. It was annoying to have to try and drag this skinny ass man back to the station when his shoes were dragging. Not to mention even past that it was hard enough with the mouth on this one. "Look, we're almost there and you'll be taken in to my office area for interrogation and as we fill out reports. And we'll get their faster if you actually walk yourself or would you rather be carried the rest of the way?"

The moment they left the parking lot was when Glen relaxed, if only a little. Fellow officers and civilians alike were all either crowded around the crime scene or heading towards it, so the street they walked had become eerily empty. It was just him, the detective, and their participation award.

He opened his mouth to speak but instead gagged on a sour stench. The air was now inexplicably heavy with a smog that smelled like an unholy mixture of rotten eggs and Meowth piss. Before he could react to any of it, something flew out of the noxious cloud and head-butted him, knocking him off his feet. “Oof!”

Through stars, he could decipher the outline of his attacker. The fog was too thick to tell exactly, but judging by the silhouette alone, it was obviously not human. He found himself thinking aloud, “A pokémon?”

Again, the creature struck, but Glen was prepared this time. He rolled out of the way, narrowly avoiding another blow to the skull.

“Hey—“ he began to call for his partner when a bolt of lightning flashed. It skimmed over his head, missing him entirely.

He wasn’t the target this time. Sisceal was. All he could do from the dirty ground was scream, “Look out!”

Last edited:
Under the clouds of fetid exhaust that he knew very well, Vincent sprinted out of the policeman’s grip. He ran, cackling and running like a headless rooster down the street. He spotted the sources of the mayhem, faces he had been waiting for. That was to be discussed later—for now, he hitched a ride on Wheezing with a tiny Shinx cradled in his soiled lap. They made a speedy escape and were out of sight by the time the gases dispersed.

After fleeing into the first alleyway they found, the trio finally slumped into the familiar comfort of a brick wall. “Whew!” He looked at the expectant, bulging eyes of his partners. They awaited due appreciation, but capitulating to some cheesy lovey-dovey demands was far too embarrassing for Vincent, even when no one was around to see. “So, what took you so long? You know, I was on the way to my cell!” He shook his head, rising to his feet. “I guess you lot aren’t completely insufferable, but I could‘ve broken myself out of the jailhouse without your help, you best believe that!”

His Pokemon were tired of sulking. After a brief a glance at each other, they started down the alley, away from their owner and toward something that wasn’t a waste of time and space.

“Hey, where the hell do you two think you‘re going? I’m talking to you, idiots!” Realization came to him swiftly and not without a tantrum of its own. The emotionally and physically tattered man managed to grab a nearby trashcan lid through handcuffs. Baring his seething teeth, he jerked his entire body to somehow fling the projectile. The trashcan lid was sent skidding through the air and towards the Shinx moping away from him. Wheezing floated between just in time to bear the blow, the eyes carved into the sphere wincing but not sparing even a single glare before turning to leave with its companion.

Vincent stood handcuffed, watching them fade into the darkness of the alleyway, never to be seen again. “Good riddance,” was all he grunted before plopping back onto his seat on the pavement.

Sisceal managed to dodge just in the nick of time. Feeling the pokemon just scrape over the top of this hair as he fell to the ground.
"DAMNIT!" He covered his mouth to avoid breathing in anymore of the toxic fumes from the wheezing. He doubted that the Rookie wanted to drag his ass back to the station unconscious. "Cori!" He took a pokeball from his side satchel and expanded it. A red beam shot out, followed by the gigantic silloutte of a Corviknight leering at them from down it's beak. "There's a man in handcuffs possibly nearby with a Wheezing and a Shinx. Think you can look for em for us?"
It gave them both a long hard stare before taking off into the sky.

"Come on Glen. We gotta go. Get out of this alleyway already and back to the station. We've got a lot to report and find that guy before they find out we lost him."

Not again. It wasn’t the first time Glen doubted himself, but now there was no denying that he had the worlds greasiest butterfingers. The guy was in handcuffs, and he still managed to slip through the cracks.

“Scumbag couldn’t have gotten far,” Glen grunted, before taking off in full sprint. He was right. Rounding the first corner into a nearby alley was all it took to find his target.

He approached as if navigating a minefield, well aware that he could be wandering into another trap. But once he saw the resigned look on the conman’s face, all suspense evaporated.

Without enthusiasm, he hauled Vincent back the way they came. “Come on,” he sighed. “We just want to ask you some questions down at the station, that’s it. After that, we can all get back to our lives. Okay?”

Last edited:
He heard them before he saw them, but there wasn’t enough adrenaline pumping to force his feet into fleeing. Sunken head sinking deeper into sweaty palms, he offered his bound hands for the cop to lug him away. “Yeah, I got it.” He huffed a resigned sigh of defeat, on both mental and physical fronts. “Not like I got anywhere to run to anyway.”

