• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forging the Legends of Ravinia

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Raven took the blows, not moving an inch from the swords howls, his smiles fading as he took note of the loss of hearing and soon the loss of his speech he closed his mouth. Not wincing when the blade struck his torso he reached out for Silas, intending to grab him. Losing his balance due to the loss of hearing, which through off his equilibrium, he missed him, using that to spin around he aimed his claws for the nape of silas’s Neck. The previous blows from the sword tore apart his cloth and metal armor, exposing his metallic like skin.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Lair Aelnor
Somewhere near the marketplace

"Oh, so are you also a traveler? It's quite the interesting lifestyle, isn't it? Every trip is it's own adventure in a way... Oh, the rain. It's calmed a bit for now." Lair sticks his hand out, exposing it to the steady drops of water dripping from the sturdy overhead canvas. The sky still appeared a dingy grey as if consumed by arsenic, ready to release another steady stream of downpour at any moment. He'd hate to step out, only to get exposed to a sudden shower just like before.

"Say", he continued. "If by some chance you're headed to the marketplace, we should take advantage of this calm before it resumes again. And just in case it does..."

Lair straightens his posture, takes a deep breath, and slowly exhales, his hands interlocked over his stomach as he does so. He suddenly breaks his grip free, swinging his right forearm upright— a gentle gust of wind suddenly passes by as if it had materialized from nowhere. Then, just as the current was about to cease, Lair extends his left arm with an open palm, then closes it in such a form as if pointing to the street in front of them.

"I know it's hard to see, but if you look pretty closely at it..." the Ravenfolk says as draws his left arm in, still pointing, "you'll be able to see a very faint outline." Sure enough, there at the tip of his finger was a small translucent sphere. He pokes at it with his right hand, and a hollow thud is heard, demonstrating that he had turned the wind into a solid orb.

"I-It's not like I'm showing off", he says with worried eyes and a wavering voice. "I was just thinking that if worse comes to worst, I can make a sort of umbrella for us." It wasn't like him to be overly modest, though even if it was for just a moment, having some company wouldn't be a bad direction to take. It was a rare occurrence, after all, and Lair was beginning to tire of having himself as his only conversation partner. Plus, dinosaurs!

BackSet BackSet

Oahu Krae

The rain calmed to a drizzle. Of course, that didn't really mean much. All the fortunetellers were predicting that it would rain all day. How many were legitamte fortunetellers, Oahu didn't know. He never viseted any. He just overheard conversations of passerbys who had. Oahu stood up and stretched

"I am headed to the market place, actually." Oahu said. "You wouldn't happen to know if there's a stall that sells meat, would you?" Oahu needed to stock up on raptor food ingrediants. Plus, it would be nice not to have to hunt his own food for once.

Arvios Arvios

Raven took the blows, not moving an inch from the swords howls, his smiles fading as he took note of the loss of hearing and soon the loss of his speech he closed his mouth. Not wincing when the blade struck his torso he reached out for Silas, intending to grab him. Losing his balance due to the loss of hearing, which through off his equilibrium, he missed him, using that to spin around he aimed his claws for the nape of silas’s Neck. The previous blows from the sword tore apart his cloth and metal armor, exposing his metallic like skin.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera

Normally it would seem pretty counter-productive to have someone lose their hearing, as Sound Magic tended to depend on hearing. However, it opened up a multitude of new vulnerabilities that most never really seemed to think about. If he needed to call out the spell to cast it, or needed some sort of incantation, or to read the pages of an ancient tome, it would disable that ability to cast. Also, when one was as dazed as Raven was from taking them, it threw off his balance. Raven just took attacks due to his strong skin. Sound didn't need to penetrate to take effect. Raven tried to use his claws to go for the jugular, but Silas used his free hand to block, though since he didn't turn it into a werewolf hand, it stabbed through his hand.

Raven's leg was suddenly clamped down on and pulled up, as if his foot was raised to rest on a wall behind him. His foot was being held by the Snow Wolf, who wouldn't be letting him go easily. He could use his free foot, be he would risk falling. He could use his claws, but that involved turning around. Mute, Deaf, and temporarily motionless gave Silas a powerful advantage

Now that Silas had gotten that powerful advantage, he took out a Wolf Stone and activated it. What would typically be a white glow quickly turned red and Silas's body became coated in the same glow. Shackles appeared on his hands with chain apparently keeping him from moving. His fur turned black and he got much bigger than he was. His entire body became coated in the fur and his hands turned into massive werewolf paws and long claws. His feet had the same transformation. Normally that would be the extent of it, but he now had an extra feature under the Blood Moon. The shackles were broken and Silas exposed it, a red mane streaking down his back.

latest

Raven felt his foot getting dug into a lot deeper now. The presence of a Blood Wolf powered up every other wolf in the area, making them both faster and stronger, much moreso than a normal Alpha buffing spell. Normally, Silas had a big weakness of not being able to use magic while in wolf form. That applied in every case EXCEPT a Blood Moon, aka a lunar eclipse, which comes pretty rarely. Blood Moon Night was one of Silas's most powerful spells for getting most the effects from a Crimson Transformation without the bloodlust rage. This spell only recharged on a Full Moon while he was forcibly transformed.

The weaknesses included that weren't typical of the average werewolf were an even higher weakness to Holy Magic and his underbelly, which was shown at a lighter shade than the rest. While this would be as tough as hardened leather, Everywhere else was about as tough as Iron.

