• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

Titles: Human, Priest, Holy Smiter, Hero of The Fae See, Mage, Fae, Spirit of the Battlefield Ally F, Faculty of Celestine F

mentions: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman

Abilities/cooldown/Actions

Eris took a sip of water as Roger informed the group that Roger was originally a woman Eris spit out the water and started coughing. "Heh!? Roger used to be a woman? Who came up with the name Roger then, and why hide that fact?" She got out as she tried to free the water from her lungs. The whole revelation was crazy to her and something she didn't expect to see coming. I was like getting hit by a truck as she looked between the two for a moment as she tried to comprehend what she had just been told. The fact that there was magic in the world that could do that didn't entirely surprise her, though she didn't expect to come across it.

Eris nodded her head as Roger's if that was even his real name, committed themselves to the task at hand. Which Eris let out a small sigh of relief as the matter at least at for now, was being settled. Though she supposed that she would be more help when they got to the pool, they were in question. But that was a topic for another time; as the group started to conclude and the plan was formed, Eris nodded her head. "Say...." She paused for a moment as she pushed her index fingers together and looked down at the ground. "Since it does get cold and I doubt we will be able to start a fire, we should all probably huddle for warmth tonight." Eris chuckled as she kept pushing her index fingers together. To which she waited a moment for the response and then left.

The rest of the day, Eris sat at the table and opened her book of scriptures not that she needed to read the book, she practically knew the thing from front to back. Every now and then, she stood up and moved about as she watched Mimi from a distance. Not that she felt like anything bad would happen, at least not without there being some sort of commotion. Moving about the ground of the ruined village, she was curious to see if there was anything of interest still left, though she figured the residents more than likely salvaged whatever they could. But figured a walk would be a welcomed change to see what was around.

Eris woke up the next morning as she heard Mimi running around the room; groggily sitting up she rubbed her eyes. Looking around, she saw Mimi running about and started to smell the food. To which her stomach growled instantly as she quickly wrapped her hands around her stomach. Standing up she started to stretch her arms toward the sky and arched her back before joining Mimi as she began to eat the food that was given to them.

As the group was getting ready to set out, Eris heard the praise and made a smug smile as she folded her arms across her chest puffing her chest up a bit in the process. "They dont' call me the Hero of Courage for nothing," Eris chuckled as she let her arms drop after a moment as she looked out toward the horizon. "I do wonder what we will come across though, we did some arrow head further out in the pass so we should be on the look out," Eris concluded as she looked towards Finn for a moment. She figured that he would probably be able to sense most things before they even got close.

Finn the Human

"Hmm? Oh sure Eris, you can join me and Mimi, we usually just lay up together, a real cuddle bug that one." He was more than happy to add Eris to the pile, though she would have to be careful not to get smacked by Mimi in the night... She had a habbit of flailing and kicking... More than a few times hes woke up to a foot in the face and a sore jaw. But when she snoozed away she was so cute!! He couldn't blame her for a little sleep brawling right? Too cute!! Even when she repeatedly beats his chest calling him a "Damn printer."

Since others were getting prepared... He should get sleeping arrangements done... A lean-to with his cloak, abit of bedding hr could get... He kind of felt like a bird making a nest, should he start weaving a big one and hope ladies will like it?

Heh.

Birds...

Ah... Seven... He missed the little one... But he still wondered what she was doing there... And... Ah his failure... He remembered that whole thing... He did his job right but... Then it all went to hell, Tegula, Rowan, Aria... He wondered... What were they doing now... That insect thing... He tried to forget but they were ravaging the west... He was considered a fugitive there... Should he go to help...?

...He should go... After this... He would need help, and to help... But...

It was time for bed...

----------

Finn was... distracted this morning, rest did not come swiftly despite the companions. Mimi to his front adding a bruise to his chest and Eris' suprising cuddles from behind were welcome, but he couldn't shake the feeling of guilt today... But... He had to focus...

"Theres a good deal of land to cross before we reach the Moon well... And the full moon is required besides... I must ask, are you certain?

Roger seems to be fine in their new body, and adapting well..." he remains unsure of the right approach to this situation...

DALL·E 2023-11-15 03.06.27 - anime style image of a fountain in an abandoned desert village. T...png
Roger and Katriel's Adobe, Just outside the Grand Duchy
Afternoon
Roger looked taken aback by Eris's words. "Hide? It was not my intention to hide anything, I am not one for the shying away of such things. We merely hadn't gotten to the point. After all we've only known each other for nigh on half of an hour. There is much we haven't gotten to yet, and I assure you, I have no intentions of hiding any of it. However as for the name..." His charmed smile returned as he took a page from Eris and proudly puffed his own chest. "Isn't it splendid? Rugged, charming, dashing, with just a hint of sensuality. I chose it myself, the name of one of my heroes from my childhood tales. Father was right cross when he heard Katriel use it the first time, nearly caused a brawl between us. Even after I managed to calm him, he was still furious hours later. "Why not use the family name? Why this 'Roger' nonsense?" As if I would ever call myself 'Reginald'." He scowled and looked aside as if in thought, before returning smiling once more to the conversation. "Who I was before is not and never was an honest representation of who I am. The stunning visage before you now is as true as I get. If there is anything else you should like to know, you have but to ask."

The Next Morning
As Finn spoke to Katriel, she turned to see what Roger was doing, waiting a moment for him and Mimi to step outside with a bag of bird feed. "The next full moon is in 9 days, I believe from the maps I have on hand, we have plenty of time to reach the pool, it should all depend on whether we can locate it in time." She held her hands up in a display of non aggression. "Not, that I should blame you if we cannot, I understand it is difficult to locate. As long as we eventually reach it, Roger and I can wait for the next full moon. Even if we lose this place to bandits or weather, we only came here to find a cure for Roger. It has served it's purpose." She got a sullen look and glanced downward. "As for Roger himself... I agree with you, he is quite happy in his new form, and has taken to it rather quickly. He's happier and more at home with himself than he has ever been. I was his handmaiden in his fathers house for many years. I have seen much of Roger, at all stages of his life. But... I can't help but worry. If this had happened at Roger's behest, if it had been the result of his actions and the bestower had been someone with Roger's interests at heart, I would be at peace. But this was a malicious and hateful act done by someone who intended Roger ill will. Perhaps it was coincidence that the only effect should bless Roger instead of curse him, but there could also be unknowns at work. Without the sorceress who laid the magic on him, we don't know what was done. What may still be happening. The moment this curse is undone, I shall do everything in my power to find a way for Roger to be his true self once more, at his agency, and with good intent behind it."

As the group stood prepared to leave, Roger nodded at Eris's mention of the arrow head. "There are several groups in the area that we have encountered. A group of merchants travels between West Empire and the Duchy about once a month, that's where we've gotten most of our supplies. I purchased there entire haul on their first pass, cart and all, as well as gave them a list of things to bring the next time. That's been rather helpful. There are a few nomadic tribes, including one of Desert Elves, like Katriel. They have provided us with meat a few times. But there are several aggressive groups too. As I mentioned, we were beset by bandits multiple times, intent on taking our supplies. We tried to reason with them, hell even offered to help get them established in the complex if they would lay down their villainous ways, but alas it was of no use. Now half of them feed the sands while the others continue to harry us on occasion. I'm not aware of which of these might frequent the pass, we only travelled through it the one time. But I'm sure anything we come across will be no match for us." He flashed his arrogantly charming smile and rubbed the top of Mimi's head roughly.