"You know this could have been done and over with and you headed home soon if you didn't run." Sisceal wheezed. Whistling for Corviknight to come back to him and pluck the man up by the back of his belts. He would like to see him try and wiggle out of their grasps this time. Corviknight wasn't some small pushover like Glen or himself. That and he was utterly exhausted, it had been a very long time since a criminal gave him the runaround.
"Alright. Finally to the station and interrogation." He heaved a heavy sigh and looked towards Glen exhausted. "Then some coffee for us before I pass out. How's that sound?"

Glen stared hard at the detective, as if trying to decipher some unsolvable code. Remembering his manners, he quickly glanced away. “Yeah. Sounds good.”

The walk down the street felt more like a trudge through swamp muck. Glen’s head stayed foggy no matter how desperately he tried to clear his mind. He didn’t even realize they had arrived at the station until the familiar swish of the doors filled his ears.

Forcing a smile, he nodded towards their intimidatingly large companion. “That Corviknight of yours is really something,” he commented, avoiding the creature’s glare. “But, uh, maybe you could tell it to drop what it’s holding. Kinda awkward to do an interview like this, don’t you think?”

Sisceal couldn't help but laugh. "Thank you, he's a real treat and loyal companion. but also way too big to go into the station interrogation rooms so of course we aren't going to be doing it like this." He made clicking noise and the massive bird dropped Vincent down enough for them to take hold of. It stared at Glen for a moment before disappearing back into it's ball. "Come on bud, we've go our work cut out for with this one and honestly probably not much time so lets go." Sisceal hastily lead them both to a room in the back of the station Cuffing Vincent to the table in the center and grabbing the voice recorder and notebooks.

With a smug look upon her face the Chief's assistant brought a rather hefty stack of papers to the Chief's desk. Another incident report. This one some of the homicide located in town a little over 3 hours ago and then many many other smaller files of mishandled cases of robbery and drug busts and investigations in the area. She wasn't going to be happy about this. Not one. Single. Bit.
But perhaps it could lighten her mood knowing exactly who was in charge of each of these cases. She did only need the slightest bit of reason to put that damned detective into the cuckhold of a lifetime. Maybe, just maybe even fire him but that was still even a stretch....for now. She wouldn't need much farther reason after this shit storm to really dig into him.

buzz buzz egghead egghead

There was nowhere left to go for Weezing and Shinx. They walked a funeral march down an alley as forgotten as they were. When an extra pair of footsteps joined in, they spun around to see that they weren’t entirely alone.

A woman with red hair stood before them. On her shoulder sat a Nickit that shared the same beady stare as its owner. “I saw what happened back there,” she smiled. “That shit excuse of a trainer got what he deserved, didn’t he?”

She stepped closer before producing a small container. Removing the lid released an aroma that made the pokemon’s mouths water.

“Go on, dig in.” She set the curry down on the ground. “You boys look like you could use a good meal.”

Weezing and Shinx were hesitant at first but soon succumbed to hunger. They devoured the offering in seconds, down to the last grain of rice. Their bellies full, they glanced up at the generous stranger as if she were the angel that was sent to save them.

“You like it?” The woman laughed. “If you stick with me, you’ll eat like this every night. Just ask Nikky here.” The fox huffed and turned away in response, prompting another laugh. “Don’t mind her. She’s just cranky because her tail got dirty.”

The two strays looked at each other. They were both thinking the same thing. With more certainty than either of them ever felt, they trailed behind their new trainer, leaving the alleyway and their old life behind.

Glen followed like the loyal lapdog he was trained to be. He didn’t question his partner’s rush to get to the interrogation. The longer they waited, the more time their killer had to cover his tracks.

Once everything was set up, he gave the detective a nod, signalling him to start.

Last edited:
Walking through the doors brought him into a world he knew very well, but never experienced before. The figures in suits, shuffling about with their typical shady demeanors, forced a smirk onto busted lips. He made sure to note every intricacy, every cranny in the wall where the lights didn’t reach.

Being tied to a piece of furniture was one of the worse moments during his temporary bout of bondage. “The least you could let me do is put my feet up.” He grumbled without purpose, knowing they’d neither hear nor heed his grievances. The fitted tailoring began to itch. Cocoons of corduroy and satin did not please the sweaty skin of a failed runaway. “Someone turn on a fan or something, please!” He pinched his nose, eyeing the duo across him. “It smells.”

A shimmy or two later, he added, “Can one of you—preferably silver hair—be kind enough to take my blazer off of me?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back