• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem RP - Breath of War (Accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

HerculePyro

Arson on the Orient Express
1581734930690.png

Rivercross Village far to the west of the capital Astralis in the Belhemoth Empire sits close to a mystical fissure that separates the continent. A river passes through the town, connected directly to the capital, the water magically travels across the fissure and into the Beastmen territory plains on the other side. The village's largest export are the magical herbs that grow on the riverbank close to where it crosses.

Rivercross has a strong and respected militia force. The force often sails along the floating river and into the wildlands on the other side to hunt game, harvest exotic herbs and resources, and to clear out the many bandit camps that spring up close to the crossing. Though competent and respected by most in the Farming Province, they often come at odds with the soldiers of the Border Province, as one of the only border villages not under Prince Markham’s jurisdiction.

You are a member of the Rivercross militia. Whether a veteran or a new recruit, you’ll soon be heading across the fissure into the Wildlands.

Karliah awoke, the sun was peeking in through the shutters on her window. Kicking the sheets off her bed she hurried to get dressed, taking up the slender staff resting on the corner of her bed.

Today was the day!

The day she would step out of the town as an official member the of Rivercross Militia, the only fighting force in the whole empire whose purpose wasn’t to fight. Rather, their goal wasn’t to fight, but to fight in order to pursue their goal. She had heard tales of them sailing across the floating river into the Short-hair plains to trade or travelling north into the wildlands to take out the bandits that had been hounding the border province.

Karliah raced downstairs, where her mother was cooking up a storm, a full meal of stew bread and eggs to send her off on her first big day. Karliah devoured her food, kissed her mother on the cheek and waved goodbye as she hurried out of their cottage. Hurrying down the dirt paths she made her way from their church to the market square of the town and crossed over the river. Seated a little distance from the houses was the only other stone building in Rivercross.

The Militia Barracks.

Running quickly up the path towards it, she could see a dark figure standing on the balcony, shrouded in a dark black cloak, his hood up, she recognised the scout of the Militia; Joy. He turned and went back inside, leaving her sight.

1582360323518.png
Karliah bound up the steps, exhaled at the door, and stepped inside. She was greeted by a large candle-lit common room. She was almost surprised at how well furnished it was, there was even a bar at the back. The positioned all around the entrance were numerous weapons and armour stands.
She could see several people seated or standing around the common room, the now-hooded figure of Joy leaning down from the stairs. A tall blonde man walked over to her, his arms outstretched in greeting, his backup sword was sluing at his side.

“Well, well. The young lamb has arrived, right on time. We’ve met before but for what its worth,”
he held out his hand and smiled at her.

Karliah blushed in excitement and eagerly took the hand and shook, she winced as his firm grip crushed her fingers.

“I’m Brendan, captain of this little band of adventurers we call the Militia. And this – he turned to address the others. – Is our newest member, Karliah. Some of you might recognise her as the daughter of the local priest” he announced.

Karliah clutched her staff and bowed in greeting to everyone, practically shaking from her excitement.

“Now, she’s well trained in the healing arts, which is good. Some of you might remember what happened to Oliver,” Brendan said. A few of the older members all turned to look away, grimaces evident on their face. Karliah looked at Brendan with confusion.

“We don’t want another Oliver. The lamb can heal your wounds, but she can’t inflict any. Those of you going on the mission today, keep her safe,” Branden warned, his eyes lingering on the hooded figure on the stairs. Joy gave him a casual wave and returned upstairs.

Brendan turned back towards Karliah and smiled at her.

“Now. You won’t be heading off for a little bit, it would be a good idea to get to know the people you’re travelling with,” arm on her shoulder, like a proud parent, Brendan held ushered her forward into the room, inviting the members of the militia to come and greet the newcomer.

Imrae sat in the chair by the fire place, her bare legs were outstretched resting on a table opposite the fire. In her lap a tankard of ale which she occasionally lifted up with one hand to take a long drink. As per the custom of her order, she did not wear armor but a mix of leathers, feathers and furs which by most in the empire would seem scruffy, random and a bit revealing. Certainly her choice of clothing caught attention when she first came a few months ago, however Imrae cared little of such things, she was not wearing all this to attract or impress. There was meaning and tradition in her clothing something that imperials rarely bother to understand.

When the new girl was brought in and introduced, Imrae gave the girl a brief look and groaned. Karliah clearly did not meet the approval of the tribal princess and sword dancer. Being a healer was no doubt useful but she did not like the fact she was non combatant. That was something that made no sense to her. "You imperials are weird. Alarda do not bring non combatant into battle, unless they want to die. Otherwise tend to get them and others killed." She said out loud to whoever would listen.

Even though the sun had barely started its usual shift, Ula was already leafing through slightly worn pages of yet another tome she had come across. She had a habit of pacing the common area of the barracks as she read, and of course, was more at risk of someone bumping into her. This was nearly the case, as a man doing the rounds with handing on drinks almost spilled tankards filled with drinks over her and her tome. "Hey, watch it! This thing cost me a good bit of money and time!" She shouted, snatching the tome off the table and feeling her temper flare up at the thought of the aging book being irreversibly destroyed. Upon seeing the terrified visage of the man, she sighed, and muttered an apology, before he was on his way again. Ula shook her head, about to go back to her intense studying of the pages before her, until the door to the Barracks opened, and she watched a girl make her way in.

Ula believed she was lost, though, was proven wrong by the captain's words and his approaching of her. It was then that it began to make more sense when Brendan explained - this was the daughter of the village priest. Another healer to replace the old one who kicked the bucket far too soon. At Brendan's mention of Oliver, she couldn't help but grimace at the thought of his death. She had only been with the Militia for a month or so now, but she was unfortuante to witness the poor healer's tragic demise. Terribly messy, that poor wrangled little man. Enemies sure loved to get the jump on healers. Ula hoped it wouldn't be the same with this one.

Though, Ula tried to cast such gruesome, gory thoughts from her head, and instead, focused on going and introducing herself. A friendly face would help her settle, she was sure, plus as Brendan mentioned, she would be travelling with them. So, with her tome closed and clutched to her chest, she approached Karliah as she was being urged further in by Brendan. "Karliah, right? Good to have you on the team! I'm Ula, one of the Mages here in the Militia," she explained and introduced herself. Oddly enough, she didn't introduce herself as a Dark Mage. Oh, well, that would come in time yet.

