• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] [Tribulation] Sage's Tribulation of Strength

Skyhunter

Bringer of Change
Roleplay Availability

Interaction: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1650942638878.png

Sage silently would make his way through an enchanted forest, a strange feeling in the air would be felt, felt through both body and mind. The air was almost still, mysterious lights could be seen in the air, descending from above, looking up at the canopy of the forest, there would be almost an endless veil of stars that ascended to the heavens, but no matter how far Sage would climb up, there would be no end, it was almost like he never moved from his place of flight, up was no option, the only being forward or back. But there was a presence, a presence of challenge and invitation. Something with power that would lure Sage in, lure him forward deeper into this enchanted forest. Sage would see animals roaming, their eyes had a green glow to them, emitting a strange aura to them that seeped from theirs and into the sky.

The animals were minding their own business, small hares were eating shrubs, birds were in the trees looking around, seeing sage yet they have minded their own, giving him no regard. Next Sage would notice deer eating grass, a couple doe, fawns and a large buck with a bigger rack on its head, close to them Sage would see a couple foxes playing around with each other in the grass, then immediately got up and ran off, passing by Sage and disappearing into the forests, making cute playful noises. The forest was very serene, one of calmness and peace. A bear stood against a tree, scratching the bark to sharpen it's claws, it would turn and begin to scratch it's back on it.

Eventually Sage would come to the edge of the forest to where he would overlook a clearing with monstrous sized trees that stood tall, in the middle of the clearing would stand a knight wearing green garb looking up at the trees, a sword on their hip, both hands to the sides. The knight appeared to be solemn and non hostile. Their cape flapped in a small gale as a gentle wind flowed on through the forest. " Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. " They muttered, it was hard to indicate if they were a male or female unless Sage came closer.

Green Shrub Knight.jpg

Last edited:
Sage Litwile

1650959338079.png

Sage looked around the forest in awe, the fantastical surroundings he found himself in being something entirely new to the young fae boy. He never ventured from the paths before now, and he was shocked that sights like this existed. He fluttered along, his giant sword hung by a leather strap attached to the sheath. He looked toward the only place he could go, forward, and continued on. He didn't know why he wanted to be here, but he felt drawn to it, like a butterfly to a pretty flower. He didn't like saying moth to a flame. It was derogatory. He's a butterfly fairy, not a moth fairy. There's a big difference.

He swayed gently through the air, seeing all the animals peacefully grazing, having never felt this in-tune with nature before. It was always empty trails or bustling cities, but this, it felt nice. It was a moment of calm to an otherwise hectic life. And the beauty could not be stated enough. He giggled a little at seeing the foxes play, enamored with how adorable they were. However, he felt a moment of pause when he saw the bear. It looked peaceful, but he was not one to underestimate that sort of thing. So, keeping an eye on it for a substantial moment as he floated away, he turned back towards the front.

He floated into the clearing, in awe of the size of the trees, having wondered how he never saw the top of this place from the outside before, it seemed like you could see these trees from anywhere with how big they were. He saw the knight standing there, starting to flutter towards them, nodding a little bit. He saw their green covering, slowly coming over to greet them. "It weally is pwetty. I nevew seen anything like it befowe." He said, floating a little bit away from the knight to not intrude on their personal space.

1651029664653.png

The trees held a feel of rejuvenation and wonder as this green knight stared at their surroundings with wonder. As Sage approached, the knight turned to see who was ever coming closer, seeing a small fairy with a massive sword did catch the knight off guard as he quickly grabbed the handle of his blade ready to strike but saw they were harmless, letting their hand fall from said handle. " Ha! " The Green Knight chuckled lightly, staring at the fairy for a moment before turning his attention to the sky that did not exist. " Yes, it is. It is almost as if there is nothing beyond the canopy and we are already underneath the sky. The endless sky of the marrow. This place... This world is something else, I have never seen such a sight! It is almost something out of a fairy tale, an unknown forest drags two unaware interlopers for a fate unknown. " His head turned back to the fairy, now facing Sage. " We both were both tempted here for a reason. I wonder what thou reason is, friend. " The Knight commented with a polite tone. " By the way, what is thy name? Mine is Harlow, Harlow Hedgerow. " The knight gave a polite bow.