His arm gave off a red hazy aura. He looked majestic..........if you weren't on the business end of his desire to win
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

1519483828703.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Outside the Monastery

Talking with Saia ( Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi )​

Aguar chuckled and looked down to the hilt of his bone blade. It was still buckled shut, so it did not even budge when the powerful water mage rested his hand onto the clawed hilt. "This sword? My family's forgemaster built it for me when I turned 18. You see, our family blade, Everblade, was a bit too precious and not that delicate for my liking. I could never use a cleaver that well." Of course, Everblade was the blade wielded by Zafiro the River back when he was still an Adventurer. Rumoured to be made by powerful magics and incredibly exotic materials, ranging from meteoric iron to astral silver from the Astral Plane, it was supposed to be completely indestructible to even time itself. It has been said that the Everblade will remain long after the Gods wither and die, and all the stars in the sky peter out. Only someone from the Riviera bloodline could even hold it, let alone use it, with the powerful enchantments placed onto the blade. There were many museums in the world all claiming to own the true Everblade, but all of them having been since proven to be fake.

Aguar paused for a moment before continuing. "So, the forgemaster made me this sword instead - Scale's Bane. My sword has been chiselled out from one of the thigh bones of a purple dragon that my parents fought a while back, so he thought it would be quite symbolic for me. Not to mention that it is an incredible blade. Did you know that when a purple dragon dies, the area around its body gets infused with fear magic? I swear, if you enter a purple dragon's burial mound you'll start to get nightmares. My sword sort of does the same thing if I were to unsheathe it - especially for those of draconic blood. Not to mention that it'll cut through dragonscale like a dagger through soggy parchment, and tear anyone with draconic blood asunder." That was actually famously the first mission since Zafiro retired that the Adventurers asked him to help with. A purple dragon had been found terrorising a dwarven settlement deep underground, where purple dragons live, and the Adventurers had been tasked with defeating the beast. Although, with his wife Deja there, it did not take long for the dragon to fall.

"That's what you are, aren't you? A Draconian? Otherwise, my sword would seem like a normal sword to you." Then, he finally stopped. Looking around at the area, he took a deep breathe. "So, are you a monk here? Can you help teach me more powerful Water or Air spells?"

Silas O'Vera

Normally it would seem pretty counter-productive to have someone lose their hearing, as Sound Magic tended to depend on hearing. However, it opened up a multitude of new vulnerabilities that most never really seemed to think about. If he needed to call out the spell to cast it, or needed some sort of incantation, or to read the pages of an ancient tome, it would disable that ability to cast. Also, when one was as dazed as Raven was from taking them, it threw off his balance. Raven just took attacks due to his strong skin. Sound didn't need to penetrate to take effect. Raven tried to use his claws to go for the jugular, but Silas used his free hand to block, though since he didn't turn it into a werewolf hand, it stabbed through his hand.

Raven's leg was suddenly clamped down on and pulled up, as if his foot was raised to rest on a wall behind him. His foot was being held by the Snow Wolf, who wouldn't be letting him go easily. He could use his free foot, be he would risk falling. He could use his claws, but that involved turning around. Mute, Deaf, and temporarily motionless gave Silas a powerful advantage

Now that Silas had gotten that powerful advantage, he took out a Wolf Stone and activated it. What would typically be a white glow quickly turned red and Silas's body became coated in the same glow. Shackles appeared on his hands with chain apparently keeping him from moving. His fur turned black and he got much bigger than he was. His entire body became coated in the fur and his hands turned into massive werewolf paws and long claws. His feet had the same transformation. Normally that would be the extent of it, but he now had an extra feature under the Blood Moon. The shackles were broken and Silas exposed it, a red mane streaking down his back.

latest

Raven felt his foot getting dug into a lot deeper now. The presence of a Blood Wolf powered up every other wolf in the area, making them both faster and stronger, much moreso than a normal Alpha buffing spell. Normally, Silas had a big weakness of not being able to use magic while in wolf form. That applied in every case EXCEPT a Blood Moon, aka a lunar eclipse, which comes pretty rarely. Blood Moon Night was one of Silas's most powerful spells for getting most the effects from a Crimson Transformation without the bloodlust rage. This spell only recharged on a Full Moon while he was forcibly transformed.

The weaknesses included that weren't typical of the average werewolf were an even higher weakness to Holy Magic and his underbelly, which was shown at a lighter shade than the rest. While this would be as tough as hardened leather, Everywhere else was about as tough as Iron.

His arm gave off a red hazy aura. He looked majestic..........if you weren't on the business end of his desire to win
Raven winced as blood trickled down into the wolf’s mouth, grinning still as he watched the transformation. Studying Silas’s coat for a few seconds before glancing down at the wolf, gritting his teeth he reached down for it, gripping it by the nape of his neck, tightening his grip slowly so it couldn’t move. A silent laugh escaping his mouth as he quickly twisted his body, tearing the lower part of his leg off. His blood splattering onto the wolf and some onto Silas. Leaving that part of his leg in the wolf’s mouth he jumped back, getting on all fours to support himself before launching himself at Silas, claws first, all the while leaving a blood trail from his missing leg.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Raven winced as blood trickled down into the wolf’s mouth, grinning still as he watched the transformation. Studying Silas’s coat for a few seconds before glancing down at the wolf, gritting his teeth he reached down for it, gripping it by the nape of his neck, tightening his grip slowly so it couldn’t move. A silent laugh escaping his mouth as he quickly twisted his body, tearing the lower part of his leg off. His blood splattering onto the wolf and some onto Silas. Leaving that part of his leg in the wolf’s mouth he jumped back, getting on all fours to support himself before launching himself at Silas, claws first, all the while leaving a blood trail from his missing leg.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera

