Faymarsh Village

When Vince retreated from Gen, he went back to the place he knew best: The Bleeding Heart Lounge, of which he was the proud owner. Truth be told, there wasn't much there to be proud of; the place was dark and cramped and smelled strongly of bleach. The two-thirds of the vinyl seats were split open, some of them missing considerable chunks. However, his customers didn't seem to mind, as the business never failed to turn a profit. In fact, it was consistently filled to capacity on the weekends. The place was clean, the booze was cheap, and the bartender made great cocktails at superhuman speed. Some patrons reported leaving the bar feeling lightheaded and dizzy, but that was usually attributed to too much alcohol.

Vincent rarely left the place, seeing as it was his job to make sure operations were running smoothly and to act as front of house. Tonight, however, had been the exception.

"Things going okay?" he asked the bartender.

"Can't complain," he replied, "No problems so far." 

Vince nodded his thanks, then made his rounds, checking on all his patrons.

@SirGrey

Lizzie facepalmed at Gen's mention of 'vampire problems.' Like she needed anyone to draw attention to that. She thought, Why couldn't she have just said nothing? What if Jack asks more questions? What am I going to say? She sighed. Everything is going to be okay, she told herself. Anyway, she was happy to see that Lilly was generally unharmed, barring some emotional scarring.

Lizzie feigned surprise at Genevieve's transformation, hoping to curry favor with Jack.

"Wait, you're one of them, too? Jack, did you know anything about this?"

She winked at Gen, as if to say, I'm not completely throwing you under the bus. Gen beckoned the man out of the room.

"Yeah, whatever, you show him that you're actually nice. I'm going to get myself some garlic," she said.

@FrostFire @Geozaki @CactusJuice

I snickered. Had she forgotten that I had just jumped through the window of the top floor with her in my arms? Regardless of Liz's pitiful attempt, I turned back to Jack, a mischievous smirk on my face. "So... Are you coming?".

@Bethari @CactusJuice

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Bleeding Heart Lounge huh" the con man mutters as he shows his id to the door man. Going inside you were instantly hit with some kind of bleach-ish smell. Looking around you can instantly tell lights were this places top priority. Going over to the bartender the con man orders a gin and tonic. Some would joke that's a chicks drink. Johnny would just drink it. This place did seem to have its own very unique charm but charm never the less. Going over to a seat John decides to keep himself to his drink for the moment. @Bethari   

Despite his lack of supernatural knowledge, Jack was no fool. He knew perfectly well something was being hidden from him. However, as to what they were hiding he couldn't be sure. It was obvious that Lizzie had knew Gen was a vampire before hand. The only way Gen could have saved his partner is if she used her vampire powers. Not to mention the fact, they came through the window, yet that didn't trouble him the most. What troubled him most is why the vampires were after Lizzie in the first place. It wasn't hard to conclude that Gen and her and her had stand had gotten themselves in trouble with them, but then why attack Lizzie? They had only known each other for less then a day, so he doubted they were using her as a hostage. Perhaps it had something to do with what they discussed before he arrived. These and many other thoughts swirled through his head. He sighed. It seemed like the only people he could trust were Lilly, a girl who had her view of reality twisted in a way in which vampires were good, and his dog, Buffy. Buffy was one creature he could always trust. He heard Gen mention that she was going to hunt, and that he could accompany her to protect people. She giggled. The beast probably thought the idea of him stopping her was funny. He thought on this for a moment trying to find some compromise. He eventually thought of one; he didn't particularly like the idea, but he had little choice. "As a monster hunter I can't stand by as you take blood from victims without your consent." He stepped closer to her, unbuttoned the top of his shirt, and loosened his tie. "So if you're hungry, I'll be your blood bag." Jack pulled on the collar of his shirt exposing his neck. He couldn't help but blush a bit, and he quickly looked away. He'd been bit by a female vampire before; it had been one of his closest calls with death.