The travelers quickly reached the pass and began their journey through. Maybe an hour after, Katriel moved to Finn and took out the leather fold containing the information she had gathered.
"I found another diary entry from who I have begun to assume was the head Sister. Or at least, the one the others looked to for leadership. It says that Sister Karaal's interest in these rumors of the spring grew, until it began to pose a problem for the sect. She was given an ultimatum and chose to leave, though she did make several trips back over the next several years. She had left the sect, but was not banished from the complex. she still wanted to give anything that might have proven useful back to the Sisters. But then suddenly, she stopped showing. A year later there was a break in. Whoever did it took many supplies and relics and managed to do so without damaging anything, so they likely had a key. The head of the Sisters believes it was Sister Karaal, or someone she was associated with. But she is never mentioned again. However, one of the other Sisters talks of a man and his wife who came in to be healed. The man had apparently found a strange relic in the south western parts of the See and upon inspecting it, was stricken with a curse. They had the relic on them and it matched one of the items stolen from the sect, though it had been tampered with. Rumors began to circulate that Karaal was responsible, which would confirm that she was the one who visited the Grave Elves, though I am still unsure how it relates to the giant fox entity. When we stop for the night, I shall continue my digging into these documents."

The journey through the canyon was largely uneventful. The group rested for a while after a few hours of walking, Katriel handing out pieces of fruit and nuts to everyone while Roger showed off his sword to Mimi. The was low enough in the sky by this point to cast the canyon in shade so the next several hours were cooler than the first. Mimi had been mostly alright through the first half of the journey, but she began to show signs of distress once more, panting heavily, stopping suddenly, and whining about head aches. Katriel watched her closely as they went, the Wolf Girl alternating between being carried by Finn and Roger. As the sun finally began to sink beyond the horizon, they set up camp. Roger constructed a small tent for Katriel and himself, little more than a covering for a large bedroll, while the Desert Elf coaxed Mimi to help her gather firewood. With a fire started and night finally upon them, Katriel continued to study the documents by the firelight while roger prepared salted meat over the fire for everyone.

When it seemed Mimi was finally asleep as she leaned against Finn's leg, Katriel called Eris over to her. "Pardon me, we have not had a chance to talk much yet. I am not quite familiar with your groups, uh, dynamic yet, are one of you the young Wolfkin's guardian? I am concerned about her. She seems to be displaying signs of a severe head injury. Did something happen to her? I can't do much with the little supplies I have, but perhaps I could give her an examination in the morning? Just to rule out a few possibilities, of course."

Mimi-Grand Duchy-West 1.png
Mimi
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon
Languages: Common | <Beastial>

Mimi lead the group through much of the early hike, running ahead and searching the ground and crevices for things that caught her interest. At one point she returned to Finn with a Small rock that seemed to have a fossil of a small fish embedded in it. roger seemed very interested and slightly jealous of the find, but didn't say anything. When Mimi finally brought a gift to him, he smiled smugly and let out a pleased chuckle that quickly became a startled cry as she placed half a dead rodent of some kind into his hands, which he promptly tossed into the air in shock, before chasing Mimi for a few moments. As they rested at the halfway point, Mimi walked a short distance from the others, fruit in hand, and stared into the distance. She turned to shout back to the others. "I can hear birds, but they don't sound right. And if there are no trees, where do they sleep?"

Her condition worsened during the second part of the trip becoming the all to familiar scene for Finn at this point. She continued to beg Finn and Roger to carry her, trail behind the others when she walked on her own, and muttered things in the growling Beastial language to no one in particular. When they finally stopped for the night, she seemed hesitant to leave Finn's side, but eventually helped Katriel gather fire wood after much convincing and a few berries. She tore at her meat wildly and hungrily and after it was gone, promptly passed out where she sat next to Finn. Her sleep was troubled as it had been for the past week, often crying out about 'presentations", "petty cash", and "temp agencies".

Finn
images (9).jpeg

Growng more and more worried, Finn looked up to Katriel, fully focused on staying near the little wolf. "Shes... Always been like this for the time i've known her. Its been... One or two months. Its gotten worse over time... Seems to always be whispering about something in her sleep and..." Finn was doubly worried now... Her uncharacteristic pain and slowness... "I have healing magics... Surely If I knew the problem I could..." had he been negligent to the poor thing...? Had be been putting a blind eye to this seriousness? Would Mimi sleep and never wake up!?

The man looked too be anxious now, keeping the girl close... "If anybody is her guardian, it'd be me... Its hard not to feel attatched, shes sweet and cute, I feel for her as one might a younger sibling." A hand rubbed the poor sleeping girl's head.

"I promised to not let anything hurt her... But to think she had already an injury... Katriel? Eris? Can anything be done to alleviate this?" He was holding a strong upper lip, but... his eyes were desperate for an answer to help his little friend, he spoke to both of them, hoping beyond hope they had an answer for this...

Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

Titles: Human, Priest, Holy Smiter, Hero of The Fae See, Mage, Fae, Spirit of the Battlefield Ally F, Faculty of Celestine F

• Holfeel's Union - Religion E, Divine Affinity E, Magic E, Energized E, Focus E- Holfeel always listens to the prayers of her followers, upon starting to pray the caster may receive communion with Holfeel, or offer up a gift to her in the hope of gaining some favor. Limited to once a day to receiving anything by narrator's discretion. - Grade E - 0 post cooldown

Eris wasn't sure of what to make of "Rogers" origin story, though; she didn't think it was a lie. There was just much less common sense to it than doing something to that made sense. But she didn't think too much on it as they were now on a journey. Though she hadn't expected to backtrack the way they had come to say the least, she figured they would continue going past the complex they had found. Using the quarterstaff as a walking stick helped push her along as her feet slowly ached, though she would be the last to admit such a thing. Though I suppose this does beg the question of what other things can a curse such as this do? Though how can she be so sure it was a curse? Eris thought to herself brining her hand up to her chin as she pondered the idea for a moment.

As the group continued on toward the pass and the groups of the area were mentioned Eris couldn't help but wonder how so many groups had come to be in an area like that. "Katriel is a Desert Elf, I would imagine they would have been fairly accommodating had you decided to move around with them. Though I couldn't help but wonder why not live with them? Wouldn't they be a bit more accepting of you? I don't see why you both had to got at it alone," Eris paused for a few moments as she tried to make sense of it. Though she was glad for the intel on the are at the very least. While she wasn't judging them Eris did think that the area was a bit dangerous just for two people to be on their own in. Though she couldn't deny the fact that at least the life seemed simple. Something she hoped one day she would be able to just live simply without much worry of current events.

As the day went on even Eris noticed Mimi's condition, it was much like the first time they had gone through he pass. Upon reaching the other side, Eris was able to alleviate the issue for a day. However, she wasn't sure if there was much she could do at the moment. Keeping her attention on Mimi Katriel spoke with Finn about the document she had managed to gather up. Many questions moved through Eris's head as to what could be the issue. Though if Finn had been cursed, then there was probably a good chance something similar happened to Mimi. Though there could be other things, considering Eris did your healing magic it didn't seem to be a physical injury. Though as the wolf-girl was swapped from person to person to carry her concern only grew as she bit her lower lip trying to piece something together.

As they finally reached their stopping point from the day, Eris let out a small sigh of relief, setting her pack down off to the side. As Mimi finally dozed off as Eris took a bite of the salted meat, she heard her name, looking toward Katriel. "No, that would be fine, though this isn't the first time I've seen her like this. I used some of my magic, but it seems to only have put off most of the effects for a short time," Eris replied as she shook her head and looked over toward Finn. What she hadn't expected was to see the Paladin this worried about one person; closing her book of scriptures, she stood up and dusted herself off before putting the book away. She could see the pain in his eyes, looking over toward Finn.