1651035027469.png

The clearing around them continued to have lights in the distance, fireflies. Small critters could be seen running around the glade they stood in, small squirrels and chipmunks raced around the ground before back up into the trees that reached far up into the skies. There was the sounds of crickets chirping in the distance, frogs croaking, the sign of possible rain. The forest was alive with creation, the spectrum of living essence, it was a very peaceful place, one anyone would want to settle in.

Sage Litwile
1651038599703.png

Sage smiled at the knight, though it was likely difficult to see with how small the boy was. He braced a bit when he saw the knight reach for his hilt, but laxed when he saw the knight realized he wasn't a threat. Being in these trees made him feel like nothing could go wrong, they felt nice and calming, like his wings didn't ache at all. He was surprised at how nice the knight seemed to be, but he guessed the forest just had that affect on people. Who wouldn't be nice with this kind of wonder all around them. "Yeah, it weally is pwetty. It's like flying in the sky but the gwound is following you. It almost seems like I'm dweaming." He said, before turning to the knight again, listening to the verbose knight and nodding slowly. "I came hewe cuz I was trying to go home, cuz my fwiends all left, but I didn't know the way back and twied to go thwough the fowest. It was the best choice I could have made, this place is amazing." He said, happily taking in the beauty of the forest. "My name is Sage Litwile, it's nice to meet you Mistew Hawlow!" He greeted, trying to make a friend.

"How come you came hewe since you know my weason?" He asked, before slowly starting to turn and look around at all the fireflies while he waited for the response. His little wings fluttered and flapped silently, watching the animals move around. The fairy in him felt more in tune with nature than ever before, like he could do anything. He simply basked in the feeling, feeling more at home than ever before in this seemingly divine forest.

1651200781417.png

" A dream indeed. That is the best possible way to explain such a mysterious event. " The Knight, Harlow, agreed. " This place acts as if it should not exist. I feel as if I have been stuck here for a long time, but I just arrived here moments ago. " Harlow explained now placing his hands on his hips staring up in wonder before he looked back down to the small fairy, Harlow seemed like he was a kind soul. He spoke with manners and had a hint of politeness; the atmosphere was different here in this forest, it looked and felt as if this place should not exist. Hearing the fairy speak again, his head turned to look at the large sword wielding fairy. " Sage? Well, little Sage, it is very nice to meet you. As for my reason being here, I am just passing through, I was off to help a kingdom dealing with two tyrants at war. Grim stuff but I feel like I have to help. I am a wandering knight after all. " Harlow laughed a hardy one. " A true knight never backs down. "

Hedgerow cleared his throat hearing Sage's next question. " My reason for being here...? Well, I was here for a moment, enjoying the sights along my way. But this enchanted forest I think has wasted enough of my time, I believe it is time to move on, Sage. " Harlow stretched a little, bones popping. " I feel as if I haven't moved in years. " He groaned a little. " Well, Sage, I wish you safe journeys and great peace. I hope we meet one another again. Good luck. " Hedgerow gave a polite bow to the fairy before walking pass Sage, waving a hand up, waving goodbye. As Harlow made his way up the hill that overlooked the glade that Sage was in, Harlow looked back for a moment before walking out the way Sage came from. As Sage now stayed alone in this glade, the world around him seemed to distort, the trees and fireflies began to disappear as a fog rolled in.

1651206839916.png
The massive monster trees were now replaced with small trees that created a path for Sage to follow. Strange beings moved where the trees were, yellow eyes stared from the tree line, the pathway was open and inviting, everything for Sage was wrong and had disappeared. There was a voice that Sage would hear, an intriguing voice that would beckon Sage to follow the path laid out before him. " Follow hither, fairy. " The voice was quiet and deep, it sounded like a young woman while being mixed with a mythical beast. As Sage would follow the path, he would see more eyes open inside the trees, large and small shadows. " Do not be coaxed by thy voices, fairy. Come hither. " The voice continued to talk; it was as if something was talking in Sage's ear, but whatever this voice was, it was benevolent and... Only described as greater. Eventually as Sage made his way down this path, he would see a clearing ahead, entering this clearing he would see a...

Forest Sylph of the Horns.jpg
A large elemental beast with two large swords. smaller root beasts as a tail, this large earth beast stood at a massive sixty feet tall. The woman in the belly of the beast was staring at Sage as he approached. " The small fairy, Sage. Your strength was felt beyond the void and into your perception of reality. You have been dragged here for a test, a test for my boon. " The thing spoke, it could only be described as a God.

