• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Feather's Fantastic Long-term Partner Search (New) | Lit./Adv. Lit | Original

Featherstone

Fleet-fingered Father of Falcons
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
YOU CAN FIND MY CURRENT SEARCH HERE.

• bayles-header.jpg
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.❞​

Hello and welcome! My name is Feather, but feel free to call me Fea (he/him). I'm a roleplayer of 10+ years lookin' to get a couple more in-depth, long-term roleplays! I dig slow-burn, tension, and characters who are both flawed and have their good sides--just like real people. Plots can be found in the next tabs; if none of these catch your eye, still feel free to PM me with some ideas! I have a few half-baked ones of my own that aren't up here (yet). Here's what you can expect from me:

* 2-5 paragraph replies on average, but I tend to mirror and am quite capable of 2k+ words in a post
    * Posts usually on the daily, but it depends on length and muse; no less than once a week. I love rapid-fire!
    * Occasional smatters of BBCode
    * OOC chatter, preferably on Discord
    * Dark and mature themes. Sex, drugs, rock 'n roll. I don't write anything gratuitous and I avoid really graphic violence unless there's some reason that makes it purposeful or necessary. No NSFW, either.
    * LGBTQ+
    * Any pairing (including nonbinary), but currently having a hankering for MxM
    * Platonic roleplays
    * Characters of any gender, but most of my muses right now are male
    * Main and side characters of various genders, sexualities, religions, species, etc.
    * Modern fantasy, medieval-era high fantasy, crime, realistic (depends on what the plot is), stuff in that realm. I once had my style described to me as "fantasy mafia noir," which...isn't far off, haha!

And here's what I'm looking for from you:

* 2 solid paragraphs at an absolute minimum, being able to write more is preferable
    * Able to post at least every few days/multiple times a week (on average, not necessarily all the time; I understand that life happens)
    * Be LGBTQ friendly, please.
    * OOC discussion, planning, and plotting.
    * Okay with dark themes
    * Please inquire through PM only, send a writing sample, and tell me which plot/character you're interested in.

Writing Sample (Low Fantasy, Modern, Crime)

product-hugerect-908713-126370-1487350045-e9b6d5e1b52698befa661cfaa2960d80.jpg
    main-qimg-98369c1c50a4a968730ec793ab8f9077
    NT200B-1.jpg

Smoke wove in serpentine tendrils, swallowed by the darkness above. The place was painted in monotones, the only color coming in the glimmering titian of the cigarette's tip, illuminating the sharp angles of its bearer's face. Owlish, gaunt features on a narrow face with a Roman nose and wide, dark eyes shimmering in the black. Gold contrasting against the cool blue of his tie, the onyx button-up, the grey waistcoat and jacket. A few stray locks framing the edges of his heart-shaped countenance. The look in his eyes one that was deadly as the handgun hanging from his long, pale fingers, gaze trained on the figure who now stood before the king.

Ajax was his name, or it was what they called him. The regal figure who bore the name of a soldier from centuries past, who fought in Troy and for the victory of Greece, all power and valor and blood, who sat upon a throne resting upon the bodies of men below him and who bore a crown of thorns that few would dare seek. The man to whom the shadow-veiled smoker gave his obedience, the obedience of a hound to its master, a loyalty as sightless as the cold black in the distant ceilings of the warehouse to which the smoke ascended. The patter of rain thrummed upon the corrugated sheets far above, punctuated in time by the metronome of the steady drip-drip-drip of outside eaves and the tick-tick-tick of the watch in his pocket.

Drip. Tick. Drip. Tock. Drip. Again.

Fire shimmering at his fingertips, gaze acute and hawklike, trained on the man who was now speaking. His voice echoed dimly in the vaults of the place. His tone, low, dangerous, almost sweet. They were alone in the place. Cement-grounded, metal-roofed, empty except for skittering rats and a ghost-white owl that had disappeared upon their entrance. Once, owls were an omen of death in the West; to Rome, an omen of victory. Both were due today by the end of this. By the end of the monologue that droned on to the rhythm of the watch and the water that fell upon the city in some terrible baptism. There was no ark in this flood, however, only the blood of the damned.

"I don't appreciate our goods going missing," Ajax was saying. He was short, in comparison to the man leaning against the wall some distance behind him, with Hispanic features and a lilt that matched the street cant all the people here spoke, though his grammar was hardly so vulgar. "I warned you. Twice, I warned you; twice, I gave you a chance; twice, you've failed. And it leads me to rather wonder whether or not it is deliberate or if you are merely incompetent. But here you are. No money. Gone, again. You see my predicament, don't you?"

Smoke, searing the owlish figure lungs, light playing over his face, then receding into darkness once more. Incompetence or betrayal. Neither was good. This wasn't going to end well for the fellow on the ground, and as he watched, his mind flickered back. Flickered back to another man on the ground. Another man, begging him to see the light, begging him to turn all this away and see the good and the pure and the righteous. Another man, whose blood had sunk into the cracks of the earth, another mortal felled by the hands that now held temporary fire.

"Pl-please, it was just an accident." Trembling. Wavering. Unsteady. Tainted by not fear, but terror, the terror of the rat to the cat, the cat to the hound, the hound to Man.

"You know my thoughts on accidents. That's over three million dollars' worth of 'accidents.' And, now, someone who thinks they can take from us. That doesn't sound very good to me, does it to you?"

"One more chance. I won't fail again, I promise. I promise. Please."