Upon Alarda's words - a strange human, for she dressed so much differently than the Imperials, but then again, wasn't well educated on the different cultures and such up this end - she looked over her shoulder to her, and she said, "I have to say Healers prove rather useful, provided they have enough protection." She alluded to poor Oliver. She didn't know him all that well, but witnessing that on the otherside of the battle field was something else.

HerculePyro HerculePyro ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Whap. Whap. WAP.
That was the sound made when Revek repeatedly bashed a training dummy with a training sword, as an actual axe would've slices it to pieces. That's it, now. You know it's working when my hand is starting to hurt.

Few more swings. Gotta feel the burn, despite what some 'professionals' might say. "Hey." A militiaman said, putting their hand on Revek's shoulder?!
Immediately, the fighter turned around and raised the trainer to... just lower it. "Oh. What is it."

"New person is in town. You should probably meet them." They said, pointing a thumb at the barracks. And then promptly walking to them.

Ah, I suppose I will then. Revek placed the trainer on a nearby table and then went over to the barracks to see this new recruit.
"...the healing arts, which is good. Some of you might remember what happened to Oliver,” the Captain was heard saying as Revek walked in to see him introducing a healer. The only reaction from her about -that- was a stoic, silent glare.

Eventually, as Brendan finished talking, he allowed everyone to introduce themselves to their new ally. "Hey." Revek said... "You can call me Revek. I didn't catch your name though."

HerculePyro HerculePyro

Karliah looked around expectantly, most of the militia members simply gave polite nods before returning to their business. A few came over to shake her hand or give her a pat on the back.

The first who really stuck out was a strangely dressed woman seated over by the fire, she was the first openly hostile person to “introduce themselves”. Karliah’s face dropped and she looked to Brendan in confusion. Before he could respond, another woman, who was unmistakably not human, stepped up to greet her. Karliah found herself admiring the blue skin and fins in her hair. To her relief, she spoke up in defence of healers and Karliah relaxed the grip on her staff.

She then acknowledged the tome in her arms.

“Oh a mage! Would you be able to teach me? I’ve only ever learned how to wield staves, I was hoping to learn more after joining the militia,” Karliah explained. She spoke loud enough for the woman at the fire to hear her.

Another woman must have just been training, judging by the sweat, walked up and introduced herself.

“Oh, I’m Karliah, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” She replied, offering her hand.

Beside her, Brendan nodded.

“Ula and Revek here, are going to be accompanying you today,” he informed Karliah. He took a step forward and called out to Imrae.

“And I think our lonely SwordDancer can go along as well to make sure our non-combatant healer gets home safely” He declared loudly. A few of the other members all chuckled, smirking at the Sword-Dancer, they all knew well enough of her inability to get along with new people quickly.
Brandan than turned back to Ula and Revek.

“Best get ready you two, make sure you’ve got your supplies and that your axe is sharp. Ula as the main backline fighter on the trip I’m placing Karliah directly in your care. If someone’s running to attack her, jump in the way of the blade… cause if you get hurt, she can heal you. If she gets hit, no one gets healed.” Brandan said.

“That being said, make sure to take a vulnary or two in case she can’t reach or they do get a lucky hit in. When Joy finally gets down from his perch in the attic, he’ll fill you in on where you’re going. I had him scout out the area a few days ago,” Brendan continued, glancing up at the stairs waiting for the sly thief to get down.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Arcanist Arcanist Agent Agent

Imrae frowned at the response to her comment regarding her new member, like she was being treated as a damn savage. She than decided to shrug it off returning to look back in the fire as some of the others introduce themselves to the new member. "I do understand the importance of a healer." She said in a tone of incredulity despite attempting to be dismissive."No reason she cant learn to wack people with the staff she care. She can fight and heal and saves people from needing to protect her. But I am just a savage what do I know."

She stood walked over to the table where the drink and food was played and picked herself some bits and pieces for herself. She picked a table away from the group and began to eat as Brandan began to call out orders and a tease at her expense. "If I must. " She replied simply. Indeed she was not the most approachable or nicest person in the group but she had proven herself in the few months in the group that she pulled her weight and took risk for those who earn her trust. Even her former outburst against the healer was for the good of everyone involved. "Well if there is anyone that needs a healer behind her constantly it is the Skunk." She commented out loud as she continued to eat.

The smells and sounds of the surrounding atmosphere permeated Tali's senses, as she sat alone at a table in the barracks' common room. She stared down at a mug of ale that had been placed at her table over an hour ago, although it hadn't been touched. She was unaccustomed to the foul-smelling drink, and had no desire to consume it. It hadn't been long since Tali had enlisted into the militia, and she found it a bit overwhelming to be in the same room with so many different people for the first time in her life. Very soon, it was possible that she would be traveling on an expedition into the Wildlands. The thought of entering the territory of others of her kind had occupied her mind all day, although she hadn't mentioned it to anyone. She was still very unfamiliar with the other members of her squad, although she had to admit some of them did intrigue her.

She watched silently from her seat as what appeared to be a newly-fled recruit entered the barracks. It was a young and rather slender human girl who, based on Tali's first impressions, seemed to be very delicate. Brendan, who was their band's captain, urged the rest of their group to welcome this new-comer. From her short time as part of the Rivercross militia, Tali had received a good impression of the man. He had spoken to her more nicely than some of the other soldiers, and Tali would say he even went as far as to show her respect.

Tali had no desire
to go against the captain's wishes; although, the girl was already engaged in conversation with two of the room's other occupants by the time she had even considered working up the nerve to introduce herself. During her short time in Rivercross, Tali had already seen so many new faces. Among them was an Atlanteen woman, who Tali found herself fascinated by but had never had the chance to speak to. Then there was a woman who was very unlike any other human Tali had ever seen. The clothes she wore were comprised entirely from animal hides and pelts, and Tali found herself feeling intimidated whenever she was in her presence. Tali had glanced over in her direction a few times since she had been seated at her current table, although the woman had yet to notice. The sword dancer was not the only imposing figure in the room however, as there was also another soldier with oddly colored black and white hair, who was quite tall in comparison to most human females Tali had met. This fact alone was enough to make Tali feel small in the axe wielder's company, which was most likely the reason for her discomfort around the woman. Despite her current awkwardness, as well as her "uninviting" demeanor, deep down Tali was excited at the thought of becoming more familiar with her new comrades.