Sage Litwile
1651254999203.png
"Yeah, it feels like I've been fluttewing awound fow houws. But I don't mind it, it's way bettew than feeling like it's been houws in like a classwoom or something." He agreed with the knight on that part, since the forest felt so peaceful and, if it were a person, kind. Though, this knight seemed like a good person too. Sage like this knight, he was way nicer than most people he'd met. Like the big lady who swore a lot, as he learned later that was what those words were. But that was besides the current point, as he began to listen to the knights reason. He slowly nodded, looking up with awe at the bigger knight. "It's nice to meet you too Mistew Hedgewow. I hope you can help the people in the kingdoms. Make suwe you don't get huwt eithew." He said, trying to assure the much bigger knight.

Sage looked up in awe as the knight laughed, finding it inspiring of how the man wanted to help for the sake of helping, and his determination.
"Well, I'll do my best to nevew back down eithew!" He said, giving a happy flutter in the air where he hovered. He idly pulled his sword up a bit, adjusting his grip on it. He began to flutter around as the knight explained he should be getting going. Sage nodded softly at the knight, looking up towards him. "Good luck to you too Siw Hawlow! Stay safe and have fun!"
He cheered at who he percieved as his new friend, staying a moment in the glade as he saw it slowly begin to distort, his eyes darting around in a slight panic as the beauteous vistas were replaced by what seemed to be a mystic woods, in a different kind than before.

Sage saw the path form before his very eyes, slowly looking down it apprehensively. Where he was once comforted and felt very happy, there was a bit of stress with the eyes staring at him from the treeline. But the path looked comforting and inviting, but he took a moment of hesitation. However, when the voice spoke to him, his eyes widened softly. With the voice beckoning, he followed down the treeline, keeping his sword close in case any of the bodies owning those eyes tried to come get him. The voice felt like it was looking out for him, and it gave him comfort in the now kind of spooky forest, as he floated down the woods towards where the path lead him.

As he came to the next area, his eyes widened as he slowly looked up, seeing the absolutely enormous entity, something that could only be described as the Lord of The Woods, at least, in his mind. It exuded authority and power in the eyes of the fairy, as he stared in awe. He saw the woman in the center, holding his sword softly. "W-What's the test M-Ma'am?" He asked, trying to speak with respect like his parents taught him, like when they taught him table manners.

Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1651303043060.png

" As I've stated. A test. A challenge. A TRIAL! " The unknown entity rumbled greatly, so great that the ground below the flying sage would rumble along with her words and the wind would blow pass him as a harrowing gust. " This is a trial of strength. A trial of brawn. To see if you truly have what it takes. This does not happen often to mortals. Your strength is strong but are you truly ready for more power? " The elemental asked with a mighty roar. The large entity in front of Sage held a presence of demanding respect and power. Around Sage, he would notice the ground and trees moved with this mythical being, whenever it spoke or moved, as if the world knew to respect what this monstrous thing demanded, an aura of domination protruded off. This was something much more than just a meer Lord of these Woods. It was a god.

1651303488680.png
" This trial comes at a price. Fail. You will lose part of yourself. Succeed. Receive my boon and become more than what you are, become more than just a fairy. " The elemental boomed, " I am Zylf, the Horns. And you will remember who I am. " The large being raised and pointed one of the massive swords at Sage, resembling a large tree that was sharpened down to a point, resembling a sword. " What you say? Will you face my trials? Or will you retreat and cower like the Fae does? " Zylf taunted, moving her large tree of a sword away from Sage, he would see a figure had appeared behind the sword, in this clearing in front of the large god, an opponent, A warrior made of roots that resembled a warrior. They were humanoid and wore degraded armor, pulling their sword from their scabbard, they held it, ready for their duel. " Heed this warning, Sage, step forward and accept these challenges I have ready. But once you do, you will not be able to leave. Do not use your words, fae, ready your weapon and come forth if you accept. " Zylf slammed one of her sword into the ground, causing the ground to shake momentarily. " Or leave and cower when you hear my name. " Behind Sage the way he was just came from would transform and open up to that first glade he was at with the massive trees.

