• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
Not everything in the world of pokemon is sunshine and rainbows.
There's a much much darker side that nobody likes to talk about. And unfortunately someone has to live through it and someone has expose it. People and pokemon go missing, never showing up or worse, showing up dead with no leads.

Plaguing the Galar region right now is a series of disappearances. Whether by people or pokemon nobody knows but the terrifying thing is the lack of evidence and leads to where any of them have gone. On top of that normally problematic groups have grown worse and more restless. And there's not much the police departments are able to do about it but send out their best and watch as rag tag groups of detectives both official and not try and take on the cases themselves.

The main police station is in Hammerlocke.
But the disappearances hare happening region wide. No one place is safe right now. Even if it seems so don't be fooled, it's only quiet.

This story takes place before the events of the game.

Last edited:
"You know this isn't the best look for you? You're on thin ice already and your desk be lookin like this?" The chief's assistant prodded the snoring, drooling man away.
Sisceal inhaled sharply and raised his head from the hard oak desk. His moist forehead peeling off of it like saran wrap. Blinking away blotches of light and blur from his vision to look up at her with a raised eyebrow. In his daze he could only muster up a confused feral grunt in response.
"Get yourself together man. You've got a new case to go investigate. We got some info from a trader who just came from Stow-on-Side about something they saw on the rout 6 near the bridge on their way in and we need you to go talk to them. They didn't want to talk over the phone about it or try traveling here." She slammed a stack of papers down on the desk. Toppling over an empty bottle of whisky with a loud hollow clunk. "Don't mess this one up now. We expect a report back soon on this."

Cold as ever. He waited until the click of his office door before pulling himself upright....goddamnit his head hurt. Hangover maybe? Sure felt like it but he didn't even remember drinking last night...it wasn't like it was rare for him of all people to drink but never a good sign still to not even remember doing so. Rubbing the crusts from the corners of his eyes he slid the files over to take a gander at the person he had to find to talk to and where to find them. Shouldn't be too hard it was local, find em, talk, back home for paper work. They'd probably slap some rookie on him or something but whatever. He'd seen many of them in his time with the station.
"What do you think Charlie? Up for coming along on this one?" He glanced over his shoulder. A small white phantump with red leaves, a broken branch and icy blue eyes materialized over his shoulder. Staring down at the papers. Who knows if it really understood anything on them, but it absolutely knew what he meant by coming along. It made a soft ghastly wail of eagerness and nuzzled against his cheek. "I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled softly. Giving it a gentle pat in return.

Tucking the files under his arm he gathered what he'd need and made his way out to the lobby.

The life of a police officer wasn’t what it was like in the movies. Instead of car chases and explosions, what Glen got was lots and lots of paperwork. At least the patrols were relaxing. Aside from old people asking for directions and random kids begging to see his gun, there wasn’t much to complain about.

He stopped by the train station, grabbing a lemonade from one of the vending machines. The jaunt back to HQ became just a bit sweeter. That would all turn sour the moment he walked through the door.

A hand clapped Glen on the back, making him spill his drink all over his shirt. The joker responsible for the mishap was one of his superiors. “Hey, kid, it’s your lucky day. You’re going on a trip.”

Glen blinked, stunned. “Huh?”

The other officer shook his head, mock disappointed. “Not a bright one, are you? We need you to head out with detective Jack Daniels. For, uh, protection.” He shrugged. “Just make sure the guy doesn’t get, how should I put it, sidetracked.”

That was when the door to one of the many offices flew open. “Speak of the devil.”

Glen took a good look at the guy he was paired up with. Old, crusty, looks like he hadn’t showered in a couple days. Mama taught him not to judge people based on their appearance, but he was having a hard time heeding that advice now.

“Good morning, sir,” he saluted the detective. “I was assigned to join you on this case. I’ll do my best to help out in any way I can.”

Sisceal may not be the oldest one by a good amount on the squad but he knew a rookie when he saw one. And this one he hardly needed a glance to pick out.
He stared him up and down for a good while....damn. Talk about making him look like a walking pile of garbage in comparison. Hiding it best he can behind just a cocky swipe of the hand across the face and hair he attempted to straighten himself up.

