• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | OOC ~

G
Created at
Index progress
Complete

Essential information for this RP (members lists etc.) Used by GM.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

animeloulou

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It's the 1990s - the era of boy bands, radical hairstyles, giant mobile phones, Walkmans and so much more~!

For teenagers living in the British city of Newcastle, there really wasn't much to do when school was over for the day, or at weekends.

That all changed, however, when Byker Grove Youth Club opened. The tower building and surrounding grounds became their playground where they could do whatever they wanted, watched over by the staff, headed by Geoff the Youth Leader, complete with his trademark moustache.

There was so much to do! Learning new skills, playing sports, hanging out with your friends and so much more. Plus, with so many teens messing around at the Grove, friendships were formed, life lessons were learned and romances were found and lost.

Welcome to Byker Grove Youth Club. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Guide to Pages Linked at Top of Each Page
Guide to Pages Linked at Top of Each Page

'Main' Link -
Our IC RP Thread, where you can write to your heart's content!
'OOC' Link - You are here!
'Characters' Link - Open/Closed Roles and Character Sheets can be found here
'Lore' Link - This is where we can keep track of our ongoing storylines
'Other' Link - This is where we will keep track of the various locations in the RP (Byker Grove and the surrounding areas, for example)​

Points to Note Before Creating Your Character
Points to Note Before Creating Your Character:
  • Not all staff have to be adults - some may be kids who visited Byker Grove in the past, have grown older and wish to give back by working at the youth club.​
  • I'm hoping for an ideal of having a range of characters from 12 to 18 years old, but this depends on demand etc.​
  • You can choose to write for multiple characters or just one, that is up to you. Just be aware of only taking on what you can handle.​

Hi hi! I love how fancy this thread is xD no questions so far yet

Thank you~! I tried my best to make things as clear and easy-to-find as possible, but if you do have any questions, please let me know~!

Also random point but I just read the characters so far and I love Luke’s theme song. Jim Hawkins is one of my favourite characters

Aww thanks~! It's such a great song for a great character, and it totally suits Luke too~ <3

I think the next step for you is to create your character(s) and post your character sheet in the characters page~! <3

Aaaand my siblings are posted :)

As someone who grew up loving the Narnia movies, and who is currently working through a Waterloo Road first-time binge, I love your faceclaims~! <3

I can't wait to see where we can take Cassidy and Harry - they seem like a really fun sibling pairing~! <3

As someone who grew up loving the Narnia movies, and who is currently working through a Waterloo Road first-time binge, I love your faceclaims~! <3

I can't wait to see where we can take Cassidy and Harry - they seem like a really fun sibling pairing~! <3
Oh my god I loved those movies too and Skandar just fit the role xD

Waterloo Road is very bingeworthy lol

Oh I could totally see that! <3 Plus, I think Cassidy and Luke (and Harry) could have a lot to bond over - not a great home life, fending for themselves... <3
Definitely! Super excited for this RP. It’s such a cool and different idea and now I want to watch Byker Grove. I only ever saw Grange Hill and Tracy Beaker as a kid

Definitely! Super excited for this RP. It’s such a cool and different idea and now I want to watch Byker Grove. I only ever saw Grange Hill and Tracy Beaker as a kid

Two shows that I've been meaning to watch for so long xD

Fun fact, you can watch Byker Grove (a couple of episodes may be blocked [but you can use a VPN to get around that]) - a brilliant old Tumblr blog shared all of the episodes (that were recorded on VCR) on YouTube for everyone to watch <3

The actual videos are unlisted so that they don't get copyright blocked :)

Watch Byker Grove Online

I’m assuming that most of the kids go to the same school as well so they would mostly know each other in passing. I had thought maybe Cassidy went to an all girls school but then I figured that’s legit the worst place for a boy-crazy teenage girl to be hahah

I’m assuming that most of the kids go to the same school as well so they would mostly know each other in passing. I had thought maybe Cassidy went to an all girls school but then I figured that’s legit the worst place for a boy-crazy teenage girl to be hahah

That's what I was thinking - this will be focused mostly on the events outside of school, but they presumably all go to the same local school off-screen, so to speak <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back