1651343945821.png

The knight in front of Sage didn't look like much, he looked weak, armor was almost broken, sword was dull and scratch, but yet this warrior still stood up to Sage, ready for the fight. Zylf watched silently, lacking patience.

Sage Litwile

1651254999203.png

Sage felt the rumbling affect him as he tried to keep his balance from the thunderous announcement the entity gave, starting to realize what was going on, that this was a fight between him and something to show he was ready for whatever this creature-.... no, god, wanted him to have. He listened to their announcement, as he tried to think of what he was meant to do. He heard the offer of more power, he slowly looked back up towards the god, slowly beginning to realize the gravity of the situation. He stared upon this god, realizing this would be no easy task, this was a true challenge from something far beyond anything he'd ever met before. But even with how alien everything was, it felt almost familiar, the visage of an elderly man appearing in his mind, before being drowned out by the presence of this being almost immediately.

He heard the ultimatum, the cost of failure vs the rewards of success. This was something he had never really thought of. When people were in danger, he never had a problem jumping to their aid at the risk of life and limb, but there was no one in danger here. Bar himself, should he accept the challenge. He saw the glade appear behind him, the welcoming vistas, the playing animals, so much comfort, so close to him. However, when he felt himself wanting to go to it, he heard his fathers voice. "Did I raise a coward, boy? Would you turn down a power beyond anything anyones ever seen? This is your chance to be somebody boy. And if you don't see that a chance like this won't happen twice, you're even more of a fool than I realized." Sage knew this was something that if he turned down, he'd never get another chance. But more than that, it would only show that he was nothing more than the stupid little kid everyone thought he was to the one thing that had believed he could be more.

So, without care of what should happen if he lost, he turned back to Zylf, the horns, and raised his face to look at her, a courage rising in his eyes and chest.
"I accept the test Zylf, the horns! No matter what I could lose, even my life, it could never be worth more to me than the pride I would lose from running!" He spoke with a clarity he had never held before, his speech impediment practically vanishing. He knew she had told him to not use his words, so instead of waiting for a response, he grabbed the sheath of his Zweihander, and floated towards his opponent, removing the blades sheath and holding the sword tight. He did not discard the sheath, for even the sheath could be used later if he were somehow disarmed.

He would not be such a fool to underestimate the opponent before him, realizing that even if the target did not look like anything impressive, it should not be discarded as weak or treated like it was unworthy. If it was an opponent provided by Zylf, it would be something that would test every fiber of his being, and his heart understood this, because he had the heart given to him by his father, that of a warrior, not of a mere fairy. Despite his understanding that it should not be underestimated, he did not attempt to Appraise it. Because to do so would be disrespectful to the test in his mind.

No matter the outcome of this duel, a growth had occurred in the boy here, as he closed his eyes and shouted out the words that Harlow Hedgerow had told him, with his own spin on it.
"A real warrior never backs down!"

1651355213730.png

Last edited:

Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

1651454617301.png

The large god, beautiful and dangerous, before Sage stared at the fairy as he decided whether to leave or stay, eventually the small flying fairy would fly forward, revealing his answer. Zylf didn't give any emotion as the small fairy unsheathed his large weapon, unique for a fairy to wield. Moving into the arena before him, the way out would close, now a fog moved in around the arena, Zylf and her glowing eyes would be watching the fairy closely, the swordsman held the sword in both hands for a moment into the air in front of their chest. Bowing their head as they gave a silent prayer. Once done, they released and then slashed the sword across the air, taking a stance. The wooden swordsman moved forward.

1651455018153.png

The words of Sage enamored the tree folk, they tilted their head, now moving into another stance, the swordsman now stood with his side towards Sage, moving the sword over both arms, holding the handle with two hands with the blade pointing towards Sage. Taking steps forward, this swordsman seemed to lack patience or tact. Trying to show he was experienced but it showed with how he moved that he wasn't, the tree folk almost tripped over its own foot, surprisingly it did move quite quickly but it seemed really rickety. They then were about twenty feet from Sage, the battle would now begin. Moving in a circle around Sage, the eyes of this warrior couldn't be seen besides the eye holes that were within its head. But it was trying to study Sage, hard to when you got a small body and a large weapon, Quickly the tree folk dashed forward slowly, swinging the sword over their head then back sideways before bringing the blade back, attempting to knock the sword out of Sage's hands, a disarm tactic, or maybe it was banking on trying to get lucky with hitting sage with its dull weapon.