"You don't need to salute me. I'm not that high up in the ranks." Sisceal cocked his head to the side with a slight smile in hopes of showing he wasn't all too hard. "Just call me Sisceal by the way. I'm not a fan of being called Sir by coworkers, way too formal." He waved a hand nonchalantly, his phantump drifting over his shoulder to get a new look at the new guy. "Anyways, come on. Let's get going, you can tell me your name on the way. I just don't have time to stand around here and chit chat. Not around all these assholes." He scoffed. Straitening up the collar of his shirt.
egghead egghead

The phantump was different from the ones he’d seen in the books. Something about it seemed slightly off. The colour, maybe?

Glen shook himself out of a trance. “Uh, right!” He saluted again. “Lead the way, sir, I mean, Sisceal...sir!”

Following the detective out the door and into the sun, Glen inhaled as if he was holding his breath the entire time they were indoors. “Man, the air here is amazing! Nothing like how it is in Motostoke.” He chuckled a bit. “If I had the money, this is the place I’d call home.”

Snapping out of his reverie, Glen remembered something very important. “Oh, I forgot to introduce myself!” Adjusting his cap, he did just that. “Officer Glen Mallory, at your service!”

"I wouldn't suggest it. Big city, bigger problems and the price is high." Sisceal popped a cigarette into his mouth and lit it the second they stepped foot out of the building. Heaving a heavy sigh at being called 'Sir' again. This guy...God it was going to be one of those days. "Air sure is nice though I'll give it that. They've really cleaned it up in the last few years." He slowed his usual brisk pace to allow the rookie to keep up.

"By the way it's a pleasure to meet you Glen. Should probably introduce Charlie here as well, he follows me everywhere and never goes into his ball." He motioned to the small pokemon drifting over his shoulder. Staring down Glen with pure curiosity. "Figured it'd be best to mention it given his appearnce as many tend to stare." He put an emphasis on the last word. He caught that stare earlier. Wouldn't be good at his job if he didn't pick up on things like that once in a while. "Anyways, gear up for quite a walk. I'm not paying for a taxi again and it isn't that far to where we're going. Alright?"

The young officer visibly deflated. “Oh, uh, you noticed that?” He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “My bad. I hope Charlie can forgive me.”

Despite his partner’s deliberately slow pace, Glen still had to jog here and there to keep up. “Well, I don’t really mind the walk. Exercise is good for your heart, they say. I don’t know who “they” is, but I’m pretty sure it’s true!”

He glanced up again at the little pokémon floating above them. “A stubborn one, huh? Kinda reminds me of my Meowth. She doesn’t really like staying in a poké ball either.”

He chuckled a bit. “Can’t really bring her to work with me, though. She’s kind of...” He paused, recalling ripped curtains and claw-marked walls. “Let’s just say she’s a little wild.”

Last edited:
"Wouldn't be good at my job if I didn't notice you staring at him for so long." Sisceal chuckled. "You don't need to apologize though he's used to it by now. Different color, busted branch. Bound to get a few stares." He offered an apologetic smile. Honestly not meaning to make him feel so called out about his stares.

The awkward tesion in the air caused him to pick up the pace. No running from this problem though. Not since he was assigned to look after it and give pointers. "Ah...yeah. Haha." He couldn't think of anything more meaningful to say. He wasn't as spunky as he used to be. "Charlie is stubborn about having to go in his ball yeah. But not much out of being wild. He hates it honestly. Has a big dislike of it in there since it makes him feel real lonely."

He chuckled softly as the phantump drifted between him and Glen. Eyeballing the man intensely. "Just like a child. He prefers to make sure he can get full attention whenever he wants it."

Now that it was his turn to get ogled at, Glen found out just how uncomfortable it really felt. He sheepishly glanced down at his feet. “I just hope the little guy doesn’t get in the way of...uh...”

He drew a blank. “Wait, what are we doing, anyway?”

As if realizing how idiotic the question was, he quickly added to it. “Uh, I mean, of course I know what we’re doing! Our job! It’s just that...nobody explained to me exactly what that means yet. I’m not even sure where we’re headed, if I’m being honest.”

After that pathetic excuse of an excuse, he looked up to his superior expectantly.

Last edited:
Sisceal tried his best to hold back a snicker, but the strangest of smirks managed to bleed through instead. "You don't have to pretend, didn't know this assignment until I woke up myself. Don't be afraid to ask important questions." He offered an earnest smile. "We're going to question someone who saw something on one of the routes coming into the city. Nothin too big or grand. I've got a tape recorder and note pad to get the details down."