Silas caught him with ease and crunched down on Raven's midsection, severing his spine immediately. She's mine, goddamnit! Silas howled as he threw Raven's body across the garden into the barrier. He couldn't speak anything but his native tongue when transformed and that wasn't changing with a Crimson Transformation. Silas wouldn't stop until Raven gave in, even if he had to rip him apart first. Looking at how the battle went so far, Silas knew something was coming. Something was planned. He couldn't win the fight this easily. Raven had something up his sleeve. Otherwise, this really was a test just to see how far he was willing to go for Luna. Unleashing a spell that didn't recharge until the next full moon certainly qualified as going pretty far, but Raven would see his resolve and ability to back up said resolve, with or without his midsection

if severing his spine didn't kill him, he'd get time to react as Silas charged, ready to end the fight. Otherwise the field's healing would take affect and end the battle.

Lair Aelnor
Being drizzled on in the Marketplace

"I actually know a guy", Lair says as he steps out from their temporary cover, slowly walking down the cobblestone street as if to not lose the tamer. "This may sound cliche, but I once saved a passerby who's carrier was ambushed by a small group of thieves. Before I got to finish those pests, one of them managed to sneak behind me and slashed me right in my left flank... A bit of blood made it look more dramatic than it actually was, so the man freaked out. Though", he pauses as he turns backwards, now facing Oahu, "he was nice enough to offer me permanent discounts from his business, which just so happens to specialize in meat. Not too shabby, eh?" Lair turns back facing the direction he was walking.

It only took a few minutes to reach the open roads of the marketplace. Although there were still people wandering from stand to stand, the rain made sure to prevent the casual flow of business. The traffic here was usually crowded by at least three times the number of current shoppers— it didn't help that even some merchants had closed shop for the day, choosing to not risk ruining their products. Fortunately, Lair spots their destination, and it was still open for business.

"Lair!" spoke the voice of an older middle-aged man who was in the center of two long tables. "Is that you? How long has it been, 5 months?" he asks as he steps out from the shelter, eagerly raising his arm to the Ravenfolk.

"Almost 6 months", Lair replies bashfully, meeting his hand with his own. "This is Oahu, he's a beast tamer if you can't tell. So before you ask, those little critters are not for sale", he jests at the older man with a jab of his elbow.

"Oh I wouldn't dare to ask that, especially from a tamer!" he jokes back, though there was a hint of seriousness in his tone. "Y'know, it's illegal to sell dinosaur meat here, especially the endangered type. I wouldn't even joke about it since rumors are going around that there's someone bringing that type of high quality contraband for sell."

"No kidding? How have they not been caught yet?"

"It's all a matter of coin and diversion", he replies with a shake of his head. "No one has been able to pinpoint who's running that business, but that's what makes the black market so prevalent at times... especially here of all places." He slicks his gray hairs back, a bit moist from the drizzling as he stares out in thought about the subject.

"Oh, where are my manners", he continues with a laugh. "So, Oahu, was it? What would you be interested in today? I'll be sure to get you some top quality ingredients, and a bit extra for the long road ahead. After all, a friend of Lair is definitely a friend of mine in these parts." Lair gives half a smirk at the compliment, though was wary as to how Oahu would take the news of the poached meats. By the sound of how Oahu handled poachers before, he wouldn't be surprised if he'd be intent on investigating the situation further.

BackSet BackSet

Silas O'Vera

Silas caught him with ease and crunched down on Raven's midsection, severing his spine immediately. She's mine, goddamnit! Silas howled as he threw Raven's body across the garden into the barrier. He couldn't speak anything but his native tongue when transformed and that wasn't changing with a Crimson Transformation. Silas wouldn't stop until Raven gave in, even if he had to rip him apart first. Looking at how the battle went so far, Silas knew something was coming. Something was planned. He couldn't win the fight this easily. Raven had something up his sleeve. Otherwise, this really was a test just to see how far he was willing to go for Luna. Unleashing a spell that didn't recharge until the next full moon certainly qualified as going pretty far, but Raven would see his resolve and ability to back up said resolve, with or without his midsection

if severing his spine didn't kill him, he'd get time to react as Silas charged, ready to end the fight. Otherwise the field's healing would take affect and end the battle.
Raven groaning as rolled onto his back, his blood splattered all over the arena and barrier. Unable to move his lower body he used his arms to shiver himself up against the barrier, blood running down his face as he waited for Silas to get closer to a majority of his blood. Once he was raven waved as if to say goodbye before slamming both hands down, the blood erupting into iron like spikes, intending to impale him. This included Raven’s blood in the summoned wolf’s mouth and any blood he had on Silas.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Oahu Krae
Black Market Poachers...?
Oahu didn't like the sound of what he heard. Illegal black market dinosaur meat deals? And here Oahu thought poachers only wanted the eggs. But Ohau didn't need to worry about that now. Stock up now ask questions afterwards.

