• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"I said like a brother....and...what happened to your face?" Katudo asked as he rubbed the back of his head with a free hand slowly, "Were you sparring someone and.... accidentally did that or were in an actual fight?" He felt as if the tension in the air was growing more and tried to lighten it up with his humor but it seemed to make it worse.

Luke turned away with a shake of his head. "That is not a story I share." He said, a hint of anger in his voice. He started walking again like he knew where he was going, Bria followed her boy and nudged him with her nose, again she could tell he was troubled by his own thoughts.

"A-Alright..... I....I'll just shut up." Katudo muttered and continued to follow Luke again while having his own horse follow after him. His thoughts trailed to Nahar and what Luke said about him. He wouldn't......it's only in the radius of the heat cycle....wait till I tell him.... He thought slowly.

“Finally... Praise to the gods...” He muttered as they approached a cliff, they were at the bottom of a large gorge. Parts of the cliff above them jutted out at sharp angles making a sort of canopy, there was hardly any snow under them. Bria happily trotted up under one of the canopy’s and shook the snow from her coat.

Katudo glanced at his traveling horse and sighed, stroking his mane. Sometimes.....sometimes.... He thought quietly and continued to follow Luke carefully. Thieves were trained to be able to go across heights that seem impossible but this was normally with buildings, not high mountain ranges so he shuddered lightly and gripped his blanket.

Luke moves to take the saddle off of Bria, he used his cloak to sleek the sweat off of her from where the saddle had been.

"You doing alright?" Katudo asked the horse he was riding quietly. He nickered then snorted, seeing how it was indifferent. This was satisfactory to Katudo, however, and he nodded. "Good." The 17 year old moved his hand through his black hair and tapped his ear, feeling the pointed tip of them. He knew he was human.....though....he wondered why he had these ears. Guess I have a duplicate set of ears. They look like mom's.

Luke pulled his bedding from his satchel and tossed the blanket over Bria, he’d just let all the tack fall to the ground more concerned with his mare’s well being than if his saddle got scuffed.

Katudo yawned softly and shivered again. Is he seriously going to make sure I get home safely....and alive? If that's the case, then I will have to trust and respect him. He thought and nodded

Luke used the length of his forearm to scratch Bria’s forehead gently after he’d secured the blanket on her, then he moved back out towards the trees to gather fire wood. He was starting to worry about how bad the storm was going to be as the winds started to pick up

Katudo stopped then he leaned against a tree, looking over at his horse. "I wonder what your name is....." He muttered as he stretched out

“He’s called Ambiades,”. Luke answered as he came back with an arm full of logs, there were surprisingly dry. “One of the stable hands calls him Ambi.” He moved under the stone walls canopy and drops the wood with a groan, it made such an awful noise... Luke was made to live in almost constant silence, not allowed to speak or make a sound over a whisper. Anything less than silence was a failure on his training.

"Ambi?" Katudo almost busted out laughing, "I'm sorry but that sounds very ridiculous." Ambiades, however, didn't think so.

“The boy’s maybe six. Ambi is just a quick name to call. Bria is short for Brianna. You need to be able to call a name quickly and have them respond to it. War horses have a very different training than a normal horse for riding.” Luke knelt down on one, making sure he kept Katudo on his right side, so he could see him better, and started stacking the logs to build a fire.

"I would assume so." Katudo nodded then looked over at Luke, "I could help, if you'd like." He pointed to the dry logs.

Luke tilted his head to the left like he was thinking, then he smirked softly. “I’ve got it, it really doesn’t take two people to build a fire.” He’d stacked the logs like he was building a cabin the dropped some leaves and kindling into the top of his little cabin and pulled a flint stone and a small knife from under his cloak, he sparked the stone against the knife only twice before the kindling took a flame and slowly grew into a good fire.

"Ambiades....you'll be okay, right?" Katudo asked the brown mare. He nickered in response then nudged his shoulder. Katudo snickered and nodded.

“How is it you knew who I was, but didn’t know about my injuries? Everyone who knows about me knows I’d suffered a career changing injury. Or did you Queen forget to mention that too?” Luke asked, his voice blank, it’s been on his mind since Katudo had reacted the scars on the left side of his face...

"It's a guess....a lucky one, at that. I have sword practice before....but I don't prefer to use a sword. The traditional bow or dagger is where it's at." Katudo chuckled, "As for your scars....I just guessed, again. I assumed that your scars were brought by from a fight or practice."

“Neither.” Luke said staring into the fire, he shifted his legs and sat cross legged, like he was about to meditate and kept staring into the fire.

"It was still a sword though, wasn't it?" Katudo asked, moving his hair back and smiling a little. I'd better cut my hair....I know the style of them but I'm starting to hate it. He thought.

He shook his head slowly, never taking his eyes off the fire. “No.” Bria moved to lay right behind her boy huffing softly and she readied herself for rest.

Katudo nodded then crossed his arms as he felt the warmth of the fire move against his skin. He shivered then chuckled. Ambiades moved closer to the young thief and prepared to sleep as well.

Luke let his eyes close as the fire started to dry his cloak and warm him bones. He started to relax as his breath deepened. He looked like he was asleep, but he was praying.
“Who trained you?” His voice was clear, showing that he hadn’t been asleep.

"I trained myself.....maybe that's why I'm so sloppy." Katudo remarked darkly, "I didn't have anyone on how to teach me to be a thief.....nor show me the essentials. I picked those for myself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back