As she continued to observe the room quietly, Tali's eyes trailed up the stairway to where the militia's scout, Joy, had disappeared not long after the new recruit had entered the room. Tali found herself...curious about him. There was something about the man that Tali found a bit...peculiar. Something that no one else seemed to notice. The man seemed to have the habit of appearing briefly one moment, before departing shortly afterwards. Perhaps this was the only "odd" thing about him that others noticed, or maybe they found it normal behavior for a thief.

As the commotion in the room began to rise, Tali turned her attention back to the young female healer. She noticed the way some of the troop's other members reacted to her presence, and Tali felt just a twinge of sympathy for the girl. She herself despised being looked down upon, and so when the captain suggested that the other members of their group sacrifice themselves if the girl found herself in danger, Tali scowled. If there was anything that Tali felt this human girl needed to learn, it was how to defend herself. Tali had no immediate desire to play the hero for this girl on the battlefield, although...as she thought about it, perhaps it could be used as an opportunity to show the other members of the militia that she was a capable fighter.

In any case, she decided that she would have to see for herself how things played out once everyone found themselves in the thick of the fighting. Apparently, they would soon be routing bandits that had been assaulting the Border Province. Or at least, that was what she overheard some of the soldiers whispering about recently. Their captain, Brendan, had not officially given any orders yet. Therefor, Tali could only make assumptions as he continued addressing everyone in the room.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Agent Agent Arcanist Arcanist HerculePyro HerculePyro

Last edited:
Crimson awoke late, as usual, and could already hear conversation beginning in the common room below. He forced himself out of bed and began to get ready for the day. First, he washed his face in the basin in his part of the barracks. Then he began to get dressed, quickly combed his hair and threw on his favorite wide-brimmed black hat. Looking in the mirror he was satisfied with the way he looked, so he began to head downstairs to the common room.

He arrived at the stairs just in time for the militia's scout, Joy, to push past him and to hear the tail end of Brendan's introduction of the new girl. Not that Crimson particularly needed to be introduced to Karliah, as practically everyone who lived in the Rivercross knew the priestess' daughter and that included the former resident party boy. He noticed Ula and Revek were introducing themselves, while Imrae was being her usual standoffish self, and figured he should probably reintroduce himself to her.

He came in behind Karliah and put an arm around her shoulder, "Well if it isn't little miss goody-two-shoes," Despite the nickname Crimson said it with no malice in his voice and a big smile on his face. "I'm Crimson, you probably remember my name from my parents coming by to pray for me to give up my party boy ways. Which seems to have worked, eh? Also don't mind Imrae's attitude too much, her bark is far worse than her bite. Unless you're an enemy, then you might want to watch out for that bite."

Ula smiled as Karliah recognised the tome in her arms, and she chuckled a little at her enthusiasm to learn from her. Whether she would want to learn from a Mage or a Dark Mage, however, was the one question she would have asked her. She took her hand and shook it heartedly, a smile continuing to flourish on her lips. "Well, Karliah, I would be happy to teach you! Any and all form of magic are great things to learn if you're fighting on the battlefield! Jabbing things with a spear or throwing an axe are good and all, but it only gets you so far." Or at least, that was what she told herself when she realised physically fighting wasn't for her.

Upon Brendan raising his voice once again, and addressing both her and Revek beside her, as well as Imrae who sat lounging near the fire as per. When Brendan had turned to Ula, instructing her that Karliah was in her care, and she should take means to take care of her and save her from getting hurt in battle, she nodded and with a beam said, "You got it, boss. I'll get her home without a scratch!" A bold claim, but one she would try to live to, all the same.

Imrae, it seemed, didn't take to Ula's comment so well. Judging by that incredulous tone, she seemed hurt by her words, which Ula never thought to be hurtful in any way, just making a simple point of a healer's importance in battle - physical or not. "But doesn't that go against the point of doing no harm...?" Ula wondered aloud, tapping her chin with some thought. Though, she shook her head. No point causing a ruckus over it, and especially not in front of a new recruit. She knew Imrae could be rather cold, even she had that experience on her first day here, and people were still trying to break through that exterior.

Another man of the militia came onto the scene, being none other than Crimson. He noticed how late he was onto the scene - not unusual, where he was concerned - and already he was getting friendly with the new recruit. She hoped it wasn't too friendly, for she had heard stories of his rowdy, boyish ways, and no less the large amount of attention he gave to women in particular. Ula couldn't help but feel some sort of need to protect Karliah come over her; perhaps it was because she could prove her worth for what all she lacked as a Atlanteen, or perhaps because she knew what it was like to be left to fend for herself. Well, she wouldn't let Karliah flounder under all this pressure or in the future battles to come. She swore it to herself!

Ula cocked her head at Crimson, raising an eyebrow as she quipped, "But I see all that praying did no good for you waking up at a reasonable time! Perhaps the conversion only worked partly for you?" In all fairness, Ula had no idea how 'conversions' or any such religion these humans partook in worked. She may have been wholly inaccurate in her quip, but she had learned to roll with it, and eagerly take corrections in her stride. In the corner of her eye, she noticed Tali sitting and observing, not having gotten up to greet the new recruit in their ranks. She had yet to speak to her properly, but often people had their own groups within the militia - people they ate with or preferred to spend their time around, or perhaps never quite met on the field of battle so easily - so she could understand how they hadn't sat to speak to one another properly.

HerculePyro HerculePyro ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Agent Agent CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Flintstone Flintstone

"Well if there is anyone that needs a healer behind her constantly it is the Skunk."
Revek scowled at her 'fellow comrade' as they made their best effort to remind everyone of her embarrassing nickname. "You shut your damn mouth." She then looked back at Karliah. "Don't listen to any of that crap she says about me. I'm not the one that needs to be babysat."
Hm. Maybe I need to tone it down a little. I'm getting a few looks.
Revek brandished a very slight smirk as she continued with her rant about not needing a healer. "If the captain says I'll need to protect you, I will, but for both our sakes... it better not come to that."

"...I'm going to get my axe now. See you in a few." She turned around to leave, making sure to shoot a death glare at that savage. And then bumping into a short person, with a ringing sound coming from them for some reason.
Revek looked down to a little girl in her way.
...heh.
"Careful. Might want to watch where you're standing." She then walked around them to go outside for her axe, but not before turning to the beast folk on the way out; "...or you might get stepped on." She said in a snarky manner.