1651455559001.png

Sage Litwile

1651254999203.png
Sage saw the god before him, slowly taking his eye contact away from it to look towards his opponent, holding his blade in front of him. He began to slowly bow as well, thinking that was just what he was supposed to do, as he hoisted the blade up to be ready. Sage took his own 'stance' where he held the blade in front of him, the position making it look like the weapon itself had the butterfly wings. "Let's go!"

Sage saw the inexperience filling the tree folk's steps, feeling a bit bad for them, but figuring it might be a ruse or something, but just in case he would try to do in kind as the tree folk, and not aim for lethality, but rather for disarming. He was originally thinking it just some kind of construct, but from everything about it, it seemed to have a mind of it's own, and Sage never wanted to kill anyone. Even those kidnapping bandits he tried to just immobilize or disarm. With these thoughts in mind, he began his own countermeasures to the woodland knights approach. As the knight made his move, Sage tightened his grip in preparation for his own technique. He swung his blade up towards the knights overhead swing, trying to catch the opponents blade between his Zweihanders handguard and external crescent guard, twisting the two in an effort to either twist the blade out of his opponents hands, or shatter the opponents blade altogether with the motion he made with it.

1651550574580.png

As Sage and the tree folk made their moves, there was a gust of wind that flew through the battlefield, the tree folk's sword slammed into Sage's sword just as he calculated. the tree folk's eyes widen before Sage was able to disarm the man, the gust throwing the sword farther than it should have. The tree folk then threw his hands up, like he surrendered. " Kill it. It does not deserve to live, fairy. " Zylf rumbled, " It lost. It lost the game known as life; it must suffer the consequences. Zylf commands it! " When Sage hesitated to strike it down, Zylf would force him to. Then the sword that flew away came back with the same gust of wind, the tree folk raised his hands up as the sword came back, catching it by the handle, he swung the sword down at Sage for a strike, either Sage took the hit and get critically injured, or he struck the tree folk down since he exposed himself when attacking.

1651551154980.png

Sage Litwile

1651254999203.png
Sage originally didn't want to kill them, but when the sword came back and the knight began to swing back towards him, his eyes widened, realizing the wood man had no intention of sharing the sentiment, Sage glared and swung his blade, having no patience for people who would try to betray his mercy like that. He wanted to spare the woodkin, he truly did, but he was being given no choice, by both Zylf and the kin themselves. So instead, he resigned himself to what he was forced to do, hefting the blade for a large swing upwards from the side of what he now identified as a monster, slicing upwards towards where it's arm was to bisect the creature. After the swing moving to the side to dodge the foes swing, not intent to let himself get brought low by the betrayal swing of a monster.

Instead of relaxing, he braced his blade, looking towards the monster to see if it was going to get up or something, keeping his eye out for any other danger, since he didn't believe the test would be so simple. "I wanted to let you live, but you forced me to do it." He said to himself with a shake of his head, still looking at the now sliced monster.

1651628978408.png

The tree folk's sword slammed down towards Sage, with his quick thinking, Sage was able to slice his attacker in half, the tree folk had a strange look in his eye holes, letting out a strange screech that sounded like wood creaking. Sap seeped out from where Sage's single cut, the tree folk crumbled into two slices and fell over, revealing it's insides, just to be like regular wood on the inside.

1651633313055.png

Zylf looked happy, letting a chuckle out, it almost sounded evil. Very evil. Zylf stabbed it's sword into the ground before Sage, the ground shook violently as gusts of winds blew pass Sage, pushing the fairy back. " Next trial. " The Horns rumbled, the ground did the same, giving out a small tremor after the large earthquake. Removing her sword, a familiar face would appear before Sage, the green cloak flowing in the wind, green eyes glowed behind the helmet. It was Harlow Hedgerow, but this didn't feel like the jolly and polite knight he just met, this seemed like a imitation of said knight. Harlow unsheathed his sword and glowed the same green as his eyes, moving around in a circle, the knight held his sword over his shoulder with both hands, pointing the blade at Sage. Moving with experience, this Knight knew how to fight and wasn't going to be a push over.