"Without knowing more about what caused it, our options are limited. I can try to relieve the pain and the symptoms but that is only managing the issue at hand. But there is something that might at least give us a glimpse," Eris concluded as she pulled out some of her rations and set it down off to the side. Before walking toward Finn and stopping behind him. Dropping to her knees and wrapping her arms around Finn. "Everything will work out in the end," Eris whispered as she tried to conform him before taking a deep breath.

"Book of Reclimation verse 5-9, Fear not for there is the light and there is the dark, do not falter from the path for even int he darkest of places hope and light will prevail. Even in the trials hold to what light remains and a path shall be revealed." Eris paused for a moment as she finished the verse. "Lady Holfeel, I offer the rations I have placed in the hopes that you would be able to shed some light in the darkness upon this situation," Eris concluded using Holfeel's union upon finishing tightening her grip around Finn ever so more as she rested her head on his shoulder waiting to see if there would be a response.

Canyon wasteland dead trees night stars s-891039884.png
Jevathea's Pass, Western Edge of the Grand Duchy
Afternoon
Katriel smiled at Eris's question and nodded her head. "It's true that we share ancestry, but I have spent my life in the service of Humans like Lord Blacklake- er, I mean... Roger's father. I am not part of their tribe, and, though they probably would have allowed us to stay with them, I hold no particular attachment to them. And they would be less accepting of Roger, being Human." Roger smiled sourly, but seemed to push whatever thought he had aside. "It doesn't matter anyway. We're only here to fix this curse nonsense and put Katriel's mind at ease. I told you, I have no intentions of hiding, even from my father. Once Katriel and I are wed, I intend to live once more in a manor with my wife as is my birthright. I will be a Lord, Blacklake or not. And I shall show others what that truly means."

Night

"Oh, I see. Of course, you have already tried healing magics, it was foolish of me to assume you had not. I am sorry. Hmmmm... If that did not work, then perhaps what ails her is not an affliction of the physical, but the non-physical? Or even the metaphysical?" Katriel pondered as she watched and listened. "Finn, Roger believes you to be someone of honor and worth, and I trust Roger over all others. So if you could have done anything for her, I believe you would have. I do not think this happened on your watch or under your care. You are not to blame." She quieted as Eris approached Finn, allowing the priestess to console her friend.

As Eris finished her prayer, there was slight high pitched whistling sound. I bright, but concentrated narrow beam of light grew from the center of the pile of rations and they seemed to fall into the earth as though it were water, even causing it to splash and ripple as they vanished into the dirt. The light disappeared with them, and the sound silenced. Mimi stirred against Finn. "The beast girl is of many minds." Though it comes from Mimi's mouth, the voice is not hers. Somewhere under the powerful alien voice, the wolf girl can barely be heard. "One who never got her chance is beginning to awaken, another who was driven out is trying to return home, while the last is desperate to hang on, eager to continue the journey she's begun. They will reconcile and unify, or the strongest will survive by devouring the others. While you may aid and guide her on this road, she must reach the end. There is no stopping it now." Mimi goes silent and rests calmly against Finn, before speaking again while still asleep, this time in her normal voice. "The box had my fucking name on it... Those were my tacos... Who eats another person's lunch?"

The Next Morning
Roger and Katriel woke up with the dawn and began to prepare for setting out. As Roger dismantled their tent and rolled their bed, Katriel sliced more fruits and veggies for the groups breakfast. They set off after eating, the first hour of the journey going rather smoothly as they traversed the shaded cool canyon. Roger smiled shifted the pack he carried. "Shouldn't be too long now, before we reach the jungles of the Grand Duchy. Just another day to Aslan, then we can use a portal to somewhere further south. I'll have to check a map, see where we've all been..." Suddenly Mimi stopped, looking around frantically before beginning to run in circles growl and speaking in Beastial. "Uh... What's up with her? Any one understand her? Is that thing you were talking about last ni-" As if in answer to his question, a loud crash sounded from behind them in the canyon, echoing off the walls, followed by another crash ahead of them. Roger drew his sword and stood in front of Katriel. Suddenly a voice boomed down from above, echoing over the top of the canyon, though no figure was present. "Lady Blacklake! Your father requests you return home at once! Surrender yourselves and none of you shall be harmed! We just want her Ladyship!" Roger gritted his teeth in fury and shouted back up to the voice. "Get your ass down here, coward, and I'll show you how much of a Lady I am! Damn you, damn my father, and damn anyone who gets in my way!" There's a brief pause before the voice responds, a single disinterested word. "Fine." Over the top of the canyon comes a volley of arrows, not trained on any targets specifically, but enough to blanket the area.

Everyone is receiveing one attack against them as the arrows rain down.
No targets are currently visible, as they are assumed to be standing beyond the lip of the canyon.

Mimi-Travel 1.png
Mimi

Mimi quickly ate her fruit for breakfast, choosing to leave the vegetables. She seemed her current normal as they travelled, running ahead and waiting for the others, circling anyone she was in conversation with, finding random thing here and there to collect. She had just brought a handful of white rocks to Finn when her ears picked something up. She had been hearing the weird birds again, but no one had seemed interested before. But this time she heard a cough, a very audible cough from a person, who then tried to muffle it. Something wasn't right, her head was telling her something wasn't right. She began to run frantically, trying to explain to the others what was happening, but she couldn't remember how to speak common. "<Someone's following us, I can hear them moving somewhere! They don't want us to know they're there!>" Suddenly a crash from further down the canyon snapped her out of it, another following shortly after. She ran to Finn and stood next to him looing around, when the voice began to speak with Roger. She watched him, wondering why he seemed so angry, when the arrows suddenly rained down. On instinct, her hands moved quickly, knocking arrows aside that were getting to close to her, unsure what to do next.

Action 1: Rapid Assault - Effectiveness 7 (Mimi is using her full Strength C with Natural Weapons F, risking breaking them.)

Current HP: V=3 S=4 CG=3
  • Rapid Assault E
    • Wild Swings F, Fighting Style [Brawling] E
    • 1 Post Cooldown
    • Linked
    • Mimi moves her hands rapidly in a series of swings and blows that seem to follow no set pattern.
      • Strength C (4) + Natural Weapons F (1) + Rapid Assault E (2) = Effectiveness 7
      • (Mimi is using her full Strength C with Natural Weapons F, risking breaking them.)

Last edited:
Finn
85b451f24e0bb53b4993ab4f39a39a83.jpg

"...That was..." now he might've been happy with the embrace of the cute Eris... But... The strange voice coming out of Mimi and explaining she was of not two... but three minds was... Look that was spooky and a half.. not to mention afterwards Mimi started again on about boxes and... Well actually the food part was pretty on point... But.. what was he to do now... Eris was still there and... This was getting abit awkward...

Should he nap...?

"...Thank you... for your... information.." the young man said looking... not the least bit perturbed by the scenario... At all..

He just sighed and held Mimi tightly... Another struggle to meet... Trying to rest he leans his head against Eris's, hoping it'd bring some comfort...

It did not.. that was really creepy..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh great as if things wouldn't get any worse...

he barely slept last night and now this, now they were being accosted by bastards with a penchant for violence as per usual. "Roger do you mind shooing them off, I really rather not get caught up in nobility squabbles... Ah shit.." no sooner had he said that, the arrows came flying... A thing that Finn could only regard with a furrowed brow and a move to cover for Katriel. If Eris could speak to gods.. She could protect herself right..? Mimi was strong.. Roger had armor but katriel.. he didn't know...

