• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Flight 162 (Land that Time Forgot themed) - Reboot

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ayHvpeX64iq9aw8creg1ItBTA_FHQz72vyF-nXQ93w1If__syx7Wzafpd9qP8h93ePikwkt19quj8EaXWUlp5kuSDwclPm6zIY9xLNVu0Q8vUU_KAh_8u5TmblzdMXA0OFQTQGmD

Ignore the Dinotopia reference. I am using the map for its geography. The crash site will be beached on the south shore of Dolphin Bay (SW corner of the Island).

A passenger jet on a flight from Honolulu to Sidney experienced an unexpected and violent storm about an hour after takeoff. From the crew standpoint they had lost all communications. GPS went out. Soon they realized they were in even more trouble than they could imagine. Flight 162 crashed soon after.

The flight crew did what their training told them to do. Go for a beach landing if there were no people. But they couldn’t spot any stretches of beach long enough. The land was undeveloped, so fields were unavailable. All they were left with was a water landing. Naturally they did their best to set down as close to shore as possible and used a river inlet. But the pilot did manage to beach the jetliner. The crew was forced to have the passengers evacuated though. The evacuation forced everyone to leave everything behind.

After the evacuation the Captain allowed a small team to return to remove any carry on baggage, galley supplies, first aid kits, blankets and such. The rear third of the plane was submerged.

Characters
Pilot 4
Flight Attendants 8
Passengers 365
22 First Class
70 Business Class
273 Economy Class
Total: 377 souls

Note: It IS possible to fill a passenger slot with a pilot, or flight attendant. They could be travelling somewhere.

Disallowed character types
Terrorist
Air Marshal
Anything similar.

*Sure, you can be military or ex-military, law enforcement. But you won’t be allowed weapons. Feel free to make clubs or makeshift weapons though.

Please use the CS format I will provide. No animated gifs.
I encourage everyone to make more than one character. Pick one or two as your mains.

Blank CS

Setting
The survivors of the crash will soon learn that the island (about 200 miles across) is teeming with prehistoric life. It is, in many ways, the land that time forgot. Megafauna, gigantism, and dangerous plants are abundant.

They will also soon discover ruins of a culture that once thrived on the island. (Think of the sort of ruins found in Dinotopia.) This culture was of a Polynesian origin. Any written language found will be hieroglyphic in nature similar to Maya. But the language will be completely unfamiliar. It consists of over 1200 symbols, which do not correspond to letters or numbers.

Yes, there will be surprises I have not mentioned. Like the fact that there are still natives on the island. And there is a reason their civilization fell.

Decent spelling and grammar
My usual RP calls for a bit of content. I will be relaxing that a little bit. 2-3 good paragraphs is acceptable. But do not be surprised if I write 2-4 pages at times.

Last edited:
Never saw that movie - just some clips - but pretty much. I am considering some mythological critters - but don't want to have dragons chewing on the aircraft, etc. If I do add such, they will be limited mainly to their lair / territory.

Never saw that movie - just some clips - but pretty much. I am considering some mythological critters - but don't want to have dragons chewing on the aircraft, etc. If I do add such, they will be limited mainly to their lair / territory.

Well there are several movies based in Skull Island, but I digress, lol. If this gains traction, I'd be down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back