He fished through his pockets stuffed with receipts and a rugged wallet for a small pad and pen to hand to the rookie. "Charlie will be fine, he used to this line of work. You on the other hand, keep up is all I ask. Don't worry about every word just take down the most important bits of information. We're almost there so loosen up and relax. Nothing to worry about on an interview."

The notepad and pen fit in Glen’s hands easily enough, but the instructions were a bit more difficult to grasp. Paradoxically, being told to relax only made him tense up. “The most important parts,” he repeated, not sounding too confident. “Right. I’ll try my best, sir.”

Stuffing the tools onto his vest pocket for safe-keeping, he realized that his shirt still had a giant lemonade stain on it. Great. His first real case, and he was already flubbing it by looking like a slob. He sighed. “Hope this goes well.”

"It will. It's only an interrogation and of someone cooperative at that." He shrugged. Taking the lead up the stairs to a clean and proper apartment side. Damn this guy lived well. He heard the trader business was good but he never thought that it was this good paying. "Hello? Sir? Galar police here, we're the ones from the Hammerlock station here to talk." Sisceal knocked but no answer. The lights were on and everything. Truck in the street in front. "Sir?" He twisted at the knob, it didn't budge one single bit.

"Huh. Look for a key. I'm going to try and get a peek inside the window okay? Looks like it's cracked open a bit. And before you say it, I know. But I didn't get out of the office today with a massive migrane for nothing" He scuffled over to the side of the building. Despite his slight muffin top of a stomach the man leaped with relatively surprising agility on top of the garbage cans. Keeping his balance well as he pulled himself up to peer inside.

“Sir?!” Glen couldn’t believe what he was witnessing. A so-called man of justice attempting a break-in.

His mind raced. He was never taught how to deal with a situation like this. “Oh, no,” he whispered, horrified. “I’m...I’m an accomplice!”

Pivoting to see that nobody was around, the frantic officer calmed down a bit. If there were no witnesses, it wouldn’t really count as a crime, right? That was what Glen tried to tell himself as he started rooting around in a nearby potted plant. A small key soon found its way into his hand. It had numbers engraved on the front—the same ones as the apartment plaque.

Instead of using it to open the door, he ran to show the detective. “Sir! Look, I found it!”

"That's great Glen! Reaaaal great...now would you kindly come and get me please..." He grunted. Ass end dangling helplessly out of the window. He'd managed to make it halfway through before getting wedged in firmly. He could still touch the edge of the garbage lid with the very tips of his toes but not enough to allow him to push himself through more.

While he waited for the rookie to act...make that hopefully get the memo to act, he took a good look around his surroundings. Nothing further into the house, television was even still on from the sounds coming from the connecting room. Faint flicker of it reflected off the leather of the couch. It wasn't until he glanced down that his heart stopped. His entire face went pale as his silvery white hair. He gagged as the stench of blood finally hit him. "GLEN HURRY UP WITH THAT KEY NOW.

Glen sighed and turned back the way he came. “Alright, alright,” he muttered. His partner had a talent for sucking all the excitement out of everything, even housebreaking.

A sharp click let him know that the door had unlocked. It opened with a creak. Stepping inside, the first thing that he noticed was the smell. A ripe odour permeated the tiny apartment, a stench unlike anything he’d ever known.

Stuffing his nose into his sleeve, Glen was about to ask what could cause such an unholy stink before he nearly tripped over the answer itself. Just a couple inches away lay a dead body. An actual human corpse, sprawled out right in front of him.

The corners of his vision blurred, going black for a moment. He had been plunged face-first into a dream. Nothing felt entirely real. His legs moved seemingly on their own towards the window, and with hands that couldn’t feel, he hoisted Sisceal through the window.

He still gripped the man by his coat as he stared vacantly down at the floor, where blood met linoleum. Words wouldn’t come to a mouth made of sand. All the young officer could do was stare.

Sisceal heard a loop of his belt snap as he was yanked through the rest of the way. Slipping uneasily on the blood seeping away from the victim. Nearly taking Glen down with him. That would have been the ultimate shit show but thank God he found his footing again fast.