HerculePyro HerculePyro ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Karliah’s eyes darted across the hall to the different members of the militia, primarily to the ones who had spoken to her and were now engaging in a mild conversation, though it seemed more like banter to her.
She would have spoken up at Ula’s insistence about hitting people with her staff, that they weren’t designed for melee combat and would most likely break if she were to hit someone with it, but Ula seemed quick to retort. She was excited by the prospect of learning magic from the beautiful beastman, or beastwoman. Karliah wasn’t positive on the terminology.
She was distracted again as a man came downstairs and introduced himself. The first line from his mouth didn’t do much to improve her opinion of him. She recalled his name, however, his mother had been in confession just the previous week discussing his bad habits. Though it was wrong to share what they learned in confession so Karliah kept mum about it.

Karliah continued to lack a chance to respond to any of them, as Brendan decided to speak up again.

“As you can see, although we’re a tight-nit little group here, some of our members haven’t had the time to get to know each other. And there’s nothing that builds relationships faster than a little fight for your life with bandits,” Brendan announced, smiling pleasantly.

He nodded to Revek as she left to go grab her axe, he saw her bump into the quiet beastfolk Tali.

“Tali, you can come too. I think you and Ula should try and bond a bit better, especially as I’m having Anthony go with you as well since he’s one of the few people with proper military training in this little fighting force of ours. Get along with one another, and if any of you play up, Joy will let me know. Karliah, you too. Don’t hesitate to smack some of their heads together if they start arguing. As far as I’m concerned, you’re second in command on this trip,” Brendan explained. With that and a wave, he headed upstairs to his office.

Karliah watched him go, turning her attention to the other beastfolk girl. He wondered why Brendan seemed to single her and Ula out in relation to this Anthony person. Was he another beastman?
Karliah jumped in fight as a hand tapped her shoulder, she nearly threw her staff in the air.

Turning quickly, she looked up at the smiling face of the hooded figure Joy, who had appeared behind her without her realising.

“Wow, jumpy aren’t ya? That’s good. Flinching is a sign of good reaction speed, and you’ll need that in battle. Though do your best to keep a hold of that staff,” He said pleasantly. Joy gave her an affectionate pat on the shoulder and stepped past her to address Ula, Imrae and Tali.

“Boats ready. I’ll need you newbies out quick. We’re travelling north to the wildlands through Beastfolk territory. It’ll be a lot harder to spot any short-hairs at night than it will in the day,” He said. Joy moved to turn around, his black feather cloak staying surprisingly straight as he turned.

Karliah spoke up in concern, “Wait, I thought the short-hairs were friendly? Do we really have to worry about them?”

Joy turned to her; his head tilted.

“Of course! Just because they won’t rip us apart and eat us like the Savage tribe doesn’t mean they won’t be hostile to humans in their territory. And even the short hairs are considerably stronger than humans. In daylight they should hesitate to look at us before attacking. Some of them are familiar with our militia and like Brendan. But not all beastfolk have night vision so they’ll be more likely to strike without asking. Now get a move on! Or would you rather have some Elkman turn you into the next Oliver?” Joy concluded, his loud voice ringing in Karliah's ears. He pulled his mask up to cover his mouth and left the barracks.

Karliah’s face blanked at another reference to the previous healer, she was getting really concerned about what happened to him. That was her first time speaking to Joy. He was odd, his words seemed to carry weight and authority, but the wide-eyed grin on his face the whole time as he spoke put her at ease, lessening the impact of what he said.
As he moved off she turned back to Ula.

“Is he the second in command? I thought the only one in charge was Brendan? Also… what did happen to Oliver?” She hesitantly asked.

"Careful. Might want to watch where you're standing...or you might get stepped on." Tali's ears flattened backwards atop her head, her golden tail flicking back and forth at the axe wielder's 'snide' comment. The woman had accidentally bumped into her as she had finally stood to go greet the new recruit, who's name Tali had now clearly memorized as "Karliah." While it was true Tali was not typically one who was quick to anger, the burly female's words had bristled her fur in just the right way.

Without uttering a single word in retort, Tali proceeded to transform in the middle of the common room. Now standing at just over 3 feet tall at the shoulder as well as past 5 feet in length; a size that was quite intimidating for a feline, Tali let out a low hiss. She flexed her claws, as the lean muscles across her torso twitched with agitation. Her piercing amber eyes met the fighter's gaze, baring straight into her. Without incident, the tall and arguably masculine female had continued on her way out the doorway.

The captain's instructions caught Tali's attention, and she reverted back to her half-human form as her eyes widened with embarrassment. She'd been attempting to adopt her best behavior, although it appeared she had managed to lose control of her temper. Expecting to be reprimanded, instead the captain had informed her that she and the Beastwoman named Ula would be accompanying a man named "Anthony" during their next mission, alongside the priest's daughter. While not appearing to be outwardly angry or annoyed apart from his furrowed brow, Tali was certain she caught a smug look on the captain's face as he waved dismissively to them before withdrawing to his office.

Not wishing to get even further out of line, Tali finally walked up to Karliah, where she was now standing next to Joy. The two of them finished exchanging words as Joy gave everyone his orders. Once he had exited the room, Tali decided she would try to go speak to the girl. "Hello," she murmured, her voice barely more than a soft mewl. One of her ears batted nervously as she tried to introduce herself. "I'm Tali. I'm pretty new here, myself. I enlisted into the Rivercross militia a little over a week ago, from the Farm Province." She told her. Admittedly Tali still felt a bit awkward while attempting conversation with the girl, mostly due to her earlier outburst. In the back of her mind she wondered what sort of impression she had given to the new recruit, and she hoped it wasn't an entirely negative one.

Agent Agent
HerculePyro HerculePyro

Last edited:
Imrae could not help smirk as she finished her meal and drink, a little at both Crimsons comment about her and Revek retort to her little comment. "That is accurate." She said at Crimson giving him a light wink. "Late as usual, I sometimes swear you would sleep through a battle outside. "She shrugged, all the while noting Tali staring at her nearby at the corner of her eyes. She had spotted Tali before staring at her, what was the interest she wondered." Why should I complain it is just more kills for me. So I should actually thank you." She continued her comment as she moved to approached Tali and Ula as they began to prepare to escort the new girl.