"Good to meet you." Oahu said. He then laughed at what he'd said. "No pun intended. Anyway, I'm mainly looking for cow and lamb meat with a little chicken thrown in. It helps with their digestion." The man grabbed a knife hanging from the celing of his tent and started chopping away at some meat. It was rather impressive. The most skilled ath their craft can turn it into an art, no matter how mundane it is. But Oahu wasn't really focused on this. He was more worried about the poachers on the loose. His raptors must have looked like prime targets to them. Well, Oahu wasn't going to let that happen.

"Do you know anything about these poachers?" Oahu asked the man as he was handed his meat. "I'm a bit worried they might go after my raptors. Easy target, and all."

Arvios Arvios

Raven groaning as rolled onto his back, his blood splattered all over the arena and barrier. Unable to move his lower body he used his arms to shiver himself up against the barrier, blood running down his face as he waited for Silas to get closer to a majority of his blood. Once he was raven waved as if to say goodbye before slamming both hands down, the blood erupting into iron like spikes, intending to impale him. This included Raven’s blood in the summoned wolf’s mouth and any blood he had on Silas.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera
Garden

That wave gave his intention away. Silas wasn't entirely sure how though, so he jumped high in the air. He was suddenly pierced all over. Fuck! Silas growled as he shot blood all over the place from the blood spikes. It dug into his midsection, foot and his arms. It didn't hurt his arms much, it DID hurt his feet and especially his midsection. A whine as the Snow Wolf was struck down by the blood spikes. The blizzard stopped immediately and Silas's vision grew hazy. This was the Rage starting to try and take over. It was the main weakness of a magic-user and Silas needed to will himself down. He needed to strike Raven down. Snapping his spine wasn't enough

When Silas landed nearer to Raven, he charged the rest of the distance, closing it quickly despite being hit. His vision was growing more and more hazy and he found it harder and harder to keep control.
"Let me take control, Young Alpha." The werewolf demon in the back of his mind growled and barked ferociously
Let me close the gap damn it! Silas thought frantically. He finally made it and stood over Raven's broken body, panting and bleeding heavily. Pouring blood. Was the haze partly due to his blood loss? Silas most definitely thought so. The spikes didn't pierce his heart or his head though, so he was fine. Pure dumb luck, as the spikes didn't seem to have a set movement pattern. This was what Ari went against? He saw why the match ended in a draw. If Silas hadn't read the book and prepared for a plan like this, he would've been done for before Raven would succumb to a broken spine

That wasn't the case though. Luna's hand was his, and he would cherish it until the end of time. End him, Silas thought as his reasonable consciousness fell into the black, succumbing to bloodloss and losing consciousness.
"With PLEASURE!!" The demon came out and he jumped on Raven.

The field took effect and everything reverted back to normal. They were on opposite sides of the field again. Silas touched all over his body, feeling weird about his body not needing medical attention after taking the spikes. It was a different ballgame between reading about those fields and actually fighting on the field. He sighed in relief. He had won, probably against his most go-to strategy. He wouldn't hold his breath about winning if they fought again since he saw that strategy didn't work for once. "I suspect that I proved my worth to protect Luna, Mr. Crost?" Silas asked

Last edited:
After leaving the murder scene Warren went for lunch. (A terrible time to if you ask me, my apetite was rightly spoiled)

As I went to grab some ingridients to have my own later, out of the corner of my eye I saw the man in black. He had removed his mask and changed some parts of his outfit, but hints of his skulking nature were peeking through and his clothes were not changed enough to trick my sharp eye. Full of fear that the man would turn on me I hurried along to the market. This was foolish of course for the man had never seen me before and likely wasn't one for murdering people in plain sight. Anyway after picking up some food and putting it away in the room I was renting I went back out to find Warren in the city. Luckily he was just finishing with his lunch and I was able to watch him as he left back towards the in.

Warren's illusion took on a pudgy form wearing a modified guards uniform to make it look more aristocratic. Removing his mask he had the face of a pale and pudgy man who likely didn't see much activity in a day. He blustered through the front door of the inn "Ello there! Who is the owner of this here establishment." a few faces looked up from the tables as he spoke and the innskeeper said "That would be me sir." "Ah, I'm inpector Tullavard with the guard here to ask you some questions." Warren took out an illusory scroll, opening it up. "Here's my writ of investigation." he let her squint at the illusion before rolling it back up and putting it into his coat. The woman stood back and said "Well it's a pleasure to meet you inspector, my name is Karoline Thakit" holding out her hand in greeting. Warren walked pass it while clearing his throat "So, I heard the bodies are upstairs?" Karoline's eyes widened a bit and she quickly said "Yes, come with me Mr. Tullavard".
She made good pace up the stairs while Warren lumbered after her. "The guards didn't tell me they would be sending an inspector" Karoline prodded as Warren made his way up. Warren chuckled to himself "That makes a good deal of sense, the common guards are always forgetting important things like that" reaching the top. In a quiet, but not soft voice Karoline said "I would appreciate you not mentioning the dead bodies while my patrons are around" a stern look directed at Warren. "Oh. Heheheheh. Right. My apoligies m'am, sometimes I foget the civilians aren't as stone cold as myself." he glanced over her shoulder "Sooooo, the bodies then?" Karoline made her way to the door and opened it for Warren. Glancing in warren took a moment then stated "Yep, them boys are right dead" before looking back to Karoline. "So, Ms. Thakit, can you tell me about the moments leading up to you finding these men" a inquisitive tone touching his voice. "It's quite simple really. I was tidying up a room across the hall when I heard the sound of shattering glass. I thought it was some fools breaking something, so I finished folding the beadsheet I had and stomped over." Karoline ran her hand through her hair shaking her head. "Then I opened the door and saw both the men dead and screamed bloody murder. There was a man in the window wearing a black cloak and a featureless white mask, but he jumped down as soon as I saw him." A moment of slience fell between the two. "Hmmm, sounds like a tough find. I'll just be needin' one more thing from you Ms. Thakit, the names of the two dead men lying on the floor in there." Karoline looked relieved that the encounter was nearly over "Yes, of course. That's easy." she said leading the pudgy officer back downstairs.