@Bethari @FrostFire

Jack had taken what I had said the wrong way. So I decided to torment him a bit...

I crept up to him, and circled slowly, stalking my prey. "Oh?", my voice was dark and mischievous, coated with lust.

Stroking his arm, I brushed my nose across his neck. "Mmmm.... You smell nice...", I chuckled, and dragged my fangs, oh so softly, across his neck. I didn't even break the skin, but he would be able to feel how deadly sharp they were on his skin, his pulse racing.

@CactusJuice @Geozaki @Bethari

Lizzie stared at Jack's exposed throat. Time seemed to slow. She could hear the man's heartbeat and the blood swishing through his veins. She felt at once the thirstiness of hundreds of nights, despite having fed recently. She felt the thirstiness of the nights when she had told herself no. Snap out of it, she told herself, you fed twice today. You're fine.

Thankfully, the temptation lasted less than a moment. Lizzie cleared her throat. She said, "Jack, it's okay. She doesn't feed from humans. Only animals. She even filled up on deer blood before she came. Right Gen? That's what you said when you flew me over here, anyway."

The detective got the distinct feeling that the man was done trusting people for a while. She could relate. Then Gen started dragging her fangs across the man's neck. Oh, God, why? Why did you have to do that? she thought.

"Gen, are you sure that's a good idea? You're scaring him."

@FrostFire @CactusJuice (( @SirGrey Sorry, I'll respond to Johnny in the next post, I swear. A few details need ironing out.))

Lizzie words proved that she'd known about Gen's vampirism at least before they'd arrived. It was odd though; Jack hadn't heard of any cases in which vampires could feed off anything besides humans. Even if Gen could, it didn't seem like she was going to turn down his offer. Jack wasn't particularly worried about being sucked dry or anything. After all, she had saved his life, so if that was how she decided he would repay his debt then so be it. However, the way she said it did. It had reminded him so much of that other case in which a female vampire had taken an interest in young men. Her compulsion abilities were particularly strong, and she'd use them to lure men away. Then again, she often was able to lure them away with her body alone. She had made a big deal about blood sucking. Like it was something sexual. Her bite had been so gentle he'd almost missed it even though she had been draining him dry. The way Gen reminded him of that vampire made him blush more. Jack wanted to remain expressionless, but he was only a man. He couldn't deny that Gen was quite attractive, and what made it worse was that she was married, and her daughter Lilly was just in the other room. His face was a bright red at this point, and his heart was beating quickly. "...c-can we just get this over with? We don't have all night." Jack said while still looking away. He didn't particularly want Gen to see him blushing. He faintly wondered if this was some purposeful practice to get more blood running to his face.

@FrostFire @Bethari

I snickered deviantly. He really had no idea what I was doing, did he? Circling my arms around him slowly, I turned him to face me. "Don't worry, dearest Lizzie. He isn't frightened at all...", I smiled a big, fangy grin at Jack. I was enjoying this way too much, and I was going to enjoy what I did next even more.

A devilish smirk on my face, I could see right through him. "Oh dearie me. I dare say Our young hunter here has been here before...", I leaned forward, now completely against him, I whispered, "Aren't you enjoying this a little much? Dearest hunter....", kissing his neck again, and gnawing slightly. I was careful not to break the skin, not yet, but I did leave a long scratch, right across his jugular vein, which was dancing with his pulse.

@CactusJuice 

(You'll understand in my next post lol. I'm having way to much fun... X3)