She got there in time to see the spat between Tali and the skunk, raising an eyebrow when the beast girl transformed into her tiger form. A magnificent creature indeed, her people would have given much to hunt such a creature and return the belt to their tribal chief as offering. It would have earned them a lot of renown. Sadly the captain seemed to step in just in time before anything really happened between the two. Imrae will have to see the two in action on the battlefield which she supposed was the best for all involved. Joy soon appeared in his usual manner and gave them more details of the assignment. "Oh nice, i am keen to add another piece of beastfolk hide on my armour." She commented giving expecting look at Tali expecting a reaction.

She approached the new girl. "What do you think happened, came to a sticky end." She answered Karliah's question though she did not really know the story. " I suppose i should make this official, Healer, Imrae Khan of the Aldara tribe. In some ways i am like you, a priestess of my people. You might call me a heretic though."

Ula couldn't help but watch Revek walk off to gather her stuff, especially after her rather aggressive response back to Imrae and her own teasing comment. Though, in the process, she had been witness to Revek almost bumping into someone on her way out - the smaller beastwoman,that Ula had laid her eyes upon earlier. She frowned at the threat that came from Revek. Clearly, it was used with her own entertainment in mind, but it didn't prove quite entertaining to Ula, nor to Tali, as it would be later found out.

Finding herself distracted, Ula watched the girl turn from what could have been an unassuming and small young beastwoman, into a vicious feline, with sharpened claws, clear strength in its body, and amber eyes that could strike terror into any victim of hers. Ula had seen a few transformations such as Tali's over the past month of her being in the militia, but each one always seemed to strike and impress her. Such long limbs, such a terrifying yet graceful stature she held in her second form! Ula couldn't help but feel somewhat jealous at her possessing such a form, one that far surpassed her own, and she wondered if she had been born into Tali's line of Beastmen had she been a vicious feline, or a meek kitten.

Ula had soon been pulled out of her thoughts by Brendan's voice, and a list of instructions that had been included with it. Some for Karliah, and some for Tali, that pertained to Ula. Something about trying to 'bond' a little, and to get along with one another. Considering she was the only other fighter with the blood of Beastmen, she supposed it would be a good idea for the two of them to get along. Easy, right? Though, at the mention of Anthony, Ula had felt her gills go funny. There was something about him that unsettled her slightly, just the air he gave off whenever she had been around him or close to him. She hadn't spent any great length of time speaking to him, but she noticed he seemed uncomfortable whenever she was near...oh, perhaps she was overthinking it. It was normal for new people like all of them to be around each other. She knew she had been like that at first, coming from such an isolated home.

Anyway, she hoped Karliah or Joy or anyone else for that matter wouldn't be smacking anyone's heads together. Speaking of, Joy had finally appeared out of the shadows to tell them they would be taking the boats whilst they travelled up north to the wildlands, and gave a warning to them all about the possible dangers they may face with short-hairs not knowing who they were at first glance. She hoped all this information hadn't started to freak Karliah out, especially when the infamous Oliver was metnioned once again.

After Tali had introduced herself, and a few of them began to make their move out of the barracks, Karliah then turned to Ula with a series of questions. When Karliah had asked finally about Oliver, Ula seemed hesitant herself for a moment. She wasn't really sure what had happened to him. She hadn't really gotten a straight answer about that. When she opened her mouth, she was going to sheepishly admit to that, though, it seemed Imrae had popped in with her own answer. She felt some slight relief at that, not having to awkwardly meander her way in telling her that she didn't know. Though, to the other questions, Ula was at least able to answer them.

"Joy is actually a senior member of the militia," she began with a smile. "He's been here longer than most of us, I would think. Guess Brendan trusts him enough to kind of keep us in the right direction on missions." After she explained that, she looked back to Tali, who was following along in her silence, and she supposed now was a good time to strike up some sort of conversation, or 'bond' between them.

"Don't mind Revek, by the way. She can seem rather intimidating sometimes." After that, she barely waited for a response on that before she snapped up the oppurtunity to talk about her transformation. "But you seem able to hold your ground regardless! Your other form is incredible. I'm sure that'll be a great asset on the battlefield for sure."

HerculePyro HerculePyro
Agent Agent
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Anthony's time with the militia so far has been... Somewhat rough. While he lived nearly the same as he did back him, he missed his family. His father's pride in him, his mother's love... Lacking these for the first time weighed more on him than his armor. He had encountered a real Beastman for the first time here, too. With all that he had heard from his mother and father, he could never be at ease around them. He had only been on one mission so far, and even then it was shaky. He wasn't used to fighting in a group, and had been silent and tense the entire time. He was lonely as well, since his helmet was all that sat next to him during meals.

However, things seemed like they'd get better. He was specifically selected for another mission, but on this one he'd surely be able to make himself useful. He had been preparing in the barracks, and had finally sharpened his sword. He kissed his "pendant" for luck and left his room. Normally, he'd wait until before they departed to do so, but he wanted luck making a good impression. He walked out of his room and began walking into the main room. He entered just in time to see... A Beastman transforming. He reached for his sword, but stopped. 'No, if she's in here, she must be friendly.' He reasoned with himself. His eyes darted to it's target. It was a rather burly woman, so she'd survive if his judgement was wrong. The woman left and Captain Brendan approached "Tali" and she transformed back into human form. Hopefully she'd get reprimanded for-

Anthony's eyes widened and he jumped a bit as Captain Brendan said he'd be accompanying the Savage. He was shocked. He'd have to fight alongside someone who didn't seem at all hesitant to threaten an ally? Was she really on his side?! He turned his head to Captain Brendan to "pull him aside" and ask for literally any other group, but to his dismay, he had already left. He looked into the room and gulped. No. He'd grab this horrible situation by the horns. This was his first chance to prove himself to the militia, to himself, and to his father. He would not waste it because some cat got it's tongue grabbed.

He rubbed his face and assumed his usually stern expression. He forced himself to move towards Tali and the group that had gathered around her, including another Beastwoman, as much as his mind and body said not to. "Hello." he choked out, before looking away and clearing his throat to try again. "I'm Anthony. I'm going to be working with some of you during the next mission." He offered a handshake to everyone but Tali. Someone who'd threaten an ally so readily and blatantly didn't deserve a courteous greeting in his eyes. "What are all of your names?"