Two men. Erill Gorson and Pierce Ullvin. Those were the two names of the dead men given to Warren by Karoline Thakit. With all the information he needed Warren made his way to the front door to leave when the door opened. A true inspector of the guard with two guards flanking him stood there with a look of shock overcoming them as they took Warren in. The inspector drew the sword at his hip, pointing it at Warren's throat. "Impersonator! Drop your weapons or I will be forced to cut you down!" Warren just smiled "Guilty as charged" and the illusion faded away into nothing. "The inspecor tossed out a brightly covered powder in a wide arc around him. Nothing invisible was hit. It just made a bit of a mess of the inn. Warren had vanished.

Silas O'Vera
Garden

That wave gave his intention away. Silas wasn't entirely sure how though, so he jumped high in the air. He was suddenly pierced all over. Fuck! Silas growled as he shot blood all over the place from the blood spikes. It dug into his midsection, foot and his arms. It didn't hurt his arms much, it DID hurt his feet and especially his midsection. A whine as the Snow Wolf was struck down by the blood spikes. The blizzard stopped immediately and Silas's vision grew hazy. This was the Rage starting to try and take over. It was the main weakness of a magic-user and Silas needed to will himself down. He needed to strike Raven down. Snapping his spine wasn't enough

When Silas landed nearer to Raven, he charged the rest of the distance, closing it quickly despite being hit. His vision was growing more and more hazy and he found it harder and harder to keep control.
"Let me take control, Young Alpha." The werewolf demon in the back of his mind growled and barked ferociously
Let me close the gap damn it! Silas thought frantically. He finally made it and stood over Raven's broken body, panting and bleeding heavily. Pouring blood. Was the haze partly due to his blood loss? Silas most definitely thought so. The spikes didn't pierce his heart or his head though, so he was fine. Pure dumb luck, as the spikes didn't seem to have a set movement pattern. This was what Ari went against? He saw why the match ended in a draw. If Silas hadn't read the book and prepared for a plan like this, he would've been done for before Raven would succumb to a broken spine

That wasn't the case though. Luna's hand was his, and he would cherish it until the end of time. End him, Silas thought as his reasonable consciousness fell into the black, succumbing to bloodloss and losing consciousness.
"With PLEASURE!!" The demon came out and he jumped on Raven.

The field took effect and everything reverted back to normal. They were on opposite sides of the field again. Silas touched all over his body, feeling weird about his body not needing medical attention after taking the spikes. It was a different ballgame between reading about those fields and actually fighting on the field. He sighed in relief. He had won, probably against his most go-to strategy. He wouldn't hold his breath about winning if they fought again since he saw that strategy didn't work for once. "I suspect that I proved my worth to protect Luna, Mr. Crost?" Silas asked
“That you did” Laughing he tapped the barrier with the back of his knuckles, shattering it as if it were child’s play. Walking over to Silas he held his hand out shaking the boys with a smile. “I leave her in your hands, but should any harm come to my little angel I won’t go easy on you next time” he had leaned in close so Luna wouldn’t hear them, tightening his grip for a brief moment before letting go. “You should probably go wash up, I can’t let our guest leave on an empty stomach!” Laughing heartily as he turned to Luna. “Why don’t you show Your fiancé where the bath is while go and assist our staff in preparing a meal for us all” he told Luna, turning back to Silas, raven bowed before heading back into the house and to the kitchen. Truthfully if Raven and Ari had to fight again the two of them would probably end up leveling the entire area, the ones who remained from the war and survived were on a completely different level than most, Ari especially.

Luna made her way over Silas, pausing for a minute as she ran and hugged him tightly, excited. “He approves! I’m so happy!” She exclaimed, impulsively kissing Silas. Breaking the kiss and feeling a bit like a school girl she giggled and hid her face a bit. “Come on, let me wash your back for you”
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

“That you did” Laughing he tapped the barrier with the back of his knuckles, shattering it as if it were child’s play. Walking over to Silas he held his hand out shaking the boys with a smile. “I leave her in your hands, but should any harm come to my little angel I won’t go easy on you next time” he had leaned in close so Luna wouldn’t hear them, tightening his grip for a brief moment before letting go. “You should probably go wash up, I can’t let our guest leave on an empty stomach!” Laughing heartily as he turned to Luna. “Why don’t you show Your fiancé where the bath is while go and assist our staff in preparing a meal for us all” he told Luna, turning back to Silas, raven bowed before heading back into the house and to the kitchen. Truthfully if Raven and Ari had to fight again the two of them would probably end up leveling the entire area, the ones who remained from the war and survived were on a completely different level than most, Ari especially.