"Tsk... Roger, you have but a few seconds to talk them down before I destroy that ridge and send them to the hell they belong for firing upon innocents." the man was not kidding on that part as he did his best to protect one of his new friends from Arrowfire... Though some might be uncertain of his claim, his sword was now shining very brightly with light, light that seemed to humm with strength.

Actions:
1) Static defense of 11 against incoming arrows
2) Raises defenses to protect Katriel.
3) talk and ready to blast

Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range F, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown
  • Consecrated Ground - Barrier F, Selective Magic F, Magic E, Magic Range E, Magic Area of Effect F, Spell Duration F, Religion E, Divine Affinity F, Healing E, Energized E, Focus E- The ground within 10 feet of the point selected become sacred ground for 1 hour. The caster erects a barrier; it takes the form of a church, and allies with minor wounds are healed or prolonged from death. While the caster can select those, who can pass through the barrier. - Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown

1. Defend
2. Holfeel's Verdict
3. Consecrated Grounds

Eris was a little shocked as the light came down and the offerings were taken. However, what happened next was something even more strange than that; there was now an alien voice coming from Mimi. As the voice explained the situation, Eris had a light bulb pop off in her head. But the whole thing ended before she couldn't even ask more about what was happening. To which she looked down at Mimi as she once again rested; though now there were a few of the questions answered there were, at least for now, some answers. But that did lead to the question of how the three minds had been put together in the first place.

The rest of the night was uneventful, as several of the questions from the voice ran through her mind. Though eventually she managed to fall asleep, the following day she sat up and stretched her arms toward the sky and rubbed her eyes. Eris watched Mimi the following morning trying to see if there was going to be any change from the day before or not. Though much to her relief the wolfgirl was running around and being her usual self or at least what Eris had seen thus far.

As Mimi started to run around in circles when they were in the pass and then the voice Eris stopped in her tracks. Looking around to see if there was anyone on the ground or not. When Roger told them to come down and the arrows started to fly in the sky. Eris started spinning her quarterstaff above her head as she attempted to prevent the arrows from reaching her. Quickly following it up, she opened the scripture book up, "Book of The End Verse 4-7, Those who stray from the path are subject to thy Lady's judgement. You have been condemned and the corruption shall be cleansed by her holy Verdict!" As she finished the chant aiming at the lip closest to where the arrows had come from as an explosion of holy energy erupted.

Quickly following up with the consecrated ground, “Book of Icarus verse 16-20, in the beginning, there was nothing, weary travelers rest upon my gentle light. The faithful shall never want for protection, for I am the church and maker of holy ground. The foundation is my very soul; I consecrate this ground!” As Eris finished the chant centering the 10 ft barrier on the group hoping to shield them from the on coming attack if there was a second volley.

Last edited:
Jevathea's Pass-Lord Bara.png
Morning
Roger moved to protect Katriel and saw Finn doing the same, his cheeks huffing out in a frustrated pout, but he quickly regained himself, wrapping his arms around Katriel and stepping behind Finn with her. "I'm not talking down no one, blast away, knight errant!" A single arrow grazed his shoulder, causing him to wince lightly, but nothing serious. As the assault died down, he turned to the others. "If we press against the cliff they won-" He was cut off by the eruption of Divine Light on the cliff above, followed by the erection of a ethereal church around them, looking up in awe. "Well, that works too." They all stood a moment, waiting, but nothing seemed to be happening. Katriel pulled Roger down to look at his shoulder. "Roger! You're hurt." He smiled and played it off cooly. "It's nothing love, just a scratch. It's what happens in the line of duty. See, the good priestess Eris's magic are already taking care of it." Katriel frowned and smacked the back of his head. "No, it's what happens when you let your emotions get the better of you. Finn had me covered, you should have protected yourself." Roger rubbed his and nodded. "Aye, your right. Old habits and what not." He turned to Finn and held his hand out. "Thank you, Finn, for protecting Katriel. I admit another man protecting my woman causes baser thoughts to flood my head, but I am trying to be a better person. Your aid is appreciated." He turned and smiled at Eris. "As is yours, this magic is quite impressive." Katriel pressed close to Roger. "D-Do you think they are gone?" He frowned and looked up at the cliff. "I'm not sure. Nothing seems to be happening. Hey, wolf sister, do hear anyth- Oh, shit..."

System:
  • Arrow Barrage E
    • Attacker fires in rapid succession to blanket a small area in projectiles.
      • Standard Bow E (2) + Precision D (3) + Arrow Barrage E (2) = 7 Effectiveness
Finn:
Current HP:
V=6 S=6 CG=6
  • Static Defense
    • A basic Defensive Action with no special qualities.
      • Full plated armor B (5) + Vitality A (6) + No Ability (0) = 11 Effectiveness
  • Static Defense - 11 Effectiveness vs. Arrow Barrage E - 7 Effectiveness = No Damage Dealt

Eris:
Current HP: V=6 S=3 CG=3
  • Static Defense
      • Iron Quarterstaff C (4) + Speed D (3) + No Ability (0) = 7 Effectiveness
  • Static Defense - 7 Effectiveness vs. Arrow Barrage E - 7 Effectiveness = No Damage Dealt

• Holfeel's Verdict C
    • Religion E, Magic C, [Divine] Affinity F, Spell Duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Selective Magic E
    • Range 100 ft.
    • Area of Effect 50 ft.
    • Duration 1 hr.
    • Selective
    • 3 Post Cooldown
    • The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft.
      • Iron Quarterstaff C (4) + Intelligence A (6) + Holfeel's Verdict C (4) = 14 Effectiveness
      • Eris is using her full Intelligence A with Catalyst C, risking Damaging it.
  • Holfeel's Verdict C - 14 Effectiveness vs. Unkown ? - ?? Effectiveness = ???
    • Iron Quarterstaff C takes 1 Damage
  • Consecrated Grounds E
    • Barrier F, Selective Magic F, Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, spell Duration F, Religion E, Divine Affinity F, Healing E, Energized E, Focus E
    • Range 100 ft.
    • Area of Effect 15 ft.
    • Duration 1 hr.
    • Selective
    • 0 Post Cooldown
    • The ground within 10 feet of the point selected become sacred ground for 1 hour. The caster erects a barrier; it takes the form of a church, and allies with minor wounds are healed or prolonged from death. While the caster can select those, who can pass through the barrier
      • Iron Quarter Staff C (4) + Intelligence A (6) + Consecrated Grounds E (2) = 12 Effectiveness
      • Eris is using her full Intelligence A with Catalyst C, risking Damaging it.
  • Consecrated Grounds E - Effectiveness 12 vs. No Contest = Effects Applied
    • Iron Quarterstaff C takes 1 Damage

Mimi:
  • Rapid Assault E
    • Wild Swings F, Fighting Style [Brawling] E
    • 1 Post Cooldown
    • Linked
    • Mimi moves her hands rapidly in a series of swings and blows that seem to follow no set pattern.
      • Strength C (4) + Natural Weapons F (1) + Rapid Assault E (2) = Effectiveness 7
      • Mimi is using her full Strength C with Natural Weapons F, risking breaking them.
  • Rapid Assault E - Effectiveness 7 vs. Arrow Barrage E - Effectiveness 7 = No Damage Dealt
    • Mimi's Natural Weapons F are broken for the remainder of the RP

Roger:
Current HP:
V=4 S=3 CG=3

• Static Defense
      • Noble Half-Plate D (3) + Vitality C (4) + No Ability (0) = 7 Effectiveness
  • Static Defense - 7 Effectiveness vs. Arrow Barrage - 7 Effectiveness = No Damage Dealt
Health Calculations:
  • 1 Damage from Static Defense [Katriel]
  • 1 HP Recovered from Consecrated Grounds E [Eris]
Katriel:
Current HP: V=1 S=2 CG=2

• Static Defense
      • Human Noble D (3) + Speed E (2) + No Ability (0) + Team-Up Bonus [Finn] (1) = 6 Effectiveness
  • Static Defense - 6 Effectiveness vs. Arrow Barrage - 7 Effectiveness = 1 Damage dealt by Arrow Barrage
    • Damage applied to Human Noble D

No Targets visible.
No attacks against you.
Combat is still active.