1651634153915.png

Last edited:
Sage Valla
1651687992197.png
Sage slowly panted as he saw the tree man fall, not out of tiredness, but out of realization he killed something that could think. But it betrayed him first, so it was fine for him to have done it right? He didn't have a choice, so he didn't really choose to do it, did he? These sort of thoughts began to fade when he heard Zylf start laughing again, realizing perhaps she wasn't as Benevolent as she first appeared, but also knowing there was no going back from this. Only option was to continue from here.

Sage first stumbled a moment in the air when he saw the knight before him, before his eyes noticed the glow behind the helmet, realizing this was not Harlow, it was a mimic, a mere copy. But if it was made by this god, it would be no pushover. This was likely the medium level of the test, since he knew this god probably wasn't go to give him that power without it taking every ounce of effort he had. So with that, he braced his sword up, looking across from him at Fakelow, as he deemed it. He didn't have the same kind of experience as the knight, but he knew of instinct, and this would be where he showed his talent and quick thinking.

He took a careful look at Fakelow's stance, trying to measure up any approach angles he could manage, bracing his sword as he tried to wait to see what Fakelow would do.

1651724443561.png

Fakelow was breathing silently as he circled around the small fairy, looking over his opponent, being a very small target carrying a large weapon, it would be hard to attack Sage as if he was another regular opponent. So instead, Fakelow would have to try and exhaust the fairy or try to get an opening on the fairy. The winds blowed through the arena, Fakelow still moved gracefully around the arena, he was the predator and Sage was the prey. Finally, Fakelow dashed forward and swung his sword from below, Sage would be able to block the attack, blades would be exchanged, the sounds of metal clashing against each other.

1651725275868.png

Eventually after a minute, Fakelow would be able to slash Sage's lead arm it was still usable but would hinder his movements a little, Sage would be able to strike Fakelow on his shoulder, his zweihander would slam through his armor and into his shoulder, he wouldn't let out any sounds of pain but did back up like the attack did hurt, his arm now unusable, he switched arms. Fakelow's straight sword still glowing green, began to generate a strange aura, a green aura surrounded Fakelow as he raised a foot and slammed it on the ground, the ground crackled a bit as a rune of green expanded from his impact into a three-yard radius around him before it faded into nothingness. Fakelow began to circle around Sage again, this would be a good time for Sage to attack now, he was injured after all.

Sage Litwile
1651687992197.png
Sage was no pushover himself, and kept his stance firm. He held his blade up, prepared to do his best to match this Fakelow. Sage blocked the lower swing, using the wind blowing to push himself and his blade to the side in an effort to throw Fakelow off balance with the movement of the blades. He stood there, doing his best to keep his defenses up, knowing Fakelow would be a formidable opponent. However, this is where it became something of a problem.

For this is when he received the wound on his leading arm, his right. It was still usable, but it hurt, and he knew it would lower his performance by a bit. But when his Zweihander slammed into the knights arm, he knew he had landed a worse blow on the opponent. He saw the preparation Fakelow went through with his glowing sword and the runes he formed beneath his feet. It was indeed a good time to attack, however, he was not stupid enough to think that glow and runes were for nothing. So instead, Sage flew over to where he left his sheath on the edge of the ring, throwing it full force at the center of mass of Fakelow, intent on seeing just what that rune circle would do for him against an attack. Despite being a sheath, the force he threw it with was still quite dangerous. He did not drop his guard during any point of this process, keeping his blade between himself and Fakelow with the grip ready to counter any swings coming at him.

1651804830472.png

Fakelow watched the fairy retreat for a moment, still having his guard up the Knight did not move as Sage began his own line of thinking, when Sage threw his zweihander's sheath at the standing knight, as soon as the sheath flew through where the runes ended, Fakelow instinctively slashed the sheath in two, but following after it was a sharp wind that torn the sheath into tatters then into a useless thing of leather. The knight let out a heavy breath before moving towards Sage still injured, having his sword up, this would be a great time to attack now that he was out of his stance and preparation. The knight still came for Sage despite being injured; his tenacity was strong.

