• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fun Scary or Just Scary...Scary - Fantasy/Supernatural Shenanigans Search

OverMinion

Strong swamp witch vibes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey there! I'm Over Minion, a long-time writer on the hunt to add a few new stories to round out my writing roster. Like the title suggests, I'm looking for something that can blend fantasy/supernatural/horror elements (yes, the title is a CR3 reference for you Critters out there), but I'm highly open to suggestions.

About Me/My Writing Style
  • I'm in my 30s, and prefer writers who are at least mid twenties and up. Sorry, yutes.
  • I write 3rd person, past tense
  • Post size highly varies - general quick fires are around 400 but intros/scenes can go well over 1,000
  • Post time is generally at a few times a week (can be up to a few times a day) but very flexible on reply times
  • Can communicate via dms, posts, or Discord
What I'm Looking For
  • Fantasy or supernatural elements required - Bonus points medieval fantasy
  • No slice of life, high school or college settings
  • World building and plotting highly encouraged
  • Romance is completely optional in a story, and I highly prefer fleshed out plots where that isn't the sole focus
  • All pairings/genders welcome, but a bit burnt out on hetro stories where I'm playing the leading gent.
Types of Settings/Stories I’m Interested in
  • Medieval fantasy shenanigans (think DnD, Crit. Role, Discworld, less serious Tolkien, Fable, etc)
  • Modern/Urban fantasy (like Bright or Hellboy)
  • Angels, demons, and demi-gods (something like Good Omens)
  • Supernatural beings going bump in the night
  • Monsters/creatures trying to blend in with society
  • Pending apocalypses of various flavors (zombies always welcome)
  • Enemies to Frenemies (always a fun trope)
  • Reluctant heroes or, better yet, villains having to save the world

For a few plot-ideas that I have floating around with a few of my pre-existing characters that I'd be playing, check the opens ones below (will update periodically).

Please Don’t Help

Sell swords for hire, Caine and Enita seem like a package deal at a steal of a price. He’s a charismatic archer and she’s a brute with a blade, but something always seems to go wrong. Forced to travel across the lands for work where their names/faces wouldn’t be recognized, they’re down on their luck and hard up for coin. At this point, they’ll take any job that will pay despite the cost. Unfortunately, the only job they can find isn’t a two-man job and they’ll need to join up or join along with another troupe. Hiding their respective curses is hard enough when they're on their own, but forced to work alongside strangers for the long haul is going to prove...difficult.

Summary: Medieval fantasy, this would be more a dnd-esc sort of setting. I’m looking for hijinks here but don’t have any solid plot other than a lose idea of the characters and how they can screw things up. I'd be playing both Caine and Enita with your character/s joining in on some job.

Crisis Averted

The weird new guy is in the trash…again.

Looking to lay low in a small town, Crisis is somewhat of the new local nuisance on so many levels. If his given name wasn’t odd enough, there’s the general consensus around town that he’s either highly mentally ill or, well, just high. Seemingly paranoid, jumpy, and generally unhinged he’s just hopeless and harmless seeming enough to be approachable for anyone looking to help this wayward soul.

Spoiler alert: he isn’t any of these things, but rather a supernatural asset on the run. To be specific, a werewolf that lost his sense of smell after he caught Covid. Having lost his primary sense to tell if anyone was coming for him, he’s started to become more unraveled. Losing his control, it’s getting him into trouble and making it harder for his human façade not to slip. He’s going to need some help with that, which is where your character comes in.

Summary: Modern fantasy/supernatural. The story would eventually focus more on the actual reason he’s an asset/the agency that comes looking for him. Keeping Crisis under wraps and out of the news would be another fun side of the story. Would benefit from some world building and the best fit for this scenario would probably be an unsuspecting human character or perhaps someone slightly versed in the supernatural to deal with the train wreck that is Crisis.

He’s in the Details

Really, it was just a box that you picked up at an antique store. Nothing to write home about, it wasn’t until things started going awry around the house that you started noticing the box somehow at the center of it. One night, by happen stance, the cat is out of the bag (or, in this case, the demon is out of the box) when you find a horror lurking in the house.

The nightmare turns more to nuisance as the demon (named Phos) ends up being more annoying than homicidal. However, it turns out the box is a gateway to an entirely non-human world where Phos pedals stolen human relics (the random lost socks you’ve been missing, lose change you swear you stuck on the table, and charged batteries he’s replaced with dead ones, for example).

Summary: Modern fantasy/supernatural. Phos is a gateway character that leads into a sort of ‘troll market’ like world. He’s an annoying little faun, but utterly fun and a good guide. The story would focus on exploration of the new world and would need a more fleshed out bit of plotting.

Feel free to ask questions below or DM!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back