Mimi-Lord Bara 3.png
Mimi

Mimi was successful at knocking the arrows away as she moved back toward the others, preventing any major injury. A miss timed swing, however, sent a wave of pain up her arm as an arrow head pierced her hand. Luckily the assault was at it's end as she reached the others, Eris's magic soothing the pain, but the arrow was still stuck. She dropped to the ground and begin to bite at it, trying to get it out of her hand, to no avail. That was when Roger noticed the girl and approached to try to help her. She let out low growls as he got close, her hair standing up. "H-Hey, don't growl at me! I'm trying to help you!" Roger reached toward Mimi causing her to snap in his direction. He pulled his arm back and looked to Finn. "Maybe you should take this one." He turned back to Mimi. "Can you at least tell us if there are any more alive up there?" Mimi gave him an angry look before shouting at him in Beastial. "<I don't think anyone's still up there, I can't hear anything! But it doesn't matter cause you can't understand me anyway! I can't say the words! The language! I can't remember it! Just bark and growl!>" Roger looked at the others for help, having no clue what the girl was saying. Suddenly Mimi's ears twitched and the girl sniffled and calmed as she listened. "<Hey, wait I do hear something! It sounds like a... like a wheel?... but different...? Like a wheel on the road! Or... lots of them...?>" She turned to the others with a confused look.

Last edited:
Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range F, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown 1/3

Eris waited for the rubble from the blast to come down on top of them, but looking up after a moment when things had settled down, she let out a small sigh. "Well I don't think we have to worry about at least not right now," Eris concluded as she dropped the barrier as she started to examine her quarterstaff, hearing some cracking sounds that come from it when casting her spells. Looking up she didn't see anything so she turned her attention to those around her as it seemed a few of them had gotten injured. When Roger spoke to her she zoned back in on the topic at hand.

As Eris heard Rogers praise she puffed up her chest a little and folded her arms across her chest. "I might be a hero and all that but the credit must really go to my Goddess," She stated letting her arms drop back down to their normal position. She then looked over at Mimi who was growling and moving around, though she had no idea what the girl was saying. To which Eris awkwardly just scratched her cheek unsure of what to say about the whole matter. She was no translator and she was just hoping that sign language would be of some benefit she hoped.

Eris walked over towards Finn as she held her quarterstaff behind her and leaned forward a bit so she had to look up at Finn. "My magic comes in pretty hand in most situations, you need a barrier I got you, you need something blown to bits I got it covered," Eris smiled warmly looking up at Finn as she concluded her statement all the while waiting to see how he would react.

Finn
9be2f6398519ff8a4df81cad6172416a.jpg

"...Huh..." well.. Eris made short work of that... general.. direction... He could see the strength of that spell, she was good at what she does most certainly. The knight flicked his sword, bringing the light glow to a small hum. The young man stood straight once more, looking at Roger who was now.. struggling with mimi. "Gods.. did she do that again..." Finn sighed, giving a shrug of disappointment.

"Mimi! I told you before to take care to not swing to hard with your nails!" he called up like a concerned parent.. "I knew I should have gotten her that knife... Sure she could take down the arrows but she hurt herself..." the knight continued his grumbling... Only for his vision to be taken up by Eris.

Leaning forwards and being... very cute... Ah... She was... What the heck why not.

The man put on a smile and patted his comrade on the head as he might the little wolf. "Your doing wonderful Eris, It was a beautiful spectacle." his fingers ran through her hair lightly, only stopping to tap her on the tip of the nose.

Morning
While Mimi is distracted and trying to speak to the group, Roger Quietly and assumingly moves behind her, grabbing her suddenly. "Ho-Hold still and I'll have it out of you." The Wolf Girl starts to growl and struggle, but Roger holds tight until he can snap the arrow and yank it out of her hand, causing her to let out a yelp of pain. "There. It's out now. Better?" Mimi immediately calms down and her tail begins to wag. Roger sighs and shakes his head in resignation "Well, we may as well keep moving if we have no way to che-" He's interrupted by two sounds; Mimi letting out another yelp of surprise, and the smashing of a barrel as it crashes into the ground next to her, spilling its cargo of a fine black powder over the canyon floor. Roger's eyes go wide and he scoops Katriel up in his arms before taking off down the canyon in the direction they were heading, as more barrels begin to crash around the group. "Run!"

Mimi-Kingdom 3.png
Mimi

Mimi was staring at the others, hoping they were able to comprehend her message, but unsure what the implications of her message were. She didn't notice as Roger snuck up behind her and suddenly grabbed her. "<H-Hey! What are you doing? Let go of me! I'll bite you! I'll scratch you! I'll - AAAAhhhhhhh!!!!>" She let out a high pitched yelp as the arrow was pulled through her palm, but then sat still looking at the wound as it suddenly vanished. "Hey, it's out now!" She smiled and her hand out to show the others as her tail wagged. But before she can get a moment to relax, she lets out another yelp as a large barrel crashes into the ground next to where she was sitting, a fine black powder spilling out of it. It smelled of rotten eggs. As she looked at it, Roger suddenly bolted past her, drawing her attention as he shouted for them to run. Another barrel burst nearby, causing her to jump, and she turned to run after Roger.

Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range F, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown 2/3

Eris stood there momentarily as she smiled and then felt something on top of her head. As she glanced up, she saw Finn's arm stretched out to her and his hand on her head. Rubbing her head against his hand as she felt his fingers run through her hair and then booped her on the nose. Which caused her to pull her head back a little. Just as she was about to say something, there was a loud crashing sound. Looking over she saw the barrel and then there was the black powder that was inside the barrel.

Eris cocked her head to the left slightly approaching the barrel as then several others came crashing down. When Roger quickly scooped up Katriel and told them to run Eris gave a confused look for a second until she realized what the powder was. "Right behind you," She then went to grab Mimi and started to run in the direction that Roger had. The fact they had black powder with them surprised her.

"They really must want Roger back or I just pissed them off that much. Eris thought to herself as she looked back over her shoulder to see what Finn was going to do. Knowing him she had a feeling he would be fine. She figured he would do something heroic or cleve a mountain in half or something, though to what end she wasn't sure. But she had a feeling he was probably the safest of the group in terms of protection.

Finn
1c9b363dcac1bd6d71bdff81c71fe5d6.jpg

"Fire bombs... Tsk... They have no clue who i am do they... I thought maybe I'd have gotten a reputation by now, but..." The knight looked towards his compatriots and motioned for Katriel to join them in running. He knew his abilities... But... Could he truely just cut through their whole terrain...? Tsk... They were throwing damn explosive powder on them should he really play merciful...? The wages of Mercy... That fox man from back during that mission for the See...

He gave mercy then... And got hurt for it...

Sometimes evil was just evil... They struck first, they gave up on diplomacy, they deserve what they begot...

He grabbed Katriel over his shoulder like a wet sack of potatoes and rushed off, grabbing Eris over his other shoulder as he ran. "Quickly now! I need a damned angle on them, otherwise I'll cut dirt alone." he spoke up to the others, trying to see if he can spot the ne'erdowells from below...