Luna made her way over Silas, pausing for a minute as she ran and hugged him tightly, excited. “He approves! I’m so happy!” She exclaimed, impulsively kissing Silas. Breaking the kiss and feeling a bit like a school girl she giggled and hid her face a bit. “Come on, let me wash your back for you”
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera
Garden

Silas looked back at the fight. Raven had only used a fraction of his power, most likely a small one. Even then though, as a Blood Wolf, he won off luck. That spell was formidable. One of the most formidable. Blood was something that the massive majority of beings had and to manipulate that on a large scale was telling. If Raven wasn't an Elder Vampire (up there with Dracula), it was most likely because he didn't want to be, and that in itself was scary. Lucky he was on Raven's good side and would continue to be, as he would keep Luna safe with his life.

He was so deep in thought that he was surprised by the kiss, but pleasantly so, evident by his tail wagging, as it most likely would every time they kissed. "I told you I would do whatever it took for you, Luna." Silas said with a smile. Her hand was his. That was the most important thing. Now for his pack. Their opinion wasn't really vital to them getting married and whatnot, but it would make things go smoothly. For now though, focus on the task at hand. Getting a bath and soothing his imploding stomach. Transformation and Magic burned through calories like paper, and Silas used BOTH. It was like he hadn't eaten in 4 days. "A bath would be fantastic, but you can only wash my back if I can wash yours."

Lair Aelnor
Drizzled on in the Marketplace

"Well, it's nothing but gossip, but," the man says as he leans in, cupping his hand over his mouth. "Supposedly there's a base filled with bandits, rogues, and sell swords who took up poaching somewhere in the southeast forest from Redvale. The only reason I know about this is because a lot of the hunters who we buy from have claimed to hearing odd screeches sounds that they've never heard of. The few who have gone to investigate, or have strayed too far from the typical hunting grounds, have not been heard from again."

Lair gives a worried look at the shop-keep, though the man is focused on Oahu's own attention.

"A small fort? Any thought as to who might be in there?" Lair glances at Oahu, then back at the man with the same frown from before.

"There's no way to say, but I cannot imagine that it would be a small rag tag group of novices. Since these rumors started months ago, they'd have to be well versed in not only slipping past the city guards undetected, but even silencing anyone who's discovered them. Surely profesional grade poachers."

The shop-keep finally notices the meaning behind both of their looks and questions, a bit perplexed, but also concerned.

"I'm sure that whoever they are, they've already been made aware that your raptors are within the city. Seeing how well trained those five are, I wouldn't be surprised if they have their eyes set on them, as they must be incomparably valuable to what they usually claim... Like any hunter, they bag whatever they find value in— live hatchlings, eggs, bones, meat, even carcasses —each with a different worth behind them, whether it be for cuisine, or magical catalysts, pets for the wealthy, even aphrodisiacs. If you two are planning on investigating, you best be prepared. They will fight tooth and nail to not only protect their riches, but also to claim new ones." He gives a solemn stare at the little dinosaurs, then back at the two.

A timer suddenly rings from the man's table, making Lair jump back a bit from surprise.

"Oh goodness, is it that time already? Now now, if you fellows excuse me, I have somewhere I need to be. You lot take care of yourselves!" The shop-keep begins putting away the few leftover belongings into the building resting behind his stand, likely his home. Lair crosses his arms and shakes his head, obviously thinking about the situation. So Oahu was likely to be targeted by a group of underground poachers participating in a black market for contraband products? He turns slowly, connecting his vision with that of the man he had befriended. He definitely couldn't leave him on his own... Not after learning about this.

"Well, it seems like there's two things we can do; wait until something suspicious happens, maybe find an inn and settle for a bit, or attempt a preemptive strike. Though investigating the woods, especially with this weather, might be a bit of a hassle," he concludes. "What do you think?" Ultimately, Lair would do what Oahu would prefer. After all, they were after his raptors, and not him.

BackSet BackSet

Silas O'Vera
Garden

Silas looked back at the fight. Raven had only used a fraction of his power, most likely a small one. Even then though, as a Blood Wolf, he won off luck. That spell was formidable. One of the most formidable. Blood was something that the massive majority of beings had and to manipulate that on a large scale was telling. If Raven wasn't an Elder Vampire (up there with Dracula), it was most likely because he didn't want to be, and that in itself was scary. Lucky he was on Raven's good side and would continue to be, as he would keep Luna safe with his life.

He was so deep in thought that he was surprised by the kiss, but pleasantly so, evident by his tail wagging, as it most likely would every time they kissed. "I told you I would do whatever it took for you, Luna." Silas said with a smile. Her hand was his. That was the most important thing. Now for his pack. Their opinion wasn't really vital to them getting married and whatnot, but it would make things go smoothly. For now though, focus on the task at hand. Getting a bath and soothing his imploding stomach. Transformation and Magic burned through calories like paper, and Silas used BOTH. It was like he hadn't eaten in 4 days. "A bath would be fantastic, but you can only wash my back if I can wash yours."
“And you kept your word.....but I don’t think that would be a problem either.” Still holding his hand she started to lead him towards the bath, a bit of sway in her hips as she walked. Deep down she was nervous about meeting his pack, even while the two grew up together she had never been around his pack due to her blood. Looking back at Silas while she slowed down and cuddled up to his arm, enjoying the walk “That sounds like a fair trade, I hope that the bath is to your liking though”

—-at the bath—
Luna had left Silas alone for a few moments while she changed. The bath itself was lined in gold and made of marble and large enough for Silas’s entire pack to bathe in. The pillars for the room were imported or rather acquired for Raven and were a rare black granite with silver undertones. A maid stood in the corner of the bathroom having finished putting various herbs into the bath so Luna could bathe without getting hurt.

