• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Surgaslan

Hi hello!
My name is Bee, I'm in my mid 20s, looking for a long term, high (or mostly) literate partner. I am definitely open to other things in the end, but I am REALLY interested in playing one specific character — I have been absolutely enamored with her, and if I don't write her soon, I will just pop. She is called Mina of Arodel.

Before I talk about her a lot, I'll start with some themes I'm interested in, since I don't have a specific plot in mind!
I am really interested in:
  • Surrealist or fairy tale elements
  • Sapphism! Gay, gay, gay, girls! women! women loving women! trans women! bless them all. I really really prefer fxf pairs!
  • Romance is totally optional! It is ABSOLUTELY on board, and it is totally NOT required! I prefer it to occur a bit more naturally :D
  • Big starry adventure! I am a softy. I like sweet themes, going to find strange spirits in the wood, traveling and camping, seeking out the beautiful whims of life
  • Some grittier elements down the line, death/dependency, change, etc.
  • I also really want to explore Mina's sister, Andelin, who is positively wicked evil. I love her.
  • It's strange, but it is common knowledge in her world that the moon disappeared out of the night sky quite a few years back.
Thank you for making it this far! If you are still interested, I will wax about Mina briefly.

Mina of Arodel is the oldest of three, born to Saraselia of Arodel and Theodora the Lazy. Arodel is a small, flat, flower-filled meadow that is sided at every edge by thick forest, and at its southern end lies the Hare's Court. Its proprietress is Theodora, and its king is Mina's baby brother, Lord Golas. The title is affectionate — he is king of little more than a swell old family home and cathedral ruins, a pen for hares and rabbits, and a mighty council of stuffed lambs and other little toys. Andelin, the middle sister, is more secretive and combative, and as she gets older it seems she is losing her tenderness and becoming bitter and conceited.

Despite the stature of her small family court, Mina is of relatively humble upbringing. Though exposed to exceptional people throughout her life, she is well accustomed to eating out of wooden bowls and sleeping under-star. She is tall, lanky, and often well dressed, though what fine clothing she has are usually boons from neighboring courts. Neither her or her mother are good seamstresses. She is at least a full head taller than her younger sister, red haired with minty clover eyes. She totes a sword around with her, known as Glimmer, and all her best friends are hares or rabbits or little woodland residents of the old meadow.
It is, honestly, shameless fairy tale comforts. Mina is goodhearted and tender, but she also loves to keep secrets. She has a penchant for sneaking out and getting into places she doesn't belong, and physically lacks the capacity to say no to even the smallest adventure. She leaves her fold honestly and has plenty of reason to be away from home for short stints, especially as she gets a bit older. Her and the members of her court (The smith Haestus, or Gregory for example) have all sorts of strange afflictions and fantastical stories. Glimmer is a queer and magical blade, and begs a lot of questions. I just want to explore and share her and the members of her court so badly.

Please don't hesitate to reach out! Some closing preferences are:
I only write third person,
I tend to write about three paragraphs on average and will happily do more
I would like to write with somebody around my age or older!
I am open to male characters for sure! romance with them is off the table though!
I'd like to keep her close-ish to her setting, so even if we roleplay outside of Arodel, I'd prefer to keep it high fantasy type. I am still open to pushing lots of other boundaries\
Thank you! Please do reach out if you are interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back