Last edited:
Morning
As the group ran down the canyon, a few more crashes sounded behind them before a loud explosion shook the ground, blowing dust and bits of rock past those fleeing. "What the hell are they doing?! Clearly my father wouldn't pay them for bringing me back in tatters!" Roger held Katriel close to prevent the dust from getting in her face. As they rounded a bin they were suddenly met with a wall of collapsed stone and dirt blocking the way. "Well, that seems to explain the sounds we heard earlier. The way back must be blocked too..." Katriel looked up at the mound of rubble. "We could probably climb it, it just might leave us vulnerable." Roger nodded in agreement. "Well, we've got to do something. Surely they aren't spent yet."

Mimi-Casual Dress 1.png
Mimi

Mimi moved quickly, holding her hands over her pockets to keep her things from spillin gout. She tried to hang back and even gave Roger a push and one point. As the canyon erupted in flames and noise behind them, she moved her hands to cover her ears. As the dust settled, she continued after the others, coming to the wall of rubble. "I-I can help!" She ran to it and started to pull rocks down, though it appeared to be making little progress.

Finn
images (9).jpeg

"Tsk... Are you certain their truely attempting to capture you with explosives like that?" The knight sighed, kicking a rock that tumbled away. "A volley of arrows and damned blackpowder shower, its as if their going to bring you back dead.

What in blazes is going on here..." the man eyed the high cliff, trying to peer up to the place on high... His blue eyes scanning the cliff, trying to figure out where they damn well are... His strike would have to be emough to scale the cliff... But would it be enough to scatter them and scare those left to death and make them flee...? He could but... What is the answer...

He watched Mimi for a moment, wondering if simple brute force was the answer... The girl was so earnest... Doing her best to dig through, they were stuck from going that way, perhaps they should simply go another way...?

Then a thought occured...

"If they blocked this way, no doubt they intend to come at us from the other direction with a force to cut off retreat. We should find another way, but be warry." He spoke up on his idea, but really what other option did they have beyond him guving up and attempting extreme violence. He was trying to do this without erupting the countryside after all...

Cluilia Calogera.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Consecrated Ground - Barrier F, Selective Magic F, Magic E, Magic Range E, Magic Area of Effect F, Spell Duration F, Religion E, Divine Affinity F, Healing E, Energized E, Focus E- The ground within 10 feet of the point selected become sacred ground for 1 hour. The caster erects a barrier; it takes the form of a church, and allies with minor wounds are healed or prolonged from death. While the caster can select those, who can pass through the barrier. - Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown
1. Used Consecrated Ground

As the group made it to the fallen rock, she looked back over her shoulder as the group seemed trapped for the moment. "Well, we have to do something about this. If we stay here, we are as good as dead or captured or whatever," Eris told the group as she watched the ledges of the cliffs, waiting to see if there was anyone who would poke their head out. Though this wasn't a position she particularly wanted to be put in. As she looked back over her shoulder to see Mimi start digging, Eris smirked. "Maybe help Mimi dig through the rubble I think I can keep this area safe for a bit," Eris stated.

As her grimoire opened, “Book of Icarus verse 16-20, in the beginning, there was nothing, weary travelers rest upon my gentle light. The faithful shall never want for protection, for I am the church and maker of holy ground. The foundation is my very soul; I consecrate this ground!” As Eris finished the chant centering the 10 ft barrier on the group hoping to shield them. "Now please find a way out of this please," Eris concluded holding her ground.

1702449284881.png
Morning
Roger watches Finn and Eris take ready positions, a look of determination crossing his face momentarily, before a tug at his sleeve by Katriel softened his look. "All right, You two handle it. We'll help Mimi. Our safety is in your hands, so no doubt we shall be fine." He gave a smile of solidarity before turning to set Katriel down and the two of them began to help Mimi clear the rubble. They make a small bit of headway when the sound of footsteps echoes off the walls of the canyon. The foot steps slow and a moment later, about thirteen figures round the corner of the canyon and take up an assault position. A well equipped man leads the formation, and steps forward while the rest take aim with bows. "You're trapped. Give up and hand over the girl. Lord Blacklake doesn't care about any of the rest of you, he just wants Lady Blacklake retur-" A rock strikes the man in the head, having flown from Rogers hand as he huffs indignantly. "Quit fucking calling me that! I'm twice the Lord my father or any of those other self-important do-nothings are." The man leading the Mercenaries, holds his hand up and the rest draw there arrows back, waiting for the command.

Mimi-Lord Bara 1.png
Mimi

Mimi ripped, yanked, and tossed rocks off the pile as fast as she could. Though her hand was healed, it still felt sore, occasionally eliciting a wince from her as she worked. She paused her work to watch when the group showed up, she laughed as Roger unleashed the rock against the man, eagerly holding another out to the young man. "Hit him again- Hey, my common is back!" Her ears twitched at the sound of the bows however and Mimi got worried. But Finn was with them. And Eris. And even Roger had proven he was a good person. She felt a warmth grow deep within her chest and gasped slightly in surprise, waiting eagerly for the hammer to fall. "B-Be safe." [1]

Action 1: Unwavering Faith - Effectiveness 4

Roger
Current HP: V=4 S=3 CG=3
  • Basic Attack
    • A basic Attack Action with no special qualities.
      • Stone F (1) + Precision F (1) + No Ability (0) = 2 Effectiveness
    • Basic Attack - 2 Effectiveness vs. Surprised - No Effectiveness = 2 Damage Dealt by Basic Attack
Mimi

• Unwavering Faith F
    • Magic F, [Wish] Affinity F, Magic Area of Effect F, Spell Duration F, Componentless Magic F, Bolster [Strength] F, Bolster [Precision] F, Bolster [Intelligence] F, Bolster [Vitality] F, Bolster [Speed] F
    • Area of Effect 15 ft.
    • Duration 1 hr.
    • 0 Post Cooldown
    • 4 Charges/RP
    • May only be used on up to 3 others/RP
    • Must be cast at Grade F
    • Mimi believes in her friend with all her heart, boosting all their Stats by 4 Grades.
      • Componentless Magic F (1) + Intelligence E (2) + Unwavering Faith F (1) = 4 Effectiveness
  • Unwavering Faith F - 4 Effectiveness vs. No contest = Effects Applied
    • All Roger's Stats increase by 4 Grades
    • All Katriel's Stats increase by 4 Grades
    • All Eris's Stats increase by 4 Grades
Eris
Current HP: V=6 S=3 CG=3
  • Consecrated Grounds E
    • Barrier F, Selective Magic F, Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Area of Effect F, spell Duration F, Religion E, Divine Affinity F, Healing E, Energized E, Focus E
    • Range 100 ft.
    • Area of Effect 15 ft.
    • Duration 1 hr.
    • Selective
    • 0 Post Cooldown
    • The ground within 10 feet of the point selected become sacred ground for 1 hour. The caster erects a barrier; it takes the form of a church, and allies with minor wounds are healed or prolonged from death. While the caster can select those, who can pass through the barrier
      • Iron Quarter Staff C (4) + Intelligence B (5) + Consecrated Grounds E (2) = 11 Effectiveness
  • Consecrated Grounds E - Effectiveness 11 vs. No Contest= Effects Applied
    • Barrier Current HP = 10

Finn
a0f458f92fa438a35fcb243ea3c039d9.jpg

"...Hrmm..." it was... Inescapable it seems. If he were to get through this without having his friends come to harm... It would need to be done... The young man step forwards, sizing up the target of the cliff... He would need to hit it hard, not cause a cave in but blast the side away... And the fools above who dared to try and hurt his charges... Arrows without care, explosives... They weren't holding back, underestimating him and everyone else at a glance...