After a few minutes Luna returned, knocking on the door “Silas is okay for me to come in?” She asked nervously, her heart pounding at the thought of taking a bath together. Luna herself had a towel wrapped around herself and her hair pinned back for the time being. “I hope the bath isn’t too hot....o-or cold..”
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Oahu Krae
New Quest: Poachers in the woods

Ugh, strategy. Both ideas sounded good, but Oahu would rather mot be caught unaware. But even so the rain was a bit of a problem. Especially since it seemed to be picking up again. But then again, rain helped muffle footsteps. If they tried sneaking up on the poachers they might not notice. Of course, most of them were professional hunters. They were likely trained to pay attention to things. But it was worth a shot. Oahu put a hand on the spear slung around his back.

"I Don't want to be caught unaware." He said. "It might give them an edge on me. Tracking them down and making a preemptive strike would be easier. Especially given that the rain will muffle any footsteps." Oahus stomach grumbled at that very moment. "But first, lunch."

Arvios Arvios

“And you kept your word.....but I don’t think that would be a problem either.” Still holding his hand she started to lead him towards the bath, a bit of sway in her hips as she walked. Deep down she was nervous about meeting his pack, even while the two grew up together she had never been around his pack due to her blood. Looking back at Silas while she slowed down and cuddled up to his arm, enjoying the walk “That sounds like a fair trade, I hope that the bath is to your liking though”

—-at the bath—
Luna had left Silas alone for a few moments while she changed. The bath itself was lined in gold and made of marble and large enough for Silas’s entire pack to bathe in. The pillars for the room were imported or rather acquired for Raven and were a rare black granite with silver undertones. A maid stood in the corner of the bathroom having finished putting various herbs into the bath so Luna could bathe without getting hurt.

After a few minutes Luna returned, knocking on the door “Silas is okay for me to come in?” She asked nervously, her heart pounding at the thought of taking a bath together. Luna herself had a towel wrapped around herself and her hair pinned back for the time being. “I hope the bath isn’t too hot....o-or cold..”
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera

Silas was busy admiring the size and intricate architecture of this bathroom. It looked amazing. Bathing in this was far better than bathing in sometimes cold lakes and ponds like they usually did while out and about on missions that required multiple days outside at a time. His thoughts were shattered when Luna knocked on the door asking to come in. He realized he wasn't ready at all. He jumped in the water, removing the fur, ears, and tail before doing so and instantly relaxed as the warmness took over his body. These were the only times he'd be seen in 100% human form. When around submersible water. Wet dog smell was NOT pleasant, even to a canine.

"Come on in. The water is perfect," Silas called. He was growing more and more nervous himself after saying this, even though he wasn't when he said it. In all his time alive, the last time he pursued romance was literal puppy love. He had been focused in his studies, pack, and training pretty much exclusively since then, with Luna being a nice stress relief and a pleasant break from his usual business. He had been in relationships, but business came first and foremost. Now his focus has shifted since it was relatively peaceful since his Alpha Inscription. It was all on Luna and his usual traits were not there. In 100% human form, there were no canine tendencies to help alleviate or express his emotions. He felt VERY weird without them when around others, especially his tail and ESPECIALLY Luna.

Silas O'Vera

Silas was busy admiring the size and intricate architecture of this bathroom. It looked amazing. Bathing in this was far better than bathing in sometimes cold lakes and ponds like they usually did while out and about on missions that required multiple days outside at a time. His thoughts were shattered when Luna knocked on the door asking to come in. He realized he wasn't ready at all. He jumped in the water, removing the fur, ears, and tail before doing so and instantly relaxed as the warmness took over his body. These were the only times he'd be seen in 100% human form. When around submersible water. Wet dog smell was NOT pleasant, even to a canine.

"Come on in. The water is perfect," Silas called. He was growing more and more nervous himself after saying this, even though he wasn't when he said it. In all his time alive, the last time he pursued romance was literal puppy love. He had been focused in his studies, pack, and training pretty much exclusively since then, with Luna being a nice stress relief and a pleasant break from his usual business. He had been in relationships, but business came first and foremost. Now his focus has shifted since it was relatively peaceful since his Alpha Inscription. It was all on Luna and his usual traits were not there. In 100% human form, there were no canine tendencies to help alleviate or express his emotions. He felt VERY weird without them when around others, especially his tail and ESPECIALLY Luna.
Luna stepped through the door keeping her eyes to the ground as she made her way to the water and Silas “I’m glad the water is the right temperature” glancing up at him after she got into the water, her face turning bright red, she covered her eyes with both hands, peeking through her fingers too look at his chest for a few moments before relaxing. Pulling the towel up to keep herself covered before she reached over the edge of the bath to get a rag and some soap. “You look different without the ears and tail, I think I prefer them over this look” smiling at him as she moved her hands under the water to wet the rag and soap. “I’m not sure if I’ll be able to tell when you are happy now, but I guess it’s better than smelling like wet dog” the last part was a bit of light teasing. Even the maid the maid in the back of the room was blushing, despite having helped raven bathe herself.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Silas O'Vera

"The wet dog smell isn't pleasant. No worries though. This is the only time you'll see me without it," Silas said with a smile and grabbed his own rag and soap. "You look as beautiful as ever though, I must say." He moved closer to Luna. He still felt a bit weird without his ears and tail, but all other forms of embarrassment dissolved upon laying eyes on Luna. His happiness was swelling as reality of what they were going for was really settling in his mind. A woman he liked forever and always found himself missing when he was away from her, one that he never really saw as someone who meant to him what she really meant until they were apart, he was about to marry. "I'm happy that you chose me to take your hand. You can call me your loyal dog now." A thought crossed his mind though and he stopped moving, though he was almost touching her. "Wouldn't your father be a bit......er.......less than appreciative of his little bat in the bath with a guy under his roof?"