1651805400153.png

Sage Litwile
1651687992197.png
Sage realized the danger of those sigils, and knew that it was most certainly best to not get cut. Incredibly high level thinking naturally. However, that radius of the sigil was around 2 feet longer than his Zweihander, so there wasn't really any option to try and outrange him, so Sage would have to play things by instinct, so he did as his mind told him, and attempted an attack with a thrust with the zweihander, trying to bait a swing from the knight, thinking that if he could stop Fakelows swing before it's completion, it would also prevent the spell from reaching completion. The other idea was to go for where he assumed the gap in the armor was, connecting the chestplate and the armor around his hips. All of this while keeping himself behind his Zweihanders Armguard, trying to use it as a shield in case Fakelow forwent defense and tried to go right for him.

1651942799884.png

As Fakelow kept walking towards Sage, he would occasionally dash forward and attempt to strike him, mainly just attacking his sword to keep it away and find an entrance for an attack but he wouldn't be able to. But his wind gale attack would never come, it was almost as if until he activated the rune then he would be able to attack using the wind. As Sage made his attack, thrusting his weapon just as Fakelow attacked, Sage would feel his blade thrust through Fakelow's chest plate, the Knight was barely able to raise his sword up, so instead slammed his hilt into Sage's face, his crossguard would drive itself into Sage's eye, blind him in his right eye as Fakelow held the Zweihander with one hand, blood spilling everywhere. The knight dropped his weapon and fell to his knees. The sword still lodged in his chest, the fake didn't make any noise or sound of pain. Truly a fake.

1651947290090.png

Sage Litwile
1651687992197.png
Sage cried out as his eye was jabbed by the cross guard, blood dripping down as his eye clamped shut instinctively, not opening as long as it was wounded as badly as it was. However, he pushed through, taking a few deep breaths as he saw his blade had struck it's mark. He breathed quickly, taking a moment as he saw the grip on his Zweihander, looking at the Fakelow. "A real warrior..... Never backs down!" He cried out what Hedgerow had told him, with his own spin once more as he hefted the blade, trying to pull it out of Fakelows side to halfway split him in two, and should he manage to rip it out he would twirl around to behead Fakelow, keeping his eye on Fakelow to make sure he wouldn't get caught off guard, glancing occasionally at Zylf, the pain of his eye numbed slightly by the adrenaline.

1652061451583.png

As Fakelow's head was severed from his shoulders, his body fell back onto the ground disappearing into fog that dissipated into nothingness. The head rolled away after bouncing on the ground a couple times, it stopped with the face staring at Sage, green eyes still staring at Sage for a moment before they dimmed into blackness then disappearing into thin air. Zylf cackled evilly watching, " Blood spills. But your trial is yet over. " The Horns called, looking down at the small fairy. " Your last opponent, fairy. " Zylf stabbed their sword into the ground once more, the earth sumbled as the wind gusts blew hard pass Sage. As Zylf's sword was ripped out of the ground, Sage's last opponent was now standing where the sword was at.

1652062099263.png

A warrior stood in front of Sage, a boggle that stood at 3 feet faced Sage, wearing impressive armor and wielding an even more impressive axe that gleamed green. The boggle picked up her axe in one hand that rested on her shoulder. Walking towards Sage without a word, she was real and live. Her eyes glowed green for a moment as she raised a foot and slammed her foot down. the arena around them crumbled with a large shockwave. Showing her strength, she pointed at Sage, " I am Vrel. Zylf the Horns' final trial for fools such as yourself. I have her boon. Her gift. If you deem yourself worthy of her gift. Come forth and claim it! " She raised her axe into the air, a projection of Zylf the Horns appeared behind her in a large green vision before disappearing. Zylf herself watched, entertained with what was transpiring.

Last edited:
What I imagine playing as Sage speaks: Fairy Of War, Sage Litwile

Sage Litwile
1651687992197.png
Sage lifted his sword, flicking the blood off as best he could, slowly looking up towards Zylf. "I'm ready for it!" He called, holding his Zweihander up slowly. He looked down to Fakelows sword, keeping track of where it was in his mind, in case it came into play at some point. He turned once more when he saw Zylf's sword raising, panting softly. The pain of his eye was still giving him a decent jump to his Fight or Flight response, so he still had quite a bit of fight in him.

When he saw the boggle standing there, he slowly breathed. Everything she had was likely superior to his own. However, if there was one thing he knew he had, it was his speed and size advantage. He was very hard to hit, but he knew if she landed a blow it was over. So the answer was to try and use his range advantage, or find a way to lessen the advantage of strength she had. However, as all this happened, he got a plan slowly, starting to think of ways to put it into action.

