• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Femme Fatales - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
kangaroosnail kangaroosnail , nini nini , Goonfire Goonfire

I created this OOC thread and a Lore thread.

Based on some of the CS's I think I am going to go with 1871 (rather than 1881), largely because of references to the Civil War.

I think I am going to go with the use of the larger town, Albuquerque. In 1871 it had a population around 3000 and had yet to expand. The railroad won't reach the area for 10 years. I hasn't begun to really grow.

The current Marshall of the Territory of New Mexico is John Pratt.

Hispanics - neuvomexicanos - will be the subject of heavy prejudice by the incoming White Man. In some cases their land is being sold right out from under them. US territorial law will side with the newcomers.

Homestead Act of 1862. This act gave women the right to own land. It allowed them to claim 160 acres for the cost of the filing fee (back then $18). The claimant was required to live on and develop the land for 5 years, plus provide a written statement from a witness such as a neighbor to verify they had done so.

Yes, it would be possible for 4 women to stake neighboring claims.

Artistic License Change: I am going to make the land in the area a little more arable.

I think I will start us out at the very beginning, not having met.

FYI, noone orders whiskey in a saloon unless they are either dead broke or way, WAY off the beaten trail at some hole in the wall. Saloons were basically the place to go to pamper oneself. Steamship ocean liners called first class passage - saloon class. Third class was steerage.

I do not mind people creating an antagonist for the RP, bit only for their own characters. I do not want people dragging others into their drama without permission.

Yep .. that's what the Like is for. Thought I had mentioned that already, but might have forgot.

I can use some ideas for ranches - names, brief descriptions and the owners / personalities. Basically something to add some flavor to the area.

I can use some ideas for ranches - names, brief descriptions and the owners / personalities. Basically something to add some flavor to the area.
I was petting my cat a moment ago and an idea hit me for a ranch owned by a cat lady or dog person. Multiple cats or dogs would be on the ranch. The name would depend on which pet was the preferred one for the owner.

Sounds good.

I also have an idea for what should be the "BIG" ranch of the area - maybe 6400 acres. Needs the owner - a widower, his sons, etc. Pillar of the community and his sons know it. Bit on the entitled side. Think of a less scrupulous Cartwright family (Bonanza). This is the sort of man who would cut off a stream to stop water to a smaller ranch, just to drive them out. And he won't care for sheep or goats. I just need to come up with names and such.

Little bit of world building here.

Mitheral Mitheral

I ended up fleshing out the dog lady rancher and I'm about to add her to my CS post. She'd probably end up more as an NPC compared to Alex, or maybe more of a support character.

I'm thinking maybe she could have a bit of a rivalry with the entitled widower rancher.

No worries. You COULD do a former slave. I have one ex slave NPC that works for my lady doc (Kasey). He's a blacksmith. He isn't so much her employee. She just refers all her blacksmithing needs to him. And she hires him for physical labor to supplement his income. Truth is, she isn't extremely rich.

Cool. I'm actually going to do a african american school teacher from the north whose come down to teach.

FYI, updated the Lore thread. (changed the Doc's name. I had forgotten the Trading Post owner's name was Gus.)

Small book for a post. Doesn't really need a reply. It was mainly for development. Might add something separate for Jonathan.

RedRoleplayer RedRoleplayer A few questions and comments
Were you planning to work for Lew Gantz? (Deputy and Saloon owner.) In the last RP of this type that I did, the town was too small. But this is Albuquerque, so it would work to have an extra worker. (He has a prostitute, Jasmine, who doubles as server and helps in the kitchen.)

Blackfeet were up in Montana. Local tribes would be Apache and Hopi. (Navajo are a bit further west. Cherokee to the East). The specific tribes you may have to check. Mescalero Apache lived to the south and were considered some of the most hostile tribes in the area. This is the tribe Kasey was adopted by. Anyway, if she grew up learning customs, it couldn't be locally.

Good here. (About to head to sleep. Just had my two longest days of the week.)

I'll be replying soon. Every day of the week has been long so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back