Jack was glad she knew he wasn't afraid. He was a monster hunter, so things like this didn't scare him, but then she turned him to face her, and she was able to deduce he'd been in such a situation before. It was like she could see right through him. Was it possible for a vampire to have telepathy? He wondered. Then Jack remembered that he was probably blushing furiously. Trying to figure out how to get his mind off things, he decided to talk about the incident a bit . "...I guess you could say that. A few years back I met a vampire who's MO was leading young males back to her hotel room where she'd eventually drain them dry. Naturally, me being a young male myself, I used myself as bait." He wasn't sure why, but he felt a little ashamed of this. Not particularly enjoying the feeling, he tried redirecting it. "You'd be surprised how often females of your race like to prey on the young men in mi-" Gen pressed herself against him causing Jack to stop talking. He gulped nervously. Here it comes. Then she whispered to him, and his face became of mix of confusion, shock, anger, and embarrassment. his face flushed red once again. "...w-what? I'm not enjoying this at a-". She bit his neck, or at least that's what he believed she did, but to his surprise he it was more like a kiss with a nibble. Though she scratched him with her fangs, she still hadn't broken skin. Jack bit his lip a bit trying to figure out what to do. This was becoming a bit indecent. Even if she and her husband were a vampire, Jack couldn't let his interactions with another man's wife go much farther then this. He really hoped she'd just bite him soon; the anticipation was likely worse then the act would be. His heart was pumping at this point; this had escalated far beyond what he had initially expected.

@FrostFire 

He was now exactly where I wanted him. My arms still around his waist, I tightened them, and jumped. We went only a short distance, only just clearing the balcony, and then dropped like stones. As we were falling, I shuffled around a bit, so that I was carrying him bridal style when I hit the ground running. Not as fast as usual, but fast enough that it was definitely vampire speed.

Once we were deep in the woods, I let him onto his feet. "You really are an idiot.", I sighed. He was honestly hopeless...

It was pitch black, and I doubted Jack could see anything, and he certainly couldn't run to the town, considering I had taken a detour, and we were going too fast for him to really see what was going on.

@CactusJuice

((DANGIT, @FrostFire for responding before I could! ))

Lizzie stood up. "Hey, I'm sorry to butt in like this, but that's enough." She shoved Gen aside, hoping to give Jack a little breathing room.

She frowned. "I know you think you rescued me and all, and I'm grateful for the ride over, but you're just making things worse. What you're doing right now is like throwing Lilly into a pen full of dogs and then punishing her for shitting herself. It's not funny and it's only going to make Jack more scared."

((Since my earlier response was lost to the ether, @SirGrey, here's a shortened, but hopefully equally informative, response. Sorry it's not so good. :(  I had to respond quickly.)) 

Vince could smell the magic on the scruffy young man who entered his bar. He looked his bartender in the eye and touched his forefinger to the tip of his nose. The bartender flipped a switch, and the fairy lights hanging from the rafters lit up. It was their signal to the other kindred that there was a witch in their midst. Still, Vincent endeavored to treat the man with the same respect he gave his other patrons. The bartender slid the man his gin and tonic.

Lilly lay in bed, she was exhausted, but she couldn't sleep. She could hear every word of the conversation going on in Jack's room, but didn't want to interfere, she'd said enough... no, she'd said too much, and she regretted it. She didn't regret trying to change Jack's mind about Gen, more how she'd tried to do it. Maybe she could have said it differently, or been a little less pathetic. When Gen left with Jack, she got out of bed, looking around to see if she could find any paper and a pen or pencil. She couldn't. She climbed back into bed again, staring at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep. She tried to think of a story that she could tell herself. Suddenly she found herself in a dark forest, it was cold and rain was violently lashing down on her, chilling her to the bone. Lilly sat up, breathing heavily. She looked around, she was still in the hotel room... but it had been so real. She shivered from the feel of the cold rain dripping of her hair, before lying back down again.