From Roger's words... It seemed these were the type of people used to such things...

A spark lit in his chest... How he hated this... "Always looking down on others... Too busy sneering to come to understandings..." The young man gritted his teeth and planted his feet. It didn't matter who they were, they were seem as inferior, just for living, just for daring to deny a... NOBLEMAN'S orders. Oh that absolute power that comes from on high. Nothing in this world could possibly ever defeat the nobleman and his money!

Nothing but a poor man who cares for nothing but the things one cannot buy!

Finnegan Huttman, a man who held great power but not a ryke to his name...

Today he gives them their just desserts!

"Oh light, heed me." He held his sword before his own face, closing his eyes to begin his fateful prayer to no god or master. He spoke from the heart, and the weight of his heart they will face.

"Dream, the impossible dream...
Fight, the unbeatable foe...
Bare, with unbareable sorrow...
Run, where the brave dare not go..."

Each line he spoke, the sword grew brighter, as if each utterance broke a chain upon the power that was held back.

A willing binding.

"Right, the unrightable wrong...
Be, better far than you are...
Try, when your arms are too weary...
To be willing to give, when theres no more to give...
To be willing to die! SO THAT HONOR AND JUSTICE MAY LIVE!

SO I FOREVER REACH-"

The light broke forth, it resounded with a shattering of the final chain upon the blade. The sword beneath, but a catalyst, for the beaming blade of light was nothing more than the purest fury of the heart!

"For The Unreachable Star!"

A Convocation of power, a sworn pact, he swung with the power of a dream ever beyond reach but always sought!! They shall know the strength of one who does not stop chasing it.

The Unreachable Star, Fighting Style B, Area B, Selective B, Holy Affinity F, Drain Strength E, Accurate F, Multi-Dimensional , A full power destructive wave against all foes, this ability covers a vast area, whilst being utterly harmless to those deemed ally to the user. A dream ever out of reach. Grade B 3 post cooldown

Range 5 miles, Selective B to harm the wicked, Drain Strength E.

Multidimensional, so that the foe may never hide.

New Eris.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown
  • Holfeels Divine Weapon II - Religion E, Magic E, Divine Affinity F, Energized E, Magic Duration F, Focus E - The user channels their mana into a medium and takes the shape of a melee weapon of their choice on striking a target dealing divine damage to the target the weapon lasts for 1 hour. - E grade - 0 Post Cooldown
1. used Holfeel's Verdict
2. Used Holfeels Divine Weapon II
3. Defend

As the mercenaries finally showed their faces Eris was actually surprised by that. She began to wonder how many of them she had taken out before they started to throw the black powder into the canyon. There was still much unknown looking back over her shoulder as Roger and the mercenary leader spoke the family feud seemed to be getting deeper and deeper. For a moment, she thought the fight was about to start then and there when Roger threw the rock at the mercenary and hit the man in the head. Well this keeps getting more and more interesting, to say the least. She thought to herself.

Her thoughts were cut off as Finn started to chant something, though she wasn't sure if that was a prayer to a specific god or just something he was saying to draw forth the power. Though her eyes were drawn to the sword as it continued to glow brighter and brighter, not sure what was going to happen next. she once again looked back over at the mercenaries as the archers drew their bows. Glancing back at Mimi as she continued to try and dig through the rubble though it seemed like it was taking some time.

Letting out a small sigh, she figured she might as well give it her all in this situation,
"Book of The End Verse 4-7, Those who stray from the path are subject to thy Lady's judgment. You have been condemned, and the corruption shall be cleansed by her holy Verdict!" Waiting for Finns wave of energy to reach the target before she let her own ability off, targeting the mercenaries far enough back that the edge of the blast wouldn't hit friendlies. As the explosion went off she quickly followed up as another page of the scriptures opened. "Book of Icarus verse 9-11, Be my weapon and deliver those to the light for I command you. Take up arms and bet he bear of my holy weapon!" As she finished the chant her quarterstaff was surrounded by divine energy and took the shape of a Warhammer. Though she stayed in place waiting to see what was about to happen next.

Morning
As Finn's sword began to glow, the man lowered his arm signaling the bowman to release. A wall of wood and steel shot forward slamming into the Eris's cathedral of light. Roger shielded Eris instinctually, grabbing her and turning to put his back to the incoming assault. The barrage shattered against the holy barrier as the projectiles each erupted into sparks of blue and yellow. The leader lifted his hand again and the sound of bow strings stretching echoed off the canyon walls as Finn finished his incantation, Eris's scripture following close behind. As the commander lowered his arm once more, the canyon lit up brighter than the morning sky. A wave of divine light surged forth from Finn's sword, filling the chasm from cliff to cliff as Holfeel's holy power materialized in the air above the enemy, streaking down in thin beams of light, the pillars of heaven colliding with the river of justice in an unstoppable reckoning. Eris stood ready, weapon in hand as the light and dust cleared, revealing a field of bodies. Katriel was the first to speak. "I-Is it over? Are they gone?" As Roger turned to see what had become of their assailant, he grinned widely. "I told you they would help us. This is the true power of Finnegan Huttman and Eris Granstone, Heroes of the See."

THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD
Ultimate Divine Justice Z - Effectiveness GOD vs. Some leathery boyz = Fucken dead... -.-
Finn
Current HP: V=6 S=6 CG=6
  • The Unreachable Star B
    • Fighting Style B, Area B, Selective B, [Holy] Affinity F, Drain [Strength] E, Accurate F, Multi-Dimensional, Energize B
    • Radius 5M
    • Selective
    • Accurate
    • Drain [Strength]
    • Multi-Dimensional
    • 3 Post Cooldown
    • A full power destructive wave against all foes, this ability covers a vast area, whilst being utterly harmless to those deemed ally to the user. A dream ever out of reach.
      • Steel Greatsword B (5) + Strength A (6) + The Unreachable Star B (5) = 16 Effectiveness
  • The Unreachable Star B - Effectiveness 16 vs. Basic Defense - Effectiveness ??? = ???
Eris
Current HP:
V=6 S=3 CG=3
  • Holfeel's Verdict C
    • Religion E, Magic C, [Divine] Affinity F, Spell Duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Selective Magic E
    • Range 100 ft.
    • Area of Effect 50 ft.
    • Duration 1 hr.
    • Selective
    • 3 Post Cooldown
    • The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft.
      • Iron Quarterstaff C (4) + Intelligence B (5) + Holfeel's Verdict C (4) = 13 Effectiveness
  • Holfeel's Verdict C - Effectiveness 13 vs Basic Defense - Effectiveness ??? = ???

Mimi-Grand Duchy-West 1.pngMimi

Mimi squinted and covered her eyes as the bright light began to dissipate, the spots finally clearing from her vision to reveal the defeated enemy laying face down on the canyon floor. "We did it!" She ran in small circles around the group happily, stopping to hug Finn before her eyes suddenly went wide. "Oh, right, the rocks!" She moved over and began quickly tossing rocks to the side, starting to make a dent in the pile as she cleared the rubble away. Roger joined her and soon the rubble was reduced enough that the group could climb over easily. Roger helped Katriel down the other side and glanced out at the jungle in the distance. "Finally out of that canyon. Well, onward to Aslan I suppose, then south to find that spring." Mimi's tail wagged and she smiled happily as the group convened. "It's really pretty and neat!" She looked at Finn mildly concerned. "Do you think Meranzen missed me?"

New Eris.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown 1/3

As the smoke cleared and dust settled Eris had been primed for another trap to come about. When she was certain that the threat was gone she dispelled the weapon as the divine weapon disappeared. Letting out a small sigh as Katriel asked if it was over, to which Eris looked back over her shoulder and nodded her head. "I think so, though I wouldn't want to be staying around in case there was a back up plan," Eris suggested as she took a few steps forward and bowed her head.