"I don't know if I'm worthy. But there's only one way to find out! I am Sage! The fairy of war! I will beat you Vrel!" He shouted, giving his own intro to match her own, making up a title for himself on the fly. His wings fluttered slowly in the wind, his gaze firm upon the boggle woman. He was relatively unaffected by the destruction of the arena, due to floating above it. However, he made sure to keep his mental note of Fakelows sword, since it was included in the idea he had. He waited a moment, keeping a defensive stature, trying to see if he could get a gauge of how fast she was and focus on defending against the first strike of hers, preferably dodging or redirecting it, since taking a direct hit would likely be a death sentence.

Last edited:

1652108913454.png

Vrel quickly ran up towards Sage, she was fast even for wearing heavy armor and wielding a large axe with a strange hue on it. She leapt up high into the air, about fifteen feet high and thirty feet far. She took her axe into both hands and came down like a axe, Sage would be able to move out of the way quickly as she came in like a missile. Slamming into the ground with her axe, the earth erupted into a Shockwave of earth bursting from the ground before returning to its natural state in a unnatural way. Standing up the boggle, Vrel, scoffed and began now walking towards Sage. Holding her axe in both hands as she grew closer to the fairy, showing her true strength. It was Sage's move, she showed her true strength and speed. What could he do? Now cutting him off from the sword that was flung away from the crashing and eruptions of earth. She was ready to kill him.

1652109219112.png

Sage Litwile
1651687992197.png
Sage's eyes widened as he flew to the side, dodging the attack as he could, holding his Zweihander as he saw the sword get launched in the distance, quickly trying to think of what his next plan, before slowly looking towards her, thinking she may have some kind of a mind reading ability or something. So instead, he braced his sword, deciding to simply do what he could through the instinct that had guided him thus far. So with his Zweihander held forward, he braced himself for the battle, trying to steel himself against this proverbial mountain he was being forced to climb. He was an insect being forced to fight a giant. But this time, he was determined to make this day the day a flea killed a giant.

He began to circle around, taking the slightest moment to think about what he could do. In a battle of endurance, he was sure she was bound to win after the time Fakelow had spent wearing him down, so he had to try to end this fast, in a way that she couldn't expect. But that was such a difficult task, but one he was must attempt either way. So with this in mind, he charged forth with his Zweihander, keeping his eye on her as he waited for what she would do to defend, his grip on his Zweihander shifted to allow for easier movement instead of rigid defense, since dodging was the name of the game here rather than blocking. As he charged, he attempted to get into closer quarters while only briefly looking at the ground to watch for attacks from the earth now that he knew she could shift it in a magical fashion, since if he could get past the dangerous part of her axe, he would have a better chance at getting a good hit in.

1652141217894.png

Vrel scoffed seeing Sage now coming for her, straight to the point? She liked that. Vrel pulled her axe with hand onto her shoulder, freeing one hand, she raised her foot again and slammed her foot down, bringing her hand down with it, causing another earthquake that shockwaved across the arena. But this time a large pillar of stone appeared in front of Vrel. Within the moment it appeared, Vrel's axe came crashing through, shattering the pillar into smaller stones coming towards Sage. Doing the one thing that would make it nearly impossible for any flier to dodge the flying rubble. On top of the rubble, Vrel had launched herself into the air after the rubble roaring as she came crashing down behind Sage. Slamming into the ground that made the ground erupt farther up than before. Trapping Sage in a cage of flying rubble that he wouldn't be able to escape from.

As the rubble crashed down onto Sage, darkness would take him...

Soon enough, he would awake being dragged by his uninjured arm, he would then be tossed over into the center of the arena, his body would ache and hurt. Sage would be able to move again as his sword was thrown down beside him, Vrel would walk into his vision, her foot on his sword so she wouldn't be surprised by a sudden attack. But even then Sage didn't have the strength to do so. " He is defeated. Weak he is. Shall I kill him? " Vrel asked Zylf the Horns as she dropped the head of her axe into the ground, it glowed a eerie green on its sharp head.

1652142859289.png

There was a evil chuckle, " No. He is awake. Let him stand. " Zylf the Horns demanded. " Fairy. Stand up. " She looked unhappy, the large Elemental that Sage would be able to call a God would down at him, like she knew he would fail.

1652142887141.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back