Retching again he forced Glen around to face away from it the scene. This wasn't something anyone should see, especially not a rookie. "Collect yourself now. This isn't something we see often okay? Nothing near like...this. Keep that in mind. " He put his hands on the man's shoulders firmly. His voice shaky and face sickly and devoid of color aside from the scar across it. "Listen to me. We're going to call some backup and stay here until they arrive. And until then we are also going to investigate around the rest of the place. Be ready with your weapon but try no to be too jumpy."

He glanced down at the body....shit...the hell even was this rabbit hole they were driven head first into. It was so cleanly cut in several spots. He hadn't seen something like this in a long time, but last time he did nothing good came of it. "You're going to stay close too. It's not a big house but don't get separated. Okay?"

A long exhale of white smoke danced with black smog in the air, a lone man loitering against the wall of an empty side street the only spectator to their show. Motostoke bred-and-born, but he couldn’t feel more like discarded trash. It’d be pretty sad if only it bothered him.

The sight of morning yellow draping the darkness always tied a knot in his chest. He operated at night, despite the warnings of the few people who had any semblance of care for his well-being. The thought never failed to make him laugh. Murderers, as if they’d have any interest in a broke bonehead. Wheezing, who was hovering idle nearby, looked at its owner with a pair of typical expressionless faces. “Oh, mind your business!” Vincent flicked the dying cigarette at the huge floating dustballs, snickering when they flinched. He adjusted his glistening pink collar—a shirt he too easily lifted from some boutique selling women’s clothing—and started down the street. He stalked around the still-empty roads, hands remaining dug into torn trouser pockets the entire time. If he had a home to return to, he’d be there right now, but that was far from the case.

It wasn’t long before the streets were choked by crowds. It made Vincent squirm, so he took the first ride out to Hammerlocke, a time-killing journey that’d end with a wad of cash and a hunk on his shoulders. The thought made him drool. He fantasized every day and, every day, his puerile dreams never came true.

I heard they found another victim...
Vincent turned sharply in his seat. Regardless of how much he convinced himself he didn’t care, a morbid love for gossip overtook him. The return to reality also revealed how sparsely populated the bus was that day. His Shinx lay on the neighboring seat, watching her owner squirm. “Creepy,” he grumbled to himself, before reclining his head against the cloth-covered bus seat for a nice afternoon nap.

The man nodded as if he understood, but his mind was as blank as his expression. The voice trying to reach him sounded muffled. He was sinking deeper and deeper into a trench while everything else drifted further away.

“Okay,” he eventually responded. An unsteady hand reached for the gun resting on his belt. The cold steel felt unusually heavy in his palm. Glen never thought he’d have to use the thing. Not so soon.

Holding his breath, he cautiously moved towards the next room, pistol at the ready just in case the unthinkable happened.

Sisceal nodded and held his hand close to his holster. Moving his way to being in front of Glen as they made their way farther into the house. Police sirens could be heard already outside and other officers attempting to quell the crowds beginning to form. Dammit why could they never be quiet about it?

Nevermind that now though. They had more important matters. Checking every room in the house. He went very quiet and a stern expression crept onto his face as he listened for the slightest bit of noise. Any small hint to alert them of anything off.

His head suddenly snapped up to the room down the hall. He thought he'd heard a rustling in it. Something being fumbled with and messed with. Moved around and opened. "Glen....be ready."

Heart hammering against his ribcage, the officer nodded obediently. His finger twitched, ready to pull the trigger.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Glen inched further down the hallway. The closer he moved, the louder the strange noises became. So loud that they banged against his eardrums. Soon enough, there was only a thin plank of wood standing between him and a possible killer. Whatever was on the other side could be the maniac who murdered an innocent man.

Glen wasn’t about to allow there to be any more victims. Kicking in the door, he shoved his weapon into the room and screamed. “HPD! Put your hands in the air!”

There was the clang of metal. Several eyes staring back at them from the dim light of the room. The glint of light off blood stained sharp blades reflecting at the two officers

"What the?" Sisceal had hardly any time to react as a several pawniard stared back at them briefly before busting the window open and fleeing. They had to be heading back to their trainer. Absolutely had to. "Glen don't shoot! just after them! We've got to track them down!" He motioned for Charlie to phase through the wall and keep an eye on where they ran for them. He wasn't about to try a window again so soon.