"Merciful Holfeel guide the souls here toward your welcoming light so they might find peace in the next cycle," Eris concluded her prayer as she then turned back around after a moment of silence. Her eyes stopped on Finn for a moment. Grinning from ear to ear as she let out a small giggle and jumped toward the knight attempting to wrap her arms around him. "Onward unto dawn and all that," Eris chuckled.

Finn
1c9b363dcac1bd6d71bdff81c71fe5d6.jpg

the knight let out a large sigh, he didn't want to do that, but they forced his hand... The blatant uncaring for life, the destruction they caused simply for being denied... Revolting... It burned him with fury at the thought. Were it not him, would they have harmed another? Would they have killed that poor group?

"...What was that name...? Perhaps I should give this lord a visit...?" his teeth clenched, his fists tightened... Punishment... Perhaps that is why he was given this power. To enact punishment on those who dare miss use their vaunted "nobility" and demand the world of those who cannot or are not willing to give it. Simply because they have money...

Money...

He had none of it in truth... He.. hated having it in hand...

It felt like it corrupted him whenever he had too much... Paying away a problem felt... Wrong...

But at times he had to, if it was towards a goal he would have it.. But...

Collecting for it's sake... to gain prestige...

His strength was beyond that.

His thoughts, as dark turning as they were, were shattered as he was given a hug from the priestess amongst them. Eris, a sweet thing, seemed joyful that they won the day... But Finn's thoughts were on the next... He gave her a smile, once brought up from habit than true happiness. "You did wonderfully." he patted her on the head, very much like he would his wolven friend.

"Very well done..." he spoke with a sigh, hyis thoughts still plaguing him. "We must go, we've... Much distance to cover."

Various Locations throughout the Grand Duchy and the See
5 Days
The rest of the trip to Aslan was uneventful, allowing them to reach Aslan on schedule. One more night camping under the stars was all that stood between them and the Grand Duchy capital. The group enjoyed the comforts that the spectacular city had to offer, while Katriel and Roger searched for more clues on the Curse Cleansing Pool and Sister Karaal. They rested in an out of the way inn before leaving the following morning, taking a portal a short distance south and saving around a day of the trip. Another four days of traveling south brought them to the woods surrounding Meranzen's Cabin. During the trip, Katriel gave her findings to Finn. "It seems Sister Karaal kept detailed notes while she was still part of the hospice. She has fair number of accounts from people on the legends of the curse spring. None of them mention this fox being, Sa'Roka, though. However... Something caught my eye. It was just a single line, most would probably over look it, but... with all the information at hand, I think it might be pertinent. She talks quite a bit about how those who emerge from the spring are, well, better off from the experience... And she poses the question of what might happen if someone were to be cured of a large quantity of curses at once... Her entries stop three days later... I think the safest conclusion here is that she went to the spring with the intent of testing this query... I-If the fox referred to itself as Sa'Roka, and the Grave Elves referred to Sister Karral as Sa'Roka... Is it possible the fox is Sister Karaal? I don't understand the logic behind it, but the clues seem to add up... That is all I could uncover from my search through the documents."

They reached the pool around noon on the day of the full moon. Mimi immediately dressed down to her small clothes and leapt in, splashing happily in the water as Roger stared at it nervously. "So... this is it then is it...? Just dip in there during the full moon and then some kinda weird vision trial?" He frowned and turned to look at Finn for reassurance. A sudden splash of water from Mimi made Roger cry out in surprise before smirking at the Wolf Girl. "Alright, I get it, I'll quit being a moper." He leaned down and threw a scoop of water back at the Beast, getting a squeal of delight from her as she splashed back in.

Katriel grabbed Roger's hand and dragged him away from the spring momentarily, pulling him with her to Eris. "Priestess Eris. I... I wondered if you would still be willing to perform that marriage ceremony for us." Rogers eyes went wide. "Wait, what? I thought you weren't sure?" Katriel squeezed his hand. "I... I am nervous... and I want you to know I will always love you and stand by you, no matter what. I was only unsure of the sudden nature of the offer, I have never been unsure of you. But Eris has shown to be a friend and an ally, and it would honor me to be officiated by her." Roger smiles and lifts Katriel in his arms. "Then I accept and wholeheartedly agree." He turned, smiling at Eris. "Would you do us the honors?"

New Eris.png
Eris Granstone

D Grade Character

• Holfeel's Verdict - Religion E, Magic C, Divine Affinity F, magic duration F, Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Selective Magic E - The caster call upon Holfeel's wrath targeting an area 100 ft away from the caster, causing an explosion of divine magic hitting targets within 50ft. - Grade C - 3 post cooldown 2/3

Eris enjoyed the night that they spent back at the city, it was nice to stay in a bed for once on the trip. Though she would never admit that freely or openly to anyone. But the rest of the group would notice Eris was in a much better mood the next day when they were going to leave. In fact the practically over the next several days she was humming to herself as they went along. Though the findings about this fox god? Person? Whatever it was didn't really bother her, though there was more more questions than they had answers for. Once they reached the pool, she let out a sigh. Looks like we finally made it here and in one piece nonetheless. Though I can't help but feel its strange we hadn't been attacked by that noble. Eris was interrupted by the sound of something splashing into the water.

When she looked up she saw Mimi had stripped down to her small clothes and jumped into the pool of water that was supposedly able to kill someone. Though at the moment it didn't seem like it was all the dangerous from here. But that could also be from it not being a full moon.
"Finn advert your eyes!" Eris shouted as she pointed toward the man, it was just not natural for a man to see a girl in her small clothes. There were steps and things but blatantly never! Though before she could scold him more or do something about it Roger was dragged over to and Katriel asked for a ceremony.

"Yes, I can do that, just give me a few moments if you would, Finn would you help me, I don't want the cloth to touch the ground and I need another witness," Eris smiled warmly at Finn as she set her pack down and pulled out the lantern and the red cloth throwing the cloth over her shoulder before she started to explain the ceremony. Once she was ready she picked up the lantern and held it out in front of her for the two to both grab onto. Once they grabbed it the cloth would be dropped over the lantern.

"Lady Holfeel, these two wish to be bonded to one another may you take their souls into your welcoming light and bless the ceremony that is about to begin. The lantern is a symbol of Holfeel herself, an instrument to guide you along the path. The cloth represents the darkness that block the light, both parties hold the lantern which symbolizes the pact with Lady Holfeel and the bond that is about to be formed. Book of Yanlanus verse 1-3, There I stood watching as two souls became one. For there was a light of our Lady that seemingly guided them to her embrace. For the cycle that is promised will be fulfilled." Eris paused for a moment.

"Now in turn repeat this, 'Upon this day I accept that my soul will be bound to said person's name, that we will be reunited in the next life. That even if it takes 1000 years or 1000 more, we will find a path back to one another." Eris instructed and when both parties had repeated it she went to the last part of the ceremony. She removed the cloth from the lantern and lit it with a small match. Hoping Finn would take the cloth later on she draped it carefully over her shoulder. "Book of the Begining Verse 1-8, Those joined by body and soul shall never know the sorrow of loneliness, nor shall they be without one another. For the cycle will continue and will fear not for you shall find one another in the next cycle for that my children, I promise you." Eris paused as she then took a step back.

"You may now kiss your beloved and the ceremony has been complete. You have entered an eternal contract with Lady Holfeel so long as you remain true to one another you will be reunited in the next cycle," Eris concluded with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back