"Cain," the voice said, and the light brightened when the cigarette was burned to its filter. The flicker of brightness receded as quickly as it came and the tall figure stepped out of the shadows. Thumb in his pocket, gun hanging from his fingers, cigarette striking the ground and left. Smoke pouring out of his nostrils like that of the dragon spoken of in Revelation, cast into the lake of fire for tempting mankind into sin, turning them against God. But this one, he'd eaten of the forbidden fruit himself. Everyone in the room knew that. "You've a good memory for things, you were here before. What was it I said to Isaiah here when he asked me for this job to prove himself to us?"

drug-syringe-cooked-heroin-spoon-cocaine-bag-sca-scattered-candle-burns-evening-84327687.jpg
    "'Once a mistake, twice a folly, thrice a choice,' " he replied. There was the slightest hint of a country drawl to his words but his grammar, like Ajax's, was impeccable. His tone, cool and even. Eyes, neither on his master nor the man shrinking before them, but cast somewhat to the side, almost to the ground. Yet, somehow, it didn't take from the power inherent in his posture.

"Yes." He nodded, then looked down at Isaiah, brown gaze turned black in the shadowed space. "And what do you generally find me to be a man who makes bad choices?"

"No, sir."

"Mmm. Then you see my predicament."

"Cain." The king spoke again, and the younger figure's gaze flickered towards him, landing on his shoes. "Remind him what I meant by that."

Silence. Drip. Tick.

The footsteps echoing, wingtip shoes on the dampened ground, thumb coming out of his pocket. The air around them turning frigid. Breath, clouding white in the air, no smoke required to send the wisps into the darkness above.

Drip. Tock. Bang.

A scream reverberated in the place and Isaiah fell, leg buckling beneath him. The bullet impacting his knee. The stench of blood in the air. He pressed his hand beneath him, trying to push himself back up, and the footsteps came nearer to his still-moving body as he struggled. Patient, even footsteps of Ajax's second.

"Once, a mistake," Cain murmured, coming to stand before him. He hooked his foot beneath the man's abdomen, kicking him over onto his back, then rammed his foot onto his chest. The gun hung from his loose wrist and his forearm came to rest on his knee as he knelt over his target. Still no eye contact. He lifted his arm, barely glancing back to double-check his aim, rotating the gun so the muzzle pointed behind him.

Tock. Bang. Agonized cry.

"Twice, folly."

He leaned forward, closing his fingers around the bleeding, beaten man's throat. Frost webbed over the metal, silver threading through Cain's dark irises, cold seeping through his bones. Every heartbeat sending ice through his veins from his chest to his fingers. Every breath, slicing, stabbing, sending the clouds into the air in exhalation. White coming across his target's skin. Lips turned blue. Fingers clawing at his killer's sleeve.

Drip. Tick. Silence.

CornyCrow1_copy.png

download.jpg
    Elijah Edwards. Twenty-one years old. Having stolen over two million dollars in a briefcase that was supposed to have been carried by Isaiah. Where that had gone wrong, none quite knew, and none quite cared. Cain's work was simple: find him, scare him, and tell him to give the money over. Set a time limit if he didn't already have it. Return at the end of given time and bring him back to the King of the Blackthorns if it didn't work out properly.

His gun was settled in a holster beneath his jacket, dark hair slicked and pulled into a tight ponytail at the base of his skull, pace steady and even and purposeful. Through the backstreets, through this alleyway and that one until he came upon the brick complex where Elijah lived. The walls were worn to a dull brown from their once-red hue. Wings clapped when he opened the unlocked door to the place. Pigeons, scattering, taking to the air, a single one of pure white amongst them. He paused in his stride, watching as they took to the sky and alighted upon the rooftops, cooing amongst themselves. Such pretty things.

He padded up the stairs, climbing to the second story, ignoring the look cast his way by the old lady in the hall. She shirked away upon his passing--as well she should have--and he pressed on until he reached the door he sought. Apartment 212. He glanced about, then knelt before it, withdrawing a pick from his pocket and inserting it into the door, followed by the sawed-off tip of a screwdriver. Wait. Shuffle. Click. Listen. Click. Listen. Click. Turn. Rotate. Kuh-chk.

The door creaked open. Satisfied, Cain stepped inside, closing it behind him and turning the lock. The man wouldn't know anything was amiss until he came inside and saw the gun on his table and the bearer gazing at him with an icy gaze. It was a pretty place, obviously kept by a man who had a sense of aesthetic, with maps framed on the walls and a vinyl records stacked neatly beside a player. A small piano in the corner, wooden, pretty enough. He knelt, thumbing through the vinyls. Indie, mostly; not his style. But then, in the back, one that caught his interest much more quickly. Johann Sebastian Bach. He flipped it over. There it was: Sonata No. 1 in G Minor. Presto. How fitting. He hummed softly to himself, sliding it into its proper place, setting the needle. Turning the volume down so that it added atmosphere but didn't make his words in any way inaudible. Satisfied, the man briefly wandered through the rest of the place. A bedroom. A kitchen. A bathroom. Nothing terribly notable.

This done, he returned to the main room, walking over to the table. Pulling out a chair that was facing the door and sitting down. His gun, set before him, quite within his reach, jacket hung on the chair next to him. He slid his long legs out and crossed them in idle relaxation but the luxurious posture was little more than a display of his power. Intention lined his muscles, was visible in the look of his eye, and then he waited. Waited for Eli to get home. Waited to get down to proper business.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back