“No!” Glen didn’t need to be told what to do this time around. He was already halfway down the corridor, legs pumping like pistons. A puddle of blood sent him skittering and he nearly tripped over a chair, but the officer still managed to make it to the front door in one piece.

There was no time to think. He shot around the building, heading straight for the alley. The pawniard were nowhere to be seen, but they did leave behind footprints. Glen followed the red smears and droplets as far as they stretched on, but soon enough the trail went cold.

“Shit!” He stomped a foot against bare cement. From where he was standing, they could’ve gone anywhere, in any direction. An entire city, a hiding place for evil.

Dry lips tore apart for a mouth-stretching yawn, arms forming a wingspan that blocked any outgoing passengers from dismounting the bus. “Ah! Hammerlocke at last!” The impatient bus-goers behind him began to curse and yell, prodding the man in front to end his one-man show until he finally relented. Vincent hummed and skipped away to the melody of angry echoes. Just as he remembered it, Hammerlocke was certainly a place to behold.

After wandering from shop to shop, his stringy legs grew sore and the soles of his dress shoes started to show their decay. “Oof,” he huffed, the pain in his feet growing worse with every step. As if by some prescient instinct, the tired pretty boy spotted a sight for sore feet: a shoe store. He snickered and strolled right in.

Chest puffed and head held high, the broken-footed man seemed impervious to the chafing happening in his clunky black brogues. “Hello, hello,” he grinned with a trademark cocksure demeanor, one that wasn’t good for any type of thief. This clearly didn’t strike any nerve in his underused brain. Almost as quick as he came in, Vincent slipped a pair of new, shiny brown loafers into his coat. Gripping his side like someone had stuck a knife in it, he headed for the door.

Running wasn’t what he was made for. His height was an advantage, for sure, but that was pretty much it. The moment the security sensors rang, a jolt sent him running from Hammerlocke Shoe Emporium like a deranged deer. He could see the employee behind him trying his best to recover the lost merchandise but, for Vincent and his partner-in-crime Shinx, there was no way in hell that lackey’d catch them.

“Shinx, he’s getting too close, nail the sucker!”

In a nanosecond, the uniformed man fell to the floor in obvious paralysis. His body seemed to writhe on the sidewalk as onlooking bystanders covered their faces in disgust. Vincent laughed all the way to the nearest alleyway. “Phew,” he breathed heavily, for longer than perhaps most would. His Pokemon stared at him, eyes as vacant as ever. He shot her a smile before pulling the oxfords out. “Gorgeous!”

He had just finished lacing the new pair and was admiring the gleam on the tanned skin adorning his feet when what sounded like a stampede echoed through the alley. The dandy yelped and grabbed for the wall to keep himself steady for another dash. In the far distance, he saw a figure heaving almost as hard as he was a moment ago. Whether from exertion or anger was unclear, but that cop suit was unmistakable.

“Oh GOSH, just let me have the damn things!” Vincent didn’t waste another second, sprinting out of the alleyway and towards wherever.

Last edited:
"Fuckin christ Glen you couldn't have waited two seconds?!" Sisceal had finally caught up to the man. He was breathing heavily but out of exasperation for having to catch up to the fool. His eyes narrowing down the alleyway to look for the Pawniard. Nothing, Charlie appeared and didn't even seem to have caught up quickly enough outside to tell exactly where they went.

Suddenly he alerted Sisceal to a figure bolting down the alleyway away from them. Had to be their guy or a witness at the very least. Why else would someone run from the cops right now? They had no reason to unless they were involved. "There!!" He pointed out to Glen. "After him!" This time it was the older man's turn to take off like a shot.
Softer in the middle and rugged as he may have looked, he proved quickly how fit he still was. It took him hardly any time to be right at their suspect's heels from down the alleyway. Aiming to fully tackle him onto the ground soon as the right chance came about.

He was just cruising, he thought, until the audible breathing behind the fleeing band of thieves alerted him to quite the horrifying sight. “Crap!” Vincent pedaled for his life, feet slapping the pavement with each stride. It wasn’t helping too much. “S-Shinx!” It’d be insane to try it on the police, but foresight was never a priority. “Thunder Shock!” The fleeing stickman ducked as the bolt flew overhead, the aim shoddy but worth a shot—not much choice when cops are on your tail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back