Last edited:
Crimson chuckled good-naturedly at the comments on his inability to get up at a reasonable time, "Alright, alright. I admit that some old habits die hard and oversleeping is one of them." He watched with amusement as Revek and Tali squabbled and removed his arm from Karliah's shoulder when Joy walked up from behind and startled the girl. "I think I could get used to a team like this. What with three exotic beauties, the amazonian beauty that is Revek, a priest girl which is attractive in its own way, the ever enigmatic Joy, and the new guy who seems like the kind of guy I could get a drink with," He nodded to Anthony with a smirk as he said that last part. "I truly am blessed to be paired with such awe-inspiring companions. 'Tis almost enough to make a guy want to pray daily in gratitude to the higher powers."

Blood rushed to fill Tali's face, her striped cheeks reddening with astonishment, as the sword dancer Imrae's remark found its way to her ears. Beast hides?! Just who is this woman, anyway? Tali wondered, although she didn't allow the words to escape her mouth. Instead she chose to flash the woman a snarl, revealing her slightly pointed canines. First the axe wielder Revek, and now Imrae...it seemed there were quite a few members of the militia who underestimated her, viewed her as an animal, or just weren’t very fond of her in general. Of course, Tali was used to this type of treatment. Her entire life she'd faced scorn from the neighboring villagers in the farm province that she'd once called home. Even when she'd first enlisted into the militia, she had immediately noticed the awkward stares some of the soldiers had given her. As a result, Tali had chosen to keep to herself for the most part, although she had no intentions of letting anyone's unsavory attitudes deter her from her goals.

Tali stood rigidly as the fur-clad woman introduced herself to Karliah, but her attention was quickly shifted away from her current unease as the dark mage Ula suddenly addressed her. Although not given the chance to reply to her initial comment, Tali allowed herself to relax as the Atlanteen woman complimented her openly in front of the rest of the group. She gazed up at the half human, half reptilian female, admiring her glistening scaly skin for a brief moment before allowing her face to form into a more pleasant smile. "Thank you," Tali replied. "You seem pretty formidable, yourself. I'm sure your magic will be very useful out there."

Before she had the chance to continue her conversation with the dark mage, Tali spotted a stoic looking man make his way across the room to where the members of her squad had gathered. He introduced himself as Anthony, and Tali immediately realized that this was the man that the captain had assigned to accompany them on the upcoming mission. He proceeded to shake everyone's hands, including Ula's. However, when Tali extended her clawed fingers towards his out of courtesy, her gesture was not met. Tali stared at him incredulously for a long moment, her gaze only interrupted once she overheard one of the soldiers whose name was Crimson compliment her beauty, along with the other females in the room. The man was one of the nicest soldiers she had met, even if he was a bit coquettish. Tali instantly came to the conclusion that there was something about this man Anthony, however. Something that she just blatantly did not like. Unsurprisingly of course, given his abrasive behavior. When the man asked for their names, Tali simply decided to walk away without giving him an answer, flicking her tail brazenly as she exited out the barracks front gateway.

Arcanist Arcanist ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Dolches Dolches Flintstone Flintstone

Last edited:
Oh crap...
The cat girl didn't like that, and transformed into a big cat. Revek tried her hardest to keep a straight face, hiding the fact that she was a little intimidated.
Luckily the captain came in to interrupt, and Revek could continue walking outside. She grabbed her iron axe that she left on a table of training weapons, and leaned it on her shoulder as she walked back inside.

In the 14 seconds she was gone, a man by the name of Anthony came in to introduce himself and give out handshakes to everyone... but the beast girl.
...Revek kept her laughter internal as the cat person angrily walked off.
"Anthony, huh?" The warrior asked, extending her hand to shake his. "You can call me Revek."

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Dolches Dolches

Karliah started in fright as a bright flash accompanied Tali's transformation into her true beast form. The intimidating glint in her slitted eyes, the powerful and taut muscles of her legs, the sharp claws and fangs; this was the clear embodiment of a beast. Just as quickly as she transformed into the cat form, she transformed back and gave a barely audible "hello". Karliah didn't have time to process it, however, as the woman who had insulted her lack of combat ability earlier made a snide comment towards Tali; discussing the hides of her race. Karliah felt the blood drain from her face at the horror she would feel if she were to see a human's skin adorning someone else's clothes. Turning she covered her mouth, struggling to withhold her retching at the thought.

As such she was distracted when Anthony appeared and began to shake peoples hands. Despite his reputation, she was relieved that Crimson and Ula were part of the team accompanying her. She was starting to have doubts about the camaraderie and prestige that had been used to describe the militia to her before. Crimson was dreamily braying his delight at being surrounded by women and Ula was starting up a conversation with Tali. Karliah relaxed slightly as tensions seemed to die down before a loud voice cawed at them from outside the barracks.

"Hurry up! I said we gotta cross the short-hair plains before nightfall didn't I! Get a move on!"

At the sound of Joy's voice Karliah turned and hurried out of the barracks and down the small path that Imrae and Joy had started on. She took a turn from the path she'd come up on which veered down towards the river. The large wooden boat came into view. It was larger than most fishing boats but unlike them, completely lacked a sail. Instead, it had two long pillars in the middle of it, small plumes of smoke billowing out from them. At the stern, there was a large round wheel, like those at the granary, it had large paddles. Joy was standing on the small dock, struggling to lead two horses across the small ramp onboard.

"FInally. Come give me a hand with this, I'm not good with horses," Joy called as he saw her approach.

Karliah was no stablehand but she moved to assist as best as she could. She took one of the leads and slowly walked forward onto the boat, gently cooing and stroking the horse's mane. Reluctantly the animal followed her, Joy's horse followed after and soon both were secured in the small stables at the centre of the vessel.

"Why are we taking horses? Do some of the party fight on horseback?" She asked the cloaked figure.

"No," he replied bluntly.
"They're for carrying our supplies. We can't cross all that ground fully adorned, we'd get exhausted far too quickly. The only time people should be riding them is if someone gets injured and we need to carry them back. Though obviously, that wouldn't really be the best-case scenario. Their other job is to bring stuff we find back. The bandits haven't just sprung up out of nowhere, they've been raiding the empires land for some time now, which means they'll have stolen goods in their camp. As much as it's our job to take them out, we need to secure the good as well," Joy informed her.

He turned and gave her a sly wink, to Karliah he was likely smirking underneath his mask.

