• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
“That does explain a lot... But not how you’d become the Queen’s their. Unless they wanted you to be killed for spying...”. He opened his eyes slowly and blinked at the fire slowly, trying to get his eyes to focus.

"Oh? Then please explain what do you mean? I need to know....what did you mean? How to know archery? How did I know how to analyze things and see possible results clearly?" Katudo asked, his head starting to hurt as he grew confused.

“You’re noisy, you talk to much, you trip over yourself and when you were spotted instead of trying to play it off like you were a messenger you ran away from someone dressed as a Queen’s guard.” Luke leaned back onto Bria, pulling his cloak around himself. “If I’d acted in such a matter I’d been marked a coward and sent to a battle field to die.” His voice was never changing, it was low and calm, as he let his eyes close again resting against his mare.

"Thanks for that......thanks a lot...." Katudo muttered as he turned away from the flames then turned to his pack, opening it and feeling something sharp in there. His eyes widened as he knew he found his dagger. If you were captured by Attolia....your queen would do anything to get you back...alive....or incapable of moving the arm.

“You’re not hopeless... You just need someone to train you.” Luke could hear Katudo dogging through the pack, it held mostly food and water but there was gloves and blankets as well as the boys dagger. Luke has thought the boy would make a run for it so he was trying to give the lad no reason to come back if he did flee.

Katudo sighed with relief and turned to look over at Luke. "Thank you....." He said quietly and folded his knees close to chest, "For helping me...."

“I’m just doing my duty, for Queen and Country.” His voice had softened as he was starting to let himself relax, he wouldn’t sleep. Too much could happen if he were to sleep, he was just trying to relax before the blizzard hit.

Katudo nodded and he started to laugh a little but he shook his head and turned back to face the fire. He stroked Ambiades' mane as he moved a blanket around him.

Luke sighed softly trying to make his breathing match Bria’s. The wind was picking up speed, but the fire was safe from being blown out by the way Luke had stacked the wood, if anything the wind was making the fire grow.

Katudo shivered a little and watched the fire. "I...I do.....I know.....but why don't I feel it?" He asked himself and turned to Luke then back to the fire, "Don't I?"

Luke took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes to look at the boy. “What are you going on about?” He looked as confused as he sounded.

"Woolgathering.....just woolgathering." Katudo responded, shaking his head, "The cold is most likely addling my mind..."

Luke made a face and groaned as he realized what the kid was saying. "You southerns are so damn fragile..." He stood up and pulled his cloak off, he moved closer to Katudo and wrapped it around the boy then sat down beside him keeping Katudo on his right side again.

Katudo stopped shivering even though it was getting colder. "Not my fault I'm not used to the cold. I've never been to the North." He said quietly.

Luke smiled lightly with a chuckle. "It's okay. It's only one of the flaws of being born a southern." He said still smiling lightly.

(Gtg for night)

Katudo smiled a little. "Heh....guess you're right." He mumbled as he continued to stare at the fire from a glance.

(see you tomorrow)

"Another would be how brightly you all dress." Luke said squinting lightly. "You want to blind in, not be a peacock among pigeons."

(Morning)

"I'll give you that as well.....So, I should wear black and gray then to camouflage myself with the structure and bricks of the castle?" Katudo asked.

Luke nodded lightly, just soft little movements of his head. “As long as you aren’t in Sounis. The walls of that castle have an off yellow color.” Like tugged on his cloak still wrapped around Katudo, “Dress to match, it doesn’t always mean dress in greys and blacks, it just means you need to know where you’re going and how to be invisible.”

"You....can have your cloak back. I don't want to be rude and take it from you." Katudo said to Luke, "And...I get it. Speaking of Sounis, there are rumors of him wanting to marry Eddis. You want to let that happen?"

‘I’ll kill him myself before I let that happen’ Luke thought to himself as his jaw clenched. “It is my job to stand by my Queen, no matter what she decides.” He shook his head at the offer of his cloak back, he was fine he didn’t need it back at this time.

"I may be Attolian.....but I agree with Eddis. Sounis is just a bastard....a gods damn mistake....still, makes me wonder though." Katudo nodded then sighed, content.

“Wonder what?” Luke asked making a face before he shifted to sit with his legs crossed again, he lightly folded his arms across his chest.

"How did he manage to become a king....and fall in love with Eddis? Why fall in love with a younger woman?" Katudo asked, not looking away from the fire.

Luke made a face and laughed out right. “Most relationships are between an older man and a younger woman... And no one said anything about love. He wants our resources.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back