Johnny drank his Gin and Tonic and looked up towards the lights hanging from the rafters. He wondered why some of the patrons giving him the evil eye. Then again the whole place gave John an uneasy feeling. Then again being stubborn and curious he decided to stick around. Taking his drink and finding a city the con man kept his eyes open and his ears open. After all that has happened tonight what was the worse that could happen. @Bethari

Shuugo Izuru, Dream Walker...the Black Fox

kitsune.jpg

Ah yes, the forests of Faymarsh located on the conspicuous realm of Earth. The leaves made the world dappled in shadows and light as he came to. In the world of the waking, he rose like a premonition, clad in dark armor with gold, that ever-present fox mask over ivory skin. Shugo Izuru stretched his limbs, a bit stiff from lack of use over the last few hours he had been gathering intelligence, slipping into dreams like how frogs slip beneath the glassy surfaces of ponds. Misao's malachs were infecting some of the socially powerful females in the area. Humans, all of them. He didn't hesitate to seek Genevieve out. By smell he tracked her in his fox form, it forced him to travel through the woods slower than he was accustomed to. At least she had a rather distinct scent being a vampire and all that. Soon he spotted the mauve of her hair between glossy leaves and sinewy branches.

"Lady Tourmaline," he said in his low, quiet voice. "I bring news. Grim news. Several of the human females have been infected by malachs. They are of Misao's making."

Vincent stopped by the scruffy young man. "Good evening. Is everything to your satisfaction?" he asked in a thick, eastern-European accent. His devilish grin was on full display. He would not let his vendetta against witch-kind spoil his attitude towards a paying customer. He was a professional, after all.

@SirGrey

Johnny pauses as one of the staff, maybe even the manger stops him. At first Johnny wondered what he had done. Relief rushed over him. "Oh yeah mate I mean ya booze is at a decent price and this place don't look too bad" the con man says while looking at the person asking question. And at his smile. His unsettling grin with even more unnervingly sharp teeth. Smiling the con man mande his way to his seat. After all they had no reason hurt him. And even if they did he'd been bitten once tonight. It weren't going to happen twice. @Bethari

I turned as I heard a voice. I had sensed him coming up behind me. "Ah, Yes. Izuru-san. Oh dear. This is much sooner than I anticipated.", I spoke in Japanese. Going back to English, I addressed Jack. "Jack, this is Izuru-san. He is here to help us. It seems our situation is far more serious than I first thought...", my voice was grave. This town was in serious trouble. 

"Now... The reason I brought you here in the first place, Jack...", a deer walked up, it's gaze blank, walk confident. I stroked it as it walked straight up to me, and paused there. "Poor thing... I hate drinking blood almost as much as you hate the concept, Jack. But it must be done. Liz was in fact telling the truth. Vampires can sustain themselves with animal blood. It is much weaker, however, and one cannot get stronger on it, only preserve ones strength. Many do it, although you will not have met any of them.", I sighed, a sad expression on my face, as I knelt and bit into the deer's neck. It didn't even flinch, felt no pain, and after I had drank only a little, I licked the wounds. They healed before our eyes, and the deer walked off a distance, shook it's head, and bounded away. It wasn't even mildly distressed. "Ironically enough, when I was human, I refused to eat meat. To this day, I have never killed a creature. Although it is up to you whether you believe me or not, Jack.". I smiled sadly, no trace or even hint of blood on my face.

@CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac

((Sorry for posting again before you had a chance to react, Cactus... ;-;  But I wanted to progress a bit... Sowy.))

The man shied away from Vince. Typical vitch bastard, he thought, They take your booze, but refuse your hospitality. 

"Hey, need a refill?" the bartender asked the blond man. He was juggling shot glasses filled with whiskey, his hands moving so quickly that he didn't spill a drop. The patrons applauded; Ol' Mike was yet another reason why the Bleeding Heart Lounge stayed in business. The way he poured drinks was always spectacular. 

John decide to play a game. A dangerous game yet it could give great rewards. Going over an getting a refill the con man asks "Can I get another as well" he says in a rather unimpressed manner. Booze is booze don't mater how you pour it as long as it lands in the glass. Taking the two drinks and going over to Vince he hands him one. "Sorry mate what did you say ya name was" he says in a very convincing apologetic tone. "Johnny is my name mate" he says with a smile. After all if the vampire wanted to find out he could. Especially this one by the looks of him. @Bethari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back