"But if a little something or other gets lost on the return trip well that's just unlucky," he mused.

Karliah pursed her lips and glared at her senior, her worry about her new job increasing.

Last edited:
Ula couldn't help but smile back at Tali. Even if she was from a different clan of Beastmen from her own, she could find a kindred spirit in her. She knew not to judge so quickly upon a vicious and threatening form, especially when she knew it was a primary weapon and defense to use to the user's advantage. If only most people had felt the same as her though...despite such thoughts, Tali let her smile grow wider, as she bowed her head, showing her appreciation to the Savage. "Thank you, I sure hope so! Otherwise, I'm sure I would be entirely useless to you. What's a mage without magic, huh?" She joked with a grin. Though, she noticed Tali's gaze had shifted from her, and curious, Ula had followed it to see where it had gone.

She had noticed a man walking towards them, a stern expression stuck on his face. Yet, something in his movements seemed oddly forced, almost betraying a feeling of nervousness that he sought to hide. It only confirmed this observation to Ula when he had choked out a greeting. Though, she tried not to let that colour her opinion of him too quickly. He was probably simply nervous, being sent on another mission. Time would ease that, she was sure. When he had shook hands with them, and asked of their names, Ula put on another friendly smile as she always did, and she answered with her name. She would have perhaps said more, something along the lines of hoping that this group would all work together, though, caught the slight he made when he chose not to take Tali's hand when she offered it.

Oh.

Something inside of Ula's head simply clicked. The nervousness wasn't a social anxiety around others, or even a slight nervousness of being sent on another mission with the militia. She had wondered if she was part of the problem, yet, he seemed willing to shake her hand and ask of his name. Perhaps this nervousness of his was because of Tali. She didn't want to think that was the case. Though, unfortunately, it seemed as if Tali had come to the same conclusion, her tail in quite a stir as she had made her way towards - and eventually out - the barrack doors. Ula found it difficult to contain her frown, and could feel the temptation to let something malignant fall so effortlessly off her tongue, until Joy had shouted for them. The Atlanteen swallowed back, breathed in, and out. No use getting so ill-tempered. For now.

Eventually, Ula had followed the others out of the barracks, and down a path that eventually led them towards a river. Thank Soloman a kind boat of transport was to be provided for them - Ula didn't fancy swimming all the way to their next mission. Mostly because she didn't fancy trying to wash whatever the water decided to bring to her attire. Karliah was eventually called over by Joy to help her with the horses, who seemed heistant to make their way onto the mode of transport.

As the two conversed, Ula looked to the others, and she commented, "Well, hope we all have some good stories to tell as we travel. Or, uh..." Her fingers tapped her chin as she hummed, trying to figure out the term for what she was looking for. "Sea...shanties, right?"

HerculePyro HerculePyro
Agent Agent
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth
Flintstone Flintstone
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Dolches Dolches

The sight of the ship she would soon be departing on immediately caught Tali's eye, and she marveled at the sight of it. She took a moment to fully observe the ship's construction, first noticing the two cylindrical "stacks" at the boat's back end. The entire craft was built mostly from wood it seemed, with a flat open deck and what appeared to be two animal stalls in the middle. The rear half of the ship also included a relatively large seating area, the top of which was conveniently covered in the event of unfavorable weather. The most peculiar part of the ship's design was the furnace near the vessel's churning paddles, where Tali noticed a strange light emanating from what she assumed to be a gemstone. The most obvious feature the craft was missing were its sails, and as Tali continued to stare at the ship, she began to wonder if it was possible for such a boat to be powered by magic. Tali also noticed storage crates tied securely to both the port and starboard sides of the ship. The entire boat was roped around the sides; which would prevent anyone from falling off under normal circumstances, Tali reasoned. For a brief second she entertained the idea of shoving that clod "Anthony" into the river, and her tail twitched excitedly at the notion.

Tali batted the thought out of her mind, as Joy shouted loudly for the other members of their group to assemble themselves onto the ship. She spotted him standing next to the boat's large wooden wheel, making preparations to leave the dock. Tali made her way quickly on board, taking a seat as she noticed Karliah exit the barracks. She looked on while Joy asked the young girl to help him usher the horses into their stables on the boat. Tali observed the way the priest's daughter stroked the creatures affectionately, and for a small instant...her thoughts flashed to the lady of her former estate, and the way she used to caress her fur. Tali realized she had never ridden a horse, before. The poor beasts. What a burden it must be to have no other purpose besides serving as a human's pack mule, or their means of transport. She thought.

After the horses were secured, Tali listened as Joy explained some further details of the upcoming mission to Karliah. Although his words had not been aimed directly at her, Tali made sure to keep what he had said in mind. Tali turned her eyes toward the barrack's front gates, where the other members of her squad had exited and were now making their way aboard the ship. Among them was the Atlanteen woman, Ula. Tali's striped cheeks pulled backwards as she flashed the mage a smile, offering her a seat next to her on the boat. Hoping she would accept it, Tali's ears pricked up as the Atlanteen woman mentioned...'sea shanties.' "I'm not sure I've heard any of those." Tali replied, herself being unsure what exactly a "sea shanty" was.

Arcanist Arcanist
Dolches Dolches

Last edited:
Imrae smirked seeing she had struck a nerve with a beast girl but was also a little disappointment. Rather than standing up for herself and showing what she was made of, she simply walked away. A pity really a girl with such power and did not stand up for herself, this was something Imrae had to sort out. She was tempted to go after Tali but Anthony and Crimson made themselves known and drew her attention. She crossed her arms when Anthony offered his hand to her and simply gave a curt nod and grunt of as an acknowledgement. Now there was another who need a shot of courage in him, they were in a military group why were so many so timid. One did know how to battle, the other would not stand up for herself and one could not even so confidence when introducing themselves.

"Gods and me as well were proof actual skill in battle in show of gratitude rather than prayer. Maybe you will even get a chance to do more than leer at us as well." She commented back to crimson in a flat tone which made it difficult to decipher whether she was serious or joking. With the introduction done there was some brief chatting among the crew which she did not participate before there was a call to get on the boat. She casually followed the others on to the boat. There was a change in Imrae when she entered the ship, she seemed to ease and appear more comfortable than she appeared on land. She studierd every part of the ship with a critical eye. "Several decades with my people and you imperials still know nothing about sailing. " She muttered more to herself than anyone in particular.