Saia glared at the water mage. Just another selfish person only using magic as though it were just another tool. "I don't know your a mage. I doubt they will even consider taking you in. If it were up to me I would take you under but I would only do it if you swore to stop using magic the way all of you mages use it." Saia said in a tone that was tough to nail down. It sounded like it had some disgust in it but it was clear she could be saying worse. She was holding back because Aguar was a nice person. But given she was still new by monks standards, her control of her emotions could use some improvement.

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

1519592033556.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Redvale Monastery

Interacting with Saia ( Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi )​

Aguar chuckled in an almost bewildered way as Saia began blasting at him. She hadn't raised her voice as she spoke with him, yet it certainly sounded like she was. Her tone was harsh and cruel, like the headmaster who was telling off the student. "The way mages use it? What, to help others?" Aguar stood up straight and proud, not backing down from the woman, and stared her deep in the eyes. "What the world has gifted me - what the gods have blessed me with, I only do good with it. Water is an incredible thing, miss Draconian, and so many people can benefit from it. My father, for example." As he spoke, he looked around to everyone nearby, before lowering his voice.

"My father is El Zafiro Riviera. Maybe that name does not matter to you, but it matters to hundreds if not thousands of others. He was a great hero, who manipulated water for good. You can't tell me that he was a crook? For helping so many? What about the rest of the Adventurers? The ones that sacrificed everything to stop this land fall into bloody war? They used magic, so what about them?" He sighed heavily, after getting it all off his chest. With it all out there, he felt a lot more relaxed, and fell back to his normal position. "The gods wouldn't grant mortals magic for no reason. This, I feel, is my reason. To become the best I possibly can to help as many as I can. And you wish me to swear to never use it? I do apologise, but that isn't going to happen."

Aguar was getting a little flustered from Saia's onslaught, but he did admit there was something to her words. There were some mages that were evil and only sought power and wealth. He was not one of those mages, however, so with a sigh he said one final thing. "I will swear, however, that I won't use Water to harm innocents or anything like that. Will that be enough for you?"

"Magic is not something given to us by gods. It is a force that fuels our spells. You mages may be using it to help but the way you all use it could make magic become a rarity in who knows how long. Magic itself has lost its strength due to the time of 50 years ago. And my mentors have noticed it. If you so hope to train it's not your use of magic that matters. It's how you draw from magic that matters." Saia said as she bothered to show the mage what she meant. As some raindrops fell she raised her right hand out making the raindrops stop in place. And with a few more she began playing with the collection of raindrops. "We draw magic when the element we wish to use is present. Our rule is to not conjure fire or water, but manipulate already existing fire and water to make sure we give back to the stream of Mana. Magic is something to give back to as thanks for allowing us to use it."
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Lair Aelnor
Marketplace -> Shady Pub

Lair agrees with a nod as he begins walking once more, deeper into the marketplace. He had only had a snack all day, and the hour for a timely meal was nearing its pass. "I think we'll have to find a hidden, spacious, not-very-popular shop if we're going to bring the whole family in. Unfortunately I don't have a good sense of picking restaurants, so I'll apologize for that now," he says with an embarrassed laugh.

"By the way, I think you're onto something, though we're missing one important piece. I'll explain that once we find a place to eat." Ambushing monsters was no different. When one of their senses were impaired, surprise attacks were always at their most successful. But, they'd have to actually have the element of surprise on their side in order for it to be effective.

Eventually they reach narrow streets with an occasional stand every dozen feet or so open for business. Their products looked questionable, almost like junk, or replacement parts for broken machinery. There were even less people than where they had picked up supplies, though that wasn't a surprise given the circumstances. What went without saying, however, at least to Lair; something felt off. Almost as if they were being trailed...

Finally convinced, Lair makes an abrupt turn into the first restaurant he sees, hoping to discuss it with his tamer friend if maybe he spotted something out of the ordinary, or felt the same about being watched. As they stepped inside, a man welcomes the two in, then frowns once he sees the pack of dinosaurs. He didn't say anything though, given that he needed the business by the look of empty tables. Still, even then, he hesitated to serve them quickly.

"Was it just me, or did you feel like we were being followed, Oahu?" he whispers to the tamer urgently as he glares outside a window opposite to their seats, wondering if someone might join them any given second or not.

BackSet BackSet

Oahu Krae
Is someone... Following us?

Oahu had noticed... Something. Something... furry. A hunting dog maybe? No, hunting dogs would be worthless against dinosaurs. No One would ever do that. So it had to be something else.

"Now that you mention it, I did see something... Furry." Oahu said.

Arvios Arvios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back