Last edited:
Ula, in the meanwhile, watched the activity increase on the boat for prepartion in departing. They must have had plenty of things to bring along with them - no doubt the simple things to keep them alive, plus the battle gear they would need to ensure their survival as well. Eventually, her gaze turned back to her comrades, some of whom had taken seats. Her eyes landed on Tali, who gave her a wide beam, and patted the seat beside her. She smiled back and approached the empty seat, making herself rather comfortable in it.

Upon reference to her earlier comment, Tali admitted that she had never heard a sea shanty. Ula chuckled a little, before she explained, "I never heard one until I got on a boat. I was heading to a port town with my eldest sister when they started singing while they worked on the boat. You should have heard my sister cackle at my confused look," she laughed a little again, relishing in the old memory, back when she was close with her. "I always forget the name of them, hence my hesitance earlier. But basically, a sea shanty is a song sung by sailors and the like as they travel the seas, usually structured with a solo by one person and then a chorus where everyone sings together." Ula had hoped the explanation was enough for Tali to understand. She found it rather odd to wrap her head around the first time. Humans were strange creatures, in many ways.

Hearing Imrae mutter something about Imperials knowing nothing about sailing, especially when having her own people to help with such knowledge, Ula cocked her head, and asked, "Is it much different from how the Alarda do it?" She didn't ask as if to pit her tribe against the Imperials' knowledge, but much rather because of Ula's genuine curiosity. She wasn't sure she had sailed with Alarda before. She probably would have known, given their style of dress, and perhaps a similar personality to Imrae's.

Anthony's self introduction had gone quite well. A man who didn't introduce himself had stated his gratitude at being a part of the group, and even "offered" to get a drink with him. "I don't drink, but I would still like to get together and talk sometime." Anthony said to Crimson.

The Atlanteen had accepted his handshake and given him her name. He liked how straightforward she was, and didn't view the lack of a show of optimism as an insult. If it was, it had flopped horribly.

As he had sort of expected, Tali had reacted negatively to being rejected a handshake. However, he didn't expect her to just up and leave the building. He didn't mind, though, since he had heard her name from Captain Brendan.

The rough looking woman that Tali had threatened earlier had returned, and had even been the one to offer a handshake. He gladly accepted, of course. "Thank you, Revek. I look forward to working with you."

The priestess girl seemed to be distracted with something else, but he'd definitely need to find out her name. Not knowing her name on the battlefield could cost him or someone else dearly.

The tribal woman had crossed her arms, nodded, and grunted when offered a handshake. Maybe she wasn't one to shake hands? Maybe it was her culture? He didn't know, but he felt confused and a little insulted.

He was startled when Joy had yelled to them from outside the barracks. Ah, yes, they should indeed hurry. Most shorthairs aren't nocturnal, as he heard from his father, so trespassing in their lands at night would definitely get the group assaulted, and maybe even routed if they didn't expect it. As much as he'd like to start conversing with someone, he should head to the boat. After a bit of walking, he had come up on what he assumed to be their boat.

It was rather large compared to others he had been on, but it had a few major differences. Instead of one... Mast? Was that the word? He didn't know. There were two masts instead of one. Something at the back seemed to be on fire, judging by all the smoke billowing from there. Since nobody had made any fuss, he assumed that it should be doing that. Also at the back were... Watermills? What? Did those push the boat forward? Well... What else would? They probably did.

Anthony stepped back as the priestess and Joy lead two horses onto the ship. This got him thinking. Were there horse beastmen? If there were, would they let others ride them? He didn't see why not, since that is the duty of domestic horses. Would he feel different if he were one of them? He tried to think of things that were his duty, but he wouldn't like doing. He thought of the high possibility of having to take a blow for Tali. Sure, while he didn't like the unruly and short-tempered cat, he wouldn't just neglect his duty to protect others because she threatened an ally earlier. Well, he was raised a knight, so maybe he was a special case. He knew that one's birth did little to decide the person they would become, but how were shorthair beastmen raised? He highly doubted they'd be raised as mounts. If they were, then they'd probably be open to being ridden as a horse, but they'd likely object tenaciously otherwise. Would being a mount even be the duty of a horse beastman? He hadn't met enough of them to have any idea about of this, so he could only speculate.

He heard Joy make a comment that shocked him similarly to Captain Brendan's. Had he heard him right? No, there was no point in doubting it. Joy had clearly stated "We can't cross all that ground fully adorned." Anthony was so caught up in the incident with Tali and introducing himself that he had forgotten about this. He looked at his himself. His shoulders, torso, legs, you name it, were all covered in armor. The only thing that poked out of the giant metal suit he had put himself in was his head, and that was only because he usually kept his helmet off so that it wouldn't get in the way of communication. He knew he'd be ordered to do so sooner or later, so he decided to take the initiative and take his armor off. By the end, he felt naked despite being just as covered by his gambeson. He was like a turtle; he felt at home in his "shell" and exposed without it. He put his armor down in the stables and walked to the seating area in a miserable slump. He held his head so low that he hadn't even noticed he sat next to Tali until she started talking. While he was curious about "Sea Shanties", he was more scared of Tali ripping into his arms like prime beef cuts.

"I'm sorry." He apologized to her as he got up, moved to the exact opposite end of the bench, and sat down. He kept stealing nervous glances at the Savage, half expecting her to be mid-leap at him each time he looked over. He should be less nervous with his shield. He looked over at Tali, and then his shield. Sure, he'd be able to meet any lunge Tali could throw at him, but then what? He had no doubt she had the agility to do a follow-up attack of some sort. Would he be able to stop that? Could she kill him before he could draw his sword? He shuttered at the thought. He looked at his shield arm, and couldn't get the picture of claws splitting his arm open like a baked potato out of his mind. What was with all these food comparisons? Was he hungry? No, he was just worried. He had eaten breakfast, so what was with all the food thoughts? He realized why he kept thinking of food. He felt like a prey animal to Tali. This was a disturbing thought, but one that stuck in his head nonetheless. The logical side of his mind said that was a stupid idea for Tali to attack with other people around, but the other, the paranoid and fanatical side, wouldn't let the thought rest. He looked at Tali again, and instinctively raised his shield to just under his eyes. After confirming that she wasn't halfway across the bench with her claws and teeth bared, he went back to looking forward and lowered his shield. He already missed his armor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back